Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

Wink Lilly Pulitzer for women

Wink Lilly Pulitzer for women
dislike

The collection of three fragrances by this house will be on the market from November 2008 and include perfumes named Wink, Squeeze and Beachy.

Wink opens with aromas of pear nectar, pink freesia and aromas of lush garden, with heart blossoming with a bouquet of roses, white lily and violet, adding crystal amber and white musk in the base. The perfumer of this edition in a pink bottle is Cecile Krakower.

Design director and motifs creator by the house of Lilly Pulitzer, Janie Schoenborn, created combinations of colours and motifs which will be visible on stripes on colour pencil boxes, as well as on perfume package. Wink got primary motifs in pink and green nuances, Squeeze is decorated with yellow and orange, while Beachy is coloured in blues and greens. Secondary motifs are found on outside packages, as well as on body lotions. Design of the bottles was inspired by architecture Via Mizner in Palm Beach.

Wink is available in two amounts: 50ml (1.7oz) EDP and 100ml (3.4oz) EDP, with an accompanying line of body lotions and scented candles.

Pear Freesia Green Notes

Attimo L`Eau Florale

Wink Fragrance Reviews

DR521
DR521

This is a decent and even interesting peony floral. I'm not the most experienced at this genre, but to me this fragrance inhabits the same world as the new Chloe Eau de Toilette. It's got a similarly sharp, thin peony rose opening (I guess that's supposed to be freesia) and radiance, then quickly develops a structure that nods to the fougere. Minutes after the pink freesia opening (which made me think this was a headache-inducing scrubber) a dirty amber accord appears in a structure remarkably similar to a fougere. Instead of herbal lavender and coumarin you have a citrusy freesia juxtaposed to a warm vanillic amber, however the interesting dissonance of the warm amber with the cool herbal tones typical of a fougere is there. The fragrance develops a nice golden radiance that feels more like an aura than an in-your-face smell and the ambery base stays interesting with an herbal green quality possibly like thyme. The florals become more powdery and blend with the vanillic amber without losing their pale rosy smell. I was surprised at how much I liked it.

In the genre of smelling good for not so much money, this one is a winner. Unfortunately the opening is a turn-off for me, I'm not the type to wait through a bad opening to get to the good stuff as I have too many other fragrances that need wearing. However if there was a version of this executed with richer materials I would probably be tempted to add it to my collection. It's a good perfumery idea and a neat variation on the fougere trend.

If you love Chloe Eau de Toilette and want a different variant, this could be your gateway to niche.

TexBex
TexBex

My favorite of the Lilly trio, but not as in love with the scents as I am with the wardrobe. Maybe 100 degree weather will change my mind, we'll see.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

Not unpleasant, but not as girly and light as the presentation seems to suggest. Too much lily for my tastes.

for some reason i get a lot of citrus from this it also combines with the floral notes so it clashes a bit for me. i smell citrus then sweet floral. i like it, it's not a stomach turner, but it's not a big favorite. last time isn't so good, maybe an hour. the bottle is very cute.

Kohla1
Kohla1

I didnt expect to love this as much as I do! I dont have that issue with it being too alcoholic and I dont get a BO smell to this as some have said. All I get is Rose, Lily, and Freesia and I am very happy about that :)

wayv
wayv

This one does not smell great on me - have a bottle to swap. Willing to give it up for Bobbie Brown Beach, TM Cologne, Marc Jacobs Daisy (eau so fresh, or orig.)

Kathrynsich
Kathrynsich

My mom snatched this up at Marshalls for me because she knows I'm a fiend for both Lilly Pulitzer and fragrance, so I couldn't wait to try it. I had smelled all 3 fragrances when they came out years ago, but had forgotten by now if I liked them or not.
I'm huge on notes like aquatics, pears, woods, etc., so I think I would probably gravitate toward Beachy if I had to choose for myself out of the 3, but I was pleasantly suprised when she gave it to me that it wasn't as floraly as I thought it would be. It's more of a sweet floral, which I can deal with.
Pears, greens, and whites combine with just enough rose and sweet pea to make it floral but not overwhelming. There's also a touch of something sweet and citrusy like pink grapefruit, orange, or pineapple. When I wore it outside on a really humid and balmy evening, it smelled a lot more tropical and exotic to me, but still floral. It smelled like a Palm Beach night; so perfectly Lilly! I get what they were trying to encapsulate with this one.
This almost smells like a slightly more floral version of J'adore to me, something I used to wear all the time back as a teen, so I love that about it. It's also a teeny bit remniscent of I Fancy You by Jessica Simpson (another Marshall's gem! Who would have known?) It's definitely got those pear and green notes once it settles on you. I think it goes on a little more floral/alcoholy, but then it settles into something creamier. The amber and musk comes later also, but it's never too much of either. I'd say more amber than musk if anything.
The longevity is moderate. It's not too bad, and especially in comparison to 2 other fragrances I recently purchased; Harajuku Lovers' G of the Sea & Tous l'eau. I love them, but they're more of a body spray for my chemistry. Wink exceeded my expectations (but they were pretty low to begin with after those two). My chemistry tends to need a heavier amount of fragrance for it to be at all noticeable, and I find that I can still smell this on me at the end of the day.
I was really happy with this scent, and if you're on the fence, I say go for it! Especially for the summer. It's a perfect warm weather scent.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I now have all three and I find this one is the best. I love the sour, tart rose that is not typical of most rose perfumes. You do need to drench yourself in this to enjoy it just like with Squeeze. Beachy is strongest of the three.

JenAtticus
JenAtticus

This is so nice for spring and going into summer. It's floral and bright, very grassy and almost fruity. I like it! I almost love it because it only cost me $14.99 at Marshall's.

Eringobr
Eringobr

LOVE!!! I wear this probably the most out of everything I own. It has become my signature scent in some circles, even turned my sister into a loyal LiLy fan. The coolest part about that is it smells so different on her than on me ( I couldn't be having it if she smelled like me! ) " Wear pink and make the boys wink " has got to be the best explanation of this charming, invigorating, and delightfully flirty scent. I get sooooo many compliments , especially from the opposite sex! ( one dude even said he wanted to eat me, lol, which, hey- to each their own)
I don't get the rose, but I do get the lily, and a light peony,which do very well w my chemistry. It's tart, refreshing, soft, and radiant .... I am a big fan! I also like Beachy and Squeeze, but not enough to continue buying it. I try new perfumes all the time and while they are certainly beautiful and glamorous, for some reason I keep coming back to Wink! It must be the pink- I love pink perfume :)

cinema1974
cinema1974

very light floral powdery scent... I like it but wink is more citrus and my favorite... they cost about 65$ at her shop but more of a body spray than a perfume or EDT I think...

nastyamason
nastyamason

Love this fragrance! It makes me happier every time I wear it. Gorgeous rose shines all the way through. It works better for me than Bvlgari Rose Essentielle EDP and even Stella, where other notes overwhelm the rose. It does not last very long but I just reapply, because I love the scent so much. Thanks to exciter76 for sending me this in a swap!

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

This is one naughty scent. It must be the musk in this one. Has the same effect on my husband as Narciso Rodriguez for Her. When I wear it, he inhales deeply. This has a bit of a BO smells that makes it quite sexy IMO. I was a bit reluctant to wear it at first but since my husband reacted so positively to this I started wearing it more often. It's a noticeable scent and it lingers a long time on clothes specially and in the skin. I don't detect the rose as others have mentioned I smell the musk and something sour like fruit juice. This one is worth a try. Like the box says " Wear Pink and make the Boys Wink! I totally agree!

cjc272788
cjc272788

There may be one or two notes in this fragrance that aren't entirely unpleasant. I can definitely appreciate the predominant rose smell. Unfortunately, though, it contains a harsh smell similar to nail polish remover; for this reason, I simply cannot wear on my body. Instead, I've been using it to lightly scent my sheets and pillow cases. I've noticed the nail polish smell does fade after a while when the perfume settles. On the upside, the bottle is cute and preppy.

Lilly Pulitzer WINK opens with a rather unpleasant blast of alcohol. It is rare to encounter a so-called eau de parfum where the dominant top note is alcohol, but it is in this one, which immediately called to my mind the BBW body sprays. Body sprays, not edts or edps...

After the alcohol evaporates away to some extent, WINK is pink. I'm starting to think that pink perfumes should have their own category because there are so many of them, and they smell so similar to one another because they all feature vague and abstract flowers. Peony and freesia facsimiles tend to loom large.

WINK is definitely my least favorite of the Lilly Pulitzer trio, and I am now considering a moratorium on any more blind buys of pink perfumes! Désolée.

exciter76
exciter76

Prepare to get intoxicated on the scent of this rose-flavored alcoholic confection. I swear I would order this dandy up at my local watering hole on a balmy Spring-—or Autumn if you live on the West Coast-—afternoon, lounging around with a couple of friends on the smoking patio. The more I think of it the more I dare my local barkeep to create a fluffy pink confection where rose syrup and vodka are the main ingredients. Yeah, a drink, but not a perfume.

This drink concoction is what one has to look forward to upon first spray of Lilly Pulitzer’s Wink. It is roses and booze. But there is an olfactory pay-off, I swear. Once the pink confectionary element fades away the lily and freesia come in to save the day and justify this as a fragrance and not a dismissive passing fancy. It is a casually romantic bouquet of flowers, akin to the bouquets sent to simply remind our lovers we were thinking of them on a Wednesday and nothing more. Be mindful, this is NOT the anniversary/birthday/Valentine’s Day bouquet of roses. If that is what you are seeking, Bvgari Rose Essentielle is more your calling.

My biggest complaint with this fragrance is its inability to last. It just does not last long enough to allow anyone to enjoy its supposed amber and musk base. If sprayed on clothing it lasts but it still does not give off much in the way of base notes; imagine being told there will be dessert and yet, no dessert! It is a bit of a disappointment but not enough to write this one off. It remains a satisfying, casual rose fragrance.

i love love love that beautiful fragrance. Its my first choice and i have alot of perfumes.

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

very ncie i really like this one at first there was a ton of alcohol smell but i was expecting that by the reviews but it only lasted a minute or shorter and then its smells very pretty...it is a sweet and sour perfume they are my favorite more tangy and fresh..i do not know about staying power yet but it is a very good perfume and i love the bottle if you like sweet and sour fruity florals you wil like this, to me its more fruity than floral and i do not get the rose that everyone talks about but to when i think of rose i think that old perfume smelling of rose so maybe this is a rose thats smells fruity i dont know...NICE its a keeper

Sweet pea floral with green notes. It is tart and sweet without being cloying and it manages to escape being too young. I think any age can wear this, and that is mostly due to the lack of overwhelming fruity notes. Very pretty.

rednose
rednose

When I sniffed this, I thought it was cool and that we'd get along. After I brought it home, the excitment disappeared. It gave me a headache. This is too much for me to handle. When it calms down it can be very pretty.Why am I complaining, then? IT TAKES A LONG TIME FOR THE ALCOHOLIC LIKE NOTE TO VANISH. I'm going to hand it to mom, hope it suits her. Honestly just thinking of it give sme a headache(coming from a person who thought it's silly & dramatic to say you got a headache from a fragrance.)

sharyssa

I finally bought this today and I like this one alot! It is fresh and fruity and very noticable.It lingers and I really like this one got it at Marshalls for $24.99! I want squeeze next I tried Beachy and it stinks at first but has a nice drydown but I might get it for the collection. Very pretty bottles too! Wear pink and make the boys wink~Lilly Pulitzer.

sharyssa

I seen this at Marshalls yesterday and I am going back to get it today.I like the bottle so much it is pretty and I can't wait to buy it!

sofiii
sofiii

I've got a sample of this perfume, thought it would be another generic scent. However, after I tried it on, the fresh, sweet but not the sugary sweet beginning makes me want to keep on sniffing and find out more. Somehow, there's a kind of fresh cut grass scent tangled with the sweet first impression, and all is so pleasant, as if I was in a garden and watching the sunrise, while birds are singing.
However, the feeling doesn't last long, soon the top notes disappeares and some generic floral fruity notes comes in. I normally don't like floral fruity scent, but this one has blended everything so nicely and everything is in harmony.
Yeah, I totally agree with Mrs.Honey, there's a lot of rose note (at least on my skin there is). Sweet rose, but not the granny's powdery rose :-). Somehow the rose scent here reminds me Anna Sui's lip balm. Sweet, but not too loud.
Towards the dry down, things are rather linear, just the nice sweet rose + floral scent.

Mrs.Honey
Mrs.Honey

I just about wrote this one off after the sales associate gave me a fabric strip with the perfume on it. The top note is a bit like grapefruit:a touch bitter. I put the strip into my shopping bag and didn't think much of it, until I started smelling this delightful scent. This led me to skin-test the perfume. I got a strong rose note, though overall this one is not a rose soliflore. A few minutes after I tried it, a sales associate in a shoe store complimented me and asked what it was. After the rose came a pleasant but indistinguishable drydown. I am sitting the fence about buying this one, but may have to take the plunge.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lilly Pulitzer Wink fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lilly Pulitzer Wink, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wink by Lilly Pulitzer. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wink by Lilly Pulitzer represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.