Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Neiges Lise Watier for women

Neiges Lise Watier for women
dislike

Neiges Lise Watier for women Pictures Neiges Lise Watier for women Pictures Neiges Lise Watier for women Pictures Neiges Lise Watier for women Pictures Neiges Lise Watier for women Pictures

Neiges by Lise Watier is a Floral fragrance for women. Neiges was launched in 1999. The fragrance features magnolia, orange blossom, musk, jasmine, hiacynth, woodsy notes, lily-of-the-valley and rose.

Magnolia Orange Blossom Musk Jasmine Hiacynth Woodsy Notes Lily-of-the-Valley Rose

Mischief
Anais Anais

Neiges Fragrance Reviews

minnnie_2000@yahoo.fr
minnnie_2000@yahoo.fr

I love this perfume. Clean, crisp,green notes and citrus notes. Ever so light and beautiful.

suhaesa
suhaesa

this perfume is so bright.. crisp.. loud.. snowy.. yet serene..its a sophisticated white floral.. that sings out loud notes of pleasure..this review is coming from someone who is not head over heels for florals or rose..but in this composition the white florals are intertwined with the musk and powdery notes and the green notes making everything translucent..bright.. and not cloying..in the back ground i almost smell anise anise from chacarel.. although anie is more pungent ...(this is also pungent to a great extent in a more civilised classier manner)..
this perfume is clean.. and crisp.. and is well blended.. it smells like a high end department store.. or well dressed aristocratic lady.. it actually reminds me a bit of my mother.. although my mom liked her perfumes drier.. like rive gauch ysl and first by van cleef and no5 chanel and carven or magrief and fidji by guy laroch..so when i sprayed this perfume i was instantly taken back to many of those perfumes.. including lu air de tamps by nina ricci and anise anise by cachareal..
there is something so familiar ..so inviting.. so beautiful..its like a white bouquet of flowers.. from a white flower garden minus the deep sickly rose notes..the rose here is almost green ..the flowers are almost luminous..its flowers and carnations.. as in the eternity ck... carnation with the smell of cloves ...
this perfume doesn't have a long standing relationship with me.. but i feel it has a long history ..i feel the more i use it ..the more i am mesmerised by is hidden subtle strength ..i am in awe of its simple pleasures.. i am discovering the other side of the the perfume spectrum.. that used to scare me to an extent.. i am more open to try new things ..new places that held a bit of fear in my heart..i am more open to white florals ..and their opulent magic.. their straight forward frankness...this perfume is the epitome of pure.. clean.. full.. crisp.. lady like.. sophistication..a perfume that will be be remembered..and leaves a trail everywhere you go...and a memory .. and an impression..of strength and confidence ..and can easily be used a signature scent..a lovely bright.. uplifting.. maybe more of a morning afternoon and can be used all day and night ..perfect for hot weather it doesn't cloy ..and also nice for an all year round perfume more spring summer though..when it dries it turns a bit powdery.. a bit almost creamy.. but this depends on each individuals ph balance.. and skin chemistry..
oh i almost forgot this perfume also reminds me of fine soaps ..the old lux white soap.. so if you are looking for a clean yet floraly dry crisp bright soapy scent this is a perfect one ..it almost makes you feel like you've taken a shower powdered and lightly lotioned with fine toiletries the entire day..
its a womanly mature confident perfume fit for all womankind across nations..

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

I am not objective, my mother just passed away and I'm going through the house finding treasures from all the way to my childhood. I am from Watier's country... I love snow... I found a bottle with a few milliliters left in it. My mom wore this perfume for few years when it came out and I remember loving it. I don't know if it was the best one on my mom, but it sure is lovely. I'll have to try it on myself.

Neiges is an extremely heavy floral to me, fitting for the cooler months, as I think it would be far too heavy for warm weather. I smell an onslaught of magnolia and musk from beginning to end. The first blast is a creamy heavy magnolia, and the musk quickly moves in and hangs around. It is the sort of musk that has a similarity to hair spray. I don't smell any of the other florals that are supposed to be in here. Every so often, I detect a very subtle spicy incense note which comes through in the middle phase but doesn't last. If this note were any heavier, this fragrance would be overwhelming. As it is, I find this fragrance too heavy and too potent, to enjoy wearing. Overall, just too much magnolia and too much musk. This is verging on suffocating so it's a dislike for me.

Irisversicolore
Irisversicolore

Neiges has been formulated by a woman who created her own beauty company years ago, in Canada.
IMO it's the only reason for the name (means Snow).
Living in Québec, I can tell northern countries habitants tend to associate winter with spicy, vanilla or musky perfumes, where as Neiges is a flower bouquet, definitively a spring scent.
Too much on the lily-of-the-valley side for me, but it's very easy going, whatever your age or country.

Nancy123
Nancy123

I used to love Neiges when I was 18. I received this as a present last year, I like it but not loving. Very comforting scent in the winter.

Lushylori
Lushylori

MMmmmm..Just picked this scent out of hundreds to choose from.
Such a beautiful scent. Its very comforting and cozy.
It would work best for Winter time.
This is not a scent I would typically choose, but oh my, I just totally fell in love.
Loved this instantly :)
Its definitely for someone with a more mature scent taste.
I don't think a younger lady would appreciate this as much as a more mature lady but you never know.
Go try this!! Seriously!

Berlynn
Berlynn

mmm I love this fragrance! No other scent so subtly takes me to cold winter days curled up in a warm sweater by the window and watching the snow fall. My Mother used to own this one when it first came out and I think I may have used most of the bottle on her! I'm definitely on the search for a bottle of this for my own collection!

rosembloom

I was going to review Neiges Frissons but did not find it in the database... to add! :)

funkyowls
funkyowls

Reminds me of Christmas Eve!! I'd say it's a lovely scent for all occasions and times of the year, definitely for people over 18 who are over wearing hoodies and sweatpants. It's very calming :3.

almarie
almarie

I smelled this at a Shoppers Drug Mart and also a Sears while shopping in Toronto, and I just loved this perfume! I wish I had bought it, because on eBay it's too much. I adore the musk notes and the florals are not over the top. I love lily-of-the-valley, and it's done so nicely in this perfume.

cleo777

Update! I finally did get the EDT and lotion. Love! I understand the snow analogy, if snow could have a pretty scent, this would be it. White flowers and freshness, not laundry soap at all IMO. A little like JLo's Glow, that's a good thing. For me, this is absolutely a winter scent. It is comforting and feminine--

wingz85
wingz85

I just LOVE this perfume. I found it when I was in highschool and I still love it today. To me, it smells clean, sharp and a little bit woody on paper but after I spray it onto myself, it mellows down and all the white flower goodness comes out. IF I can describe myself in a bottle, its this. Too bad they only sell it in Canada. I have to get someone to buy it for me...

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

Shmoflakes

I tested this over the weekend. I actually liked it. You might say that I sound surprised. Well, I am. The fragrance was for sale in a hotel gift shop--a relatively high end place (Biltmore Inn, Asheville, NC) that would probably sell Creed if they could. I imagine the typical shopper for this place is a woman in her 50s and/or 60s who has a fair amount of money to spend. I was expecting something that would be boring, conservative, and safe. I was wrong. Neiges is unique. I don't think I've ever smelled anything like it.

Sweet in a very fresh way, Neiges is a fluffy and fizzy floral. At the beginning, I catch a little bit of the orange blossom, but that fades away, and the white musk and other flowers take over. The rose enriches and sweetens what would otherwise be just another screaming white floral, thus running the risk of smelling sour.

I have to say that I don't really get the whole snowflake thing. Yes, I could describe the smell as fluffy and cooling, but that's as close as Neiges gets to the feeling of snow in my book. To me, Neiges smells like a perfect late spring/early summer fragrance. I didn't even notice the snowflakes until I looked up the fragrance after testing it. I skimmed right past it, too, because of the snowflakes.

In the end, I enjoyed the fragrance. It was different and fun. As others have mentioned, the longevity wasn't there. But, with all the layering products Lise Watier sells in this line, you can definitely get the scent to last longer.

trenchlove1
trenchlove1

Right when I smelled this I couldn't stand it!
It sticks right in your nose n kinda smells like laundry detergent...
I think it might be too mature for me right now but i hate perfumes with to much floral..
Maybe ill try it again in the future

jedikitty
jedikitty

I have recently scored the "gift box" of Neige EDT and Body Veil (lotion).
At first, it was "holy crap, this is like a strong laundry detergent...", but now, I adore it.
It must be the hyacinth note. I love hyacinth flowers as they so remind me of those very few "good ol' days" of my childhood. Our garden was enchanting in the spring, with many, many fine flower specimens planted by my grandma. But the one that always stood out was the purple hyacinth.

I also detect a wisp of magnolia and the woods. Also, despite of it not being listed, I'd say there is an aldehyde note in there as well. Because of that, Neiges does remind me a bit of Miss Dior (the version made back in around 1980, or so).
The rest of the composition is blended so well that I cannot detect any other single notes; they sing in unison.

To me, Neiges smells very comforting, and I have been wearing it every day for the past month, and I am not sick of it at all. The Body Veil lotion is also fantastic.

Neiges' top, middle, and drydown seems pretty similar, with the drydown just being a "memory" of the other two as it fades away. Sadly, it fades away rather fast; its lasting power on me is 1 to 1.5 hours, tops.
Would I buy it again? Yes.

rosembloom

Allasouli matiamou... there is no age for a fragrance. In my opinion, either it suits your chemistry and personality or it does'nt... I wore it at your age and still love it now! Go for it! Shall write review on this beauty!!!

I once had the body spray, it was in a white bottle with a silver cap. Loved it! I used it in the winter time and it was so fresh and flowery.

cleo777

I have my eye on this one! I want it sooooo bad!!! The bottle is even gorgeous with the pretty snowflakes. AW!

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I love cool fresh florals and this one was no exception. However, on my skin this frag has zero staying power so I never bought it again.

Jellybean
Jellybean

this scent reminds me of snow; cool, fresh and powdery. it has that vintage appeal as well.

alassouli
alassouli

Is it normal to own this perfume and love it at the age of 24 ??? I have seen reviews where ppl are telling that this scent is for 40+ or older ladies. I donno if it is normal to love this perfume at my age ... Snow and winter are my fav weather of the year and this perfume gives such a nice feeling of winter all year long LOL.

[OCT/27/2011]

buffy_fan16
buffy_fan16

Reminds me of just stepping out of the shower. So fresh and clean smelling. I kind of reminds me of if flowers were to grow in the snow. Lol. Guess that's what they were going for by the name though.

i just got this and its so sparkly and crisp. icy flowers, especially the hiacynth. it has snowflakes on the bottle and it does remind me of snow. i love aldehydes, it makes perfume seem so bubbly. this made my day. i will be wearing this in all seasons. perfect.

bbdgirl
bbdgirl

This has such a distinctive scent that I love. And it is long lasting, musky deep yet not overly mature and heavy. It seems ageless to me and a little goes a long way. And it is always nice when a cute guy tells me that I smell nice.

Amyrosie
Amyrosie

I love Lise Watier's perfumes! They all smell so good :)

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

Sparkly, crystal, and effervescent, Neiges reminds me of a delicate snowflake. This illusion is created by the tender and fresh floral bouquet floating on the snowy-white wings of the gentle aldehydes. The composition appears to defy the gravity. It is soft, light and beautiful.

The composition starts with the fresh and crisp notes of hyacinth, lily of the valley, magnolia and orange blossom. The soft, gentle and slightly soapy aldehydes appear next. The contrast of soft floral and crispy fresh is lovely. It’s like a breeze of the fresh air on a winter day. The scent remains light, airy and soapy floral in the heart notes with the dominance of jasmine and magnolia. The dry down is chic and slightly soapy musk.

This lovely perfume has decent sillage and longevity. I definitely recommend it if you enjoy tender floral bouquets with light and slightly soapy aldehydes.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

The very first time I smelt this back in December '08, I recall thinking that it really did seem to smell as snow would in a bottle. Now, as I smell it, I can detect more detailed notes in this predominately white floral perfume, with the most prominent one being hyacinth, and then rose, lily-of-the-valley, and musk. I smell other notes in there as well, just not as prominent as the rest. So light, sparkling even. Everytime I smell this, even from the bottle, I am reminded of the first beautiful snowfall. And being Canadian, it's even given me a new appreciation for the many snowfalls we tend to have. :-)

aquairis
aquairis

I had the tester at first and decided to buy this perfume for myself. I absolutely love it! To me, the hyacinth is the strongest note, it's so nice and even feel like narcissus, I love it. It can last for quite a long time and it leaves a very gentle sandalwood smell in the end. It feels both warm and fresh, best for winter but can also do in other seasons.

louyse
louyse

This perfume is also available as "eau legere". Not as strong as the orginal which makes it better for younger women.

Tala
Tala

Perfect musk. Being Canadian I own this perfume and absolutely love it. It is one of a kind. It exudes confidence and it is really warm and cozy. It is not sweet and candy like; it is not spicy and heavy; it's just Neige...very beautiful and round perfume. Just like the bottle. As pure as snow and as round as the bottle. I absolutely wear this to my kids hockey practices and going out shopping. Absolutely wonderful.

guest_ash
guest_ash

Neiges is one of the best perfumes for any women, girl/teenager to use.. it's so feminine.. not strong at all. It leaves a beautiful sensation

Cari888
Cari888

To me and on me it seems the magnolia and musk are the strongest notes. It almost seems like the scent of tuberoses. Neiges creates a sparkling and a floral warmth during the cold winter months.

Neiges by Lise Watier 3.54 out of 5 based on 123 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lise Watier Neiges fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lise Watier Neiges, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Neiges by Lise Watier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Neiges by Lise Watier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.