Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Bora Bora Liz Claiborne for women
dislike

tuberose
Bora Bora Liz Claiborne for women Videos

Bora Bora is a tropical escape of a fragrance that envelops you in its luscious warmth and immerses you into the atmosphere of a romantic getaway for two. Bora Bora is a sensuous, flirty fragrance with a beautiful floral heart, ideal for nights on the town and other nights to remember. Bora Bora was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Polge.

iris Mandarin Orange Water Lily

Tuberose Orange Blossom Orchid Jasmine

Ginger Sandalwood

Bora Bora Fragrance Reviews

leia.marple
leia.marple

As some above have stated, this seems more tropical or exotic, but not so much "beachy." Baybe it would be if it had a touch of coconut :-)

Denoula
Denoula

I love tuberose but dislike water lily, so applied this with some misgivings. It turns out to be rather nice. The water lily balances the tuberose and stops it from being quite as heady as it can be in other perfumes, while the tuberose somehow mutes whatever it is about aquatic notes that disagrees with me.
I'd guess it would be good on the hot summer days and nights mentioned by other reviewers. Also suitable for work.
It reminds me of Tommy Bahama.

gwmagic77
gwmagic77

Got this as a gift with a perfume purchase

Not my style..too strong and got sick from it

odie
odie

Exotic and feminine is how I describe Bora Bora. Sweet but not overpowering...I appreciate this scent for it adaptability to day and night. Well composed perfume

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

definately floral. my husband said he smelled pear and it does have a kind of pear juicy vibe to it. i think this is a tropical scent as well. i think a good summertime fragrance. i think it also smells tropical, but wearable. i think though you should only wear it at the beach in summer. otherwise you will be very much out of place. its not too sweet which is nice. i imagine a woman in a flowing transparent coverup over a viberant bathing suit walking on the beach. i think this is better than the tommy bahama fragrance if you are looking for a tropical scent. i think it may be a little too floral for me personally but if someone walked by wearing it i would like it.

I got a mini of this because I wasn't quite sure how I was going to feel about it. I figured I'd take a $5 risk and give it a shot.
Bora Bora opens with fleshy, somewhat aquatic floral notes and a very earthy iris. I also detect some orange blossom, but no ginger. Tuberose is on the sweet side and I detect no indole.
This is a summer fragrance, but in my opinion best suited to cooler summer evenings. This fragrance DOES NOT do well in combination with sweat. This may be the wet dog smell some people have mentioned.

mhubbard
mhubbard

Artificial and perfumy smell of flowers, nothing unusual about it, smells cheap and generic. Neither clean and classy for the office nor sexy for the evening. Should be renamed Boring, Boring. Unfortunately Liz Claiborne fragrances have taken an enormous dive; all the scents are now very mass-marketed, cheap smelling, non-lasting and poor value although inexpensive..

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

Too sweet, and it does that wet-dog thing that aquatics do on me. Tropical in a bad way. I really don't think this is going to get any wear from me. And I certainly don't think it smells anything like J'adore!

satinandlace
satinandlace

Too sweet for my taste. Florals just smell... oh idk... fake? Don't know how else to describe them. I love florals. Maybe the wrong combo of them. Reminds me of a cheap fruit body spray that you would keep in a gym bag next to your dirty socks. Not complex at all. It's as if they threw in one ingredient and it overpowers everything else.

Bora Bora..oh my.. This brings back some smelly memories. This one is weird. The name describes this scent perfectly, exotic in an island way. ..This is what I would imagine a hula dancer smelling like... It smells good, but very cheap smelling ..the drydown after a few hours is just sickening, actually.. My sister used to wear this and it didn't work with her body chemistry at all! It made me sick, really... But I think on the right person this could be good if you're just looking for a cheap fragrance for at the beach or to the tanning bed... Only spray a little of this, as it can be cloying and yes, it can end up STINKING.

Kyi
Kyi

I just received this perfume today, which was a blind buy. I bought it because I read that it resembles J'adore to some people and it was a more affordable alternative. After testing it, I have to say it DOES resemble J'adore, but more on the dry off. But if not comparing it to J'adore, I would say it has a very pleasant, flowery, sweet scent that is neither too young or too mature. It is slightly tropical, but I don't find it too fruity or watery smelling. I like it very much, a very good and affordable buy for me, esp if you like J'adore. I think the bottle is a little tacky and I hate the top, but that I can get over.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

For me, the perfect summer fragrance. Although since I live on an tropical Island I can pull this off almost all year long! (++++) :) It's such a clean and soft smell, a tad spicy. I like it! The staying power is pretty decent too. +++: Pretty affordable!

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This perfume is good IF you know how to wear it. If you put on too much it is overbearing and can smell a little "dated" Its very strong. If you use a little bit in the right places then its very tropical and exotic and most people wont be able to guess its Bora Bora. I like it because i dont have anything else that smells like it. It does make me think of exotic flowers, but if you wear too much you will give people headaches. Its worth buying at a discount.

Tiktak
Tiktak

I just purchased this even though it has been out for a while. Many have told me to steer clear of it, but I LOVE IT. It makes me picture Southern Ladies sipping iced tea on the front porch in cotton dresses on a hot summer day many years ago. And the compliments just roll in.

tttan518
tttan518

I am still a fan. I purchased a bottle @ a flea market in LA last November. I am almost out.

Bebette
Bebette

I bought it strictly for the fact that there is NO vanilla and I was super excited to see what it yields!
The more I wear it the more I loveit! Very tropical yet much more sophisticated than I originally thought it would be and you certainly don't have to limit it to a beach scent. Also, the men LOVE it!!! I must have been asked 5 times at work what I was wearing and when I told they were all shocked, some exclaiming they were familiar with it but on me "it smelled sooo delicious!" Yay!!! As for people saying it's old fashioned, on me it couldn't be farther from it. If anything I'd imagine the Fountain of Youth to smell something like this, very refreshing, crisp, and clean!

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Picked up a mini of this to try it, I wanted a summery, tropical scent. Yuck. Smells super-artificial to my nose. Returned it, sorry but not a fan.

Fragaria

Seems reviews here agree that this is a summer scent. I found this tropical enough, just TOO tropical and it was very agressive...in my face! I used it this winter hoping, like many heavy scents, it would soften this a bit, and it did. The cooler air brings out the iris in this MUCH more than the cloying tuberose I got in the summer. This doesn't SMELL like Prada's Infusion d'Iris but it has that exact iris smell IN it. This scent, for me, is winter all the way. I've gotten many compliments on this scent this winter. It's not even the same scent I get during the summer. For this, if you find it too strong and cloying in the heat, by all means, try cold crispy air! don't give up on this because it is fresh fresh fresh and OH so lovely! This may be a new classification...Winter fresh tropical aquatic!

jenka135
jenka135

My college roommate wore this, and I always got a headache when she sprayed it. It has a very old-fashioned perfume scent, very heavy on alcohol, musk and flowers. Not a fan.

Kelslix
Kelslix

I get many compliments when I wear this one. It's a pretty perfume for a great price. I like it and when my friends try mine, they go get it for themselves. The staying power is very good.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

This gave me an instant headache and I had to wash it off. So I sent it to my Aunt who likes sweeter fragrances. (Yes I always send the ones I dont like to people who I know will like it *and* live FAR away. lol Is that terrible????)

Sassy1
Sassy1

Very similar to Tommy Bahama but with more of a "perfumey" smell (don't know how else to put it) and a little less sweet.
I guess it's that dry catch in the back of your throat kind of thing that makes a scent a perfume rather than an air freshener.
I would associate it with less expensive/lesser quality ingredient offerings.

So, it's not great but at least I don't get plastic doll skin which is a nice change!

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

This was a blind buy for me. I was pleasantly surprised at it's longevity (not overpowering). It's great for summer, particularly when the weather is humid. Coconut really stands out with this one and it's a rather tropical scent. Great value for money if you like sweet (but not sickly), slightly musky perfumes...

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

It's too sweet and in your face, and when it finally calms down it just smells like cheap soap and grass. I can't stand it.

Wowee! I am so impressed with this perfume. I was a little scared it would be crap. But I read all the reviews and I'm glad I listened.

The bottle is a huge, bamboo-shaped, opalescent monstrocity, in a kitchy sort of way.

I am glad that someone compared this to J-Lo's Miami Glow. Bora Bora is less fruity than Miami Glow. The tropical florals really stand out--but not in a passionflower fruity sort of way. More like a ginger-flower and pikaki sort of way. I also detect something green and woody, like bamboo or maybe even a touch of sugarcane.

As soon as you spray it on, it's magnificently sweet without being too young. When it wears down, the fruity freshness steps aside to make way for the heavenly florals. What I love about this scent is that it manages to smell sweet without having any trace of vanilla in it.

The staying power is wonderful--much longer lasting than Miami Glow. This was a smart "cheap" pick.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Smells more tropical than Jlo's miami and sunkissed glow's. It is very sweet and very tropical and lasts a loooooonnnnngggggg time! Not a favorite but because of it's lasting power I stocked up I love a lasting fragrance!

Sissi
Sissi

It opens with a sweetness that consists of sweet mandarin and water lily it surprises me that Bora Bora and Alfred Sung Shi both
have a cloying to the skin style and opens
sweet and watery but shi is more woodsy and deeper in Incense more superior staying power then Bora, bora dries to a honey like scent of tuberoses that dominates this perfume completely overshadows the other notes orchid is an
elusive to the senses hard to find but it's in there. ginger faint traces of it
barely noticible is there any sandalwood in this thats hard to tell
unless you have an scent of an Canine
but to my senses no dice.

nyoka
nyoka

I love this.SWeet,but not sicky sweet.On me,theres a pronounced hibiscus smell,Bamboo which i love,topped off with ginger.It makes one want to go ahhhhh when u smell it.Makes Others want to nuzzle u.Would b beautiful any time of year but,smells most like spring.fresh,ck=lean,yet u no its there,sweet and yummy.Smells better than JAdore to me and lasts longer.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I found that Bora Bora really does smell like Bora Bora. It's very tropical and floral and sweet. It's almost a sticky sweet but I still like it very much. The best part is that it's not high priced so it can be a fun summer treat. I don't think it would smell right in the winter.

Fragaria

I bought this one after reading a review that it was better than Bora Bora Exotic (BBE). BBE is my favorite so far of all my perfumes, it's perfection to my nose. This one is tropical, but that's it. This is a lovely perfume, very summery, just no beachy feel to it. Perfect for a tropical vacation to Bora Bora if there wasn't water surrounding it!

Venom
Venom

This is a perfect smell, its great for summer nights.Very nice on the nose and not well known with many. Great compliments to be had and has that certain quality that makes you stand out. I recvd a small sample and bought right away online for very cheap.

mwater1
mwater1

Bora Bora is tropical and sweet while being clean and fresh with a hint of spice in the drydown. I like this fragrance. I believe this is going to be a a great summer fragrance for me this year. I love fragrances with water lily andd this is no exception. I rate it 8 out of 10.

melissa
melissa

I wore this for a couple of years and then had trouble finding it in stores. I found it at TJMaxx for 9.99 and could not resist. I love the tropical notes and the soft smell.

exciter76
exciter76

I completely agree with Chatnoir. This is a slightly sweeter, subtly more tropical, and possibly simpler version of J'adore. I would even go so far as to nickname this one "J'adore Summer (On A Budget)". It is great for the summer months that have arrived and for the financial crises that have befallen most of us.

Though the price would suggest a cheaply scented creation it is far from smelling cheap. It is just about as lovely as J'adore with half of its punch, which is, again, perfect for summer. The staying power is comparable to J'adore too.

All this comparison to J'adore would suggest that this fragrance is not original. It isn't. However, for those of you out there who are head over heels in love with J'adore but simply do not have the money to snag a bottle of your own this is a comparable substitute. If you shop around you can even pick up a bottle for around ten dollars.

ariadna
ariadna

I love Bora Bora because it's stay's with me all day long with just one splash.The scent is very feminine and soft.

numbr9
numbr9

perfect for a hot summer day when you don't want to wear citrus or green scents. i love this!

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

I really like it- a sweet, fruity floral as was the vogue in the late 90's, early 2000's. In a way, it smells like a sweeter, slighter version of Dior's "J'Adore". It just doesn't last on me, though.

tangledvines
tangledvines

Very pretty flowery scent. It certainly does smell of tropical flowers.

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

Nice light floral, def. for warm days or nights.

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

This is a great choice of perfume for a hot summer night! I like how it is a tropical floral. The scent is quite strong, but lasts for a long time and can still be worn in hot, humid weather. It's a bit exotic and very feminine.

Bora Bora by Liz Claiborne 3.23 out of 5 based on 174 ratings and 40 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Bora Bora fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Bora Bora, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bora Bora by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bora Bora by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.