Designers » L » Aromatic « Groups

dislike

leather
tropical
Bora Bora for Men Liz Claiborne for men Videos

Bora Bora for Men by Liz Claiborne is a aromatic fragrance for men. Bora Bora for Men was launched in 2002. The noses behind this fragrance are Pascal Gaurin and Olivier Polge. Top notes are kiwi, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are lavender and hibiscus; base notes are leather, musk and cedar.

Kiwi Bergamot Lemon

streetmachine
streetmachine

Boring-Boring from Claiborne
15.00 at Ross
Glovebox scent for sweaty days
Not for a date
Has no originality

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

completely synthetic but wait a few minutes after you sprayed it on and you will find it fresh, joyfull and nice for casual wearing (if you're in your 20s or younger - which i'm not)...it's not pretentious it's just what it is...a nice fresh kiwi scent for the young ones !
(but i gave it to my son)

batty
batty

So what I like about this cologne is the tangy kiwi, soapy floral combo. It has good balance, and the musk is clean, also the leather is done right. It seems to work in cold weather too. Definitely a unique cologne, and good change of pace. Considering price, I think quality is high. Sillage is good and longetivity is also for this kind of scent. 2 or 3 sprays is good for like 6 to 8 hours on me.

jdfarley
jdfarley

A very good and underrated fragrance from Liz Claiborne. Perhaps this designer's longest-lasting cologne, since it easily lasts the whole day on me. Lots of citrus and tropical fruits in the top notes while maintaining its masculinity. Soapy and clean in the middle notes, while woods, light musk, and leather round out the base notes. I've got lots of compliments while wearing this scent. A little bit goes a long way (as this is a sillage monster), so I recommend three sprays maximum. This is a cheapy but goodie that I'm happy to keep in my collection.

Layzie
Layzie

Bora Bora is a pedestrian but pleasant fruity fragrance. It makes me feel nice and clean. There is a sweetness to it that comes from the kiwi, but it's blended with the citrus notes. It opens with a fresh burst, then becomes sweet and piquant. When it settles, it's a soft, enjoyable perfume that the majority of female sales associates like to recommend to me. Although I like sweet and fruity scents, this one doesn't do it for me.

hsuru4u
hsuru4u

very clean and soapy and good silage and longevity. Soft yet uplifting...better then mambo if you are deciding on either...since they both seem to be at discount stores together

kazewayz
kazewayz

My favorite from the Liz Claiborne line. This is aromatic, fresh, green, floral, sweet. It's great for summer time. Got me compliments when I use to wear it. Try it.

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

There is only one thing that pop's up. Erotica...
Well, maybe other things too as a direct consequence. But I imagine that's perfectly allowed in Bora Bora. Now buy a bottle plus a flight ticket and prepare for total bliss.

figment79
figment79

i'm not the biggest fan of this, but whenever i wear it, i get compliments, so it must smell great to everyone around me.

guillermostf
guillermostf

smell really good on blotter, not so good on my skin. last is poor. In blotter paper reminds me to any sport colognes for men.

misterjohn
misterjohn

CHEAP AND CHEERFUL

A common business niche strategy is to be "cheap and cheerful." The idea is to offer a reasonable level of amenities at an exceptionally low price. The problem is that often the amenities are so low, especially for experience goods, that even at a cheap price the product does not deliver much in the way of value. In my opinion many Dana products fall into this category. They're extremely inexpensive but the quality is so bad that the tradeoff is not worth it. In my view, Bora Bora is cheap and cheerful done right. The price point is really low--I got a 3.3oz bottle for around $13 at Marshalls. I've seen similar prices online. Unlike the Dana products, the quality delivered is really quite good. While this is definitely not a love scent, it falls squarely in the like category.

The mystery is Liz Claiborne's strategy in terms of their products. As others have noted, Bora Bora smells similar to Curve, Claiborne's flagship line. If anything, I think Bora Bora is more interesting and better than Curve. Yet Curve products sell at a higher price point--the low to mid 20s for a 3.3oz bottle. Viewed in that light, I think the value is really exceptional. If you like Curve, you'll love Bora Bora and the extra money in your pocket.

On to the details of the fragrance itself:

If I were to describe the Bora Bora "experience" in one word, that would be it. Bora Bora is a pleasant fragrance. The opening, the middle, and the ending are all pleasant. They're not spectacular or likely to evoke strong positive or negative feelings, just safe and pleasant.

The opening consists of citrus, but tamed by kiwi and lavender. It's not a sharp acidic opening, rather it is mild, somewhat refreshing and, most of all, pleasant. In the middle, the citrus fades off, leaving a kind of soapy feeling with the florals and the ever-present kiwi. The drydown is mainly cedar with a touch of musk to give it a little more gravitas. Again, it too is pleasant.

There's nothing to rave about here: No sublime accords with unexpected combinations of scents. No unexpected or jarring transitions. No annoyance from over or underpowered scent. Everything is nice and safe.

This is not to say that this is a bad thing. Bora Bora is well crafted and comfy, like a fuzzy pair of slippers. Sometimes comfort is all anyone wants. Some mornings I get up and am happy to be surrounded with warm, safe, comfortable scents. I don't want or need to always be challenged or distracted by complex accords or transitions. Bora Bora is perfect for those days.

In terms of value for money, Bora Bora delivers. I got a 100ml bottle for just $15. Now, if this were all I had in my wardrobe, it wouldn't be enough, but there is a time and a place for all things, including pleasant, inexpensive fragrances that epitomize relaxation and comfort.

Some comparisons at a similar price point are useful. Nautica Blue can be had at this price, but it is a vastly worse scent-sharp at the opening and non-existent in the drydown. Curve and Curve Soul can also be had for this price, but I think Bora Bora is more interesting and nicer in the drydown. Of course, there are many others as well. My point is that, so long as you have the right expectations, Bora Bora offers a good, solid likable scent for not much money.

Recommendation: If you're looking for a "fuzzy slippers" type of fragrance and don't want to spend a lot, it's an excellent blind buy.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Interesting, sweet, Safe, pleasant, Fruity, Almost Feminine.
I smelled this on a Co-Worker, and i thought it was Curve, which smells almost damn near Exactly the same,(side by side Wrist sniffs) but Curve is a bit more "oily" like and a tiny bit more masculine. Curve dries down a bit mustier while Bora Bora dries more soft Lemony. Kiwi Hibiscus are clear the whole time, very Summer, we have lots of Red Hibiscus growing around here.
It's a nice sweet, clean guy smell, without smelling Ozonic or Marine. Mixes very well with my own body smells and doesn't detract from it. Surprisingly good Longevity even after sweating in it for a while.
Safe for all ages and Seasons.
The 12 hour dry down is this faint soft sweet, creamy Vanilla, much like Curve original.... just... more Feminine.
Now that i think of it, it reminds me of the YSL L'Homme in it's Lemony bright Freshness.

deadenglish
deadenglish

I dont understand how anyone could NOT like this one. less that 20 bucks at marshalls, last 4 to 8 hours (on me), and smells good. so far my one of my favorites from claiborne.

svillatoro
svillatoro

Definteley Liz Claiborne is the best choice for low priced fragrances, great variety, nice colognes, sillage and longevity. I've received more compliments when I wear LC than Cartier, RL, CK, Davidoff, DG, just to mention a few.

I have never been to Bora Bora but I lived with someone who had EVERY BB ancillary product imaginable, and when I saw this I thought: Isn't that a WOMAN'S fragrance? Well the first time I smelled it after he came out of the shower I imagined a tanned native wearing a sarong and lei barefoot at the shore of a lagoon as the sun set to firey clouds and crashing waves...

The fresh citruses are not pungent or biting because the kiwi gives it just enough of a tropical feel without smelling like a cocnut drink with an umbrella in it. The dry lavender is masculine as it blends with the warm full scent of hibiscus and sandalwood. The musky cedar basenotes are wrapped in a light leather/skin musk yet it is still fresh and clean without being an "aquatic" clone.

Sillage: average to above
Longevity: 3-4 hrs (juice alone)
Overall:4.5/5

This is a special scent in that it is named for a tropical island and is not a sweet syrupy, over the top fruity floral, masculine and fresh with just enough floral. Well balanced...it is not what some with more experience would call anything special but for me it is something relaxing and lovely-like Bora Bora itself.

Venom
Venom

This is a perfect smell, its great for summer nights.Very nice on the nose and not well known with many. Great compliments to be had and has that certain quality that makes you stand out. I recvd a small sample and bought right away online for very cheap.

familytree
familytree

It smells like any typical cologne- nothing really special but it's not bad either. It has a light yet masculine smell.

andy
andy

ok scent nothing special kinda low quality scent u get what you pay for

vdxl
vdxl

I perceive it as smelling like an old style cologne. No development, no tropical notes except maybe the very sour lime. I thought it would be in the lines of Escada. I cannot associate this scent with Bora Bora.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This is an original scent!
I have lots of colognes in my personal collection, but Bora Bora is totally different from the others. It is fresh and cool - maybe because of the Kiwi notes that are so original in this composition – and, at the same time, its base is dry, which makes this scent masculine and sexy.

This fragrance has kiwi, lemon and bergamot in the output, going to a floral heart of lavender and hibiscus, which make the fruity tone going down, incorporating a delicious shade of lavender and, in its base, cedar, musk and rasp leather notes that permeate throughout the evolution and bring out one of the most profitable aromas in terms of female compliments.

Lasts and projects very well and is not common, which makes it even more special for those who flee from popular colognes.

Bora Bora for Men by Liz Claiborne 3.62 out of 5 based on 99 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Bora Bora for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Bora Bora for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bora Bora for Men by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bora Bora for Men by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.