Designers » L » Aromatic Green « Groups

Claiborne Sport Liz Claiborne for men

Claiborne Sport Liz Claiborne for men
dislike

Claiborne Sport by Liz Claiborne is a Aromatic Green fragrance for men. Claiborne Sport was launched in 1997. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Delville. Top notes are lavender and tomato leaf; middle notes are cyclamen, coriander, ginger, woodsy notes, sage and cardamom; base notes are amber, musk and cedar.

Lavender Tomato Leaf

Cyclamen Coriander Ginger Woodsy Notes Sage Cardamom

Amber Musk Cedar

Curve for Men
Lucky You

Claiborne Sport Fragrance Reviews

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

Great cologne and very similar to my old high school fave curve. Nice clean and sporty! good work cologne as well.

jdfarley
jdfarley

Not bad. A perfect fragrance for those times when you just want a nice, basic cologne for everyday use. Is it groundbreaking? Of course not, but there's something to be said about simple, clean-smelling fragrances. Well worth its cheap price.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Smells very, very similar to CK's Eternity for Men mixed with Fahrenheit.

Coumarin is listed in the ingredients, and the lavender note is pretty dominant throughout the lifespan of the fragrance, which is an admirable five to eight hours. I also smell a slight blackcurrant note in the heart, tangy, metallic, a bit purpley-fruity, adding just enough depth and shade to the scent profile. Parallel to that is a green hawthorn note, which creates a soft, leathery sweetness, very hay-green in its ambiance. A bit hard to describe. This fragrance conjures associations with Creed Green Valley, Adidas Sport Field, Eternity, Fahrenheit, Aqua Quorum (mainly in how the Calone is handled), and Silver Mountain Water. Claiborne Sport is definitely a fresh fougere, and it's a good one, even if it is mish-mash derivative. Still, it smells good, and much more natural than it needs to be. Well worth the $13 I paid for 3.4 ounces, as I got more than I paid for.

sflores777
sflores777

Had this in high school . I liked it back then but i remeber it wouldnt last more than 2 hours. Fresh out of the shower scent maybe its good to go to sleep with.

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

i had it back in high school and hated it , used to give me headaches ,,, cheap crap is what it is imo

I have an older bottle. This is not really "green," but rather smells like wine, most likely due to the amber and spices, which simulate a "dark" fruity quality, as well as the tomato leaf. This is rather dry and just a little sweet. It's reasonably natural smelling and it has a mild woody "backbone." Overall, this is rather interesting, and not that far from a niche idea. Over time it gets a little powdery, presumably from the amber. There's nothing "bad" about this and I hope I can get to like it but right now I can't say I find it compelling, which I think is due to a lack of much dynamism.

fonso92
fonso92

I was given a bottle of this as a young kid, about 8-9. I did not know a thing about cologne, thought it was on the strong side but then it grew on me as I got older. Now when I look back as an older young man I realize it was a pretty great scent. Very fresh, clean scent. It lasts a long time too!

Odiee99
Odiee99

I see how people like this one. It's very sporty and refreshing. Perfect for a hot day or for the gym. Very green scent. There is something in this that really turns me my stomach though. Maybe it is the tomato leaf. It smells like cat whizz. I get the appeal, it's just not for me.

j-shades
j-shades

This smells lk curve for men, a&f fierce and lucky all mixed together... but does not last that long maybe 4 hours on me.. got mine at tj maxx 3.4oz for 12.99

Senzadite
Senzadite

Amazing...for the price is a real bargain. Very fresh with a nice musk undertone, the comparisons between this and curve are correct, they smell alike if i had to pick one for longevity and projection it will be this.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

Dancinleroy is fairly accurate about Claiborne Sport being a better projecting, stronger update of Claiborne's incredibly successful Curve. The core and base are essentialy the same and both are trying to give the impression of a leafy, woodsy, grassy natural setting. The major differences in Claiborne Sport being the removal of the citric pineapple, lemon top of Curve for the tomato leaf and a bit more herbal flair. Also, Claiborne Sport contains a lighter, more floral presence in the middle with the cyclamen instead of the bergamot and violet in Curve that gives Curve an extra fresh, more natural smelling kick once the middle notes ascend on the more synthetic citrus elements.
Where Curve at least suggests at times a less synthetic core, Claiborne Sport comes off incredibly synthetic, less refined and somewhat out of balance. Despite this reality, Claiborne Sport still serves exceedingly well as a gym and work fragrance for someone not looking to invest a lot of money. A perfect everyday use cologne for a highschool or college student, projects better than Curve in some respects, but bare in mind Curve is better blended and the subtlty of Curve is part of its strong appeal.

lockdown
lockdown

This smells like this new Mont blanc legend

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

Really good, cheap fragrance. It's great for casual wear or gym time. To me, this smells exactly like a stronger version of "curve". I bought it at marshalls for $13 for a 3.4 oz. bottle. When I say it smells like curve I mean almost identical. The white musk is very prominant in both, but claiborne sport project better, and lasts longer on me. I'd recommend to anyone in high school or on a very limited budget.

shamus1
shamus1

It might not sound like I'm saying much when I tell you that Claiborne Sport was one of the best of the 90's sport fragrances, but trust me, this is a really good fragrance.

Sure, it's got the huge lavender/grey citrus/moss accord typical of 90s sport fragrances, but this one is a little different. What sets it apart is a strange oily smelling note floating along the periphery of the scent for its duration. I don't know what materials give it this smell, but it provides an interesting and VERY masculine leathery aura. Leather isn't listed as a note in Claiborne Sport, but it smells like light leather to me. You don't smell leather notes very often in sport frags, do you?

One of the best, and certainly most masculine smelling, of the mediocre sport fragrance genre.

MY RATING: 8/10

Rob in VanCity
Rob in VanCity

Average fragrance with a flowery smell to it. Perfect for a hot summer day....but nothing to write home about.

micah.mcgahee
micah.mcgahee

When I purchased Curve Chill, this came with it in a 1 oz. bottle. As soon as I put this on, I absolutely HATED it! The lavender and lemon is not pleasing at all to my nose and it even smells as if there is a note of wintergreen in there somewhere. It smelled cheap and I immediately went to wash it off my arm.
God bless!

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I have always like this fragrance. In fact, it is the only one from Claiborne that I adore. It is citrus, fresh, clean & full of life. Projection is moderate, longevity is roughly 4-5 hours on me, however this is not a problem due to the fact that this scent is so cheap. The shower gel, deodorant, aftershave, massage oil works wonders with the spray. I am thinking about picking this up again for next summer.

westend117
westend117

Just a classic in my book--refreshing and warm without being overpowering. Definately for warmer weather and outside life in general.

Dad jax
Dad jax

Well a quick honest opinion about it 'Best Scent In Such Cheap price"

A wonderful light scent that reminds one of gardens, springtime and the clean fresh scent left by a cool rain on new leaves...

This opens with a very fresh lavender augmented by tomato leaves (an extreme green pungent vegetal scent)and this always reminds me of working in my parents garden when I was growing up (we had at least 10-15 tomato plants each year) and has a rejuvenating effect on me. The heart becomes very soapy, no doubt due to the spices and herbs mixing with the subtle cyclamen. This has that 'sporty' feel to it but is more ethereal and transparent. A light cedar (more greens than wood)smooths the amber and musk together in a simple but strong finish. This makes me think of outside showers and fresh vegetation.

Sillage: close
Longevity: okay
Overall: 3.25/5

This is one of those scents that your nose quickly gets used to and though you may not notice it, others do and often compliment me on how 'nice and fresh' I smell. This is available at most discount sites with a 3 pc 100 ml gift set going for less than $30.00...

scentedkub
scentedkub

I had it years ago and I really liked it. I need to hunt down another bottle LOL!

9154mf
9154mf

I received a sample of this and thought it was for women so I put it all on. I hated, it. Then I looked here and realised it's for men. I would hate it on a man too. I can smell the tomato leaf bad - its crap, way too herbal, not sexy in the least.

andy

absolute best claiborne scent in the world way better than curve

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Super green and super refreshing! It's one of those "humble" fragrances that just so happens to smell really nice. You can get this one for very cheap at TJ Maxx and Marshall's.

andy

great scent very fresh and green and invigorating and well balanced while being affordable

wore the hell out of it and no matter how many sprays i used i always got compliments so this is a MUST HAVE

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

This has always been my fav guy scent! Sexy fresh out of the shower yum!! The middle notes really stand out in this one. Coriander and cedar stand out in this one. Delish!

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Refreshing, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of green notes, herbs, ginger, cedar and the aroma of a morning dew. It's a very fresh scent. It is subtle and not musky, very light and does not overpower you. Perfect to use on a daily basis in business setting. Recommended for office wear.

Claiborne Sport by Liz Claiborne 3.75 out of 5 based on 82 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Claiborne Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Claiborne Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Claiborne Sport by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Claiborne Sport by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.