Designers » L » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

Curve Appeal for Men Liz Claiborne for men
dislike

ozonic
marine
Curve Appeal for Men Liz Claiborne for men Pictures Curve Appeal for Men Liz Claiborne for men Pictures Curve Appeal for Men Liz Claiborne for men Pictures

Liz Claiborne launches two new fragrances of the Curve line in 2011 (one for men and one for women) under the name of Curve Appeal. Curve Appeal collection presents fresh, energetic and revitalizing fragrances.

Curve Appeal for Men is described as a masculine fragrance that exudes magnetism and sexappeal. Top notes invigorate with bergamot, mandarin, iced pear, watermelon and salty marine notes (calypsone). The heart is spicy and aromatic thanks to notes of cardamom, pepperwood and lavender. The base notes are amber, suede, musk and cedar.

The fragrances are available as 15 and 30 ml EDT.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Watermelon Sea water Pear

True Religion Men

Curve Appeal for Men Fragrance Reviews

headofstate
headofstate

Really enjoyable watermelon dominated scent with a nice touch of aromatics and fresh spices the first twenty minutes of wear, but quickly devolves into a rather bland oceanic musk and suede scent around the 30 minute mark that is common-place and uninspiring. Just can't get any performance with this, even after 5-6 liberal sprays in the summer months. This stuff vanishes on my skin in 2-3 hours and projection is extremely soft and gentle after the first ten minutes of application. Sure, if you like watermelon you will enjoy the top notes, the blending is nice and organic but it's gone quickly and despite great packaging and a smart marketing campaign, ultimately Curve Appeal doesn't stack up performance wise (longevity and projection) with its older stablemates in the Curve line. Very modern but a very weak performer.

jdfarley
jdfarley

Tested this one at Kohls today. Not bad actually considering the low price point. Young and fresh smelling summer watermelon cologne with decent longevity. Think strictly casual occasions for this one (i.e. running errands, going to the mall or the beach, etc). I actually prefer this one to KC Reaction (which is similar but more synthetic smelling). That being said, this fragrance is just OK. I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase at retail price, but I might snap it up in the bargain bin lol.

Shoota#1
Shoota#1

I blind bought this pleasant fragrance standing in line at TJ Maxx for under 10 bucks. Wow I like this curve. Summer is definitely right for this pleasant fragrance.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This smells just as lovely, fresh and sexy as KC Reaction because it is a carbon copy of that wonderful scent. Not a bad thing since it is cheaper.

Guinea54

People will hate on this because it is a curve flanker.. but for the price, it is a pretty decent smelling fragrance.. once the synthetic opening calms down after 10 seconds or so.. it smells nicely blended.. this reminds me of an aquatic version of unforgivable. It has the same watermelon vibe that unforgiveable has.. sort of.. a floralish watermelon as opposed to a candy or fruity watermelon. Its a very smooth and light scent.. part fruity, part floral, part aquatic and oceanic. Overall for the price its a nice one. smell it with an open mind.

CologneCollector26
CologneCollector26

I did not like this Curve.It is not manly enough for me.I tried but it is way too sweet for me.Women love sweet but I wear cologne for myself first.The original Curve set the mark of all the Curve line and none have come close to the original Curve as that break thru cologne.I still wear the original to work and the ladies go crazy over it!!!!!!!

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

I would go for this on a man. I really am diggin the watermelon. I prefer this to the women's version. It smells aquatic with a sweet aftertaste. The cedar thrown in this makes it masculine, however I wonder if I could throw something into this to neutralize?

Guinea54

I paid five bucks and got a 2.5 oz and shaving balm lol. Its okay. It reminds me a lot of Sean John unforgiveable. It has that same kind of melon vibe with a little more freshness like ADG. so maybe a combo of little bit of ADG and a little bit of unforgiveable. The scent itself isn't bad, But its very light. Doesn't seem like its going to last too long.

Nick M
Nick M

Bought this blind and super cheap for my young nephew but stole a few sprays for myself first. It's very light and watery; not overly sweet like the original.

You definitely need multiple sprays, on your skin and clothing for it to be noticable. When it does get going however, it gives off a nice AdG Essenza vibe, which is really saying something. Considering the price and casual nature, it's hard to beat.

dutchschwag
dutchschwag

One of the better watermelon fragrances on the market, curve appeal is a no nonsense summer aquatic with aromatic elements perfectly suited for warm to hot days. This is nothing like cool water or acqua di gio, its DNA is far more rooted in Kenneth cole's highly successful reaction for men and the plethora of watermelon top summer releases that have since made their way to department store shelves since the late 2000s. Incredibly inoffensive and smartly conceived and executed for the masses, curve appeal starts extremely fruity and youthful, maintaining a nice blend of watermelon, pear and salty ocean water that dominates well into the second hour of wear. Projection is moderate before slipping to a skin scent when the heart and base takes centre stage in the third hour, leaving the slightest hint of watermelon residue but coming forward with a musky, cedar and suede finish that trickles out until its death around the 5 to 6 hour mark. The other notes not mentioned are barely evident, but that may speak to the solid blending on this extremely underrated and serviceable modern mainstream release. If you like watermelon done in an organic and complimentary manner, this is one well worth picking up.
Scent 7.5
Longevity: 4.5-6.5 hours
Sillage: moderate top, reduces to skin scent around 1.5 to 2 hour mark.

weppy
weppy

I blind bought a few budget fragrances the other day to add to the arsenal. I think we're all pretty familiar with the Curve line. I wasn't expecting anything bad from this but I wasn't expecting it to blow me away.

To my nose this frag is 2 parts Nautica Voyage - 1 part Aqua Di Gio. Imagine chewing watermelon bubble gum while sitting at the beach. For $15 dollars this is a decent summer cologne.

jazzman2010
jazzman2010

I tend to wear oriental spicy and woody scents, but needed to diversify my game, cause my lady likes aromatic aquatics...I didn't want to invest in an expensive scent, and after doing some homework and makin' a list of aromatic aquatics, I ran past this one in WalMart - and picked it up..."There ain't nothin' wrong with that," she said. There you go. Sky, clouds, water, a little bit of clean, fresh citrus and a little hint of wood and musk which, though somewhat barely, adequately satisfies a taste for sophistication. Very nice, suprising, and a nice addition to the roster.

nemesis76
nemesis76

Wow I have noticed some strong opinions on this cologne. Its OK for being a cheap buy at a major store but I never would have guessed that Curve, a brand that does receive its share of copy cats, would go copy Cool Water and Acqua di Gio. And to top that off it even copied its own brand Curve Wave. Appeal is OK but not original and I hope we can agree on that.

The only elements that will set this apart from the rest of the herd is its fruity and suede notes. Its a little strong from the start but mellows down to a fresh and clean smell. What else can I say? I can not repeat what I have already said on my previous reviews on Acqua di Gio and Curve Wave. Its still OK take a sniff if you like...meanwhile I will go have a beer by the ocean!

7 out of 10.......mercy score lol

nszlufik
nszlufik

Got it at Walmart.
Summery, vibrant, light add that to the musk, cedar and suede and you have a fruity fragrance that cant be confused with being feminine. Cheap so you really cant go wrong and honestly they could try and charge it as much as the others and still get away with it. Competing in an aisle where adidas and Axe want to see smelly stuff, this one has em all beat and then some. Give it a try.. this reminds me of summery scents from Calvin Klein and Kenneth Cole. Reaction comes to mind -there are differences but its got that fruit, musk and touch of sweetness. Suede makes it unique.

GuyGuess
GuyGuess

I just purchased this cologne from Walmart $23, 1oz bottle. I like this a lot, its mild and not overbearing. It reminds me of the original (not Intense) Calvin Klein Euphoria for men. I highly recommend if you want a mild fragrance for summer.

KeithScar
KeithScar

Curve appeal is the 2nd best next to the orignal Curve in my opinion. THe rest of the series sucks. Appeal opens up with a sweet fruity melon vibe to it kinda like Paris Hilton for men and KC Reaction. Light and has great longevity and perfect for daytime casual wear

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

Love this colonge smells great on my skin don't over look this

loungewizard
loungewizard

I've had Curve before...and liked it. Recently saw this & tested. It's a perfectly good Summer cologne! I personally think it's as good if not better than Aqua Di Gio...I was astounded!
When I was young, I realised the importance of fragrance as a sartorial accessory...yet never really pursued it as I should have. I just wore Chanel Egoiste Platinum or essential oils. Now I'm nearly 60 and very intrigued by fragrances & have spent nearly all this year researching online & off, which eventually brought me to this wonderful site...Fragrantica. It's been a fascinating education.
I'm not an insecure man & don't need 50 or 60 colognes(as I've noticed some men do) to try & impress women...or just to collect fragrances(which is a good collection hobby, collect 50's lounge records myself). Anybloodyway, I'd just like a few tasteful fragrances for Winter & Summer. I'd narrowed it down to about 60 to investigate & ideally to personally sample. Done a lot of running around, Nieman Marcus was especially helpful. Much to my shock & surprise, personally(just my opinion)I've found that generally speaking...most manufactured fragrances are quite over-rated. They are in fact synthetic/natural or all synthetic scents. All sophisticated & intriguing...but a bit over-rated. Personally I can't help but instinctively feel that natural essential oils are better...though not as sophisticated...know what I mean? Most all male fragrances are intriguing & clean smelling and I think the bottom line is that women just like that final accessory of simply smelling clean...it could be anything...it's so subjective.
I've found that an awful lot of of "great" designer fragrances just really aren't that great. For example, Issey Myake really does go on like bug spray! Versace Dreamer smells just like Le Male! Farenheit smells like gasoline! To my shock...Chanel Antaeus smells like synthetic smoke! And don't even get me started on Joop! It goes on & on.
Right now I'm just seeking a good Summer men's fragrance. Aqua Di Gio is fine, all it's touted to be. And my old Chanel Platinum. And...much to my shock...inexpensive little Curve Appeal! It's a dandy!
I've noticed that men's colognes are either masculine or feminine(for Winter). Need a Winter fragrance as well. The only one I can't decide on is old Habit
Rouge. It's got me confused. Very exotic & gothic...can't make up me bloody mind on this one. And there still remains others to investigate. Any input would be most sincerely appreciated.
In the meantime...Curve Appeal is...Simply(literally)just fine!

SnowStorm

Ended up returning this to the store. Just didn't stand out. It was pleasant but not noteworthy enough to keep around.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Much better than the version for women, my husband loves this, smells fresh, light and summer-y :)

SnowStorm

Just picked this one up and I'm very pleased so far. It is light and fresh. I agree with the babybash44 that this does not resemble the original Curve product (of which I am a big fan). Not as fruity as Reaction and also a bit more spicy. Much better than YSL L'Homme Libre (I didn't enjoy that one). I'll add more as I get a better feel for it.

The bottle is initially very cool, but after a short while it has become annoying. Good gimick, but doesn't hold long term. I like things lined up nicely and this one doesn't fit neatly into the drawer or the shelf space. The slanted cut would be good for demo units to grab attention and then give us a regular bottle.

babybash44
babybash44

I actually like it, even though it's a flanker. It has an original bottle, and it doesn't really smell like the normal, classic Curve. It's fruity and aquatic but the woods keep it interesting. It could definitely be the new It smell; we'll see!

Pv52fa
Pv52fa

as said before, smells like acqua di gio..but i would say with less emphasis on the citrus and a weaker drydown

LegendG
LegendG

I agree with the first post. It smells kind of like Aqua do Go, but not as good. which is a shame because I had high hopes for this fragrance, being that it has a lot of notes that I love.

Without giving it much thought, the openning is not very nice but, after 15-20 minutes, this reminds me a bit of YSL L'Homme Libre or really just any summer frag. I could be wrong tho. It's sweet and fruity fresh with a cool aquatic personality. I am curious to see what other members think.

Curve Appeal for Men by Liz Claiborne 3.57 out of 5 based on 51 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Curve Appeal for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Curve Appeal for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Curve Appeal for Men by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Curve Appeal for Men by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.