Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Curve Soul Liz Claiborne for women

Curve Soul Liz Claiborne for women
dislike

Curve Soul is a female fragrance introduced in 2005 in a romantic bottle and packaging. It was designed by Jean-Mark Chaillan and Loc Dong. Top notes are pleasantly blended from bamboo leaves, white lotus, lotus flowers and freesia. The heart brings an exotic tone thanks to cactus flowers, Tiara blossom from Tahiti, blue Tyger lily, suede, heliotrope and nutmeg. Notes of incense and musk emphasizes the base.   Curve Soul was created by Jean-Marc Chaillan and Loc Dong.

Bamboo Leaf Lotus Leaf Freesia Lotus

Nutmeg Tyger Lily White Woods Heliotrope Tahitian Tiare Flower Cactus Flower

Musk Incense

Curve Soul Fragrance Reviews

jeffersonfaudan
jeffersonfaudan

great scent!!! floral but not too floral... affordable and the scent is very easy to love

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

Not all the blind buys go wrong, and this one is a proof for that! This is a WIN!
Lovely summery, aqvatic fresh and very natural friendly kind of scent. I can feel how my skin loves the bamboo and lotus, finally a perfume that doesen't smell sweet or bad on my olive skin, it just stays fresh spicy. I also LOVE how it developes on my skin within hours, and I can say I like every note of it!! One of my best summer scents from now on. I doubt it could bother anyone, it's too nice! Price is good too, very affordable!

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

This is nice and fresh. It reminds me of cross between Hollister malaia, and Davidoff cool water. I'm defiantly getting some fresh fruit in this like someone else mentioned. Perfect for summer! I just wish the bottle was as pretty as the box. I just bought this at TJMaxx, 3.4oz for $9.99 on clearance. :D Whata deal!
Edit~ this is actually quite strong, I'm having trouble wearing it :(

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

The bamboo and cactus flower mixed with freesia really complete this scent for me! This is a wonderful spring/summer fragrance especially at night. the silage is great and the longevity is even better. Great blind buy, just like all of the Liz Claiborne perfumes!

bonnie52
bonnie52

This was a blind buy…a VERY GOOD blind buy! I am absolutely LOVING Soul! Bamboo. water lily (even though it's not listed) and a hint of musk…what a perfect combination! It is so fresh and pretty; perfect for anyone at any age!

Labaloo
Labaloo

I picked up a small (.5 oz) bottle of this from a garage-sale for less than a dollar thinking maybe my mother or sister might like it, and, if not, then no big loss. On first spray, it reminds me of the scent of a florist's shop- that blend of fresh-cut stems and flowers and cold water, ozonic and clean. And Easter lillies on display. The base is a pristine white musk- like that in laundry detergent or hair-products, so it has that note that you smell when you move the damp clothes to the dryer or while lathering your hair with shampoo during a shower. This is certainly not a "loud" sillage-monster- rather, it is quiet and stays nearby and simply smells like a garden after the rain. I even detect a delicate whiff of soil-tincture on the drydown (~12h on me), making the "garden reference" all that much stronger. As a guy, I don't think this is an overly feminine fragrance; I think anyone could wear this if it fits the mood- great for a summer day!

gardeniapetunia
gardeniapetunia

I first smelled this at a TJ Maxx in August and wore it on the drive home. Instantly, it felt like a hot summer night walking by a pond, listening to peepers and feeling refreshed by the relative coolness of evening. The surrounding wisteria and wildflowers, the water, the night jasmine and other summer aromas are etched in me now and this cheap, silly perfume can take me there instantly.
I've been through many bottles and like to apply it before I go to bed. Nothing complicated about it, never heavy, but it does wonders in my mind.
Because in real life, walking by a pond at night means I am covered in deet! lol!

anitaoolong
anitaoolong

This is a cool floral with a watery green freshness that makes it absolutely ideal for our hot summers.

It has the feeling of walking around a botanic garden on a hot day. A side path leads you into a shaded grove surrounded by lush greenery. There is an ornamental pond dotted with water lily, and an ornate bench to sit and enjoy this tranquil spot.

Now for the perfume: alongside the initial burst of green there is a soft floral that I think has come out to play in the heat. I don't recall it being there when I tried this out during the cooler weather.

It's a simple scent that has a calming and refreshing effect on me. In saying that it still has decent longevity, yet the fragrance doesn't turn sour or sickly on my skin.

Lavallectra
Lavallectra

It's soft and very floral, I think it's a little mature smelling, but anyone could wear this. It's just a light, clean, inoffensive scent, great for springtime and casual days.

thazinha30
thazinha30

Bling buy from TJ Maxx at $12.99. A clean, no frills scent. Fresh cucumber water with a hint of white flower. Dry down is a fresh out of the shower smell. Not amazing but not bad. Will wear it for a beach/park day when it's just too hot outside. It is a bit generic, as others pointed out, but it's ok with me since a lot of my perfumes are kinda in your face type of scents.

miserysbutterfly
miserysbutterfly

Very pretty scent, but not an instant love. This one has to be worn a few times before it can be properly judged. I bought this at a fire sale with a friend who was not impressed by it at all, until a week later she smelled it on me and went back to buy herself a bottle! Be careful with this scent though, I've had random strangers stop to smell me (one time in an elevator, another in a bar.. both times I could distinctly hear the person inhaling as they sniffed the air before being quizzed as to what I was wearing, and both times my personal bubble was invaded.. awkward!) It can be slightly overpowering and come off as somewhat dated but overall once it calms down is quite lovely.

garrettsmommy520
garrettsmommy520

Another one of my favs.. im seriously a perfume FREAK. i have atleast 15 bottles of different perfume! ive been wearing this perfume since i was 16 (around 9 years now) i ran out a couple years back and was able to find it in stores anymore =/ thankfully ebay has it still! the staying power is awesome! i smell it hours after putting it on. its such a fresh scent.

molson316
molson316

This fragrance is so pretty & fresh. It's like a musical chord being played... All the notes being played in harmony...water, fruity, woodsy, floral, green & all fresh, all balanced, all happy. And then there is one note, a dissonance. It doesn't stop. It doesn't go away. It's like a choir all singing in beautiful perfect harmony and then there's that one person that is tone deaf singing the same words, but singing monotone & flat!! I can't identify her. She's not a top note or base, but somewhere in the middle, in the heart. Oh HOW I wish I could pin point which note is the one note ruining it all!

cinema1974
cinema1974

My sister in law traded this with me...It smells like floral big time on me...it is nice scent if you want a clean floral...the bottle is pretty sturdy and it looks like those old steam pump bottles back in the 1920's...but yes if you like floral and crisp scent this one might be up your alley...If you smelled Jessica Mclintock pefume that pure floral with the big square white top...This is a better version of it with a floral that does not give you that bang headache...yes this is a good price and for what it worth a good deal for this fragrance...Like it, it okay to have around...

Jillish
Jillish

Soul is a fav...it's so clean and cool...watery not sharp...sweet but not artificial or sugary.
So cheap it should be in everyone's collection for daytime.

Sheer, watery jasmine and water notes are nice enough for daily wear, but it reminds me a bit of scented hairspray. There is a note in there that reminds of of lacquer. I'll leave it for others.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

Soul is a very watery, fresh and light fragrance, very inobtrusive and quite delicate...suppose it's the combination of lotus and bamboo and possibly cactus that gives it its watery quality. It would be perfect on a hot sweaty sunny day as it has quite a cooling effect. The trouble is it does not last whatsoever and is barely detectable on my skin...having said that, I have been tryng this in a cold cloudy UK. Perhaps it smells differently on a hot sunny day!

*sophi*
*sophi*

Soul is unique!It's white watery floral!You smell the lily,lotus and tiare and you get the freshness of bambou!It's very lasting and summery.It's like Miami Glow of JLO but more intense and fresh!I smell strong watermelon/melon and certainly it has unlisted fruity notes in it!It's inexpensive and surely a wonderful summery scent for vacations :)

cynthia.ye
cynthia.ye

A very good day-wear fragrance. Smells very special (watery). Better for spring and summer.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I was a bit taken aback when the smell of cucumber wafted up to my nose when I first tried Curve Soul. Cucumber, of all things! Actually, the more I sniffed it the more it smelled like a cross between cucumber and aloe vera, so presumably it's the cactus note that smells like that. This died down quickly though and smelled much fainter when the perfume settled. It's quite a pleasant perfume - quite fresh, light and clean'ish smelling. The staying power and sillage isn't amazing though and on me I can't smell it that much and it starts to fade after about 3-4 hours or so. I think it's just quite nice but not necessarily my cup of tea so my 50ml (1.7oz) bottle is available for swap if anyone's interested!

rupz_78
rupz_78

Love it as a regular workday fragrance. It vanishes quickly though (2-3 hours tops)!

dmaw
dmaw

A modern floral...light and wearable.

madhatter1
madhatter1

Man, I'll always remember this as clean water green scent I think I picked up at Marshalls or TJ Maxx on the clearance table. You dont need to apply too much. The bottle I had recently leaked into the bottom of one of my black leather purses and stained my tan leather car seat! Ugh! I better check my clearance bottles for defects next time!

New@thisperfumething
New@thisperfumething

I remember having this perfume a few years ago. It wasn't a bad fragrance, but I got bored with if before I could finish the small bottle so I started using it as a freshner for my car. It smells like the original curve with a cleaner vibe. I will not purchase again.

perfume rocks
perfume rocks

SERIOUSLY BUY THIS PERFUME...it is so great and it is in the floral catagory and i would have never thought that, to me its totally green bamboo (im not sure what bamboo is actually suppose to smell like but to me Soul is bamboo)I have tryed everything trying to pick out a new scent for myself..light blue etc. etc. all of those but always go back to this its so wonderful and dirt cheap...buy this girls if you like fresh scents that have a little green in them you will love Soul !!! If this scent was $1 or $100 it wouldnt matter i would still buy it. I know its not for everybody but with me its perfect for spring and summer and i get it at TJ Max for $9.99 you cant beat that !!!! My number one perfume for spring and summer is Nanette Lepore (love it) but this comes a really really close second.

cocolollobrigida
cocolollobrigida

it smells like just bamboo and it is overwhelming. i can not stand this perfume because there is an only one dominant note in this perfume and it doesnt smell good at all. it smells so synthetic.

Scent-a-holic
Scent-a-holic

I can't understand how anyone cannot like this perfume. It's a beautiful creamy floral on me at least. I love that it has a modern twist with the bamboo and cactus. Granted it's not a floral as intense as Jessica Mclintock's Always & Forever, It isn't pretending to be either (look at the low price point). But I love it for it's everyday sort of feel and creamy freshness.

Fragaria
Fragaria

exciter 76 made me go out and get this. It's all her fault! She wrote Curve Soul smelled similar to Water Blossom Ivy from Bath and Body Works. After reading a couple negative reviews that scared me off, her review was most helpful and appeared to be sincere. She didn't seem to be one that loved this OR did she bash it AND compared it to another that was similar. I figured it couldn't be as awful as some reviews made me believe. I bought it without trying it first just like Allegra. I got out to the car and sprayed it and I wasn't in love with this, but it was certainly nice for the price. I drove a block to Bath and Body Works and this scent took hold, just that fast! I thought to myself...omg can it BE???? and it was. This is just THAT good. It's like the best clean bubble bath scent ever. Doesn't even smell like perfume. It's not "fake" like perfume at all. It seems as if you yourself and your home are just THAT clean and fresh to give you such a nice clean, comforting smell. I can't get over this. Thankyou exciter76 so very much for the helpful review!

Allegra
Allegra

Curve Soul was a pleasant surprise as I bought my first bottle from the internet solely based on the scent's components and without any kind of precognition whether I would actually like the fragrance or not.

But it turned out (to my delight) to be a very nice fragrance for everyday use. My first impression of Soul was that cactus and bamboo are rather sharp and penetrating at the initial; therefore it is quite green and strong at first. A bit too green for me, as I almost always opt for florals..

But when the drydown occurs, Soul develops into a lovely, light, airy and calming floral scent of "barely there" kind. A really good buy considering its affordable price and long-lasting whiff. In other words, a true bargain to be sprayed on during the hot and humid summer months, just to add some extra amenity to the long and lazy (holi)days.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

Curve Vintage Soul was my choice to wear on a vacation to Montana last year. I will always have that olfactory memory now! It has an almost masculine component that makes it a very forceful smell. In fact, I ended up giving this to my daughter's boyfriend, who normally wears the men's version of Soul. We all thought it smelled great on him! It is not a "stinky" fragrance...just doesn't smell that feminine or complex. I don't get the watery notes that everyone is talking about at all! Nor the bamboo. I guess the nutmeg and spicy components reared their head on my skin quite prominently, perhaps because of the warm Montana sun.

oj10065882
oj10065882

this is a very fresh bamboo cactus scent.I would wear this on a rainy day watching the wet gardens.I like it,well,I have a sample of this,i hope to get a bottle soon,but where ccan i buy it?This lasts about a few hours.

mapeteb
mapeteb

It's so light and cold for me. Not long lasting. Not very floral. I just can smell the bamboo.

exciter76
exciter76

I am so surprised to see all the negative comments regarding this scent. It is not, by any means, an original scent; it quite reminds me of Bath and Body Works' "Water Blossom Ivy", which I adored. It was simple, sure, but it was great for humid summer days when one wanted to invoke the feeling of calm, cool waters. Curve Soul hearkens back to that tranquil watery vibe. I live in California where the summer temperatures can be brutal and any kind of fragrance can be too cloying. Curve Soul has managed to stay light and cool in the present heat. Most surprising for a watery fragrance of this sort, the sillage is decent and it lasts a relatively long time.

My only complaint about this fragrance is its bottle. Whenever I grab this fragrance I feel a bit like I've nabbed a perfume from a thirteen year old. It's a cute bottle but the sticker label is a bit cheeky, and not in a good way. However, if the uninspired labeling is how I was able to obtain this perfume for such a ridiculously low price, then I have no complaints.

mandashell
mandashell

In a phase were I was hooked on the Vintage Soul I decided to try this one. BOY! WAS THAT A MISTAKE! Soul is probably one of the worst fragrances I have ever smelt and the only fragrance where I can honestly say that it smells like a scented disnefectant spray. Although the linen scented Lysol in the bathroom isn't as offensive as this one. It is one dimensoinal and nasty. BEWARE! o.0

falovalo
falovalo

This smells very familiar, maybe it's reminding me of Lucky for women. At any rate, it's nothing special. The lotus really comes through and stays kind of sharp.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Smells like watery Bamboo and maybe a hint of floral.Not my favorite but I'll finish my bottle.I don't buy unsniffed anymore!

Cherub573
Cherub573

Wow, this did absolutely nothing for me. It was not sweet at all on me. I did not smell any fruit. All I got were florals. I guess I would call it a cool floral, just a tad watery, but not much. It's just kind of "there." It was bland, and I really couldn't find any facet of it intriguing. I find the bottle adorable though- it has a girly vintage/bohemian vibe to it. I actually wish I liked the fragrance just so I could have that cute bottle sitting on my counter.

Curve Soul by Liz Claiborne 3.64 out of 5 based on 130 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Curve Soul fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Curve Soul, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Curve Soul by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Curve Soul by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.