Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Curve Soul Vintage Liz Claiborne for women

Curve Soul Vintage Liz Claiborne for women
dislike

Curve Soul Vintage was presented in 2006. Very romantic in a beautiful package, this perfume is colored and characterized with purple. Top notes bring sweet and fresh bergamot, cranberry, apple, plum, cyclamen and lime. Middle notes flourish with jasmine, magnolia, lime-tree blossom, rose, seductive tuberose and iris, and the base tucks the composition in with powdery notes of vanilla, sensuous musk, warm sandalwood, patchouli and amber.

Orange Lime Plum Cranberry Apple Bergamot

Magnolia Tuberose iris Jasmine Lime Blossom Rose

Sandalwood Amber Patchouli Musk Vanilla

Curve Soul Vintage Fragrance Reviews

llburris
llburris

Currently I have this marked as a like. I really want to try it again in much cooler weather. The vibe screams warm me up when I'm cold.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

WOOOO!The patchouli is strong with this one!At first spray it came off as very masculine. I was almost afraid to go out in it because it was so strong! However, after letting it calm down I noticed that it is probably more like a winter scent. It is also sweet with a smell of plums and other beautiful flowers and fruits. Patchouli lovers will greatly enjoy this wonderful scent!

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I fail to get the 'vintage' connotation in Vintage Soul, but what's in a name?! Vintage Soul is essentially a fruitchouli, but WHAT a fruitchouli..... Seldom have I a smelled a more interesting or memorable example of this genre.

As others have noted, there's a good deal of sharpness to the opening, which then settles to a rousing fruity/foral theme - hedged about nicely with a well balanced patchouli. Lime, Bergamot, Plum, and Green Apple are readily apparent. I could wish the iris and other florals stood out more clearly, but they are so beautifully blended I cannot complain. Truly a well constructed scent, bearing testimony to fine balance and proportion.

Projection - Excellent
Longevity - Excellent
Artistry - Excellent
Value - Excellent

In short, Five Stars! :)

bonnie52
bonnie52

I am not smelling any Patchouli in this. I smell more amber. It would be better for me if there were some more heady, "hippie" notes to it. I like it but I was expecting more.
On second thought,, I really, really like this if I spray more on!

shamsiruhe

this perfume is so odd, there's really nothing to compare it to. it's not "pretty" in a classic sense of the word, but there is something addictive about it.

i wonder if loc dong is the perfumer...

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

very strong sour lime citrus.. not for me as I cannot take strong citrus.. boarderline 'green'. This opens so strong it makes the eyes/nose water, mellows a bit but not much.. The lime & jasmine really dominate this scent for me. I get some patcholi but I dont get any warmth, no vanilla or amber. I'm sure its great on others but just not me..

Sillage is great and lasts over 6 hours, next day on fabric.

odie
odie

Very romantic bottle and a fresh apple/citrus scent. I've had lovely compliments but it seems to make some people around me sneeze so I don't wear it too often. The middle and base notes are lost to me but other people smell the musks and vanilla. Good perfume

chaiinthemorning
chaiinthemorning

This is my everyday perfume and I always get so many compliments on it. On my skin, I smell more of the bergamot and amber than straight patchouli. (I dislike straight patchouli.) First bought on a whim, I liked how pretty the box was. The small 1 oz bottle was such a pretty dark purple. Later, my mother gave me a gift set for Christmas with a larger spray bottle and lotion. Too me the small 1 oz bottle has a more intense scent with stronger base notes after the first burst of citrus drys off. When I use the spray bottle, which I do daily, I usually spray twice in the air and walk through. I think the floral notes are more pronounced. I don't use the lotion because it has a much more pronounced patchouli presence. To me the scent is warming, sensual and comforting. It gives me more confidence. Based on reviews here, I purchased a bottle of Cure Crush and hope I like it as well as Vintage Soul.

pattyk
pattyk

All the notes in this perfume make me want to purchase it but the reviews are pretty bad for the most part.I love Givenchy's Organza Indecence. Does it smell anything like that at all? It has some of the notes in it. Please advise. I know it has a lot to do with your body chemistry so I'm hoping this would be a good blind buy....your thoughts?????

Mammajamma
Mammajamma

I think... Dusty mid purple , rummaging through the goodwill store with a friend that is making you laugh...my elderly kindergarten teacher, my hippy teen years(nineties hippy lol), this is a strange, yet pleasant scent. One of the only patchouli ones I can wear. I like it, and get compliments from one of my girlfriends every time I wear this. My husband hates it, but some days I just have to put it on anyways! I don't get sweet at all, I get libraries, purple flowers, and patchouli, but like an old stick of patch incense burned long ago. Sorry for the weird review but this is a strange darling !

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

i think it has a masculine vibe to it. at first i get lots of lime and bergamont, with some underlying sweetness to it. kinda like if you had a light floral fruity scent on you and then rubbed up all upon your boyfriend. i get some musky creamy vanilla underneath it all. i think it is an everyday fragrance and i only sprayed myself once and i think that was enough. i think it has a vintagey vibe. like a vintage clothing store vibe. i imagine a girl dressed in a vintage dress standing next to her boyfriend who is wearing a vintage blazer. i like it, but its not my favorite.

bowtiegirl85
bowtiegirl85

This is a beautiful scent. The only problem I have is that the patchouli is so strong. I tend not to spray it straight on my skin, just kinda spritz it in the air and walk through it. I seem to like it better that way. Soft sweet citrusy and little hints of floral.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I like this-its fun and flirty yet earthy and warm. Had never heard of it till now so I blind bought it and I am nit dissapointed.

mhubbard
mhubbard

I love this fragrance! think of Angel and Euphoria mixed togther and watered down 95%. Alas, I had to get rid of it as it didn't last an hour and simply broke my heart.

celebrity89
celebrity89

M by Mariah Carey mixed with Euphoria.

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

After leaving this on the shelf, I decided to revisit this scent...mostly due to it having some notes in common with some of my beloved scents.
On opening I had immediate flashbacks to warm memories of my Dad, his aftershave at one time...scent unknown, but nice in a manly way...something I enjoyed, but don't want to smell like.
Now after drydown I get nuances of an eclectic vintage feel...can relate to previous comments about mishmash of scents in a department store fragrance section, also a bit vintage hippy.... sadly too much for me. Not a bit earthy on my skin, sadly, but unlikable enough to want to scrub it off NOW.
Funnily enough, like Hope007, my 4 and 6 year old girls love this, but then again, they love most perfumes...
A bit reminiscent of a whole lot of 70's era Avon scents...its definitely vintage smelling, lol

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

What a great little find! There are a lot of notes..lime comes through in the beginning, bergamot, maybe some plum. Then we shift into the middle flower phase, which is very pretty, even though it smells like the flowers listed all smooshed up together, and finally, the base comesd through nicely. Earthy. Amazingly, it smells incredibly vintage, the name and bottle suit this perfume so perfectly. Once all the notes settle down it is vintage chic...haven't smelled anything as interesting that is newer trying to have a classic, amazing vintage smell. I loved this perfume at first spray. Great buy..great price..I am a perfume fanatic with a great collection...this is worth having..even if you only buy a 1oz bottle!

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This is very masculine smelling in my opinion, but I like it! I took it on a trip to Montana so it will always remind me of open skies and rugged late summers. I ended up giving it to my daughters boyfriend and wears it all the time. (He is 20 for reference). The opening of the scent will blast you with a lot of patchouli but that quickly settles down and the amber and berries step up taking center stage for most of the scent life. I don't think you should shy away from this if you are not a patchouli lover...it is calm and well balanced. This is a deep, complex scent and the price tag is amazing.

Shadowfroggy
Shadowfroggy

Remember back in the day when they didn't use paper strips at the department stores and the sales people would just spritz the air? And you'd have that blend of fragrances that could help you locate the makeup counters better than the store map? That is what Vintage Soul smells like. Takes me back to Macy's circa 1985. Every note is thrown in here. Floral, fruity, spicy, powdery,vanilla,lime, musk - it's like there was a disaster in the lab and they bottled it. That being said... I almost like it. If I want to pretend I've spent the day shopping and doing lunch with ladies of leisure i can just sniff the bottle. But since I'm more likely to be doing laundry and I don't need more to wash I wouldn't spray it anywhere near my clothes.

Anna_Maria
Anna_Maria

I don't like much an opening, but I like a sweet drydown. I am not sure about if it's sexy or not for wearing, but if I spray napkin and leave it in a room, it leaves light nice rose-patchouli-vanilla sweetness in the air.

ingalee
ingalee

i love this scent!!and i have only a few drops left!!!

nicki317
nicki317

This was recommended to me based on other scents that I like. I don't like it at all. I didn't find it romantic in the least. Smells very masculine and cheap in my opinion. I will not be keeping it.

twillocks
twillocks

okay what can i say . . .. I really like this FUNNY but what I like the magority does not LOL

update - love this even more! almost unisex

Moonglowone
Moonglowone

Used lightly its wonderful on a crisp fall/ winters day. Be warned, do not spray more than 1-2 times lightly. It is powerful but it is gorgeous and sensual.

This is a very strong scent that is meant to remind you of the 70s. While I don't find it uninteresting, my husband doesn't like it at all. So it's a no-go for me :) It probably might be too strong anyway.

cheriebeary73
cheriebeary73

too strong, makes me sick! Yuck!

If I could give an award for the worst perfume ever this would be it! I sprayed on spritz on my wrist and it immediatley burned my eyes, nose and throat so bad that my throat started to close and felt like I swallowed sandpaper, glands in neck swelled, and got a hot fever feeling come across my face! I had that awful feeling almost rest of day! I have a strong HATE for this one. (Sorry to those who may like it.)

HOPE007
HOPE007

I have this, it was a gift.. I neither love nor hate it.. It's ok in all honesty, I never reach for it. My 6 year old daughter on the other hand thinks this is just divine.. It smells almost identical to Avon's Rare Diamonds.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

Strong patchouli and berry scent. This is a strong one! It's sexy, but it's kind of suffocating. Too loud and strong for my taste, and way too synthetic.

Fragaria
Fragaria

Got this one yesterday. Totally hippy, OLD school hippy and, annnnd...modern! Patchouli galore, and then there is that modern scent I smell in Beckham Signature and Bath and Body Works Blackberry Amber. To describe this modern scent I'd have to say orchid smoke. Doesn't make sense and yet those are the words that describe this lovely modern scent along with Patchouliiiiiiiiyummmm! I like this.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I saw this at Walmart TODAY in a dual pack... One bottle of Curve Crush and a bottle of this for $19!!! Why oh why didn't I buy it? Probably because I have bought WAY too many fumes in the last 2 weeks. I love Crush and I've always wanted to try Vintage Soul. And from the reviews it looks like it's a keeper. Maybe I'll go back after work and pick this up.

Update:

I did go get it after work.
EEEwwww! I can't believe I'm even saying it, but that I'll I could come up with to explain the offensiveness of this scent. It smelled sour, musty, and like a stinky old man. And the drydown turned to BO!I tried to wash it off and it's STILL there! Ick!

It's NOTHING like Curve Crush. I had high hopes for it in that sense. I'm sadly disappointed.

hollycat
hollycat

An extremely affordable yet complex scent. I find it to be somewhat gourmand and a bit sweet, but then the strong patchouli in the base makes it sexy and sophisticated. It reminds me (vaguely) of angel. I think its because I smell chocolate and of course patchouli in this, although chocolate is not listed as a note.

Id say the purple bottle reflects the juice very well. It almost smells purple.

Sassy1
Sassy1

It's purple so it's mine.
I find nothing masculine or old fashioned about this scent at all. It's more a sweet fruity floral with only a hint of the middle notes and a dash of spicy woods in the drydown.
It actually smells very similar to Silver Ring minus the peach/rosewood and adding patchouli/sandalwood. After checking, the notes are almost identical. Damn, I'm good...
Anyway, I like it.
Is it mind blowing and perfect in every way?
But, it's a nice diversion from more serious scents and the price is a bargain.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

This is one perfume that I don't mind, but am personally not wild about. It smells very patchouli-ey on me. Probably one of the cheapest (least expensive) perfumes in my collection and the only one that I always get compliments on. Must smell different to people around me...

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

this is all about soft and powdery flowers with a hint of berry juice and earthy, musky untertones. the purple color suits it perfect!

a real luminous pinup girl burlesque pure glamour scent without being too girlish! most of those vintage-retro fumes are made too powdery, bubblegum-sweet and gal-like, what i can t understand as the famous retro-queens weren't that young teenladies! they where all in their age of 25 to 35 in full bloom of their succsess and beauty, as Dita van Teese to.
this scent would suit here very well: dark and mysterious but yet elegant and retrolike in a modern way.

no oldfashioned grandma smell nore masculine but selfconfident without being to loud! delicious lime and plum, sooo juicy in the top.
i can detect also the juicy berries inside but not sweet at all. i would say even a bit sour like a berry gin fizz.

the heart tells about a soft rose and delicate magnolia well balanced with powdery tuberose. the lovely violet and jasmine makes it sweet and tempting.

base is warm and smoky, but still flowery as well. is there patchouli inside ? of course. dirty and sexy in a subtle amounth! :P
settles nice on skin, perfect sillage, longlasting too.

love it! can t understand the low ratings here! the bottle is awesome too! a standout keeper for selfconfident bombshells!

renaelafae
renaelafae

I bought this blind at TJ Maxx because it was cheap and I love Soul for men. This smells horrible on me, like floral mothballs. I was and still am horrified by this scent, definitely the worst perfume I have ever tried on.

knics33
knics33

It seems like I'm in the minority, but I am really liking Vintage Soul! I got a 0.5 mini as a gift and at this point I will definitely repurchase when I run out. Vintage Soul has a mix of tart fruits, heady florals, and a nice predominately musky/patchouli base. It definitely has a "vintage" feel- like a fragrance that would have been loved many, many years ago. I love the heady, white florals in the middle- so pretty mixed with the lime! Also- I get the magnolia (it's very light, though) that softens/sweetens up all the headiness of the tuberose and jasmine. This fragrance reminds me so much of something and I can not for the life me figure out what is is!... maybe some type of incense... or even potpourri? Either way- I am really loving this scent (great price too!). Also- I find this scent to be very unisex- the dry down gets especially masculine at the end. Overall, I give Vintage Soul a B... good job Liz Claiborne~

shamsiruhe

i enjoy this scent and am glad i bought it.
it has depth and sweetness and a distinctive character to my nose.

i will buy again.
it is dark and calm with a spirit of fun.
interesting mix.

LAMANDA255
LAMANDA255

i dont dislike it but i am on the fence...at first all i got was grassy notes adn then it instantly developed into this smoky woody warmth that i kept having to smell to justify wether i liked or not..still don't know

mandashell
mandashell

Man was I hooked on this one for a while. LOL! Had the body wash and the lotion. Eventually grew tired of it and felt that it was too strong, potent and masculine for my ever changing tastes. It has good sillage, decent lasting power and an old school perfume vibe. It could truly benefit from the removal of a number of middle and basenotes(patchouli) but then it wouldn't be Curve Vintage Soul. There are plenty that love it just as it is. After all, I was one of them.

This is a fragrance I like to sniff from the bottle it smells good then but to actually spray and wear it,NO! It is masculine and has strange notes like berries or something,patchouli is dominant and I am not a fan of it.But it is a descent scent but not a favorite.

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

This is a wonderful perfume, if it has patchouli I am there. And you can definitely smell the patchouli in this. I love it.

mwater1
mwater1

Curve Soul Vintage is not a very appealing scent on my skin. I was actually told that whatever that was I was wearing that I needed to wash it off! The opening is extremely heavy and synthetic, in the way of bad 60's and 70's perfumes when they were called 'colognes'. The opening is heavy with musk, powder, amber, and what I thought was lavender or a violet gone wrong, but I don't see that either of those flowers listed. The middle notes are cloying and sickeningly sweet. The drydown is even worse. It's an annoying mix of musky musk and vanilla with a weird twist of spicy patchouli. I wanted to try it based on the reviews, but this is one of my all time worst purchases. Disgusting!

I ordered a number of perfumes last summer. This is one that I bought unsniffed based on reviews and I have never regretted it. I loved it the moment I sprayed it. I love everything about it. Initially you get the patchouli and musk but that fades and you smell the delicious fruits and the beautiful vanilla and amber drydown. I sniff myself over and over LOL! I honestly can't see this being unisex because it is actually pretty sweet without being sickening. All those notes combine to make my perfect signature fragrance. I LOVE it and can't imagine not having it in my perfume collection. ;')

sharyssa
sharyssa

Very strong very sharp.I don't know what I smell here but maybe some fruit mixed with a strong men's cologne? Falls into the same catagory as Glow after dark except Glow after dark smells better.I will finish my bottle but wouldn't repurchase this one.I hope I didn't offend those who enjoy this one!

Bright fruit and green flowers with a dusty, sharp patchouli base. Dries down to a more mellow vanilla and citrus scent with a note that crawls up the nose and induces sneezing. I suspect this is the patchouli. A pass for me.

gyftedgrammy
gyftedgrammy

I'm a young 46 and I love musk, amber and sandalwood. This fragrance is great, starts out with a sweet note then mellows down to a sophisticated, spicy blend with a little kick. I absorb fragrances very quickly so I must have something with staying power. I use the EDP. It smells very different from the EDT; I ordered both and will send the lighter scent to my 25 yr old daughter. For years, Jean Paul Gaultier classique was my signature. I wanted to add a little variety, and this fits the bill perfectly.

essija
essija

I agree with Chaosnmotion. A friend of mine wore this at work and YUCK.. I didn't have the heart to tell her but I'm so glad I did not ever try this considering one website recommended this scent for me.. No Way!!

tangledvines
tangledvines

I think it's a lovely scent. I don't think it smells grandmotherly at all. It might smell slightly masculine, but in a very nice way. It's a tad sweet, unique and I enjoy it a lot.

guest_Marie J
guest_Marie J

It actually smells very similar to M by Mariah Carey and powdery? No not at all. It is strong though almost masculine.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

My husband bought me a gift set of this and I took it right back. It smells like something my grandmother might have worn back in the day... very powdery finish that was quite disgusting really. One of the worst I have ever smelled.

2007

Curve Soul Vintage by Liz Claiborne 3.45 out of 5 based on 148 ratings and 50 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Curve Soul Vintage fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Curve Soul Vintage, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Curve Soul Vintage by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Curve Soul Vintage by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.