Designers » L » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

Curve Wave Liz Claiborne for men

Curve Wave Liz Claiborne for men
dislike

Curve Wave is a refreshing summer fragrance, which is found in the market 2005th year. It contains notes of liquid oxygen, citrus, mint, blue anise and Klek. Reminiscent of the spicy sea air.

Available as 100 ml EDT.

Blueted

Curve Wave Fragrance Reviews

phillip.jones.71868
phillip.jones.71868

Immediately I get a splash of ozone and alcohol followed by lots and lots of cheap soap, juniper bush and bitter citrus pith and deodorant.

Sorry, folks this one is not for me. Frankly I'm not a big fan of aquatics to begin with and this might be slightly better than some of the others; however, it's not good.

I do get a slight oceanic waft, but, it's the acrid scent coming off of the ocean after a long hot day with no breeze (i.e. not the pleasant sweet scent of an ocean breeze through the sea side vegetation.)

To me, on me, it smells more like old fashioned hand soap than it does a cologne. It's not so offensive that I immediately washed it off but it's not one that I feel compelled to trying again.

mrmattcat78
mrmattcat78

nice fresh scent , opens strong ,doesn't last long though

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Kudos if you get more than 3 hours from it. I usually get no more than 2. Too bad because it opens very strong. The citrus elements are extreme fro about 15 minutes before some mint makes it way through. That's really all you get from Wave. Sillage is soft and the scent is good just weak. I recommend Bvlgari Aqua.

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Grapefruit, mandarin and lime blast off the top and make Curve Wave an invigorating, refreshing energy boost that perfectly fits warmer climates or summer days/evenings. The citrus dominates the top all the way through, making the blend rather linear but for that there should be no apologies. This is a fun, youthful citrus bomb that lacks the big projection to ever get nauseating or cloying and though rather fleeting, Curve Wave seems to hold to the skin rather well and flickers in and out even when the wearer may not be aware it's still there.
Curve Wave is linear all the way through, even the juniper and anise are simple background extras in the entire affair, making brief and subtle appearances on occasion but never managing to keep court with the citrus. The base is a very soft and fluffy musk that allows the citrus to extend into the drydown over the top. It's all very simple and targeted at teens, but refreshing and enjoyable enough that for its incredibly affordable price, may suit you perfectly on a summer vacation or trips to the pool, lake or casual summer affair. If you like citrus and a bit of an aromatic backdrop but don't feel compelled to get too complicated with the note pyramid, Curve Wave is a nice cologne to have in the arsenal that won't dent your budget.

Scent: 6.0 (Linear, pure high-pitched citrus)
Development: 3.0 (Beyond the musky base, no evolution)
Longevity: 7.0 (Underrated for an aquatic, ranges from 3-8 hours, was very spotty, but seems to be one in which the wearer doesn't smell it as much as others seem to notice it)
Sillage: 5.0 (Not great performance, but the subtlety in this one is what gives it its personality, too much projection would have made this one cloying and unattractive given its linear quality)

Overall:6.0
Nothing sophisticated, Curve Wave is enjoyable nonetheless, with a surprisingly organic blend of citrus (orange, lime and graperfuit) and toned down projection that allows them to settle into the skin without ever getting cloying. A fun, uplifting fragrance that for its price, is nothing to look down at. Enjoyable.

andrecpt50
andrecpt50

I'm really really liking this, and so is my girl friend. As said many times, its fresh, clean, citrusy and overall really nice in my opinion. What's interesting about this is it lasts FOREVER on my skin. I sprayed 3 sprays on at 8am, went to the gym during the day, and took a shower around 8pm and I could still easily smell it before I went to bed.

nemesis76
nemesis76

Curve is a never ending story of colognes, I just don't know what will be next in their line up. If the original Curve cologne (gold bottle) and Cool Water mated...then Curve Wave is their bastard child. Not the most original description but hey its easy to understand right?

When I first sprayed this on me I felt I was taken to a crowded beach where I found myself drinking a water downed mojito. Its a fresh sea breeze with a mix of spices thrown up in the air. No doubt its best when worn on summer nights but it can be worn year round. The dry down is not too different from the first spray and it only last about 4 hours on me. Its simple at its core and familiar to many but at a low price it can hold its own against other colognes.

So if you live for summer but live on a budget this will work.

7 out of 10

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

I bought this stuff at marshall's for $17. It's worth.... $17. Smells good but it's a very common fresh, citrus, aquatic scent. Smells almost identical to Davidoff Echo, only more citrus and less spice and LESS LONGEVITY. Definitely a gym fragrance or high school kid's fragrance. I would personally go for curve crush in the curve line because it can be worn in all seasons and smells more complex than wave. Also, go for claiborne sport over curve original and bora bora because they smell too closely related and CS is the best of the three.

Longevity - 6/10
sillage - 6/10
scent - 7.5/10

* good for a very very tight budget but there are far better out there for a similar price.

danielmventer
danielmventer

Very fresh, clean, airy , easy linear scent. Not overpowering. After an hour you start to get a mild clean musky note.The longevity and sillage is not good which is expected out of an inexpensive fragrance like this.

Dont be fooled in thinking that this is only a citrus fragrance. It has more to offer than just a fresh citrus glass of lemonade on a hot summer day.

Tenki
Tenki

I really strangely like to wear this, as a woman. When you first put it on you kind of smell like man whore, but after it dries down it's so biting and fresh.

freedweed
freedweed

I really love this. Curve Wave was my 1st cologne purchase. I don't remember how or why though. I think is was a search of reviews on Amazon. It prompted me to try Curve Crush which I just love. Wave is a fresh easy linear scent. I'm on my second bottle which seems to smell better that the first. I will finish and replace the Crush too. I like um both. I will say the small spritzer is not the best and could pump out more juice. But it does gets the job done.

RobbieX
RobbieX

A nice bright airy fruity fresh cologne. Starts quite sweet and pretty pleasant. Then turns citrussy and a bit sour (with mint) and fresh. A good summer men's scent. Not overpoweringly strong so it's nice to spritz on throughout the day. The negative is that it's one-dimensional but it's a goodie. If this were more potent - Wave would be amongst the nicest citrusses.

BRH
BRH

I'm changing my earlier review on this one. The first small spritz seemed nice & somewhat like Burberry Summer, but after a full day of wearing it, it was really astringent & abrasive. It was very sour, but not just tart; more like rancid or spoiled fruit. Also I sprayed it on my clothes, which was a big mistake as this rancid note stayed for hours & hours. I'm guessing it's the anise note that's combining with the citrus & mint that's creating the abrasive vibe. I like citrus & mint, but the anise ruins this one for me. Anyway, some may enjoy it (it kind of reminds me of Chrome, which also has a rancid, spoiled note to me). But be sure & give it a full wearing to determine. A very small spritz of this one can be deceiving.

svillatoro
svillatoro

Not as refined as Cartier, D&G, Versace, Dior or Hermes but you receive more compliments on this than many other "luxury" scents and it is $50 or $70 less...

Worth the try!!

emilimo701
emilimo701

For a cheap cologne, it's not bad. It's much more than a citrus; it has a stringence (maybe the mint-anise combo) that makes it mysterious and not all just about the citrus. You could get away with wearing this at night. definitely a party/casual scent. I actually find it more clean and refreshing than most "summer"/"blue"/"citrus" fragrances out there (despite how boringly similar most of those type tend to be, Wave is definitely unique). Don't be a snob....give this one a try.

Yes, like the description, it reminds me of the ocean. But not mid-summer ocean. More like walking on a beach in early May or late August as it's starting to cool down.

2CentsOnScents
2CentsOnScents

Not very complex or expensive which is fine by me. Only problem I have is that I can't seem to pick this frag up much because I have so many better ones. The longevity and sillage is not great which is expected out of an inexpensive fragrance like this. Could be great for a teen because it is fresh and cheaper.
6.5 stars out of 10 Would be great for a teen looking for an inexpensive fresh frag.

Got this in a mini as a gift from my best friend and after trying it out immediately sought out a larger spray and the atomiser really broadcasts the scent more than dabbing it on out of a coffret bottle...

Simple, fresh and clean this summer(?) version of Curve is simply delicious. It starts out with watery citrus notes that have juniper (green and aromatic) blended with blue mint (softer than green) and a dash of anise. The liquid oxygen note listed above is probably the heavier 'ozone & calone' note that makes it seem airy and watery at the same time. This finishes on a sun-bleached musk note, clean and light...

Sillage: okay, airy
Longevity: typical
Overall: 3.25/5

This is an aquatic par excellance for me because it has an almost ethereal quality about it. I have worn it and thought it was gone too soon and had several people tell me how good and fresh I smelled. Its aqueous, airy and slightly spicy-green without feeling too muddled...

Curve Wave by Liz Claiborne 3.42 out of 5 based on 51 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Curve Wave fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Curve Wave, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Curve Wave by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Curve Wave by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.