Designers » L » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Graphite Blue by Realities Liz Claiborne for men

Graphite Blue by Realities Liz Claiborne for men
dislike

tobacco

Graphite Blue by Realities by Liz Claiborne is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. Graphite Blue by Realities was launched in 2007. Top notes are blue lavender, saffron and tangerine; middle notes are cypress, clary sage and cardamom; base notes are oakmoss, sandalwood, musk, tobacco blossom, vetiver and cedar.

Blue Lavender Saffron Tangerine

Cypress Clary Sage Cardamom

Oakmoss Sandalwood Musk Tobacco Blossom Vetiver Cedar

Pi Neo

Graphite Blue by Realities Fragrance Reviews

hanzaw116
hanzaw116

Before I talk about what I like about this one, allow me to complain about this. It has this trite formula that Claiborne's fragrances use for men: cedar, oakmoss and musk. This characteristic groups together the fragrance line, but it can get boring. So, give that, I'm gonna say it was expensive for a Claiborne fragrance.

I like this though. I like it very much, although I'm not sure if I love it. It smells different when it's by itself (in the cap, on a piece of paper or the sprayer itself), when it's on bare skin and when it's on clothed skin. (I don't apply it on clothes.) I smell the tangerine only when sniffing the cap. The cap also gives away the Claiborne formula that I just mentioned. On bare skin, it opens with the sharpness of the oakmoss and the spiciness keeps coming. It smells like an insence stick, not a burning one. The wood scents are always there along with the dryness of tobacco and vetiver. When you put on clothes though, the spiciness tones down and it feels more aromatic. It becomes slightly generic but it's more accommodating for the nose, too. However, this happens to be a plus; you can either wear it in the office (fully-clothed) or when you're out and about with less clothing.

It reminds me of the opening lines to the Lana Del Rey song Blue Jeans:
"Blue jeans, white shirt
Walked into the room, you know you made my eyes burn!"
But you're not some rackless gangster and your woman is more sensible and responsible than Lana Del Rey. Coz your lives are better than that song with Graphie Blue, but the fashion is there. You know what? Some leather would make this fragrance more sophisticated. Let's just add a leather jacket ourselves.

Bobster
Bobster

Say what you will about Liz Claiborne but she put out some awesome fragrances and this my friends is one of them. Longevity and projection are outstanding and when I wear it I get compliments..... It has been discontinued i believe so when you come across it don't walk but run to purchase it.

celestialstar19
celestialstar19

This cologne to me smells awesome and for a cheap price, it lasts all day drying down to a sexy close encounter. It is clean lavander smell that is very masculine and fresh. I go crazy when my boyfriend wears this. A winner for me...

ericrico
ericrico

Interesting scent and it could draw comparisons to various others out there - but I like to enjoy each scent without comparing. I like to only compare formulations of the same bottle or, possibly (if relevant) flankers. Even then, each bottle has its own place.

I bought this for next to nothing in a lot deal a couple of years ago (after smelling it at a dept. store as it was recommended by the Sales Associate, surprisingly) and I remember it was cooler weather when I received it. My notes that I had written down were "rich lavender top, nice green herbs, more lavender in the heart with some rich, earthy spices, clary sage!, light wood (cedar & sandalwood) and a finish of light musk with a touch of vetiver. Warm weather scent. Good stuff for the price." I put it away for a few months and wore it - actually getting a fair number of compliments to my surprise. It was my "sleeper" bottle. I never bothered looking up a pyramid on it or anything.

I am down to about 30-35ml of the 100ml bottle left, so it got used! I put it away and just revisited it on my upper arm today. Warm and sunny - but a perfect day, 80 degrees with a light breeze.

Looking back, I was not too far from what the scent pyramid was and I did not look at one then. This has stayed in a box for a while. And I thought about a few other scents in that box I want to use up this summer and came upon it.

This is a surprise, though. I definitely now "get" the pyramid. The saffron note is detectable and that blue lavender is lush and really carries this scent. I don't detect any citrus. The interesting notes in the heart that I like are the cardamom (spice) and the cypress. Two notes that really play well for me in fragrance (either alone - but, especially, together). However, clary sage is the key note in the heart - it lasts well into the base. It is actually very nice and keeps a smooth, light green herbal accord in place that helps the lavender carry through into the heart. Very nice.

The base has a nice light note of white moss (not oakmoss as listed) and the main notes I get are the sandalwood blended with the cedar and a white musk. The vetiver is detectable and shows well here - a clean note as well, not "rooty" (and most likely, synthetic). The clary sage is showing here - balancing the wood, musk and creating a nice, soft effect. This never gets cloying as there is a good amount of freshness throughout the entire scent.

A very decent Woody, Floral Musk that shows you a price tag is not always indicative of smell. I will say this - I do not get a strong tobacco flower accord. The clary sage is more dominant, but well-integrated. It is lighter than the vetiver and comes in towards the top of the base...right around the sandalwood and cedar. Again, the moss is not really much of a dominant note here. And for those of you who don't know, IFRA banned use of real Oakmoss prior to this being created - so white moss makes sense. The end base of this scent (late dry down) is a warm musk with wood that carries a nice aroma of lavender and light herbs/green notes from the clary sage mostly.

Hard to rate this one. I definitely put a "Like". Funny when you buy something because you spray it once at a store, remember liking it and then purchase it from the memory of a single spray.

I bought it as a casual, throw-on scent and found a bit of fondness for it...although it is somewhat synthetic, there is a distinctness to it that makes it stand out away from a lot of mainstream fragrances. In reality (sorry, too easy), this is a throw-back scent. The notes in the composition are from the 90's...and I definitely like that! Cheers.

SilverFire
SilverFire

It goes on confusedly. There is the smell of cologne, and the smell of distant flowers, but what dominates is a cold, almost metallic vetiver note that doesn’t go sour on me. I have to hand it to Graphite Blue for achieving that, because usually vetiver ends up as bug spray on me in 30 minutes flat. The general impression I get is one of distance – not a formal, sort of refined or old money kind of distance, but just emotional distance.

I’m trying this out in summer, mostly in A/C. If it was woodsier, it would be approaching gothic territory; if it was more refined, it could be a great formal scent. Graphite Blue communicates the feeling of being removed from everything and emotionless. It has fair silage for the first couple of hours, and by six hours, it has become a slightly-floral skin scent. Not long after, it is no more.

Odiee99
Odiee99

I have to say this is one of my favorite scents if not my favorite. It's just so crisp and smooth with some spiciness to it. Most fragrances don't really catch my attention like this one. It's about time for another bottle. I'm pretty sure this will be my signature scent from now on. For the price you couldn't beat that with 2 bats. Definitely check this out.

guest_David "FU-Q" Taylor
guest_David "FU-Q" Taylor

I'm wearing this right now. gotta say im a huge claiborne fan and this is my favorite by liz. Exotic to me, irresistible to the ladies...

varondandy
varondandy

the saffron,cardamom and tobacco work together handsomely. try it she will love it!, ciao!

guest_Curious
guest_Curious

How come Dolce and Gabbana have not sued!!!!, this is, if not identical, a better version of D&G Pour Homme. And at one third of its price to boot.
It is more balanced than D&G PH with a more subtle sage instead of the overpowering sage of D&G PH, and the tobacco flower note is better too.
Hip Hip Hurray Clairborne!!!!!!!

Cajungrl
Cajungrl

My girlfriend wears this, and it is wonderful! Love he sensuality of it!!

guynspfld
guynspfld

Very unexpected scent....I bought it at Marshall's as a gift and the after smelling it I had to get it for myself. Very subtle, but with a great, but not over power scent of tobacco, sandlewood, and oakmoss. Not heavy though...I must say....WORTH LOOKING FOR!

Graphite Blue by Realities by Liz Claiborne 4.08 out of 5 based on 24 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Graphite Blue by Realities fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Graphite Blue by Realities, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Graphite Blue by Realities by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Graphite Blue by Realities by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.