Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Lucky Number 6 Liz Claiborne for women

Lucky Number 6 Liz Claiborne for women
dislike

Lucky Number 6 by Liz Claiborne is a Floral fragrance for women. Lucky Number 6 was launched in 2006. Top notes are tyger lily, peony and lotus; middle notes are jasmine, tea and litchi; base notes are shiso, amber, cashmere wood and musk.

Tyger Lily Peony Lotus

Jasmine Tea Litchi

Shiso Amber Cashmere Wood Musk

Lucky Number 6 Fragrance Reviews

gjniev
gjniev

I bought this one blindly about a month ago. I immediately fell in love with it. It's warm but it's not strong or overpowering. Definitely something I would purchase again as it is my new go-to fragrance.

ChocolateandBurberry
ChocolateandBurberry

I got this stuff as a gift and I thought the bottle was very pretty! I can't say I'm a huge fan of it but I can't say that I dislike it either. It's very musky and powerful. Maybe a little too powerful for me!

sweetnorrlie
sweetnorrlie

Very nice spicy floral scent. Smell clean & fresh too. But it doesnt hold on me. Anyway, i love this fragrance. The bottle is cute.

Carnelian
Carnelian

This is a fairly dry, spicy scent. Most of the sweetness is on the initial drydown. Once at the heart, it smells very much like some little scented sachets I received from a Japanese friend that normally go into a kimono, not sure what they are correctly called. So definite Asian vibe. Through most of the wear, it's a combination of woody powder and spice, with hints of green peeking through. Something in there reminds me of Safari. I can't get much floral, until the louder notes wear off. It's pretty, if you wait to get past the initial spray. Not a heavy hitter, but I can say that it has some decent sillage, as I have had others notice the scent as I pass, and I didn't swim in it. Thankfully, the comments were positive.

browneyedmama
browneyedmama

Love it! Which reminds me, I'm getting low and need to order soon ;)

icecube
icecube

Asian smelling perfume for sure.
The cashmere wood note is quite dominant - but the lotus also shines trough (I can also smell cherryblossoms).
In my head I get a picture of an avenue of flovering cerryblossoms in springtime.
It think this perfume stands out quite a bit from the mainstream fragrances.
So I would suggest to try before you buy.

mahshid.khademi
mahshid.khademi

it received as a present to me and in the first try I feel something deep and strange. some thing in it goes to east Asia.
the lady who wears it perceived mysteriously warm and kind.

Jola 72
Jola 72

It was a blind buy ,just I liked the bottle as much I just wanted have one I don,t dislike the scent,it is lovely ,just not on my skin I like to spray it around at my home,just don,t care me about this scent as a perfume for me

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

Good for professional settings, fairly light, but noticeable enough to garner compliments. An unusually woody floriental. Cashmere Mist and Cashmere Glow lovers may like this, as there is a similarly soft woody note, with an emphasis on cashmere wood.

Although I like this, and wear it often, I am not surprised at the negative reviews. This is loaded with notes some folks don't like, or don't work well with their chemistry, such as peony, water lily, lotus, litchi, and a fairly indolic jasmine. Seriously, that is a kind of edgy combo, I don't see how folks can call it boring: it even has Shiso! On me, it is soft, spicy, and as someone else said, kind of sultry. Despite this, I mostly wear it to work, and during day, not night.

Not much projection or silage, but the longevity is okay on me, about six hours, which is fine for work. It opens with a distinctly synthetic edge that dissipates almost immediately. Need to wait awhile with this one to get to the good stuff. Nice drydown. Not sweet at all on me, but quite sweet on a friend. On me it is kind of unisex, on her, very sweet and floral.

Edit: recently got two little parfums of this. Interesting. Great woody, deeper, better projection, creamier. good for layering with the edp.

papaverine
papaverine

I bought this cause I liked the shape of the bottle, as for the scent I find myself agreeing with Moonwalker and not call it perfume.
I can't put a name on it, bad soap? hairspray? cheap men's deodorant? But not "clean", in fact quite the opposite.
I really dislike it.

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I received this as a gift from my Mom a few years back. Being unfamiliar with the name and uninterested in the notes listed on the box, I tucked it away on a shelf in the bathroom and left it there to collect dust. In the last few months, having finally become interested in the scent world outside of Bath & Body Works, I opened it and placed it on my perfume shelf in my bedroom. Strangely enough, while I still don't tend to go for scents that are quite this floral, Lucky is indeed a lovely experience. I was very pleasantly surprised upon opening my bottle, especially because I had no idea keeping scents in the bathroom was bad for them, and my bottle kept perfectly (it was probably because I kept it sealed in the wrapper).

Lucky Number 6 is, as notes and other reviewers say, a slightly spicy, soft, woodsy floral. Notes I catch in the opening stages are lotus, peony, tea, and hints of shiso and musk. It's a subtle fragrance, but sophisticated, almost sparkling in a way. Shortly after spraying jasmine is noticeable, too. The litchi is present in the heart, but so subtly so that it isn't really recognizable on its own - it gives just a hint of sweetness to round out the fragrance's floral nature. The drydown is just a bit soapy, but still fresh and very clean. It smells mostly of sandalwood to me, with mild soap. I don't normally go for soapy scents, but the effect is mild enough with this one so as to remain in the realm of perfume without crossing over into "dated bath product" (read: overly floral bar soap) territory. As others have noted, Lucky stays close to the skin. It isn't a projector, and is a safe bet for public wear. Its lasting power, however, is quite good. Lucky Number 6 is a keeper, and I feel blessed that my bottle kept until I could appreciate it.

tinyxxangel
tinyxxangel

I've loved this perfume ever since I first smelled a sample swab of it from a magazine. I've been wearing it for years, and it's become my signature.

Spicy but floral, full but not too full. It's not obnoxious or overbearing if you apply only one spritz, and it has great lasting power. Starts almost too sharp when first spritzed on, but a second or so later it settles down to be warm and comforting. It is also unique to anything else I have encountered, which I love.

So, in a few words: spicy but soft, young but mature. a pretty scent, but sassy too.

(In my opinion. :) )

Now if only I could find a good spring/summer fragrance...

knomrlse
knomrlse

This is a really good fragrance. It is so nice. It has a wonderful aroma and a wonderful ending...happy

cinema1974
cinema1974

Just a nice simple scent...It smells like tea with spice and it has a very nice down dry... It is a clean musk scent not a heavy musk...It has a white musk scent like the body shop version but put some nice light teas in it and it good to go. It a cleaner orient so it nice and balanced no problems here with this scent. Very nice and like it...Hard to find!

camaral

I had to update my review on L#6 because (after 2 years) the jasmine finally came out! And, it seemed to garner noticeable attention from a couple of guys at work. One might describe this as a "sexy librarian" scent. Perhaps I will keep it on my vanity longer this season...

mahadewi
mahadewi

Not a bad light perfume that has something a little interesting about it and is not too floral and Plain Jane. The bottle looks quite tacky, but for the price I paid I am satisfied and will wear this perfume on days where I want to feel "nice" but not stand-out from the crowd.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

On first instance it smelt like fly spray, then evaporated off my skin into nothing, couldn't smell a thing at all - so disappointing :( What a pity given that 6 is both my lucky number and my favourite number.

sheski
sheski

I bought this without trying it, based on the description of the fragrance and I was not disappointed until half an hour later. My nose is not nearly as sophisticated as most, due to life long allergies, but long periods as a child not being able to smell anything has given me a great appreciation for good smells, and Lucky No. 6 is good, refreshing, not too sweet, and somehow perky, however at halfway through a 3.4 oz. bottle I have learned that it works best on my clothes. If anyone else knows of something similar that has lasting power, I would love to know about it. (the sites 'those who like this also like,' did not help a bit)

pollyjean23
pollyjean23

The Weekender

I purchased this recently after hearing it was discontinued. I used to spritz it every time I visited Lucky Brand Jeans store in the mall. It reminded me of an old, long-discontinued Victoria's Secret fragrance (Sensual Spirit Cologne), or, at least, I thought it did. The new bottle came with an unexpected scent. I don't know if my memory just fails me or if I was testing the EDT instead of the EDP. Anyway, here's my take on what I have in my cabinet.

Lucky Number 6 is the quintessential casual weekend fragrance. It is fresh, somewhat warm, very unassuming, and easy going. It is a floral, as you can see from the notes, but the robust wood notes stand out. Lucky is interesting in that the delicate flowers, together with the lotus, could be a very plain, fragile floral, but the wood beefs things up. In fact, the wood is so prominent that some might agree that a man might be able to wear this too.

It's linear and has average persistence. I like having it around. The bottle is kinda fun too.

hlhenderson
hlhenderson

Beloved oriental comfort scent, yet there is a generic "men's cologne" or "car air freshener" that wafts by on the first spritz. If only it were a half magnitude more feminine.

I.I
I.I

It's an inexpensive perfume but I really think that one gets a lot more compared to what one pays for.
I don't find it artificial at all, at least on me.
It's softly woody and slightly green-ish on me.
It stays close to skin but lasts long on the clothes.
A really nice everyday scent, totally inoffensive, definately a safe gift. Quite unusual. I like it and use it. Low sillage and good enough/average longevity. I have much more expensive and well known perfumes that vanish quicker (on me).

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

This is such a nicely done perfume! I don't know why they ever stopped making it! It smells to me of lotus, and maybe a little jasmine and spices. It is perfect for those crisp autumn days and for snowy days. I tried wearing this in the Summer once and the heat made it smell to strong, but this is perfect for Winter. I feel so cozy when I wear it! I have the body wash and lotion too so I layer it, and it lasts over 12 hours. It is really stunning, and if you like Orientals you really need to try this! This is my signature scent.

camaral

I comprehend this fragrance so much more after reading other reviews.
Cinnamon, lotus, orange peel, cashmere wood, lily- yes! However, I don't pick up the jasmine.
The mystery spice that many of us are trying to guess might well be coriander...or clove..or both. I just pilfered through my cupboards trying to find either spice independent of the other, and couldn't. There is a quality to it that is a teensy bit (just a whisper) like White Linen. Is that aldehyde?
For me, this fragrance is specifically for the holidays- then, back in the box until next year.
It doesn't stay long at all on the skin. However, it has longevity for days if sprayed on clothes or in your hair.
Think fireplace, turtleneck, glass of wine.

dame piglet
dame piglet

Revision: (will I have to revise all my reviews due to the change in seasons? Maybe!)
OK, now that it's cold here, I revisited my mini-bottle of this fragrance, and it still opens with the almost tart scent of freshly cut wood with a bit of warm spice, but the dry-down was much more feminine this time and one word struck me: SULTRY!
Don't judge this fragrance by it's opening notes! It certainly evolves.
I don't get any aldehydes - if I did, I'd certainly wash it right off, as I don't like that type of fragrance. As this one dries, the white florals become slightly more detectable, but the mingling of lotus with the wood scent make this a seductive scent on me. It has a slight powdery edge to it, but it's not overtly powdery - just enough to give it an air of elegance.
In 2 words, this fragrance is sultry and elegant on me.
I don't know about sillage, but it lasts for several hours in cold, dry weather.
*** end revision ***

The bottle implied something different than the juice inside played out on my skin. The bottle looks positively girly IMHO, with the little flowers and such.

The fragrance inside opens quite woody & spicy - I wasn't sure if I wanted to wash it off or not. I'm glad I didn't, though, because it ended up being a fresh, almost soapy, woody scent upon dry-down. I find it refreshing and pleasant.

Although this doesn't smell like Bath & Body Works Juniper Breeze, it gives me the same clean, woody, nearly-unisex feeling on me. If you like that type of scent, I think you should give this modern-smelling cutie a try.

My skin drinks it right in, though, so it doesn't last very long on me. But I think it is certainly worth a try.

soulflwr
soulflwr

Nice fresh floral woody musk. And it might be the type of clean smell men like as well. My fiance stopped and sniffed me and then actually gave his opinion of it, unsolicited :-0. Thats a first....chanel, tocca, guerlain never get a peep!

jillrp
jillrp

The most captivating and unique oriental fragrance I've smelled. It is a little bit spicy but not overpowering at all, which makes it perfect for day or night use. It just smells so deep and foreign - I imagine I am in a Shanghai mystery set in the 20s/30s whenever I wear this. Beautiful scent, have loved it for years!

this stays so close to my skin i can barely smell a thing.i don't really care for the wood note in this either. its not really offensive, but i don't think its right for me. at the start its very sharp, almost sour-like. then it turns slightly and i mean very slightly sweet/floral, but it basically just disappears altogether. not a favorite at all. i like the bottle a lot better than whats inside.

Shimone
Shimone

I found this to be very soapy on me.....will trade!
Please inbox.....

Martyna
Martyna

On my skin this was really, really creamy and light. Slightly sweet but most of all very soft and I must say that also quite 'comforting'. I don't find it soapy or spicy at all. Rather makes me think of a moisturising milk with a sweet floral scent. I don't get any wood on my skin after applying this.

I don't know whether it is just because of the bottle but it really gave me an impression of something inspired by the far East. Hard to explain it, but there just seems to be a certain oriental quality to it.

It is not very complex and actually smells quite familiar but it is still very nice. The longevity and sillage are not very good on my skin. It was pretty much gone after about 4 hours.

MustangAnnie
MustangAnnie

Unique and different sort of fragrance. I think Bath and Body Work's Japanese Cherry Blossom copied this fragrance. Smells good - more on the oriental side to me but still fresh and not overpowering. Maybe paired with the BBW JCB lotion would be a nice touch. Will need to repurchase this as i recall really liking this for cooler months.

StarMagix
StarMagix

I am liking this fragrance very much lately. It is an easy to wear scent with hints of Christmas, if that makes sense. I can smell spice, orange, and maybe even cinnamon on myself once it sinks in. it is a very calming and soothing scent, not offensive, or over powering in any sense of the words. I feel so cozy & comfortable no matter if I am in my night gown or jeans. I love this fragrance most when fresh out of the shower and ready to slip into a lovely nightie, but I also love the way it makes me feel all dressed up and out the door to Mass. It has a lovely clean quality to it, not overly floral, but spicy in a very good way.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

For a low cost fragrance, this one's not bad! It's soft, spicy, light, clean, fresh, soapy, non-offensive. In the opening there's a sharp, synthetic note that bothered me (perhaps the cashmere wood), but it soon calms down. A good unisex everyday scent with about 4 hour longevity and decent sillage. My husband liked it, and he usually doesn't comment on perfume (he thought it smelled "clean"). Nice for the price - you can get a 3.4 oz. bottle for $5 to $10 on ebay, yet it doesn't smell cheap. Good deal!

stacycov
stacycov

I love this fragrance and I agree it is slightly spicy and oriental.

nshyng
nshyng

So fresh, So clean

Dreams828
Dreams828

This is a nice inexpensive perfume when you just want something light and clean. Not offensive and stay close to your skin. The opening is spicy floral, almost like ginger and white florals on my skin...and the drydown is lotus and cashmere-wood. I love it! Staying power is not that great though, only 3-4 hours. This is one of my "comfort" scent now :)

AmandaK
AmandaK

I got this as a sample my first day working at Macy's. I was drawn to its strange beauty instantly. The lovely bottle design also helps. One of the first perfumes I ever bought for myself.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Hmm. Not sure about this one.

I'm more of an oriental-lover & I remain picky about florals, but this walks the line between the two...& yet it doesn't move me at all.

The flowers are a mixed bunch giving an overall impression of light, bright, warm muskiness with a white-heat of spice & a dry woodsy base. It is not a heavy scent & so remains polite & well-behaved throughout its limited life.

On my skin, it becomes a touch of ashtray (an empty one, but an ashtray none-the-less) mixed with the hairspray C3C mentions. A laundry smell melds into the mix.

On my skin it is odd, but forgettable.

Sheva
Sheva

I first smelled this on a magazine and it came across as something I'd like to have for days when I just want to smell clean and ordered it. And as others have noted, the drydown is very soft and clean.

Also, this has been a good pregnancy scent for me as it was not offensive to my crazy sense of smell.

renaelafae
renaelafae

This scent is a bit off putting at first, like other reviewers have noted it smells a bit on the cheap side. However, if you wait for 10 min or so it settles down into a pleasant maybe boring scent. Like slightly scented soap, not overpowering to say the least.

c3c
c3c

Interesting scent. It reminds me of a pleasant smelling hairspray, with a slight soapy aspect. Very clean and fresh, but also softly sweet and floral. The hairspray quality fades with time but remains in the background. Still as strange as it is to me, I can't help but like it. It has a very light and feminine quality.

moonwalker
moonwalker

Not my cup of tea...I can´t really detect any note or smell...too sharp, too overpowering, too spicey.. There are other perfumes that I don´t like but this one I wouldn´t even call a "perfume". Well at least that´s how it reacts with my body chemistry...I bought this one unsniffed, and I would gladly give it away...

rinkybabycmh
rinkybabycmh

smells like soap to me, maybe its my dull sense of smell. Bottle is pretty though.

augustana_evangeline
augustana_evangeline

Interesting smell - it smells like jasmine incense. The jasmine is very pronounced, so if you don't like jasmine, stay away. Definitely Oriental Floral!! It's very good, actually, but i would recommend it for someone at least in her twenties. It's not exactly a "young" perfume.

However, on my skin it smells very linear; maybe my chemistry isn't right for it to develop.

Oh, and the bottle feels very sturdy, but you might want to keep the cap ornament in a separate place. it gets in the way a lot.

I really would like to try this...i would like to tell you guys that just because you can't smell it on yourself doesn't mean others can't ...it means it suits you apparently ! :)

knics33
knics33

I recently got a bottle of Lucky #6 and I have to say... I am very impressed. This scent is a clean, slightly sweet, soapy jasmine- very refreshing. It is a little bland/one dimensional, but bland doesn't necessarily = bad or cheap to me. Sometimes it is nice to have a simple fragrance on. After wearing and smelling this a few times I finally figured out what this sort-of reminds me of... L de Lolita Coral Flower. It has that same incense-ish smell that I happen to love. I also get a good amount of the Jasmine. If woody orientals are your thing, then you will surely appreciate this fragrance. Also, the bottle does not look cheap in real life (as it looks to me in pictures). It is heavy and made of glass. I am not to crazy about the string with beads on it that you have to remove to spray it, though. Overall, this is a great scent for any season, but would be great during fall.

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

I have to give an update. This smelled so good on my daughter that I had to give it another try. It is really good.I get the florals and the woods. Just a really clean smelling perfume.I love the bottle.

holly13
holly13

My lucky number is 5 but I thought i would give this lucky 6 a try.

It is just a basic flowery perfume, nothing remarkable. I tend to avoid spicy prefume.

Malegria
Malegria

At first, I thought it smelled rather cheap and sourish. But after 10 minutes it became kind of interesting...I liked the woodsy note, could not feel much nymphea and the white flowers blended very well.However - though it is a well balanced, soft oriental fragrance, it is utterly forgettable and indistinct.Like a pleasant smelling soap, it creates a war mist of scent on your skin - but you will not be noticed. It is a shy scent.

eljayebee
eljayebee

I like spicy orientals, so I like this very much. You can often get this real cheap at T.J Maxx. My only problem with this (and it's a deal breaker) is the TOTAL lack of lasting power on me, even in the EDP. I can smell it on my clothes and even on my bedsheets if I've put it on before retiring, but my skin just eats it up within minutes. Too bad, cause it's nice.

christina~xoxo
christina~xoxo

way too spicy and oriental for me..

mwater1
mwater1

At first sniff, I didn't like it. I did like the bottle so I bought it because of the bottle and it was on sale for $9. I had to try it once. I have to say I was extremely glad I tried it. It worked well with my chemistry. I don't normally like spicy/woody scents, but I enjoyed this one.

snobuni77
snobuni77

This is spicy but its not to my taste.A little too much wood & spice together for me.
I tried a spray on my arm & had to wash it off after an hour or so

sharyssa
sharyssa

I don't even know how to describe this but I would say it smells soft and a little spicy but it reminds me of deseo a bit.I do like it but when my bottle is finished I probly wouldn't buy this again.It is a plain scent.

kay_li13
kay_li13

I saw a large bottle of this for $8. I'm so glad I didn't buy it. It's strong and very woody and spicy. I was tempted by the bottle, what can I say? For people who like spicy fragrances, this would be great. Just not for me.

I loved this in the department store. Rich, layered, modern, it was many things at once without being muddled or messy. Unfortunately, I was smelling the EdP and what I bought was the EdT, which is far less dense and much more sneezy on the wood notes. In the end, it's a spicy oriental and it works on my sister, but not so much on me. She gets the rich layering. I get the thinly lacquered sneeze-inducing wood notes.

falovalo
falovalo

Light on the spice and non intrusive. It's a nice cold weather fragrace. I think even those who arn't fans of orientals would like this, because to me, it smells more like an oriental floral. It's a very light scent and not very long lasting.

mackie
mackie

One of my favorites. It doesn't have a complex smell but the sweet/spicy flowery smell is enjoyable. The hint of cashmere woods seems to bring the other notes together nicely. This is more of a younger/modern scent, compared to others but not overbearing.

pimpnazt
pimpnazt

Perhaps the only thing I hate is the spray top -- it feels cheap and I've lost it as a result. Other than that, this is all about the spicy oriental vibe. I like it.

2007
Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

Very nice slightly spicy floral. I usually reserve this for evening dinner's out and about.

2007

Lucky Number 6 by Liz Claiborne 3.51 out of 5 based on 188 ratings and 59 user reviews

Lucky Number 6 Sample by Liz Claiborne, .06 oz Vial sample for Women
Lucky Number 6 Perfume by Liz Claiborne - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Lucky Number 6 Perfume by Liz Claiborne - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Lucky Number 6 Cologne by Liz Claiborne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed
Lucky Number 6 Cologne by Liz Claiborne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray unboxed

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Lucky Number 6 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Lucky Number 6, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lucky Number 6 by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lucky Number 6 by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.