Designers » L » Oriental « Groups

Lucky Number 6 for Men Liz Claiborne for men

Lucky Number 6 for Men Liz Claiborne for men
dislike

Lucky Number 6 for Men by Liz Claiborne is a Oriental fragrance for men. Lucky Number 6 for Men was launched in 2006. The fragrance features sandalwood, plum, neroli, green notes, woody notes, spicy notes and amber.

Sandalwood Plum Neroli Green Notes Woody Notes Spicy Notes Amber

Lucky Number 6 for Men Fragrance Reviews

Old Werewolf
Old Werewolf

I tried this again today after leaving it on the shelf for a few years. I didn't care for it when I first got it, but I like it now. (I have quit smoking since the last time I tried it). It has an unusal opening note which I attribute to the plum. It reminds me of my grandmother's house when she was making preserves. The dry down is very nice. The Sandalwood and spices blend with amber to make a very pleasant ending. It stays on for about 8 hours. I will use it. I'm glad I decided to try it again before getting rid of it.

lou6
lou6

If you love the smell Farenheit by dior but way more subtle, this is for you!

Pat Bateman
Pat Bateman

A recent blind buy for myself, and I was not disappointed. While it is not in my top 10 of my collection, it is definitely worth having especially when I got it so cheaply. It will surprise many who purchase blindly as I did. A great benefit to my collection.

Ryanmmas26
Ryanmmas26

After 1st initial wearing this reminds me of a more mature,sweet curve. I loved curve for a while but soon got tired of it. If I had found this frag at the time I was looking for a replacement this frag would have been perfect. In my fragrance journey at this point tho its very pleasant but after smelling things like Aventus,New Haarlem,Green Irish Tweed and things like that this cologne is only ok. Its still very pleasant though(EXCEPT for the opening which is horrid and almost caused me to immediatly wash this off) and im sure people will enjoy this.

It has an old school 90's smell thats sweet,clean and slightly warm. Kind of a strange smell but strange in a good way.

Id rate this a 6.75 out of 10 ! SO FAR(This may change after spending some time with this)

After wearing this its pretty simple. Like I said its got the 90's feel and after giving it a full wearing I know what this reminds me of. Its like a more mature,sweet curve mixed with a toned down Fahrenheit. I do really like this scent and I know this is going to be a scent that the more I wear it the more im going to like it. Its great for the price but it does have some downfalls.

And those cons are performance. It only lasts 4 hours with very soft projection. People are probably only going to be able to smell you in passing and if there really close. But for those reasons it would be great for the office or just going out to run errands.

Versatility isnt exactly its strong point either. Because of its warmth and spices I dont see it being good in the summer and because of the scent strength I dont see this lasting or even being detectable in the winter. So really this will only be good for the cooler months(Spring and Fall)

My rating still stands. Really pleasing scent for a really good price but this isnt all that versatile and has below average performance

I want to give it a higher rating because it is unique as well as smelling pleasant but this just doesnt have the performance

Rating.... 6.75 out of 10 !!!

xoxoMyke
xoxoMyke

This is a fun, light leathery fragrance.

Here's a funny story about this Lucky 6... One afternoon at work, an intimidating and stoic security guard flagged me down and complimented me on this fragrance. This is the same security guard who has barely acknowledged my presence for the past 8 months and couldn't be bothered to respond to my morning greetings. Normally, I'm not swayed by compliments, but I thought that was awesome!

ON TO THE REVIEW:
I bought this based on reports that Lucky 6 had a fruity, cherry syrupy accords to it... and it doesn't. Some reviews even claim there is clear pineapple and plum notes. I don't smell either of those.

However, there is an extremely tamed, very-non-descript sweet note (I'm guessing this is an attempt at a plum/fruit note).

It opens up with a burst of gentle spices, faint green notes, and the obscure sweet note. After a few minutes, the fragrance hits a leather stage where maintains a leather with gentle spices. It's strange since leather isn't listed, but there is a clear leather accord framed by the spices.

This could work as an inexpensive alternative to Fahrenheit fans.

While the packaging is fun (such a gorgeous bottle!), the fragrance is not memorable. It's not a fragrance I reach for often. As inexpensive as it is, there are much more better options available when it comes to quality, low price fragrances.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Well...it's okay---nothing special---and good for the price. I like it, but I was disappointed with the flat-plum note which is nothing like the plum note you're find in fragrances such as juicy Atelier Vetiver Fatal and Gold Leather.

This one smells as though McDonald's were to make a plum jelly, spread it all over the parking lot, and then wait a week for it to bake in the hot sun. I can think of a lot of better inexpensive fragrances that I would reach for before this one.

This fragrance sits pretty soft and lasts about 4-6 hour on my skin.

sifone
sifone

A relaxed version of the sleeper curve soul.

Redbeard
Redbeard

I remember this being a strange and confusing beast when I tried it the first few times. It starts out as a pleasantly fruity wood with spices, and without much of the usual alcohol onslaught I'd expect for this price range. Even though one note stings my nose, and the fruit is a bit like strawberry (both of which should be dealbreakers for me), the combination of spices is just how I like it, so I bravely sniff onwards. I'm a bit disappointed when the strawberry turns more to cherry, as so often happens, but the wood and spices still keep my attention. By the base, I don't find as much sharpness or overripeness in the fruit as in most others, so for its price it's worth looking into if you like fruity scents. It also still maintains a bit of the refreshing aspect that so many others lose after the first few minutes...maybe some violet is what's prompting the comparisons to Fahrenheit and GF? Finally I get some vanilla, many hours into the base.

leFemale72
leFemale72

We all need more of scents like this,very special one,I loved it so much.So sensitive and dark at the same time.Bring it back,please...PLEASE...

2AngelsDaddy
2AngelsDaddy

Great juice, cool bottle, very mysterious. Very versatile sent and like a chameleon can fit in anywhere.

FrozanKaos
FrozanKaos

one of my favs, love the bottle design,
lasts around 4 hours on my skin. great summer scent imo. Also good when you just want to relax.

pravda48
pravda48

As the reviewer below me said, it's synthetic but nice. (As I find w/ all the Curve fragrances for men by Liz.) On me it was a lot of sandalwood and some synth- but inviting- spiced plum. I'm not sure I'll buy it as I'm really hesitant to FB a male scent (since I don't wear them often), but I'll definitely finish my sample.

Good sillage, no need to bring my wrist near my nose to smell it. Lasted about 4 hours on me but I didn't use much from my 1ml sample.

McDreamy
McDreamy

Unique and powerful scent... sort of synthetic pomegranate/spice/oriental, but nice. I can smell it on me all day.

It's also relatively cheap, and comes in a pretty darn cool bottle. It might be a bit overpowering for certain men, but I happen to like wearing this when I want to smell and feel a bit different. Some teenagers might like this stuff as well, since it is sort of reminescent of the artificial stuff like Axe (but MUCH nicer, in my opinion!)

Women mostly like or love it, but some seem puzzled when I ask them what it smells like. It is hard to describe. It's NOT a "musk" scent, but is somehow in that category almost. I definitely don't overdo this one... just one or two sprays is enough.

A good scent for a date, but perhaps not for every day in the office (though I wear it there occasionally). If you wear it to church, you might cause a good girl to think sinful thoughts, or else to wrinkle her nose (depending on how good she really is, I suppose).

One of my favorites, but the hardest one for me to rate. Maybe a 7 on a normal day, or a 9 when I am in the groove. So let's give it a 8. It's unique, and I say dang it, I likes it.

Recommended as a gift for the adventursome male, or one who has too many normal scents in his medicine cabinet. Probably not for grandpa or lawyers (I'm kidding!)

AZJeff
AZJeff

This cologne is nice. It isn't one of my favorites. Nice design on bottle and color of bottle I like also. It's one I like to put it on when I go shopping. I didn't know originally til today that it's an Oriental class in fragrance. I like the spice/wood notes in it. I bought this cologne on impulse buy without even trying a sample of it first. I thought about weeding through my colognes and getting rid of this one. I may decide to keep it and decant samples of it for whoever wants one.

amore9111
amore9111

Similar to hypnose by lancom but in synthetic chemical way ...longivity about 3 hrs ...overall 3/10

Back when this was released, I was walking through the fragrance department of a major store and randomly sniffed this bottle. I was immediately reminded of an old boyfriend in the way you remember people with fuzzy, warm fondness that probably never existed. It smelled like I wanted all boyfriends to smell forever. Anyway, I mistook it for the female version and bought the Lucky #6 for Her. NOT the same thing. After years, I stumbled across this again for pocket change and grabbed a bottle. Well, it's still gorgeous. Even though it's clearly a men's scent, bracing, fresh, strong, it also has warm, dense solid notes that just make me want to lean on a man. I love this. I'll wear it myself if I can't talk my husband into wearing it. While it's never going to be ground-breaking in it's composition, it might end up being a staple in a man's cupboard. Excellent fragrance.

awitherspoonii
awitherspoonii

I'm blind buying this one hopefully it will be good I really like the green lucky you for men so I have high hopes will leave a review when I get it :) stoked

update: ok so i recieved mine in the mail i love the bottle and it smells nice I'm more into aquatics i new in buying this it wasn't that but I would def. wear it but the longevity is terrible like I can't smell it at all like a couple of min after i spray it :( but It looks good on my shelf :)

ericrico
ericrico

I bought this bottle based upon reviews...it was cheap and I thought the flacon was pretty handsome.

Surprise, surprise. Knightz (as pointed out by flannelman), is spot on with his review of the notes, composition and the olfactory breakdown.

My boys (who take Taekwon-do and have a passion for scent) saw it and I gave a few sprays each to them - they loved it! We call it "The Dragon". Although it is rather light in depth - the notes are very nice (albeit a touch synthetic - but that doesn't bother me). I love the plum note, which gives this a nice opening and heart along with the neroli. Knightz's review touches on a lot more notes, which are in this bottle. Definitely oriental in vibe, smell and visually (from the flacon) - but imminently wearable and just a fun, very decent bottle of juice for the price. The longevity isn't there, but just apply more!

My boys like it so much (and were borrowing it all the time), so I ended up surprising my older with a big bottle (100ml) and my younger one with a smaller (50ml) bottle - which he wanted. Among their growing wardrobe, those two bottles sit in the middle.

How does a scent this inexpensive get a 4/5 rating here on Fragrantica from 80 people scoring it? Simple - it is a solid frag and one I recommend to anyone who wants a nice, fresh oriental with a little uniqueness that they can spritz on and go - wearable year-round, day or night. My rating is "like" and I won't give a score out of 10, but a recommendation to buy blind. This is something just nice to have around. Great scent for out of the shower...and into the bed with your lover.

Cheers.

libraye
libraye

Yummy...Delicious palm mix woody notes.Perfect combination!

I just got a 5ml sample from a supermarket as a gift and it looked like a tacky cheap stuff which usually being sold in a inferior store.So I did not pay too much attention about it but it truely amazed me after I try it.

Honestly the top note is too rich, harsh and not attractive at all.But after 1h later it turned to be something fruity and natural that really cheered me up.And the drydown is not as bad as I imagined at first.

Ironically it reminds me of a shampoo that I used and the longevity is average.

twlahue
twlahue

alot of people might be upset with me saying this, but i think that this is similar to Creed Aventus.

not quite as good, but for something so cheap, that is pretty amazing.

caliking
caliking

who would of thought that oriental

and fresh could actually go together

this is very handsome! and Dapper, Indeed

smells dark (just like the bottle)

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

my husband use to have this and it's driving my crazy !!! veryvery clean and sexy, floral-fruity, not sweet but very juicy.
it's spriding soft trails as yummmy to bite ! for the selfconfident man who doesn't need to underline his masculinity with harsh spicy scents. definiitely a winner !

oh yeah, he told me girls on work are complimenting too!

the bottle is soooo nice, wish there was one for woman out there like this.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

the bottle is great! & yes this is a nice fragrance 4 the price! u cant go wrong here. altho its not 1 of my favorites.. but I dont hate it either.. i will go inbetween on this one!

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

the bottle is beautiful
i believe the fragrance has been discontinued, or that's in the works
i love the bottle so much i will decant other fragrances into it when it's empty

i highly recommend the fragrance itself for the price
very nicely crafted with quite a bit of the unexpected
wears away quickly
cheap enough to keep re-applying

umraman
umraman

Frankly speaking, the opening is a lot like Hypnose by Lancome but the dry down is different. The bottle is nice, looks like some sort of chines antidote or smethin like that.

7seven7
7seven7

I was given a lot of free spritz vials of this cologne to give to my boyfriend, who is my husband now. He used it frequently, so I decided to buy him the whole bottle a year later when I saw it at TJ MAxx for $10. One of the cheapest yet best smelling colognes for men. The bottle looks beautiful, and the smell is complex and inviting.

I like that is is not too light or too strong. Oriental is my favorite fragrance as well. Even though I don't like cigarette smoking, it mingles well with the smell of tobacco on him. He is quitting this year fortunately.

andy
andy

tested it nice run definately a nice sandalwood patchouli drydown thats very exotic and great woodsy freshness but it smells like something i already have THAT LASTS MUCH LONGER and smells better

i would say this is a good BASIC cologne its definately a nice casual wear frag with a nice smell

flannelman
flannelman

Well well well... Isn't this an amusing little fragrance! And I mean this in the best possible terms. I was first attracted to it by the design of the bottle and its oriental feel, which I like. Many of the notes are personal favourites of mine such as plum, geranium and tonka beans. And as it's so reasonably priced, I saw no reason not to treat myself.

The number 6 in mandarin chinese is pronounced "liu" and is associated with luck because it sounds like another chinese word meaning flowing, or smooth, without friction. The box in which the perfume comes in is quite nice, as boxes go. A dark grey background with some golden decorations and a red dragon on the front. The same dragon is printed in black on the sides of the box. The amusing part though, is on the back. There, in gold, is printed this: "The scent of success belongs to you. Become a man of magnetism and mystery. Wear this exotic essence of neroli, hydroponic plum and sandalwood... and an air of prosperity will be yours". It's a little bit daft of course, but it made me smile. And when was the last time any form of packaging did so!? ;-)

So how does Lucky 6 smell? For this, let me just point you to knightz's review, which is spot on — I couldn't agree more. The fragrance is light, very well made, and the notes compliment each other. It's fruity but not too sweet. It's fresh but the suede and tonka add some depth and richness. And as already mentioned, it's just perfect for relaxed/casual circumstances.

I don't know if Lucky 6 will give me an air of prosperity or make me lucky, but I'll keep wearing it even if it does not. In that case I will just rename it "Happy 6" because of its joyful light-heartedness.

knightz
knightz

Top: Bergamot, Neroli, Pineapple, Watery Notes

Heart: Suede Accord, Plum, Geranium, Gingerlily, Nutmeg

Dry Down: Cashmeran, Tonka Bean, Amber, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Musk

Very, very nice scent. This is the only scent I have that lists a pineapple note and I can actually smell pineapple in it. The opening is bergamot and neroli that is sweetened by fruity pineapple. The neroli is not intense in this. It's a fairly linear fragrance, and is joined right away by a rich plum and a floral accord, including geranium (a favorite floral of mine), that is spiced up with light nutmeg.

The whole scent is on the light, but rich, side and it does have some projection due to a light suede accord, tonka, and sandalwood coming from the base. There is a light cedar note in the base, but Lucky Number 6 is not a woody scent so the cedar is only a background note.

I think it could be used as a romantic or date scent because it is always pleasant when sniffed up close. I don't smell any amber or musk although it's supposed to have those. Very well mixed, a unique scent. Too fruity for business, it's casual for relaxed days or evenings. Well done.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I originally purchased this fragrance for the bottle. I like Japanese or Asian influence art work. I enjoy having this bottle out on display and guest will comment more on the bottle than the fragrance. The fragrance is nice, light and somewhat generic. It does warm up to a welcoming sensual notes.
Update (08/2011): This scent has become one of my favorites. From time to time, I choose a couple of me scent to give to my father, my bother-in-law and my 3 nephews. Each time I pick this scent up, I spray it and decide I can not give this one away. It is a nice surprise each time I pick up the bottle.

Lucky Number 6 for Men by Liz Claiborne 3.86 out of 5 based on 147 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Lucky Number 6 for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Lucky Number 6 for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lucky Number 6 for Men by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lucky Number 6 for Men by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.