Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Lucky You Liz Claiborne for women

Lucky You Liz Claiborne for women
dislike

Lucky You was launched by the design house of Liz Claiborne in 2000. It is a refreshing flowery fragrance with the notes of grapefruit, fresh green notes, light floral notes, jasmine, poppy, sandalwood, amber and musk.

It is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Grapefruit Green Notes Floral Notes Jasmine Red Poppy Sandalwood Amber Musk

Lucky You for Women
Clean Skin
Pop pour Femme

Lucky You Fragrance Reviews

michellecf
michellecf

Lucky You. Well, lucky me actually for having discovered this wonderful and budget friendly perfume many years ago. In fact, this was one of my first perfumes ever, and a high school signature scent. Now I like to wear other fragrances as well, but this is still one of my top four perfumes for sure. Lucky You is very sweet, citrusy, and floral. Actually, it is very hard to distinguish individual notes, but I definitely pick up nondescript sweetness and flowers. Uncomplicated and easygoing, Lucky You is something I throw on when going to school, the mall, running errands, etc. A great choice for casual daily wear.

Chiquis
Chiquis

Lucky You will always hold a place in my heart. In 2000 I was a sophomore in high school and Lucky You was the first bottle of perfume that I purchased once I had my own money to upgrade from Bath and Body Works body sprays. Most girls wore Ralph by Ralph Lauren or Tommy Girl, but I wanted to be different. Lucky You came out and I was in love. I’m sure it’s been reformulated and watered down, but I smelled some a few weeks ago… It smells exactly like Clean's Skin. In fact, in my review for Clean Skin I wrote: “This smells JUST like Lucky You. Clean, feminine skin scent that is perfect for everyday wear and summertime heat. However, do yourself a favor and spend $18 for a 3.4 oz (100 ml) bottle of Lucky You instead of $69 for 2.14 oz of Clean Skin... They smell the same and have equal staying power. Then thank me later.”

I stand by my statement.

I really can’t imagine Lucky You offending anyone. It’s been around for 14 years, but isn’t dated. It has a clean, “shampoo-y” smell that is popular with today’s fragrances. It just doesn’t last very long.

KeriB1982
KeriB1982

My first imprssion of this scent after I sprayed this scent was that it reminded me of fresh cut grass, very green. The drydown (on me) happened fairly quickly, and to tell the truth, I didn't care for the powdery smell of it at first. After a while I began to realize why it smelled semi-familiar to me- it smells like the roller rink! I have no idea why, but it brings me back to my days when I would spend countless hours at my favorite roller rink. I couldn't begin to describe it in terms of notes, but to me, it smells comforting.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

If you like Skin by Clean but feel it's too warm to wear when temperatures reach a certain degree outside, then this would be a great substitute. They smell alot alike in the drydown.

This starts off a little citrus-y from the pink grapefruit and is also kind of green smelling, much like how Daisy Eau So Fresh (btw, that's another fave of mine) opens, but this stage doesn't last very long. Soon, the florals come in that gets sweetened by the amber. This is where it just starts to smell like Skin by Clean. Musk then comes in to complete this scent making it a "your-skin-but-better" type fragrance just like Skin.

The difference between the two fragrances besides the opening (Skin opens with a sweet honey-dew melon note) is that this one is lighter because it's an EDT. That makes it more suitable for warm weather while Skin by Clean is better suited for cool weather as it's a bit heavier and warmer smelling being an EDP.

This is suitable anywhere including the office. It doesn't scream, it whispers. It's subtle, but definitely there. People have to be close, like sitting next to you, in order to smell it.

What are the odds that I could find two scents that are very much alike, but one being suitable for warm weather and the other for cool weather so I can wear and enjoy this scent year-round? Plus, men just love these two scents on me. I've been told that on me, they smell quite sexy, seductive, and alluring....

Lucky me! ;)

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

This is one I really wanted to like. I've tried it several times, but every time there is just something I don't like about it. On me I smell an artificial, strong rose scent, followed by lots of powder. I usually like powder scents, but obviously not this one. This scent is harsh on me and almost headache inducing. I actually like the bottle and that it is pink, but other than that it's just not for me. I gave my bottle to my daughter, and I don't think she wears it either.

YogaRose
YogaRose

This reminds me of spring break college girls in the year 2000 because it was very popular then and I was a college girl in spring break too though I didn't own it then. Mine then was Strawberries and Champagne by Victoria's Secret. I have it now as it was a gift and wear it casually on weekends and spend the day outdoors. I find it sporty. It's pleasant as it has that clean shower type scent, if that is what you like.

Lazereyes
Lazereyes

I got this as a gift in a roller ball stick form(if that makes sense)from my mother 2 years ago for Christmas. Not a bad scent at all and very good for work. Lasts a good while, fresh, simple and not over powering. It's a good standby.

negasarah
negasarah

This is a basic scent appropriate for work in my opinion. I wore quite a bit to work and 9 hours later I can still smell it. On me it's smells like I just took a shower in a house where everybody is smoking inside, fresh but smokey at the same time. When I first put it on I smelled similar but more crisp and citrusy. Though this could be a daily wear for some it will be an every once in a while wear for me.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Nice scent for those days your not doing anything. I use to wear the hell out of this in high school..I still have a bottle in my collection for nostalgic reasons but once this bottle runs out i will not re-purchase..my sister loves fruity scents (her fav Britney Spears midnight fantasy)and she HATE THIS..she told me it smelled like a scented feminine pad SMH

Ladyofthe80s
Ladyofthe80s

LOVE this fragrance!! Just bought a small bottle of the edt and it smells fabulous!! I can definitely detect fruity; floral notes that are very bright and dominant, and I've noticed that this has great longevity. Very happy with my purchase. :o)

tastetherainbow87
tastetherainbow87

My sister has this it's smell great on her it's loud so don't bath in it lol

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

this perfume is not my thing. i used to wear it years ago .. about 10 years ago to be exact. there is this one note that smells dirty like a sweaty/sweet gross smell. blehhh.

amandajane
amandajane

I keep Lucky You perfume in my glove box, it is a great car air freshener. I get compliments from people all the time about my car smelling so good.

I have allergies, and I really can't stand any type of commercial air fresheners, so I prefer to buy quality perfumes that are low cost and use them in my car and in my house to freshen the air.

I used to love Luck You when I was in High School, but now it is much better suited to keeping my car fresh.

Does anyone else enjoy using lower cost perfumes to fragrance there car or home???

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This was so expensive when i bought it years ago, i think i paid $70 and it was on sale. my bottle lasted a long time and i did get lots of compliments on it. it is very light and crisp, it smells like a refined Watermelon scent on me, its watery and sweet but not age sensitive (too young and sugary or too old and strong) I may purchase a small bottle again someday. Its def a daytime scent. Imagine cuting into watermelon rinds (the green part) or cucumber on a marina.. thats what it smelled like to me and on me.

aaamber
aaamber

I really like this perfume its not to strong and its sells cheap at walmart. I would definitly buy this again.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

I remember wearing this years ago. This is the perfect daytime scent. To me, this is like a "cologne" for women if you can understand. It's the equivalent to a man's cologne but made for women. NICE!

aqua76239
aqua76239

I remember smelling this in a magazine when it first came out and thinking"this is nice, I have to try this". Never got around to it until last week when I got a tiny bottle of pure perfume. I really LOVE the scent-its very light sweet watery floral with a very slight powder note. As radchick said, very nice and feminine scent which in my opinion is suitable for all ages and occasions. I agree that its somewhat generic its I like it.
However, I could barely smell it and I have parfum which is the strongest concentration. Maybe it was sitting there a while and potency have died down? I don't know so I am wanting to try edt or something because its really a lovely scent.
P.S I disagree that it resembles the Spirit of Moonflower(or whatever its name is)from Body Shop. I owned that one and its much more floral and not as sweet, not even close to Lucky

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

I've tried this fragrance and to me it's just blah. It isn't offensive but it isn't interesting either.

Jlopez15
Jlopez15

LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Kind of powdery, but not too powerful. It doesn't last very long... I find myself constantly spraying it, but it's all good because it smells fantastic:)

jiminy_kittens
jiminy_kittens

This is a very nice perfume for someone that likes simple scents. It smells "good". It's very powdery but in a clean way. It reminds me of being in the 9th grade since it was all I could afford. :)Overall, it's a nice perfume for the price.

nikkic78
nikkic78

Nice everyday scent. I remember it as sweet, powdery, soft. It worked very well with my chemistry. It felt like it was part of me. I wanted to make it my signature but like Glow...found at Target/Walmart. Nothing wrong with that but not my idea of a "signature". I loved it but had to keep looking.

browneyes55
browneyes55

The new Addition to the CLEAN fragrance line is called SKIN and it smells like Lucky You but it may be better! just a heads up. i used to LOVE LOVE this scent in middle school.

update:: i tried them on my skin side by side and the two are nearly IDENTICAL! but lucky you dries to a light floral musk rather than a sharp citrus, so i think lucky you is better. It is to be discontinued, so get it while you can. i know wal-mart ant target always have it though...

nicki317
nicki317

I got this once as a gift. I wore it because it was fairly unoffensive but I wasn't crazy for it. Better than nothing but not "wow". I also recall that it had really poor staying power and I was frequently re-applying it. I didn't miss it when it was gone.

dollglam
dollglam

this one as been the perfume that i have gotten lots and lots of compliments from men!, i have used it since i was 18 its my signature smell, def my secret smell. the bad part it that it doesnt last at all =(
oshhh i wish this would last. but still my favorite!!!

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

You can't go wrong with this one.It's smells like new denim jeans.

staceyluv
staceyluv

I like this, but I don't love it. I find myself now liking gourmands/floral n this is too citrusy for me!

Drinndalynn
Drinndalynn

I love this and always will. It's simple but sometimes simple is what you want. Very springish :)

littlerayray77
littlerayray77

I used to love this. But now I've moved on to more complex scents and its good but not as pretty as I used to think it was. Its a pink sweet fruity sugary smell. Just looking at the bottle online makes me feel like I can smell it all over again.

megannsmom
megannsmom

My husband smelled this on a co-worker and liked it enough to ask her what perfume she was wearing....and promptly bought me a big bottle of it. Sigh....wish I liked it, lol! I don't hate it, but it just isn't rich or perhaps complex enough for me to enjoy it. I think I would like it better without the grapefruit and green notes? Maybe this is just too young for me...reminds me of a perfume a young boy might buy at the drugstore for the little girl down the street he has a crush on.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I just purchased a bottle of Lucky You "blind" over the internet because I'd read good reviews about it and so I was hoping I'd really love it. Unfortunately I don't! It is quite a pleasant, inoffensive perfume but nothing out of the ordinary or standout. To me it's very similar to Curve Crush in that it smells predominantly of baby powder. Much as I like the smell of baby powder (and I do use it myself!) I don't necessarily want a perfume that smells of it.

Lucky You is nice enough, girly and quite light but it's just not distinctive enough for me and I find it a bit boring and one-dimensional. I may wear from time to time but it's not a perfume that I could ever see becoming a big favorite in my collection. Also, I really dislike the bottle which looks quite cheap so it's not pretty enough to display either!

UPDATE:

Since writing the above, I decided that even though Lucky You is pleasant enough it still isn't right for me as a perfume so now I use it as an air freshener and it's very nice for that purpose! It makes the room smell lovely and baby powdery and the scent lingers for ages!! Also, the bottle's not quite as tacky as I'd originally thought and I have seen much worse! ;o)

Lucky You by Liz Claiborne 3.75 out of 5 based on 194 ratings and 30 user reviews

LUCKY YOU for WOMEN by Liz Claiborne EDT ROLLERBALL .33 OZ MINI
Lucky You Perfume by Liz Claiborne - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Lucky You Perfume by Liz Claiborne - 1 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Lucky You Perfume by Liz Claiborne - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Lucky You Perfume by Liz Claiborne - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Lucky You Perfume by Liz Claiborne, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
Lucky You Perfume by Liz Claiborne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester
LUCKY YOU for WOMEN by Liz Claiborne EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
LUCKY YOU for WOMEN by Liz Claiborne EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Lucky You Perfume by Liz Claiborne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Lucky You Perfume by Liz Claiborne - 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Lucky You fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Lucky You, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lucky You by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lucky You by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.