Designers » L » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Mambo for Men Liz Claiborne for men

Mambo for Men Liz Claiborne for men
dislike

Mambo for Men Liz Claiborne for men Pictures

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. Mambo for Men was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Carlos Benaim. Top notes are lime, lavender, bergamot and lemon verbena; middle notes are rose, caraway, orange blossom, patchouli, cinnamon, lily-of-the-valley, cedar and geranium; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, musk and balsam fir.

Lime Lavender Bergamot Lemon Verbena

Rose Caraway Orange Blossom Patchouli Cinnamon Lily-of-the-Valley Cedar Geranium

Sandalwood Patchouli Musk Balsam Fir

Mambo for Men Fragrance Reviews

shop9ty
shop9ty

Sorry guys I don't dig this ...
Very synthetic
Then smells like a licorice jelly bean

Did I get a dud version ??

laxm0nkey
laxm0nkey

This is a great scent. Nice fresh woods. last a long time on my skin and i get good sillage and a good amount of compliments. be very careful not to overspray this one as it is very easy to. 2-3 sprays. i go 2 personally. Neck and hair will get me through the day. i get about 6-7 hours on this. and with a price tag of 15-20 dollars, go check this one out for sure. pretty inoffensive and pleasant so long as you dont overspray. i wouldnt wear this in sweltering heat though. so a cooler summer day or spring and fall. wouldnt wear it in the winter as there are better options for cold weather. 4/5 stars would buy this again

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

The Perfect Cologne for a young man looking to Impress
___________________________________

Blind bought this fragrance based on reviews.
All in all, not a bad scent. Starts off as a sweet aromatic, and then dries down to a soapy fragrance.
Perfect for high school, or even a college age young man. I would not really recommend it for anyone over that age. It's just a little...underdeveloped.
Very much alike the rest of the Claiborne fragrances- sweet, soapy, and clean.
Spray recommendations- one to the chest, one to the neck, and done. Don't overdo it on this cologne. The purpose of it is to emit a clean vibe, without being overpowering.
This has no best season. It stands up equally well throughout the year, and could even work as an interchangeable sport fragrance.

Longevity: 5/10 (4-6 hrs)
Projection: 6/10 (Good for first two hours, then dies to a nice skin scent)
Versatility: 6/10 (Great for young men- high school or college; any season)
Smell: 8/10 (Clean, soapy, sweet- very pleasant)

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

Bought it for my son and husband to share, it is nice! Warm spicy, a little bit woody with a touch of citrus to lighten it up, and I get a small tinge of tropical from it, on the dry down it has a nice musk and balsam to it.

CologneCollector26
CologneCollector26

Women love Mambo!!!!!!!definitely a keeper.I don't have any in my collection but will put back in my collection this weekend!!!!

headofstate
headofstate

Shockingly good and unique for a Liz Claiborne fragrance, just give it up to 10-15 minutes for Mambo to soak into your skin before rushing to judgment. Usually Claiborne's men's fragrances owe much to Curve's synthetic core and upon initial spray, Mambo is no different. It's when it settles in that Mambo begins to develop a personality all its own despite none of its elements (individual notes) really distinguishing themselves or even standing out from the whole chemical mess. This is synthetic stuff to the core but unlike other Claiborne fragrances, Mambo never makes a show of being such. Instead, it paints a picture in broad strokes, leaning on its total representation as a rather inoffensive, pleasant citrus aromatic herbal with a hint of floral that doesn't leave much ground for development or evolution. Some of the earlier reviews are spot on in relation to Mambo's ability to rise above its rather cheap ingredients and yet still offer a very pleasant wear. The citrus and green top holds steady the whole way through and never really flickers out, making Mambo a linear but non-cloying experience because projection is rather subtle after the initial three quarters of an hour. A nice, underrated budget fragrance that can be had for around $10 for a 3.4 oz. if you look hard enough at a discounter near you. I didn't get spectacular longevity or projection out of this despite a lot of reviews to the contrary. In general 4-6 hours was the standard with lower to moderate projection after the first hour of wear.
Because of its synthetic soul, Mambo defies critical analysis as the notes seem to have been crafted as one full piece rather than a bunch of individual separate pieces that evolve from top to heart to base. Mambo is a sweet, citrusy, aromatic dust cloud of many herbs blended into a mojito mix before the alcohol is added. A good budget fragrance that also benefits from its incredible versatility for all seasons and occasions.

YourFragranceTake
YourFragranceTake

In my humble opinion this is one of the few cheap scents that is actually worth your money. Mambo is dark, woody, earthy, sharp, and mysteriously sensual. Much better buy than Voyage by Nuatica! The sharpness cuts through the cold weather and earthiness gives it a warm sensual feeling making this a refreshingly versatile scent day or night! (Although, I think summer nights hit the sweet spot with this one ;)

Longevity and projection are excellent too. At this price (no more than $15 tops!) you simply can't go wrong. Well blended and definite must have!

word-doctor
word-doctor

Bought for $15 based on positive reviews and a crying need to add more heat-friendly options to my collection. Starts out with citrus/bergamot (not sweet), then a half hour later moves to lavender and caraway, where it stays. This latter stage reminded me of a better executed Sung PH. But though it's better, I still didn't like where it wound up. The combination is a flat, slightly metallic scent that reminds me of Tusse, the womens roll-on deodorant that my mom wore. Not the same, but creates associations yadablabla.

I love the taste of caraway but it's plain that the synthetic olfactory version doesn't do it for me.

Sillage: 5/10

antonio0000x
antonio0000x

Fantastic, classic, masculine scent that 99% of women I encounter absolutely love. It ALWAYS turns heads then the women walk over to me and ask what I'm wearing. I never tell.

sirpedrig
sirpedrig

The pyramid makes this sound like a no-brainer. Unfortunately, it's far too assertive for my taste. I can imagine it being perfect for the right guy in the Miami club scene. Just please don't over-spray!

Cedeadrick
Cedeadrick

Classic very nice.

dancinleroy
dancinleroy

A sweeter,longer lasting, more complex version of curve, much like most of claibornes fragrances. It's somewhat cloying, almost in the way that claiborne sport is but it's not offensive. Go easy on the spraying though because it projects loudly for the first hour or so. I personally recommend it's younger brother Mambo Mix, as that is a more versatile fragrance and less of a statement. Either way, they both smell good, last long, and are inexpensive.
7.5/10 - mambo
8/10 - mambo mix

RES2525
RES2525

Without a doubt Mambo is one of the most underrated and overlooked gems I've ever encountered. I cannot figure out how this fragrance never generated more buzz than it did. It smells unlike just about anything I've smelled while remaining familiar and cozy. It's warm and spicy and one might very well imagine the motif of a couple dirty dancing.

Mambo is something of a kitchen sink fragrance though. Picking out individual notes is a dubious affair at best. Rather, it buzzes as a sort of singular and unified accord. Admittedly this does lead to a bit of boredom with the scent as a whole as it does not really develop or deconstruct through the entire life of the scent. Just the same smell beginning to end. But it is such an absolutely amazing smell that I forgive it for lacking development.

Longevity is remarkable. I put Mambo on and still easily pick up on it for every bit of 8 hours and up. This might lead you to believe that it is a powerhouse and I would agree. Yet, strangely, with a few sprays it's always (and I do mean always) wafting up to greet you without knocking you or anyone else's block off. Any scent I've ever used with this degree of longevity and presence generally has me wishing to wash it off before I get a headache. But Mambo just smoothly reassures you that it isn't going anywhere soon.

Sillage is just about equal to the longevity. You know where one that is wearing Mambo has just recently been without suffocating the entire room. It's lingering presence isn't loud but gently enduring.

Nothing about the fragrance comes across as synthetic whatsoever and coupled with the 'throw in everything but the kitchen sink' approach is testament to the competence of the parfumier that created it, Carlos Benaim, an all star of the fragrance industry.

I've noticed just about everything Liz Claiborne puts out, aside from the frequently lambasted Curve and the phenomenon it spurred, is overlooked. Perhaps it's fatigue from the glut of Curve flankers the house continues to pile on. But there's been several other very competent offerings from the house of Claiborne that warrant a second look. Spark and Mambo immediately come to mind with the latter being the better of the two.

By all means give this fragrance a try if you like warm and spicy scents. As icing on the cake you can easily find it online or in discount stores for less than 15 dollars.

Aspendina
Aspendina

girls review: bought this for myself so many years ago and it was very nice, I didn't use much though and now my husband uses it. He has alot of nice scents but when he wears this i am always like "mmmmmm my god what are u wearing?" and its always this one! I think its one of my favs on a man. It's just perfect.

camposg
camposg

A very latin, masculine scent. A monster from the godfather carlos himself. Of course. very unique. Must have

jonuiuc
jonuiuc

I wore this when I was younger, as it was my night-time, warm weather scent. Mambo also worked in the cold, if you wanted to "smell" warmer. Took a test of it after many years and found its not that bad. I don't hate it, but it is not really my cup of tea anymore, as I've gone from nightclubs to more local bars or dives. I still appreciate the warmth, spiciness and masculinity of it, but it is slightly too sweet and jumbled for me now. I think of nightclubs in Miami when I smell this (probably because I wore it then). The olfactory equivalent to the young man's "going out shirt" (black button up). Of course I've replaced my G.O.S. with a jacket, and so too this cologne. Still not bad for what it is, not a shameful option for a hot weather/nightclub scent.

recklssabndon
recklssabndon

I hated this cologne when I bought it, it sat around for two years, I tried it again, gagged and had to shower just to get the smell off of my arm. It's worse than an old lady who hasn't bathed in two weeks and covers it up with lavender perfumes from the 1940's. Seriously. Reminiscent of a nursing home bathroom, except it projects like crazy and has the longevity of a zombie. Expect it to be stuck on your body until you shower.

Scentrist
Scentrist

I found this at TJ Maxx a few years ago, and initially I didn't think this was a terrible fragrance. It just comes across as very strong, and for me that was more in a bad way. It's definitely more of a romantic fragrance, but at the same time, it's romantic in a "gold chains, open shirt, macho, overpowering" type of way that cloys a bit too much for my preferences. It also felt very synthetic, as if each note was intended to be over-the-top.

In short, wearing this is not a subtle statement, and you need to be the right personality for pulling this off. I just don't know many people who can. I ended up regifting mine. I could imagine someone from the "Jersey Shore" cast being among the few that could wear this and seem comfortable with it.

yeegits
yeegits

great for the price of 20$, to me smells very similar to barbasol shaving cream

Lotofire
Lotofire

Very Masculine and romantic...there is something in this fragrance that makes me think of summer nights dressed right with a sexy touch (unbottoned shirt tree buttons) being right, in perfect shape with a gentleman behavior...thats what it comes to my mind.

iTone
iTone

When I first bought this fragrance I was nuts for it but something in my body chemistry changed and I really can't wear it anymore. I just feel like it smells really strong on me. Maybe its my nose? I don't know. I mean it smells good, just not on me. Weird.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Yes... and if my memory doesn't serves me out, it has something similar with Escada PH Light Silver Edition...
In other words, B-O-R-I-N-G!

cybergoth
cybergoth

this cologne is great all around smell to it better to wear at night or when its cold out love it

svillatoro
svillatoro

Wow, great scent, very masculine, good longevity, draws a lot of compliments, not expensive at all.

Highly recomended...

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

If I were to choose the most paramount of the Claiborne collection, it could only be Realities and Mambo. Though Realities is nearly identical to D&G for men, Mambo holds its own personality. The leading moment is sweet and smooth, balanced by the cedar and musk, faint with citrus. So 90s!

Rest in peace... Liz Claiborne.
1929-2007

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne 3.68 out of 5 based on 116 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Mambo for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Mambo for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.