Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

Mambo for Woman Liz Claiborne for women
dislike

tropical
Mambo for Woman Liz Claiborne for women Pictures

Mambo for Woman by Liz Claiborne is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Mambo for Woman was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Harry Fremont. Top notes are mandarin orange, mango and ylang-ylang; middle notes are orange blossom, hibiscus and ginger; base notes are sandalwood, musk and vanilla.

Mandarin Orange Mango Ylang-Ylang

Orange Blossom Hibiscus Ginger

Sandalwood Musk Vanilla

Mambo for Woman Fragrance Reviews

perfumeproblem777
perfumeproblem777

I smell soap. Slightly flowery laundry soap
Which isn't a bad smell at all, it's clean and pleasant to my nose. But I was hoping for the mango/tropical fruity smell, and my skin does not project that at all.

It's something that I could easily wear around the house. But if I'm going out or hanging out with friends, I'll probably choose something else.

fire2heart
fire2heart

So,sad... This is an instant headache for me. I ended up giving it to my son's girlfriend since she likes floral scents.

odie
odie

"Hey Mambo" you are a juicy sweet fragrance with just the right whiff of floral elegance - like a soft tropical night dancing on a sandy beach as the wind fluffs your dress and possibly the flower in your hair. And just meters away is the resort dance floor, but you decide to dance bare toed in the sand. This is my sisters next purchase.....so I'll just take a spritz now and again!

krystyroze
krystyroze

I must admit that there is something slightly synthetic smelling about this perfume. However, it is one of the few that I have repurchased. This is a dark tropical, romantic scent. Therefore, I refrain from wearing it to work because it spawns unwanted attention from men. It would be perfect for a night out on the town. So, give it a try if you are looking to add a sultry fruity fragrance to your wardrobe.

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

This was my high school fragrance, the first perfume I ever had. At the time, it seemed really sexy, and I got a ton of compliments on it. I especially enjoyed the "cooling" smell of it, like you were inhaling moisture. It lasted a long time, and it projected well. There was something very addictive about the smell. High school boyfriends also enjoyed the way it smelled ;). I still have most of the bottle left, and I try it now and then to see if I still like it, but now it somehow seems to lack subtlety to me. It's like a rainforest nymph, but with big, blown out eighties hair. Fun, but now seems to me to be trying a little too hard.

galaxy86
galaxy86

Walk on the beach during sunset sipping margarita!!! This perfume is perfect to wear on nice spring/summer sunny evenings and nights. Perfect mandarin and mango transitioning to great white flowers and settling to sandalwood and vanilla. Beautiful fragrance for laid back person.

menka
menka

After reading the reviews about this perfume, I bought it on-line. What was my disappointment when I sniffed it. The smell was irritating, sharp and too tropical. In addition, the smell reminded me of the smell of grandma's wardrobe.
It was the worst perfume that I bought blindly. After a week I gave as a prize in a competition.

saintleegray
saintleegray

I wore this through out my twenties amongst a few others but hadn't smelled it in several years and couldn't really remember it, it wasn't a favorite. In a fit of nostalgia I ordered off ebay recently, and I cannot believe I forgot this!

I remembered this as overly floral, and while it does have some floral notes, that just rounds it out a little, I wouldn't classify this as a floral. I wouldn't say it's all fruity either, it has a lot more depth than your average fruity scent. On first spray I immediately got the mango and something sweet, maybe the ginger? I can't distinctly pick out the sandalwood, but you can tell there is something deeper rounding it out, and it's an excellent choice to have sandalwood instead of musk. I wouldn't say you have to wear this in colder weather or just at night necessarily, maybe a very light spray would do for day. This is just sweet enough to be able to wear any time of day, but elegant enough to wear somewhere nicer. Very well done.

stormyla
stormyla

This fragrance is quite astounding. It's definitely not like what the name and bottle color implies. Mambo really does have an 80's vibe. It reminds me of something that I wore back then, but I can't place it. I keep thinking of Lauren by Ralph Lauren, but the notes are not even close, so it must be something else. It's been decades since I wore a Claiborne scent, so I was curious to try one.

Mambo is a really nice clean floral with great sillage and incredible longevity, so typical of early Claiborne fragrances. It's very bright & very mildly sweet, not at all cloying. The opening was rather harsh,synthetic & overpowering but the dry down is wonderful and charges along undeterred for hours. This is a very invigorating fragrance and smells somewhat "green" to me.

This one is also very inexpensive. If you enjoy white florals and want a fragrance that delivers more than it asks, you might want to try this one!

celebrity89
celebrity89

The bottle made me expect a spicy, floral, but what I found was a clean, fresh gardenia/white flower.
It smells like my Yves Rocher's gardenia and similar types so I passed.

howardnine
howardnine

smells like Japanese cherry blossom!!

goingblonde
goingblonde

Was expecting the "same ole floral " scent,
but it surprised me !

It starts out with a hint of coconut ( not in the notes).
That fades fast & it turns into a very pretty orange blossom that really last yet isnt overpowering or clinging in the air
I think this would be very nice for spring & even summer.

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

My apologies to those who like this perfume. I dont. It's another one of those passed on to me by a well-meaning mother! (note to self: be very suspicious of what your mother gives you)

I get jasmine (lots of it) though the note listed says organge blossom, sandalwood (again, lots of it), and some ginger. This sounds like it would be a nice combination, and maybe it should be. But to me, it smells very generic, like something someone came up with because they wanted to make perfume.

And unfortunately for me, it's strong, and it's long-lasting (just when you wish it would disappear).

Just not for me...

carolallred
carolallred

Love the orange blossom and ginger in this. And the drydown is wonderful and lasting. When I first noticed this perfume on a woman I was sitting next to, I immediately thought of tiny white flowers. It starts out with a tangy mango but evolves into soft florals and and delicious vanilla musky ending. I get so many compliments on this and it so inexpensive. Have gone through several bottles.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I really love this fragrance! I think it has a coconut element to it, even if it is not listed. My only small gripe was that it did not last long on my skin. I would buy it again, though!

kelnic
kelnic

I love this fragrance. I was standing next to a woman and I remember thinking how good she smelled. I said to my husband later and said "I wish I knew what perfume she is wearing, she smells so good!" I saw him talking with her a few minutes later, she looked up at me and said "Mambo". I thought to myself, I'll have to try this, hope it isn't too expensive. I was pleasantly surprised, the price is very reasonable. Lovely fruity, spicy scent. A bit strong, for work I wear just the lotion and I've had many compliments.

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I found it in a very affordable price, they had not testers, but I decided to take the risk and buy it, i was expecting something more tropical and exotic by the name, box and notes but do not let that fool you this fragrance is nothing beachy or exotic but is dark, heavy, sexy and reminds me of something from the eighties or my childhood.

First have a smell of soap, but as time passes it becomes something spicy, hot and sexy, is a strong scent so not for everyone, be careful in how much you use because it can affect the people around you.

Great sillage and longevity, last all day on my skin, for the price so affordable is a great fragrance.

misstierra05
misstierra05

This was my back in the day scent. Freshman year of highschool to be exact...boy has time gone by...this brings back so many memories.

exciter76
exciter76

As summer approaches I have rekindled my borderline obsession with orange blossom scents. I followed some rabbit hole of reviews and came across Mambo. I was sold on the idea of this being a saltless rendition of LP’s Beachy. Even if it turned out to be nothing like Beachy I was still sold on the listed notes of mango, hibiscus, ginger and, mostly, orange blossom. The asking price was so ridiculously low for a 3.4oz bottle I could not resist snapping it up.

There is a strange, sharp soapiness, akin to Pure Grace or most anything in the Clean line. I have mentioned in other reviews my strange pleasure in soap-sniffing so this isn’t necessarily a bad thing but it is kind of unexpected given the listed notes. If this is a problem for some, it does pass quickly; if this soap element is what draws you in, prepare to be disappointed. It does not take long for this fragrance to show its true nature as a platform for freshly grated ginger. This is ginger and all else takes a backseat. Scratch that—everything else takes a ride in the trunk while ginger takes the wheel.

I quite like this ginger concoction as it does not give in to being too sweet or too cloying. I really like the ginger in EL’s Bali Dream but it falls prey to being too saccharine and pop fizzy as it gets cluttered by a clobbering orchid. Mambo does not fall into BD’s similar trap; it is wonderfully sweet and spicy enough without going overboard. I don’t get the mango or oranges; Mambo is far more floral than fruity. J.Lo and her celebrity sisters have cornered the market on over-the-top marmalades so I’m okay with this lack of fruits. It’s really refreshing to have an unapologetically persistent ginger in my collection.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I picked up a small bottle for seven bucks so I am glad I wasn't out a lot of money. This one is not a winner for me. I was expecting a lot more fruit but all I got is lot of floral, with very prominent orange blossom. And I don't like orange blossom. Hmm, its kind of strange but to me it smells simular to MJ Daisy except Daisy is more grassy and doesn't have fruity dry down like Mambo.
I may try to use up my small bottle but this is not my kind of scent.

Aspendina
Aspendina

lots of negative reviews here but I like this alot it smells really beachy. I am not sure if I am gonna keep it or swap it though as it smells just like Lilly Pulitzer Beachy (minus the salt note) and I already own that, they are pretty much identical. I this is wonderful though, perfect for summer. Maybe I'll keep it for when I want beachy but not salt as sometimes when I smell LP Beachy on me I end up tasting salt in my mouth, its really weird.

Actually the staying power (on me) is weaker than Lilly :-(

A very interesting perfume. It's sweet, clean, tropical, warm, orangy, fruity, and spicy all in one. When I first smelled it, I thought it resembled orange chewing gum, so I was a bit disappointed. But it quickly developed into a strong ginger scent, much like the fresh ginger root. Fresh ginger is sweet with a slight fruitiness, but it's also hot and spicy. Mambo showcases ginger very well. It's not the dried variety that smells like gingerbread, thankfully. I was pretty worried it would smell like gingerbread. In the drydown, I get heavy orange blossoms and ylang ylang. Mambo is suitable for hot weather. It's like J-Lo's fragrances, but not so saccharine sweet and just the right amount of spice for sexiness, yet it won't be harsh like Opium or anything like that. Lasting strength and projection are average. This is not my favorite perfume by any means, but for what I paid, I am more than satisfied with the quality.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This smells horrible on me. I wanted to like it but it just smelled awful on my skin...such a shame...

OceanGirl2011
OceanGirl2011

I adore this fragrance. I love how sultry and sexy it makes me feel. It's unique and sensual, and a little exotic. It's a winner for sure!

tttan518
tttan518

I just can't get enough. I still get oohss & aahss when I wear. Hard to find. Usually find @ gordmons

Guys or girls. The bottles look the same in a dimming light. So I accidentally sprayed this one on my wrist at a neighbors house. Yikes!

So let me just sum it up. It was kinda plasticky fake flowers smell at the start and I didn't find it pleasant at all. Then I got spicy ginger and some clean soapy mangoey smell. It wasn't exactly fruity here, but definitely floral and a bit old fashion. As it dried, it became clean light fresh powdery floral and it was better. Well, it didn't last all that long. I just now barely smell it after 5 hrs.

This is not the fruity floral scent that I have in mind. It's not modern enough to keep up with today's market, especially if it is really fruity floral. But it was interesting to try.

logicmuppet
logicmuppet

First: "Country Fresh" bugspray.

Second: Nice but not outstanding floral-y vanilla.

And that's it. I wore it for about two hours, and while I didn't hate it, there's a lot more scents out there that I really like.

guest_Belle
guest_Belle

Top notes are wonderfully Mambo: Fruity, energetic, sensual... however, Mambo is a hot dance. They really should've kept the base notes softer, especially the vanilla and musk. It would've been lighter and not so cloying after the drydown. Definitely not a summer perfume because of the heavy base notes.

Mado Haddad
Mado Haddad

it smells a bit "crazy" for me, in a good way !
I would only wear it on a Summer night, to a party, dance... or may be some concert... That's how I picture myself wearing it ! :)

wowgirl
wowgirl

I owned this back in 2002, and initially I was fond of it. But the smell began to smell bad to me after a couple of uses, so I dumped it. I haven't smelled it since, and I'm kinda curious how it smells to me now, but I still wouldn't buy it again.

sharyssa
sharyssa

not feelin this one at all. smells like spicy mango soap weird and makes me cringe when I smell it not a good look guess Im returning this one!

guest_MrsMarTay
guest_MrsMarTay

Sorry this is gone. Loved this for summerwear. Smelled sunny, tropical, fun, and was long lasting.

essija
essija

I don't get that this is all that overwhelming or powerful. I think it is just lovely and I think I could wear this everyday. I like how this is sweet with a tropical background. This is not heavy on me at all. I just love the bottle, its slim and colorful. Mambo is not all that sexy but it does have some sex appeal to it. It's young at heart and soft and apple like on my skin, I just adore it..

vtothek
vtothek

This was my signature scent for a long time. While some find it 'offensive' I thought it was very nice. Flirty without being empty, and spicy and mature without being old. At a relatively inexpensive price, I would definately recommend it.

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

Very powerful fragrance...nighttime scent for sure

Mambo for Woman by Liz Claiborne 3.28 out of 5 based on 109 ratings and 35 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Mambo for Woman fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Mambo for Woman, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mambo for Woman by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mambo for Woman by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.