Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Realities Liz Claiborne for women

Realities Liz Claiborne for women
dislike

Realities by Liz Claiborne is a floral fragrance for women. Realities was launched in 2004. The noses behind this fragrance are Jean-Marc Chaillan, Pascal Gaurin and Laurent Le Guernec. The fragrance features peony, ginger, orange blossom, sandalwood, gardenia, musk, violet, orchid, vanilla, jasmine and bergamot.

Peony Ginger Orange Blossom Sandalwood Gardenia Musk Violet Orchid Vanilla Jasmine Bergamot

Incredible

Realities Fragrance Reviews

Chilly28r
Chilly28r

Perfume review to the tune of Salt n Pepa's song:
"Let's Talk about Sex"

(chorus)

Let's talk about Liz, baby
Let talk about perfuming you and me
Let's talk about all the things called Realities
And all the things that Claiborne may be
Let's talk about smell

Liz Claiborne's "Realities" is a little, innocently sexy scent.

It has a medium sillage that flirts with a bit of musk then gives a light butterfly kiss of peony and gently licks the rest of your senses with a hint of ginger and vanilla.

nebbe
nebbe

At first I liked it, although within another 10 minutes it turned into a sugary dryer sheet headache. Sad :(

leia.marple
leia.marple

This instantly reminded me of Naturistics Botanical cologne spray which I wore in the early 90's. Cannot even find it in this database. I still have it in a clear glass bottle with a light green metallic cap. Feels like a walk through the rainforest. Realities is a nice companion to it.

Carnelian
Carnelian

It's very sharp first on, but even after the drydown, it has an chemical edge I can't appreciate. Alas, my nose translates this as some generic, but pretty, floral notes, I can pick out rose and violet, and a dusty talcum powder, but alongside a strong chemical note that is something like nail polish. Very synthetic to my nose. It was from a new, unused bottle from the store, and I tried it a couple of times hoping it would be different the next time, but no luck.

Soie
Soie

With its note of peony and musk, this reminds me a lot of Avon Peony Musk. Realities (2004 version as this is a very different fragrance from the original, which I like also), however, is more a more nuanced fragrance, as it contains discernible notes of citrus, vanilla & white flowers, along with a spicy/bright kick from ginger.

This is very sweet, though, and might be perceived as cheap smelling by some because of it. To my nose it is a lush, vanillic floral which I find comforting in small doses.

lusilva
lusilva

The worst scent i've smelled in years... makes me sick. It's an unusual fragrance but not in a good way, seems like Versace's Crystal Noir + Womanity.

mhubbard
mhubbard

Please send us the most average fragrance you have in stock.We are looking for an unidentifiable, watery and totally nondescript floral. Please be sure it nothing whatsoever like the gorgeous floral by the same name that Liz Caliborne produced circa 1990. It should be also be very cheap so that people will still think they are getting at least a little something for their money - signed The Stepford Wives

HoneyJewels
HoneyJewels

As a younger lady, I prefer to stay away from this one. It smells good, but I think it's for more mature women. I got compliments on it, but it is not one of my favorites. It just sits in my dark closet, I'de prefer to trade it.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Oh, my god! What a find in a set of otherwise average Liz Claibornes. Like nothing on this earth I have ever smelled. Some similarity to Obsession and J'adore. The citrus and vanilla I suppose. I wish it were a bit stronger.

Citywizard
Citywizard

I had this one. One of my favorite perfume. Aww

hannie5
hannie5

For me this is a keeper - sweet, floral and I can still smell the sweetness hours later! So romantic.

camaral
camaral

Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe what I felt upon encountering this disastrous reformulation of a legitimate winner. Keep in mind that my nose is more downtown than uptown- I'm not exactly high-falutin' or pretentious when it comes to fumes.
What is going on with Liz? Did she have some kind of event that ruined her olfactory senses, or did she turn the business over to her kids/grandchildren?
It's like someone asked "How can we remove the magical notes from Realities, and sell it for less than half the price?" With all due respect to those of you who love the current swill, ignorance must be bliss.
I am so indignant that I can't even keep this in my house- it's been put into the Goodwill box. Hmph!

Lushylori
Lushylori

Just recieved this today in the mail.
It was a Blind buy from ebay and I must say that I really like this scent.
I wouldn't wear it everyday but I think it has a rather classy scent.
No regrets :):)
I would recommend this Perfume for sure.

estherthebester
estherthebester

My mom used to wear this when I was younger. Taking a whiff makes me think of her. Its very feminine to my opinion - a loving scent. Its not too sweet and not too woodsy. I don't even think its that floral because it doesn't make my head hurt like florals usually do. Its wonderful.

PerfumeFanatic2874
PerfumeFanatic2874

i had sample spray of this. it smells good. it stays on for a long time. what i think is that a perfume that stays long is the one that smells good & the one that doesnt stay stinks.

ALEXANDRA1983
ALEXANDRA1983

is so sweet i love it, and the middle notes are soft i can wear it at morning to go working, or go shoping not for a date :::::

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

Very nice mellow floral with powder mixed in! I stopped using this years ago and just re-discovered this again in my perfume wardrobe this week. i have no idea why i stopped using this before?????? This is just gorgeous! The Original Realities is really nice too but this one is way softer and prettier. I just ordered the Sweet Desire and I can't wait to get it if it is anything as nice as this scent.

Sissi
Sissi

It has a nice floral opening unlike Liz Claiborne 1986 it less oily.
more floral and uses less green notes
like the original. the opening has a nice
violet but nothing special about it dries
to a sweet peony an undercurrent of dry ginger in the middle note white floral
vs orchid seems to try to outlive each other beacuse i smell both at the same time sandalwood tame as it is in this scent is present and does not intrude the drydown is an heap of Vanilla sweet and Powdery vanilla if your not familiar with the notes in this you'll think it smells like linen or fresh cotton that was my first impression when i tried this but my last thought about this is
a girl like a wallflower just stands back to the wall though a group of party goers waiting to look for the right moment to start of a conversation and
slips an awkward pun.

Realities tries to stand out but it fails to achieve the grade.

DriHonne
DriHonne

I read the notes of this fragrance and thought I would like it. I bought it and after trying, can not say whether I like it or not... Pls do not misunderstand me if you like it, but it reminds me frangrances from 80`s/90`s. The staying power is great. But maybe I have to wear it more times before deciding if it suits me or not...

Have decided it does not suit me... Sent as gift to an aunt and she loved it.

nyoka
nyoka

Jillzilla kindly gifted me this!I have found the perfect fume for me.It has all my favorite notes.It opens with the most beautiful dew kissed pink peony.................Slowly a cocktail of oranges,Jasmine and gardenia opens and makes a lovely fragrant boquet.When u close ur eyes,U would swear its the scent of angels.The dry down is wet,woody and deep but,still retains the lucious floral scent.To me its the epitome of fumes.Any age ,day or night a luscious sexy,long lasting winner!

guest_Kimberly
guest_Kimberly

This smells harsh at first. But if you can get through 10 minutes, it will soften up nicely to a light floral.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

This is a very nice, affordable perfume. I wasn't bowled over by it when I first smelled it but it's really grown on me and now I'm loving it. It initially smelled slightly synthetic but I don't smell that anymore and it gets better the longer I wear it. It's quite sweet, flowery and feminine smelling. I detect raspberries in it but I don't think, from the notes listed here, that it actually contains any! Either way, it smells yummy.

I managed to get a large bottle very cheaply but it seems to be extremely hard to find Realities in England, where I live, which is a bit worrying. I think I need to get a spare bottle! I've got no idea what the original Realities smelled like so I can't compare them to each other but I can very much recommend the new version!

sharyssa
sharyssa

This smells good it is soft and flowery with alot of vanilla and it smells better than that first Realitites perfume! It does last too.

messy-mom
messy-mom

Nothing special here. Nice floral, sweet and somewhat old- fashioned.

Aalia
Aalia

itś a nice floral. itś not exactly simple, but, not exactly intricate either. none of the floral notes stand out individually, it is like a boquet or flower shop. I could smell the base right away, the vanilla stood out and a familiar combination of notes in the base, that reminded me of...the original liz claiborne scent from the 90s in the colored triangle bottle!

mwater1
mwater1

This one is okay. It's a good scent for the office during the spring. There's nothing ultra special about it. I prefer the original.

snobuni77
snobuni77

I definitely do not like this as much as I liked the original.I do own a mini & I have had it for quite some time.It is much less sweet then the original as I do not sense the peach in this one.It is also more sharp & elderly.I mean Elderly not in a bad sense but I think the majority knows what I mean by this

A soft, white floral. Very feminine. Reminds me of an afternoon wedding. It won't make a huge impact, but sometimes you don't have a desire or need to do so. Sometimes you just want to smell pretty.

Malegria
Malegria

Very pleasant, ultra-feminine. Makes you want to wear long frilly dresses.Reminded me strongly of Tracy, but a bit more sweet.It is not a masterpiece, but still a very nice piece of perfume! The lasting power is awesome and I can smell it on myself all day long.

guest_Móni
guest_Móni

Muy linda fragancia, persistente y bien recibida por las personas. Excelente combinación de ingredientes!

guest_marie j
guest_marie j

I have 3 of these. I like it because it is very feminine and lasts all day. Very floral. I also prefer Sweet Desire over this as well.

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

Have a small bottle of this one...not totally crazy about it but have gotten compliments while wearing it.

loulou
loulou

It has a prominent Persian violet note - a little bit pungent.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

Kind of sweet smelling, nothing special. I actually prefer Sweet Desire over this one.

2007

Realities by Liz Claiborne 3.38 out of 5 based on 101 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Realities fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Realities, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Realities by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Realities by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.