Designers » L » Floral Green « Groups

Realities Original Liz Claiborne for women

Realities Original Liz Claiborne for women
dislike

herbal

Realities Original by Liz Claiborne is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Realities Original was launched in 1990. Top notes are chamomile, osmanthus, sage and bergamot; middle notes are lily, carnation, freesia, jasmine and bulgarian rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, vanilla and peach.

Chamomile Osmanthus Sage Bergamot

Lily Carnation Freesia Jasmine Bulgarian Rose

Sandalwood Amber Vanilla Peach

Untold

Realities Original Fragrance Reviews

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

I got my first bottle of this in pure perfume in high school, from my then boyfriend (now husband). It was the tiniest bottle, but then I didn't realize it was pure perfume and not an EDP. I cherished that little bottle to the last drop, and eventually consecutively bought large EDP bottles. It wasn't quite the same as my little pure perfume, but I loved it nonetheless. A shame I can't even remember what this smells like, and I'm curious what I'd think of it now. I'm sure I've got that little empty bottle stashed away somewhere, I should look for it.

tubereuse
tubereuse

Fresh, floral citrusy, very upbeat! A favorite in college. Still have a mini and thinking to break it out for another whirl. Love the bottle, a little piece of art!

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I saw this and it reminded me of high school! One of my first perfumes (along with exclamation and lefleur...lol) Can't remember at all what it smells like, but if I finished the whole bottle I guess I must've. Just so curious to smell it again, but I don't think I would buy it.

mhubbard

Edit: I wore this today to church and then work and was very happy with it. The scent has somehow morphed into a much softer version, or anyway, several sprays all over left me smelling just very, very nice- and spring like- without stinking up the place.I was not afraid to sit next to people. I will be wearing frequently in the springy weeks to come.A bit fruity, perhaps, but not like today's fruity offerings. Very different animal. You should try this one if you can, nothing is like it!!

mhubbard

I have always loved this, at least in theory. I distinctly remember the ads in 1990 when it came out, very heart warming family togetherness type images. I have had a bottle ever since- and I'm thinking this must be the second bottle. I like the smell of it, I just haven't quite figured out when, where and how to wear it. Notice there are no votes for smell-alike perfumes- that's because there aren't any. The first Realities is completely unique, the second Realities is totally generic. Anyway, this one is a strong, verging on pungent floral-herbal, whatever that means. It seems most suited to a daytime spring weekend, one spray to the navel area perhaps or the nape of the neck would be plenty. This is a must-try, love/hate perfume that I would not want to be without.

allieliddell
allieliddell

I loved this perfume about 15-20 years ago. I don't care for the new scent. I, too, layered the scent with powder, body creme, lotion and perfume. I received tons of compliments when I would wear it, in particular from men (boyfriend at the time included). I even had a male stranger stop me on the street to say I smelled great and ask what perfume I was wearing. One male friend always said I smelled like apricots and vanilla when I wore this perfume. I do think it smelled more of apricots than peaches. Too bad they changed the formula. After that, I moved on to another scent.

PerfumePatty
PerfumePatty

The original Liz Claiborne Realities from 1990 is a winner in my book. It's a very pleasant perfume with great longevity. Made from quality ingredients, it does not smell chemical, synthetic bomb like so many of today's designer scents. The scent is very soft, fresh, green, feminine and natural. A scent with a sparkling quality I associate with one of my favorite perfumes, YSL's Yvresse (Champagne). Since I can't afford Yvresse, Realities makes a decent substitute, though it has a slightly bitter edge due to the sage. Though peach is listed on Fragrantica as the main note, I hardly get any peach or fruit, it's in the background for me. The prominent scent I smell is an herbal floral. I pick up alot of bergamot mixed with a mild sage in the opening - a citrusy herbal smell, light and fresh. Sage can sometimes be pungent and overbearing, to where it makes me nauseous, but here it's gentle here, and there's chamomile and mild floral notes that settle on my skin after the opening.

The bottle is fantastic, like a modern sculpture. It looks so cool on my perfume shelf!

I highly recommend. So much better than the newer version of Realities.

******************************************************************************

madhatter1
madhatter1

In the 90's, I had moved up in the world being a career gal! With Realities original I learned what layering was all about -- use of the powder, shower gel and body creme! This fragrance always was a fresh, woody, vanilla blend to my chemistry and good for office wear.

romrom
romrom

I really love this perfume, it's very light and yummy.

adrienn99
adrienn99

this smells like peaches and their leaves together.

would classify this more like fruity green. Very potent and long lasting indeed. I find a little similarity with Arden's Provocative Woman (though that is a lot sweeter and not at all green)

secretcrush
secretcrush

This is a nice simple everyday fragrance w/ some fruits, some florals and some warm notes but by all means use it w/ a light hand as it is seriously potent and long-lasting...

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

When I first smelled this when it first came out I was not crazy about it but I re-discovered this a couple of years ago again! Its just beautiful! I agree, its very peachy. It lasts a long long time too! Very crisp green smelling.

blkbrd
blkbrd

In my experience, peach is the predominant note in this fragrance, but it's a very sharp peach - a different creature from the supersweet modern fruit perfumes. The sage isn't intrusive (this isn't one of those scents that leaves you feeling like a spice rack, not even a little bit) but the dark, rooted aspect of the herb provides a small counterbalance. Once the heart notes have a chance to come in, the white florals turn it just a little sweeter and a little creamier.

This followed the original Liz Claiborne scent in the triangular bottle, back when Liz was a department store name, and if you're familiar with both you can tell that they're siblings. Of course, some of the notes are the same (amber, peach, freesia, jasmine) but there's more to it than that: they may be pictures of two different scenes, but they were clearly taken with the same camera.

Realities has the warm glow you'd expect from an 80's-early 90's department store scent, and while distinctive it's dignified, pleasing, and appropriate for work - as it had to be to meet the old Claiborne aesthetic. The new fragrance by the same name is an entirely separate and far less interesting creation. (Pinkish juice in rounded bottle: new scent. Yellowy juice in whimsical stacked-cubes bottle: old scent.) Note that some merchants who still have this in stock sell it unboxed, probably because the unusual triangular carton is tall and impossible to stack. But of course, any bottle sold like that has been exposed to light for who knows how long and may not be worth it.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Not sure why this one was discontinued. It's got a crisp start from the camomile and sage but softens to a nice soft floral. The drydown has a hint of peach but still remains mainly floral with a nice creamy vanilla mixed in. I wouldn't say it's strong but it does waft about you with good sillage. Definately a "girlie" scent.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I bought this today and it smells good.I thought it was strong because it is an older fragrance but now that i am actually wearing it instead of sampling it I find that it is light and powdery sweetlike and it smells good.This bottle is so pretty and I like this package it comes in, cute!

guest_annettetolouse
guest_annettetolouse

hermosa fragancia aún esta en mi mente

mwater1
mwater1

Love this stuff. It is a little strong, so go easy on it.

snobuni77
snobuni77

I haven't had this in over 10 years but I still remember the way it smells.I also remember that at first I didn't like it . I was into more sporty citrus aqua scents but after a while it grew on me.

I remember the peach particularly.It was definitely prominent.It was kind of heavy at first spray but turned into a light dancing floral with a cream filled center.
I also think it is an energizing scent for a delicious high spirited women

Superman9

Thanks NuriaRose. Will go to Chloe counter today.

q8kiwi
q8kiwi

WOOOOW I really love this perfume To mutch. using this perfume since 1994 @ first time. its come to me as agift from USA . im from kuwait - its not available in kuwait market . im order it from the internet after 14 years . its same amazing strong smell.

Superman9

I love this perfume. But like Eiza said it hard to get here in Malaysia. Wonder if there is something that smells similiar to LC Realities? Help me!

Eiza
Eiza

I really love this one during my stay in the State.Using this for 3 years. However, discontinue using coz hard to get it here in Malaysia. I will for sure buy it again ...that's for sure.

Realities Original by Liz Claiborne 3.73 out of 5 based on 142 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Realities Original fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Realities Original, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Realities Original by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Realities Original by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.