Designers » L » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

dislike

cinnamon
caramel
Spark Liz Claiborne for women Pictures

Spark by Liz Claiborne is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Spark was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Delville. The fragrance features caramel, rose, orchid, cinnamon, musk and cedar.

Caramel Rose Orchid Cinnamon Musk Cedar

Guess Original
Charlie Gold

Spark Fragrance Reviews

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

I do sense the similarity between Spark and my beloved Guess Original. I just received the mini today, all prepared to scoff at any comparison between the two, and then... yay, memory lane! Straight out of the bottle there was the familiar rich, "perfumey" amber... I don't see it in the notes up there, but sure did perceive it. These two are not twins, but they could be sisters. That said, there is something lacking in Spark, that I believe may only be found in Guess Original. Perhaps, if the caramel in Spark was replaced by the lovely amber and oakmoss of Guess... ah, what am I doing? Short of getting out my own lab equipment, this is it. Not bad, even with the cinnamon-y drydown. Not bad at all.

Koratlover
Koratlover

I simply love this perfume! As I live in France, I don't wear it very often because we don't have Liz Claiborne here. So I keep it preciously.

I could find it on the web but.... is this perfume still manufactured? Has it become rare? Because the few Spark bottles I found on the Net are horribly expensive! I found bottles of 3.4 oz costing from $123 to $199!! While Spark for men is just $28 for the same quantity! Why is this?

Maybe I should buy Spark for men, next time....

nazza28
nazza28

The cedar is very dominant on my skin, coupled with the cinnamon. It's definitely got those caramel undertones to sexy it up a bit, I find it very womanly and powerful. I am really enjoying the warmth and cosiness of this scent, certainly best for the cooler months. I can't imagine this working well on me in the heat.

pinkandsatany
pinkandsatany

A delicious, warm woody cinnamon scent.

lisaivette
lisaivette

This scent cements the fact that I love me some cedar in my perfumes. This is warm,woody,cinnamon delight! The caramel is just sweet enough to balance out the woods, with a little vanilla thrown in for good measure. It is in the same spicy neighborhood as Obsession, Krazy Krizia, but more foody. I won a 50% full 3.4oz on Ebay at great price for a discontinued frag.
I feel as though I will want to wear this frequently in the colder months, but what if i can't find it again? I have only seen it sold in stores as a mini in splash form, and dabbing never has the same effect as spritzing.I'll try not to let my perfume anxiety get the best of me when spray on this lovely.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

A powdery, carmelized perfume that I enjoy, Spark is. Definitely worth picking up if you can find it and you enjoy simple gourmand fragrances that bring you back to pleasant sweetness without the overly cloying sugary scent of some on the market.
I think of holidays and cuddles when I wear this one. It's a vanilla goodness. And I'm not that kind of cutesy woman at all. But I really like this scent.
It's a "what smells good?" when you walk in the room perfume that people ask about, it's a safe fragrance that you can wear to the office, really, you can wear anywhere without offending anyone. It's just a safe perfume in the world of seductive perfumes that can mesmerize or alienate others.
For me, it's the caramel and cinnamon with the cedar to balance to start, then it goes all soft and powdery but I do get a vanilla feel, which actually, for a lot of people, can be quite a weapon, too. After all, isn't food the way to some people's heart? Perhaps that's why gourmand scents are so popular. They make people happy, they evoke pleasant memories.
Wait a bit and spices come out to play that remind me of chai tea.
There aren't many notes in this perfume, but somehow they blend to make a warm, inviting, and cozy blanket to wrap yourself with with a smile.
I can awaken still enjoying it, so its longevity is excellent and its sillage extends around me. I really enjoy Spark for the times I just want to be cozy, comfy and without any pretense. When I just want to be me with pleasant smiles.
Spark is a misnomer, yes, unless you hold a match to the bottle. The creative juices behind it created a short, catchy name that holds up on the tongue, whether consumers like it or not. It really doesn't describe this perfume, then again, so many names don't.

Beth1218
Beth1218

Love this one. Very spicy and sultry. I also love Cinnabar (one of my signatures) and Opium and Avon's Rare Rubies. I created my own concoction tonight by wearing it with Pink Sugar Sparks. Wow! Very sexy!

ggkeller
ggkeller

I think its a nice smell. I can smell the caramel and cinnamon it it. I don't smell any flowers. Its a little sweeter than most of the cinnamon scents I have tried. I don't think it smells cheap or synthetic but unfortunately it dosn't last more than an hour on my skin.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I dont like this at all, and after reading through the notes I suppose I should love it. But to me this smells very cheap, very synthetic, and no originality whatsoever. If you are low on cash and want a rich ambery christmas spice perfume with no real unique identity, look no further.
And yes it somewhat resembles C.K... but only because it also containes amber and ceader. Angel? I hardly think so , at all. Guess? no way... other than ... (as I said earlier) a few similar notes. BORING, absolutely nothing exceptional here. I picked up a bottle for 1 dollar at the fle market :) then I gave it away. Dior Addict? ROFL.... I used to wear dior addict , still have some, while I now require incense in my vanilla perfumes, I therefor never where addict any longer. However I can still say honestly that addict is still a great perfume. And hardly anything like 'spark' ... other than sharing a vanilla note... but even that note doesnt smell similar. Guess? no way!

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Top notes: Anné Pliska + Angel;
Middle notes: Obsession- CK;
Base notes: Anné Pliska again.

larali
larali

It is cheap, therefore I like.

Seriously, I am not a vanilla girl. So, this is not generally what I'd go for. I got it via monthly subscription. And well... it's nice! Candy cozy caramel, lasts long, yummy for sweaters and Christmas fun.

Why isn't vanilla listed in the notes? Anyway, thumbs up. Do try.

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Love at first sniff, Spark reminds me a lot of CK Obsession. Warm and spicy, full of rich comforting aromas, and perfect for a cold winter day.

I actually get the cedar note which adds a lift quite nicely to an otherwise heavy, dark fragrance.

There is a mellow powdery background that helps tie together everything I love about my favorites.

Spice, Cedar, Powder, Dark, Cinnamon and every so lightly sweetened. Despite its celebrity status, I think it's blended perfect for my taste. With a rebel yell, I want more, more, more!

mhubbard
mhubbard

This one is basically an Opium/Cinnabar/Obsession dupe and the notes are as previously described. Welcome to my gingerbread house and Merry Christmas! The price is right, it seems this one went straight to the clearance bins at Marshall's. And yet there is nothing at all wrong with it, it is a good winter fragrance for women
(not girls).The biggest complaint I have is that it is not unique. It seems Liz Claiborne put no thought whatsoever into this one. It would be more aptly called "Curve for winter" as it appears to be another one of their ubiquitous clones.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I have the 15ml limited edition gift boxed spray parfum version and this is a beautiful spicy slightly masculine gourmand vanilla fragrance. It shares qualities with my faves Organza Indecence (spicy nutmeg plum and vanilla) CK Obsession (incensey cinnamon), and Estee Lauder Sensuous noir (deep patchouli incense with a resinous masculine note). It's a shame this is discontinued, it is a lovely rich musky scent with heaps of depth but the cinnamon and caramel make it a tad too sweet for me so I will pass it on to a new home.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Very nice and spicy.
it conjures up a feeling of warmth.

Love it in fall and winter & on a rainy day :)

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

I love Oriental fragrances, especially a good oriental vanilla (or oriental floral, for that matter). A fellow Fragrantican recommended this fragrance to me, and even sent me a small sample of the lotion. But I was resistant: I don't like overly sweet fragrances so the carmel notes scared me; and I find that cedar can do powerfully nasty things on my skin.

However, when I found a tiny sample (5ml) bottle at a local department store for $5, I figured I had nothing to lose. I was intrigued by the cinnamon, and the positive reviews. I figured today (Thanksgiving in the US) was a perfect day to try this--and I am SOOOO glad that I did! It is rich and spicy, decadent by not opressively sweet--not like cheap store bought candy, but like dark homemade caramel made with the best ingredients. The cinnamon is certainly a predominant note, and it is a wonderful dry but still sweet cinnamon, woody, but not too woody. I really don't get the cedar (thankfully), but am pretty sure that it is what is giving extra spice to the cinnamon, lending the woodiness, and keeping the whole concoction from getting too sweet and simple. I don't smell specific floral notes, but I think the rose and orchid push the notes into a more feminine realm, while the musk plays a subtle supporting role.

It has decent sillage and good longevity (6 hours so far). It stays fairly constant and does not develop significantly, other than to deepen and melt into my skin. This would be a great Christmas scent. I may be looking for a larger bottle--or at least snagging another mini!

amoregal
amoregal

Since I am a woody oriental lover, I decided to try Spark, as I could purchase online very cheaply. Then add the cinnamon and caramely notes, which are not overpowering at all, and certainly balance out the musk and cedar, and I realized that really liked it a lot. Why? because it reminded me of my favorite Organza Indecence which I can't find anymore. Plus anything that has base notes of musk, sandalwood or amber always smellls good with my chemistry.

jamiebmichelle
jamiebmichelle

I think Spark smells identical to Dior Addict.

Lookin4Happy
Lookin4Happy

I think Spark was reformulated. I have an original bottle of this perfume from when it first came out. It smells divine. But, I bought a small bottle of it for travel recently, when I found it at TJMaxx, and it stinks like plastic!!!! It also has a lighter color than in my original large bottle. The original bottle has a very dark amber liquid in it. The small bottle looks more like a honey color. At first I thought I might have gotten spark seduction, but I looked, and it's marked as the regular Spark. Well, it's lost it's spark for me. The small bottle has gone in the trash.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I used to own this EDP, and I ended up swapping it. It used to smell great on me the first time I purchased it- woody caramel and cinnamon. The second bottle I purchased I swear they changed something. It smelled very synthetic and plastic-like.

I thought perhaps I had gotten a bad bottle, so I tried it again and the same thing, synthetic and plastic-like.

Not my cup of tea.

candymarie
candymarie

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this EDP!!

Have worn it for the last few days, unusual for me since I have so many gorgeous ones to choose from.

It opens with a very classic floriental vibe, very rich and spicy. But then it takes a quick turn for the gourmand, with a loud and beautiful cinnamon note, and that gorgeous caramel!

There is something dry here in the background, I'm guessing the cedar, that makes it truly interesting and complex and raises it above the purely sweet and foody, gourmandish type of orientals. I also agree that it reminds strongly of ORGANZA. It's like Organza's hippie cousin, more earthy and less floral.

As I said, I've worn it for the last few days, and it keeps its form the whole time, no disappointing fade-outs or unwelcomed morphing. A winner for me!

olga1780
olga1780

I learned my lesson with cheap perfumes the hard way...so this time I got a mini, but of pure perfume.
Oh,God, I am so impressed I have to words to desribe it. What a stunner! Probably because of the orchid, it remids me of Immense By Scherrernse EDP,but Spark is more complex and just more impressive overall.
Spark can definitely compete with a lot of classic masterpieces out there, if not overshadow them!
Never thought i would be raving about inexpensive American perfume, but I must admit, it's simply gorgeous! I can see how it can drive men mad, it is so sensual and provocative.

Edit: the beginning was so gorgeous, but the ending was quite a let down. After an hour or so, I was left with a sour smell of cedar and something chemical...ugh. I am very sad....but, I still think it is similar to Immense EDP, which is gorgeous from top to bottom, so the loss is not huge. But i am not getting a full bottle, that's for sure. After all, the drydown is what ulitmately determines the quality of a perfume for me.

At first, I thought this smelled like the love child of Guess Original and vintage Obsession. Within minutes, it settles into the most warm, sensuous, sweet cinnamon blend. I think I could eat this stuff. It ends up smelling a lot like vintage Obsession on me. I love the warm spiciness of this. There are no sharp edges here. This is soft, cozy, sensuous and delicious.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Ohh, how I love these type of scents!
Heavy, mysterious, deep, dark, velvety smooth orientals - without flowers or fruits!
A bit of gentlemans aftershave, spices, amber, vanilla, musk... so sexy and erotic that I want to make out with myself.

Similar to Obsession, very "80´s feeling", even though it`s from 2003.

Does anyone know if it´s discontinued, or is it being sold in your regular IRL stores where you live?

Wittychic
Wittychic

I love this fragrance. This is the only Liz Claiborne fragrance I like. When I realized it was not going to be as readily available, I stocked up. This is my signature scent. I save Chanel #5 and Coco for weekends. I get lots of compliments on this fragrance, more from men than women.
I was happy when I originally found it. I have trouble with many fragrances smelling like Raid on me. My body chemistry does not agree with many perfumes. I do wish I could find more than the three mentioned that I can wear. It would be nice to be able to choose different scents for different days.

PinupFemme
PinupFemme

My fav fashionista aunt gave me a small bottle Mambo, and of this.. It smells super strong in the bottle so I didn't try it for almost a year.. when I finally did try it, I absolutely loved this perfume (and my date immediately started drooling)! Its seductive, mysterious, complex and very unique. Probably a night smell but that didn't stop me from wearing it exclusively day and night through my mid to late 20s. It's not for everyone though, in fact I only said 'loved' because my chemistry has changed after moving to a new city/changing my diet so it doesn't smell the same on me anymore which is really sad. But when it works with your personality and body chemistry it definitely turn heads and drives suitors (of any gender) crazy.
Also, because its not super popular/doesn't smell like all the other frufru girly perfumes out there - you're definite going to stand out in a good way. Its one of those smells that people will associate with YOU because you don't smell like all your friends.

If you're more of a Sultry Vamp than a precious lolita, try it.

candicelela
candicelela

only one squirt in your hair per week is needed its so strong but very sensual , drove men mad

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

For a perfume I found at Goodwill for $3, this isn't that bad. It's -strong-, so not for the faint of nose. While the boozy, spicy vanilla-musk that flares out of the bottle can be quite strident and slightly plasticky, with measured (read: LIGHT) application Spark can be quite cozy and comforting. I prefer the smell of it on clothing/linens and as a room spray over the smell of it on my skin, though. If Chanel Coromandel is cozy like a favorite cashmere sweater, then Spark is cozy like an old over-sized t-shirt lifted from an old lover.

Zinderella
Zinderella

I hate vanilla fragrances, but this is very nice. It doesnt smell like sweet vanilla to me, just sexy and soft, yes a touch of cinnamon (dont like eating buns with cinnamon) how strange...my nose and mouth are not connected? lol... why do I like Spark then? warm and yes sexy, cozy, cant stop smelling it on my skin... definitely a scent to wear when the day is cold and later, in bed :)

puppynose
puppynose

A choking synthetic "vanilla". Yuck. I do like the men's version of Spark, but this smells cheap and like so many other poorly executed vanilla based fragrances.

Lassie
Lassie

This is my favorite fall perfume! Very strong, very warm and comforting, perfect for a long walk in the woods. I say that because it's not, to me, a sexy man-trap perfume, but is definitely comforting - hot tea and applesauce cake, on one of the the last warm days of the season, after you bring in the patio furniture for storage. LOL, what does it smell like? spicy, warm, not unlike Obsession. I don't get the incense, though.

twillocks
twillocks

No, I am having no luck with Liz fragrances. I am just not crazy about any of them.

LuckysGirl
LuckysGirl

This started out with such promise but it did not last. After a couple of hours it was gone. Completely gone. Too bad too. It was very nice while it was here. Just didn't have the staying power.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

yes Spark is divine and very longlasting. i tested it yesterday afternoon and this morning it was still very detectable....
it's has to be incredible sexy, my husband liked it very mutch on me. warm, cozy, a bit spicy, a bit sweet, a bold rose and a creamy wood. just perfect and it's not heavy, easy to wear during the day. very good sillage!

i would compare it to Krazy Krizia less the metallic or medical hint and CK obsession less the overpowering civet and incsense, replaced by creamy caramel.

Audryna
Audryna

I have had more compliments wearing this than any other cologne I have! I really never cared for Obsession on my own skin - smelled like ant spray on me -on everyone else it smells sweet and yum, and a bit naughty, but not on poor me! I am so glad I found Spark! For some reason, as similar as this is, it works for me. Not my favorite on the warmer days, but it is nice to wear on a cool evening or out for coffee
Comfy and yummy!

9154mf
9154mf

This was a deeper vanilla than I normally like but I do like it, the subtle oriental-ness of it. The drydown became a bit musty though, I was hoping it would stay strong and clear and more caramelly like the first few minutes. Oh well! There are many other vanillas out there.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

If you are jiggy with Obsession you will like this modernized version of that older CK classique. It is dark, intense, gourmand, sexy and yummy. Men LOVE this scent on a woman. Period. It has those elements of herbs/flowers, musk and cinnamon that drive men wild. A study has been done (many times) to detect which scents had the most effect on arousal in men. Over and over again it was "pumpkin pie" and "lavender". So, there ya go. Wear with guts and caution! :) To me it just seems comforting, autumnal and cozy. A discontinued scent I associate this with, or put in the same class as is Cliniques "Simply" minus that licorice accord. It is divine.

oh_caroline
oh_caroline

overly sweet, caramel+cinnamon and nothing else

it lasts quite long, also it has good sillage.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

On first spray what I smell is alcohol and an odd note that seems to have a little licorice in it, which I kind of liked. However, this note vanished within the first 10 seconds. As it dries down it becomes a generic synthetic spicy caramel scent with some vague drugstore roses and other unidentifiable floral stuff floating around in it. After a while it develops a note that I call “doll hair” after the greasy-feeling plastic hair on a doll that I had when I was a kid. A lot of drugstore perfumes have this note. Late in the drydown it finally reverts to a pleasant vanilla, but who wants to wait 3 hours for plain vanilla? Not at all my style.

Kimmy2009
Kimmy2009

Horrible smelling perfume which makes me cough and cough not for me at all.

Fashionista-IM
Fashionista-IM

Very loud , the pheromone levels are very high , men love it !!!

maijaaijam

My second review - now I understand the "language" of this fragrance.
It is still too mature for me and still too much cedar, but after a while it becomes pleasant and sweet, but not overly sweet and foody - it's peaceful.
Cinnamon and caramel drydown finally found me, a little drop on my wrist helps me to fall asleep faster (wierd).

Fragaria
Fragaria

I love Spark. It's just like everyone says, offensive to some and great to others. I think if you like incense you'll love this. If you don't like incense, your best off to not even try it! I'm in love with it. I don't know why or what I smell, it's just fantastic to me and my husband. It seems to be the only perfume that I consider strong and still love.

falovalo
falovalo

All I smell is cedar and a small hint of cinnamon and caramel. Almost masculine smelling. I'm really disappointed, I thought I was going to smell strong notes of caramel, but instead I smell like I time warped from 1985!

maijaaijam

When I have read all rewievs, I thought - I must get it! But now...I'm so dissapointed:(
I was waiting for something cinnamony and sexy, but all I get is very strong, bad smelling rose - I feel like granny..
This frag is overpovering and definately for mature woman. Don't buy it without trying first..
After being together with this frag for couple of hours, I can add, that it smells cheap..like one of the bad fragrances of Soviet Union.

fire2heart
fire2heart

Love this perfume and my daughter says it is my mommy smell:) The cinnamon is delightful, just like Malegria on here says, it's like incense and cinnamon bark, mixed with caramel notes that swirl around. Very warm and inviting, earthy and a bit sexy. I really wish they hadn't discontinued Spark, it's so hard to find!

sharyssa
sharyssa

this is a very warm scent it is not a summer scent and I bought it during the summer last year and tried to wear it in July and NO! It is warm and comforting it smells of cinnamon and spice and caramel.It is very nice and a bit strong but not masculine.But remember not a summer scent! More for a sweater and boots.Nice fragrance overall though!

essija
essija

I think this is pure sexy in a bottle. I used to wear this all the time and got many compliments. Cinnamon and carmel smell really good on me...

tangledvines
tangledvines

Very unique and lovely. The cinnamon plays nicely with the other notes. Not at all overpowering. Just right! Although it sure doesn't last long on my skin. After an hour it needs to be reapplied. Thankfully it only cost me $7.99 for 1FL OZ
As much as I like the smell, I won't be purchasing another bottle due to the short smelling duration on my skin. Too bad.

Malegria
Malegria

The first notes - yes, a bit like Obsession. But if you wait, you see a completely different scent.It is more mild and less obnoxious :) - don`t get me wrong, I love Obsession.The cinnamon in it is not like in cookies, but like in incense. As it dries down, the bitterness goes away and leaves you with a subtle smell of cinnamon bark.

Spark by Liz Claiborne 3.74 out of 5 based on 131 ratings and 50 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Spark fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Spark, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Spark by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Spark by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.