Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Vivid Liz Claiborne for women

Vivid Liz Claiborne for women
dislike

Vivid by Liz Claiborne is a Floral fragrance for women. Vivid was launched in 1993. Top notes are violet, freesia, egyptian sage, bergamot and tangerine; middle notes are peony, tiare flower, iris, lily, jasmine and bulgarian rose; base notes are sandalwood, amber, musk and vanilla.

Violet Freesia Egyptian Sage Bergamot Tangerine

Peony Tiare Flower iris Lily Jasmine Bulgarian Rose

Sandalwood Amber Musk Vanilla

Jardin de Soleil

Vivid Fragrance Reviews

Mrbigbigtoe
Mrbigbigtoe

They messed up when they quit making this.
I loved smelling this on my aunt.
EDIT_______________

EVERY online fragrance website now has it IN STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They must have started making this again!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiktak
Tiktak

I recently found this in a container in my closet. I bought this 15 years ago because I loved the way it smelled on someone. But on me, it had sort of a metallic undertone that would develop into a creamy floral in about 6 hours. So I just pushed it aside. But now, even though the color has darkened, it smells absolutely fabulous on me. It is like we have aged together. It smells like my own secret garden. I definitely smell Mimosa, even though it is not listed. Just a warm spot of comfort on some very snowy days. I know this is very hard or expensive to get now, so I will just enjoy my little stash until it is gone and be glad that I found such a nice little surprise in my closet.

AlaskaWendy
AlaskaWendy

I first bought this blind in, oh lets say 2001, from a uk site, but i had the mini, the blue bottle which is the parfum, and i adore it. It's got that 90's bold floral feel, like say in the style of Tendre Poison, though they smell nothing alike, they have that unashamed punch of florals, that say, "hey, i'm a girl, and i love flowers!"

Over the years, i kept fondly remebering it, and now in 2013, i looked on Ebay, and there's a lot of those little blue minis, still reasonably priced, so i splashed out, almost believing that i had been mistaken about it's beauty. I was not mistaken, it's absolutely wonderful, exactly as i remember, and i agree with the person who said this was Liz's masterpiece. It's outstanding imo, and has wonderful longevity, and i feel enveloped in a cocoon of beautiful flowers. I hope i never have to be without this again, the violet is executed in absolutely the way i love, with a tang of sharpness, and it warms down beautifully into a fabulous bouquet of lush flowers, enhanced beautifully by the base notes that underline and emphasize the florals. Just stunning

mhubbard
mhubbard

I find it mysterious that this little gem was discontinued so soon after release. I find it to be such an unusual and beautiful lilac/freesia scent, at least "purple flowers" is what I think I smell. I purchased 2 bottles on clearance somewhere around 1995 and they both still smell fine. They made the cut in my recent perfume cull for the Salvation Army after I smelled them again. Perhaps the juice has gotten a bit less potent as I avoided this scent in the past as I thought it was a bit too strong for work. Which explains why I still have 2 bottles! Today I wore 2 sprays at the sternum and got pleasant, classy floral whiffs throughout the day, just right. Good longevity and I am fussy about this. I would wear mainly in the late winter and spring, and usually during the day as this scent does not seem to evoke romance, at least not for me. Just class and elegance. I see this scent compared to other perfumes, but I am not aware of anything like it. Fifth Avenue is in the same general spirit, yes, but not much like it otherwise. Feminine, unique, classy. 9/10

mary.dinoface
mary.dinoface

I just found this perfume in my moms stuff! It still smells wonderful although I have not sprayed it on me yet... I do like the smell of it, im not sure how long shes had it because the liquid is now a amber color but it still smells really nice!

Neurotica
Neurotica

This was my favorite fragrance for a long time, and the first I'd found that really seemed to sync well with my personal chemistry. It was a warm floral that made me feel beautiful, alluring, and alive, and I'd get stopped at least once a day while wearing it by someone asking what it was.

I was saddened when it was discontinued and I've toyed with the idea of purchasing it online, but I fear by this time the contents would have most certainly turned, and it would never be the great love I'd once known.

Hanh
Hanh

This is a very good fragrance one of my all time favourite's although IMO I do find this one is a little bit close resemblance to the Dior's hypnotic poison (The red translucent one) because I tested that in my one hand and the Liz in the other and I do have both. That being said It's soley IMO. I find this one better sadly though It's not available anymore. I absolutely adore this fragrance longevity and sillage are very good..

SUZIQJO
SUZIQJO

I simply love Liz Claiborne's Vivid. I has been my favorite for so many years. I get so many compliments when I wear it. Now to find it is a different story. I have tried other perfumes and can't find one that matches these. Has anyone else found anything that comes close to it? Some perfumes just don't seem good on my skin.

camaral
camaral

This is very difficult for me to write, because Vivid was MY signature scent- THE signature scent. It perfectly defined me.
My first bottle, purchased by my father in 1993, turned sour sometime in 2003. In 2009, I ordered a bottle from a discount house- either 99Perfume or FragranceNet- only to realize it had turned, as well.
To those of you who have recently acquired this sunken treasure, your acquisitions are sadly either mere shadows of what they used to be, or have lost their magic altogether. I've reached this conclusion by way of the Fragrantica perfume pyramid:
Oris? Maybe.
Tangerine, jasmine, sandalwood, lily and violet? Yes.
Egyptian sage, amber, peony, freesia? Nope.
And, if you smell bergamot, you are the proud owner of a genuine spoiled bottle of Vivid!
Marigold was the magical note that sealed the deal for this fragrance, when it was still alive. The composition was first class, with amazing depth. Sandalwood blended beautifully, creating a creamy vanilla musk, and the lily and violet stayed true to the end.
Spellbound with this potion I made love, slayed dragons, suckled babes, moved mountains, and defied death.
Liz, if you're listening- this was your MASTERPIECE! (Sniff.)

mkmpoon
mkmpoon

Vivid is very difficult to get in Hong Kong nowadays. It stays for a long time, and within 3 hours of spraying I can still smell myself of it. It opens with a sharp violet note and then tails off with vanilla and musk. A very feminine and young perfume. I agree that it is similar to Byblos, though this one is more subtle and Byblos is very summery.

krissycat
krissycat

Thumbs up for this fume. I contemplated buying this one for a while, but finally decided to buy it and I'm not regretting it. The longevity on my skin is good, I've had it on several hours and I still keep smelling it. I have a bunch of other scents on too, and it's Vivid I keep smelling. The top notes are very violet centered, but luckily I love Violets which are one of my favorite flowers . It doesn't remain smelling like violets though, eventually it ends up smelling really gourmand for me, and I guess that is when the jasmine and the amber come through.. great perfume with many stages. I think this is my favorite Liz Claiborne perfume now where it used to be the original Realities

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

this smells very very similar to byblos by byblos, but duller and soapier to my nose. it's indeed a purple, clean scent, stays close to the skin and is easy to wear. quite unusual as byblos too. sillage good, staying power good.

but i like mutch more byblos which used to be my signature scent in the early 90's. it's sweeter, richer and playfuller as this one with a great superbe sillage and enormeous staying power. they have pretty mutch of listed notes in common (8 are identicals) less tiare i don t get anyway in this one, what is a real pitty!

while vivid dries down to a earthy shy not sweet vanilla with hints of purple flowers, byblos stays powerfull, sweet flowery/woody/musky and luscious in the base. i would say, vivid is a very weak derivate of byblos.

It contains 7 notes resembling Galliano, Vivid having a few more sensual floral notes like Freesia, Tiare and Lily, Galliano having a bit more of a dark base with Patchouli and Incense.

Ladies, this one is actually very purple! Dare I say a cousin to Galliano. The concept does not look the same at all, Galliano Gothic and this one transparent. But when I smell with my eyes closed, they are both SUPERB in translating the colour purple in a perfume.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Vivid is a very.lovely perfume. I just brought a 1.7oz bottle of it blind through an internet site because of the great reviews I've read about it and as far as I could tell there's only one perfume site in England that stocks it. I only got it a few days ago and I'm loving it. It's GORGEOUS! I like quite a few Liz Claiborne perfumes (my favorite is Curve) but this has to be one of her best. It's one of those perfumes you just want to breathe in very deeply, like taking a deep breath of fresh air. I think the jasmine and freesia are the predominant notes.

I totally agree with Rednose that this is a hidden beauty. I'm so happy I've finally got a bottle for myself and I'm going to be ordering more because it's so hard to get hold of. I don't want to run out of it and would love to have some in my perfume collection forever! There is one drawback though. It has very little staying power and seems to almost totally disappear within a few hours. If it had better staying power it would be an almost perfect scent for me.

deeannek
deeannek

This fragrance is a little strong and sharp at first but has a nice dry down. not my favorite but its nice enough.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

This to me smells like pure Lilac. It does not seem to have this ingredient but it sure smells like it though. Its a very strong and long lasting perfume. Its pretty enough and I don't have anything bad to say about this scent at all.

xen
xen

This is the one perfume that gets me the most compliments!!....I can only purchase it on line here in Australia.I always make sure I have a bottle..It stays on my skin all day long...this has been my sig scent for a long time...I always go back to Vivid :o)

moi
moi

I really found it so wonderful smell and all who smell it on me loved it alot

rednose
rednose

A masterpiece of simplicity & warmth. This is a hidden beauty. It doesn't need a flashy bottle, it's too classy and magnificent for that.

ineedavktion
ineedavktion

Really nice and soft. Not really super floraly, actually kind of warm and alluring on my skin. I just got a sample of this and I too may have to go out and get a small bottle!

Nuppu
Nuppu

Elisabeth Arden 5th Avenue is close to this beautiful floral. Maybe I have buy small bottle to enjoy this again.

crysna
crysna

lovely fragrance one of the most great parfums by liz claiborne. it's so femenine, enchanting and lovely!
beautiful notes, i got compliments all the time!

Vivid by Liz Claiborne 3.87 out of 5 based on 108 ratings and 23 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Liz Claiborne Vivid fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Liz Claiborne Vivid, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vivid by Liz Claiborne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vivid by Liz Claiborne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.