Designers » L » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Loewe Pour Homme Loewe for men

Loewe Pour Homme Loewe for men
dislike

Loewe Pour Homme Loewe for men Pictures

Loewe Pour Homme by Loewe is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men. Loewe Pour Homme was launched in 1974. Top notes are tangerine, lemon, lavender and basil; middle notes are geranium and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are amber, vetiver, sandalwood and oakmoss.

Tangerine Lemon Lavender Basil

Loewe Pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

Citrus.

From the time I started my penchant for perfumes to spending 10 years of collecting perfumes, I tended to always look for something unusual. Citrus perfumes to me were, too ordinary. I think I purposely overlooked citrus perfumes all this time, consciously - until I found Loewe Pour Homme and turned 30.

Being 30.

I think it's true that it takes time and maturity for one to be able to appreciate citrus fragrances or classics. In my case, it's 30 years. I used to wonder why Hermes has so many citrus fragrances, why do I think of Italians when I think of citrus, why are there so many shades of citrus, why barbershops use citrus scented products.

Now I know.. Citruses are like colors and finding a perfect blend of citrus fragrance is an art. Citrus is elegance, is gentleman, is wisdom. Citrus is, being able to perceive the simpler things in life.

Loewe Pour Homme

-AB-

Guapo
Guapo

It´s hard to find words to define the excellent quality of this fragrance.
Outdated? No! Not at all.
This fragrance reflects the excellence of Loewe House.
As mentioned on the package it's "full of memories". I remember using this perfume, in my 20 years of age on those early days of the 90s.
It is a fresh scent, very elegant, exquisite, with good longevity and that takes us to the south of Spain and the breeze from the Mediterranean coast. Unforgettable.
This is a perfume with 40 years of age in the world of fragrances for men.
A must in my collection. My second signature scent.

fnzeee
fnzeee

On the test strip this smelled a bit too sweet for my taste...the lemon and lavender are quite prominent in the opening. On the skin, these subside quickly and the oakmoss comes forward with subtle amber and sandlewood tones. There is still a tinge of vetiver and tangerine and a bit of geranium to keep it fresh. The lily is there as well, but the fragrance is very nicely balanced so no one note takes stage. Over time the flower and fruit notes retreat further and I get mostly musky oakmoss-sandlewood on drydown.

This really is a great lighter citrus fragrance for the summer months, but the oakmoss makes it also surprisingly good for wear in cold weather. Projection for me is soft...its not a room-filler by any means, but more an understated sensual scent for those who come close. Longevity is 6-8 hours for me.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Good reviews here from alfarom and Grottola.

Technically an aromatic fougere with some oakmoss in it. The focus is on the fresh herbs and aromatics, not the base (barbershop, lavender, oakmoss, etc). I do not find it as dry and bitter as Grottola, more fresh actually, but definately restrained and mannered as alfarom says.

One note stands out, something that reminds me of fennel, but without the "licorice". Overall: Think a mannered blend of spanish herbs, with a few dashes of lemon on top, and a quiet base that adds longevity without messing with the aromas.

In the H&R genealogy Lph sits right between Paco Rabanne and Azzaro, in the center of aromatic fougeres. Different from both, though, and worthy of buying if you like that genre.

landstein
landstein

Being born in Spain, I was offered this highly appreciated (by Spaniards) perfume when I was 19 (35 now) and moved to live to Paris. One day, a nice French girl told me "Wow, you have such a very nice Spanish smell"! The funny thing is she did not know I was Spanish... ¡¡!! Ever since, every time I use Loewe pour Homme or Esencia de Loewe, I have nothing but compliments. It is a very masculine yet elegant and sometimes fresh perfume. A true classic!

fuggerone
fuggerone

talking of vintage, when atomised takes a turn from the splashed on effect, a true blast from the past, masculine and refined and a true must for the dedicated perfumista!

kigyo
kigyo

Classic elegant herbal, woody, citrus. As if when you walk into a very old European drugstore store in Madrid, Wien etc. that is covered with old wood, very clean, and instantly takes you to another era. I always thought that this must be what retired spies smell like from the Cold War years. I take mine out every once in a while just to remind me what very high quality stuff smells like. Absolutely fantastic.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Great!One steady product from loewe besides the solo for men. A must have collection in guys wardrobe for classic stuff.

A classic and refined aromatic fougere the goes in the same direction as Tuscany per Uomo. A green aromatic opening with the usual lavander/citruses accord joined by bitter herbs and geranium. Oakmoss and vetiver make their appearance just right after enhancing the "classicism" of this composition. Compared to other similar fragrances of the period, Loewe Para Hombre is definitely more restrained and mannered and focuses on the fresh aspect of its components. Light, easy to wear and well crafted. No surprise.

If you like vintage fougeres but you're not into powerhouse, go for it.

svillatoro
svillatoro

People under 25 have no idea about good fragrances!!! They know about Carolina Herrera 30 versions or Hugo Boss... that's it... It is just like music, the newest the best... that's the trend...that's is why perfume houses come up with a new version every 4-6 months...

Loewe is one of the Best perfume Houses ever...

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

@gypsyparfumista....I just dont see any under 25's enjoying this.the initial blast of lavender is sure enough to irritate a few noses.You have to have enjoyed 80's fragrances to make sense of this.so please forgive them

Grottola
Grottola

Loewe Para Hombre is a bitter, herbal Mediterranean-styled chypre/fougère hybrid in the style of Aramis Tuscany or (more distantly), Azzaro Pour Homme. If anything. I'd say it's an aromatic fougère. Loewe Para Hombre is bone-dry and revolves around an accord of stark, bitter Clary Sage, lavender, and patchouli. The use of oakmoss and tonka in the base combined with the lavender decidedly make it smell like an aromatic fougère, and it gives me the same traditionally masculine, "meat and potatoes man" vibe that I get from most aromatic fougères. It actually gives off a "spa" sort of vibe on my skin. That "spa" vibe must be the herbs, because this stuff is all about a bitter, natural herbal notes to exclude any hint of sweetness from this and make it as masculine and conserved as possible. I would say it lasts anywhere from 6 to 10 hours on my skin, depending on weather and application.

I have a vintage bottle, so I can't judge the current formulation, but the version I have is definitely a quality fragrance. It took me a while to get into it, though, so I strongly suggest sampling first - don't blind buy Loewe Para Hombre.

"Loewe? Who are they?" I responded, when another member, I talk with often on the phone, asked me if I had ever tried them. "You'll see", they said (and I swear I could actually hear a subtle smug smile). Well, see and sniff I have. God, what a beautiful creation that I would have never experienced otherwise, had it not been for Fragrantican kindness...

*Thank you John, yet again!*

Loewe pour homme, when it hit my arm, smelled sour and kinda weird (aldehydes?); but as they, almost immediately, subsided an absolutely gorgeous green aroma wafted all around me. Citruses, sweet and sunny, and warm green basil became something superb and elegant. Sheer green muguet and soft lavender added floralcy, but it stayed green and bright. I detect something dry and peppery, no doubt the geraniums, as it continues to dry. Not too citric, nor herbally/flowery, LPH has an amzing aroma: natural, manly and quite invigorating. A drydown of clean incensy sandalwood with dry vetiver and heavenly oakmoss finish this as something just as green as it was, only a lot more down to earth and seriously sexy without any animalic feeling. I do not see why the "notes" are listed as linear; it definitely had some development on me. Perhaps a superhero would wear this. More than Batman, I see Green Arrow or maybe even Professor Xavier (mentor of the X-Men) sporting this. Clean, yet earthy with a hint of class and sharp wit about it, Loewe PH is not all that complex; but it is powerful and amazingly (and meanly) green...

Sillage: great
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.25/5

I had heard a few things about this House but had NO idea, they were this wonderful. Aromatic and fougere this deserves the classification it has received. To be completely honest, when I saw the release date (1974) I expected something somewhat stuffy, loud and "barber shop" smelling. Perish that thought! If I smelled like this after coming out of a Barber Shop, I would have to let my favorite stylist go...and get in line for a shave and a haircut! The more I sniff vintages and then go to the Fragrance Counters, the more I really wish I had been born maybe twenty years earlier, as so many of these gems are discontinued and expensive and hard-to-find!

I noticed in the demographics, of the "votes" above, that no one (male or female) under 25 voted on this, at all. You should give it a try, Boys...you don't know what you are missing!

RobbieX
RobbieX

Used to have this - a brilliant, fresh citrus scent - I'm sure there is leather in there too - wanna get some more Has a high quality bottle and top. This is great for summer..a very very good one!

i just bought one,i like this fragrance,
its fresh (mediterraneo)at 1st,then becomes spicy ! but very elegant.
also,long-lasting
(next target is Esencia)
(previous one was SOLO Loewe -2 times)

i just bought one,i like this fragrance,
its fresh (mediterranean)at 1st,then becomes spicy ! but very elegant.
also,long-lasting
(next target is Esencia)
(previous one was SOLO Loewe -2 times)

minimalist
minimalist

A classic in Spain
Reminds me of Cacharel p.h. in its citrus-clove (although not listed)twist.It's mediterranean, cultivated and surrounds you without intimidation.

Loewe Pour Homme by Loewe 4.25 out of 5 based on 123 ratings and 17 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Loewe Loewe Pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Loewe Loewe Pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Loewe Pour Homme by Loewe. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Loewe Pour Homme by Loewe represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.