Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Coral Flower Lolita Lempicka for women

Coral Flower Lolita Lempicka for women
dislike

Coral Flower Lolita Lempicka for women Pictures Coral Flower Lolita Lempicka for women Pictures Coral Flower Lolita Lempicka for women Pictures

Coral Flower is a female perfume from Lolita Lempicka house, famous for its fairy –tale unique bottles and remarkable scents. This fragrance was launched in July 2008 in a floral – oriental composition, created in cooperation with Maurice Roucel, and available as 30 and 50 ml edp. This fragrance was presented as the “sister” to L by Lolita Lempicka. The bottle carries an icy finish and the box has the color of sand, decorated with coral orange. The composition includes grapefruit, bergamot, orchid, frangipani flower, amber, musk and woody accords (driftwood).

Grapefruit Bergamot

Orchid Frangipani

Amber Musk Driftwood

Coral Flower Fragrance Reviews

smalltownbeatnik
smalltownbeatnik

I'm so happy to have discovered Lolita Lempicka! I've yet to be disappointed. This is another high quality perfume that lasts, projects, smells both delicious and unique, and offers a delightful sense of whimsy to my day.

Despite the citrus notes and summery marketing, I think this perfume has a sort of woody/gourmand flavor that works well into autumn.

heidisimpson
heidisimpson

my experience on this fragrance is weird. it does smell sweet and nice. its comfy and breezy. and it has some beach/tropicial vibe because of the salty dry sand. BUT there is always a little weird smell peeking through, which smells like dried cat pee on a cloth. its so weird cuz i dont think any of the notes in this fragrance will smell like this. and it seems that im the only one who has this problem. so i suggest u to try before u buy. if u dont smell the cat pee thing, its fine and its a nice fragrance for u.

CopperBlue
CopperBlue

I love my Coral Flower! The smell on me is melting, warm salted caramel. Or a praline on a hot New Orleans day. The citrus notes to me are not apparent; only the warm vanilla and slightly salty quality.

I also think this wonderful scent is a great value for the $$. When my bottle runs out I will be buying it again.

Snicole82
Snicole82

I agree with others who say this has a strong baby powder scent. Not bad, but not like the beach.

LittleDragonette
LittleDragonette

Coral Flower delivers everything the notes promise at first. Lovely. Unfortunately in the drydown all it broadcasts on my skin is powder. It's quite possible that it depends on the day; and I will most definitely give this another go. For now it's a bit to much baby powder for me.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

When you first try this perfume you feel like on exotic island, enjoying the hot sands of the beach...and the salty air...Simply awesome! It would be great to wear it on summer, while going to the pool or seaside... Not overpowering at all. I dont have it yet, but plan to purchase it very very soon!!!

jessica.arndt
jessica.arndt

I'm really surprised with Fleur de Corail. I was expecting something super fresh, and I am so happy I was wrong.
This one remembers me very much the L de Lolita Lempicka, but its much easier to wear. Its a perfect perfume for summer or spring and fall hot days.
Its sexy, sweet and young... Crisp!
I wrote on my L de Lolita Lempicka perfume review that I feel like a Mermaid using that. With this one I feel also like a Mermaid, but in a different way.
I feel under water! (So hard to explain this but it was the easiest way I found)

I feel like I am a mermaid, under the water, with all that beautiful ocean treasures around me. ahaha It sounds silly, but is how I feel.

Fleur de Corail is a very special fragrance and I cant wait to buy it. :)

It lasts long and the silage is moderate.

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

I only recently discovered that I bought the wrong perfume!
I had obviously bought Coral Flower a couple of years ago and remembered loving the fresh vanilla and seaside smell. Then I bought 'L' thinking it was the same one and couldn't understand the horrible sickly sweet cloying vanilla; I thought the formulation had changed!!
I am delighted that after the proper research I have found this divine fragrance again. This is one of my favourites!

JenAtticus
JenAtticus

I don't know how I feel about this perfume. It's super peppery spicy, I could smell it before I even opened the box. It smells like si lolita at first. I think it's just the amber I don't like I've never been a fan of amber. But based on the reviews I thought it would be more fruity/tropical. I also have no idea what frangipani smells like so I wouldn't know if I even smelled it. This perfume confuses me because I want to like it because I love the bottle and want to keep it but I doubt I'll ever wear it. To me it smells like an old lady :(

katten
katten

I bought this parfume after reading all those positive comments. Well, what a waste of money. It smells cheap and staying power is poor. Nothing special.

Jillita
Jillita

Pretty, powdery, sweetness. Definitely getting a bright grapefruit, and the frangipani on open, then an unusually beautiful amber and musky dry down, but the journey is so subtle and fugacious that I don't have time to really parse out all the notes and enjoy them to the full. The bottle is gorgeous to look at but difficult to manage with a leaking seal and stabby charms and the tiny jagged rock crystal at the top that rotates at the last minute and likes spraying me in the face. (Or I'm an idiot; I do have my suspicions.) No sillage, close to skin. Very feminine and soft. Like, not love (yet). To test again in warmer weather and I hope to catch a bit of the advertised driftwood then.

ETA: Was humid today and the driftwood note came through and the scent endured. Now this is stunning, and I've gone straight to heaven. It took time to develop on me. I'm glad I was patient; like turned to love.

flowerlvr711
flowerlvr711

This perfume is absolutely beautiful. I love it so much. Especially in the summer. Once I discovered this bottle I went to every tj maxx in my area and bought every bottle. Lol. I won't ever run out of this fairytale in a bottle. Its such a wonderful floral scent that is light and powdery on me at least. Its just like a dream in a bottle.

handmedownsue
handmedownsue

I'm a little disappointed as Coral Flower smells like so much vanilla, with a musk undertone. I was looking forward to less sweet and more earthy, with some citrus and floral. Maybe it will change with time.

lirael00
lirael00

Omg, I've loved this from the first spray on my wrist. I was so expecting something limey (I'm not the biggest fan of citrus and this name is coral so I've been doubting about it) but this was a total surprise. The scent is amazing. It takes me back to the Great Barrier Reef where I'm diving in this scent and exploring sea life. After an hour it turns into a play-dooh smell, but it's still amazing. It's very youthful and playful. It gives you an easy going feeling. Like the summer vacations and new adventoures are just around the corner. Heavenly!

advabart
advabart

Edee, I'm afraid it's you who got it wrong. The bottles match perfectly with the right fragrance.

deeanna
deeanna

De doux embruns vanillés. Very nice.

Teko
Teko

This's so awesome, so sweet & so delicious that I want to smell it all the time..

zaynaz
zaynaz

Goes on smelling of fresh orange rind, bitterly citrus. Softens into a 'sour' frangipani, which kind of reminds me of sunscreen mixed with sweat. It gets more musky as it dries down, but the frangipani stays. I don't exactly get 'driftwood'- it's very beachy and theres something keeping it from getting overly sweet and sickly. When I catch it from a distance it is more flowery, but up close the musk definately takes centre stage. It's certainly something fresh and summery, one of the few scents I've tried that definitely has a season.
I like the fact that it has that sour, salty edge to it, because otherwise I think this would be excessively sweet and tropical. I wish the bergamot would hang around a bit more, it would give it more interest. It doesn't last or project much on me, so it would be fine in the summer when you don't want your perfume becoming a noxious heavy funk.
The bottle is cute too.

sunnycocoloco
sunnycocoloco

I have a bottle of this if anyone is interested in it! Send me a message if you would like to have it.

Cairo Rose
Cairo Rose

Opened with lovely white floral and citrus but as it settled in the bitterness came forward. I do get the driftwood vibe too. Sillage was light to moderate on my skin. The bottle is the best part of this fragrance...very pretty in all aspects color and bling! I neither love not hate this one. TRY before you buy ...not a safe blind buy.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I totally agree with freddinos. i was expecting an oriental floral but to this isn't that. Or a floral version on L de L. nope it's bitter lemons.. A bit aquatic, a bit green but mostly bitter lemons.

Not for me, sorry

ftbnny
ftbnny

It smells like the Cote d'Azur en France... the loveliest scent of the salty sea! An awesome mixture of the subtle frangrances of the sunny sand with Lolita's tipical sweet and lovely notes. I usually wear it on gloomy blue winter days, just for fun:)

freddinos
freddinos

I can only say that the descriptions here are so different from the experience I had with Coral Flower! I decided to put this in my want and then have list, but in my opinion this belongs to the floral woody musk and not to my beloved oriental floral category. All I get from it is tons of lemon and citruses, lots of musk and slight sandalwood. No sweetness, no florals on my skin:( I was expecting to smell frangipani, orchid and amber but alas, lemony musk it was. It's not a bad perfume, it's just not me. I see this as a sister perfume to Si Lolita, and not L de Lolita Lempicka(with which they share similar bottles). If you like musky yet refreshing citrsusy scents then look no further, as Coral Flower could be a very good summer choice indeed

rthgdess
rthgdess

I don't normally prefer florals, but I love the original "L", so I was curious about this one. It's a wonderful soft, clean, pretty floral. Very inoffensive. Initially I didn't think of it as "beachy", but it is, just not like the beach of my experience (which is suntan lotion and honeysuckle all the way). No, this is like exotic Hawaiian beach-y. It's the Frangipani, which I did not realize is Plumeria, and it's sweet and lovely. I can also detect the driftwood scent, which gives it a fresh, dry, warm feeling. It's definitely worth a try.

susset
susset

Very delightful fragrance that reminds me a lot of Mochino Couture, just a bit more fresh.
Last very long on my skin.

tybee
tybee

Hmmm.... My experience was less than pleasant. At dry down, it smelled like Play-Doh to me.

I stood it as long as I could, then I put See by Chloe over it. Oddly, the two mixed well enough that I was able to tolerate it through the day.

My search for a summer fragrance continues...

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Well, this one is certainly interesting! It's 31degrees Celsius today and it seems like an appropriate day to try it.

Firstly, let me just say that this bottle is so wonderfully cute! It reminds me of Polly Pocket, does anybody remember those? I'm pretty sure there was one that looked just like this. There was a blue one, sea-themed, with a jewel on top. As a kid I was also obsessed with mermaids, so this little bottle is just irresistible to me.

Citrus lasts for about 30 seconds on me, at first it smells like Mai Tai tastes. It goes straight into a soft powdery-floral-amber. Quite interesting. I'm not sure what to make of it yet, sometimes I smell it and I 'can't smell it', if that makes sense. It reminds me of a salty summer cocktail. The amber note sometimes acts up and turns into a plastic doll note for me. Like a brand new plastic mermaid barbie dipped in a salty summer cocktail. That probably makes no sense.
So unusual.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

I didn't get much citrus opening with Coral Flower. It started almost directly with frangipani and amber. I didn't manage to relate the fragrance with sea like other reviewers do. But if sniff closer, I was able to detect a slight salty note. There is also a smoky texture that reminds me of Lush Lust and Annick Goutal Songes, which I assume is a particular interpretation of white flowers, and unfortunately is not my favourite way.

Overall it's a warm fragrance to my nose. I'd prefer wearing in spring and autumn, though it'd be a interesting choice in a summer evening or even in the day for oriental fans. The sillage for the first hours is relatively strong, but after 3 or 4 hours it becomes close to skin while remaining a certain intensity. The longevity is 7h at least. Though not really my cup of tea, it's still a fragrance of quality.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

This fragrance encapsulates all the sweetness and innocence of a day at a circus near the sea, like Coney Island. The first smell I get is a salty taffy, then soft comforting flowers as if the beautiful trapeze artists have just walked by with flowers in their hair, then I get a citrus lemonade, all with the constant ocean notes in the background.

Today, as I was wearing this and appreciating how gorgeous it is, my first thought was how I want to live in Lolita Lempicka's world; this beautiful magical world with a never-ending carnival, and then I thought of the beautiful and innocent Gelsomina in Fellini's La Strada. This perfume would have been made for her. It has all her innocence and sweetness, her beauty, simplicity, and vulnerability in one gorgeous heart-shaped bottle. A true masterpiece of art and beauty!

xabaras
xabaras

What I smell at the first spray is a lovely floral sweet note which I assume is the frangipani. It is a round envelopping note, not your tipical sharp flower you either love or hate. It is surprising in a way. After about 5 minutes a sweeter vanilla note appears in the composition. I know there is no vanilla in the notes, but that is what it seems like to my nose. Can it be the musk mixed with the amber? And there you have it: Coral Flower at its best. It remains like that until it fades away. It is very subtle, which in a way could make you think of soapiness, but it is a fragrance I find quite pleasant and even original. The drydown makes me think of Amour by Kenzo, but much more delicate. A positive experience on my skin.

cnotche
cnotche

I see that most of the reviewers of this scent really loved it. Talk of citrus spice and wafts of vanilla make me a bit jealous, as I get none of that with Coral Flower on my skin.

From first spray, I got soap. Clean, woody soap...but still soap. It smells like the handmade sandalwood and patchouli soaps sold at the tiny tourists shops that are all over the coast here in OR. In fact, it smelled so similar to natural patchouli I was surprised not to see it in the notes. Perhaps this is the frangipani I am smelling (I have never smelled that particular flower), mixed with the driftwood? It's not unpleasant, just very boho (which I am not). I agree, I can see it being beachy without the stereotypical coconut.

It didn't change much, even in the drydown. I have say I was disappointed. It's nice, and pleasant, but it just smells like soap on me. It would be a nice air freshener or fabric softener, but not something I want to wear on my body. I think I will try its sister, the original L de Lolita--that sounds more up my alley.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I agree with Anna that this smells a bit tropical. It is sweet and slightly warm, ambery, musky...
Cosy scent!

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Coral Flower makes me think of tropical breeze, white sand and blue water. It's like being on tropical island. Instant holiday feeling. Very unique and unlike many scents. Works perfect during warm days. Definitely a keeper.

plumblossom
plumblossom

This fragrance smells like cinnamon biscuit on my skin, but not too heavy, not too sweet, pleasant !

LaPetite
LaPetite

I really love this perfume, I bought it in a hurry recently, because it is going to be discontinued soon , I'm sure! It starts to be really hard to find in shops...
To me it's a very summery perfume, some say beachy , and I agree, probably because of the frangipani note, I have the feeling it is used a lot for sunscreen lotions.
I don't know how to explain ( English is not my native language), but this scent smells" wet" , not in a bad way, like a used towel one would have forgotten in the corner of the bathroom. It smells like fresh rain on flowers.
My skin usually hates the musk note , but with this perfume, it's heavenly!
Grab it before it's too late!!!

mignonnie
mignonnie

Oooow, I smell sooo well, like beach according to others, where I think it is hippy, for that is me, where I think I am more than that alone, for I am EVERYTHING, according to Inner Self that I have by wearing it, where I wear it as you like on skin according to others, where I think it's clothes all day, for fragrance lasts longer on fabric as you all know, so I don't know where you get the idea from that clothes are less, for I wear them on my skin, that smells lovely heavenly with clothes on that are scented with perfume that smells like incense according to others, where I wear incense all day for I burn it, so that's the reason that I like the smell, do you think? Where I think that smell is what I want to be on a day, not what I am according to Inner Self, who thinks that I may be what I AM, not what others think I am to call me hippy, for I more like the smell of hippy, for it is what it is: eccentric to others, where I think that I am eccentric by heart, for I know who I am, where you think I am eccentric for I say so to call me hippy where I am ME!

bananas
bananas

I really love this scent too.
It does take me away to a Summer's day, hot, bright glaring sunny day smoldering into the balmy night.
I get a coconutty vibe from this but maybe that's the driftwood coming through.
It does remind me of warmer climates & I wear it in high Summer times.
Beachy ? YES. Fresh & salty air? YES & YES.... with a rich powdery dry-down. & good things to be grateful for.

bailarina
bailarina

Surfer-girl before taking a shower (not because she smells XD, but because she smells like beachy things), sandy and kind of cool.
Smells like a Hawaiian beach. I don't care much for the "driftwood" note but I love the frangipani and amber notes. It is not boring at all and smells very natural. I like it, it is interesting and original.

cdred
cdred

I don't know what to think of this perfume, I do know that it does smell like bug spray...Hmm..

mihaela01
mihaela01

Super nice fragrance with frangipani,I fell like I am in vacation when I wear it,I prefer it in the summer time staying power is about 4h.

sparkybish
sparkybish

Many thanks to tltorrens for figuring out which nostalgic scent of our childhood this evokes! You have saved me countless puzzled sniffs of my wrists!

It does remind me of the old Avon bubble bath, but better, of course, and consequently, it reminds me of nights spent at my grandmother's house. I would take long bubble baths with Avon bubble bath in her huge claw foot tub, then sit with my sisters while our hair air dried in the summer breeze on her back porch.

After an initial blast of citrus, Coral Flower settles down into that elusive combination of creamy and powdery, while fresh and salty. This is one of those scents best caught in just a wee whiff on a breeze; the perfect kind of perfume for a light summer application.

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

Sultry, homey, weekend, comforting...all words my family described when asked how this perfume made them feel when smelling it. Honestly, the last thing that came to my mind is salty, beach air and suntan lotion. The frangipani is understated. As a blind swap, I thought this one may be similar to BBW Plumeria from way back but thank goodness its not even close. The amber pulls the strong sweetness of the plumeria/frangipani way back into something warm and lush. It is hard to compare this to L from Lolita Lempicka because they both have such different compositions. I personally think the bottles put people in a mindset that is not necessarily what the liquid inside indicates. I guess that is what clever marketing does. I think this would be a wonderful year round perfume however I will put it out for summer use. Overall a delight.

Happy Perfuming! ♥

Devrinna
Devrinna

Nostalgia, saudade. This is what I feel when I'm wearing this beautiful scent. It makes me happy but at the same time it makes me blue. It has something I can' not put my finger on, but that reminds me of summer teenager evenings, telling secrets to your friends, firsts summer loves... It is sweet but it is salty, it is sunny but also dark, it is innocent but is wicked...Is a very contradictory scent, and special, very special

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

I think this perfume was created for Vietnamese. Because this scent have a special flower in Vietnam - frangipani and this scent very very suitable for Vietnam's weather... I LOVE THIS ONE....

greycardigan
greycardigan

I'm in love! L and Si don't compare to this beauty.

jessamine
jessamine

I love it! It smells like the beach and like incense, it's very bohemian. It lasts for a while on me and perfect for the Florida climate. I like it better than L, which to me just smells like vanilla.

lhudson2607
lhudson2607

I bought this because one of its main notes is listed as frangipani but I'm afraid it was too sweet for my taste.

xStashx
xStashx

To me this is a beachy fragrance, but not coconut or citrus beachy. It's a salty ocean breeze over skin that has been lotioned with sunscreen. Or better yet, the way your skin smells at the end of a breezy day at the beach. It is a unique scent that works well in warm weather, but can also be worn during winter when you need a quick mental escape to the seaside.

Sapphi9
Sapphi9

Turns into an obnoxiously cheap vanilla/sandalwood combo on me after about 5 minutes, but that's really not uncommon. Happens about 75% of the time with me. My body chemistry hates me. I love the smell on my friend though, so wonderfully beachy! If it works with your chemistry, lucky you! :)

KittyCute
KittyCute

Oh yes! :) This perfume has a playful character and tricky all the time. Once it smells very fresh / like you wearing white clean clothes and walking on a salty seashore ,then another day it has more soapy / detergenty notes in a background ... Maybe frangipani flower makes this scent a little bit strange / weird too. I wasn't sure about this perfume after I tried it for a very first time. Later I found it very unusual, unique and quite interesting fragrance-its hard to explain.... There is not soooo much in-common with sweet vanilla / cinnamon of "L de Lolita" except the bottle's design. I found this edition much fresher and better for spring / summer days. Don't buy it blind! Test it first if its possible or buy a smaller bottle.

vicka16
vicka16

Coral Flower is a very nice fragrance, very sweet but not overpowering floral and creamy. It's completely different from L de Lolita Lempicka, so I don't really understand why the bottle looks like the original L flanker.
Anyways, when I sprayed Coral Flower on my skin today, I liked it right away (I must say there is no a big difference between the opening and the drydown, I don't detect much citrus notes either). But because I saw so many bad review about this fragrance, I was curious to know what my familly think about it. Result: my husband liked it, and my 5 years old daughter loved it!
So for these who tells that it smells like seaweed... or they want to womit, come on people! maybe it doesn't match with you skin chemistry?

star24
star24

Blind buy and regretted the moment this vile mix of seaweed and cheap synthetic antiperspirant hit my wrist.My skin must have reacted to this as it was sour salty and very hard to wash of!100ml bottle given to mum who loved the vile liquid?My advice don't blind buy this it is very unusual

18thCenturyFox
18thCenturyFox

Saw the gorgeous bottle and it was priced for a song at Marshall's. I sprayed it lightly on my wrists and headed home and was ready to vomit by the time I got there a half hour later. On my skin this morphs into a vile, bitter Eye of Sauron scent. I have terrible descriptive powers but if I could have escaped my own skin~I would have. I showered immediately, and still could smell Corail Flower. I ran to return it and even the sales lady who attended me was like "Whew! That is supposed to smell good?" I've never had such a bad reaction to a frag before. However it seems there is something very fundamental in LL scents that don't agree with my chemistry. Such a shame because I adore the flacons.

daisygirl
daisygirl

I bought this because I really like L de Lolita and I hoped that this might be just as nice. Unfortunately this one isnt as unique as the other lempicka perfumes. The initial spray is strong and smells like some shampoo or deoderant that I once had. The frangipani note is synthetic and overpowering but eventually settles. This perfume is fairly short lived on the skin too lasts about 2 hours.

chem1cal4r0mance
chem1cal4r0mance

I bought this as a blind buy because so many people said it has that nag champa scent to it, and it does but it's very mild. It's a really pretty fragrance, with that oceanic -salty/ citrusy feel. To me it's not very heavy but actually quite light.
So, even though I liked it, I still needed that nag champa that I was originally looking for, and for this to happen - I knew some mixing was in order.
I mixed this with Memoire Liquide's "Nag Champa Indien" perfume
YAY! RESULTS!!! I love this little concoction that I made up, it is PERFECT! They go together like it was just meant to happen.

seneca
seneca

Smells wonderful in its' bottle.

Scent lasted about an hour and smelled like clay-dough and very watery fruit through initial application, and entire dry down. Then it went poof.

It did not take to my skin at all. Glad I only got a mini. Will be giving it away

windswept
windswept

This one was a blind buy I wanted to like.. but alas it doesn't seem to agree with me. I get a heady blast of soap from this one. It does smell much better on dry, warm days as opposed to cool rainy days- huge difference there. Another thing I noticed- this one disagrees with coffee. I sprayed this on shortly before having a cappuccino and it made me feel sick. It might be great for a trip to the pool or the beach though. It also wouldn't wash off your skin so easily.. I could still smell it after a long shower!

Minze
Minze

Funny how different everyone describes this really gorgeous scent! For me (means: on me...) it's sweet marzipan and absolutely no male scent. In comparison e.g. whith Lolita Lempicka's "Si" it's quite female, warm and cosy.

I don't smell citrus fruits. I don't smell the ocean. I just smell a yummy bar of marzipan coated with chocolate.

As I am very fond of gourmand flavours it's no surprise that I like it. No matter if licorice, coffee, caramella, vanilla or whatever - as long it's foody, you'll get me^^ I'm so blown away by Lolita Lempicka's scent that I have to have them all. So far not one that I don't like. And her bottles are also a great eyecatcher on the shelf^^

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

I really like Lolita Lempicka perfumes as they are very unusual and intense and the packaging is so pretty. Bought this unseen for £10.50 in Ebay and am really happy with it. The bottle is gorgeous and the scent is exotic. First spray is very intensive,citrussy and spicy with intensive amber and bergamot,then the frangipani and orchid flowers come though with the amber and driftwood. It does have a slightly masculine depth to it,but I tend to go for that as I find that those sorts of scents suit me best and last really well. Definitely a good addition to my collection.

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

love it! lemony and salty very fresh and invigorating! The kind of scent you can wear in the morning to wake you up.. Reminds me slighty of old spice kinda. A man could pull it off if they are well dressed, thin and clean. Not for the lumberjack type!!

Elbereth
Elbereth

I judge fragrances separately from their exteriors, but am always utterly delighted when the bottle matches it's personality.

Intrigued by the strong note of Frangipani, this bottle was an impulsive blind buy at four in the morning. When I got it, I decided to just try it instead of waiting with a piece of paper for all the notes to develop.

As soon as the top notes wore off, I was immediately reminded of a small island in the Outer Banks of North Carolina that my family visited a few times. The scent seems so familiar, like something in one of the quaint little stores there. Perhaps it's because Fraginpani, otherwise known as Plumeria, is so commonly associated with islands that it found a place in this part of the world too.

Perhaps it's just the sentimentality of it all, but this is a really lovely fragrance. Normally I like the big sillage beasts like the Poisons, and Muglers, or strong fragrance oils. Coral Flower doesn't have much sillage, and it's certainly a lot lighter than what I am accustomed to, but perhaps that lends itself to the closeness of that place. It's more personal in the way a memory would be.

It's hard to say it's a summer fragrance; it would get lost in the heat, sweat, chlorine, fruits, and cookouts. But as summer ends, it's like watching the waves on the sand after you're too cold to go back in the water, but still want to enjoy what you experienced.

Thalia
Thalia

To me, this scent is a symphony of qualities that begin with an s: Sweet, Syrupy, Salty, Smoky. It's a thick, warm, almost cloying scent -- fortunately the bitterness of salt, lemon, and woodsmoke cut the sugary edibleness and give it an intriguing, addictive jolie-laide quality. Far from summery, it makes me think of a sunny, chilly autumn morning, walking toward a cabin in the woods with the heavy tang of smoke from the chimney mingling with odors of breakfast within -- bacon and pancakes with maple syrup. It's not listed here, but some sites include immortelle among the notes -- that would certainly explain the maple syrup!

There is nothing here I associate with summer, the tropics, or the beach (except the salt ...). I wear it in fall and winter, and even though I don't much like gourmands, I thoroughly enjoy its cozy effect. And the bottle is perfectly lovely.

dianasihy
dianasihy

Smells like old lady perfume at first. After hours, it smelt REALLY good on my skin. Unique fragrance.

Migalex
Migalex

To me it smells of a mixture of toffee, coffee and cinnamon. A bit like tiramisu. Too gourmand for my taste. It seems to be Lolita Lempicka's main trend. I do like this one better than Lolita Lempicka and L, but not much.

fath1ma

minute 10 wood, musk, amber, frangipani

Tested on left wrist, in my room with Air Conditioner 23 Celcius

Baby Dior
Baby Dior

Esto es muy diferente nunca en mi vida habia olido algo como esto por eso amo los perfumes de LL son muy diferentes pero donde yo vivo son muy caros es super especial y diferente y los hombres lo notan les encanta ademas de que dura un monton y las botellas son hermosas lo amo lo amo lo amo

tltorrens
tltorrens

This is more an observation than a review, but the reason that this scent evokes so many memories for some is that it smells exactly like Avon's famous bubble bath in the original scent, as well as their Skin So Soft bath oil. I remember this so well because my grandmother used to be an Avon fanatic back in the 70s.

When I first sprayed this scent, it was like traveling back in time. Sadly, I no longer want to smell like that.

maianh83
maianh83

On me, she smells simlar to TM Womanity with lots of Frangipani !
This is how I wish Womanity to smell like !
Howerver, the longevity of Womanity is better !
And Womanity is a bit louder !

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

oh no, I have become a Lolita Lempicka fan because of my last blind buy .__.; I went ahead and snagged me a 1 oz bottle of this since I love plumeria scents and since all the reviews here are so far good, I hope I like it! the bottle is extremely cute x3 reminds me of something Id see on mermaid Melody <3

I finally have this and I tested it tonight at my job, Im so so so happy I got this! this is one of the prettiest bottles I have ever seen in my life, one of those I just cant throw away once im out of the juice x'D looks like something I'll keep in my bathroom with all my sea and mermaid/like things and about the juice x3 the best part!

this reminded me of what a Princess of the sea would smell like when she splashes out of the water on to dry land!(yep, Im being cheesy with my fantasy again!) she'd smell a bit like the salty sea, along with the plumeria flowers stuck in her long mermaid/like hair then with hints of driftwood she would be clinging on while gazing at the blue and bright sky from the water..n_n.. this scent is just lovely and simple, I couldn't get enough of it,

Emmy-Isla
Emmy-Isla

I'm yet to find a LL perfume that I don't like and this one was no exception, I got the 80ml, a blind buy after reading so many good reviews and I wasn't disappointed. The vanilla, citrus and powder work beautifully together to make a sensual yet fresh fragrance. I think it is girl yet slightly more mature than some of the others such as Forbidden Flower or the original LL.

smelling_gr8
smelling_gr8

This was my blind purchase and so far so good. It smells like a weaker slightly soapier version of Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aloha Tiare. It is nice but can be quite heady, I have tried it on a cold rainy day but I wonder if it'd smell better on a hot sunny day.

KateAnette
KateAnette

Very unique scent, haven't smelled any other perfume like this. Salty and beachy. Not the coconut/ sweet/ suntan lotion kind of beachy. Smells like clean skin does, after sea and sun, with just a hint of sweetness. I still have to try it in warmer weather, but it works even in cold weather. Lasts all day, sillage is good. Love <3

icekat
icekat

Coral Flower is definitely a different way of recreating the image of a tropical beach. This is not a salty, aquatic or citrus fresh fragrance but rather hot, dry and sunny. The combination of an amber, driftwood and spices reminds me of sinking into hot white sand with the warm sunshine on my skin while listening to the waves. I love the touch and smell of hot, sun bleached sand and I am impressed that this fragrance was able to recreate this experience for me.

There is much more in the opening then just straight up grapefruit and bergamot. There is something hot and spicy, perhaps a pinch of cinnamon and other spices. It is hot and sunny, bright and fun. The tropical theme continues with the lovely frangipani layered on the spices in the heart notes. The amber and driftwood are also with a touch of spices and sizzling hot in the dry down. The fragrance has an impressive sillage and longevity. It is lasted for 10 hours on me.

Overall score is 7.5/10. This scent is unique and fun to wear. I like it a lot but I would suggest testing before buying.

lilou
lilou

I love it ! Warm, sweet, a little bit smokey and unusual. It's like a mix between a fragrance for young women (something sweet and floral) and a fragrance for mature women (oriental). According to me it can be worn every day of the year : it smells like this special moment after a swim, when you sleep in the sun. The staying power is very good.

queen_jeeves
queen_jeeves

Doesn't do it for me. Smells like 'tropical breeze' cleaning product.
It's L de Lolita minus everything that makes L special.

*sophi*
*sophi*

This is far my best from Lolita Lempicka series..The perfume is nice blended citrus-y opening and orange blossom is detectable to it.The missin notes should be the coconut oil as some have mentioned and incense !!!Yes,the powdery/creamy feeling is the coconut and the incense ...The incense gives it the touch of smokiness .It's like the Prada Infusion d'Iris kind of feeling...:)
The whole composition is flowery ,powdery and a bit smokey!
I like it a lot and sure is lastin ...

Blimunda
Blimunda

You know that specific smell of the plastic sandals for the beach when they warm up on the extremely hot sand? Well, now imagine a little girl sitting beside them on her beach towel, eating colorful fruit shaped hard candies and... there you have the Coral Flower smell!
No, it's not some hidden coral treasure from the bottom of the sea, but a lost sandal, yes, might be!
Yellow, plastic, yet sweet ordinary smell with poor lasting power. A real disappointment for me...

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

In general I adore heavier 'character' smells. Something that leaves an impact & is recognizable without that it acts as a 'force-field' of odour. Softer smells are welcome if they have a charm that lingers and are wonderful for breezy summer days, days at home, office hours or just for the times you want something 'light'.
After hearing & reading so much about it, I must confess; Lolita Lempicka's "Coral Flower" is a disappointment to me. It is a soft, powder smell with a faint floral whiff and a hint of sea air, but to my nose it lacks character.
The staying power is also disappointing and I can hardly smell it after twenty minutes or so. If you like a hint of flowers wrapped in sea-salt and don't mind refreshing it a couple of times, this one might do the trick. But why spent so much?
Oh, and one can't talk about this scent without mentioning the bottle! It's a very organic rock shape with little charms. It's a bottle you just don't ever want to throw out due to its decorative look. It fits wonderfully in the palm of your hand, it took me however some time to figure out how to spray it (it's a bit hidden). I only wish they had given as much thought to the potion inside as they -obviously- did to the design of the bottle, because I really wanted to love this one. And I still hope to find a Lempicka that will suit me.

Hellokitty7
Hellokitty7

I LOVE THIS PERFUME! I smell vanilla . I love this perfume. Me encanta este perfume! Huelo la vainilla. Me encanta este perfume.

acv43
acv43

I completely agree that Coral flower has a strong family resemblance to L. Based of the notes I expected there to be no similarity between the two- but in fact i get cinnamon in coral flower even though it is not listed. Life has taught me never to speak in absolutes so while i can't say for sure than fans of L will like this, i will say that it is a strong possibility.
However there are important differences-floral notes,non-orange citruses, and sandalwood are definitively more pronounced and overall sweetness is decreased.
In my mind coral flower is " L's day at the beach".
Suppose L is a hard working baker, a cupcake maker(why not). All day L surrounds her self with the scrumptious aromas associated with her craft..cinnamon, vanilla, and orange peel. One day L'S husband surprises her with a romantic Hawaiian vacation. After a fabulous flight free of screaming infants, children kicking seats, and Adam Sandler movies L is on the beach and ready to relax. She has a gorgeous Frangipani (given by her husband-gosh he is so romantic! lol) blossom tucked behind one ear, she is drinking a refreshing mojito, and somewhere in the distance someone is burning sandalwood incense. The bakery smells are still present but fading and mixed with the sweet aromas around her... with perhaps just a touch of salty sea air.

BetsyMeszaros
BetsyMeszaros

got this as a sample when I ordered something for my husband. I absolutely love it and he loves it on me. It is not too floral or sweet. Although it is suppose to have a lot of vanilla in it I really don't detect it too much. This is unusual since I tend to like the vanilla perfumes and although this is one of those the vanilla doesn't come through so strong on me. Which makes it something really different from what I usually wear.

Am I the only one that thinks this has overtones of Opium?

Somehow I feel like someone took the best of Shalimar, Opium and and the original formulation of Dune and blended them all together.

I was very disappointed to find out this is a special edition and has been discontinued. I bought 4 bottles of it immediately.

My only complaint it it doesn't seem to last more then a couple of hours on me.

Soutty123
Soutty123

I am very disappointed in this it's nothing like the other Lolitas. It smells like some sort of cleaning product. A terrible blind buy for me. Glad I got it cheap and only bought 30ml.

frusia
frusia

This perfume reminds me of another one, but I can't remember what. It's very very musky on my skin and it smells great. Makes me think of a very hot and lazy summer day with no worries on the horizon. Heavy and sweet, lovely

boruvka44
boruvka44

Sandalwood-vanilla ice cream.

kimee
kimee

I don't usually like powdery scents but I love this! It's a fresher more summery version of L De Lolita Lempicka (which I have and is one of my favourites) This doesn't make me hungry like L De does! (which is probably a good thing, otherwise I would be gaining weight very quickly hehe) It's still a yummy scent to me though just not as extreme. This feels like an uplifting and clean out of the shower scent, with some saltiness added to the mix. The first spray is strong citrus to start with but mellows out quickly. The dry down is delightful powder and musk.

stella-00
stella-00

i have read that this perfume got discontinued, so grabbed 3 at the same time. as i know that the nose is Maurice R.- so with him u can't go wrong. plus i love L de Lempiska.
So, for people who still unsure: this perfume is NOT like L de Lempiska, AT ALL. And i let myself disagree with people saying that if u like the L - u ll like the coral flower. No way. Definitely, - needs a test before buy.they are very polar. to my opinion. similar only by bottles. I do not have regrets at all, personally, as i love all the works of MR as a nose.

This perfume is definitely smelling sand and beach. if u like powdery dry down of Shalima, - Fleur de Corali will appeal to u. i like it. and will be using for spring and summer, as in my head and on my skin it is 'cool', not like L de Lempiska 'warm' and inviting. I totally agree with some of the comments- there is something captivating in the sent, i find it appears in @ 10- 15 minutes, while when u spray it first - 'cheap sh''e" - that's what comes to ur mind as as comparison... But do not let it put the gem aside. it is really beautiful....let it develop and unfold....
I am not a 'nose' to write and enumerate the 'notes', i am submitting my review as a typical 'user', ok?

One thing i must tell- all the perfumes that i was unsure or dislike at the beginning- i have learnt to give them '2nd chance', or to be more exact- that 2nd chance to myself to get into their core. it pays it back....

And please, do not judge by the bottle. the look is only a bonus!!!

satying power/longevety - 8/10 - all day @ 8-22, with 1 top up ( stays on the clothes till the nxt day).

projection 8/10 - 2-3 feet, 2-3 hs later- @ 1 foot.

unique, not a 'crowd ' smell. LOVE - LOVE - LOVE it!

Terrunka
Terrunka

I bought Lolita Lempicka online but the different one. At first I didn't like it at all. It smelt like some cheap parfum. But next week everything changed. I fell in love with this scent and I'm really happy that I got it. Sweet, powder, fresh.

You should try it first! Not for everyone.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

I tested it on my skin yesterday and I found it tempting. There's something in this perfume that makes me feel delighted, and it is something I cannot describe or define. The bottle is a masterpiece whereas the smell takes me to summer days and nights-no anxiety, no pressure, no duties, just captivating the moment and live with passion.This one is the most appropriate to evoke memories ! Adorable !

Angellina1998
Angellina1998

It's very overpowering and strong.Just a heavy floral scent.

swill122
swill122

I ordered a sample of this, mistakenly thinking I had ordered L de Lolita Lempicka. I was in for quite a surprise when I got a whiff of this on my wrists. It's a very strong floral scent that, personally, reminds me of the bowls of potpourri my aunt used to leave around her home. I've never been a fan of heavy floral scents, and this is no exception. I was looking for something a little more mature, but I think this is too much for someone my age (late teens-early twenties). Definitely A scent you should try before you buy. For now, I think I'll stick with the original Lolita Lempicka.

Bab

Just to add to my previous review of this fragrance...I was standing in line at Costco and two separate women said I smelled gorgeous and wanted to know the perfume I was wearing. One woman was older and was rather young...maybe late 20's. So, it can appeal to all ages.

SweetP
SweetP

Definitely a daytime scent. It smells like a baby powder and a floral incense, warm and comforting.

sarage
sarage

This is my latest blind buy, and I took a risk since oriental floral is not my perfume category at all.

I love the bottle! I find it one of the most beautiful perfume bottles. (my zodiac sign is pisces..)

I don't smell any lemon in it, the salty notes are strong. This takes you under the water, somewhere deep and warm, in contrast to light, aquatic breeze scents.

I like this, because it is so different from my fruity scents. It is mature, in my opinion, not too heavy for my taste.
To me this is a fall and winter fragrance, there is something warm, cozy and softly sensual in it.

artsymom
artsymom

I think it's one of the prettiest perfume bottles (especially the adorable mini!), but the strong salt note in this bothered me. It had rather unimpressive staying power on me, too. "Fresh" smelling, not sweet, definitely salty on my skin... try before you buy - unless you really just want the bottle :)

UPDATE: This has grown on me. For days I kept wondering WHAT smells so good in my house?! and then found out that my 4 year old "accidentally" dumped out the little mini on the downstairs carpet.

hollyinmn
hollyinmn

Ugh. So excited to get this after reading the reviews. I was expecting a delicious beachy smell- I smell like my great grandma's house. Old, powdery- gross. Def try before you buy.

Raquel73
Raquel73

Esta fragancia es encantadora,ideal para el verano,me gustaria tuviera mas duracion en mi.Sobre mi piel dura aproximadamente 4 horas.A veces la uso para ir a dormir y me encanta!!

Angelique11
Angelique11

Coral Flower is one of the most beautiful fragrances I’ve smelled. I bought it blind because I love most Lolita Lempicka fragrances and was pleasantly surprised to find a fresh floral, ocean clean, and for me original. It’s not like L with it’s rich vanilla which I also love, but it has a loveliness all it’s own. This little tropical floral is uncomplicated and lasts all day and into the night. Perfect for spring and summer.

The Frangipani in Coral Flower reminds me of Chanel Beige, but instead of being beautifully covered in honey, it goes into a fresh breezy Orchid Musk lightened by hints of Lemon, Bergamot, and Amber. What a pleasant surprise!

LaBoheme84
LaBoheme84

Coral Flower is one of my favorite fragrances, ever. However, there's one strange thing about it: it was better as a sample (I ordered one from The Perfumed Court). I think this might be because the top notes fade faster when it's dabbed on as opposed to sprayed on...? Or maybe something happens when it's sprayed through the air, I don't know. I like it the most about 20 minutes after I've sprayed it on, when the top notes have faded and you get the full-blown LOVELY suntan lotion-like frangipani with the musky undertone. Before that, there's an ever-so-slight strange vibe about it - kinda rubbery, smoky, sharp. Weird chemistry with my skin, I guess. It's interesting in a way, though, and it's worth it because later it's just wonderful :)

orchid_84

This is definitely an unusual fragrance, so it's one you'll want to test before buying. It seems to vary a lot depending on your skin chemistry.

I'll have to respectfully disagree that this scent will not appeal to those who don't like powdery scents. It may or may not smell powdery to you depending on how it reacts with your skin chemistry. Personally, I despise perfumes that smell like baby powder or smell powdery in general. Yet I love this fragrance - because it doesn't smell powdery on my skin at all.

So, my advice would be to not discount this fragrance (or any other) without first testing it out. It could smell like baby powder to you, or like lemon pie, or like a beautiful citrusy-floral-driftwood scent (as it does to me).

As far as this scent being beachy, I personally don't smell salt or any other typical "oceanic" or "beach" notes in this. It's hard to describe, but I think it's the strong driftwood scent that makes me associate it with the ocean. I don't think it's naive for people to call this fragrance "beachy" or "mermaid-like" as we all have different personal associations that affect this. Coral Flower also smells differently depending on your chemistry. So while some people may be disappointed that they don't get any ocean vibe from this scent, or from L, that's not necessarily because others are mistakenly or innocently coming to that conclusion. We all have different ideas about what reminds us of the ocean, and the way this perfumes actually "smells" apparently varies a lot between people as well.

I live in a coastal city where I get "wafts" of the ocean every day....Coral Flower doesn't smell literally like this ocean, but it certainly gives off a feel that reminds me of the sea.

Raina
Raina

I never really understood the basis of the bottle design for the L de Lolita Lempicka range. L de Lolita does not smell like anything remotely to do with aquatics or sea, but here in Fleur de Corail it all becomes clear.

At first spray it is citrusy, the bite of sea water, and powdery at the same time. The relation to L is also at it's strongest here, with fleur de corail being a lighter version of L de Lolita. The citrus eventually calms and turns into something faint and rather pastry-filling like, and gives way under the overwhelming powder that makes up this scent. The resulting scent has less to do with sea than the way skin smells when we've been out in the water. Some sun and (gentle) wind, a little water (occasionally of the swimming pool variety, but not in an unpleasant way and very faint), and a powdery kind of sunblock (ones that are "unscented" and not at all coconut. You know the type if you've used it.)

On my skin something horrible happens and a disgusting note rears it's ugly head, turning the soft, powdered down, seawater version of L de Lolita into a patchouli-gone-wrong with some sea water.

This does have the tendency to smell somewhat like baby powder, so if you're not a fan of powdery scents this will not be for you. In fact the only reason I reviewed this is because I sprayed it out on a card and was better able to appreciate the changes and subtle nuances of this, on my skin it smells like a public restroom. Not for me.

EDIT 1/7/12: This is such a tease! I revisited this in the hopes that I could learn to love it. Nope, I still stand by my earlier review. On the right person this has the potential to smell beachy. Not beachy in a sweet and soft way as you'd typically associate beachy scents, but more in a wet sand sticking to your toes kind of way. Dirty and realistically smelling of the beach. That seawater and sand sort of note lingers for me and never delivers. So sad.

fanciful
fanciful

Smells like a lemon pie. There is this weird buttery drydown that I'm not so fond of..

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

Pretty. I'll use this one during summer - it is so much like Mugler's Alien (in a more watered down way). A gorgeous bottle too!

chowchow41
chowchow41

I like this perfum a lot because it very different then anything i ever smelled before. I loved it at first spray. I got the frangipanne note and the amber. But what really attracted me was the driftwood [ i like wooden notes a lot }. It is such a special scent that makes it so unique. You like this perfum or you don't but i love it.

Aquatic Amethyst
Aquatic Amethyst

A huge thank-you to scentaholic for the sample!!

Sigh...another disappointment. I will attempt to restrain myself from personal attacks on all those innocent fragranticans that attached labels such as beachy, salty, and mermaid to this one...just like L de Lolita, I did NOT find any of those to be the case.

On me, all I get is sweet, unsalted Skippy peanut butter plus some kind of subtle chemical hair product smell. Not sure how this is "beachy" unless someone has sunscreen that smells like this, which is a distinct possibility, now that I think of it. I guess I can smell a tiny bit of sand if I use my imagination.

Lasting power seems OK, unfortunately...I've had it on 3 hours now and still going strong. Very linear, just like L de Lolita. Not as obviously gourmand as L de Lolita--I think that's the main difference. Oh, well.

Stellalucente
Stellalucente

Coral flower references 'a day at the beach' where you find yourself applying sun tan lotion after a little dive in the ocean while a fresh, salty summer breeze transports the aroma of sweet tropical flowers.

What makes it so special is that it plays with contrasts:
Initially Coral flower starts of crisp and fresh with a splash of bergamot and grapefruit.
As it warms up on your skin, the floral notes join in and add a creamy, sweet smell to the freshness.
At this stage, the frangipani note is very dominant and makes me think of sun tan lotion. Towards the drydown it turns more sultry and smokey.
Even though it's not listed, I get an incense vibe too or maybe it's the smokiness of the driftwood creating this dry, almost airy effect with just a hint of vanilla lingering in the background.

I noticed that this perfumes reacts very different on skin then when applied on fabric. On my skin it's fresh and salty, like I have been near the sea all day, on my clothes however, it's sweet and creamy , almost gourmand and it lasts for days!
The longevity on skin is wonderful but don't expect a silage monster, Coral flower is more of a skin scent, it hovers over your skin like little grains of salt after a dip in the ocean.

I like to wear Coral flower when I'm wearing a scarf. The combination of the airy, salty smell on my skin and the sweetness of the floral notes on fabric create a beautiful effect and compliment each other very well.

I think it's a wonderful addition to my collection that mainly consists out of vanilla based fragrances.

Who thought that my new summer fling would come in a blue, heart-shaped bottle?

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Unique opening and then God knows why it turned into something that reminded me of Twilight (Sarar Jessica Parker) which I am not that fond of.

parislady
parislady

Love this scent and love L Lempika. I adore the original scent and L is a fave too. Coral fleur is like a magic blend between both scents. Its warm but still light and summary. Its sensual but not overpowering. A perfect smell for summer day or night. Its lovely in winter too. Great scent that lasts quite well. Soft dry down smell that lingers just enough for people to ask " what are you wearing", I like it because its that little bit different too. Vive L Lempika a great perfumer.

StarMagix
StarMagix

I finally got my big bottle of this scent and I love it! Yes it is somewhat different from all the others in this lineup, but it is unique and beautiful. It last a very long time on myself. I wore it to bed and it still smelled fresh and lovely the next morning. There is something about the saltiness and pepper that brings a real sharpness to this scent. For some this sharpness may not be appealing right upon first application. I happen to find it different in a lovely way. Now just one more Lolita Lempicka fragrance to add to my collection to make it complete, Midnight. I do appreciate fragrantica.com for all the great links to finding my most favorite design fragrances at the best prices. I got a great deal on this scent! Absolutely, I am proud to have it at long last, as it is hard to find in the department stores. A backup may be needed in this scent, as well as, all the other Lempicka scents as, I have heard tales of these scents being discontinued! I sure hope this is not so!!

bagaceirababyy
bagaceirababyy

If a mermaid has a smell, definitely, will be this. This perfume is very exotic, delicate, sexy, with a proeminent salty note, and a lot of flowers! I like it.

bladesabre
bladesabre

I'm afraid this perfume was a bad buy for me and luckily was only a miniature. Very what I'd called 'An Old Lady' scent and not at all what I envisaged that the fragrance would be like by the scents notes and other reviews. Such a pity.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

This beautiful perfume! Tried it on paper, and immediately the smell of the beach filling my nostrils. Fresh and unique, somehow it smells a bit salty. Then note of coconut appears, but very smooth, unlike Marc Jacobs Men. Nice perfume, and the bottle as well!

mirisaba
mirisaba

The website of Lolita Lempicka perfumes tries to give an impression of the fragrance that is very appealing to me-
music and colour attend the description of the perfume.

I tried it yesterday at the store and sprayed it on my skin.This has good lasting power and flattered my nose all evening long.
There are notes in it that are very out of the ordinary. It smells quite distinctive to me, the strange note (I think that`s what they call salty) captivated me...so special.

Sweetness isn`t missing too...
to me the frangipani is the note that makes this fragrance especially suitable for summertime.

For my taste a successful composition but I would say, try it first- this is not a common taste perfume.

2nd review:

Finally I bought it.
A rare summer scent!
Smells just like happy tears.
Super cute bottle!

fair_not
fair_not

Bought it yesterdey. Totally gorgeous! A nice salty smell at the begining... and in time, as it settles, smooth... woody, maybe vanilla, citrus fruits. Exactly for the summer, if you want smth different!

Bab

I have Alien and I tried L De Lolita Lempicka Fleur de Corail (Coral Flower) and this one is not like Alien at all. There's just a faint tinge of a similar note but to me, Alien smells like bug spray.
This Fleur de Corail harkens back to the 60's for me. It's almost identical to the scent my grandmother used to wear BUT not old at all...it's the powdery part of it and perhaps the frangipani. I suspect a jasmine/coconut/faint licorice mix in there somewhere though they aren't listed. The driftwood is a perfect addition to this floral to bring it down from being too frangipani. A perfect blend. It's worth purchasing and makes a lovely summer night scent.
Kudo's to the creator.

honeysuckle77
honeysuckle77

This was a blind buy for me. Picked this up at TJ Maxx for $16.00 and I'm so glad I did. This is a beautiful, slightly salty, vanilla floral on me. I get a slightly powdery effect as well. I get no cinnamon in this. It's very wearable, easier to wear than L (which I also love.) Great little buy for summer.

HOTCHIC
HOTCHIC

This's the first time I try Lolita, it's different from other kinds of perfume I've bought. I feel regretting soon after I brought it home. Unfortunately, this's biggest (2.7fl) in my perfume wardrobe. Still don't know why I bought it then. Maybe L brand's not for me though its smell lasts very long.

krissycat

I have to update my review on Coral Flower. When I first tried Lolita Lempicka series as a whole, I found the scents a little too different for my tastes. I usually go for the run of the mill perfumes, the perfumes that everyone wears and likes because they are simple. But as of late I'm trying all sorts of perfumes and finding something I like about most of them. At first I didn't really like Coral so I left it on my shelf gathering dust. Then I tried L and that was a blast of sweetness that overwhelmed me and I love gourmand perfumes but L kinda killed me like Thierry Mugler Angel does. But I tried this Coral Flower once again today because I've noticed the more I wear the "L" perfume the more I love it. Now Coral Flower is amazing me because where at first I really didn't enjoy this scent, my nose must have developed a little because now it smells pretty delicious. Infact if you like "L" but find it a little too sweet or cloying, Coral Flower is "L" minus the over the top sweet factor. Its as if they replaced those cloying notes with some beach notes and wa-la.. you have Coral Flower. I think this is actually easier to wear.. AWESOME summer perfume cause I think "L" might be too heavy in the summer. Wear this one instead in the warmer months if you love "L" :)

Fragaria
Fragaria

This is one of a few summer favorites for me. I've tried to put my finger on what smells so good to me. It was too plain and simple...childhood. The summers spent with all the neighborhood children day after day. It was just after Captain Kangaroo and friends started showing up. We'd sit on the front porch and decide what to do, you could feel the warm of the sun peeking through the thick leaves. We picked dandylions, ran barefoot to the "candy store", buried ourselves in the sandbox, stopped for lunch, begged to go swimming, stopped for dinner, and right back out to play tag, until your mom called you in at dark from playing red light green light. This scent is what happy carefree children smell like, their brown sunwarmed skin, clean shiny sunbleached hair, clothes that mom hung on the line. This is summer, beachy, fresh, innocent, healthy and youthfulness in a bottle. If you spray too much, you'll hear the pitter-patter of little footyprints!

orchid_84

Coral Flower (Fleur de Corail) is a soft but very unique scent best suited to spring and summer. First of all, it's worth calling attention to the stunning bottle!

The notes list at the top of the page is frightfully incomplete, as it only includes 6 out of the 12 notes in this fragrance. The most delicious and unique notes in the composition are not reflected above. The full list is:

Top: bergamot, cinnamon bark, grapefruit
Mid: frangipani, coconut, gorse flower, immortelle
Base: musk, driftwood, tonka bean, amber, vanilla orchid.

I have to agree with others who have mentioned that there is a strong feel of nag champa incense in Coral Flower. I also get the scent of licorice. You certainly won't find another fragrance that smells like this little gem. I like the fact that Coral Flower is beachy without being either sweet or fruity. It is all about the warm, dry driftwood and soft citrus with a slight salty/spicy feel. The cinnamon and vanilla are light, but just present enough to give some warmth.

This fragrance is not the type that transports me to a hot, tropical beach. It actually reminds me more of the West Coast beaches here in Canada, which can be either warm and sunny or cold and grey depending on the time of day or season. Coral Flower is more complex and unusual than your typical summery beach scent, and I love that about it.

marrojas
marrojas

I'm still trying to get this parfum. It seemed good in the shop...Now I think it's too sweet. Actually I got this by mistake, since I meant to buy the Classic "L"....so of course I was dissapointed....I was looking for the cinammon-bitter orange, spicy smell...and anyway, you need to apply tons of it, since the scent goes away fast (it lasts 2 hours top in my skin, but very sweet)

GreyMan
GreyMan

I was a little disappointed in this one. I bought it hoping for a summery L. And it was just that, so no real complaints. But maybe a toned down version just doesn't measure up when you like L already. Maybe it's more for people who like L but find it too much.

But I wish I hadn't sold it in such a hurry. No LL perfume suited me initially, they all required "more extensive study" and then won me over. I'll have to test this one again too. The concept, notes and execution are too good to dismiss.

i love this. i'm loving just about all of LL's perfumes that i've tried and i've bought 3 so far. this is just so lovely smelling. citrus, floral and a sensual light musk finish. pefect for day or night. i can't get enough of it. si lolita is my next purchase from LL's line, totally different scent but i love it.

nagi-chan
nagi-chan

I love the concept, love the bottle design and love the smell! I like coral flower better than original L de lolita.

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

Very unusual! Starts with a burst of anise. I nearly picture myself sitting under the shadow of fig and lemon trees, so close to the seashore, that I can feel the salty smell of the water and the seaweed. The sun is hot and I am sipping from the glass of ouzo. I like it!

Java Sparrow
Java Sparrow

This is very different from L (which I love and is my absolute must have, making me feel happy). This fragrance has something irresisible and even gourmand in it. At the same time, there is a strange, repulsive note, but the whole composition is very original and fascinating. It makes me think of lemmon pie and of body oil. It is a little like a smell of a beach in a cold summer day. The Coral Flower is so unusual, although I prefer to smell it on others than on me.

LuiLui
LuiLui

Love this fragrance!!
The coconut note it's amazing!
The bottle is gorgeous!!
Perfect for my collection!

Gigifst
Gigifst

Loveeeee it. Its on my Top 5...

Unusual...
Sexy...
Long Lasting...
Perfect :)

Norgirl
Norgirl

Frsh a little bit like lolitas L
but not that heavy one the cinnamon. a fresh start whit the Grapefruts
and in comes the genatl flowers to make the world brighter ,warmer and summery.
a good summerfragrance for shure

KateZeGreat
KateZeGreat

At first sniff, this 'fume smells almost exactly like "Alien" on my skin...very strange! However, after about 15 minutes or so, it develops far more floral "oomph", and the slightly salty, slightly "slippery" note that I can't quite name (must be the "driftwood"?) is really quite nice. This borders on almost too sweet/gourmand for my tastes, as the top-notes are very candy-like to me...but as the dry-down is, well, dryer than the opening, this won't languish at the back of my collection.

The bottle is gorgeous...*Adore*

aelias
aelias

This is what summer smells like...I get so much coconut in this one, but it is nicely tempered by the floral and citrus notes. I like it better than the original, and wearing it early in the morning is a nice pick-me-up.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Right up front this EdP, which I tested from a spray sample vial, is citrus (to me, mostly lemon), vanilla, and musk. There’s also a hint of coconut and tropical flowers. I love the opening. After the citrus goes away, what remains is a light airy suntan lotion scent draped against a light, fuzzy musk. It’s a happy, sunny, summery scent that aims to entertain and makes no demands.

By the end of the first hour the scent has picked up considerable strength, producing clouds of “tropical beach”-smelling sillage. It’s not overly floral, so it’s pleasant rather than obnoxious. After a few hours, the flowers waft off into the distance, leaving a nice musk that lasts the rest of the day. The scent has plenty of sillage, and is very long-lasting.

One thing I don’t understand is why the notes list this fragrance as containing “vanilla orchid”. Real vanilla IS made from an orchid, so any scent that contains vanilla contains “orchid”, or the synthetic version of one. I suppose whoever wrote the copy thought it sounded more exotic than just plain vanilla, which is probably in at least half of the perfumes out there.

Anyway, I recommend trying LL Coral Flower if you like summery, happy-smelling fragrances.

lucifera
lucifera

i tried this on my wrist and gotta say i never was a fan of lolita but now i am! this is certainly suitable for summer, it's sweet but you won't be attacked by bees/wasps ;)
lasts also nice! i have to check it out again but im consider this one as a FBW
glad i can handle their fragances a lot better now ( except fleur defendue )
also considering to try out the first lolita lempicka :-p

Amour, Michele
Amour, Michele

Love this scent. Reminds me of sunny warm shoulders shiny from some coconut-tropical flower oil. But it's not overly fruity that you can't wear it just on a night-out. This fragrance is very creamy which lends it a hint of classiness. This is also what I wore during that summer I first started dating my now-husband. He is not the sort to comment on perfum, but whenever I wear this one he points out that he remembers this smell from when we were dating. :-) Makes me very happy.

jaa456
jaa456

There are definately notes missing. Here's the complete list:
Head Notes: Bergamot, Cinnamon bark, Grapefruit
Heart Notes: Frangipani, Coconut, Gorse flower, Immortelle (Everlasting flower)
Soul Notes: Musk, Solar woods accord, Tonka bean, Amber, Vanilla orchid

If 'L' is the beach in the off-season then Coral Flower is the beach at peak season.

It's hanging out at the beach all day, reapplying suntan lotion and washing up in the ocean. It somehow remains clean and crisp, if not a little dry and salty.

Great summer fragrance. I'm going to need a bigger bottle. Did I mentiion how beautiful the bottle is?

Amethyste
Amethyste

They must be hiding some note, because I like all of them and there's something really horrible to me in this frag. I just cannot stand it. Could it be the driftwood? One of the worsts, near to Eden to me.

imellie
imellie

Smells like orange(/lemon) cream cake to me...Hah.
It's not my style of fragrance but I think it is still acceptable as it's not very sweet.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This is the daytime, summer version of L de Lolita. Very fresh, bright, and clean with a beachy and relaxed vibe. Will definitely be wearing this in the summertime. :)

krissycat

I really wanted to like this perfume more. I was expecting the scent to be sweet, and although the very first whiff of this scent I do get a citrisy sweet smell, on me it transforms into a very musky scent over time. I will say the lasting power is amazing and I do overall like the perfume. This was my first Lempicka purchase so I might have to give more of a chance on this one. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous on my vanity

honeysuckle
honeysuckle

Although coconut isn't listed, I get a pretty hefty dose of it. "Dry coconut" is a good way to describe it.

I get some of the grapefruit and bergamot in the opening and then it goes into the heart notes and stays there forever. For this I get the dry coconut in heaping amounts, made a bit fragrant by something which must be frangipani. I completely agree with the sentiment that this is a good memory of what Hawai'i actually smells like - strolling down Ali'i drive in Kona on a sunny day.

During the heart notes a strange type of muskiness also comes out that must be what they mean by "driftwood." It smells like sunshine and wet sand at the ocean. There have been a few times when this has gone odd and sour and heavy and unpleasant on me, but mostly it's a good experience. When it works, it's delightful. I spend the whole day recalling the state of mind from when I lived in Kona. Not too long, as the lasting power is not extraordinary... it wears about like a long-lasting EDT - not bad, but not notably long lasting for an EDP.

As the dry down wears on, the amber and vanilla start to come out on me and the musk becomes more pronounced and less coconutty. On the last legs of the drydown I don't notice the 'driftwood' feeling any more. The composition becomes a bit richer and slightly spiced. Something about the oriental vanilla starts to get that familiar play-doh note that is reminiscent of Kenzo Amour. In fact, there are moments where you could tell me it's the drydown of Amour and I might believe you. But I love Amour, so that's fine by me. :D

Coral Flower is kind of a weird scent. I don't see it being for everybody, and there are a lot of things the fragrance ISN'T. It feels a bit gimmicky at times. It doesn't work for me every day, either, but when a day for Coral Flower comes around, it is going to be a pleasant, free-spirited, cheery day!

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

I really wanted to like coral flower. The box would be so pretty next to L....alas, I cannot learn to like coral flower. The opening is horrible on my skin, and is a blast of soap, and bitter citrus, after which the frangipani blossom florals start me on the short path to a scrub, and a migraine patch. After about 45 minuites, the dry down is tolerable, light, slightly salty, and musky. A nice beachy, floral musk at this point, but the soapy note is still there. This goes so wrong on me i cannot get through the opening. It clings to me forever, and i absolutely must wash it off. I love the beautiful bottle, and its sister L de lolita. Coral flower feels a little bohemian chic, very realxed, like it would go hand in hand with a cotton kaftan, a big hat, and shades, but it is not for me.

Initially I thought that Coral Flower was a less salty, more powdery vanilla than L de Lolita Lempicka. However, the more I smell this fragrance, the less convinced am I that it's vanilla that I'm smelling. Occasionally it smells like coconut milk and frangipani blooms.

It's quite tropical and beachy, possibly the most Summer appropriate scent from the house of Lolita Lempicka. The opening is lovely, a deliciously exotic blend of sugary lemon, vanilla orchid and frangipani.

In the heart the tropical aspect becomes stronger and more apparent, perhaps a little too synthetic at times as it did make me cringe. But give it some time, and eventually it smooths out into a powdery and delicate vanilla and coconut blend.

It has a somewhat calamine lotion type smell, which reminds me of Guerlain's Shalimar. This is further highlighted by the rich ambery-ness in the base.

Coral Flower is very likable. Even my mother who detests sweet scents often loved by the younger consumers, adored this. It's a nice change from those fruity florals and citrus aromatics which are often suggested for Summer.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Sand between my toes, the tang of salt in the air, driftwood washed ashore, tropical flowers carried on the wind, coconuts dropping from palms.

Seafoam in a bottle!

With this I can have walks on the beach in winter.

I'm in love...

mcelferr
mcelferr

What a cute bottle!like a drop of water tied by a golden ring. I' m in love with it.I've tried it today and ended up getting a small 30 ml beauty. I was in a gourmand mood today. It's sweet, but not too much. I felt it like a delicate romantic bunch of rose flowers wrapped up with a warm slice of white coconut candy. The musk comes discrete in the end. Just delicious... Today is cold (17C/62.6F). ... I 'will wear it in a hot day and try to discover what it's like then, this beach sensation and the salty note everyone talks about.

saprophilous
saprophilous

Upon buying this the first whiff is definitely citrusy and floral. What is interesting is that I didn't pick up the more romantic aspects of it until much later. After a week or so of wearing this scent as a casual and pleasant thing to put on while going out -- it came upon me completely unprompted that there was indeed a blended nostalgic smell akin to the beach, brine, sea glass and drift wood. It is a very poetic fresh scent that's qualities will sneak up on you. I've lived by the sea all my life, usually when someone says "ocean fresh" as a descriptor I stay far away thinking it will smell strongly of soap... I can say this one is different.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

I had the original L and couldn't wear it, it was way too sweet for me, so I swapped it. Then lovely elusivek gave me this one and I have say it's 10 times better than the original, if you are like me and don't love gourmands much. They share a warm, ambery vanilla base, but that is about it. This one has a salty, even "windy" flavor to it, a powdery feel which I love, as opposed to the sugar in the original; reminds me of a walk along the ocean's shore, after a storm, when the waves are big, sand comes in your face, and your lips and skin taste salty... I don't smell the grapefruit at all, wish I did. But the tropical flowers are there, and that is a good thing. The bottle is as lovely as the original, decorations, well, fit for a child, the scent adorable, I think good for fall or even winter, to remind you of summer time. Good silage and staying power too! A keeper for me.

ginepro
ginepro

Warm, flowery and spicy. I like it even if i like L de Lolita Lempicka better. This one reminds me a bit of sandal wood but it said there wasn't any sandal wood in it...weird.

LydiaLiu

I remember that I smelt the original "L" before, while I have almost the same feeling with this "Coral Flower", the only difference might be: Coral is more of a deep floral scent.

Dark orchid + red frangipani are prominent in the middle notes. The interesting thing is: the heavy floral combo together with the vanilla balance off the grapefruits and bergamot in the tops notes, that's so nice, for I am one who is sensitive to sour head notes, but I love the grapefruits in this one.

The bottle design looks quite fresh and cool, the decorations are cute too, no doubt it makes everybody imagine about the seas and oceans, though perhaps it has less link with the juice inside, which smells floral-warm-vanilla-sweet, good for winter use.

Overall, I like it, very likely I'd pick Coral instead of the original one.

michelle23
michelle23

I got a sample of the body lotion and shower gel (not the perfume itself), and after applying the lotion, I found that it started off spicy, almost like gingerbread, but unfortunately ended up smelling like I showered with a bar of soap! I don't mind it, as the soapy smell has a nice crisp note, but I would rather smell like something a little more unique! I don't find the smell of 'soap' to be the most alluring! ;)

elusivek
elusivek

I almost had buyer's regret with this one. I liked it enough to buy it but when I got home and sprayed it, I couldn't help but think "why did I buy this"? It's one of those perfumes that changes.

The opening is sweet and powdery. After the spice (which I see isn't listed as a note) starts to modify it.

At this point it starts to become the reason I purchased it, it's fresh, salty, floral - not a bright white floral but not an extremely deep/dark floral either, mid range, giving it body and substance.

Next the floral lightens, the frangipani becomes more prominent and with the return of the powder, it goes into an almosty soapy stage.

It ends as sweet amber and spice mixed with the powdery floral. It qualifies as a gourmand without being in your face about it. I wouldn't classify it as sexy or particulary moving, if anything it's comforting. It's a safe clean smell.

I know plenty of people said great in the summer but on me it just becomes way too sweet. Definitely a cool weather scent for my skin.

adrienn99
adrienn99

honestly? regret to say but to me this one smells like a camomile hotel soap... there was no freshness to me, seems my skin burned away those parts.

guest_debob

Just wanted to add this short note to my review. I love the bottles, this one is so beautiful. However, I can never find the correct position to aim it. I can't see the spray hole, so I often waste at least one spray or end up spraying my face.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I was interested in this because I love the original L and think it's an excellent gourmand. On me this was more powdery, but the same notes appear as the original. It wasn't unique or distinctive enough for me to purchase it. I also found it in a discount store for a very good price... but still it would have been like collecting something I'd never wear.

guest_debob

I bought this based on the most imaginative reviews below, hoping it would smell like fresh ocean breezes and wonderful driftwood. I do like it, but in reality it smells like a lot of citrus and a little soap. Not bad mind you, it's very clean smelling. I think I smell a little amber in the die down, not sure. I wonder where the frangipani is? I get no florals whatsoever. It's only a little sweet, not very much though. Kind of a dry citrus smell, like a dry wine. I stil like it and am glad I bought it. I love the bottle. I think I'll mix it with a little straight coconut to see if I can beachy it up some. I get my coconut perfume from Key West Aloe, not listed on Fragrantica.

narcotic
narcotic

Buying a Lolita Lempicka perfume can kind of feel like leaving the store with a homework assignment. None of LL's perfumes can be taken at face value, and there's always something in the formula that swoops in and transforms everything. Love it.

I really like the orange flower in Coral Flower that mixes with the vanilla spice. It's like a dash of Coppertone sunblock falling in with the brisk greeness of saltwater, a note that stays from beginning to end. Smooth and round.

What I find unfortunate, however, is the wierd powdery overlay that sets in once the sweet top notes fly off - I can't ignore it and it's the last thing to go. Saddening! Why is it always the notes one hates that last forever?

nichick390
nichick390

This is my first lolita fragrance ever! I jsut got htis today and I love it so much! The bottle is beautiful! I can really pick up the begamont and lemon . It has a beachy feel to it... perfect for summer!

Ladybee373
Ladybee373

This is just sooo pretty! At 1st spritz I definately smell a citrus blend but with the beach-sand-salt water all stirred in too!, well that's what i get, and it is such a unique scent with the driftwood note, it has great staying power on me too! I love it! Go Lola! Go Lola! :)

Vanilla77
Vanilla77

This perfume is lovely. It smells like a box of saltwater taffy. Great for the summer. My heart still belongs to the original L.

wildstrawberryheart
wildstrawberryheart

Oh, I like this one. Something of a Sweet-fresh scent, very homogenous and lovely. It is a perfume for sunny-but-windy summerdays at the shore of a lake (not the sea).
Just love it...

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Hmm, I was expecting to be disappointed when I tried this after some of the reviews below (and especially seeing as how this silly doofus thought she had ordered the L de Lolita original sample).

Instead, I am thoroughly impressed. The opening is very salty & delicious, I didn't get so much the sour citrus vibe as I did salty wind.

The heart moves onto sweetish tropical flowers, reminiscent in my nose to J-Lo's Miami Glow, albeit more sophisticated & savoury. When I am trying to fit more information in my snout I tend to blow on the scent to disturb its molecules (easier to catch in one's nose). This method brought strong memories to my mind of visits to the beach with warm wet sand & the wind wafting sweet flowers across. Lovely.

The drydown is very mildly spiced and smells similar to having just had a shower after coming home from a day at the beach.

I think it is a wonderful creation and it is on my want list.

PS - just reviewed the blurb & found my favourite nose Maurice Roucel was involved with this perfume. Does anyone else want to throw thier panties up on stage to this perfumer???

Maki

Have to update on this one. I wrote my last review after wearing it one hour...after two or trhee hours though, the basenotes settled and gave me a huge headache...also I suddenly found it smelling a bit 'sticky' if I can put it that way...Glad to be able to put on my Jil Sander Woman III again this morning...So fresh and elegant after leaving my sheets that were covered by the L.L. Coral...
I will give it to my niece who loves Lolita L.

Maki

Pleasent perfume. The opening almost scared me off because of the gourmand touch, but this became less intense in it's dry-down.
I can imagine it to smell wonderfully powdery and fluffy when wearing terry cloth...bit baby-ish.
'Sexy' does not come to my mind when wearing and smelling it. Just 'innocent' and 'cuddly'.
I understand the beach-feeling some get out of this frag, but it's not beachy in the same way Rem from Reminiscence is.
To me this might be 'beach in the afternoon', while Rem is 'beach in the evening'.

I have not yet figured out what mood I should be in, deciding to wear this fragrance and that's what bothers me a bit.
Still nice to have it in my wardrobe.
If not for the scent, then for the bottle...(-:

arb368
arb368

I like this perfume. I should preface this by saying that I tend to like sweet perfumes, and this definitely fits that description. Although there is no coconut, I can close my eyes and imagine myself on the sand listening to the waves hit the shore. It is soft and sweet without being cloying. It’s not an in-your-face floral, and the top citrus notes were so fleeting as to be nonexistent on me. I think it is a good summer fragrance for those who lean toward softer, more mellow notes.

I cannot adequately describe Lolita Lempicka CORAL FLOWER except to say that the opening does smell somehow like coral. Not very helpful, I realize... The smell is smooth, symmetrical and opaque, like a cabochon stone, dark orange without being citrus. There is a resinous quality here that I really enjoy. The composition seems sweet but devoid of licorice and vanilla, as far as I can tell.

In the drydown, a mystery note--could it be the driftwood?--emerges which imparts just a touch of dissonance and a jot of, for lack of a better word, rankness. Driftwood is rotting wood, right? Before looking at the notes, I began to formulate the hypothesis that there might actually be the tiniest smidgeon of civet in this composition.

If I had tried CORAL FLOWER in a store, I might have purchased a bottle, but given more time, with experience of the full development trajectory, I have to decline. The beautiful opening is simply too shortlived.

guest_Vanillabean
guest_Vanillabean

This scent reminds me of incense in a way. I only spray a teency weency bit because this stuff lasts for like 8 hours straight. I smell orange, vanilla, and musk. It's the only scent I own that men seem to detect immediately and they always seem totally entranced by me when they smell it.

Buttonbear
Buttonbear

Always gets positive comments when I wear this but just a quick warning - this can go to ammonia on your own nose if you overdo it!

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

it's so perfect! i like powerfull and yet sweet fragrances, and this one is a dream!

you just can never go wrong with this one (:

tsth
tsth

I really am disappointed. The opening is just too soapy for me. There isn't any sweetness. I'm hoping it tones down into something tolerable, but there's no sweet, there's no salt, so far. I guess I need to go back to L de L for that. Maybe I can update with a change of heart, but I doubt it. I should have read more reviews. I didn't read far enough down to find out about the soapy aspect of it.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

Sweet and powdery. The "driftwood" note reminds me a little of a wooden tongue depressor and unfortunately stimulates my gag reflex a bit, but other than that it's a lovely summer scent. It does have a smell that conjures up images of seashells for me, or maybe it's the bottle. I think I will save the charms for a bracelet when I'm done with the bottle. Very cute!

guest_Oranda
guest_Oranda

Oh soo delicious, however, I was searching for the frangipani note which was subtle to non existent to my nose.

Truly I find this to be a lighter version of L, so similar in fact that I did not purchase as I have L, though I adore her complexity in the base and the salt tinge.

Nicky_PL
Nicky_PL

The bitter citrus opening notes put me off but soon after the beginning they fade away and let the powdery notes settle.
I find this scent pretty fluffy, powdery and somehow dry. Even more safe and formal.
Contrary to all the opinions, it doesn't bring me a sense of summer or freshness, it rather casts a melancholy on my feelings because of the dryness and the powder.
Coral Flower has something to do with its so called 'bigger sister' - L de Lolita Lempicka, but I suppose this one is more flowery and powdery, while L has more cinnamon and cookies to it.

Sevipants19
Sevipants19

I picked out this bottle without knowing waht it smelled like. I have never done that before! I don;t think I ever will again, but this was luck. It smells nice and perfect for summer.

selinum28
selinum28

Coral flower is soft but outstanding, even considered in relation to other Lolita Lempicka perfumes, whih are excellent. After the citrus opening, I smell very delicate coconut, sweet and fresh, and also licorice. I don't see coconut listed anywhere, but I do smell the sweetness and saltiness of its water; maybe it comes from a listed component that I don't know.
I don't find this perfume to be typically tropical, but it makes me think of the clear waters of some tropical beaches. Coral flower evokes the sea, vacations and serene happiness; it is not about the wild, dark sea of northern winters. Beautiful.

milancelisac
milancelisac

Love when a sent reminds me of another one I love...for example, this one has something to do with my perception of Gaultier's Fragile EDP as well as Armani's Sensi ETP. Love it!

misscareyann
misscareyann

The notes looked promising.

I had hopes of citrusy floral goodness for Coral Flower, but all I got on my skin was powder. Baby powder. No florals or citrus at all. Maybe it smells different on somebody else, but on me, it was disappointing.

tennischick
tennischick

Just purchased this and I love it! To me nothing like the original which smells like licorice, this is fresh, floral and spicy and a little powdery, It doesn't remind me of the beach but it is warm and summery! great lasting power! I'll be using this one alot!

ktv0926
ktv0926

Captivating, bright, so adorable! Great summer fragrance that transports you to the ocean sidewalk with a sultry air. A must have for me, so romantic and special!

sharyssa
sharyssa

I got this yesterday and I am impressed! I think this is Lolita's best yet next to the original L there are some notes that smell the same as L but this one is fresher but with that cinnamon smell.It is very different from any fragrance I have ever smelled and I really like it and I know people would never guess what I am wearing! Thanks Lolita for all your lovely smelling fragrances you are one of the best and most original!

mandashell
mandashell

This is simply L de Lolita Lempicka's sunkissed, golden haired little sister who loves to frolick along the beach. She smells of the soothing ocean air, sea, salt and a mildly sweet floral-citrus.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I have been having a deja-vu...
I used to have Aqua Allegoria Lemon Fresca and I swear Fleur de Corail smells nearly identical.
It opens in a softly salty way, the salty note, however, disappears quickly. The creamy flowery-lemon note steps in...it is like a summer breeze on my skin. There is resemblance to L de Lolita, but Coral Flower is somehow more gentle and sweeter.
The downside is that it has weak staying power. I would come over it, should it be EDT but it is EDP we are talking about, Ladies! It cheers me up in the morning but not for long :-(
It certainly is a gentle and ''safe'' fragrance in terms of when it can be worn.
It suits a young lass going out for a frist date as well as a smart woman rushing to office to meet another deadline :-)

8/10 :-)

ananda
ananda

My favorite summer scent! Fleur de Corail carries you away to a fantasy beach, where the sun turned into a juicy yellow grapefruit and the clouds melted into deliciously spicy vanila, opening up a beautiful blue sky... Imagine taking a splash in a citric ocean... Sensual flowers hiding timidly under the breeze... The salty scent of driftwoods... This is Fleur de Corail! Close your eyes and you will hear the waves breaking on the sand...
There's a lot of freshness and a lot of gourmandise, perfect summer combination to my taste. I'm in a great mood everytime I wear it! It is, indeed, hard to describe; somewhat dreamy and fantastical.

c3c
c3c

Hmmm, hard to describe. Sweet, salty, indeed like a light sand beach with coral chunks on it, clear tropical waters lapping at it's shores and a tree in bloom somewhere behind it, it's fragrance carried softly on the breeze. Sunglasses required. I have Micheal Kors Island Hawaii and it in no way reminds me of Hawaii. This however makes me think of hot lazy days in Kona.

It's a hidden gem..soft, reminds me of my youth for one reason or another..

9154mf
9154mf

I find it hard to pick out notes in this one, its overall a sweet slightly powdery musky flower with a splash of saltiness, the vanilla is there in the base too...hows that for confusing! I have a sample vial but its not unique or interesting enough for me to wanta full bottle.

bronstein
bronstein

A sexy scent for sweet and georgeous women (not: girls). Smells like paradise to me.

LenaBel
LenaBel

Although lighter than other Lolitas, I still wouldnt categorise this as a summer scent. Maybe spring/autumn.
It is probably the most flowery smelling of most lolitas. When I just spray it on I can detect some similarities with L Lolita but they evaporate quickly. after they are gone it smells like flowers and musk, actualy reminding me a bit of my Dior Cherie L'eau. Just it isnt as happy and sparkling as Cherie L'eau. It is more sensual. I can also smell some spicyness in it, especially in the beginning. It also is not as long lasting as other Lolitas, but naturally vanilla based ones always last longer if expensive. Not as loud as other Lolitas, it is more sensual and calm, flowery breeze.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

I received a bottle from my sister last Christmas and I am glad I did, because I would've never picked this gem on my own. I tried it during the cooler months and found it an odd, suffocating combination of sweetness and extreme powderiness. My sister knows I am a fragrance junkie, so she went to a store in Paris and asked for something special for a fragrance lover (isn't she sweet?), and they presented her with Fleur de Corail. I only understood why in the beginning of the Summer... The juice blossomed with the warmer temperatures, and I realized this is in fact a beautiful scent of tropical flowers and salty ocean air resting on a creamy base of vanilla. I still find it powdery, but I can now perceive the light, beachy vibe beneath it. Very pretty and unique. Men seem to like this one, too.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I dab this on,not to be hit by the almost bitter zestiness of bergamot or the breakfast juiciness of grapefruit-the freshness of squeezed and zested citrus isn't there, and thankfully, there isn't citrus candy in its place.

This opens with a hop-in-the-shower-and-lather soapiness-a very clean scent-sharp indeed, far more soapy than I like, but it reminds me of the desire to jump into the sea, when it's just a bit too cold-there is the warmth of a comfortable cotton shirt against your skin, and very subtle breeze of the flowers tickling you...You want to swim and feel the water wake you up-but you want to stay warm, so you stay where you are, smelling the salty air with wafts of fragile-seeming flowers.

I am delighted that this isn't too sweet-this is a nice skin smell, if applied lightly enough, since the sharp soapiness slowly subsides....It's lovely beachy sunkissed skin, taking on a powdery subtle sweetness as it dries, after being splashed lightly by the cold seawater.

A fragrance well-suited for warmer days, it might cause you to shed a tear if you wear it when the hope of a beach day seems a million kilometers-and a million years-away.

Malegria
Malegria

Coral flower starts as L - and then turns into a beautiful soft orchid, reminded me of Ange ou Demon on my skin, only lighter...A very nice LL scent, though this brand almost never disappoints! The staying power is not very good, as with L - on my skin just an hour or two, and then need re-applying. This version is more flowery, NO vanilla there for me!

The bottle is gorgeous and desirable, I love the matte finish!

clairdelune
clairdelune

To me Corail is almost a 'fraiche' or light version of "L." I especially liked the opening of this one. I loved the citrus notes with that underlying warmth from what I suspect is the frangipani and amber. The opening reminded me a bit of Hermes Elixir des Merveilles in terms of that combination of citrus+warmth=depth, plus that hint of chocolate.
As others noted, Corail is pleasant and easy to wear. The lasting power is not as good as L or other Lempicka's I've tried, but still, not bad.
Though I like it I will resist buying it because of the dry down. Although the base consists of musk, amber and woods, I get a strong milk chocolate accord. Maybe it's just me but it's very Nestle's milk chocolate at about 3-4 hours in, and while that's not bad, I'm not sure I want to smell like that. If you do want to smell like chocolate--or maybe chocolate covered oranges (said with zero derision - I love the smell of chocolate covered oranges), you might give this one a try.

Like Feliccia said, Fleur de Corail is very similar to Lempicka L. I would say Corail is almost a 'fraiche' or light version of L. In contrast to some other reviews, I had the greatest appreciation for the opening of this one. I loved the citrus notes with that underlying warmth from what I suspect is probably the the frangipani and amber. The opening reminded me just a bit of Hermes Eau des Merveilles in terms of that combination of citrus+warmth=depth, but the Corail quickly turns sweet and any resemblance to Merveilles is gone. I like this scent. As others noted, it's pleasant and easy to wear. The lasting power is certainly not as good as L or other Lempicka's I've tried, but still, not terrible. I won't buy this one because of the dry down. Although the base supposedly consists of musk, amber and woods, I get strong milk chocolate. Maybe it's just me but it's very Nestle's chocolate milk at about 3-4 hours in, and while that's not unpleasant, I just don't want to smell like that. If you love chocolate--or maybe chocolate covered oranges, you might give this one a try.

Emeraude
Emeraude

At first it seems to me like "L",but then it turns different,more citrousy and fresh...very nice,sweet and soft.

Princess
Princess

It does really smell like Coral!

mrolfhus
mrolfhus

Soap. Public bathroom soap.

Update: hours later it develops into a nice, rich yum. I still prefer L, but if you have the time to wait for the creamy finish, L Coral does the trick!

Aalia
Aalia

The citrus opening is lovely, but then
it fades away and there is lots of gourmand sweetness. I missed the Frangpani and Orchid..where are you darlings? A light, shy, spice persists...and then sugary gourmand notes...the amber and musk and "woody notes" are there..blended very well..the woody notes very faint...but there seems to be some overpowering vanilla here-again, very sweet. And for sure, adorable...strong but soft..and as the other reviewers have said-itś creamy..oh, yes, and similar to Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

alicektn
alicektn

I don't know how this outstanding fragrance had gotten away from my nose and wardrdobe all this time.

It attracted me from the very first moment with the fresh and warm citrus/cake opening .Later, the creamy combination of vanilla,amber, burnt sugar, flowers, salt and subtle spices took over me. Sweet and foody, but at the same time natural and well-blended with the skin.

I HAD to have this, so the next day I returned to the shop and purchased it.
--------------------------------------
Now, if I was forced to choose between the two "sisters", I would choose Coral flower with no second thought.

While L is "burning spiciness with vanilla notes", Coral flower is "peaceful creaminess with a spicy edge" which I personally prefer.

I really love L, but sometimes it develops really salty on my skin. Coral flower's saltiness is much more subtle. The thing I DON'T like about coral flower is that the WHOLE scent becomes too subtle somewhat early for an eau de parfum (5 hours or so), in contrast with L which started to fade away after 20 hours.Anyway.This is the only con I could find...

All in all I strongly reccomend it!

KasiaS
KasiaS

I can't resist this fragrance! It's soft, baby-sweet, cotton candy-like, with a hint of grapefruit and flowers (wonderful frangipani), but very, very creamy ones. In fact it's all sweetness, which I normally don't adore, but in this case it's too lovely to criticize.

Trvevil
Trvevil

It smells close to L de Lolita Lempicka deodorant that wonderful salty note here is absolutely marvellous! It's less like cake more like a salty flowers - the sweet definition of sea fragrances. To me it smells like we are baking lemon cookies.
Lasting power is ok, but sillage is great indeed- it overshadows it all.
PS. It's a L de Lolita Lempicka flanker, so it can be found and purchased on off site under category where L is.

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

I just don't know if I like this or not. I must say that the lasting power is great. I tried it last night before going to bed and I can still smell it this morning...

First, I have to tell you about my "trying" experience. I sprayed this one on my left arm just after I sprayed Fleur Défendue on my right one. I'll make a review of the latter in the right section. I'll strictly talk here about Coral Flower.

The opening was great! Nice fruity scent without being overwhelming! I really enjoyed the first notes.

Then, I got into the floral ones. I have to admit that I was disappointed. But, not for long. I was coming back and forth from one arm to another, unable to decide with LL I liked the most. I must say that I got used to the flowery scent and really enjoyed it. One of the flowers was sticking out more than the other, but I won't be able to tell you which one.

Then the drydown kept bringing the flower scent in a moderate pace. But, here is what I don't like. There is this powdery sweet note that reminds me of the original Lolita Lempicka (this subtile note that I cannot put my finger on and always kept me away from buying the fragrance). It is coming out from Coral Flower too! :-(

I must admit that this Coral Flower is a great fragrance, but I have to try it a second time to come to a decision if I will buy it or not. It smells great, but is it really for me?

Filiccia
Filiccia

LL or L de L.Lempicka are more or less,the same 2 me.
This perfume surprised me positively.
It reminded me of honey..A bit too sweet for the summer but it's got something anyway..

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

I have fallen head over heels with this lovely scent! In my search for an ideal summer scent for myself I had all but given up. Some were just too floral, some were too clean, others were fruity and none worked for me. I am a lover of powdery gourmands, and a big fan of salty notes in scents. This fragrance really floats my boat so to speak, waking me up with it's opening note of lemon and bergamot, which is fresh, but not in a synthetic sweet-tart way. More like the scent of lemon peel and the slight bitterness of bergamot. Almost immediately, the note of a warm and salty vanilla comes in. It's almost a warm sunsoaked beachy skin scent, and it's very natural! The musk falls in just a bit, but not enough to kill the freshness of this scent. I also get a very clean/powdery note which my boyfriend described as "grown up baby powder". I think this scent is perfect, and it is undeniably my new favorite summer scent!

falovalo
falovalo

Very different from what I expected. The bergamot comes through, as do the flowers and musk. I do detect something kind of scorched, along with something powdery and salty. The salty factor is what makes the fragrance.

*edit* I had to add that I sprayed it on my hand, and in twenty minutes or so, it was gone...

Zaleska
Zaleska

This perfume is delicate and powerful at the same time. The bottle is charming. In my humble opinion, it's more gourmand than floral, and not "salty" as its sister, L. Well, I love both of them! :)

As I've said, Lolita Lempicka rules!

mmizy
mmizy

its a very unique fragrance. I can't think of other fragrance that smells similiar which is a good thing. I smell vanilla, burnt sugar,baby powder and the faintest scent of calamine lotion. That is the only way i can describe it. Its not unpleasant just different.

Annie_D
Annie_D

Yes! I have found my Lolita that will work, this is wonderful at first with some spices and citrusy opening, when it calmed down I got this wonderful vanilla-ambery musk that is soft and sweet and sexy. I love this! I am so happy I finally found a Lolita that will work I have been dying to have a bottle!
-----------
I am still not completely sold on this, sometimes I smell it and I really think I like it....there is still something holding me back

ramiske
ramiske

Wow--this one is so different than the other LL scents. Really different--one of the most unusual scents I've ever smelled. I don't wear it often, but it is very nice. Of course the bottle is gorgeous (I keep it on my desk at work).

Boggi
Boggi

I have stayed away from the blue bottles from Lolita Lempicka, because L gave me a to sweet experience some years ago. I got sample of Coral Flower from a wonderful member here and tried it on today to check.
I did not expect much, but this was a nice surprice. I have tried and I own many vanilla perfumes, but this one is a little different. The vanilla is mixed with some burned sugar or a smoky note that is very delicious. Coral Flower is a little similar to Dior Hypnotic Poison elixir, but this one is a more subtle and has a flowery and citrus notes that blends very well with the rest of the potion. Desirable!

Kama
Kama

I got the trial vial of Coral Flower as I wanted to try how it smells..
I am more then pleased! It is very beautiful fragrance! It is very soft, delicate one, great for spring and hot summer. It is like mixturture of icing powder/sugar and frangipani flower.. after a while it is melting int nice very soft ambery musk.
Sometimes I feel like it is a cousin of Kenzo Amour..I guess because of frangipani flower.. although Coral Flower is not very similar to it as it is more summery scent.
I think I will be my next perfume to buy...if I manage to find it..:)

crystal lady
crystal lady

This is a beautiful scent, full of promise and gentle beauty.It has lovely layers that start from the slightly fresh/floral to the more musky undertones. That doesnt do it justice as it has a slightly etheral feel and when you wear it you feel your have a unique scent on. I love Lotita Lempika and she is very highly regarded in France and perfume circles.
Also the perfume is not overpowering but is always noticed by someone who will say thats a lovely scent " what is it". Worth buying to add to your collection if you like a soft femine scent with a twist.

Migotka
Migotka

What a huge disappointment!
I like most of Lolita Lempicka's fragrances, Im a huge fan of most of them. This one is nice, but just nice. I couldnt find anything that I would particularly like about it... I tried it out yesterday and cant remember a thing about it now, except that it seemed somewhat harsh and unpleasant on my skin.

nezzabel

Oh i just realized that I haven't write this review in english... sorry! It was my first review so forgive me please!=)
I will translate:
If the Summer have only one scent, this will be probably it!
With no doubt this fragrance is my first choice for this Summer. It's a sensual fragrance but not heavy. It's light, sexy fun... for me just heavenly!

I used all my coral flower during this summer... such a pitty i don't have it anymore!

Harajukulovers: It's not spanish, it's Portuguese!=)

PR
PR

Staying power is poor, disssapeared from the paper strip in 20 minutes. On my skin it would be 'killed' in seconds

F_A
F_A

Very nice fragrance for summertime! Coral flower smells like a kitchen where someone is baking a pie with citrus fruits. You can still smell freshly cut lemons, grapefruits, tangerines:)

nezzabel

Se o Verão tivesse um só aroma definitivamente seria este! Sem dúvida é o meu perfume de eleição para o Verão. é um perfume que transborda sensualidade, mas não é pesado... consegue ser leve e ao mesmo tempo sexy - para mim é simplesmente divinal!

Coral Flower by Lolita Lempicka 3.69 out of 5 based on 983 ratings and 214 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lolita Lempicka Coral Flower fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lolita Lempicka Coral Flower, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Coral Flower by Lolita Lempicka. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Coral Flower by Lolita Lempicka represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.