Designers » L » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

dislike

I have it: 857 I had it: 303 I want it: 544 My signature: 12

almond
nutty
Fleur Defendue Lolita Lempicka for women Pictures Fleur Defendue Lolita Lempicka for women Pictures Fleur Defendue Lolita Lempicka for women Pictures

Fleur Defendue by Lolita Lempicka is a Floral Fruity Gourmand fragrance for women. Fleur Defendue was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Annick Menardo. Top notes are strawberry leaf, mimosa, green notes and wormwood; middle notes are peony, violet, anise and iris; base notes are almond, cherry and musk.

Strawberry Leaf Mimosa Green Notes Wormwood

Peony Violet Anise iris

Almond Cherry Musk

Lolita Lempicka Le Premier Parfum Eau de Toilette (Morsure d'Amour)
Kenzo Power
Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette

Fleur Defendue Fragrance Reviews

Miyuki
Miyuki

At first spray I thought it was almost exactly the same as Le Premier with the cherry and licorice notes. But the dry down is a bit lighter and fresh: more anise and flowery notes. I like it as a spring time version of the original. I don't love it like the original but it's a nice version and I really like the bottle.

Edit:
The longer I wear the more I start to appreciate it/ fall in love. Also; I start to see more differences between this one and Le Premier. This one is so soft and powdery. It hasn't got that dark undertone Le Premier has. I think of Fleur as a magical sunrise, while Le Premier is a mysterious sundown. I love them both!

Chrysal_Marie
Chrysal_Marie

Almond is definitely the dominating note at first spray. Dries down to a sunnier lighter version of the original. Absolutely no lasting power; 15 minutes and it's gone.

raw umber

I used to own this but swapped it away because I wasn't much into powder at the time. Well NOW I'm a powder maniac and I am so sorry I don't have it anymore.

I wrote a review of this one below, but I just wanted to add that Fleur Defendue is a brilliant choice for those who would like Petite Robe Noir but find the cherries too cloying, and for those who like the original Lolita Lempika, but find the licorice too sweet and heavy.

Fleur Defendue is a SILKY powdery dream with a little bite of absinthe, cherries and almond. It has beautiful sillage, good longevity, and would be a great layering fragrance for almond cherry body lotion.

Soft silky comforting and versatile enough to be warming in winter, but cooling in the summer. Thanks for NOTHING to 2746cstreet for sending me a decant of this and making me remember how much I love it! You've got some nerve!

A nice everyday-scent. On my skin I can smell most Almond, Musk, Iris, Violet & Cherry, Very nice mix. Soft and airy, fresh wiffs. Great scent for both younger and elder women.

En trevlig vardags-doft. På mig kan jag känna mest Mandel, Musk, Iris, Viol & Körsbär. Trevlig mix faktiskt. Mjuk och luftig med fräscha doftwiffar. Tidlös doft - för både tjejen och kvinnan.

Smells very green and floral citrus at first. Then the Lolita Lempicka core scent of licorice, anise, and violet are more prominent. Last developments are the almond and cherry notes which are very balanced.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

This is cute! This is the daytime spring version of the Original Lolita Lempicka. The difference is this is lighter, kinda boozy, and nutty compared to the Original. When I smell this I can imagine a golden haired fae folk who lives in the forest, she's bright and cheerful, adventurous, and a little on the tomboy side. This fae has a huge fondness to the creatures and often pays visits to the flower fields picking fresh cut flowers and returning home with the scent of earth and grass lingering.

Overall this LL perfume is similar to the Original but is suited for the daytime in the spring. Since this is discontinued try to snag a bottle while you can. It would make a nice addition to any Lolita lempicka collection. Great for those who are in touch with nature and a fondness for sweet things

bonnie52
bonnie52

Opens with a beautiful burst of floral that is just a memory in 10 minutes. Very disappointing.

allisino
allisino

Reminded me too much of the original LL, but I do detect a bit more floral in this one. Also, I get more longevity out of this one. Le premier hardly lasts an hour on me; this one dries down nicely to soft bunches of wildflowers, a bit of powder and what I suppose is the licorice everyone recognizes in the original scent (I love black licorice candy and need my licorice to practically punch me in the face to recognize it; therefore I don't associate LL with it at all really).

jessica.arndt
jessica.arndt

SWEET! This one is very sweet. But I love it. It opens with a super sweet almond. Usually I would not like this because reminds me Marzipan (and I dont like Marzipan at all), but there is a violet, anise and some green together that make it very pleasurable. With the time the perfume becomes better... very cozy, delicate, powdery.
Its a very happy perfume. I think perfect for spring or sunny days. I used this one last summer and had no headache, even with all this sweetness.
On my skin the longevity is moderate and the silage is also moderate.
I love this perfume. Dont know if I will buy this again when mine is finished because I have a LOT of perfumes and wanna try new ones. But for sure its NOT a perfume I will forget. :)

polly golightly
polly golightly

adorabile. mandorla e violetta.

extrasensoryperception
extrasensoryperception

Pretty and light with that unmistakable link to the original. I like it. Fresh, feminine and easy to wear.
I would wear this on days where I wanted a lighter scent. I adore the original, Coral Flower, Elle L'aime and L'eau en Blanc and would rank this with them in my 'buy and wear' list.

lirael00
lirael00

I love Lolita Lempicka fragrances. They are so magical and Forbbiden Flower is no exception. The musky almond scent takes me to another world. Whenever I wear this I'm transferred into a fairytale land. I'm a princess living in a castle, running through the forest, picking the berries and in the evening my carriage takes me to a royal ball where I dance with my own prince charming. Forbbiden Flower helps me create my own magical world in which I can be whatever I want to be. Sillage and longevity are moderate, but the smell, oh my, it completely takes me over again and again.

chimidoro
chimidoro

To me this is the lush "lemon curd" LL.
It makes me feel lighthearted and carefree, so it's perfect for a spring day. Heavy on the almond and with a sweet aura of fresh lemons. The licorice/anise here is smooth, but the scent is sharper and greener than any of the other flankers I've tried. If it wasn't for the addition of the gooey lemon curd zestiness, and if two eau de toilette variants of LL didn't already exist, this could have easily covered ground by being the only LL EDT available.

I'm one of the people who much prefers the original woody and floral Lempicka EDT, which is now hard to come by, with the silver top and diamante crystals adorning the body, over the newer lilac version with the bite taken out of it. But I put Fleur Défendue almost on par with that second, current, version. Fleur Défendue, for me, has the slight upper hand because I love the lemon here!
While the current LL EDT contains peachy apricots on a light woody base, Fleur Défendue is thick with syrupy, creamy marzipan, suffused with sugary lemon! Both this and the current EDT are far lighter compositions than the EDP, with far less of the musk and licorice. Both are much more simplified than the EDP, somewhat linear in comparison and less complicated. Dare I say less ethereal?
I find that I genuinely don't really get the chance in one springtime to wear all of the EDT variants. (As yet I do not own Blanc or Jolie due to this quandary). Maybe this is a moot point, but if you're not a collector, you may as well pick just one or two of the available EDT variants for spring wear, or else you mightn't find the time to use them.
I adore Fleur Défendue, but I find that I literally only apply it during the springtime and early summertime - never during any other time of year. I apply it liberally and stink the whole house out good n proper. This is pure sunshine to my nose and feels vibrant and fresh.

It has a gooeyness to it - it's resinous and has a touch of mossy earthiness to balance it out. With lots of sugary, smooth lemon curd, sometimes seeming exactly like freshly sliced lemon to my nose, but with lots of smooth creaminess added by the almond/marzipan/vanilla and the tasty licorice. The iris here seems to be what adds some of that powdery, earthy tone to the composition and the violet simply adds a cool and crisp air to it, without being distinct, just stopping it short of becoming too syrupy sweet. The peony is barely recognizable here beneath the lemony green "cherry" notes, and the same could be said of the mimose, but both help aid the smooth sweetness of the thick, foggy marzipan; working in perfect unison with that luscious signature LL licorice.

I've found that this costs a bit less than some of the other LL scents, so if you're looking for sunshine in a bottle - thick, sugary, syrupy marzipan with lots of lemony zest and earthy, powdery undertones (that make this distinctly Lempicka), look no further! Can be bought for a song! It's the ideal counterpart to the Midnight variants and the EDP for day wear in warmer climates. The moment the sun rears its yellow head from behind those baby blue clouds, I don the Fleur Défendue like my life depended on it.
It easily fills a room, but soon becomes a rather close skin scent, radiating around me like a bubble of sunshine.

Also - if you're a fan of Nina Ricci's "Almond Amour", you're likely to enjoy this. Scrap the kiwi from Almond Amour and replace it with green apples, sweet lemon and a hefty dose of anise. That's Fleur Défendue to a T. It's also less cloying and sweet than Almond Amour. I only wish it lasted longer - three or four hours tops on me! But it's worth reapplying.

Side note: I realized that I'm the only person here who thinks of this as a lemony scent, so I figured I really ought to write a review lest somebody be tempted to buy it for (black, liqueur) cherry only to find themselves ending up with lemon. The cherry here is certainly sour enough to translate to sugary lemon. Whether the note really is cherry or not, in this composition it's certainly zesty and sweet like a fresh homemade lemon curd. Picture some kind of lemon tart or cheesecake with little marzipan pigs (or a cluster of roses if you're so inclined) sitting on top, surrounded by bright red cherries and doused in powdery icing sugar. Actually sounds a bit gross, but it smells delectable.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Interesting how divided the reviews are for this one, it nearly kept me from blind buying.. hearing it was a too-sweet, light version, I wasn't sure at all how I'd like it.

I do love the original LL but something in it is a bit too dry, almost scratchy to me, and it unfortunately never made it into my collection. I couldn't get past it enough to enjoy the gourmand bits, it just felt somewhat sharp, with this silky, dark cherry underneath that I just couldn't get to.

THIS one however turned out to be a lovely surprise -- it has all the qualities of the original, just turned down a bit. I don't agree that it's super light though, I'm wearing this now in about 70-75 degree weather and think it may be too warm for this.

Soft, spicy, powdery, cherry liqueur-ish , deep, dark, and woodsy. This reminds me of some magical concoction being offered to you by a wood nymph, leading you deeper into the trees.

pattyk

I purchased this fragrance a while ago but didn't open it up until yesterday. Wow! Very nice. Light smelling and fresh and clean, mildly sweet and not over bearing but yet it smells good enough to keep smelling your wrist or where ever you spray it. I highly recommend this fragrance. I also like L'de Lolita Lempicka which smells way different. I don't think this fragrance smells anything like the original Lolita Lempicka which is strong and has more anise. Even though I would say this is a spring and summer perfume, I will be wearing it now which is winter time in Michigan with several feet of snow. I feel happy wearing it.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Well I am a lover of Lolita fragrances. The original Lolita is my favorite. This one smells very close to the original with only a slight difference being it has a slightly more floral twist but it's extremely close just missing some of the licorice which I feel makes it weaker with less strength.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

A lot of people pin for an LL kind of girl, but truth be told I'm not really. I admit I was pretty disenchanted with this line for awhile, never really understanding the hype till I got this sweet little baby in a trade.
This fragrance is soft and child like. Although I want to point out, this isn't the kid that's only seen and not heard saying only "yes mam no sir" this kid has spirit.
The top notes of fleur defendue are green, sharp, and a little weird. I can smell the beginnings of sweet powderyness like this little kid is out playing in the yard, covered in grass stains, and is digging in a sandbox filled with talcum powder instead of sand.
The powder notes only get stronger and stronger, for me who is still finding her foot holes in appreciating powdery perfumes I found it a bit off putting yet oddly nice. I could smell the yummy fresh black cherries, maybe that's what reeled me in. I thought of a bowl of the pitted kind. A little kids hand feeling around for the bowl on the counter top, maybe slip a few in before dinner time ;). Not that I ever did something so naughty.
Once the almond becomes clear in the base I love the powderyness in this fragrance. There is no longer anything alienating me because baby powder I don't do, but if you throw in almonds in the powder I'm more than game since I'm nuts for nuts.
This fragrance is very innocent, demure, yet quirky and whimsical. It has a place in my heart.

Grimly Fiendish
Grimly Fiendish

To me, this smells like a lighter, inoffensive day-time version of the original LL perfume; this is even light enough to be suitable for summer, whilst I feel LL is far too heavy.

I can definitely smell the anise, but it is fairly subtle and doesn't take over. I can also smell the almond and violet which make this powdery, and the cherries which add some sweetness. This isn't a syrupy or even sugary sweet scent though, which I am thankful for. There is also a slight soapiness to it, which usually causes me to instantly dislike a scent, but it really works here.

On me, it doesn't last long: only about 4 hours, but I wear this on days that I feel like keeping it simple, so it works well for that purpose.

Overall, this is a light, clean, inoffensive and easy to wear LL scent. If you found the original too harsh, I highly recommend this as an option.

fragrantica club
fragrantica club

Sweet, fruity very feminim. I get a lot of complimets wearing this fragrance. Long lasting, very pleasant not boaring. If you dont enjoy really girly sweet scents, dont get this one. But if you do, this is a very nice one.

MarillaV
MarillaV

If the original Lolita reminds me of forest fairies and L de Lolita is evocative of a mermaid hideout, Fleur Defende is a proper English garden fairy. On me, the strawberry leaf, cherry, and almond blossom are quite prominent. This fruity, gardens green smell is quickly followed by an intriguing slightly bitter note, which I believe is the wormwood (absinthe). This restrains the blend from going too sweet and I really enjoy it! As the scent dries down, the powder comes to play, a sprinkle from the fairy's wand.

raw umber

Thank you so much to the wonderful Kris919 for trading me this in a swap.

If pearl-colored glitter had a scent, this would be it. Fleur Defendue is a silky powdery scent with an almond/cherry-tinged facet all the way through. It is somehow light and thick at the same time. My boyfriend said it smells like a freshly opened package of cherry lozenges, though to me, the cherry aspect is in the background.

As many have said, it's a subtle scent but has excellent projection considering it is so subtle, and the longevity is pretty good. As Cake mentioned in her review, it is soft but it's definitely not weak.. It's MEANT to be soft. The anise is detectable and adds a spicy facet. The whole composition is so balanced, and has an almost chewy quality.
Tried it initially during summer, but this smells much better and fresher during autumn , I think.

This fragrance reminds me of either a young girl, or a very old woman wearing a long fake pearl necklace.. (or several of them) around her neck. Gentle, private and elegant. .

My sister was horrified by the scent of this, but she's always been an extroverted athletic type of girl. Fleur Defendue is pretty much the opposite of that.

PS- This fragrance is haunted, like a little girl with powder pouring out of her eye-sockets.

carolien1978
carolien1978

blind buy....not my cup of tea :-( I smell hardly anything and it smells to me like toothpaste ;-) ... very weard! It has nothing "forbidden" tot me... the bottle however is gorcious!

rthgdess
rthgdess

I get a delicious tart cherry liqueur scent from this - I'm surprised more reviewers haven't picked up on the absinthe (wormwood) note in this, because I think that's what's bringing out that aspect of it. And I love the tangy green color. Fleur Defendue is sweet and decadent but light, fresh, and green all at the same time. I may just love this more than the original LL.

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

This reminds me of the original Lolita Lempicka which I happen to love. Definitely a similar vibe happening. Fleur Defendue is heavy on the cherry and not quite as deep and dark as the original. I find it sweeter as well. The cherry in this is very "syrupy" and for me, it makes this fragrance stand out the way that licorice makes the original stand out. I find Fleur Defendue easier to pull off in the summer than the original, which is better suited to winter. I find myself loving this just as much, if not more than I do the original Lolita Lempicka fragrance. The bottle is also just as cute as all the other perfume bottles in her line. For me, this one's a winner!

benpaul12
benpaul12

I don't mind it, but it isn't amazing. A little too flat and powdery for my nose. I find that Hypnotic Poison does the almond and musk better than this.

Very young smelling, perhaps a great fragrance for a teenager - however not sharp or complex enough for 20+.

(I got this for my GF as a mini bottle, I don't wear it!)

Turtledove

Alright, I can finally tell the difference between this one and the original! They are very similar. With the original, I get a lot more ivy-greenery-soil mixed with the sweet violet-anise. Fleur Defendue is just a tad gentler and softer, it has the same flavor of sweetness as the original, but without the misty cold garden feeling. I can get a sense of the white-musky cherry-almond thing going on too, but it's not too pronounced, it blends into the overall Lempicka sweetness, making it just a little softer and fruitier. And not too powdery, which is a relief. If you're turned off by the green notes in LL but like it otherwise, this would be a good flanker to try.

Update: This one seems a little light on the longevity, lasts about 2-3 hours for me. And amazingly, it managed not to be overpowering on a blazing summer day, which earns it some bonus points in my book.

FleurDefendue
FleurDefendue

Very pretty on me--creamy almond, sweet anise, and tart cherry are most notable...I wonder if the wormwood component gives the liquor-like note?

Anyways, it's cleaner & softer than the original LL with a very powdery violet note. Sweet and feminine.

nazza28

I also find this perfume doesn't project very much on me, it seems to sit very close to the skin. I do love the scent, it's a sweet little twist on the original. But since I have such a love affair with Illusions Noires Le Premier Parfum Eau de Minuit, this one seems soft and beautiful but to me simply a shadow to my favourite more dark, intoxicating Lolita cousin ;)

Pari88
Pari88

Almond, Cherries, Anise/Licorice, Mimose, Flowers. As the Original is for the Fairies, this is surely made for a Fairy Tale Princess. I love them both! It is so gentle, warm, sweet, calm, well put together. Lovely, just lovely. The initial blast is more fruity sharp, anise with cherries. The drydown is lotion like creamy, still sweet but not sharp, all the while the almond, cherries, and anise are all there.
This takes me to a far away fantasy land with castles and all things pretty. The sun is shining, and flowers are always in bloom. I bought this for my mom over a year back and she still has most left in her bottle. I sprayed some on today, randomly, and I absolutely love it. It works beautifully on my skin and gives me a sense of calm, assurance, love, peace, and serenity. I would recommend this to new mothers, or nurses like myself who need a gentle calming fragrance. I don't recall any other fragrance that smells like this, so of course, like LL's it is absolutely unique. Give this a try, and if it works, it's going to be on your top list. Love it. I'll be taking the bottle back from my mom :-) Enjoy Princesses!

mhubbard

Allright I'm done complaining and will put this nonsense in my Salvation Army box where it belongs.

mhubbard

Hello? 12 sprays this morning and no smell, no smell, no smell. Total waste of my money. What did smell for 5 minutes was exactly like the real LL.

marylu
marylu

A beautiful fragrance. Sits close to the skin. Soft and sweet. Just lovely.

fllorre
fllorre

I wear this almost everyday. On my skin it lasts more than 24 hours. I adore this perfume!

c3c
c3c

nazza28 I have Midnight, L, Coral Flower, Eau de Desir and Fleur Defendue. I am not a fan of the original LL. Midnight is by far the closest to this but I think they are all worth owning on their own. Personally I like this scent very much.

nazza28

I have a question... does this smell significantly different enough to the original or any others to bother buying it? I only ask because I already have the original, L de lolita and the midnight version :)

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

I was given it as a gift few years ago and it still nauseates me. Nutty, tacky, syrupy. It reminds me of a cheap fruit liquor or old melting candies with liquor filling ... Disorganized 'gourmand' at its worst. Maybe gourmand fanatics would enjoy it but i certainly would like to defend myself from this forbidden boozy flower.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Just received a sample of this by one of our generous fragranticans!
This is a very nice, soft & delicate scent... A lovely sweet opening in which I definitely can tell the strawberry leaf and mimose are there, quickly followed by some green notes accompanied by the almond. To me it's more like almond blossom, because of the floral notes surrounding it, becoming nuttier in the dry down.
Very subtle scinscent, cuddly... :)

I was gifted a full bottle of this and have been wearing it since this morning so I thought I would update my review.
The very first spray smells exactly like the original LL. So much so that my boyfriend asked "is that the same one I bought you?"
Then the licorice turns into more herbal aniseed and green notes pop up behind the powdery almond and violet. There's a slight tartness of cherry, but it's not a dark cherry like in original LL.
I get a bit of wormwood which I believe is what keeps Fleur Defendue from slipping into the ultra-gourmand category.
It's cozy, pleasant. Still not feeling any sensuality from this fragrance, but it's much better suited to spring & summer than the original.
I get a bit of play-doh from this so if that's something that frequently bothers you in almond fragrances, avoid Fleur Defendue.

pattyk

"Rosembloom", thank you for the information on this perfume. I did order it and after some thought, got the 1.7. I received it yesterday and I totally get what you described! I do smell the anise but not for long. It's soft, not over-bearing and just beautiful. I THANK YOU for your advise and am glad that I did purchase this perfume. The bottle is beautiful and it's a great addition to my perfume collection. The scent does last quite a long time. Thank you once again!

mhubbard

I love the original Lolita lempicka. It is unique, quirky and wonderful, very long- lasting without being overpowering. Unfortunately, the Fleur Defendue is quite similar on opening, but much too soft, fades in an hour or two and is NOT worth the 22 dollars I paid for an ounce. Another case of cashing in an a fragrance's popularity. Get the original, not this watered down flanker.

basiadz@ymail.com
basiadz@ymail.com

It's a quite intriguing smell but not in stinky way :). It's just so different enough that on the party a random gentleman ended up smelling my neck. I can't describe what I feel on my skin because it smells differently in warm or cold weather. It's definitely worth trying. After purchasing 30 ml bottle and running it down I ordered the 100 ml.

I also want to add that I've always been reluctant towards Lolita's fragrances as I don't cope well with sickly sweet smells which is typical for Lempicka. However this one is just a right balance. My next try will be the coral flower.

noramozzann
noramozzann

i bought it online. I have just get the item today. Seriously, at first spray i felt want to cry and throw this away because it smells so bad. after a few minutes and i spray it again. gosh! i love the smell. the scents that wont be the same as others. i will try others LL soon. But sadly, in this country no more sold. need to purchase outside. LL love it!

poivrerose
poivrerose

I really sense the mimose, anise, and violet. It took me a couple of wears to finally feel the attraction, but now it is there. It is lovely for spring. Not too sweet - although it does boast the same form of sweetness as the other LLs - it just isn't AS sweet. It's more of a fresh sweet scent, but by fresh I don't mean clean or soapy. There is just a spectacular balance between the sweetnesss, greenness, and flowers - a hint of powder and creaminess. I just find this to be a unique and sort of stunning blend. There's something glassy and cool about it. It's creative, an experience, but still feminine and pleasantly pretty.
There is an odd note about this at first, some greenish bland nondescript offbeat note. I think it's best if you just don't stick your nose right into this scent in the beginning, because that is when I sense that note most. It is, however, really really pretty when it just floats in the air about you. And the green note blends in better the longer it wears.

@Pattyk:
I think the licorice note in here is faint. Compared to the original, it is soft and innocent yet refined and fun. It will not scream 'anise' but murmur 'spiced cherry-pralines ' xxxx give us news!

rosembloom

Just lovely! Ever so soft and whispery, to me this is a skin scent. The opening was rather fresh and light then came a breeze of gentle fruity florals. The violet here is like a candied one, dripping with honey. The anise is not as present here as in the Original Eau de Parfum which I simply adore. As the soft leafy florals settle, I detect a cherry -almond scent that I recognize and makes my mouth water. The drydown is a whispering musky vanilla (not listed) with a hint of cherry that reminds me of the original Jergens creamy liquid soap. It is simply wonderous but... for 15 minutes. I asked a friend to assist me in sampling this beauty and sadly, it did not have any staying power on her either. It is Unique to me because just when I give up trying to smell it, I get a yummy whiff of cherry almond! It is faint but seems to linger about you like a fluffy cloud of creamy cherry and pralines. I do love it but my skin just drinks up whatever juice I spray so I will stick with the orignial which suits me to a T. A delight for the senses: it will surely not overwhelm you or the people around you. If you are looking for a fun yet sophisticated summer scent that whispers gently 'come hither': this one is for you!

pattyk

I have just one question.....Is the licorice/anise smell strong....I cannot handle heavy licorice/anise smells in a perfume. I love licorice but there's something that bothers me when it's heavy in a perfume. Thanks.....I am considering a purchase of this.

purrz11
purrz11

It's interesting to read the different impressions this gives to everyone. From green to creamy to bubblegum! What an array of interpretations! I got a blast of icy cherries and violets with just a whiff of almonds. It is very cold to me. The drydown is softer violets but still not what I was hoping for. I wanted a soft warm almond cherry. This one has good sillage and last for about 5 hours on me. It's nice if it's what you're looking for but it's not for me.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

They all end up smelling quite the same on me. But being that I love them, that is a good thing. If you like one, you will like them all. The only one that is really different is Blanc. I just have too many bottles of the Midnight version. Anyone interested PM me. I guess I just love licorice so much :)

PhaedraRose
PhaedraRose

This is another variation on a theme ,similar to the eau de toilette but more floral. The signature anise is prominent with sweet mimosa and a hint of green on first spray,it seems quite light. On me the scent develops into almonds and cherries,then it deepens and seems to become more intense,sweeter and slightly musk but still retaining the anise and mimosa quite prominently along with a nice almondy undertone. I like this as a more romantic,softer version of the original.

wendyyparty
wendyyparty

Blind bought a half-full (50/100ml) bottle of this one solely out of curiousity, just to learn that no matter how hard I tried I couldn't love this frag...another proof that I'll never be a princess in fairytales (oh yeah, like there would be one hot sexy gay princess, who ignored all the charming princes in her life, killed the dragons with her bare hands, and married another beautiful, most alluring princess of them all, duh!)

Please don't mind what was said in the parentheses, LOL

#hurry back to the woods!

Sangers
Sangers

I stayed away from Lolita's perfumes, given my bad experience with the first one, but after trying L and loving it I decided to give their other perfumes a chance, and guess what? I also love this one!

It smells clean, creamy, and slightly floral and green. It lasts quite a lot on my skin, and has nice sillage, noticeable but not overpowering. Plus, I can see it working all year round. Definitely, I will purchase this :)

AddictedToLife
AddictedToLife

Its nice, soft, sweet, definetly can smell almonds, its warm and smells good, but not something unusual)))

purpleladyfa
purpleladyfa

I LOVE IT!!!
I feel like a princess from the fairytale when wearing this..

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

I hated this one at first and almost gave it away to a co-worker who ended up turning it down after taking a quick whiff herself! I couldn't even give it way! I ended up bringing the bottle home, resigned to keep the rank thing for the pretty bottle if for nothing else. One Sunday afternoon at home in my pj's I sprayed myself with it out of boredom and was shocked to discover that after the first half hour - I absolutely loved it! The initial spray smells like A&D ointment or diaper rash cream, its sour, medicinal and just yucky...now if you can stop yourself from making a b-line to the nearest bathroom to scrub it off you'll find that it develops into a sweet, soft more innocent version of LL. Think LL minus the spicy star anise & licorice. I definitely smell the almond and sweet powder, but not so much cherry at all. And the name "forbidden flower" does suit it IMO... it has an innocent sweetness to it, reminds me of a girl on the cusp of wonanhood, who still has no idea how alluring she's becoming to others. Be warned though, she's no tart, this girl loves to read. She's still obliviously jailbait though, therefore "forbidden" but all the more desirable for it. Yep, I'm glad I kept this. My only gripe is that it's very faint.

candymarie
candymarie

A nice, feminine, fruity floral with a clean, fresh smell. I detect no almond whatsoever.

ingahoberg
ingahoberg

I can't smell a thing. This was a blind buy since I love L. Lolita and thought another lovely bottle would round out my collection. I read all these great reviews...ordered a big 3.4 oz. bottle on e-bay and read more of these great reviews. I don't smell it at all, even the cheapest, most mundane hand lotion has a stronger scent. I asked my sister to try it, thinking it must be me. She said it is very faint and could not tell what it smelled of. Maybe I got a "fake" bottle, although it looks genuine. Has anyone else had a problem just smelling this? I'd like to know, I guess a run to the mall is in to see if my bottle is no good! I shall return.

winekid
winekid

Tried this in the store, about 30 minutes later I got a waft of baked goods from my arm - most likely the almond. Nice, but I don't really want to smell like a pie.

loonad

not a bad scent but strangely it makes me feel sad.;)..dont know why but it is the truth.

joybee88
joybee88

It's so weird that some reviews say this is sweet...mine arrived today, and after wearing it all day I really don't think this is a sweet perfume.

It is powdery though. Very much the smell of baby powder. I also get green notes, sour cherry, and bitter almond. Didn't seem to change very much from opening to drydown.

I thought this was going to be like my favourite discontinued Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier Nina Ricci, which is much sweeter because it has marzipan. To my nose Fleur Defendue is not sweet at all. It is fruity, green, and powdery. A summer perfume.

But anyhow, it's only been a day. Many perfumes change with temperature, humidity, and body chemistry. I'll probably add more info later on.

loonad

i blind bought a 50ml of this from cheapsmells for 16 pounds.amazing price.

act620ress
act620ress

Smells like baby powder or a baby's bottom when you wash it and then put powder on it. Yuck! It also has a light flowery smell but ew I just couldn't take it. I wore it once but never again.

dawnzartandlife
dawnzartandlife

I have had this for awhile and love it. I love this and cherry almond and creamy dreamy powdery gourmand fragrance for what it is. I adore it and it puts me in a great mood when I wear it.

anamalia
anamalia

I have had fleur defendue for a while now and I really like it. The first impression that I get is cherry, a dark not so sweet cherry. It is a strong fragrance, two spritzes will last the whole day. It is a warm fragrance, no sense of freshness but more a creamy and enveloping dark sweet fruity scent.

alanav09
alanav09

smells really good! a little too sweet for me, as its a sharp kind of sweet. i mostly smell maraschino cherries and almonds, so just imagine wearing a shirley temple! lol.

def a cold weather smell, unless you want to suffocate all those around you!!

Bettany87
Bettany87

Very beautiful right from the initial spray! It's fresh and sweet and highly appealing. All the notes were blended so well, it's difficult to discern a single note, it has depth yet it maintains it's light qualities.

It's so different from the original one, the woody notes are not present, making it more feminine and prettier. If you are not into woody notes, then this the Lolita Lempicka for you. I get the hints of cherry only on the drydown, along with the nutty almond scent and soft musk. What lingers on my skin is a sweet, powdery yet crisp scent that is quite addictive. Not overly floral, not overly fruity ... just beautiful.

Rhairis
Rhairis

SMELL
OF
PRINCESS!!!

margien
margien

Such nice bottles by LL.... This was a blind buy that I regret. I think it is a perfume that stands out, it is not mainstream, and I appreciate that. However, to me it is all cherry and almond, which apparently I do not like. Will give it away...

maianh83
maianh83

4 years ago, I was a new bie to perfume world.
I visited a perfume and cosmetics shop, tested about 10 fragrances, Lolita perfumes were very attracted, I did love 1 smell among Lolitas, and finally I ended up buying the full size 100ml EDP of the wrong perfume I loved the most then. I did not realize the mistakes until today, when I just bought 1 mini bottle of Fleur Defendue Lolita Lempicka ! I bought the LL original and when I got home, I found the smell is a bit different, I just thought it was because I sniffed a lot of perfumes ! And because I used up that big bottle quickly ( just in 11 months ) and then decided to pick other perfumes because I just rather love LL EDP, not as much as this one.
In fact, the one I would have bought is LL Fleur Defendue ( Forbidden Flower ) !

xocoatl
xocoatl

This was a successful blind buy for me!

Initially though, after the first spray, I was a bit surprised that the scent is kind of green and a bit sharp (though at the same time sticky and sweet, marzipan-like). Not what I expected from the notes that are listed here (the top notes aren't listed?).

After about two hours the perfume has settled into a creamy sweet almondy scent, which I like a lot. Makes me hungry for sweets and cake :)

It lasts quite long on my skin, but I'm not sure about the sillage, there seem to be a lot in the beginning, but not so much after a while.

nikkimouse
nikkimouse

I'm so upset! I absolutely love and bought a new bottle, and somewhere from the store to home I lost the stem / sprayer :/ oh my goodness ... this is a sad day!!! what to do, it's not just a normal sprayer, it's a stem and well hard to explain, but simply put, i cant just take the sprayer off another, it wont work :,,,(

What can I say, it's beautiful, magical, creamy, dreamy, sexy, the silage is wonderful, doesn't last long, but long enough to be worth it, the scent is just so delicious. I'm over 30 and may seem like to young for me, but I don't care, this is one of my absolute favorites of all time

soooo DELICIOUS! not in the celebrity brityney candy garbage kind of way, but in the olfactive brilliant kind of way. :)

To me, it smells exactly how it sounds, and better, like some kind of gourmand marzipan'ish edible delight... well almost edible, so amazing, such personality, I find this far more interesting than Keiko Mecheri's Loukhoum poudre (although I do love it too) I am in lust!

I'd give this a ten, but because it only lasts for a good 2 hours maybe three, I will give it a 8.5/10

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Received a sample of this thanks to Kittykati! :)
This opens with a burst of cherries but within moments on the skin the bitterness of almonds and the soft violet make themselves known. This becomes a perfect blend of all three. Does make me think of cherry and almond cupcakes, but it's really not very sweet. Very charming, though I feel like the almonds keep it from being too girly.

lettyb76
lettyb76

Yesterday I wore this and one of my students told me I smell like a baby. Even though she meant it as a compliment, I don't personally like the way babies smell. Hence, today, I layered it with the original Lolita Lempicka and it smells great.

beauty_girl

I bought this the first time unsniffed. At first time i didnt like, but the second time i tried it i liked it. It is sweet and likebly. After i had bought my 2nd bottle i started to got tired of it, even that i like the smell. Now i wear the orginal Lolita Lempicka and they smells kind of the same, but not as sweet. So if you fins this a bit to sweet, try the original :) I dont like licorice, but i like the Lolita Lempicka, so dont be afraid to try it even if you dont like licorice :)

queen_jeeves
queen_jeeves

Envelops like a hug from your pretty maiden aunt. It's charming and lovely, without being sexual.
In saying that, I don't think that this fragrance was designed to be sexy or loud, rather, it invokes childhood memories and fairytales. I love it!

supermightygal
supermightygal

The top notes is too flowery for me, but I really like the dry down. It smells like the original Lolita Lempicka, while the top notes of the original is too heavy for me.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Ordered the sample out of sheer curiosity, and by looking at the notes wasn't too sure if it was going to be this good of a surprise.
Well, where do I begin....
Powdery, soft scent with cherry aroma blended so well; it gives the hint of a cherry dunked in the martini, better than I can even describe it. Violet and almond play the large powdery part here, interlaced with wonderfully balanced cherry along with peony and soft musk afterwards.
I can say that I have never seen cherry blended so well in any other perfumes, it usually comes out too strong, harsh and too fruity. Buuuut that's not the case here, this perfume is Superb-ly done! Such a fresh, powdery cherry floral. Wish it would last all day, 5ish hours I'll still take it:)!

melbritt24
melbritt24

Smells like the original Lolita (licorice) mixed with an almond/powdered sugar confection like keiko mecheri loukhoum eau poudree.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

Alas, another Lempicka I had higher hopes for. I got it in a hurry after smelling the first whiff =mistake= I smelled at the beginning a warm mix of peony, almond and musk, wonderful! If they ONLY would STAY in the dry down I would love this one! And the cherry is a mystery ingredient to me since I didn't smell any cherry at all.
I really like this smell in the first 20 minutes. Than it starts to disappear - fast!
If I am going to wear this for a whole day I have to carry the bottle with me.
It's a shame, I seem to have no luck with Lolita Lempickas scents, and all the bottles are so cute. My next serious Lempicka 'sniff' will be: "Si Lolita". Another bottle that is pretty eye-candy; if the juice was only as wonderful or my chemistry would cooperate. *sigh*

missymary
missymary

I get black cherry liqueur and baked almond tart from Fleur Defendu, but just a hint of candied parma violet. The most lasting note is the marzipan.

Its one to instantly love or hate, and I love it. It's unmistakably coming from the same school of novel romantic gourmand/floriental blends as the original Lolita Lempicka and Hypnotic Poison. It's very heady, but in a lighhearted and sunny way.

The little apple bottles with their gold stem/sprays are so delicate and cute. BTW functionally they spritz really well. It's brilliant that a perfume of the quality of Fleur Defendu is often available at quite low prices .The one drawback is that it has no staying power at all.

Karen.M.OShaughnessy
Karen.M.OShaughnessy

I bought a marked for clearance gift set at Marshall's that was missing the EDP & had a 2.5 oz. tube of the perfumed lotion. Very similar to Lolita Lempicka but fruitier & a bit less intense as others noted.

chinna
chinna

It is easier to use than the purple apples because it is less sweet, more fruity and light

Gabriela
Gabriela

Fleur Defendue is a floral gourmand, but it leans more towards the gourmand category. It feels similar to original Lolita Lempicka, but it is less sweet, less dreamy and more womanly and sophisticated...

I smell vanilla in this one, but it’s not listed as an ingredient. I get a similar fluffy vibe from it, just like with original Lolita, but every note in Fleur Defendue is drier, more opaque and this adds to its charming appeal...

My nose gets bitter dry almond, a sparkling yet dark cherry, a lush violet, a touch of velvety musk on a soft pillow of opaque vanilla and an inconspicuous peony that holds everything together…

This beauty whispers its allure on the skin with an evocation of powdered almondy silk, rounded out with violet and vanilla. The dry down is nutty, creamy and just a bit powdery, so unique and feminine! It is wonderfully long-lasting and sensual yet demure.

Overall, it is a refined and polished fragrance, the most likable of the Lempicka’s in my opinion. It is not overly sweet, and I think that’s why it seems to attract more fans.

a light musky cherry scented floral that i absolutely love. lasting over 3 hrs on me so far. i also love L.L.'s bottles. they are all so pretty and feminine. i'm very happy with this and i would buy it again. 9 1/2-10.

frusia
frusia

It was my first Lolita. I bought it by mistake - I wanted the purple Lolita and the box confused me. I got my purple Lolita later, but this one remains one of my favourites. It is softer and more fruity than the original Lolita and fades away much too quickly, but it's so pleasant that you want to spray it again and again

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

I'm really loving this ultra-feminine scent. It's simple, not strong or overwhelming. Initial spray for me is peony but it quickly fades into a soft cherry almond smell. This is really powdery and perfect for daytime wear. I wore it to an early dinner yesterday evening and the host and my friends complimented me on it. A great blind buy.

acv43
acv43

I really love this one.
Yes it is quite a simple scent- but that is part of its charm. This is cherry almond- in just the right amount of sweetness, wrapped in comforting powdery musk.
To describe it more abstractly- it smells like innocence and sunshine
I think I must acquire a bottle of this in time for spring :)

Tovah
Tovah

This fragrance is purely enchanting...the kind of scent that makes me fall in love with perfume all over again (as if I ever stopped). I've admired Lolita Lempicka since it launched, and I've coveted that gorgeous bottle, but I never bought it, because each time I tested it, the anise went wrong on my skin, and the whole composition got cloying in the drydown. I received compliments, so the anise note, which seemed unpleasant to me, obviously smelled good to others. In fairness, I've only tried Lolita from those little spray tester bottles received from orders at "warehouse" etailers, so there's really no way to tell how fresh the samples were. In any case, The First Fragrance has been "iffy" to me.

Fleur Defendue, however, swept me off my feet. I purchased it originally as a birthday present for my 21 year old goddaughter, who is crazy for all the Lolitas. When I smelled the Fleur Defendue, I knew I had to have it. It's distinctive, original, and gorgeous. I can't say for sure that if you love Lolita Lempicka you would love this, but I'm pretty sure if you dislike Lolita Lemicka, you probably wouldn't like Fleur Defendue. It's "base" calls to mind LL enough that you can tell they're "related".

While Fleur Defendue does have the unmistakeable Lempicka "Guerlainade", it's very, very different from the others in the line (on my skin, anyways). This scent begins with a cool, green feeling that's almost minty (but it doesn't smell like mint). I'm sure this is a blast of absinth (wormwood) flower. Rather than smelling like schnapps, though, this smells distinctively herb-like. Like a waft of something mossy, growing on a pathway, encountered when hiking in forests. I smell something sweet, too, like cherry blossoms and a hint of Maraschino. This cherry-almond-chlorophyl combo smells positively intoxicating. It gives the atmosphere of swimming in mysterious but soothing warm waters, glowing with bioluminescence.

I do not pick up a typical anise note in this. I know anise is a note in the mix, but it behaves differently here than it ever has for me. Rather than add a sour sharpness, I think it enhances the warmth of the almond, which causes the cherry to seem effervescent; especially in contrast with the chilled greenness at the beginning of wear.

The violet, peony, musk, etc. don't announce themselves to me. Rather, they blend into a perfect accord that make this a unified perfume, rather than a scent experience similar to eating a 5 course dinner. While Fleur Defendue is "gourmand", it's not foody. This doesn't smell like something I want to eat. It smells like a place where I want to escape.

It's dreamy, and exhilarating, and I can't stop inhaling the fragrance from my own wrist.

MaggieKat

Sorry I meant that yellow is my favorite COLOR not flower :)

MaggieKat

I have to be honest, I initially bought this perfume because of the bottle, it is gorgeous and yellow is my favorite flower. But when I got home and saw the accords, an group I thought that I would hate it. Suprisingly I dont. On this cold morning, the sent of licorice or anise is comforting to me, reminding of the anise tea my mom used to make for us when it was cold or we were ill. I wont say that I love it, but I do like it very much. Good blind buy for me :)

Raina
Raina

For those who normally steer clear of the Lolita Lempicka range, I suggest you give this one a try.

I despise the scent of licorice, that horrible burned rubber scent so apparent in all of LL's fragrances, and I'm so glad I got a sample of this or I'd have never even so much as looked at it. I must admit that I'm a sucker for pretty bottles, and that's initially what drew me in to LL's fragrances. But the contents were so off putting I could never justify owning one of these works of art; now I can.

This is a powdery and feminine scent, with a cherry twist to add just the slightest bit of whimsy and fruitiness. Reading the notes here I was worried this would be a syrupy cherry and marzipan mess. Thankfully, the powdery almonds are turned into an almost soapy, floral powder with enough musk to keep it from being a baby powder scent. The cherries here are not overly done or obvious, instead they're kept very natural. This cherry is not cherry syrup, it's more of the tartness of fresh cherries that lend the powderyness a fruity edge. It's a clean scent, with a bit more to it.

An overall well done blend. I'm so glad I can finally own one of these bottles for more than just the bottle itself.

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

Very similar to the original LL, tasty and fruity. The cherry note is successfully compined with almond that makes this scent gourmand. This can be worn as an alternative to the original during the springtime.
I prefer the original, due to the fact that I am keen on more intense, deep and complex scents(I love the licorice, anise and violet accords).Additionally, this one does not last for a long time and it has a really monotonous drydown. If you like sweet, fruity, edible perfumes, you should try this one !

HoneyAmber
HoneyAmber

This is such a gorgeous fragrance! The main notes of cherry and almond go along absolutely perfectly.
It is not a sweet sweet perfume. It has charming bitterness in it from cherry stone centre nut and almond essence. You know when you crack a cherry stone and eat the nut (we used to do it as a kids), that little cherry nut has some kind of soft bitterness.
Then when you smell concentrated almond essence it has similar nutty bitter notes. That is what you feel in Fleur Defendue immidiately.
This velvety bitterness is soften by disciplined sweetness of dark cherry. Yes. Exactly disciplined cherry because you almost want to say this is a sweet cherry but you won't say it because it is still not sweet enough to call it sweet.
Somewhere in the middle stage here or there you will catch quick violet and peony shy smiles behind cherry and almond marriage but they are soft and gentle.
Altogether it is very rounded. smooth and silky elegant perfume, you want to breath it in all the time.
The bottle is pretty as all Lolita Lempicka's perfume bottles, but yellow colour does not describe the fragrant juice inside at all. It should be deep cherry colour with shiny violet curls around.
It last around 4-5 hours on my skin. Last couple of hours the fragrance is very close to my skin.
In some way Fleur Defendue reminds me of Gloria by Cacharel..probably because of similar notes of almond, etc.

Turtledove

This is almost exactly like the original LL in every way I can think of, possibly a little lighter, but no cherry or almonds or anything that I can detect. That anise-violet scent at the heart of Lolita Lempicka is pretty much all I smell in Fleur Defendue, maaaybe if I'm getting interpretive it has a (really) faint hint of warmth from the almond, or a baby-powderish slant that the original doesn't, but it's really super close.

Actually, I think my sample may be off, these are so alike. That would be sad.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I agree with Sweetmagnolia about it being a skin scent - it does hug the skin unlike it's big sister, LL (who shouts out "I'm here everyone", which is gorgeous). Far more delicate and powdery, it's definitely a winner. As far as Lolita Lempicka fragrances go, another winner!!

sweetmagnolia
sweetmagnolia

I would definately discribe Fleur Defendue as a skin scent, in that it oh so soft, slightly powdery, and wears very close to the skin.

What you will experience in the opening, is a fresh, juicy blast of sour cherry. As the drydown progresses, FD becomes a very delicate, powdery, dark cherry and almond scent.( The flower notes are not forthcoming )

This is not for the bold fragrance lover that wants their perfume to announce their arrival . Fleur Defendue is demure, ladylike, and very understated.
A delicious little number that will not offend even the most sensative of noses.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

This is a very unusual fragrance. I can smell the almonds and cherry and something else, but I am not sure what it is. I like it, as is is pleasant smelling but I don't think I will end up buying this (Unless I find it super cheap). Probably best for a daytime fragrance in spring and summer. Thank you Dame Piglet for the decant! :) Lasts about 4 hours

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Fleur Defendue is nice enough, but very similar to the original Lolita Lempicka. The cherry in this is transient (thankfully); really the major difference in composition seems to be the almond component, which is very pleasant, and its lighter quality. Since the original L.L. is quite light on me, requiring very generous application to be discernible even to myself and becoming a skin scent rather quickly, this lighter formulation is not a plus to me. I did a wrist by wrist comparison of the original Lolita on one arm and the Fleur Defendue on the other, and after the dry-down they were quite similar. Fleur was a bit weaker as time went by, and the base musk in it became virtually undetectable. Essentially it left a trace of soapy almond overlying a hint of the original L.L. fragrance. The original had a bit more staying power. On me, sillage is very subtle and the projection time is very brief. I like it fine---better than I would have predicted from the notes and most reviews---but the original Lolita is simply a better perfume. Same pretty little bottle, and I was happy to try it as a bargain bin buy, but probably will not purchase it again since the original is still around.

ekans
ekans

Beautiful flowers mixed with slight sour fruity hint, almost creamy scent. subtle, nice and classy one

susieqrj
susieqrj

I just bought mine yesterday. Since it is a flanker, the smell is pretty similar to the original Lolita Lempicka (premier parfum), but this version is softer, with a nice touch of powder.
I really love this one. While Premier Parfum is kinda heavy and loud, this one can be worn with no restrictions.

kkk
kkk

For me it's a big NO. on my skin there is nothing else but anise(and again anise) and cherry liqueur smell in an alcoholic way..like a cough mixture for kids with floral notes... Maybe because my body chemistry don't suits well with it...sorry.

olga1780

I really like the scent, warm and a little bit sexy, but its sillage is so timid that I never used it since I bought it other than once around the house.
I will probably end up using it as gym perfume because it's very inoffensive, especially from a distance.

Another observation: the spray on this bottle is not of the best kind, it doles out liquid rather in small squirts. So consider 2 squrts as you would normally 1 spray. That helps somewhat with sillage.
It did work out as a gym perfume for me. It makes you feel sexy and attractive without being imposing from feet away. I was getting pleasant whiffs of almonds and dark cherries for a couple of hours. But I doubt I will buy another bottle....better stick to the original Lolita. I generally stay away from flankers,because they are very repetitive of the originals in an inferior way, and with Lolita Lempicka that is exactly the case.

Soft, light, without much sillage, and sweet like the other Lempicka scents. but not overpoweringly so. My skin amps sweet notes,so I know of what I speak there. This is similar on my skin to Coral Flower, but without the beachy elements. Goes on fruity and dries quickly to a soft skin scent with a fantastic suggestion of rice face powder, which I adore. Lovely

jas07
jas07

the smell so soft.....a bit similar to powdery baby n it reminds me of my lil niece smell......;-)

nooory
nooory

I only got this because it reminds me of one my favorite scents; the Amande line by L'occiatane, which i've always said that I'd LOVE to bottle and wear, which makes Fluer Defendue exactly what i wanted. This almond note's clearly the most prominent scent to my nose, however when i first spray it, i get a whiff of the original LL perfume as well.
i love how this wears very close to the skin, i dont think that it could ever be harsh or loud, very work appropriate.

jrova
jrova

I've had the original version before. Although I loved it, it was quite heavy and too musky for me. And I LOVE musk. I dont know I guess something was kind of mssing? Either way, this one is like the perfect fit of the original. Lighter, softer, simpler. I smell lots of cherry in the ry down...which I have been noticing a trend in my liking of cherry notes that are either there or give off a cherry note one way or aother.
Very feminne.

Anup
Anup

I deleted my previous review as i felt it didn't do this one proper justice. Recently these little gems have been showing up left and right at my local grey market store leaving me with a "?" kind of feeling. One would think that a semi-niche company like LL would be in nordstoms/ neman marcas ONLY.

Last mothers day i bought a 3.4oz of this stuff for my step-mother, and she COMPLETELY loves it. For me personally, i get a highway pileup of almonds and cherry. Sort of combined in a way which suggests that they are blended well.
Annick Menardo is my all time favorite perfumer, and this is no exception to what i expect from her.

Sidetracking a bit, my good friend G.Perfumista told me that when something is executed so wildly, instead of being typical, it becomes the opposite. THAT is what i get from this fragrance. It is SO sweet, and SO girly that it comes off as being almost sophisticated and regal.

The top of this is weird, there is SOME kind of creamy green mixed in with cheerfull peony. Violet calms the composition, and obviously is there to balance the girly sweetness with a nice moist/floral accord. The drydown is consistant, and is made of a mixture of both almond and cherries. They're very well blended and compliment each other extremely well. imagine a cherry/vanilla milkshake with bits of almond floating within.

I approve

Smell: 10
Longevity: 10
Sillage: 10+

dame piglet
dame piglet

Revision: I decided to revisit this one today and I upgraded it to LOVE status. Maybe because it was a bit cooler today or maybe because I applied a bit more than when I just tried it, but it smells wonderful and lasted all day. I still don't really pick up almond, but the soft florals are just gorgeous. I've gotten compliments today, starting with "WOW! You smell so good! Can I just follow you around all day?" Like others have said, this is soft and not offensive. And I still stand by the "not gormand" statement, but now I LOVE, not just like this fragrance!
--- end of revision ---
I smell a little bit of every note in this, and I pick up a little bit of anise smell. (Maybe that's the almond, I don't know.) It doesn't smell like "wedding cake" almond, which is what I expected. It's a nice, light, springtime scent. This doesn't smell "gourmand" to me because I pick up more of the flowers.

I like it but I don't love it, because I really prefer a scent with more sandalwood in the drydown.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the top notes smell a whole lot like a grown-up version of Love's Baby Soft on me. But my chemistry is pretty odd.

I guess this works for young girls only. I didn't find the cherry scent genuine either like some reviewers and I found it to be just another variation of the original, which I wouldn't wear today anymore. I wore it in my 20s.

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

When I smell this it makes me want to sing "I want candy". Cherry flavored candy is my favorite, and thats what I notice the most from fleur defendue. I just have a couple of samples but I dont think I would buy the real thing. I think when I first smelled it I was relieved that it didnt have any licorice (although I understand that thats what sets the other LL fragrances apart) because I just cant stand that or patchouli. I think a fifteenyearold would love this. All in all, not a bad scent, just not for me. Reasonable sillage, but not great. Maybe 4 hours?

Im liking this a bit more, it becomes sweet musk at the end. If you like intimate fragrances, where you have to be close to smell anything, this is for you.

alebanfield
alebanfield

it's a nice perfum for young ladies, I guess that a gilf of 23 or more would not wear this scent. To me it smelled like apple, this is may be a combination of some notes but this is what i smelled.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Hate the top notes, love the dry down.

Monos
Monos

I love this perfume. I tested it in Duty Free in Paris on the way to South Africa. I sprayed a little on my wrist & the sleeve of my cardigan. I loved the smell. After two weeks I put the same cardi on and I could still smell it !!! ( I didn't wear it on holiday - it was too warm, in case you wonder. The cardigan I mean).

back at home I bought a 50ml bottle and it was a mistake - i should have gotten the 100ml one!!! ;-)

I love it. Creamy, green/sweet. Lasts for ages. Changes/developes on my skin through the day. It's magical. One of my fav fragrances ever.

sunnyshine
sunnyshine

I bought this little one in a bazaar for 15 euros the 50 mls (I say that because we tend to undermine what we don't pay much for).

But what a surprise it was!

Like...a cherry tree garden during a sprin morning...light but with great longevity...beautiful fragrance.

As for the bottle...my little bibelot.

amber832
amber832

First of all I think those who like the original Lolita Lempicka perfume will also like this because its a lighter version of it, especially the dry down is very similiar to the original Lolita perfume, I believe this one is more appropriate for spring...It's sweet & delicious and very feminine. Just as with the original one I've received many compliments with this as well. And the bottle is adorable :) Although I preffer purple :)

pshycogirl-81
pshycogirl-81

In between a Fairy forest..The forbidden flower blossoms for the privileged ones.

wearing this I feel like floating on a daydream!
I had LL first frag and loved it but it can be overpowering sometimes but with this,
The sweetness is so well managed that keeps close to the skin.
Incredibly feminine, mysterious and sensually intriguing. Indulges you and the ones you want to keep close to your presence.
Good for the day goergeous at night.
If your body chemistry and personality suits well with Fleur Defendue it will become a signature one.
...................................................
Dentro de un bosque de hadas... La flor prohibida florece para los privilegiados.

Usando esto, me siento flotar en un sueño lúcido!
Tuve la primera fragancia de LL y me encantó pero a veces puede ser demasiado fuerte; en este,
el dulzor está tan bien manejado que se mantiene cercano a tu piel.
Increiblemente femenino , misterioso y sensualmente intrigante. Te mima a ti y los que quieres tener cerca a tu presencia.
bueno en el Día, genial en la noche.
Si tu química corporal y tu personalidad concuerdan con Fleur Defendue, se volverá tu firma.

olga1780

I love the cherry and almond combination! Just like all Lolitas, a happy, warm and deep gourmand. But it is still a winter scent to me, just like the original.
My only complaint is it stays very close to the skin...most of the time i feel like I dont wear any perfume unless I sniff my wrist.

vlann
vlann

Definitely greener version of le premier.
Upon the first initial spray, all I can smell is cherry mixed with violet leaves (it's not sweet as you might think)
About an hour or so, it becomes a bit more similar to le premier. I can definitely smell the licorice and a gentle touch of almond in this phase.

I will add +1 for the beautiful sparkling yellow colored bottle, but when it comes to the juice, le premier still rings the bell.

bb3706
bb3706

I have mixed feelings about this scent. Overall i think i really like it but it has a couple of bad points. It smells very, very vanilla to me which can be overpowering after applying. It also gives me a headache but after an hour or so i love the way it settles down and i get whiffs of this lovely scent. Unfortunately, because of the headache problem i wouldn't buy it again.

jillian_stl
jillian_stl

I tried this one out at Perfumania and immediately had to have it. On my skin I get a sour cherry note and tons and tons of almond. I loved this scent on the tester strip and on my skin initially. However after purchasing my own bottle and trying it out at home, I found the sillage and lasting power is really poor on me. This is a lovely scent if you have the right body chemistry. Unfortunately it doesn't last long or project well on my skin.

Ettex
Ettex

It's airy with a fresh sting of anise, soft flowers and a little sharp green cherry akin to lemonade.

imoore

did not feel like reaching for this perfume in the winter, but since it is above 20 degrees out it is back for a day to day job in my wardrobe, and suggest it to other mature fruity perfume preferers to try

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

The first spray is very reminiscent of the original with all those beautiful violets and licorice. I almost fell in love with it for that reason.

Then, it turned powdery and green with underipe cherries. It's not terrible, but I am not enjoying it as much as in the beginning. As it dries down, it continues to soften with a light, floral musk. I hardly detect any almonds... I wish I did.

I want to LOVE this, but I can't make up my mind. It's light & airy enough for Spring & Summer. A less dramatic version of the orginal I love, too. But I feel like it's missing something and I can't figure out what, or even why I think that.

I do have my receipt and can take it back to Marshall's if I choose. Maybe I'll give it another spray tonight and try to make up my mind while watching the Jersey Shore! LOL

icekat
icekat

FLEUR DEFENDUE is an exotic, unique and voluptuous scent. It successfully mixes the sweet gourmand floral notes with the green, fresh and aromatic. This marriage of notes and styles produces beautiful and vibrant fragrance, which reminds me of a fairy tale vacation on a remote tropical island. I am thinking about exotic waterfalls, lush greens and fragrant flowers plus lots of fun and partying when I wear this scent. This fragrance is definitely compelling, interesting, sensual and chic.

It starts aromatic and floral at the same time. There are licorice and light herbal notes mixed with the fresh floral scent in the top notes. The floral heart is mostly peony but there is also something aromatic like licorice or anise in the heart notes. In the dry down I smell the gorgeous black cherries spiced up by the almond scent.

FLEUR DEFENDUE is slightly lighter and more floral than the original Lolita, so naturally it fits better for the spring and summer time. The sillage and longevity are medium. I definitely recommend it if you are looking for slightly aromatic and green gourmand scent.

(This review is for EDP) Here are the notes:
Top notes: Absinthe Flower - Strawberry Leaf - Mimosa Stem
Heart notes: Peony -Violet - Aniseed Flower
Base notes: Almond Musk - Morello Cherry Musk.

krissycat
krissycat

I like this one. This is a softer, flowery version of the original Lolita Lempicka. I find this much more subtle and a little bit sweet. I would wear Lolita Lempicka if I want to wear a heavier, headier scent but I could picture wearing Fleur Defendue on a spring day when I feel like wearing something lighter.

imellie
imellie

Don't really know why, it smells like liquorice and surely that's not what I'm expecting from a floral perfume...

distortech
distortech

Another highly addictive, sensual, and, yet somehow, demure creation of the wonderful Annick Menardo. The dark cherry note coupled with pink peonies on top of a bed of sugar sweetened almonds is rather intriguing. Admittedly, the fragrance is very strong at first, but, used moderately, it becomes more of a skin scent with an attitude as it dries down - lightly sweet, yet dark and inviting. Well worth having!

Wynter
Wynter

I found the anise in the regular Lolita a bit too strong for my liking, but I really like Fleur. It smells like sweet, powdery cherries and almonds. It is quite potent, so one spray will suffice and the silage is very good. It's lovely for spring.

ananda
ananda

This is the greenest of all Lolitas so far. Fleur Défendue really captures the idea of an opulent spring garden. Opens green and tart, like torn leaves and stems of a flower, with a piquant sensation that some people described here as an alcoholic scent. Even though I don't really know how does Absynthe or Vodka smell, I think the description fits perfectly, it's indeed an alcoholic/herbal splash.

After a couple of minutes, the cherry will appear and become the star of this composition. It's sirupy but not too sweet, and certainly the right choice in terms of fruits, not to turn the fragrance into a fruity cocktail. Actually, Fleur Défendue doesn't really smell fruity, it's quite floral and keeps that green, piquant feel during a nice amount of time. Thanks to the cherry, that blends well with the herbal tones, and allows the flowers to speak up elegantly.

Flowers play important parts in this fragrance, granting sophistication and femininity. As the fragrance evolves, it turns more and more powdery, but always in a delicate, polite way.

It's certainly a great spring (or maybe even summer) fragrance, with a bright, light, elegant and fun character. Also an amazing choice for anyone who loves cherry or powdery notes. For me it's one more magical scent by Lolita Lempicka, that I'll be glad to wear on weekends, for long strolls in the park...

Migotka
Migotka

Im quite (un)lucky in respect that to whichever perfume shop I go, either Fleur Defendue's bottle or the original LL tester's spray are broken, therefore I cannever test the two at the same time. If I even manage to test them at the same time, I might be able to compare, and since it has been a whle since I last tried LL, I can't really say how this one relates to it. But now I'll get to the point- I find it gorgeous.

On my, Fleur Defendue turns into fantastic, cherry-peony. The cherries are dark and coated into think, delicious almond syrup. There is a certain powdery quality to it, but it does not translate into cathegories of dustiness. It's more like a sprinkle of castor sugar. And, as I mentioned, peony. Again, quite a mature, think, darker scent. A peony found in a garden at midnight.

It is not as 'dark' as the original, from what I can recall. But I'd never go as far as to say it's actually a light scent, because it is not. Once upon a time I tasted a dessert that was quite similar to it- sweet, creamy, with dominant fruit note. FleurDefendue very much reminds me of the richness of that experience.

vtothek
vtothek

This scent is trying much to hard to be sweet and girly. Imagine the first Lolita Lempicka, then take out the anise and strong violet middle, and add cherries. That's Fleur Defendue. It sounds good, but in reality it's just mediocre. Where the first LL is gourmand it's still unique, this one smells like a generic sweet body spray. There's no wow to it. Everyone I asked said the scent was "Meh," but inoffensive. Though I love LL perfumes, I had to pass on this one.

lilou
lilou

I am an absolute fan of Lolita Lempicka Le 1er Parfum. So I liked Fleur Défendue which is a lighter version. Doesn't last a lot but the first notes are delicious.

Blonde Gypsy
Blonde Gypsy

The soft powdery wind blown of the original Lolita Lempicka. After being mesmerized by the original, I ran to grab this set also. The notes are not as sharp but blend together smoothly. I discovered this scent soothes my soul. I have worn it on day that I would have much to do and it keeps me quiet inside. The cherry note is mellow on my skin and is more of a violet musk. It reminds me of lying in a flower garden with my daughter... imagining we hear the tinkle of a fairy's laughter...

kimberly
kimberly

This scent starts out a bit sharp, but will smooth out after a while to a soft powdery scent. Don't have high expectations on the first whiff. But ends up nicely.

This is by far my least favorite LL fragrance. It's too tart for my taste. I was hoping for sweet, creamy cherries and almonds. Instead this is sour cherries and almonds. Kind of a weird combination. I also don't like the powdery note mixed in.

TankGirl
TankGirl

Fleur Defendue is going to be my summer fragrance. I like it a lot.
Its very fresh, very young, very easy to like and wear. Its somewhat powdery and sharp at the same time.
The beggining is really sharp with no resemblances with the original Lolita Lempicka, very aquatic, a foutain of violets, peonys and fresh sweet water. After a little while this sharpness calms down to a growing powdery cherry cake, really creamy, the almonds are really a smart choice to combine with the cherrys.
When the scent settles its definatly a Lolita Lempicka perfume and now it has lots of resemblences with the first one that is somewhat the holy grail of this french house.
A perfect scent for spring and summer, sweet, fresh, feminine, somewhat unique and very very romantic.

Sillage: Average
Lasting Power: Last all day on my skin

alicektn
alicektn

The top notes smell like the classic lolita lempicka without the much anise. Later it gets sweet and creamy. Nuts and cherries are very promiment, a little bit powdered by violets. Easier to wear than its' older sister, as it is not that spicy and loud! The only thing I don't like on it is the cheap material and the colour of the sprayer, but it is just a detail!

NandaC
NandaC

This fragrance is light, refreshing and sweet. I love it! The cherry is softened by a bit of powdery, to me it's even better than the original Lolita.

Lolita Lempicka FLEUR DEFENDUE smells initially to my nose as though it has licorice or anise in it, somewhat similar to the original LL. However, shortly thereafter a strong, juicy dark red cherry note emerges and dominates the composition, overshadowing the flowers--and everything else.

I am very picky about fruit notes, but I'm happy to be able to report that, on my skin, the cherry in this creation is true to nature and does not degrade ever, it merely fades slowly away. The longevity of FLEUR DEFENDUE is great, by the way. So I can definitely recommend this perfume to anyone looking specifically for a gourmand cherry fragrance. Ripe, juicy, stain-your-hands-red cherries! Yum!

saprophilous
saprophilous

at times I really feel like this perfume smells like a good chardonnay. Smelling it directly, the cherry and almond mix may be a bit overbearing and sweet, however, I find after letting it air itself out it has an uplifting and feminine scent.. perhaps something for the spring on a windy day. Youthful and a bit naive... reminds me of wearing your heart on your sleeve.

nichick390
nichick390

Another scent I got as a birthday gift I like it alot next to the first fraggrance coffe helps clean your nose so you can pick up scents better so the first time you smell it it may smell different than the 2nd time after you sniff coffe to better your sense of smell. It smells like almond and licorice I cna't pick up the cherry hints cuz it's cold in my room

scentcurious
scentcurious

at first spray something in it reminds me of cough syrup, develops into something better thank God! Got it from my sis inlaw who said it was old smelling. My OH loves it though, says it turns him on. lol

TanjaS
TanjaS

I was afraid this one would turn too powdery on me (after reading the reviews here) as I'm not a fan of powdery fragrances at all. Luckily I can only detect some powder right after spraying it on. I can't say it resembles cough syrup either. What I get is pleasant almond and cherry which are prominent the whole time with musk appearing in the drydown. The drydown reminds me a lot of the original LL, only less sweet and with no liquorice or anis lingering in the background. Fleur Defendue is quite calm, especially compared to the original LL. It's perfect for everyday use. The staying power is good, but nothing compared to the original (or LL EDT and L).

I must say I'm pleased with Fleur Defendue, and will recommend it to those who find the original too heavy (because of the liquorice and anis). The original LL is still my favorite though.

silvia86
silvia86

The first impression of this perfume was quite strong, flowery and musky. I`d say it`s very feminine. But after a while you can definitely feel the cherry, I didn`t notice the almond, though. For those who are looking for a young, feminine, cherry-scented perfume, Fleur Defendue is perfect!

elusivek
elusivek

I am disappointed that I don't get the cherry or almond. I have Luctor et Emergo and thought perhaps this might be in the same vein but alas, no.

When I first sprayed it, it didn't really make an impression on me. Slightly sweet w just a little spice then I forgot all about it until later.

Later on I was sitting there and could smell this awful powder & ??? I don't even know how to describe it. It could be the musk, violet or combination but whatever it is, is extremely unpleasant. On an up note, for those who like it, it has killer sillage and longevity.

In the drydown this actually made me sneeze, gave me a headache and made me nauseous! From a single small spray!!

It's appropriately named Forbidden flower, it's forbidden from ever being on my skin again!

Flowercat
Flowercat

For all my grown-up "girly girl" sisters: this is a must-have. First, the bottle is absolutely adorable and charming. Second, the scent is a softly sweet concoction, not adolescent, just purely feminine. I don't pick up much cherry, for which I'm thankful--as much as I wanted to love the popular cherry fragrances of the past few years, I never found one that didn't end up chemical-smelling. As I sniff now, I detect a powdery/soapy sweetness, with almost a faint apple or pear...maybe be even banana? or unknown floral note thrown in. It's a delightful sweet-spice blend. Found this treasure at a discount store and after wearing it as I shopped, grabbed a bottle. It just gets better as time passes. Can't wait to see if there's any response from people around me on this one...it's so soft, it might just "read" as a pretty shampoo or soap scent lingering. Will report back with any interesting responses!

guest_debob
guest_debob

I bought this by mistake. I thought I was getting the original. Oh well.
It does smell a bit like cherries, kind of reminds me of Bath and Body's Cherry perfumes. I like cherries, so I really have no complaints. It was only $15.00 at TJ Maxx anyway. Does not smell like cough medicine to me, just sweet musky cherries. I do wish it smelled a little stronger though. I don't know yet, how long it will last. I'm hoping longer than two hours.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

This smells very much like cherries and almonds to me. It could be too much for some and smell like cherry cough syrup. I liked it and it was a fun perfume. I'm not sure why it's a forbidden flower, it's fruity. When a woman gets past a certain age , you feel funny wearing a perfume that smells like cherries.

enigma_33
enigma_33

I canot smell licorie like in original, this is much much better, fruitier, more feminine, more delicate. First one was too strong and hard, this is just perfect! Maybe I will buy this, I want to test a bit more.

adele l
adele l

First time i tried this i really didn't like it- second time well it's definitely not bad-how strange! It is recognizably a lolita with its fruity licorice note but it is much more powdery than other LLs. The cherry is fairly subtle, the peony undetectable. It may yet grow on me but i suggest testing it first b/c these fragrances are strange birds!

Fragaria
Fragaria

Oh my gosh I love it! I bought it with never having tried it because I love all I have tried from Lolita Lempicka and without a doubt it's dreamy. It's such a clean scent you almost can assume anyone wearing this has crinkly old prune fingers from too long of a soaking! If I get one that isn't scrumptious to my nose I'll still be happy because of the cute bottles. I'm out for bottles now! These make me feel so girly. I love being a woman, this is SO fun! Oh and the sprays on these will get you EVERY time! haha!!! Talk about personality! They make me giggle everytime I squirt myself in the wrong place trying to find out exactly where it's gonna come out, TOO fun!

trax
trax

This one to my nose smells as if you took one part Lolita Lempicka (preferably the midnight fragrance) and mixed it with to parts Yves Rocher Pur Desir de Mimosa, then there you have it! Even if this does not make sense by the notes. The fresh powderiness of PDd Mimosa mixes with the depth of the Midnight Fragrance to make one truly beautiful perfume. Not longlasting though.
Both Lolita and Pur Desir de Mimosa are creations by Annick Menardo and if you like these two I can't see you going wrong with this one.

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

Ok, I'm not the gourman kind of scentaholic but since I got a sample of this one I gave it a try...

On the first spray this seemed to be some kind of babypowder for grown up girls scent, sweet, a hint of freshness and powder notes. I was very suprised and immediately sprayed on more, cause hey this was nice.

I should have known better of course...

Some minutes later the flowery top notes that added the freshness faded away and the sweeter base notes made a grand entrance: sticky sweet cherry and almond on a musk base. Wow, sweet indeed, cause on my skin everthing sweet is more potent than on the usual skin chemistry.

So I utterly regretted spraying on more of it, wrapped up in those cherry almond clouds.

It's a scent for girly girls, I mean really very girly girly girls and definately not for me.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

I love Lolita's fragrances except for Coral Flower and Si Lolita. (CF i didn't like, SL I haven't tried yet.) I'm not into cherry scents (as a matter of fact I hate them on general principle.) So now I've learned a good lesson: Never say never. I didn't think I'd ever like a cherry scented perfume but I do this one. Creamy cherry and almonds (sweet - not bitter), vanilla (not listed in the notes but I swear I'm smelling it), and sugary goodness. Test it out first to ensure chemistry, but don't shy away from trying it just from looking at the notes. Oh, and if anyone knows of any cherry scents like this one, please do let me know. I'm a transformed individual after my encounter with Fleur Defendeu! lol ;)

It is very difficult to resist going ahead and purchasing a bottle like this based upon the design rather than the scent itself. Lolita Lempicka has a way of transporting me to fairy-land by simply holding these exquisite bottles in the palm of my hand.

Fleur Defendue, as translated in english to Forbidden Flower, is a not so distant sister of the original Lolita Lempicka. While this fragrance is not so gourmand in the sense that Lolita Lempicka EDP was, the additives of cherry, absinthe and almond create a scent that is more rich than foody.

Opening with a very distinctive lotion smell, Fleur Defendue has only a suble hint of cherry and peony. It tends to be a rather clean scent, like something you'd imagine wearing in the warmer months or straight after a shower.

It takes quite a while for this fragrance to develop further, however when it does, the cherry becomes much more prominent and the almond makes an interesting entrance. The heart takes on a powdery-like quality that is very different from the lotion smell we were introduced to before-hand.

While I was not overly impressed by Fleur Defendue the first time I wore it, I found that it has a tendency to grow on you, and by the end of my sample, I was seriously considering buying myself a full bottle.

Fleur Defendue sits in the middle of being generic and unique. It is neither one, yet it would probably have many people asking what it is you're wearing. The lasting power is so-so. It's wearing relatively well six hours after application, however from there on it tends to soften considerably.

I was content with my sample of this, however I don't seem to be missing it so much now that it's all gone. The bottle design is the only thing that warrants a purchase for me.

imoore

I bought it in a discount shop. Initially went there to buy Jungle elephant Kenzo, but the packaging was not intact, so I had a choice
Just walking out of the door without a new scent, or getting something to cheer me up?!
You guessed well, I ended up with this fragrance I thought alright it is summer 30+ degrees outside, vanilla base is out of the question, so how about a tutty-frutty lightweight perfume.
S I was stuck with two choices:
Lolita Lempicka in green box 60 ml
Lolita Lempicka in purple box 30 ml
So I purchased the small one for 25 usd.
It is yummie-yummie and makes the hot days easier to handle.

daisywest
daisywest

I tested at the store in the shope today, I love it!!! It is so sweet and spicy, it last about 6hrson me,I MUST have it!!!

arb368
arb368

Forbidden Flower is a delicate floral fragrance. I get an initial note of licorice, which quickly dissipates to a light, somewhat green, almost soapy floral scent. It’s a good pick for warmer weather, pleasant in its simplicity and no loud notes to offend the senses. It is one of the few perfumes I own that doesn’t have a vanilla note in it…and I surprisingly like it anyway!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I cannot understand why is it compared to original Lolita Lempicka edp if there is hardly any resemblance between them both? To me, Fleur Defendue is a very distant cousin to LL, if there is any ''family relationship'' at all.
Fleur Defendue is a gentle, cheerful fragrance, somewhat creamy, less powerful than LL or Midnight, yet it is very feminine and good for everyday wear, either to office or a romantic walk down the beach at sunset.
In my opinion it is more of a floral green rather than gourmand fragrance, Cherries and almonds make it soft and snuggly, while strawberries leaves (oh yes, they have not been listed but the note is one of the original components) add a bit of green twist to it.
A hint of peony and violet petals make it a perfect spring-summer fragrance, they are not dominant, there is only a gentle echo somewhere in the background.
Overall, it is a great fragrance with a good staying power and noticeable silage.

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

God, I love Lolita lempicka. I love it, I love it, I love it.

I adore the cherry -, anise seed- and licorice-blend. Somehow smells like an absinth cocktail. It´s so unique.

This smells very similar to the "First Fragrance" but it has a lighter, greener top note which I also really love.
The name "Lolita Lempicka" promises something cute, but actually the perfumes aren´t cute at all, they are delicous and very sexy, almost dangerously sexy.

My boyfriend loves the scents... ;-)

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

creamy, sweet and easy to wear but Forbidden Flower isn't going to blow anyone away. i don't notice the cherry or any other note standing alone. it feels more like the base of a fragrance than a finished scent, and the name does not fit at all. i do not think that i will try anymore of the Lolita Lempicka line of flankers.

Alinaishere
Alinaishere

i will be wearing this one all spring/summer! its so nice it smells like cherry with a teeny hint of licorice.
so sweet and different.
inspired by absinthe, i feel like the green fairy lol

tigerlily0686
tigerlily0686

Every Lolita scent smells better than the next! I thought that was impossible! This is so sweet and smells absolutely beautiful on my skin!!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I also get lilacs in this one, but cherry absolutely dominates. a great find for cherry-lovers! The dry-down was somewhat powdery, almonds added sweetness, but it wasn't overly sweet. Nothing syrupy, medicinal or alcoholic on me. I like it)

LenaBel
LenaBel

Don't have much to add - in the beginning strong cherry note is present mixed with something alcoholic-herbal, for some reason I think of Absynthe. After about an hour cherry settles down and the scent becomes more and more similar to original LL and then the slightly bitter almond is more prominent.
I found it a bit unusual, will have to test more!

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

So much like the original...but with a slight twist...because at first it smells exactly like it but as the day goes on it changes...but it does fade through out the day...so I think I'll use this during the spring and summer.

rainydays
rainydays

I bought this blindly, hoping it would be a good choice because although I didn't dislike the original, it was a tad too sweet. I can't say I've made up my mind yet. It starts off WAY too strong, but softened after awhile. I do detect the cherry in it, but it's not too much. It's mainly floral on me with a bitter twist -- definitely the almond, which I usually don't like, but am tolerating in this. After awhile I'll either end of loving this or hating it. As of now, I'm not in love. (but, as with all the other LL frags, the bottle is so pretty!)

edit: I've tried it a few more times, and each time I have to wash it off a little bit sooner. This just isn't for me... I gave it to somebody else.

krishka

It does smells like lilac to me too...i like that it is just the dry down smells like hand cream...

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

For some reason, the peony + violet top notes in combination smell like lilac flowers to me. Those notes were really pretty and feminine, and they lasted for nearly an hour.

But sadly, I didn't enjoy the dry down of Fleur Defendue- I don't smell any cherry, but rather I only detect a powdery, slightly bitter almond.

It's a very pretty floral perfume, but I'm afraid it wasn't right for me or my chemistry. I've returned the bottle--that gorgeous, ornate little golden apple--already.

Of Lolita Lempicka's fragrances, I much prefer L de Lolita Lempicka to this one, and I hope to soon try Fleur de Corail.

belletresor
belletresor

I cannot add anything new to most of these reviews...they are right on. Strong cherry overall, and a slightly alcoholic/herbal twist in there too. Does seem to have a powdery drydown which keeps it from being in my favorites list. Kind of wimps out toward the end. Overall, a "soft" kind of fragrance, not too over-the-top. I found it to be cute & unusual, which definitely appealed to me, and I would classify it as "playful", maybe a fragrance I would wear to change things up a little.

My only complaint: it doesn't last worth a darn. The first time I wore it, I actually spritzed it quite generously all over, and then "touched up" the pulse points on my inner arm, neck, and decollete. It was fading after the first hour....then totally gone with a few more. Disappointing. (Not that I want a fragrance which arrives before I do, but I WOULD like to catch a drift of it now and again through the day.)

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

it reminds me of the original Lempicka, whicj I love too, but unfortunatelly this one doesn't last on me...

mwater1
mwater1

After the train wreck that was Lolita Lempicka,I wasn't expecting to like Fleur Defendue, but the reviews of my fellow community members convinced me to give this one a chance. The beginning of this fragrance reminded me of cherry cough syrup to an extent, and surprisingly that wasn't a total waste.

It soon turned slightly powdery and soft though the cherry transformed to more of a cherry liquor type fragrance and I think a hint of strawberry. The heart notes were so subtle to be almost undetectable to me. The base drydown of almond, musk, and vanilla is one that I enjoy as well. Because of my enjoyment of this version, I will take a look at new Lempicka fragrances in the future, thanks to you all. I rate this 7 out of 10.

Mochagirl
Mochagirl

This was my wedding scent, but I grew tired of it later. Lately I've started to rediscover it, and I bought a big bottle. When I'm in the mood for sweet cherry-almond scents with a fairy forest twist, I spray it on enthusiastically. Is tend to like it more than the original Lolita Lempicka perfume in the purple bottle, because that one can sometimes be overwhelming with licorice and tobacco flower. This one is more amiable, IMO.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is very much like Lolita Lempicka, but with sour cherry. I like the original Lolita Lempicka and own a small bottle I receieved in a swap, but the only Lolita Lempicka scent that I feel very comfy wearing is Fleur de Corail. I have the cough syrup association going on here a little bit too. But thankfully, this is somehow not disgusting to me...

Perhaps the anise note anchors it, and there is a lightness to it, it isn't heavy enough to send me to shower to wash off the cough syrup-it smells a little more cherry sucker than that. I don't dislike it-it's just not my thing-I can't wear it.

beauty_girl

I just love this perfume!!!!! It smells sooooo gooooood on me =) So adorable =)

lucifera
lucifera

yuck! its like longlasting dishwater with some fruity notes added...disguisting sorry but thats not a good one from the lempicka company

Firewhite24
Firewhite24

I got a sample of Lolita Lempicka in the Forbidden Flower scent. I personally did not like it. It smells a bit strange. When I first smelled it I thought it was something like green tea. Now that I smell it again it smells a bit like a powder with a little hint of cherry and leaves. But it is up to the individual to decide whether they like a scent or not. So if you have not smelled it get your hands on a sample.

Ninja_Cath
Ninja_Cath

I had this one as a tester and I was sad when it was finish! If i remember correctly, there was a small smell that reminded my of lipstick...Still a nice light fruity-floral smell.

Zaleska
Zaleska

It's similar to the original LL, but weaker. The bottle is beautiful, but I collect scents, not bottles. So I can't buy this one. Sorry.

krishka

I like the opening of this one but after the dry down it just smells like a cream on me, not like a perfume...

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

Tried this one, finally!
The top notes were very faint and not particularly pleasant to my senses. They reminded me most of watered down candy. They started to develop then, and scared me even more, since some very disturbing shrill floral note came up. I am not sure whether it's peony or violet, it didn't smell like either one of them. On my skin it smelled like a synthetic flower from your nightmare -- a kind of flower that will suffocate you and then eat you up. That bad.

Then the cherry smell started to appear out of this madness.

And within an hour or even less the offending nightmare flower note was gone, and I was left with a very true cherry scent, and it gradually warmed up. Couple of hours after spraying the Forbidden Flower on my wrist, I smelled a delicate and tasty chocolate covered cherries (fresh cherries!) and almonds. I loved this so much, that I am seriously asking myself whether I could "smell the other way" so to speak for the first 30-40 minutes.

Lasted about 5 hours.

sublimedoll
sublimedoll

I SO agree with vwgirl and the others who mention the powdery cherry note...This scent is SUPER powdery on me, which I detest. Bummer because I love L and thought this would be another great bottle to add to my collection - glad I just got a tester first!

sharyssa
sharyssa

I went and bought a bigger 1.7 oz bottle of this,I started out with the 1 oz and it seems I am really craving this scent alot more.It has a sweet cherry scent overtop of the licorice smell which makes it more pleasant than the original Lolita Lempicka which is a strange takes some getting used to scent for me.I really like this one and I want to try others from Lolita's line of fragrances.Such pretty bottles!

guest_Beauty
guest_Beauty

This prefum just Amazing,i dont understend how people can say smell banana or melon they just probobly even not try, exemple Donna K green apple smell absolutly terribly dirty water and people like. This perfume Best from all lolita L!!!!!!!

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

OK, so I might be just a little bit in love with this scent - for once, a "buy untested" experiment that ended remarkably well! The combination of notes just seemed so odd and interesting, I had to try it. And it actually works! I like almond and violet together - like in My Queen - but had never before tried anything with cherry in it.
On me, the opening notes smell a lot like pear and honey melon, but more fruity than watery. From there it develops into a sweet, quirky cherry-violet combination with deep, almost woodsy, musky undertones. It's a little powdery, vaguely soapy before the cherry kicks in, and not as heavy as the original LL fragrances.
It's definitely an amusing scent; odd, funny and a little weird. I just hope people around me will like it, because I can see myself wearing this one a lot!

vwgirl123
vwgirl123

I just bought this and I am so sorry I did. The powdery cherry notes are vile and don't go away. It reminds me of something a 14 year old would wear with it sickly sweet notes but those soon fade to something I think a 70 year old would wear with it's powdery musk notes. The only good thing I can say about this is that it does last all day long.

sjanira
sjanira

I'm sorry but this is basically the same as the orig. Lolita. The difference? this doesn't last that long. Orig. Lolita is stronger and a better choice.

mahanta
mahanta

Oh, I love this fragrance! It has this prominent note of meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria), one of my favourite herbs - so soothing, smooth and sweet...I don't detect any cherries in here - how strange...neither I find much similarities with original LL. The drydown is great and lingers at least 5-6 hours. My No.1 in summer!

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

this perfume was really powdery
lightly sweet and then just a little twist at the end that makes it interesting and intriguing.
I think i would try it out a couple more times before i would buy it, im not in love but i think it is warm and lovely. And course it can only help that the bottle is so very cute! :) i would love to have this little apple bottle on my dresser! x

Eau de moi
Eau de moi

I tried this one at the same time as one of her sisters, the Coral Flower. I just wrote a review about the latter.

So, first notes for this one on me were quite disappointing. I read here the words "watery", "baby powder", notes like "melon", "vodka". All this might explain the bad beginning for me.

Then after a few minutes, this finally settled to a nice scent. Mmmm! I smelled absinthe mixed with violet. It is when I had my husband smelled both LL's on me and he chose this one as his favorite.

But, the experience wasn't over. I had to wait for the drydown. And then, I got a bit disappointed, another one with the original LL drydown sweet and powdery note that I cannot stand in LL's fragrances. But, surprise, not as strong as in Coral Flower. I was able to handle this one!

I have to say that the cherry and almond didn't seem as present as I read in the other reviews. I will give this one another chance by trying it alone and really enjoy the whole experience again.

dena2
dena2

I love this perfume.Is so French!It is sophisticated, fresh, suitable for summer.

Annie_D
Annie_D

I'm sorry this smells like cherry cough syrup, I could walk out and cover myself with something from the drugstore maybe Vicks? or Robitussin? I could dab a little of that on me and save a load of cash!

mmizy
mmizy

smells like a cross between baby powder and cherry bubble gum. Its a little too much for me. don't care for any of her fragrances

ramiske
ramiske

I love this scent, but I love all her fragrances. This seems like a lighter version of the original, with a cherry twist.

Trvevil
Trvevil

This is very extremely creamy fragrance. It smells like cream! I can feel peony, violet and cherry blend. But this too creamy thing ruins this for me. I think it has similarities with Lolita Lempicka, which I like better than this one. It's cute, but this 'cream' impression I'm not sure for it. Only note that interests me a lot is cherry. It's very delicious cherry here! Figured out that I like it.

Russian
Russian

The best LL fragrance i've smelled.It's better than the original,in my view.

itastica
itastica

Does anyone else get a "vodka" or hard liquor scent from this? I have talked to other people in the retail stores and they agree, but I haven't found any indication of this online.

Moszatka
Moszatka

This is the best Lolita perfume. So powdery with amazing cherry. I love it!
The original Lolita is sweeter and stronger.

maschin
maschin

it is very close to the original perfume, but lighter, not very vanillary but more musky..it lasts less than the original one, which i prefer..

F_A
F_A

Top notes are very "watery" - you can smell a compote of fruits, especially melon. Then as the time goes by, top notes disappear leaving the smell of traditional Lolita Lempicka EDP...Not too much exceptional, but the bottle is still nice:)

LaLoLa
LaLoLa

It's just a "greener" version of the original perfume. It's beautiful on my skin. The cherry is not too prominent.

coco76
coco76

i didn't get cherry bubblegum...to me it was more like when a doctor gives a kid amoxicillan in a liquid form, and instead of banana you get cherry. fake, yucky cherry. real cherries are delicious, but i avoid fake cherry taste at all costs....blech...even my little sister who likes LL fragrances will not like this one.

vertigo
vertigo

The only thing I could smell after spraying this on my skin was powdery cherry. A cherry bubblegum. I didn't enjoy it at all, while my man found it amusing.
To me, similar to all LL fragrances, which I don't like.

Fleur Defendue by Lolita Lempicka 3.84 out of 5 based on 977 ratings and 202 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lolita Lempicka Fleur Defendue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lolita Lempicka Fleur Defendue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleur Defendue by Lolita Lempicka. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleur Defendue by Lolita Lempicka represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.