Designers » L » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Lolita Lempicka for men

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Lolita Lempicka for men
dislike

I have it: 1480 I had it: 528 I want it: 642 My signature: 26

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Lolita Lempicka for men Pictures Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Lolita Lempicka for men Pictures Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Lolita Lempicka for men Pictures Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Lolita Lempicka for men Pictures Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Lolita Lempicka for men Pictures

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for men. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Annick Menardo. Top notes are violet, ivy, basil, anise, licorice and wormwood; middle notes are sandalwood, tonka bean, rum and almond; base notes are vanilla, vetiver, cedar, praline and labdanum.

Violet Ivy Basil Anise Licorice Wormwood

Body Kouros

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Fragrance Reviews

JAYMZDEEN
JAYMZDEEN

It's sweet.. To me not overly sweet. It does have the black licorice dominate note.. But even if you dont like black licorice.. Its ok... I dont really love the opening of this. Its a bit awkward. But the dry down ... Its so nice! Its not overly masculine.. yet more masculine than feminine. Can definitely be pulled off by either sex though. I like this one alot. Not love... But very much like. I need some more time with this maybe. Give me a month ... Maybe itll reach the love plateau :) .

Benighted
Benighted

Well, blind bought it on a whim, just because it was so cheap and I liked the notes in it. And what a beautiful fragrance it is, anise and liquorice in a sweet creamy bed of vanilla with some soft woods in the background. I suddenly got a craving for liquorice vanilla ice cream :D

I have a hard time stop sniffing my self all day when wearing this, and nice wafts of liquorice, vanilla and woods come at me from time to time. This is a great scent, and for the price you can find it, it's a steal, I almost feel bad to pay so little for this gem.

I have the reformulation with the gold cap, and I find the strength of the fragrance just right, I wouldn't want it any stronger, 3 sprays and I'm good for a whole day, now almost 12 hours later I still can feel it from an arm length away. Superb!

Has to be a solid 9/10, if I'd factor the price into the equation it would be a 10/10!

RAG1987
RAG1987

Managed to get a whole 100ml bottle of this in it's prereformulated form. Long lasting and beautiful smelling stuff. This is just with a back of hand and wrist spray. Washed my hands a few times and I can still smell it.

Has a thick strong, sweet and comforting smell. A bit like Bvlgari black but with an individual identity. Really like this.

the best ever

RobbieX

It's sweet, it's licorice, it's vanilla, it's potent, it's fresh and....it's...........bloody gorgeous! One of my favorite fragrances of all time. 9.5/10 for me!

Alotaku!
Alotaku!

I luckily managed to get the pre-formulated version which doesn't have the gold cap.

Although it does echo 'Le male' in some respects, it evolves into a wonderfully sweet creamy licorice type of a scent which is to die for!

There are still some sellers on ebay which are offering the pre formulated version (built in sprayer) for a similar price. I'd recommend you buy that version as it lasts over 10 hours and projects very well.

Without a doubt, the best gourmand scent you'll ever own.

PaulGaltier79
PaulGaltier79

Amazing Gourmand but longevity is poor, sillage moderate.

Hugo Montez
Hugo Montez

This one it's been a tricky one for me.
Sometimes i can't deal with the opening, sometimes i love it.
The opening reminds me of a deodorant.
I don't know if anyone can feel the same. But after an hour and a half the anise goes down and the vanilla comes to the top with the licorice to bring a "le male" vibe but more spicy and seductive.
I got great projection in the first 2-3 hours. Then it becomes more closer to the skin but not too much.
Longevity is very good too. 6-8 hours.

Longevity 8/10
Projection 8/10
Smell 8/10
Vrrsatillity 7/10 (I prefer using this on a cold night but you can put this on day too. Just dont use it in the high heat)
Overall 8/10

EDIT: This smells a lot like Bvlgari Black.The opening of Bvlgari Black has something that feels like Au masculin.

lemonzest
lemonzest

Soft and scratchy anise and vanilla wonderment. I enjoy reading all the comparisons to other men's fragrances, but they go beyond me since I don't know much about men's scents. What I do know is that Au Masculin plays on me like a sport version of Lolita Lempicka original. It opens with licorice and anise, and eventually dries down to a soapy smell like gold Dial and vanilla.
Big love. I may like this even more than LL for women. Any human being can wear this.
Cap color - golden. Bottle - translucent blue, and it came with the little paper listing its notes.

Update...I love this! It smells exactly like gold Dial soap on me, a fresh, beautiful, nostalgic and relaxing scent. S u p e r c l e a n.
I have not smelled this on a man. It's made for men, so my experience with this may not be typical.

shavenonthedarkside
shavenonthedarkside

Let's make it short. Starts of like le male then changes to a smooth creamy version of le male that does not have the aggressive aroma of le male. BUT not the same as le male. Dry down is totally different. Can be worn all year depending on situation and location.

no-fi
no-fi

This smells so delicious to me that I'm tempted to start nibbling at my wrists. Gourmand? More like the sweet, sweet smell of auto-cannibalism.

I first tried Au Masculin in its pre-reformulated form about seven years ago. I loved it instantly, but back then my then-girlfriend wore the women's Lolita, so I held off buying a bottle for fear of smelling too similar.

Fast-forward to 2016, and I've finally taken the plunge on a bottle for myself. It's reformulated, but smells exactly as I remember it - lots of soft vanilla, marzipan and aniseed. If the licorice scent was more pronounced in the original, then wow - it must have been explosive back in the day. Likewise longevity - if the reformulation doesn't last as long, the original must have been an absolute beast.

This is one of only a handful of 'softer' scents I have - my all-round favourite being Bleu de Chanel - and Au Masculin is definitely my favourite cold weather scent. Delightfully scrumptious - your tummy will rumble with jealousy when you wear this. Yum.

Asylumin
Asylumin

Sorry, but the reformulated one is a joke. Longevity and sillage are both weak. It's like the super cheap Cuba gold. Absolutely not an expensive feel like fragrance .

Molko

It's annoying enough that nowydays they're trading with watered perfumes. You like and get using a certain fragrance for years and booom, you buy a new bottle which is weaker than earlier (2012), such a shame...
I bought a new Au masculin tester (batch code-July 2015) because I ran out of it, the cap color is different-goldish and there is no paper with the notes on the bottle under the cap.
The juice itself is weaker, softer, lasting is slightly the same about 5-6 hours.

Celeria

My favorite cologne; sweet , playful , compliments magnet and so original !

It has a natural smell , it's a fabulous blend of 4 main notes ( praline , vanilla , almond and musk to my nose ) which make the scent really nice and enjoyable , ladies seems to love it so much... Imagine a mix between the drydown of Le Male and Body Kouros ? You get Au Masculin.

Huge longevity and sillage , I smell it 12 hours later , it's such a beast that i just spray my clothes and the scent lingers forever on them , it leaves such a nice bubble of scent for the whole day ...

Yisrael5
Yisrael5

TRADE OR BUY

I got a 3.4oz 60% full
Batch code is 2H079

It smells gorgeous but I kind of got tired of the smell because I used it a lot. But at some point it was my favorite!

No international shipping
I bought it from Target. If interested please e-mail me

If you want to be sure it is not fake check
--> c o s m e t i c c h e c k . n e t

(PS: the website has no spaces I had to space it out otherwise fragrantica would not let me add the website.)

libou

This is a masterpiece !!! Very underestimated. The opening is strong but the drydown it's fabulous, remind me a little bit YSL Body Kouros but LL au masculin is better. One of the best drydown!!! 9/10. I talk about old version without cap

wisconsinboy

Lolita, Rive Gauche, and Azzaro PH have the most distinct anise note in all of the fragrances I've smelled, Lolita being the most gourmand, Azzaro being the sweatiest, and Rive Gauche being the most classy. The extreme longevity of the anise note in Lolita is absolutely amazing. Lolita's anise, as well as Rive Gauche's, remind me of a licorice candy, "Snaps", that I used to be able to find at Walgreens.

libou

@ RobbieX: i'm sorry but the new version. Sillage and longevity are very very weak !!!

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

I had this five or six years ago, bottle shattered during a college move.

Rebought it January 2016. 1.7oz sells for under $20.

Long story short. I can't live without this fragrance. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is very special.

This is the darkest most Noirish night scent I know of that still remains sweet - this is the sweet scent for people who don't like sweet scents. And it does it without a musky/smokey vibe. The brilliant use of a licorice note (real or synthetic I don't care) and boosy rum qualities helps it smell powerful and unique.

If Tim Burton were to keep his actors in character on the set of a new movie - he would be spraying Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin all over the place.

Strong and long lasting, this is a love it or hate it fragance but if you keep an open mind about the licorice notes, it's a valuable addition to a diverse perfume collection.

Great responses from women and the newer formulations are blended so well I don't see it being offensive to anyone.

Buy it, own it love it!

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin = 9/10

jotalopez
jotalopez

I prefer the reformulation over the original Au Masculin as the new version is much more wearable and versatile. I remember when I first smelled it back in 2000 and I didn't like it at all due to the licorice-vanilla overdose. IMO Au Masculin reformulation is a masterpiece. This one is not as sweet and annoying as the original, since the licorice-vanilla combo has been toned down resulting in a delicious, almost edible gourmand scent. It also has a noticeable absinthe accord not mentioned in the composition. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is undoubtedly a longevity monster, on my skin it lasts up to 10 hours. Though I'm more into niche scents, I'm totally enthralled by this beauty.

Update: I've changed my mind. Although the reformulation is not bad at all and has decent longevity there is a huge difference between this and the original Au Masculin. First, the drydown in the reformulation is pretty similar to JPG Le Male (which I hate), so it could be a big disappointment for fans of the original version. Secondly, the original Au Masculin (for better or worse) used to be a WOW kind of fragrance, the new one lacks the wow-factor. In a nutshell, most of reformulations have failed (and will continue to do so) in their attempt to overcome the original creations. Hopefully Lolita Lempicka will bring back the original Au Masculin,

MYUSIF
MYUSIF

لوليتا لمبيكا او ماسكولين

ترددت كثيرا في الكتابة عن هذا العطر، ﻻدرى لماذا ؟ ربما لسويتيته المفرطة اللاذعة.ﻻ اعتقد ان هناك نوتة سويتية لم توضع فيه او تدخل في تكوينه. ، تحس معاه انك متعطر بعلبة شوكوﻻتة جواهر او كواليتى ستريت
مهندسة العطر هى السيدة العبقرية
Annick Ménardo
التى تحمل سيرة ذاتية عطرة ابتداءا من بووس بوتلد ، جايبور بورر اووم ومعظم عطور لوليتا ﻻمبيكا.في اعتقادى ان هذه السيدة متخصصة في تصميم عطور بلمسة فنية عالية ، ولديها انف خيالية واحساس مرهف، وهذا العطر من ضمن هذه الابتكارات.

نأتى لمكونات العطر ، فالعطر ذو مﻻمح شرقية تسيطر عليه نوتة الليكرش او العرقسوس (الذى يصنع منه المشروب المنعش) وكذلك نوتة الفانيليا المدخنة لوجود الفتيفر وصمغ اللابدانوم مع حلوى البرالين.مما اعطاه الطابع القورماندى السويتى البخورى.رغم هذا الطابع السويتى البحت الا انه يعتبر عطر مقبول واعتقد ان الكثير من السيدات يمكنهم استخدام هذا العطر وبسهولة تامة.العطر رجولى جدا ايضا ولكن من ناحية رومانسية بحتة.

عبقرية هذا العطر تكمن في انه جاوب على سؤال مهم كلكم تعرفونه ، السؤال التاريخى ، اخبار الثبات والفوحان ؟؟؟؟ سؤال يتكرر اكثر من السؤال عن حالة الطقس الملتهب .الفوحان: 6-8 ساعات. اما بالنسبة للثبات 10-12 ساعة.

مرحلة الدراى داون في العطر تعتبر من اجمل مراحل العطر.عطر جميل جدا مفعم بالحيوية والاحساس المرهف مثالى للاستخدام المسائي سواء شتاءا او صيفا ،كاجوال وﻻيصلح للمناسبات الرسمية.
الفئة العمرية: 15-30 سنة.

تحياتي

Lolita Lempika Au Masculin 2000

nightcutter
nightcutter

I tried this a few years ago and couldn't tolerate the loud anise and liquorice notes.
But I've recently bought a bottle of the current formulation which is much tamer. Those noisy top notes now fade quickly which, is almost a shame to some extent because it now dries down rapidly to a sweet vanilla and tonka-like base that is reminiscent of (but nicer than) Armani Code.
This is very nice but a bit more anise and liquorice would have been good. Lol, be careful what you wish for! This is a good scent but isn't quite as interesting as it could have been due to reformulation.

Ale
Ale

I'm completely agree with Smora.Unique and romantic. I'd like the licorice note last longer. Good!

smora
smora

Beautiful and really sweet work of Annick Menado. One the most romantic and softest male fragrances ever, although performances of first formulation are monstrous.
Strong licorice, anise, winter rum, Jaegermeisster liquer with pralines and vanilla in the base. Winter fairy tale.
Only for sweet gourmands lovers, and cold winters.
Original and romantic male fragrance and great bang for your buck.

Scentrack: Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy

Rating: romantic ****

Dark-X
Dark-X

Smells like Cola jelly (gummy).

Sweet, softly spicy, powdery, & slightly sharp.

Could easily be unisex.

Not utterly impressed but I don't hate it either.

Augiegus
Augiegus

I like this fragrance but am cautious with it. It is very strong and projects very well. I went to the gym with the scent still on my shirt from the previous day (needed a t shirt to work out in and it was handy). I really noticed the scent during cardio and it made me feel a little sick. It was more the sweetness of the scent than the anise qualities.

The next time I wore it was a cooler night. It worked very well that night and I found myself comforted by the anise scent. After a couple hours it seemed to be lessened and a powdery vanilla vibe came into effect. It became very cozy and comforting. It should work wonders come winter.

Planet_X
Planet_X

That's like Hobbit's Grasslands on me! First and foremost basil&anise, then wormwood and licorice and strong cedar with rum... What I can say...I have never imagined I will discover such a gem among male ones, its like smell inside English Cotswolds thatched-roof cottage.
Sugar and spice and all things nice thats what Lolita Lempicka Masculin is made of - metaphorically saying))

Escoteric
Escoteric

Funny I am always reminded by women who I have dated and relative to the perfume they liked on me. So I should have three bottles, however one wishes it was a perfume I had for every woman....I dream on. This has a liquorice note, sweet and woodsy. This is the fragrance an elderly women seem to go for, on a younger male. Ooops I think I've said enough. It is a lovely fragrance, I have the older original fragrance and one reads here it has been reformulated. Sometimes if the recipe works don't tamper!

wisconsinboy

The bottle is cheap; it's a cute idea, but not well executed. On the other hand, it smells fantastic. The first time I wore it, the dry down reminded me a lot of "Le Male". The femme version is fantastic as well, easily unisex.

RobbieX

Just got a new bottle. It's now got a pull off cap and not a "built in" spray. Still a gorgeous licorice, anise and vanilla oriental. In my opinion, a little nicer than Body Kouros. Fabulous long lasting juice with excellent silage.

heckoez
heckoez

LOVE IT ! aroma cowok yang sangat 'floral','spicy' dan 'sweet'. penyuka aroma maskulin yang kuat, mungkin tidak menyukainya. parfum ini jelas pada kelas yang berbeda, tidak untuk setiap cowok, apalagi yg sok tampil macho. aromanya kalem, elegan, simpatik...sayang, drydownnya sekedar manis sama seperti parfum2 lainnya.

dylan.kohout
dylan.kohout

Love this stuff! Reminds me of a sugared star anise dipped in vanilla. Great stuff! I love to wear this in the fall and spring when this mixes with the smells of the earth, it's just killer. Super cheap too which only makes this fragrance better! Get a bottle!

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I'm a girl who LOVES LL and all it's flankers! I'm obsessed with it. So.... due to the reviews of the Au Masculin... I tried a cheap $22 tester from ebay. I got the push down spray (no cap) so that is the original version I hope?
On cloth/paper.... it's just a very fresh, clean licorice scent. Def way too masculine/sharp for me. BUT... I will try it on my skin when I get home. My fiance will get it if I find it too manly for me. If it ends up creamier/sweeter on me, I'll give it a go, I want a vanilla, licorice, praline, strong scent, but this is very very fresh/sporty like mens shaving cream with licorice thrown in. No gourmand here so far.
On my skin, it's more pleasant/sweeter, but I gave it to my fiance, who said it's nice and "woody" :)
I may steal a spray or two to layer with the original LL, it made that one pop better. (I must have the Premier reformulation because my original LL is kinda weak.)

lance059
lance059

Unfortunately I have the reformulated version with the pull off cap. Its a nice scent but sillage is very poor for a frag that shouldnt with its note composition. Although it could be a scent that gives olfactory fatigue as I have gotten comments tho I felt it had gone. And it can be fairly noticed on your clothes the next day.

Im on the fence of whether to hunt down an original formulation or try a substitute like the Illusion Noires version or YSL Body Kouros. Tho Ive read that Body Kouros has also been reformulated down. Theyd both be blind buys if I choose to as Lolita Lempicka for men and Body Kouros arent carried in stores in my area.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Lucky for me that I have the old version. Performance is outstanding but it can be overbearing at times. Best used in fall/winter or cool spring days. With majority of the gourmand notes dominating it is quite surprise that the boozy notes appears the dry down giving it a nice masculine touch. Women should feel very comfortable wearing this as well.

xoxcrista
xoxcrista

2 Christmastimes ago, I purchased a fresh bottle for my dad. He loves it. The most prominent notes would be the anise and vanilla, it really smells like an English bookshop that happens to serve.... brandy? Its hard not to like this, boozey smells are usually gross and sour to my nose but this one is done quite right. Even my little brother has taken to wearing it.
Just the other day when I visited them, my dad walked up to me and commented "Hey, we LOVE that cologne you bought! This stuff" To which I replied "Yeah. Lolita Lempicka, it's French!" They use it quite often, almost gone now.
Definitely better for colder months. It's unique for a men's scent.

alice.livings
alice.livings

I found a bottle of this at a local market and took it home, ostensibly for my husband, but really for me. For a masculine it is quite a sweet gourmand, with the strong vanilla and musk notes supporting a powerful liquorice and aniseed duet. My husband was not a fan, preferring a more traditionally masculine scent, but I found it quite unusual and rather appealing.

ZELJO

A spring beast,perfect for not too hot spring days like today, smells lkie an orgy,with all the licor,sexy sexy sexy, a smells than awakes up the sexual desire

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

At a first sniff, Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka hangs precariously on the thin fence between a great fragrance and a tacky mess: luckily, for me it quickly and brilliantly manages to fall on the right side - so yes, that was to say it’s a really good fragrance. Among the very few solid gourmands for men, tightly connected to Yohji Homme and Rochas Man, completing this ideal sacred trio with a decidedly anisic-balsamic blend infused with a beautifully “azure”, playful, juvenile pastel mood – kind of cheesy, but fun. I always admire fragrance willing to play something different than usual masculine clichés, both scent-wise and marketing storytelling-wise and Au Masculin surely wins it. Besides aniseed and licorice, which is surely the bolder top accord, I also get a totally pleasant whiff of green fresh notes, perfectly enhancing the cheesy “sexually blurry fairy forest” theme of the advertising campaign (again, something this close to look completely pathetic, but instead it looks oddly intriguing to me). The smell is way more refined and masculine that it may seem from the packaging and the advertising; it’s sweet but also musky, mannered, even slightly smoky while smelling at the same time delightfully bright and graceful – a dry, dusty, “virile” kind of grace – and breezy. That’s it: aniseed, herbs, a subtle fougère bone-structure, with a beautiful and bold Oriental accord of tonka and woods slowly arising on the drydown, echoing other renowned resinous-powdery scents for men (a sweeter and breezier Body Kouros, like other reviewers noted; or also, a drier, brighter Jaipur Homme). I admit the quality isn’t really comparable to either Yohji or Rochas, though; the notes smell somehow flat and synthetic, but nothing overly annoying. I guess the budget wasn’t stellar, and Annick Menardo did a really great job with the materials here. I am really glad they picked such a talented nose for this fragrance – many others would have probably made a disgrace, while Au Masculin is on the contrary a really pleasant sweet scent with a (cleverly engineered) crisp and light sillage, a decent evolution and a decent persistence. Recommended.

7,5/10

Romain shk
Romain shk

when was this reformulated? i just got a bottle today for 25Euros 100ml but i dont know which version is it.
The code is 0p031. I sprayed it like twice on my wrist and to me it is exactly like Body Kouros on steroids.It is almost 3 hours and its now a skin scent.

But can some one guide me.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

I am not a licorice person and not that big into anise.
This just does not seem like a great masculine scent, sorta feminine and comes across more as a daily, uneventful type of wearer.

It's interesting, when I've been in a group of people and the subject of favorite treat or candy comes up they eventually come around to their least favorite treat. Licorice is usually number one, they mention the taste and smell of it, I'm right there with them, black licorice has a medicinal smell and taste to it.

This just does not come across as a "special events" or "make an impression" type of cologne for men.

Glad I only purchased a miniature.

timkal69
timkal69

Finally got my hands on this gem after procrastinating over getting it for some time now. Well, right from the start this fragrance bawls masculinity, it is certainly the epitome of macho, it's sweet and spicy in a very macho composition. It has certainly lived up to its hype I must say but I feel it is quite very similar to Le Male... it gives me that Le Male feel to say the least and I very much prefer this than Le Male.

UPDATE: The dry down is amazingly out of this world, it kind of reminds me of a richer more refine 212 Sexy... its certainly a keeper. I really love this fragrance.

petranfx

the new version is long lasting with no so good projection.more than a romatnick long lasting close to the skin scent.to sad if you are 198 years old and you want to go to the bars

vonMises
vonMises

Funny thing. The older reviews say this can become cloying. The newer reviewers tend to say it is too weak (in the later version). I have the newer version, which to me is just right.

An excellent composition.

Gutipon
Gutipon

I sample the gold cap version, the sillage is bad, longevity still good.
i really like i... LOVE IT!
Well balance sweetness with some mature evolution in the skin.

Please, buy the Old version, the new one is no bueno.

Moonlitknight
Moonlitknight

This, to my taste, is a watered down version of Le Male, not much to say really.Pour a bottle of Le Male in a pitcher, 3 bottles of alcohol and voila!! you have 4 bottles of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin!!

secamel
secamel

Not for men. I mean, for some men. For me it's just perfect. Maybe I enjoy nice smells and think stereotypes are stupid like most of the things we worry about. Wear it and maybe cry a little just to piss people off.

KIDKID
KIDKID

No me canso de repetir lo mismo, tu piel es única. Por eso la diversidad de opiniones.Lolita Lempicka una fragancia que genera amor/odio, también en la versión femenina. Dulce, el mas dulce de todos a mi criterio.De menor a mayor, no dice mucho al principio, pero cambia con las horas, en un par de horas se destaca el ron y haba tonka, anís al principio sin ser para nada invasivo.luego las notas se consolidan con las horas. Se destacan la vainilla y praliné, solo lo uso en invierno me dura mas de 12 horas, solo tres aplicaciones, dos en la parte del cuello una en el pecho, para mi suficiente. Si buscas algo muy, muy gourmet, no dudes en probarlo. Cuidado con la sobreaplicacion, puede resultar molesto. No es una fragancia lineal, evoluciona mucho, por eso recomiendo prudencia, al aplicar. Muy buena proyección y longevidad. Muy bueno!!!

amir68

I had the old version and reviewed it also. Very pleasant , seductive, masculin n cozy scent. I enjoyed it a lot especially in fall. It had a rich aroma, character and charisma and you could easily sense the quallity from the first spray. But now, yes it has been reformulated!!! The bottle with the gold cap looks very silly. The scent is poor and does not hold same gem. Longevity and projection is poor also. I´m sorry..not cool

Layton S
Layton S

To me this is like a black jelly bean version of JPG Le Male. It's not bad but I don't think it's that great either.

Freshguy_twan
Freshguy_twan

Dry down spells similar to Burberry Men on my skin. Great silliage and longevity 8+ hours. Overall very nice frag.... Cheapie also ☺

Shaheen
Shaheen

The smell of this one is easy to describe: Black licorice cookie. Actually, it's more complex than that. Imagine a licorice cookie with anise, vanilla, rum, praline, violet, and ivy. That's Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. A wonderful, delicious winter gourmand. Has a powdery vanillic base.

Dodgy
Dodgy

I had this quite some time ago andreally liked it, though I do tend to agree with other posters assertion that it is quite transient.

I recall it as a delicate, violet fragrnace, and quite feminine, which I was very happy with but which might leave some men non-plussed

richtea
richtea

Recently tried Lolita's Au Masculin and after some thought i'm afraid overall its not for me
The fragrance has a certain something that is different to many other mainstream edt's but i found the Anise and Licorice notes a little too astringent when first applied
There is a transformation after a while when the top notes fade off and a vanilla marshmallow effect is left
The Licorice and Anise are still faintly there though
The drydown wasnt as strong as i expected and despite the change to a softer sweeter finish the sillage and projection om myself where not very strong or long lasting
I think its a decent construction and very daring in the top notes but i would advise not to blind buy

libou

do not buy the version with the cap. this is crap. more than 50 spray on my skin and my clothes, the sillage is very very poor,close to skin. disappointed

jaybear
jaybear

The licorice blast in the top notes is huge, lovely licorice of smoky and herbal sort. After a while the licorice fades away and the smokiness starts to resemble burnt wood and rubber. There's always some sweetness and a good amount of spices in the background. In a few hours the vanilla-scented woody base comes forward. Sillage and longevity are good. All in all this reminds me of Bulgari Black in a way. It has to be the burnt rubber note, but Au Masculin has spices and sweetness where Black has flowery notes. A very, very good fragrance, indeed.

EDIT:
I just realised Black and Au Masculin are both composed by Annick Ménardo. Funny! She's a real smasher!

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

All I can say is this, heaven in a bottle. It's so smooth, sensual, sexy and dark. In a way it is like the women's but don't let that turn you away. The women's is semi masculine in itself. Like the women's it has that smoky, smoldering wood smell with licorice but the vanilla in this is more intense and theres a lot more spice. If you're a huge fan of Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier, Pi by Givenchy, or 1 Million by Paco Rabanne, this is a must have. I am so happy to have this as an addition to my collection.

starmerj
starmerj

This to my nose is actually very similar to the ladies Le Premier Parfum counterpart, but with less of the "candy-like" violet and a bit more woodiness.

Although this is marketed as the men's version, it's still very unisex.
As you would expect, this one does smell more masculine than Le Premier Parfum.

Just like the ladies, this is very sweet. It's mostly a liquorice, anise and vanilla fragrance.
Unlike the ladies, this gradually becomes a woody-vanilla scent.
I think it's the woody undertone that makes this one more masculine and separates it from it's female counterpart.

This fragrance lasts a long time (about eight to ten hours) and is quite strong in terms of projection.
Be careful not to spray too much of this, as it can become cloying very easily.

Please don't be put off by the fact that I've compared it so much to the ladies version, because this is not a feminine fragrance.
I've always thought that, if a fragrance house is going to release "his 'n' her's" fragrances, then those two fragrances should share very similar DNA.
I think that Lolita Lempicka have definitely done that with Le Premier Parfum and Au Masculin. They're very complimentary to each other.

Svezzy

I bought this years ago, I love the deodorant. The perfum with A-men is one of the most powerful I've ever tried, it last even showering.
I like it but sometimes is too much, be warned if you spray not to exagerate. lol

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Funny how unassuming that bottle is. I feel so silly because I've been on a quest to find my perfect absinthe scent and there it was in my perfume cabinet the entire time. I knew I loved this scent already, but I had no idea why and now that I can pick out the notes better, I realize that it's because of the anise and wormwood.

Ok, IDK if I'm lucky or unlucky but I did smell the original pre-reform version. I sampled it and then shopped for a few hours and couldn't remember where I sampled it. That entire day, all I did was obsessively smell my wrists and then I'd tear up trying to remember where that dang place was that I sampled it. By the time I remembered, I was too far away to go back and get it. Then, I finally got around to buying it online, but by that time, it was reformulated. No matter, it's still amazing. It was, as Nigel in Spinal Tap said, Level 11 in terms of vanilla and licorice before the reform, which would NOT have scared true gourmand fans away, but I can see how the general public must have run away in fear. The reform is a much tamer version, although still pretty loud for most.

Here are the notes from my little insert: Ivy, Anise, Absinth, Violet, Barley water, Rum, Cedar, Rockrose, Tonka Bean, and Vanilla.

It opens with a boozy rum on top of the licoriced violets that you already know from the original Lolita Lempicka for women. With that combination, it reads on my skin like a cherried tobacco rum with licorice. It's a cold rum, smoky and flowery, but at the same time, that gorgeous violet dances around like green fairy Absinthe is known for. The heart is when the ivy/absinthe and cedar come out but they are balanced by the vanilla, Tonka, and anise, the entire heart reads as heavy but intensely sweet, which is EXACTLY how the drink is! The dry down is cedar and vanilla, but honestly, by the time you get to the dry down, you're ready for another spritz.

This fragrance is the only one that has truly captured both the heart and soul of the experience of drinking absinthe, as well as the actual smell of it. It has all of the contrasts - heavy/light, boozy/airy, and anchored/free. This is an absolute love; top 5 favorite and my #1 holy grail Absinthe fragrance. I think more people would try it if it was marketed as unisex

Cyrule
Cyrule

The licorice opening is excellent, and paired with a realistic vanilla. After a few hours, the licorice dissipates and leaves with the vanilla with a little bit of burnt sugar. Not a bad scent at all, I was just a little disappointed that in the end, vanilla was what I was mostly left with. I mean, I like the smell of vanilla, but it is everywhere.
It's still a good scent, and if you're a fan of vanilla and licorice, there should be nothing to stop you from trying it.

toto453
toto453

Top and middle notes are really good ! I like very much the licory and anise so that fits well for me. BUT after 3 hours I only smell vanilla...

kanak
kanak

This review is for the current version of Au masculin with the detachable cap. Now reading the reviews of the vintage version (which I have not smelled)the impression I got was of a sweet gourmand with licorice, praline and vanilla, etc. Now in the current version upon spraying, I get a good blast of licorice and a strong violet and then it pretty much continues in a linear path, turning mostly into a boozy violet, which I am assuming is the rum, and vanilla with some leather even though it is not listed. In fact it smells very similar to the new Dior Fahrenheit Le Parfum which I had tested a couple of weeks back. I do not smell praline or tonka in any major way and I would not classify this as a gourmand. Maybe they changed the notes in the reformulation but it does not match the notes given above for sure. In my opinion, Au masculin in it's current version could well be a pretty, much cheaper Fahrenheit flanker, which for me is a good thing since I love Fahrenheit but might not be the case for you if you make a blind buy purely going by the notes listed above. I am curious now to get my hands on a vintage one. Any how, projection and sillage is pretty decent and longevity is a good 5 hours depending on sprays. I think it is Ideally more suited for colder weather but it seems to work well enough for summer nights as well with restrained spraying. Au Masculin is not what I was expecting but it is pretty good for what it is now. A nice violet and vanilla with licorice on top. I like it. 8/10

Edit :- Upon repeated wearings, I may have become anosmic to some of the notes because I mostly smell licorice now with some violet so if you are not a fan of licorice, might not be not much for you here. I like licorice as a note and I am waiting to try this in colder weather where I think it will probably shine better.

Edit 2 :- The licorice note when worn in hot weather smells a lot like coconut oil. If you live in south asia like I do, save this for the winter months unless you want coconut oil comments!! :-)

liav24
liav24

Tried that when i used to work at the Duty Free - the smell is very hard with the Anise and the licorice - didnt liked that at all.

smell like the Arak drink

richard.falk
richard.falk

This fragrance has the most convincing absinthe smell I've ever come across. It has the sweetness that reminds me of burnt sugar used in the traditional Czech absinthe ritual and liquorice candy. Despite the decadence associated with the boozy notes, this is actually a very cozy non-aggressive smell you want to wear when you feel like playing nice (while staying naughty on the inside).

Edit:

I've bought EDT and my opinion is a little chanced, that is ...
EDT has some notes more clear than in Tester:
more vetiver and less pralines and rum...
Moreover,
- sillage: is romantic (I do not want to use weak in Lolita Lempicka fragrances)
- longevity: is still outstanding (after swimming session, shower and 12h before, it is whispers on my skin; and is doing well)
I wanted to be stronger, close to JPG and TM.
Now I understand the pictures in the advertisement :))

24h after first puff,..and still lingering
on my skin with vanilla and licorice.

amazing - sillage
mind-boggling - longevity
astonishing - parfume

Sweet, tender, romantic, gentle, fragile, complicated masculine

wonderful... Ohh my.... i did't mention... Vintage formula !

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

A very nice men's fragrance! A boyfriend of mine used to wear this, and I really loved it. It's a slightly spicier version of the original Lolita Lempicka, with a hint of something leathery in the dry down. This version is juicier and sexier, and is an interesting interpretation of a violet scent for men. It reminds me of a magical forest in the rain. I could see this being worn on a woman, too.

Velvet_Touch
Velvet_Touch

I purchased this for my brother but decided to keep it for myself, with his consent. It is romantic, unique. I feel confident while wearing it. Now it is on sale on Strawberrynet, if anyone interested about it

Juliana6
Juliana6

After a long hesitation the Fragrantica members convinced me to order this. And now I'd like to thank you all! It is really what I've been looking for among the female perfumes but I couldn't find. It's definitely unisex, maybe a bit more feminine than masculine. All that inner strength and sensuality in this beautiful potion. Can't stop sniffing my wrist. All the most sensual, inviting and head turning ingredients in one bottle.
The opening is fresh, slightly green and sweet, like a warm summer evening breeze that's coming from the garden of Eden and bringing the memories about the original sin under an enchanted exotic tree. This makes you wonder and slowly liberates the senses and the mind. Then I really appreciate and enjoy that warm, gourmand mixture of almonds in rum (adult, sweet, slightly bitter) + a sophisticated leather which unchains all the fantasies (including all the naughty ones) and invites to realize them. And the base -intoxicating, dangerous, dark, deep unconsciousness. A never ending orgasm!
The scent of desire.

EdenH

after i bought the reformulated one,
i tested it today and and i'm kinda disappointed from the longevity and the sillage.
After only 2-3 hours it became a skin scent

but the scent itself is beautiful,
and it's now my favorite perfume.

Turtledove
Turtledove

This is delicious! Someone described it as tender and romantic, that's the perfect way to put it. It's sensitive rather than macho, totally snuggleable. It is pretty sweet, but it keeps out of girly territory IMO, I couldn't wear it myself.

As for how it smells, it has a touch of powdery vanilla on the surface, but beneath that there are the sweet spicy-herbal notes like anise and basil, warmed up just enough with something rounded and carmelized but not sugary. It's very smooth, and there's something in it that reminds me of the sweet herbal smell after it rains, which is probably the wild fennel we have here.

The sweetness is toned down by cool woody notes in the background, giving it some backbone, although it's still a soft/light kind of fragrance rather than assertive. It could be very cloying if overdone, but if it's used lightly, it's wonderful.

EdenH

bought this a few days ago
got the reformulated one (the one with the cap)
it has a good and unique scent
didn't tested its longevity and sillage

Zealous
Zealous

For me, this one is complex. I get a clean soapy-like scent, slightly feminine. Seems to have decent projection and excellent longevity. While I love the scent, I use it lightly and infrequently in the office as I am concerned it may be a bit much for it's projection and feminine characteristics. I do love it for it's uniqueness and as a result purchased L'Eau Au Masculin Midnight version, which I have yet to receive.

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

One of the most interesting fragrances ever, from bottle to smell! It was really a surprise for me, very delicious, strong, long lasting and soft at the same time. It think it will manage to stay good through the whole year, even in the summer :)

joao vila
joao vila

i bought this perfume today, and is a winner..i did like it very much i believe it will not work so good in the summer days...almost made me feel like the first time i bought Diesel Fuel for life...( my fav perfume ever)

nero77
nero77

Unique, playful, sexy, childish, and almost edible bitter-sweet!

One of the most interesting perfumes I've come across. This is like walking through a fairy tale storybook. Think Hansel & Gretel, think a Midsummer Night's Dream, think Peter Pan, even Tim Burton. The marketing matches this very well I think.

This is centred on Liquorice, it has that sweet, herbal smell, as the liquorice is joined with Ivy and Basil and Anise and violet leaf, then soaked in rum, drying down to a chocolate and vanilla praline-like, almost nutty type smell. This really is unlike anything I've come across (especially for a man)!

I find it sweet, but not in that creamy cloying gourmand kind of way. To me, it's quite dark. The liquorice is paired with rum and has a kind of herbal, almost borderline medicinal smell. To me it's the opposite of creamy, it's like dry liquorice and anise flavoured alcohol. But don't let that put you off, it's done in a very nice way with the nutty, praline-like drydown. It's quite addictive.

I can see a lot of women liking this one. It plays on the mentality that women like sweet smells on a man (read: an edible quality). I can see this being great for clubbing as it will really cut through the atmosphere and is unlike ANY other smell out there. Annick Menardo is known for taking risks with male fragrances, she's known for being different, and this one certainly is unique. She also did Body Kouros for Yves Saint-Laurent and Bvlgari Black. I would say that this fragrance is a more playful, flirting version of Body Kouros, the other being more seriously seductive, this gives off a romantic and almost childishly playful-type vibe.

With that in mind, I could probably see this on a younger crowd, it would work really well there, but it's dry enough to work even on an older guy who wants something really different and unique that he won't smell anywhere else. For application I think using less sprays would be preferable, as not everyone would like the sweet quality this has to offer, and mainly for only night time use in the summer, but can be used anytime during the cooler seasons, just never on a very warm or exceedingly hot day.

Lolita Lempicka au Masculin is completely unique for a male fragrance! It's playful, sweet, flirtatious, and unlike anything out there for men. It really does feel magical... In a word, enchanting!

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

UNISEX..dry down very similar to Le Male (better in my opinion).. top notes remind me of male verison of Hypnotic poison.. very soft sweet and spicy..smells just like a root beer float..yumm

YogaRose
YogaRose

Men, do not underestimate this fragrance. As a woman, this scent is so appealing. During wintertime especially. My husband smells so amazing in this that I want to kiss him all over due to it's edible notes. If you want to win someone's kiss, this is a good one.

PS. I enjoyed wearing this too

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

I was reading the reviews below me prior to making my own and decided I would be lazy because I don't think I could sum this juice up any better than Houdini4. I think you hit the nail on the head. Wonderfully long lasting juice and as Houdini4 states "if you don't like licorice then don't even think about getting this." Licorice and vanilla are really the only notes I smell in this and as others have stated it is quite linear. I place this bottle with my gourmands as it fits appropriately in that genre. For those who like to layer their scents I think this would work very well as a base and then adding some woodsy notes such as vetiver or cedar. I haven't tried that yet but plant to soon and will report back my findings. Overall a pretty good value for the money.

Funny thing that I like Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin more than any of Lolita's female fragrances! How is this possible? I don't know.
Au Masculin is very pleasant fragrance, deep, a bit woody, and I would say, little smoky. It reminds me also a forest smell in the morning, green and quite fresh, clean, like there was a brook just behind next tree.
Awesome fragrance.
I got miniature version of it and I know already that even if it is male fragrance, it is still my favourite of all Lolita Lempicka miniatures I have.

saurabhjodhani
saurabhjodhani

There is ample of vanilla, anise and, chocolate here. The fragrance opens with the boozy rum and vanilla note and then after 15-30 minutes the boozy effect fades away giving way to anise and chocolate which are to stay till the very end. Vanilla and chocolate notes here make this a superb fragrance for winters. I really like the rum note in the beginning. Occasionally, I layer this with SJ Unforgivable for that extra citrus twist in summers. Blends well with it believe me! This review is of the bottle with attached cap. There is nothing too manly about this fragrance, so even women should try this.

pentamethylenediamide
pentamethylenediamide

A sweet, warm, gourmand and intense scent in which the almond radiates and shines on the skin from the beginning to the end.
This is Andy Warhol meets Johnny Depp meets Chris Martin. This is playful, romantic, young and warm. It`s like salsa music in a flower garden.
It`s a lovely perfume for men - delicate, sweet but not sticky sweet, distinguished with warmth and coziness that you would wear in a cold autumn or winter day with your girl in the park. It lasts very well on the skin (5,6h on me) and it`s got a considerable sillage. I can smell delicate silky vanilla, a healthy body of yummy almond, anise long hair, a little bit of rum on the lips, sandalwood like soft music in the background perfected with a beautiful glass of licorice. I can take this anywhere with me and get compliments and people asking me what kind of perfume is this. You just got to wear this with your neck handkerchief and red suede shoes. Although it`s a pretty linear perfume i like it the way it is. It`s so delicious that i don`t want it to change into something else. It`s sweet but not nasty sweet, it doesn`t give that EWW reaction like you`d get from A-Men. This lady surely knows what a sweet scent for men should be like - let`s not forget Bvlgari Black and Boucheron Jaipur. The bottle - i don`t like this although it`s easy to handle but the chromatic is nice. Definately will buy this again.

Longevity : lvl Expert
Sillage: lvl Priest
Reactions from others: lvl The Beatles!
Yummyness: lvl God
Bottle: lvl McDonalds

Tommy_
Tommy_

I recently bought this,liquore and vanilla.I love it,its a beautyfull scent.Long lasting,projection is decent.A good purchase for a fair price.I recomend.

Critic
Critic

I find this odd. Liquorice.

I get a strong, raw vanilla that stays flat and makes this a little boring.

It's okay but I don't love it. Still, a stellar winter performer with great longevity and wonderful sillage.

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

Nice little 1.7 with the cap separated from the bottle so I'm guessing its the reformulated stuff. This fragrance LEAPS. It's amazing! Licorice/anise is dominating this juice with a background of soft powder. Something i can deal with, unlike Infusion D'Homme which makes me think i bathed in baby wipes... really emasculating. Definitely unisex verging towards female but some women like that on their men. Definitely get a sample. A very tamed sweet fragrance. Indeed refreshing to the nose, gives a positive vibrant aura to the wearer.

Prominent notes on the new formulation are Absinthe, Vanilla, Ivy, Basil, some woods, minute Vetiver. (Not too experienced, can't really distinguish the wood scents apart.) I get no rum, no tonka, no almond, no violet, no praline, no labdanum.

This fragrance is incredibly long lasting.... basically to a fault. I say to a fault because this fragrance is quite linear. It's good for a day but smelling it twice in a row is quite hard to bear. Less is way more then you'll ever need with this.

This was a straight forward one for me...found it cheaply online as I'd come across it numerous times on my fragrance discussions/adventures and decided to blind buy.
A brave decision and something I almost never do but I couldn't find samples or even anywhere that sold this near me.
I'm so glad I did though, it's wonderful, dark, complex, bitter, sweet composition is perfect. It's masculine, almost gourmand, soft but strong it's quite the conundrum.
Right out of the gate I got a slight minty wave that fades almost as instantly as it appears out of the bottle. Then comes a lovely, thick liquorice note (bare in mind if you don't like liquorice, there's no way you will like this fragrance!) and behind that a base of dense woodiness and vanilla and a little almond which softens the whole thing.
Speaking of almond! I categorized Au Masculin with another fragrance in my collection, Cerruti 1881 Black which is similar but a little sweeter and the almond is the dominant note.

petranfx

the new version with the new cup has been reformulated?

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The opening of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin is like a licorice bomb! For the first few minutes it's at the limit of being pungent. However, once the licorice calms down, something herbaceous almost minty, some violet, along with the booziness of rum and the creamy sweetness of praline and vanilla, seep out and mellow into a harmony.

Comparing to its feminine counterpart, the woody aspects are more pronounced and the powderiness is tamed down a bit. For the first two hours, with two sprays, the sillage is already pretty strong. After about 4 hours, it melds extremely well with the skin into a romantic and cozy skin scent. The longevity is also excellent for an EDT, for around 9 hours.

This is definitely a gourmand scent, but not that sweet comparing to some other scents in the same category. For those who find the feminine version too cute and too fairytale, Au Masculin can be a good option, too. I'd definitely recommend it. At the same time, I think you'll have to like licorice to appreciate it better.

amir68

Absolutely beautiful scent. Really perfectly balanced frag from top to drydown its really gorgeous. Sweet but not candy sweet, gourmond, seductive. Think black liquorish n black jelly or type of tobacco feel to it. Its getting a bit cold here in Sweden now so I worn it yesterday and I´m wearing it today and as always I´m happy n got lots of compliments. Its really Masculin scent as far as scent goes.
Overall smell 8 out of 10

hedward

I just shed a tear after reading that they had reformulated this. Im curious to try the new one... Hopefully they didn't ruin it.

[email protected]
peeck@charter.net

WOW, IN YOUR FACE this thing has teeth! When I smelled this THING, that I had sprayed onto my wrist it almost scared me! It was alive almost oozing down my arm... Once I regained my strength from shock... Thinking... This mad creation might just have something to consider. Oh my, a blast of Licorice/anise boozy white floral introduction fading slowly (very slowly) into a complex mixture of Rum infused nutty wood. This in my opinion is a dark Fragrance, something that crawled out of the bowels of an enchanted forest. You have to enjoy jelly beans! Yes the BLACK ones! Consider this thought... take melted black jelly beans mixed with vanilla extract from your microwave poring this over a pile of fresh Cedar shavings from a friendly lumber jack. You begin to stomp on it trying not to spill your Rum & Coke. Yes, I like this Fragrance but it is strong!.. Winter nights... YES!.. DO NOT BLIND BUY THIS... UNLESS YOU DREAM IN LICORICE! The woods in the dry down make it work... It may take a couple of uses to begin to enjoy this complex creature.

michl11
michl11

I also bought Lolita yesterday, and confirm that new bottle, cap. If they refolmuled they make mistake. But I must test fragnence. I did't know old version. So I'm very sad.

Answer Jamie1983:
Yes, they reformulated it. The original one is softer, smoother and fairy smell and longer lasting.
The reformulation has waaayyy more licorice without pralines and rum and leeeeessss basil, ivy and violet.
Such a shame for Lolita Lempicka they ruined a glorious parfume!

tujiang
tujiang

这是我表姐送我的,但我觉得太甜了,不太适合我。

iammyping
iammyping

I so badly wanted to like this, but it is simply not my kind of scent. Smelled on somebody else it was actually very nice, but when I smelled it on me- it was soooooooo sweeeeet it made me noxious. I loved the anaise in it, but had to give it away. Monstrous longetivity and sillage- no question about that. And the bottle is a real art.

muncierobson
muncierobson

Blind buy after reading many positive reviews - they gave an accurate description!

Well blended range of notes add depth and appear at different times.

A warm spicy scent perfect for snugglin up to in a cool autumn/winter evening. Never becomes cloying even with generous applications.

Initial spray is fresh green (ivy) and sweet (violet). Notes of absynth and liquorice stand out for me from the top notes followed by a powdery dry down with warm vanilla undertones.

I could still smell it over 12 hours later tho sillage was moderate so it's suitable for work too! Everyone enjoyed it!

It's unusual and masculine because the spices balance those sweet gourmand notes!

This will be my autumn 2013 'go to'!

Senzadite
Senzadite

I love this fragrance BUT it doesn´t last, at least on me.

Svezzy

The persistance of this perfume is simply amazing, even after the shower you can smell it.
Very strong but nice

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

I really want to try this one. I'm looking for a nice autumn/winter cologne.

BoriScorpio
BoriScorpio

This one will always be in my memories.I love how the bottle looks like something from a fantasy world.It smells sweet but in a good way.It's not for everyone,but a good choice if you like it and wear it.

hedward

Those people who say that LL Au Masculin has a poor longevity... I dont know what you are wearing because on my skin this beauty lasted over 3 days. It was basically just vanilla for the last two but it was there... for three damn days. Even both Angel and Joop! die in less than 24 hours!

Le male? Excuse me?

jivanshi
jivanshi

Total confusion. Drakecito gives it for longevity 2/10 and for sillage 1/10. Afterwards, along comes themattsky, with 12 hours longevity and ENORMOUS sillage. @drakecito: could it be that you have the Eau version, the one with shining cap? Is it authentic? Or has it been reformulated? @themattsky: can you please tell me when you bought it and when it was produced? I was going to order this online... now it's on the stand-by list, I already have enough crappy reformulations. Please, anybody know about the formula currently in production, is it ok?

themattsky
themattsky

This one is very long-lasting! Lasts for more than 12 hours! silage is ENORMOUS!

SkullPutraLand
SkullPutraLand

this fragrance is amazing and it lasts all day but i am disappointed cuz it dosen't project or leave scent trail and i am the only one who can smell it..i think this is kind of colognes that someone wear for himself to enjoy it.

drakecito
drakecito

Good stuff but sillage and longevity are ridiculous...
It smells like licorice, little more ....
I like so much the anis note in this but after the first few minutes is a little generic and boring.

Sillage: 1/10

UPDATE:
12 hours longevity and ENORMOUS sillage ????
There is no fragrance in the market that meets it (including Niche) and believe me, I've tried many....

Jim_Jones
Jim_Jones

I'm Sorry, but I'm gonna have to agree with Moloko.
This stuff has NO BANG and VERY POOR sillage,
The smell definitely grows on me (in a GOOD WAY) Whenever I wear it , however, I feel like it's not even there. Okay niche selection, but not worth all the OMG's it gets on here. There's my two cents.

Molko

I don't understand this big hype for this scent. Little bit sweet, unisex, doesn't enough hard, smells like vanilla and anis/licorice combo with 0 sillage and only 2 hours lasting. It's like the echo of Le Male with anise/liquor note, but Le male is so much stronger and lasts all day, like a bomb, this Au Masculin rests wanly in the foreground
update: I own this and I tested in 30 celsius warm and it was weak, I ddin't like it. Now it's 16 celsius and I feel much stronger but in power far away from Le male. I compared with le male cause the common style, deep sweet vanilla, but Lempicka has a strong anise note I know and I feel, but on my skin I feel something common...
update2: I start to like Au Masculin, suits better for colder weather, not over sweet this stuff for me, I feel fresh vanilla-anise also in winter. On me it's not a beast (le male is it), easy to wear, not offensive, moderate or skin scent with moderate longevity.

siauseque
siauseque

Lovely in so many ways...basil, anise, licorice, vanilla, violet come across strong on me. Alas for me it is too much of a good thing and I'm ready for a break before it wears off. This is a near miss for me personally but it is well worth investigating.

kosmoskukka:
Ok thanks :) I shall buy i whenever i can then :)

kosmoskukka

Beauty_Girl, yes it does. It smells delicious and is totally unisex scent. I have sampled it and love it. Eaven if in my favourites there are many ladish old school scents too. This is georgeous. Just go for it. You won`t regret.

beauty_girl

Does anyone know if this could smell good on a woman like myself? Does it smell masculine or feminine or unisex? I am 27 and love the original Lolita Lempicka so thats why i am asking.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

what on earth have I just put on my skin!!??...
LL Au Masculin is sweet and intense, but there's nothing pleasant about it. It has a strong and horrible nose-burning licorice & anise scent and I can barely go past that.

It gets sweeter over time, more gourmand, like vanilla-chocolate candy overdose which borders on nauseating. Certainly, not a feminine scent, it has got this bitter edge that great majority of male EDTs have.

I wouldn't recommend it, unless you are after heavy herbal-gourmand-bitter-sweet stuff.

grehn
grehn

this is a reallyreallyreallyreallyreally great scent!!, this was a blindbuy and i Think this is the second best smell ive ever tried, the best is lanvin avant garde and the drydown of them both smells VERY similar in my opinion!
really recommend this to both men and women, its kinda unisex in my opinion!

curvealert
curvealert

Another blind punt... oh well. I took a risk on this because of the reviews, many of which claimed that this is a unisex scent, and because I find the ladies' version a bit twee. If you're a woman who can pull this off, kudos to you, but the woody notes are a bit too much for me. I smell like Jägermeister.

Nice scent for an adventurous man with a sweet tooth, but I can't see myself wearing this anywhere.

Cire
Cire

Just got this yesterday and wore it upon handling it. What a great buy! Opens up quite strongly with licorice and a subtle vanilla leading into pure niceness throughout. Had a bath earlier and it's still broadcasting so, all in all, I'm looking forward to having more of this classic.

walstar10
walstar10

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

I just blind bought this for my husband because I LOVE the original for women and I read so many reviews here that people just go nuts for this.
Well, it arrived in the mail approximately 25 minutes ago and I have been wearing it for 24.5 minutes so of course this is review is quite premature lol. That said- yes this is gorgeous! I can only say what I'm smelling on me since I haven't been able to test it on him yet, but first spray was of course a BLAST of licorice (which I love!) and then it gave me that rum note pretty quickly. But now I'm smelling cedar cedar cedar! Ever gone camping in the thick forest and after it rains you get that clean woody forest smell that has almost a minty background to it? It fills your nose and lungs so deep it almost burns? Yup I'm getting that and STRONG! Almost chokingly strong. It is REALLY pretty but a bit too strong on me,and while I don't buy into that whole " this is a male scent, or this is for women" I think if it smells good on you, wear it! But I will say I find this to be VERY masculine. But again this is how it smells on me, and I'm beginning to think my skin was just not made for perfuming wearing as it likes to turn beautiful things into paper,dirt and dust like smells. Anyway! I'll update when I get this on him!

Edit to update: My husband actually loves this! Success! Coming from a guy who doesn't care about perfume or cologne at all his actual words were on the second day of wearing it "I gotta hand it to you, you did a good job picking this out". Biggest complement ever! LOL. On him it is so, so, so much more amazing- it's a lot softer on him and not a mega strong cedar bomb after a few hours. It lasts all day on him. It's kind of like a smoky licorice with a soft woodiness. So sexy and warm!

Sergio BH
Sergio BH

Congratulations Lolita, Lolita, LOLITA !!!

I love you Lolita!!!!

This fragrance is definitely delicious.

Perfectly balanced, vanilla, sandalwood, rum, praline, anise and tonka bean. FANTASTIC!!!

Great for going out at night. A very long lasting gourmand fragrance which is ideal for fall and winter.

Intense and innocent at the same time, it's perfect !!!
The scent is good, it's romantic and so sexy...

Definetly recommended!!

Smell: 9.9
Longevity: 9.5
Sillage: 8.9

cafe-cafe
cafe-cafe

just got it today for a very good price! love it!

RUDOLFO512

Oh Lolita, Lolita, Lolita how I love you! This fragrance is defenitely sweet and delicious. I love the anise and licorice with the vanilla dry down. It is perfect for summer and the office. The bottle is a work of art. Defenitely one of my favorite scents.

applelaq
applelaq

I love this!!
The smell is similar to SAKURAMOCHI(traditional Japanese sweet)
I like it sweet and delicious :)

Mr.Lazuardi
Mr.Lazuardi

wow,just sniffed and i love it so much
so unique,sweet,sexy,and i think the licorice is the main point that make this stuff unique

cant stop sniffing it,awesome

EnchantedForestLover
EnchantedForestLover

SO SO YUMMY! this is like sticking ur nose in a bag of black licorice … deliciously sweet but with a soft tang to it. the projection is ok but the longevity is amazing, and its one of those scents that can really trap you and is hardly ever offensive to wear, a truly good ANY OCCASION scent. love it

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

Rare and unusual. This fragrance is ultra-sweet, camphorous, with sharp woody base. Silage and longevity both are powerful, thus be careful not to overspray.

This fragrance made me register for this site so I could put in my own review. It is that good, yes.

I had no idea what I was expecting with this blind buy. I do not possess the nose of a basset hound and am not a expert by any means. I buy perfumes that smell good to me and have no idea how to describe them. I have about 15 bottles of perfume in my collection but this one is something else.

Before I go on let me first say, the sillage on this isn't great, but it's decent. Longevitiy on me is really bad though. I'd give it an average of 3 hours.

Now that that's over with, did I mention that I like it. Ok let me reiterate, I like it alot.

It's very sweet smelling and evokes thoughts of the whimsical. Not immediately masculine but it's not a feminine scent either. Not for you, manly-man, but a very nice stray away from the generic department store smell. You know, the mix of the Hugo and Definitely won't wear this for work or anything serious but on a quiet evening out this is defiintely my top pick.

In fact, this is the first time I found myself wearing perfume just before going to bed, just so I can go to sleep with the scent. It just has that effect on me that makes me want to keep smelling it. Yes, I really like it.

jessbug
jessbug

I had a tester of this lying around. Thinking it was the LL EDP for women I decided to give the frag another chance (I'd tried it years before and HATED it). At first spray this was pretty overpowering; the anise is very strong. I once got very drunk on absinthe, which is why I never really loved the scent of anise. Apparently I can stomach it fine now, even though it still isn't my favorite.

Anyway, the drydown is where this beauty really shines. I love this scent! I didn't even realize it was a men's perfume, I just loved the masculine feel of it combined with the cozy, sexy, warm drydown. I love wearing this myself, but I find it really sexy on guys too!

One of my favorite winter scents :) 4,5/5!

Jun0711
Jun0711

This is Oriental Woody casual cologne for Spring & Fall season

CRIALESV
CRIALESV

Well constructed fragrance but I came to the realization that I just don't like the smell of liquorice. Anise dominates this fragrance from the opening to the dry down. If you don't like anise then don't waste your time. If you do enjoy it, this fragrance is one you'll appreciate. It's also dirt cheap on fragranceshop.com.

ju7ia1978
ju7ia1978

This is one of my favorite fragrances. For a while, I would have considered it my signature, and it is the only full bottle I've ever used up and replaced. These days, I rotate too much to call any one scent a signature fragrance, but when I can't decide on what to wear, this is almost always my go-to.

I am not great with describing notes and bases and all of that. I just know what I like, and I like this. I know that I can smell anise, almond, and vanilla in it, and that others notice these notes as well.

What I also know is that, as a woman, and one with a pretty strong personality (Aries/Fire/masculine energy, but very definitely a glam girl), this is exactly the kind of gourmand I want to wear. I can't stand sweet vanilla/gourmands that are usually made for women; I never feel like they fit my style. I generally like to wear either spicy or floral orientals, but they aren't always appropriate. A masculine gourmand like this (or Ghost Man or A*Men) is generally my choice in these situations.

I've never smelled this on a man, but I have a feeling that if I did, I'd chase him down the street the way I did to a guy wearing Ghost Man.

Bottom Line: I'm totally into it.

RUDOLFO512

This cologne smells so fresh and clean I always get compliments. I first bought it when it was launched in 2000 and have been in love with it ever since. It is soft and not overwhelming, which makes it perfect for the office. To me it smells a lot like licorice.

DanielGoulet
DanielGoulet

Wish I could find it!

ZELJO

so sexy smell, fresh and erotic, with the special touch of anisette and ivy, guess it suits all year long but is especially good for summer

krayolakolorz
krayolakolorz

Jager? Absolutely smells like it. Sisters boyfriend from Lyon France wore this also, much stronger, sweet smell. But for some reason it smelled really good. Very romantic great for winter.

kamigreiss
kamigreiss

I can appreciate the fragrance, but cant get past how much it reminds me of Jägermeister. Its a no go for me.

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

This has a very nice and manageable anise upfront with some vanilla and some almond. There is also something fresh and lightly citrus about the opening - like a small dab of lemon meringue on top of the opening notes but minus the sweetness and double the airiness. It really makes the anise soft instead of sharp.

It might just be me but I get a hint of floral like Jasmine Sambac in the middle of this. This is one of the fragrances that you expect to fade away quickly but instead it just keeps shifting slightly and getting more comfortable ... like putting on a starched shirt that starts a bit stiff but gets so comfortable and soft after wearing it for a few hours you forget you are even wearing it. In the dry-down this becomes a light skin scent like just getting out of a shower after using camay soap. Very nice.

Mr. CG White
Mr. CG White

I won't talk about the notes or performance because it's written by others, I'll just share my love for this. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine is and always will be a mainstay in the collection. This does not smell like the typical designer scent, Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine has so much body and soul. I wouldn't change a thing about it and in my book its a perfect 10. Ive already been through 2 bottles. If could find a limited edition bottle I'd be one happy man.

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

This is a VERY nice frag...Clean...green...and awesome-smelling machine! Based on review, it seems to be highly viewed as a colder weather fragrance - however IMHO I believe this to be a Spring frag; light jacket weather...beautiful frag nonetheless!

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Just blind bought this one after some amazing reviews ive been reading here.
I ordered tht one cause i thought it was a gourmand fragrance,but def its 10% gourmand and 90% a sweet,herbal,woody frag...
The first spray reminded me a mix of wolfgang joop and a really sweet version of dsquared wood...
I have to say that it is an absolutely balanced and well mixed frag.The notes are corresponding nice to each other creating a well balanced smell...
I cant comment on longetivity cause i just sprayed but it seems its gonna last a lot.
Projection is average to heavy.
Overall im pretty impressed with it.The only bad is that i wanted it more gourmandy or toned up the praline note...
Overall score 7/10
UPDATE: i sprayed 6 sprays when i left home and within 3 -4 hours it was gone.Sooo...Bad to mediocre longetivity on my skin

martynW
martynW

I tried it - too sweet for me. It was overwhelming. I suspect it is the liquotice, or anise maybe? Interestingly, I gave it to an Asian friend, and it smelled wonderful on him. I think it may be better for more sallow or darker skins - it just didn't work for me.

Mebster
Mebster

Have the vial. Very sweet and feminine. I don't want my Hubby smells like this.

Hello,
well, this is now at my skin and I detect strongly Liquorice, almonds/tonka and vanilla, not much of wormwood. Here is found also le male. And I would not put Le Male on female skin but this one.. is totally unisex and very much suitable to women too. Le Male is more masculine. Au Masculin is more soft, more close to skin sweet dream. Thumbs Up.

flkirkland
flkirkland

Is it me, or does this smell remarkably like Gaultier's Le Male? No joke - I sprayed one on one arm and the other on my other arm - I can barely tell the difference. This is a nice scent - the licorice and mint come through right away. Hints of vanilla and tonk a warm it up nicely.

kavi
kavi

Smells a bit like a lightened Versace's The Dreamer with Licorice thrown into the mix. Powder, Vannila and Licorice. Nothing to dislike here for me, infact, I love this.

EDIT: I now feel like this smells similar to Le Male at the heart and dry down. This fragrance is unbelievably incredible. I feel like I have hit the jackpot! I do not know why I didn't get this earlier! If you get a chance to try this, TRY THIS!!!!!!!!!!

The Monaco
The Monaco

Awful! CHinese home delivery service, that certain anised thai role. Who wants to SMELL like asian food?

HarveyCan
HarveyCan

Ah, nose candy!!! Not THAT kind, folks... The licorice and anise are rather strong at the first moment, but these quickly soften and work into your skin over the day with some very subtle, sweet variations. My GF gets lit up if she walks by and I have just put it on, and I'd say it is responsible for many a morning pre-workday tryst that might not have otherwise happened. Yes, it's that good... I am not surprised to find that it has Wormwood in it, which is the main ingredient found in Absynthe -- truly intoxicating!!! Lolita is one of my E-scentials.

rockindave
rockindave

I used to wear this when I'd go out with my ex-BF who used to wear Joop! The two fragrances clash terribly (much like my ex and I..lolll) so I'd stopped using it and consigned it to the back of the basket I use to store my fragrances.

I have recently re-discovered this and wow! I'm loving it :) The opening aniseed notes are strong and the booziness of the initial spray is almost aluring in itself. What it dries down to is a subtle, sweet vanilla / woody fragrance which lasts on my skin for many hours and projects well.

Great for going out at night, not what I'd wear to work or during the day. Quite a classic :)

holyxhooker
holyxhooker

i don't really like this fragrance, the anise and licorice make up for an unbalanced and rude scent. I can see why some people would like this, it's fresh, original and dearing. but it just isn't for me :)

dawnzartandlife
dawnzartandlife

I adore several of Lolita Lempicka's scents. This one is no exception. It is sweet, licorice, vanilla, and yet the deeper manly points make it similiar but different to the Lolita Original fragrance. I think it is very unisex. I swipe it off the counter from my hubby all the time. I think the sillage is good, and it makes me happy.

makao69
makao69

So disappointed with this fragrance! I bought this and it smells ok. The problem is, I can smell this on for all of 5 minutes, tops and then gone!!!

GugaGaidzak
GugaGaidzak

Lolita Lempicka is able to create dreamy fragrances. And i dare to say that this is perfect for sleeping, why not? When you have someone in your bed and you want that person closer to you, you should have the right scent to work with..... You don't have to spray it all over, just a couple and you're set .It's not invasive as you think this could be, but its not for everyone , and I wouldn't recommend that as a signature scent to go out. I couldn't wear it out of my bed, its just an occasion kinda of smell, this is alchemy, this is mind trick, and you have the right time for every scent. .. Be wise on that!!!

camposg
camposg

This is a must have for a collector. If your looking for a compliment getter, a ladys fragrance look no furthur. I rate this a "seductive" great masculine one of a kind. Definite try/buy

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I feel warm wearing this perfume, sweet spicy with hint of vanilla at the background. It is polite but firm, really nice perfume!

hellogoddag
hellogoddag

The scent is so delicious and emotional at the same time. The licorice/vanilla cake-scent leads my mind back to the childhood birthday parties.

And the bottle and box fits the scent and the whole theme so perfectly.

I love everything about this piece of art.

Cassiano
Cassiano

This one should be called "Lolita Oh My God Masculin", because it is DIVINE!

Since the day I felt it on a sample, I fell in love.
The bottle is stunning! The cologne, astonishing!

How a cologne can smells so good?
First of all, violet + anise + licorice = perfection. A punch in the nose since the first sniff. I can realize the scene on my mind: "a smoke that calls you with a finger, like in the Tom&Jerry cartoons".
Then, we have sandalwood, tonka and rum...ok, that's why you become drunk and crazy about this scent.
To finish, vanilla (which makes any cologne better) and praliné, just to make you smelling a little more...DELICIOUS.

Moreover, it lasts for more than 6 hours and it exhales as well. This is a gem!

Raychee123
Raychee123

It hits you like a Karate chop to the neck from someone who just had a shot of sambuca. I have to say that this may very well become my absolute favourite, ever. Once the weather cools off here in Calgary (which unfortunately will be soon and for a good part of the year :( I will be able to wear it a bit more and see where it ends up in my list of scents. It is so very good and unique and I love it, just love it.

EDIT: It is officially freezing where I live and this has shot up to become my #1 scent of all time.From start to finish this stuff is just pure magic! what a find

keffy
keffy

This fragrance is very unique/unusual.The anise and licorice is so dominant in this cologne, if you dont like those notes as well as the sweetness, then you wont like this. The good thing about this is that its cheap and very affordable. You can get a 1.7oz/50ml for $20-$25 shipped to your door, so test this before buying, i wouldn't recommend a blind buy on this one, you could end up being disappointed about your purchase for this, and Hey! its a GOURMAND.

editionblanche
editionblanche

désolé, mais cela doit être appeleé au feminin!

Abby1970
Abby1970

So disappointed with this fragrance! I bought this for my boyfriend and it smells absolutely divine! The problem is, I can smell this on him for all of 20 minutes, tops and then it’s gone. It’s like he never even sprayed any at all. He gives himself 4 good sprays of this scent and then it evaporates off his skin with no lingering trace whatsoever. All his other fragrances seem to last and last except for this one. So, so sad because this is truly a delicious scent.

Teo
Teo

So, me and my GF were in a store trying different scents when she picked up this pretty blue bottle and sprayed on a strip. She was immediately like 'Oh my God, this is amazing. You should totally wear this!'. When I smelled it I thought her scent receptors must have broken or something. The stuff smelled like a drunk person passed out in a candy store so naturally I told her that vile thing will not come near my skin ... ever!

Of course the ol' gal took that as a challenge and the next week she surprised me with a nice present - a 100 ml bottle of Lolita Lempicka's Au Masculin. My first reaction was to dump it straight into the kitchen sink and then sanitize thoroughly with bleach...or fire. But realizing the futility of it all (my GF is a tenatious little darling, bless her heart) I decided to at least try it once. And I am so very glad I did!

On my skin the perfume smelled nothing like it did on paper. It opened up with the powerfull aroma of rum and licorice which soon melted down and mixed pleasently with the vanilla and praline. A wave of sweetness and deliciousness began to suround me as it settled down. The whole feeling of this perfume is one of coziness and warm sensuality. This perfume opened my eyes to the wonderful world of sweet and spicy men's fragrances and I LOVE it! The longevity and projection on me are very good if not excellent. And on top of that women seem to love Au Masculin. I've recieved numerous compliments (only from women though, hmm...) that I smell 'cuddely' or 'fireplace-y'.

Projection - 7/10
Longevity - 8/10
Scent - 9/10

Bottom line - I absolutely adore this creation and wear it through three of the four seasons. Thank you Annik Menardo!

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

Presentation very interesting bottle box simulates a tree trunk and leaves.
Some time had an interest in knowing that perfume and the existence of the note of licorice in the opening was what made me prioritize it in the wishlist. I'm here B * Men, who also has licorice and wanted to know with greater certainty that note. Well, now more safely say that licorice is a sweet that I referred the sugar, something simple and different from that usually refers to vanilla cakes, cookies. I could not feel vanilla in Lolita. Sweet Licorice is very much present at the opening of the B * Men's and Lolita. The difference is that the B * Men is patchouli and pepper to break a bit of sweetness. Lolita is already sweeter. Over 20 minutes of the alcohol content of rum with woody tones begin to appear, but the truth is the sugar remains open for long. I like sweet fragrances and this is a nice scent, follows a very similar vibe to the Rocks Man, both in style and fragrance in the matter of fixing and projection, but guess who has through redundant Man Rocks have Lolita, I think the Rocks more interesting, because its lavender and cappuccino give a distinctive flavor. The Lolita has a sweet tone most common and straightforward, without something very attractive. It is as if Lolita was a Man Rocks Lavender and no cappuccino and was put in place something even more sugary.

I used 6 sprays

Projection: about 2 hours (Note 7)
Longevity: 8 hours (Note 7)
Versatility: grade 8 (good for romantic encounters, autumn, winter, only in a warmer climate that I think would not work well).
Fragrance: Note 7

ROLDAN
ROLDAN

I think its a quite unisex scent and very unique e.d.t. After I spray it I feel like I'm visiting a candy store... With lots of licorice / anis notes in it. Not too sweet ,but quite seductive... Great for cold seasons and for evenings too. Staying power is great with gentle silage. If you want to switch yourself to a "Sweet boy" mode, this one is a great choice. :) Good job Lolita!

claudja smeller
claudja smeller

(PORTUGUESE)

Adoro usar este perfume; mesmo as mulheres que nõ costumam usar perfumes masculinos podem usar este sem medo; segue a linha dos demais Lolita Lempicka, só que bem menos doce.

Não deixa rastro, não invade o ambiente; é discreto e tem boa fixação.

(ENGLISH)

I love to use this scent, even in women who usually wear men's fragrances can use it without fear; follows the line of other Lolita Lempicka, only much less sweet.

Leaves no trace, does not enter the environment, is discrete and has good fixation.

zelmu
zelmu

I hate anis and licorice. Still I gave this a shot and bough it blind...

I LOVE IT!!

nghoanglam
nghoanglam

Not reach my expectation, but i still love it. However, I will not buy another bottle in future. IMO i think Le Male of JPG is still better :D

Update: I dont know my bottle is real or not because its smell is very faint. This bottle, I bought from Perfumania.com. If S.O. want to try a buy from this website,think twice because it has terrible customer services and ridiculous return and refund policies. IMO, Macy's still far away better than all websites. I will check the real one in Macy's someday and edit this review again. Hope that time i will fall in love with LLAM just like with LL women's version.

Halalay

Awful, GRATINGLY nasty chemical dry-down, at least that's how I perceive it. (NOTE: I do handle/investigate/research solvents for a living, so I can tell what a "bottled chemical" smells like. Not natural AT ALL and REALLY unpleasant. Same story with Xeryus Rouge and Baldessarini, both when sprayed on skin - what a pity! They all smell great of a paper strip and become a horror show on my skin - the dry-down feels like fingernails scatching a blackboard. Maybe we should wear all these concotions on fabric and "all well be well"...) I agree with Stephan: get the women's version of Lolita, as Luca Turin also suggests...

dagulicious
dagulicious

I'm sorry for being so "rude", but...this one is headache in a bottle. Probably many of you will not enjoy this review, but that's it for me. It's nothing special, very linear from the start to the end. Not many fragrances made me feel so terrible. I almoust threw up my intestins the day I tested it...

Only my opinion... I prefer a cheap deodorant instead of this

mgfragrances
mgfragrances

One word to describe this fragrance is licorice. Like you're walking into a candy shop with the smell of fresh licorice.

What I love about Au Masculin is it has it's own vibe and smell. Nothing you're used to smelling in other mens fragrances.

naheed
naheed

Despite starting so sweet Au Masculin manages to be attributed as a masculine fragrance. Upon applying, the very first punch is of sweetness and there's something added to it which prevents it from becoming feminine. As it starts to settle, both vanilla and licorice kick in with high intensity. You can't make out at this stage whether vanilla has been added with heavy hand or is it licorice? It's both side by side. It changes a little bit more and smells very strange like a new interior of a furniture show room, it's a little bit unbearable to me. Soon the furniture show room stage morphs into a pleasant mix of vanilla, licorice, very clear anise and a little hint of violet and on the whole, it all smells woody. I kind of like it and would like to wear on some special occasions myself as well.

Quite a nice fragrance but at the same time not for every man. The men who have a penchant for art, classical music and the poetry of Lord Byron and Wordsworth will appreciate Au Masculine whole heartedly. Must test it before buying.

Upon initial application, LOLITA LEMPICKA AU MASCULIN has me shaking my head wondering yet again about the alleged distinction between made-for-women and made-for-men perfumes. Shortly thereafter, however, as the car interior and tire notes begin to manifest themselves, I rememember: Yes, that's right--guys like cars.

Some of you may think that I am imagining this, but I smell at least as many new car interior and tire notes as gourmand notes by the drydown. This fragrance starts very sweet and seems as though we may have quite the narcissistic couple in the making, she wearing LL, he wearing LL AU MASCULIN. Think Valerie Bertinelli and Eddie Van Halen.

But, no, in the end, we find the truth which we already knew but had forgotten: girls like candy and flowers, while guys like cars and guitars!

Redpula

I almost bought this last month because of the designer name and nice bottle. Good thing I was able to test it first in my skin. At the top spray, hmm lovely, fresh n sweet. But just seconds after, oops, what is this? It smells familiar but I can't say yet which perfume.
Ok so I gave it a chance to work on me to heart and dry down, so after an hour, the heart, still almost the same as the familiar perfume, just less powerful and a little fresher. Over the dry down, the scent didn't change and as I was having my dinner, there I remember that this fragrance is almost the same as my Rochas Man.
With Rochas Man in my collection, I don't need this perfume anymore. It isn't as long lasting as RM.
So guys, buy RM than this; sexier vanilla mocha and great for winter.

Halalay

This would be lovely, were in not for the GHASTLY artificial chemical smell, feeling like a needle up your nose or the grating of nails on a blackboard, that makes itself felt already from the middle notes onwards. (I get the same grating feeling in the dry-down from Baldessarini for Men, also from Xeryus Rouge.) What a pity, what a shame! THIS is the very reason to plunk down your hard-earned $$$ on the good stuff from Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, Hermes, Lauder, Patricia de Nicolaï, Lauder, Serge Lutens, Maïtre Parfumeur et Ganteur, to name a few. If they "play with chemicals," they are not the unbearable and nasty sort, that smell like chemical warfare.

Lumiere
Lumiere

Just received this wonderful-looking bottle in rough surface green package.First of all, licorice and anise strike as dominating notes, they play,. vary and change-I must say i always thought it's almost the same smell that these two have in their base. Then i had and image of the tree trunk, yes, old lush trunk of a tree in a moss dark forest. It was the surface of it, but most of all the flesh, middle of it, with damp smell of wood. Something dark and dangerous was waiting, that had an association of the big green snake hiding somewhere inside, or perhaps amongst the branches and the green lush leaves. She may caress you and settle on your shoulder or she may strike unexpectedly, who knows...

It is a very textured smell, reminding of the lush velvet or some other similar luxury fabric, very sensuous to touch.

Wood notes remain, with a hint of vanilla showing from underneath. I have a feeling that this smell will change and show one or the other note interchagibly perhaps all day, as I had such experience with L de Lolita.

At times i think-evening and absinth, at times-doctor's room, an expensive doctor's room, with some herbs and medicines, mysterious, as you don't know what he may use his potions for.

I am yet to hear the comments once i take this fragrance out with me, as it is for sure noticable. Not only Lolita has charachter, but wearing men's Lolita on a woman is a statement bold enough.

After 3 hours perfume has settled on my cotton dress with the distinctive aroma of the wildflowers-cornflowers, meadow herbs, perhaps some distant poppies. No trace of anise or licorice at this stage.

At the moment this fragrance is my saviour in 40 degrees heat summer. Not only it's suited to winter- but freshness of almost medicinal anise and a bit bitter dry down make it refreshing in heat-comparable to the cold feeling of tiger balm on one's temples.

JimTheGreat
JimTheGreat

I LOVE this, it's my go to scent for winter. Great projection and longevity. Only concern is the sprayer, it goes through about half a bottle on one press! (exaggeration ofcourse, but you get what I mean)

Redpula

He ain't heavy, he's my brother - Rochas Man to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. :)

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

Not sure I grokked this one. It seems like a solid, well-crafted scent, but it was quite weak. Maybe my mini was a crappy batch. I kept putting more and more on 'cuz I couldn't smell it! Eventually I got enough happening with it and it was 'nice' but didn't wow me in any real way. No sillage. Longevity has been good - what it has dried down to is quite pleasant - but not particularly distinctive IMO. It feels "barely masculine" to me.

UPDATE: FYI/FWIW, I try to write my reviews BEFORE I read the existing reviews - lest I be swayed too much by those who have (bravely!) gone before me. I just blazed through them, and I wanted to note that my experience with this scent seems to be very similar to bp's experience. Please don't hate me ;-)

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A multi-complex bombshell scent, which is the ugly, the good and the long lasting. A scent which could be considered a work of art, which lasts for 12 hours..

0-5 mins - A soft yet powerful perfume. The smell on the skin is 90% the same as Surge Lutens Gris Clair and 80% like Surge Lutens Daim Blond. Smelling close to the skin is foul for me, it has bark, rice wine/aniseed like qualities which does not appeal. I feel many may think this is gross. However, the scent which projects is transformed into something much nicer and has intermittent twists of masculinity, which are a tiny bit mature and sexy - I like it. 2-3 foot projection

5 mins - 5 hours - 2 foot projection, great stuff. There is an appearance and overall package feeling of JPG Le Male as the minty vanilla invades and subtely makes itself known to your nasal hairs..however this is still Surge Lutens Gris Clair on the skin, more spicier perhaps, but 5 times more so than Le Male in any comparison. There is a significant shampoo like twist to this fragrance which may put some off.. I like it though, a great experience

5- 7 hours- 6 inch projection, great.

7 hours - 12 Hours - A beating intense scent on the skin which sticks around like all good men should do!

It is like being in a purple, light blue and pink, velvet coated rollercoaster; being terrified and amazed at the same time. Split views on this; it is the perfume equivalent of Marmite... the Soapiness/shampoo with Vanilla affect may not appeal to some, however I air on the side of liking it

Affordable and very Sexy

Very, Very Good

pattnaik
pattnaik

Starts with a licorice staranise (difficult to bear), but dry down is very good. Sandalwood plays hide and seek as it tones down to base notes. Apply this 2 hours before you are going out.

the dry down is the best..opening stinks

scribs
scribs

this for me a actually a way better and tolerable version of Le Male (which i dont like cuz i find unbearably powdery ) but this frag is subtle, projects well, and lasts like 12 hours on my skin. only the opening smells like Le Male, then it u start to develop the sweet vanilla and the rum notes, which are expertly blended and transition flawlessly. all and all i think that this is an extremely cozy fragrance and i think it is sweet while retaining a masculine touch, i give it a. 8.5 o.o. 10 (its a total snuggle fragrance for when u r with ur Boo)

malik2011
malik2011

this lolita lampica is good but i think there is more refined one which is roccobaroco and the last is better than this

ItsJson
ItsJson

This is nice and light, but still masculine enough for me, I gave up (Le male JPG) for this fregrance.
It gives me a fresh kind feel when I were it.
I read someones comment about ir smelling like water..Maybe you got a fake one.

BiGToNy9654
BiGToNy9654

I have no problems with this stuff AT ALL. Nothing with the projection, longevity nothing. Might be better than JPG Le Male. IMO

vardavas
vardavas

Blast of anise in the beginning, just like if I was drinking a glass of ouzo with sugar. Rum and tonka bean come pretty fast and very nice. It ends with very prominent notes of vanilla and praline.
Longetivity is pretty good it just stays pretty close to the skin though after a couple of hours.
All in all excellent fragrance

bp

Okay folks. Sorry about this debate in which only side I'm against.
I believe perfume is bombastic in you all, but unfortunately for me, this perfume is pretty weak.
But I bought it at a store official. May still be faked. I do not know. But the fact that EDT does not work on me. Is null.
Sorry, did not want to upset or annoy anyone.
Hugs

bp

Responding to criticism, I can only say that I've been using perfumes for over 10 years and never had any perfume so weak, if not ridiculous like this.
Respect my opinion, I also respect yours.
And I have nothing against something that is in the surroundings of this perfume, such as brand, designer, etc ...
I love all perfumes, except this one.
I am very sorry to have spent so much money to buy this crap.

natcam
natcam

this fragrance opens strong smelling kind of like an anise essence with that cinnamon earthy smell you get when you get very close but the dry down on this is just so smooth and pleasant and its good to opening only lasts for 20 min and then is dominated by that smooth sweet creamy smell 10/10 worth every cent destroys rochas man !

boyxtoy
boyxtoy

au masculin it's so so so charming, like a magic scent so similar to lolita lempicka edp, innocent but still sexy, i wish this last longer ,in my skin last like 4 or 5 hours, so poor, for that reason it's better the LL edp :D

johngreenink
johngreenink

I think one really needs to love the scent of aniseed in order to enjoy this cologne. The scent is so specifically aniseed (and not, say, Chinese star anise or licorice...) that at first I thought this was the only note! It did not smell very good on my skin, and I gave the bottle to a friend who loves it, so it is definitely made for some men who can wear it well.

cocobella
cocobella

this one is really great. it is not as sweet as the female fragrances by lolita lempicka. i think the rum note is very prominent, what i really like.
actually, i bought this one for myself, but my boyfriend also fell in love with this, so we both are using it. i think next time i have to buy a larger bottle of this little cutie.

Anup
Anup

A very unique example of a mens fragrance brought to us from none other than the house of Lolita Lempicka. My favorite nose, Annick Menardo is responsible for this gem and believe me, it is worthy of her name. I've always loved LL's women's fragrances and used to wear them regularly (until i traded them off). This can be found very cheaply at your local grey market stores for around $20.00 for the 3.4 oz, but you know me, i paid $50.00 for the 1.7 because i didn't know any better (this was my first real "hard to find" purchase). After looking at some reviews online and a plethora of video reviews on youtube i was STOKED to buy this and i'll tell you what, i DONT feel bad that i spent $50.00 on this ONE BIT. I don't like to buy into the hype of things but, this is one of the most "mystical and magical" smelling fragrances i've ever smelled.

The top:

When this fragrance first begins to fog out from whence you've sprayed it you'll notice enticing accords of anise and licorice wood. Very haunting and slightly seductive this tag team duo work together to create a "black jelly bean" kind of accord. As a matter of fact these two notes really have an influence on the whole composition, strangling it in a sense, but without the violence if that makes any sense at all. Violet being powdery and moist accompanied with green ivy assist with the notion of a "sparkling mythical forest". I would hate to save basil for the last mentioned note in the top, because in fact it IS quite prevalent. It's just that it doesn't really have a lot of room to breath whilst being smothered be the other accords.

The heart:

Keep in mind that the anise and licorice wood haunt this entire fragrance. In the middle we are able to grab on to a salty woods accord paired well with a healthy dose of earthy (and gummy) sweet tonka beans. A sweet and heavily boozy note tries to take a stand to the seductive anise/licorice wood duo, but like a frat boy who's had a few too many, this boozy accord is willing to do anything after being vexed by the duo and is utterly assimilated into their moist, magical affairs.

The base:

Keep in mind that the anise and licorice wood haunt this entire fragrance. Upon total dry-down we are invited to a pre-hypnotized accord of vanilla-praline. Nutty and smooth, these accords almost WANT to be coaxed by the anise/licorice duo, flirting back JUST as heavily and moaning in pleasure when they're finally taken. Vetiver and ceder give this fragrance some much needed "ground", because as of yet this whole "mystical forest" thing has just been floating in a cloud.

I approve

Smell: 9.5
Longevity: 10++
Sillage: 9+

oxm
oxm

This fragrance includes various gourmand notes, but the one that gets the better of all is the licorice, intense and vibrant.
From the first impact as well as licorice (which dominates until the end) you can see the anise and a table laden with every gift of God, from chocolates to cakes with cream: it's like being at a birthday party where the guests are just friends true, like a * Men but this fails to achieve (in my humble opinion, the opulence of the blue star) All in all a good fragrance is certainly suited to younger people.
Rainbow of fragrant notes

Ash4245
Ash4245

I think it smells better than jean paul goltieh. It kind of has, you know for all the anice scents, this is the best one!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

The shy cousin of Le Male.
A little more shy, why not have your projection, but longevity is the same for me.
I really love him, oriental gourmand, with intense licorice chord, which makes sugary sweet, almost dusty, along with the well prominent hint of anise.
Sandalwood appears hot form, woody discreet dry, and also what balances a tone somewhat slight boozy.
The background delicious and comfortable vanilla and praline with the appearance of caramel dessert, decrees it definitely like gourmand, and a woody background. Tasty!''

junglefun
junglefun

I blind bought this thinking that I would like it because of the licorice notes. It never did it for me. I sold my 95% full bottle for cheap......real cheap.

cowboykenny27
cowboykenny27

Yuk! , smells very candy like at the beginning then i get a synthetic liquorice/anise scent followed by a cheap chocolate smell again synthetic . Really not something I would ever wear & I think i would struggle to find a friend that this would suit. There's nothing masculuine about this fragrance at all , In fact people who like liquorice or aniseed shold pick up a bottle of dana zig zag .Its much more masculine and smells a lot nicer than this synthetic concoction . Please try before you buy !

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Anise is very intensive specialy that it has also licorice.
Sickly sweet to my nose.
Reminded me lot of fragrance,le male,armani code,also the openning of jeux du peau serge lutens...
A very gourmand scent,it's not well balanced .
Longevity about 8 hours with good projection.

silentrich
silentrich

Licorice and florals is what your going to get from this one. The opening is a little harsh, but if you like the smell of licorice run don't walk to buy this. Not something I'd wear on a regular basis, but it's something that when I do wear it I enjoy.

I don't know how Lolita Lempicka manages to achieve it time and time again, but this fragrance house has a knack for creating fragrances that make you feel like you're living in a fairytale as a woodland prince or princess.

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, despite being aimed towards men, still has that mystical forest sensation that has the ability to thrill me over and over again. It's much darker and more licoricey than the feminine Lolita Lempicka, and I'll have to agree with most reviewers here, that this fragrance can indeed be unisex.

The licorice note appears in rather large doses, being further complimented by heady violet, green ivy, vanilla candies and boozy rum. I really love this blend. It's like the naughty woodland satyr with a drinking problem and a devilish glare that makes the pretty fairies swoon.

The sweetness of this fragrance will not suit everyone. Don't say that you weren't pre-warned. Perhaps the poetic and romantic types of men will appreciate this fragrance, along with the women, like myself, which find this fragrance more appealing than the feminine Lolita Lempicka.

I bought this fragrance from a quaint, little boutique hidden amongst a dreamy, forest landscape. This fragrance will always remind me of this day-trip and having found this fragrance for such a great price. I guess you could say that the scent suited the occasion.

I haven't met a man with whom Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin would suit, however for the time being I'm enjoying wearing this little number for myself. I should add that the longevity and sillage are very strong and lasting.

uscguy777
uscguy777

This one surprised me a lot. I was expecting an intense A*men Le Male kind of punch but really it's quite gentle. It's a gourmand, but it's very soft and the licorice is somewhat refreshing.

Very distinctive. It's perfect for a date. I don't have kids yet but I could also see a father wearing this reading bedtime stories to his children. It has a magical aura that would fit with the tales of knights, princesses, dragons, sorcerers, all that kinda stuff haha.

All in all a great fragrance. Recommended

Carestinus
Carestinus

Oh mon Dieu Lolita!!! This was love at first sniff years ago... but never dared to buy it... thought it was too strong and no one seemed to share my craze about it. Plus I always tried it under hot conditions (weather conditions I mean lol)so it was definitely unwearable. Until I said: enough is enough, let's face it, it's a must have! And here we are. Now it is getting colder here and this is heavenly. I was mistaken, it isn't at all cloying or over the top, it just needs to be on the right day and moment. I only criticize the bottle... so beautiful on pics but it just doesnt work... the sprayer was broken in days and the overall glass and design feel cheap. Anyway, if you're a dreamer and romantic soul like me, this is the scent that transports you to the fairytale. And don't get me wrong: this will transform yourself into the prince of that tale, not in the sleeping beauty haha. Def a male scent!

I decided to "face" Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin as many people made a lot of rumor out of it. I tried it first on paper and totally got impressed by the amazing opening. Anise, Liquorice and some undetected aromachemical that was really fashinating to my nose. I immediately decided to spry it on my skin to check longevity and sillage and how it worked with my chemistry...Oh My God what a big mistake I made. After the opening, Au Masculine, turns to a super sweet, loud, vulgar and bizarre (in a bad way) everlasting vanilla gourmand. So loud and long-lived that I started to worry. I rushed to the bathroom to scrub it but I realized that the only option I had was to graze my arm. It's like having a big (big) dog keep barking at your window for twelve hours nonstop. You got tired, stressed,dazed, exasperated....and you could kill.

Someone says Au Masculin may be good for girls too and I hope I'll never meet one wearing it. So disappointed as I really wanted to Like it.

Go for the female EDP version. It's more refined and balanced.

Rating: 5.5-6/10

arzacu

This is my favourite fragrance ever...
for two reasons
1- sweet
2- masculin

It starts with fresh notes of green ivy and strong star anise, that makes it feel as a strange chemical smell. 10 minutes before that, the smell becomes a sweet licorice, spiced with rum but still strong, and the drydown is a dream... vanilla, vanilla, praline and more vanilla with hints of violet, a soft, powdery smell, with de masculin and classic touch of vetiver.

A long lasting gourmand perfume, smells like a sweet vanilla ice cream for me.

Definetly recommended for winter, or as a date fragrance, it's romantic, classy and yummy.

gianmarco
gianmarco

Just got in, amazing smell, not overpowering atall, very light with a nice hint of vanilla, its deffinatley a mens scent good for everyday. I love it
...

Cylob
Cylob

Sweet indeed, but it has some woody elements as well that give it a nice warm base. Bought this once and don't think I'll buy it again. Yet I loved the fragrance at the time though. It's one of the most hideous bottles I've owned, that's for sure!

Tested Hypnose by Lancome and got a flashback to this fragrance. They seem so simular. Love 'em both!

varunpandey
varunpandey

Simply great ..!!! Love it!!!...great for winters

jooligan
jooligan

Easily, this can be your signature scent if you're in the candy store side of the street. Yeah, reading this you may think "omg, if you're talking about CANDY like Joop!, Le Male, A*Men, then I undoubtedly pass!!", but no, I'm not talking about those sweet nauseating smells. So , this is a BIG difference, and LLaM was made to set difference.
LLaM starts with a pungent blast of licorice, anise and a bit of basil, creating an exquisite sweet but fresh smell that reminds me of some candies that I used to eat in my childhood (so, this is a fragrance of memories IMO).Then, after 30 minutes, the basil fades away and the vanilla, rum and licorice takes the leading role, creating a realistic and surprising boozy feeling very similar to a drink called "Jägermeister". This stage is very rich, sharp and projects decently for about 4 hours. After that -in the drydown- the fragrance becomes very powdery and vanillic (I must say that at this point, LLaM it's very similar to the final stage of Le Male, but not as cloying). The vetiver make its appearence in this final stage, adding some class, oomph and sensuality to the mixture.
There are some moments in the development of LLaM that seems to share some notes with Body Kouros (Anick Menardo's trademark) but both frags are very different -Bk is dark, LlaM is transparent-.
The main feature of this juice is that creates an aura of etheral ancient magic (this could be Frodo's signature scent) that I never smelled in any 'fume.
Prepare your senses to a trip through this fabulous fragrance. 9/10!

The drydown is a nice creamy licorice/vanilla with a hint of wood. It's simple, but very effective. The only people (yes I think women can wear it without any issue) who might not like it are:

1. Those who hate licorice.
2. Those who don't like sweet or vanillic fragrances.
3. Those who want a complex fragrance.

Ingredient quality is quite good, whether it is all synthetic or not, and you do get some note separation. There is a touch of "green" that helps provide contrast and dynamism. If this type of scent is "done on the cheap" it can smell terribly sticky and synthetic. Just be sure to use one spray at first and add more if you feel you must, because it can become cloying if you use too much. If you use it in moderation it is very good, but for all I know it's been reformulated and I have the original formulation, which might explain the intensely negative reviews.

UPDATE: I acquired a backup bottle that appears to not be the original formulation (by Pacific Creations rather than Parfums Lolita, IIRC), but when I tried it I didn't detect major differences and enjoyed it. I intend to wear the original again soon and I'll report back when I do.

UPDATE #2: I think there is a powerful synthetic musk and/or woody type element to this scent that really bothered me when I wore it the other day, so those who are sensitive to these might want to sample before "blind buying."

jazzybananas
jazzybananas

The Basil and Anise in the top makes it smell like Thai Basil, one of my favourite herbs! I enjoy how this frag changes over time. The drydown is lovely.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

My husband wore it last Saturday and it was the best evening we have had in the past few weeks.
What we do not realize is how a simple thing like a fragrance may change the way our partner feels about us :-)
I absolutely couldn't stop sniffing and cuddling my husband, it felt so lovely and his skin was so tasty :-)
Gentlemen! That fragrance is going to be a 100% success if you go for a date or if you want the evening for two to be a special one.
Au Masculine is sexy, tasty, really masculine and makes my husband smell like a million bucks :-)
Worth trying and I'd even dare to say it is worth buying in blind!!!!

Bastian-Fleming
Bastian-Fleming

This perfum is awsome awsome.,when i saw the bottle, i think it's a woman fragrance.,but after tried it, suddenly i felt in love with it.,the anise make me very relax.,
this fragrance is not too sweet and have an unique and gentle hide in it.,
you must try it and i bet you will never regret about youyr choice.,
the longevity is awsome too.,i sprayed at 6pm and when i woke up in the morning i can still smell it.,

My score : 10/10

blueberry
blueberry

Interesiting product.I like it, but I don't love it. It is so mellow, mild, delicate and sweet for me so I can't imagine men wearing it, but to my surprise, it seems many of them love it. It is indeed sweet, vanillic and creamy, but somehow I expected much more from LL-especially the licorice seems to evaporate from me in a few seconds. I am sure I will use it up and enjoy it, but will not buy it again.

Deetron
Deetron

Today I got Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin as a gift and i must say – this is a great men scent! It has sweetness, but in a dark way – not too loud…I can definitely sense liqueur, vanilla and violet and that’s enough for me to love it. Dry down is good, the silage – great, staying power – excellent – more the 7 hours on my skin. Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is a great choice for special events or late parties – it’s a very hot and sexy men scent, but in the same time elegant and noticeable.

guest_debob

I seriously love this fragrance. I finally gave it as a gift to my husband, after debating weather I should keep it for myself. He loves it! He loves the fact that he can wear a slightly sweet vanilla, licorice and rum scented cologne. He loves my Lolita L on me and now he feels like he has something comparably sweet yet masculine enough for him. It's highly addictive, and very potent. After just one or two sprays I can smell this on him for hours. Makes me want to eat him up.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

So this is what an oriental-vanilla for men smells like. This has got to be like the only one right? Big Pony 2 is classified as an oriental-vanilla, but comes off like an oriental-chocolate. I love the way the Tonka, vanilla, praline, anise and licorice are just whipped smoothly into the rum. Like the best drink you could ever have, only you spill it on yourself and enjoy it.

There's more to Au Masculin than being sweet. This is a multi-faceted gem, that gleams with each turn... revealing a sensual, romantic dry-down.

Not to be compared with A*Men, as it shares no similarities. Their heights of sweetness doesn't even match. Rochas Man may possibly bring some of us down a familiar path, however Lolita lacks the spice that Rochas owns, but Rochas lacks the substance and complexity Lolita is built from. Both gems stand their own ground, and worth getting to know.

guest_debob

This is smooth and almost creamy. I can smell the vanilla, rum and the praline. It's rather sweet for a masculine scent. I bought this for my husband, but he will be fortunate if he gets it. I'm thinking I could use this one myself. Ha. Kidding. I'll give it to him. Love this stuff.

Phytrox
Phytrox

This one is kinda different. It could definetly be unisex, if you don't like sweet stuff, don't even bother trying this...
For the rest of us, this is all about licorice, anise, vanilla and rum. This combination creates an enticing aura of mystery and sweetness.
The longevity is not bad at all, I get about 10-12+ hrs (2-3 sprays)
Be careful though, people WILL smell
this and WON'T want to leave (:D), which means it is a perfect dating fragrance. Huge props to LL, this is definetly a masterpiece!

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Oh la la!!!

This is definitely a VERY enticing scent for men. To my nose, I first detect a heavy blast of dark, flowery licorice. After about 20 mins, the scent becomes sweet, boozy, and surprisingly fresh (almost a tea-like smell). I'm guessing this is because of the rum in it. I really like the use of rum here, instead of any other booze. It keeps it masculin but preserves the sweetness at the same time while turning down the licorice sugar blast in the beginning or it would have been way too cloying. Finally after about a couple of hours, you're left with a yummy, sweet (but not overly), boozy scent. At this point it becomes something I really want to sink my teeth into.

If this description sounds good to you, I think you should give this one a chance. Don't let the girly name fool you. This one is SOOO sexy! ;o)

ausamamira
ausamamira

a clean, sweet anise-like smell vanilla perfume... i feel it is a little bit cloying at the beginning, but the cloying effect fades away after a while, it directly reminded my of le male and body corous, and this is very normal since they share some notes and give relatively the same effect, LL however i find it easier to wear...and like many said it is more comfortable.... and for some reason i detect something like a tea note !!!!! all in all , a clean vanillic smell that last....

arif_azhar
arif_azhar

Smells exactly same to YSL Body Kuoros only LLaM is just a bit spicier.I prefer Body Kuoros more than this.

thief of hearts
thief of hearts

Sweet and smooooooth. Totally unique and lasts all day or night! Wakes you up in the morning and readies your senses for the day!

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

I have fallen in love with L.L from the very first sniff , this a real MASTERPIECE very unique fragrance lasts all day , i dont know any fragrance resmbeling this , .woow its just amaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzing.

andrew85

a lovely vanilla - licorice combo, that smells amazing, very sensual, unique, usual, one of the most uniques perfumes that i have ever smelt..... very unisex too... Perfect, so rich, intense and innocent at the same time, special for the romantic boy, the shy, romantic kind of person... UNIQUE,,

RobbieX

A gorgeous aniseed/liquorice/vanilla fragrance - longevity and sillage are excellent. Very rich and smooth and natural. A rival to Blue Sugar but I prefer this one. This is THE best liquorice scent. A lovely oriental gourmand.

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

this reminds me of the old lady from my neighborhood...it smells just like her perfume...i dont know if she wearing lolita lempicka but i know i smell it before..

but anyway i can smell the soft vanilla all the way to drydown...the anise and the licorice i smell at first spray..its really soft and calm...i dont if the women version smell just like this one...

overall its a great scent.with good longevity..if you like vanilla sweet stuff...

andrew85

i love this. smells so romantic, sexy, tasty, a masterpiece, smells very similar to the original Lolita for women... clean, sweet, yummy, sexy, tasty, a must have, so different from the others, deserves a try.... Excellent perfume...

jcxt
jcxt

i've both versions. the female one and ze masculin~ but oh boy, i really enjoy this one! It's less sweet, has my fave drink: the 'rum' note and it's subtle, stable and makes me feel like the me i am.

although i must say, I don't think this will entice any men i may want to seduce. it's a little nonchalant in a not very lady-like way. but i like it for a lot for alone time when i'm juz taking a casual walk in the afternoons, it is cool.

starlight~girl:)
starlight~girl:)

I had a friend who wore this and was suprised that it was a masculine scent. I could tell it was more that way, but didn't know she was wearing a calogne. I did like it on her, and that is what interested me in testing the women's LL fragrances.

Since then I did smell some in the store, and I was suprised at how heavy and syrupy sweet they were. I was disappointed and a bit intimidated to try them or buy them since. I haven't been able to test them. They are a bit heavy on me. I still don't think I would wear this one, since I like light and girly fragrances. So it may not be my personality but I still think it is still very nice.

I had a very nice impression of it and I can understand how this is a fragrance that is much more unisex. I can see both men and women wearing this one without any problem. I think it would smell nice on both.

I hate the word "unisex" per-say when it comes to fragrances. That makes me want to avoid them, when they are advertised this way. Don't ask me why? Perhaps because I associate a famous one of them with an ex. lol. (yes CK-one I am talking to you ~ bleh :p sorry! Discusting lol.)

But I just think this is a very nice fragrance and I think they made this one very well. :) I can see how some men might think it more light or feminine for a man's calogne and maybe stronger for a woman's perfume. So this definitely is a unique and nice fragrance that doesn't fit into a catagory. It is just a nice smell regardless of who is wearing it. :)

LenaBel
LenaBel

It smells like an inside of a bag full of liquorice. Maybe sweet for a male scent, but definetely not too sweet as a feminine scent. Too bad my boyfriend didn't like it-I would have bought it for him. But now I think I should buy it for myself instead!

drummerboy1986

MUCH more subtle version of Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male, maybe even a little bit better...In my honest opinion

I have a love/hate relationship with this fragrane. Just wondering, isn't it about time Lolita Lempicka makes a new male fragrance??

sky76sky

An odd romantic. A 5th-Element scent!

Au Masculin is interesting, long-lasting, playful & delightful. Either sex can wear this scent as it factors both genders in to the mix - the soft-sweet female & the woody-cologney male blended expertly so as not to land heavily on either side of the gender-fence.

A blast of sweet-store licorice, aniseed balls & sugared-almonds mixed in with basil. Oooh, I love licorice! Warm, tangy-sweet & earthy-burnt all at once. At this stage it not so much awakens your senses as smacks you around your chops! "Yikes"-yet-unique!

As it settles you begin to appreciate how beautiful Au Masculin actually is. The sweet, nutty trails weave in & out of dry, pixi-woods lending this scent a whimsical, playful feel with a dark edge.

Definitely not androgenous (as CKone), both sexes are fully represented here - the happiest hermaphroditic scent I know!

selinum28
selinum28

This perfume is wonderful, but I wouldn't like to smell it on a man. Like most perfumes from Lolita Lempicka (I haven't tested all of them yet), it is so beautiful, complex and magic..., it makes you turn your head and smile, I don't know how to express better. It is not clearly a feminine scent, it just needs to be worn by the appropriate person: it would be perfect worn by a man belonging to a fantastic world, or by one of those beings drawn by Brian Froud; but real world is just hard and sublime. It must be a good perfume to sleep.

bamboowu
bamboowu

I purchased this one for my husband, who is absolutely loving it by the way.

It is quite similar to the original Lolita, but with a little bit of rum and smokey flavour added to it. I think it is plenty masculine and very nice indeed...I am also wearing it right now. I love it too. I think a woman could wear this one because after about 30 minutes, it seemed to soften on me. On my husband, it seems to be more stronger.

I smell the anise and licorice, sandalwood, vanilla. A really great and sexy scent....no complaints from anybody here ;) that's for sure!

Sillage is great and so is the lasting power...we give it a 10/10

noddoc
noddoc

this ia an absolutely gorgeous fragrance.

BIG
BIG

it's a close to the skin scent. i had to sniff it really hard to get an idea of the overall smell. It's too weak in terms of projection and i thought it was gonna be a bomb!!!

Anna_gr
Anna_gr

bought it as a present for my husband... we both like it!

UPDATE:
My husband asked me if I'm sure it's not a feminine parfume cause it smells sweet.... :)

guest_Clariiiiii
guest_Clariiiiii

This scent is magical. Very few men wear this and yet, whenever it is within 100 feet of me, I tend to try and find who is wearing it and stand next to them. Perfect for a date night.... it is a strong scent, so you need very little on. Perfect for getting close!

alicektn
alicektn

I gave this to my brother for his birthday. It's a very comforting spicy and unusual smell! On male skin it smells of anise, liquorice, rum, and the woody notes are more pronounced.

On my skin however, the sweeter notes come out more and it's really yummy, like a chocolate liquer!

krestfallen
krestfallen

this is unexpected. how do i say it. first sniff, in my head was clove and toothpaste. haha. but i like it, so unordinary. unusually soft and smooth compared to other mens fragrances that tend to overpower. this is nice.

bronstein
bronstein

This is Lolita Lempicka in full - for men.

At least in your heart of hearts, you should be a dandy. Otherwise don't even think about wearing this one.

*****

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

I love this scent for women too! I am on a quest for this one!!!!!
I picture rum flavored pipe tobacco filling a room, a roaring fire in the fireplace with the wood crackling while a vase of sweet violets sit on the side table gently wafting in the thick air ever so slightly and a pecan pie just taken out of the oven the brown sugar and pecans so delicious.

DHMO
DHMO

When I tried this at the store I *knew* the scent but couldn't figure out what it was. Today I got my bottle in the mail and finally realized it smelled totally like ginger bread!! Then it turns into a sweet-ish vanilla scent. Also not very masculine but quite interesting.

periquito89
periquito89

One year ago I was at a shopping mall trying and looking for a scent, and I remember a girl walking fast and confident to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, and trying the sample with a big smile. I was sure she already knew it and definitely liked it.
This made me think about it, and I took the caution and did some research. The conclusion was the obvious: I should never buy it blindly, due to the feminine aura credit to this perfume. In fact I even tried. Just today I received a 1,2ml sample, and with a good amount of curiosity I tried just after work, and now, close to the midnight. First impression was something strangely although familiar plastic, quickly followed by the clear smell of liqueur; probably it is just my nose, but I got something "earthy" around the predominant "gourmand-liqueur" character. Between those two tests, I went to a graduate ceremony and smelled something close to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculine, and I couldn't identify if was a man or a woman wearing it. If I didn't have tried it just before, I would be sure that was a feminine scent. Despite all these things that would make me run away from this scent, and still I don't see myself using it, it actually smells very good. On the third try, I got, during its drydown, what I think is the "sweet make up" smell which albania9diadem has mentioned.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

Does anyone else think this smells like jagermeister? Ughhh, flashbacks!

Byzantine
Byzantine

On my skin it doesn't smell so well balanced. The anise flavor is overpowering all the others. But if you spray it on a more acidic skin type, it smells like it should.
Smells a lot better on my girlfriend. It becomes a lot more creamy, nutty. On the right skin it has a real "gourmet" feel to it.
Definitely worth a try for a more courageous girl!

Lady Love
Lady Love

I'm a girl but.. I just can't stop loving this fragance and i don't even like anis!!

So what made this fragance so wonderful??
Is a truly masculine desire come true, cuz it has three components that are complety aphrodisiac and original to me: The Licorice, Rhum and Praline.. just make a perfect combination..

Cedar, sandalow and anis notes are so powerful and provide the intense and masculine side of the perfume..

Sweet/Afrodidiac + Intense/masculine: this makes just an excelent parfum..

the long lasting power is precious!

scenturian
scenturian

It is not so sweet. It is some kinda bitter-sweetness which is a little smokey and incensy.
The drydown is warm woody sweety, vetiver, cedar, vanilla, tonka-bean and rum.
If u dont like anise get away from this.
And I dont agree it can be unisex, it has enough woody notes for a masculine scent.
This is really a unique scent, I dont know any other similar.
Stays 16+ hours on me with gr8 sillage.
One of my fav woody-sweety type of scent.

sharyssa
sharyssa

I see this at marshalls for $19.99 all of the time I want to buy it for myself because I want all of Lolita's fragrances but can a woman wear this without smelling masculine? Is it sweet?

Jave26
Jave26

This is a great fragrance never goes unnoticed on me always receives plenty of compliments but you have to let it get passed the top notes after about 45 Mins its an entirely new scent.

andy

lolita lempicka is the epitomy of a romantic and sexy fragrance and it will demand attention and seduce everyone around the wearer due to its alluring quallities

in my opinion this is more ALIVE than le male and has that sexy edge to it like fierce cologne and the anise makes this scent amazing and i have probably not smelled any anise that compares to the notes used in this

out of all the scents in a department store, this juice is the hippest and its quickly going into style and probably is the sexiest cocktail one can wear

highly reccomended

ahmed ehab
ahmed ehab

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! why me , this fragrance is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrgeous yet when i sprayed it on my wrist it turned very very bad , like menthol and some kind of disgusting cherry which is sooooo not nice so im just gonna have to settle down for aquolina blue sugar which is like caramelized sugar and also very nice , but u really have to test this on ur skin or ull be bumped big time when u dont like it on urself
good luck :)

ktv0926
ktv0926

Great fragrance! One of the most original and creative.

It is spiced version of Lolita for women, they have a lot in common. Though some think it is too sweet for a man - I would absolutely love it on a man! It is gorgeous spicy sweetness, very masculine and sexy in my opinion!

albania9diadem
albania9diadem

I can't even imagine any guy wearing such a feminine cologne. It smells like sweet make up. I happen to like sweet fragrances but this is just too much. It's linear and I smell no distinctive notes except maybe a hint of licorice. I'm planning on giving this to my girlfriend, I think it would smell really lovely on her.

6opar
6opar

A solid sweet and woody fragrance.
It should make men happy when applying it.

Liquorice and aniseed rule from start to finish. The boozy note is pretty potent too with great vanilla complimenting this close to being a superb perfume.

Yet i believe it is highly influenced by the Yohji Yamamoto release the year before. Which is not bad as this type of scent deserves popularity. ****(*)

andy

this is what lots of colognes try to copy but this is the best licorice sweet scent and the pralines really bring this out its VERY UNIQUE and will get u great praise

azuriiita
azuriiita

Its amazing for my nose¡¡¡ on my skin its very comfortable, sexy, a bit smoky... this have a sexy sweet rum note¡¡¡ with woods and vanilla, in a really good combination with tonka bean :)
Very pleasant. I like it a lot.
In my opinion its a good unisex fragrance, very suitable for cold and airy days; and for confident people :)

jasonx
jasonx

This one does not love you instantly. When I first try it, I hate it so much that I stay away from the LL counter at the mall for a really long time.
However, if you give it time, show it some love, then this scent will love you back. It's when it turns into being a really amazing scent, sweet, creamy with a little minty effect at the beginning to give it a slight naughtiness.
This is now one of my favourite and IMO one of the best scent out there.

Tarida
Tarida

I love Lolita Lempicka womens EDP but this is so sexy too. Whoever Guest is, you knocked the nail on the head with that description even if it off the net. Bravo

Lempicka for Men.

Lolita Lempicka au Masculin incarnates the strength and fragility that is innate in all men.

Its designer, Lolita Lempicka, offers a new vision of men.

A woman's vision that inveils and opens the doors to masculine Romanticism.

Vivid and appealing.

Lolita Lempicka au Masculin plays up contrasts to cause turmoil.

It infuses the skin with the tender, full- bodied Savour of Liquorice Wood, a virile and sensual echo melding delicious woody facets.

The bottle expresses this duality: the tree design suggests strength yet emotion comes through in the heart carved on its bark.

Bracing and luscious, this woody fragrance reinterpret orientals by conferring a new scent on them: the tender and full- bodied Savour of Liqourice Wood.

A lively appealing fragrance with character: notes of Ivy Green, Anise and Absinth unfold to join Violet, Barley Water and Rum at the heart, with Lingering notes of cedar, Cistus, Tonka bean and vanilla.

dejan
dejan

ihave this one and i love it.it is my pleasure to wear it.who loves sweet fragrances reccomend to buy.

sky76sky

...just to add that 2 days & 1 hot bubble bath later I can STILL smell the subtle warmth of this gorgeous scent when I nuzzle my nose into my arm!

Dangerous stuff....now I HAVE to have it. My only wish...that the bottle was as stunning as the fragrance. I guess nothing is perfect!

sky76sky

Oooo - licorice allsorts, spiced rum & sugared almonds! Very tasty! Deep, warm & mellow with tons of staying power.

Heavy on the vanilla (I think I am a vanilla-addict) the 'brown sugar' is balanced by cedar to stop if from becoming too syrupy sweet.

I had no idea this was a man's fragrance until now....it could so easily swing either way ;p If I smelled it on a fella, I'd know he was all man.

Perfectly balanced. My nose wants more of this.....yum, yum, yum! Honestly, I can't stop sniffing......

orbicon
orbicon

Sure the bottle is rather odd looking, but, this is so delicious I want to drink the bottle. A beautiful and well balanced violet and licorice start is tapered by a calm vanilla. This lasts all day. No need to reapply. I LOVE THIS!

dieciseis67
dieciseis67

Dulce y fuerte al principio con aroma a regaliz y licor, pero esto dura poco, ya que en unos minutos se convierte en un aroma amaderado y ligero, y pierde la gran personalidad que tenía en un primer momento.
Por otro lado, el frasco es de los más bonitos que existen.

j arbol
j arbol

desconcertante al principio, pero luego toma un aroma dulce pero muy masculino y perdura

el frasco es de los mas bellos que le cnozco a un perfume

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

I love this stuff. It almost smells like it is built on the same foundation as Armani Code, but leans more toward floral rather than spicy.

It doesn't scream masculinity, but it's not necessarily feminine either. Could easily be unisex.

It also happens to come in the most ridiculous looking bottle for a men's fragrance. The LE 2006 bottle looks much better.

ALEXEIFEDOROV
ALEXEIFEDOROV

awesome fragance¡ not very masculine but nice. is not my kind but i like it. this is perfect for shy men or intelectuals.

arzacu

stays on you all day long

it's romantic, sweet, tender and full bodied, really my favourite one for winter, because it's a warm fragrance.

love it

Vetiver, green notes, a touch of praline. This is a wonderful men's scent that women can wear. It's different and complicated and over all just fun to wear.

amanda
amanda

not a mery masculin bottle, but the scent itself is good, and sexy

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

A woody, full bodied fragrance. Notes of Ivy, Anise and Absinth blend well with the Violet, Barley Water and Rum at the heart. The notes of Cedar, Cistus, Tonka Bean and Vanilla are very lingering. A very long lasting fragrance which is ideal for Autumn/Winter. The fragrance is very rich and I feel great wearing it.

drummerboy1986

Masculine enough to wear, yet vulnerable enough to show emotion. Combination of light and dark. I could imagine Romeo wearing this for Juliet. This fragrance has got some "soul". Great fall fragrance. This is in the same category as L'eau D'issey, great for a date to the movies, dinner, cruise, black tie event, or a date to even the state fair. Look anyway just try it, for those who like Jean Paul, Issey Miyake, You will love this.

lollynut
lollynut

It's one of longlast fragrance.
Totally sweet but hide with gentle of musculin.

The one that I love.

guest_sean
guest_sean

my favorite ever!!!

romantic, sweet, it lasts all day on skin, I think it's good on winter time, and romantics dates.

It's smells like a vanilla ice cream, or a white chocolate.

asolutely great

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.