Designers » L » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit Lolita Lempicka for women

Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit Lolita Lempicka for women
dislike

Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit Lolita Lempicka for women Pictures

Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit was launched in 2011. Top note is licorice; middle notes are iris, jasmine and myrhh; base notes are benzoin and vanille.

Licorice

L`Eau de Minuit Edition 2013

Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit Fragrance Reviews

antfarm
antfarm

This smells nearly identical to the original, but better balanced and "calmer", if that makes sense.

Love the cute little bottle with the black leaves. I can barely detect any licorice. On my skin it's mainly vanilla.

po
po

I must admit I've always wanted one of those festive Lolita Lempicka Limited Editions in my collection, they look really promising and eye catching so when I found this one didn't hesitate to get it unsniffed.

The opening is pure licorice full force, as it dries down fades quietly and the resins become more prominent with a slight tinge of powdery vanilla but I don't get any jasmine.

This version seems deeper, more serious and grounded because of the absence of the pineapple/ivy in the opening and the vetiver, less floral; no violets as well. But also far less complex and quirky than the original. It's equally long lasting but the sillage is lower.

I can see how it can be easier to wear since the tricky notes have been removed (no star anise, ivy, cherries or praline either) but what's left is ''licorice with something extra'', honestly. I was told that it smells like honey, hmm...

I like licorice personally so it's no wonder I enjoy this version as well and the bottle is a thing of enchanting beauty but the original is still my favorite.

Edit: Layered with Vanille Et Coco by E. Coudray smells quite similar to Un Bois Vanille without the beesewax.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

You have to like licorice in order to like this perfume. I am not a fan of licorice in perfumes, because on my skin it tends to overrule the entire composition.
The other notes are shining through, but they are dominated by licorice.
This is just not for me...

LolaLoCer

I'm going to give this more time, seeing as it's such a new scent for me. It didn't seem to last longer than 10 minutes on my skin...like no one could smell it on me unless they were super up close and I'm hoping I didn't get a fake!

The first spray was heavy with the Iris and its extremely musky/powdery smell. The dry down eased a bit and I can smell a sweeter scent, but still a very heavy powdery smell, almost like baby powder/fresh diapers.

BUT- This smell also somewhat captivates me. It reminds me of a cool autumn breeze and halloween, walking through a beautiful yard late at night, while stargazing after a long day of festivities

This perfume isn't overwhelming, but it does have a strong indipendent, yet soft side to it, which makes it very femanen (sp)

LolaLoCer

I'll review again once it comes in the mail! I just purchased it online and i'm crossing my fingers I love the smell if not i'm out quite a bit of money! I'm hoping it has a sweetish smell!

kateapple
kateapple

There was a very strange period in the dry down (about twently minutes in) where I could smell cherry, but it faded after a few minutes. This flanker is very similar to its predecessor, but it does have its subtle differences. The final drydown scent have more spice and less vanilla, but the opening spray is extremely similar to the original Lolita. I enjoy this perfume a lot, but it's not different enough for me to feel like having an entire bottle is necessary.

chimidoro
chimidoro

This is an all-time favorite of mine & is one of my signature scents.
If you look up "welo opal" on Google image search, the photographs found are the best representation of the feeling & visual that this exquisite concoction conjures for me. This demon juice makes me feel like I'm floating in a dark sea of welo opal with a shimmering purple crescent moon reflecting on the oily water's surface.

The ONLY downside to this fragrance is that it lasts, at most, for only around 4-5 hours on my skin.
I have been working my way through the Lempickas in the hope that I'll find a longer lasting EDP variant of this scent. So far I've found that the closest in drydown is the Lolita Lempicka EDP, but sadly the opening shares little in common & it doesn't last as long on me as the Midnight Couture flanker.

TOP: Cherry bakewell tarts, smoky myrrh & slithers of burnt rubber in a sea of syrupy black licorice with sugary bioluminescent plankton.
MIDDLE: Resinous tonka/benzoin ocean, subdued white flowers like the transparent wings of white butterflies fluttering upon the surface, dusty sweet jasmine & iris, subtle remnants of anise, warm amaretto liqueur.
BASE: Earthier buttery iris, heliotrope, vanilla, play-doh, soft & powdery violet, with icing sugar.

I wonder whether I am seduced by the Lolita Lempicka bottles. They are so whimsical and full of fantasy yet without seeming juvenile. I really love them and probably should just break down and acquire one of each and every one of the ever-proliferating special limited edition flankers, since the juice inside always smells good, so even though I do not often reach for Lolita Lempicka, I know that it's there.

Awesomeness sent me a sample of this particular rendition, Minuit Couture from 2011, and as usual I have a hard time initially figuring out what distinguishes it precisely from the original eau de parfum. I decided to do a side-by-side test and have discovered that the original has more of that rubbery black licorice scent (à la Twizzlers), while this Midnight Couture Black Edition seems to have more amber and even smells like ambergris to me.

I don't know why exactly I like these perfumes so much, but I do believe that I am swayed favorably by a few factors. First, I love black licorice and licorice root. Second, I love violet and iris. Third, again, there are the bottles. These are constants in the Lolita Lempicka namesake flankers, and I am also happy with the consistent quality of the perfumes of this line, which is much better than I find at some of the corporate-governed mainstream houses.

All of the perfumes from this house strike me as rather linear, and they behave differently under different weather conditions, but I like them a lot on cool days such as today. Sweet without being overly so, slightly gourmand without being quite edible. The Lolita Lempicka perfumes are unique and have carved out their own special little plot of land on the grand olfactory map.

jtd
jtd

I don't know any of the annual Lolita flankers except Midnight Couture.  I'm implicitly leery of flankers. The impetus for the flanker is marketing and sales, not quality, not artistry. Fortunately the original Lolita is a rich starting place for a dynasty of flankers.

Midnight Couture turns out to be an appealing version of the original. It stems from the same set of notes as the original and is equally as rich. It succeeds as a flanker by steering clear of two strategies. The first is simply piling on more of a fav flav (overdosage), most often the fruity-floraliest or gourmandiest element of the original composition. The second is adding a helping of the note du jour, ideally a note that has either an exotic origin or French name.  For example, see any fragrance with oud, cuir, etc. in its name.

Midnight Couture's strategy is simple and clever: make the composition darker yet less mysterious. It may sound contradictory, but this approach is surprisingly effective.  The original Lolita is instantly recognizable, but in terms of notes I can never quite put my finger on it. It's mysterious. Not haunting.  Clever.  It has a surface appeal that might suggest sugar-coating, but there is also an ornate set of barely dissonant notes, a complexity that starts just a few millimeters below the surface, like the literary Lolita, I suppose.

Midnight Couture is deeper in tone, more rumbling than the original. It feels more grounded, more direct. The original Lolita feels coy in comparison.  Midnight Couture has a more compact, tighter feel. The tonka and vanilla of the original composition fall in step with the added myrrh and benzoin. Not surprisingly, Midnight Couture winds up more resinous and less syrupy than the original.  Stripping the composition of its dissonance, and focusing on this shadowy range of resins diminishes complexity, and arguably makes the perfume less conversational.  But any losses are balanced by gains.  If the original Lolita is witty, Midnight Couture has a sloe-eyed, purring quality that lets you relax and not worry about an equally clever reply.

A successful flanker can be the result of any other number of strategies. Midnight Couture (a ridiculous name by the way) Is a careful study of the original. It alters just a bit of the composition, edits and adds very carefully and winds up with the different response to the question that the original Lolita Lempicka answered.

from scent hurdle.com

Miau
Miau

Just got this one and it is weird sugar sweet and powdery on me. After about 20 minutes, all it was left is sweet smell of sugar.
However, when sprayed on fabric, it is totally different and not bad. And it lasts!
The biggest kick I got when I oversprayed it with the Ysatis that I don't like anymore. My bf responded, now,I like this one the best!
So somehow these two stinkers neutralizaed each others and they work on my skin!And last too.
I do like The Forbidden Flowers thou and Si L Midnight is the best.

kjaja
kjaja

Like walking through enchanted forest on a chilly day, sun rays peeking through branches, picking early spring flowers, murmur some melody... with strange purplish, fluffy rabbit behind your back stalking you... (no fear, he is cute :)) Wonderful.

salne
salne

wicked sister of LL!
you know you need this one in your life!
musky, hot and oh so beautiful.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I sprayed the original LL on one wrist and this on the other. While they both are very similar, this one on my skin is stronger and darker. This is my third bottle of LL. I also have L'eau enBlanc and that is also lovely, but completely different from LL original and this. These two are very similar and without a side by side comparison for about 4 hours I would think they smell the same. I just think the notes are moved around here. Sorta like the symphony is playing the same song only slower or louder. I love them all. I love licorice to eat, so no surprise that I love these. All the notes agree with my body chemistry. Lasts all day on me. I can smell it distinctly on me, so I'm sure others can also. Haven't worn either out in public, so no compliments. My daughter hates them. However, she did steal my L'eau en Blanc, so that lets you know they are vastly different. Look at Nordy's, Neimans or Bergdoffs online. I think I'm going to devour this bottle within the month. Perfect for winter weather and evening. These bottles are gorgeous and easy to hold and spray. Even though it's perfect for evening I however find myself reaching for it for day, not just an evening out. As one reviewer says BLV reminds her of crocheting doilies I find that hilarious. Whitney Houston wore BLV...now can you imagine Whitney Houston crocheting. I adore BLV, but it is much closer to the skin and more quiet. Opposite of Ms. Houston, who could boom out a song better than anybody, but I digress. Love it!

Rose_Noire
Rose_Noire

This is by far my favorite LL flanker.
It's an unusual, wild, offbeat, gothic, heady scent. It invoked my imagination and made me feel confident.

I found it heavy on the benzoin; it's one of those scents that heat up on your skin. The myrhh and licorice stay strongly while the iris and vanilla choose to be mellow.
It doesn't have the girly, playful, whimsical elements of the original LL. This one is sexy, confident, bold and intense.

There's something very bittersweet at the first spray, kind of like almond liquor and burning leaves, but it warms up in about half an hour and brings the iris forth.

The bottle is amazing and it definitely represents the scent: dark woods, golden poison ivy, burnt black leaves, mysterious night.
Sillage and lasting power is fantastic, just like Midnight Couture itself.

mhubbard
mhubbard

Oh yes, this is gorgeous and being a life-long LL devotee, I had to have it, but when it came out several years ago it was quite expensive. I placed it on the back burner of my mind. Suddenly, one day, while researching something else, there it appeared, price much more reasonable. Is is wild, sexy, indescribable, with odd licorice and anise notes found nowhere else, just like LL? Yes. In fact, it is very much a somewhat more intense LL, which is fine but left me a tad dissapointed. Unless you are an insane LL fan and must have every flanker, although this stuff is wonderful- you may not need it if you already have LL. I know, heresy, but time and money are finite in our world. BTW, they are nothing at all like Angel.

karolina30
karolina30

Wow this is definitely not for the fainthearted. I had never heard of Lolita Lempicka before stumbling on the Midnight Couture. This is one powerful perfume that I do adore but would suggest if you are not into heavy lingering perfumes, do not try. I love it as I am a keen fan of any oriental fragrance but the ones I find suit my skin the best are the oriental vanilla ones and this one ticks all the boxes for me. There is just a hint of a lingering smell that I can't place that reminds me of Jean Paul Gautier's Classique, which I also wear. Midnight C. is another, like Classique that seems to stay on my skin for hours - I love the heady mix of the licorice, vanilla, benzoin. As you can tell, I am not a 'floral' girl at all so this is one perfume that ticks all the boxes for me

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

Of course the bottle is alluring, even smelling leftovers on the spray area is alluring but once on my skin it turned into an undetectable mess. It may just be my PH. The powder dry down as pretty and really really powdery on me. Just as I'm exhaling I detect that undetectable smell that is almost mossy? Like mildew mossy on me. I wish I loved it. I'm reading everyone else speak of anise. Although I don't smell anise like a straight licorice scent, I did have a bad experience with Absinthe. Maybe that's it? No, it's definitely the fact I feel I'm in a moldy forest and someone has sprayed powder room spray to cover it up.

DocTales
DocTales

The bottle is stunning! To be able to appreciate the scent, one has to have an obsessive love affair with licorice. It is honestly all I can smell. Granted, it is a very unusual scent, and I like it - for the first 30 minutes. After that it is like a licorice napalm bomb exploded and there is no way out! I would love to love it as I find the bottle adorable. However, I could not exist with that smell following me around until the next shower. This is one of the fragrances that I love to smell a whiff of occasionally, but not for several hours several times a month or a week. Fantastic flask though, but I already said that!

Soutty123
Soutty123

I love this because I love the original LL.

This is exactly the same. I just paid an extra £20 or so to get LL in a black bottle.

This morning I sprayed the original and Midnight on separate tissues. Kept sniffing and couldn't tell the difference.

Aha! I thought. All will be different once I try them on each wrist.

Nope. I honestly can't tell the difference other than Midnight has a bit less ooomph. Which is strange because it's marketed as an evening perfume so you would expect it to have more oomph rather than less. If anything this is like Fleur Defendue without the cherry notes.

I will definitely test the next Midnight fragrance before I part with my hard earned cash.

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

The scent is sooo yummie, for me the best in the LL line. It is sweet, but not too sweet en has a milky soft drydown. It last for hours.. all day long.Good work!!

rasia
rasia

Oh, I wanted to like this so bad. The bottle is so beautiful, I love Lolita Lempicka designs. But it's just sooooo sickly sweet, it smells like some kind of cheap perfume - something you could buy from a super market. An instant headache.
I'll give it a try again next winter, I hope it agrees with me better during cold weather.

Shwets
Shwets

This is exactly how the reviewer below describes this luxurious scent. Imagine the original Lolita Lempicka edp with the rough edges of the ivy and licorcice ironed out. The smoothness of this scent is intoxicating. Reminds me of an evening fragrance whereas the original is fresher and can be worn day/night.

The Midnight flankers are so confusing! I have tried the Midnight versions (with red decoration, gold decorations)and Midnight Noir. Midnight Couture is by far my favourite.

I must say that on me this is lighter than the original. I like both formulations very much but if i had to choose then Midnight Couture would be the winner.

poivrerose
poivrerose

This is the only LL that has ever worked on my skin, and I think it is absolutely beautiful! In contrast to the previous review, I think that the absence of anise and violet, makes this ever so much softer and more feminine than the other LLs. It is sweeter and more sensual. I tried this without any notion of the notes, and honestly, I would have thought that it definitely had heliotrope, or possibly even cherry in it. There is something special, unique, and inexplicable about this. The liqourice note is so gently sweet and pleasant. And the dry down is so smooth and finds a way to stay clean but still sweet -like a soft, creamy, honey milk bar soap! It lasted well over 18 hours on my skin which I find amazing. It is not loud or intense however. Somewhat close to the skin with sporadic gentle reminding puffs of scent. So very pretty.

marella001
marella001

This is the first Lolita Midnight that I have not loved. Actually, I don't truly even like it. There is no hint of violet in any of the notes and it is sorely missed. The initial spray is muddled and smells almost musty with none of the clear notes typical of the Midnight additions, and this does not improve until well after the dry down. For all the talk of the licorice it is not really distinctive and the signature violet and anise notes are sorely missed. There is nothing terribly interesting after a long dry down, but the lack of the musty quality does improve the fragrance considerably though it still lacks any of the sharp distinctive notes that we are used to getting and finally we are left at the end of the day with only a creamy vanilla. I will say that the general staying power was much improved over 2009's Eau de Minuit version in the red bottle. However, it is unfortunate in this case that the the scent ranged from unpleasant to unremarkable. I found this to be a completely surprising and disappointing version of my favorite perfume.

StarMagix
StarMagix

I do love this one too! I have so many Lolita Lempicka scents now and I love them every one! I love the black bottle and I think it will keep the fragrance fresher, longer than some of the clearer decanters would. There is something different about this fragrance but I am unable to put my finger, or nose on it. ;-) I do not think it last as long on myself as the L. edition does but that may be my inability to continue to pick it up on myself. There is a bit of mystery to it that the others do not have and I like that about it. I will be reaching for this scent very often.

jaa456
jaa456

I love the bottle! I feel like I'm spritzing a potion and maybe I am. The licorice is enchanting and smooth.

This is so much more wearable than original LL. Doesn't have that praline note, which I found hard to get past.

Similar to Jasmin Noir, except it's warmer and lasts longer.

This is a playful nighttime fragrance. Lasts all night long and even longer on clothing.

nora elia
nora elia

I would buy it just coz the bottle!!

nicolel
nicolel

I love this! I have this and the original LL. For me, smelling it on my skin reminds me of cream soda! With the violets and the powder I find this a strange conclusion. Speaking of violets and powder, this is how BLV Eau de Parfum II Bvlgari for women SHOULD HAVE smelled! This LL is the way to do violets and powder not like the BLV, which makes me feel like I should be crocheting dollies while rocking in a rocking chair... this LL is young, vibrant and sweet but with a complexity not often found in the usual young vanilla scents. It is sexy yet comfy, heady yet soft. This is my HG. So much so, that one night, I sprayed it on myself before going to bed, and now I can't sleep without it on.

Carlito
Carlito

A PERFECT FRAGRANCE!! Theres a heaviness there, but its not overwhelming. Im also a smoker and wear lots of leather and it changes and syncs BEAUTIFULLY. A+

pauluch3
pauluch3

Top: Ivy, Anise, Myrrh
Middle: Violet, Iris Concrete, Jasmine
Base: Tonka Bean, Vanilla Infusion, Benzoin

This edition is on a par with other Lolitas. The consistency of releasing flankers that still remind you the classic is remarkable. I still think that the classic LL is the best.

The bottle is gorgeous! The black apple that represents gloomy and mossy fairytale forest in the autumn midnight air.
***

mimi88
mimi88

oh i love the bottle beauty

suile
suile

I liked this one - the liquorice, rubbery, spicey thing - but was somewhat put off by a son's comment that the last time he smelt something along these lines, he was doing an armoured vehicle maintenance course in the Army.

Ladies young enough to care about attracting men may wish to bear this in mind.

Don't get me wrong, because this fragrance is perfectly nice, but I was very disappointed that it smells nothing like the Eau de Minuit I've been on a quest to track down.

I find this perfume to be a tad lighter, fresher, and much more wearable than the original LL, yet still seems to have the same staying power on the skin. It thankfully lacks the notes in the original that I can't tolerate, like praline.

I don't like the fact that this (as well as the original) seems way too similar to Angel.

In the end, it's really not my cup of tea, so I will try to sell it on eBay.

samara2
samara2

When I saw Midnight Couture in its black bottle, i just had to have it. I like all LL fragrances, especially last year limited edition (that one was really different from all previous LEs). and I was slightly disappointed to find out that it's nothing like Minuit Noir. i agree with Mad-Lainey, yes, it's very close to other Eau De Minuits i have in my collection, especially Minuit 2008. The bottle is gorgeous as all "Lolita"s. It's a keeper.
PS:I bought mine at Neiman Marcus.

deyutzu90
deyutzu90

yes, is a limited edition for Christmas time only. Every year they do a new one... In Canada is available at The Bay... Buy it quickly.. I think, in Montreal we have no more already :(

Xenia
Xenia

Honestly, lovely bottle.
However, not at all what I expected from LL. My signature perfume is "Lolita Lempicka", the classic one, and when I bought this, I asked myself "why". I feel that nothing is special about the scent and it's not at all as long-lasting on me as the classic one.
Really disapointed to say that I wouldn't recomend it to LL fans...

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Midnight Couture reminds me strongly of other Eau De Minuits of Lolita Lempicka.
It isn't different in any way from predescesors.
It is strong on licorice root, benzoin and myrrh - the jasmine is also present but it is quietened down by these notes.
The bottle is impressive, Lolita Lempicka strives for perfection and unique designs and she does it well - when I took the bottle out of my handbag this afternoon, half the crowd from my office ran to my desk to see the flacon :-) and obviously have a sniff :-)
Midnight Couture would make a perfect winter/evening fragrance, it goes strong and lasts for at least 7 hours. The silage is perfect.
Midnight Couture is not as edible as LL signature, it definitely falls into oriental category but if handfuls of bitter-sweet licorice chunks are not too much for you, give it a try and you will love it :-)
I do!
I just wish Lempicka surprised us with a novelty instead of releasing one Minuit that smells exactly the same as another.
9.5/10

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

I have the original and LOVE the smell. I would want this purely for the aesthetic quality of the bottle alone. Totally cool.

Raquel73
Raquel73

En la web de Lolita Lempicka está a la venta a 85,90 los 100ml.
Esto es lo que en la web explican sobre el perfume:

La esencia de la flor de regaliz voluptuosa
Un acuerdo-oriental goloso, un olor más carnal y sensual de la primera. feminidad vibrante esta Eau de Parfum se ha enriquecido con las notas más noble, más valiosa e inédita:. mirra, jazmín, iris concreto, Benjuí y la infusión de vainilla L Eau de Minuit y su esencia voluptuosa de flor de regaliz, deja una estela de intenso y misterioso.

cdz28
cdz28

I'm sure I won't remember the name but I will remember the little black bottle.

outofocus
outofocus

I agree that the bottle seems gorgeous.
I'm sure the fragance is well worth a try.
But the name... OMG, the name is just plain ridiculous, it has more words that English Royalty's surnames. Neurologists, I guess this could be used as part of a memory test!!
Please someone tell LL Marketing Dptm that three words must be the absolutely max.
Anyhow, if I manage to retain the name, I will try it when I see it on the store.
;)

Rouu
Rouu

wow what a bottle ! it takes away my mind :O . i want this !

Scarlet.Anemone
Scarlet.Anemone

The bottle is oh so gorgeous!!

Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka 4.33 out of 5 based on 257 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lolita Lempicka Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lolita Lempicka Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Midnight Couture Black Eau de Minuit by Lolita Lempicka represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.