Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Minuit Noir Lolita Lempicka for women

Minuit Noir Lolita Lempicka for women
dislike

Lolita Lempicka adds a new member to her fragrant collection in October 2010 - limited edition Minuit Noir, inspired by the first fragrance of the house of Lolita Lempicka, Le Premier Parfum launched in 1997. Its composition is built based on the first fragrance with accentuated stronger, sexy notes.

Fragrance Minuit Noir was created as oriental-woody with enhanced notes of liquorice, iris, violet and patchouli, available in a beautiful black flacon decorated with golden ivy leaves. The fragrance is available as 100ml Eau de Parfum limited edition.

iris Patchouli Violet Licorice

Sensuelle

Minuit Noir Fragrance Reviews

po
po

I tried Minuit Noir while having reached to the conclusion that all the apple shaped licorice based Lolitas are safe bets for me. Well, to put it upfront this is the exception to the rule.

The patchouli here is raw, oily and medicinal. Along with the already broody licorice and nothing to balance the combo out the outcome isn't pleasant.

Smells like a dark unisex experimental niche to me and I don't mean it as a compliment.

Juliana6
Juliana6

This is like hot, instantly warming, sweet (but not too sweet), dark red winter drink with some spice and some alcohol added to bring a freezing soul to life again. I smell a dark, concentrated licorice, some black currant notes ( not listed and maybe existing only in my imagination due to the associations with that hot drink) and a bit of cherries in liqueur. In this hot drink I don't find any patchouli ( and maybe it's good), so if it's there, it's so shy and well blended that it doesn't destroy all that thick, mysterious wonder I like to taste sitting near the window in a small cafe, watching the rain drops running over the window pane and dreaming.

stevolution
stevolution

Oily, dark and not very sweet. It stays rather close to the skin, so it doesn't really jump out at folks like Au Masculin can do. It's very unisex, if not more on the masculine side. I find that it's very different from others in the "minuit" series. Worth it...if you can find it.

Olia_Aroma
Olia_Aroma

Smells pleasant, but sort of obtrusive. After 5 minutes of wearing it I get tired. It screams "I'm here" and doesn't let me just to enjoy. Nice, but egoistic perfume.

JenAtticus
JenAtticus

This smells like Jagermeister spot on. Yes, the licorice flavored hard liquor. I was very excited about this so I tried a sample at Sephora of this and the original and all I could think about was bad parties in my brother's garage. I smelled BAD. I guess I like to eat licorice more than I like to smell like it.

GreyMan
GreyMan

I just received this in a swap. With 2 other Midnight editions already in my collection I didn't go after this sooner. And I was convinced that nothing could be the original fragrance. It seems I might have been wrong there.

Despite the obvious similarity to the original, it's also quite different. It lacks that herbal earthy quality, which I like. But this version is more rounded, darker and at the same time quite mellow. It starts with fairly sharp liquorice but settles within a few minutes. The liquorice remains noticeable, but it doesn't dominate. The perfume is so well blended that no other note stands out, no obnoxious or even noticeable patchouli, in case you were worried. It has a delicious cozy quality without smelling edible or immature.

The most ironic detail about this is that I hate liquorice outside perfumery. This is an unreserved recommendation to anyone to get their hands on this beauty. I'll probably hunt for another bottle myself.

monamonib
monamonib

itried this one in fact it start as abomb of licorice for five minutes then it dry down to very soft version of origin lolita but not as sweet as it is then it disappear although when ismelt it on papper icould not stand the smell but next day iwent to the shop and try on my skin and the result was what iwrote above and finaly as other say what stay long in your body may be doesnot stay on my body always try perfume in ur skin

FairyDust
FairyDust

Tried this on my husband and he said although he doesn't think it smells feminine (though he loves it on me), it's not something he would wear only because he prefers more complexity. This is thick, intoxicating black licorice, very linear. I don't get any sharpness at all, just creamy black licorice....very dark and heady. My husband actually loves QUEEN by Queen Latifah for its creamy spiciness and thinks it should have been marketed as unisex. I agree! That one smells wonderful on a man! I, however, LOVE Minuit Noir on my husband, but I will just continue to wear this one for myself, and I DO!! I get tons of compliments when I wear this. Longevity is wonderful, just one spritz for the whole day, and MONSTER sillage!!!! I LOVE it!

MonarC
MonarC

I would like to know, if this can be used like unisex?! I heard it's strong and sharp frag...

CHOCAHOLIC
CHOCAHOLIC

I would recommend it only for special occasions as it is a rich scent that is TOO strong. Of course, it lasts for ages and its excellent lasting power is a major advantage. I don't think that it has similarities to the original Lolita Lempicka, since it's not sweet or floral. In my opinion, it is a scent that has been made in order to revealthe hidden parts of sensuality and free our mysterious spirit...
I bought it without even testing it as I am a huge fan of the original Lolita Lempicka and I asssumed that this would be a richer version of the initial one.Fortunately, I bought it at a great discount, otherwise I would have regretted this. Although I get compliments when I wear it, I am not always in the mood for it. If this was less intense, it would be a perfect perfume for the cold winter nights.

samara2
samara2

Norgirl expressed everything I would say about this fragrance.Dark moist forest-oh, yes. It is beautiful, dark and cozy like a cashmere sweater ; it is chocolaty(it doesn't smell like chocolate, but it has the same kind of richness). Love it.
I have original LL and several limited editions. Although i like them all, this one is different, the shape of the bottle is the only similarity they bear, in my opinion. Beautiful!

karlee79
karlee79

this smells exactly like those black licorice pipes you buy at costco in the big pack, mixed with some violet to make it even stronger licorice, with a tad of iris and a pinch of patch. Not such a good description. The dry down is reminiscent of the original lolita, it has a creamy drydown that isn't as edgy as the first hard core licorice spray. I love this, as I love love love strong black licorice. This is nice and unique for sure.

missymary
missymary

Really mixed feelings on this; I am a huge fan of the original so I bought this version blind on-line, and yes it's a sweetly DELICIOUSLY strong licorice, but zero sillage and it fades after an hour into a poor vanilla! The original lasts all day and has good sillage. Don't get me wrong,I would not have missed this divinely beautiful version of Lolita Lempicka, and I can live with the low sillage for it's close dark softness, but it's sad that after an hour it's gone,like Cinderella at midnight. It should be re-named Lolita Cinderella at Midnight!!! Oh, if only it lasted, SIGH.

junior halston
junior halston

eek this is heavy. it is like they took all the good and amped it up way too much. a man could wear this it is very unisex or a very strong woman.

Norgirl
Norgirl

after having this for a wild now. i love it more and more . It not the kind off perfume i wear everyday . but this is truly a gem when i feel i need some cosy perfume , something to share me up . i go for this . it makes me feel sexy, strong and very feminin:)
the Liquorice is very strong yes , Dark and mysterios whit the Patcholi. Like in a deep dark moyst forest.
the Iris Lingers and makes it feminin, the Violet is not very strong , but i can feel a little off its sweetnes to.
This is a long lasting perfume for shure . this i spray one and it lasts and lasts all day , even better staying power then the Original .In the end when its realy settled . (hours one the skin)its a lovely Vanillic, chocolaty smell left on my skin , realy jummy. but it is a bit strange , some times its there and sometimes it just disaper befor i get to that stage . In colder weather it stays Whit the vanilla feel (i think)
i realy love it .

Realy good to spray together whit the original aswell to make the Licuorice stick out a little bit more :)
I would add to the note to thouse who like the Original and expect this one to smell like the same type off liquerice , Its note the same . this one is darker and more true to the Natural Licuorice :)

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Wow, now I know what 'licorice' means in my language, Dutch. This smells just like black licorice, nothing more, nothing less. I kinda like it but I wouldn't buy it, I think...

Silhouette_
Silhouette_

I happen to like the smells of both licorice and Play-Doh, which are the two main things this evokes for me. Blasphemous as it may sound, I might even pick this over the original LL when asked which one do I want to spray on. Still, I'm probably not going to buy either one, so Minuit Noir will remain just that - something to try on when I'm feeling a bit childish.

puddley
puddley

Crikey, tried this today in Selfridges to continue my licorice obsession. Shocked to find it smelt truly awful on me.
Upon application and later in the dry down it smelt overidingly like burnt rubber and plasticine. I'm not sure if heliotrope is contained in this but it had the same sort of cloying whiff as the Etro Heliotrope fragrance that has the same effect on me.
I'm a fan of scents that mean business, but this heavy experience has left me feeling sick through about 8 arm washes!

raewi
raewi

I tried this at the drugstore, and i liked it.
But the most thing im concerned about is whether it is longlasting or not. I need a sweet ( but not too sweet )strong, seductive perfume that actually matches my age (15yrs).
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS?
PLZ write more reviews about its ( sweetness, strenghth, long-lasting, seduction, and its balance.)

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

Not very different from traditional Lolita Lempicka, but heavy on the licorice note. To be honestly, I thought there was some coffee note on the top notes!

minousdepoes
minousdepoes

I have bought this one blind, and i don't regret it.
I was a little bit afraid because of the reviews, it has a dark start, pretty heavy, the licorise is pretty strong at first, but later on it became softer, but still strong enough.
There is no fish smell imo, i realy like this one.
The drydown is the best part.
The next day a delicious soft caramel smell had left on my skin.

jasonx
jasonx

This one smells so masculine, I'm immediately hooked the first time I smell it. Very dark and sensual. It should be released as Lolita Lempicka au Masculin Noir though.

However, the base is kinda boring and generic which keep me from purchasing a full bottle

Kate33
Kate33

I love licorice, but also for me it is the equivalent of sweet smell of black licorice fish, from the beginning to the end of salty liquorice. Terrible smell. It's really a pity it was something like produce. You can not use it unfortunately.

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

I expected an enthralling Fairytale Noir because limited editions of LL often are more intriguing that the original one, the more puzzled and disappointed I felt. The fairytale is completely lost here and I agree with the SA who said it’s a new twist of Lolita (not a repetition of the previous ones). Suddenly I got a clue what this puzzle is all about: this Lolita Noir took a John Galliano turn. Its iris, violet and patchouli (the common notes they share) are suspiciously accentuated in a John Galliano style, but still sound herbal- dreary. Neither gourmand, nor gothic.

P.S. From June 2011:
1. I've re-tried it and started feeling some not related to classic Lolitas originality one might like once she/he gets used to, once forgets the primary source.
2. I'm not being mean, just have seen at basenotes, quoting: "Demachy began his perfumery career at the age of 22 and his first “olfactory composition” was used in “a perfume for a certain type of fodder to give to horses to improve their appetite. It was based on licorice.” :)))

kini
kini

I am a HUGE fan of most LL perfumes, but this one was all black licorice to me, yuck. I thought it might just be the top notes, but no, the licorice stayed. I have been gutted to find that the other limited editions were indeed limited, because I tend to like them better than the first scent, but this one I left on the shelf!

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

OK, so, this one should come with a warning label. If you're not a big fan of black licorice, don't even go near it!

I am, however; even though my cranked-up blood pressure keeps me from eating licorice very often, it's still one of my favorite things in the world.

I'm not sure why they even bother to list any notes in Minuit Noir other than licorice - on me, this is the fragrance equivalent of a big bag of black licorice candy fish, from beginning to end. And while I love licorice fish, I wouldn't particularly want to wear them as perfume. So this one gets both a big YES and a heartfelt NO from me.

I did find the perfect use for Minuit Noir, though. See, something in my chemistry eats up all the gourmand notes of the original LL, leaving only ivy, patchouli and old dirt. But with a base coat of Minuit Noir, it's just perfect!

And just by sniffing some Minuit Noir, it'll be almost like eating licorice, as often as I want!

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Sweet Jesus! As much as I love literally all Lempicka's fragrances, I cannot understand why is the designer house releasing the same fragrance all over and all over again????
Mercy!!!!!
I have so far tried 4 different Minuits and they ALL SMELL THE SAME!!! Why put exactly the same juice into a different colour bottle?
With all due respect to Minuit - which is a little pet in my perfume collection - I am tired of trying yet another Minuit that smells just the same as predescessors!!!!
Ms Pividal - you are better than that, so stop clowning around and copying your own fragrance just to make more money and create something that will get us down on our knees like you did with your signature fragrance and L de Lolita instead!
Amen.

Blaga Navy
Blaga Navy

This one is quite sticky, oily, warming, dark, mellow and mysterious.. I guess it can be more appropriate for brunettes..

Minuit Noir by Lolita Lempicka 3.76 out of 5 based on 121 ratings and 28 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lolita Lempicka Minuit Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lolita Lempicka Minuit Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Minuit Noir by Lolita Lempicka. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Minuit Noir by Lolita Lempicka represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.