Designers » L » Chypre « Groups

Crepe de Chine Long Lost Perfume for women

Crepe de Chine Long Lost Perfume for women
dislike

Crepe de Chine Long Lost Perfume for women Pictures

Crepe de Chine is originally Millot fragrance from 1925. Provocative and fascinating, it is a true classic.

Top notes: neroli, bergamot, basil, peru oil and aldehydes. Heart: gardenia, ylang-ylang, sage, Otto rose, chamomile and jasmine. Base: sandalwood, musk, oak moss, vanilla, vetiver, patchouli and benzoin.

Available as 3.5, 15, 30 and 120 ml EDT.

Neroli Peru Balsam Bergamot Basil Aldehydes

Jasmine Gardenia Ylang-Ylang Rose Lilac Chamomile

vetyver Musk Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Benzoin Vanille

Chanel No 19 EDP
Quadrille

Crepe de Chine Fragrance Reviews

9154mf
9154mf

I have a genuine vintage bottle to sell if interested please message me.

betchadam
betchadam

I had to throw it away. Used to use Crepe de Chine in the 60's and loved it. This is NOTHING like I remember. It was awful.
The closest perfume I can find close to what I think I remember of Crepe de Chine is Pheromone by MM.

Loifeel
Loifeel

Nothing like the beautiful and great original CDC by Millot.

eveclair
eveclair

I have a vintage sample of this..it is divine. Many fragrances with floral and aldehydic notes go awfully wrong on my skin..this does not. The balsam is very pleasant. It does go powdery, but somehow maintains this amazing balancing act.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Crepe de Chine Long Lost Perfumes
I’ve never been the type to go to the Renaissance Festival, but one of my best girlfriends goes every year. She is an expert seamstress with a background in theatre and believes in making historically accurate costumes; however, since she is also a belly dancer, her costumes have an opulence and flair that stands out. She looks a lot like a wood nymph in a flowing crepe de chine dress with mossy flowers in her beautiful long blonde hair. In her dress, she could easily play the fairy queen in Shakespeare’s A Midsummer’s Nights Dream, but the 1920s version with the hand tooled art deco jewelry and head piece over her light green dress with gold trimming.

This fragrance suits that costume perfectly. It’s the most feminine light mossy green scent next to vintage Chamade that I have ever smelled. It’s not a deep green like being in the center of a pine forest, rather a light green like being in a forest meadow at dusk – at that hour when everything is gold just before the sun sets. It smells decidedly vintage, but it’s an extremely soft, feminine chypre. This is not flat green either. It has an effervescence with an opulent gold shimmer, as if the ferns in a fern grove were covered in a light glittery gold fairy dust. As with a lot of vintage perfumes, this one had a strong aldehyde opening. This one was probably the strongest I’ve ever smelled and I nearly scrubbed it off, but I avoided the urge and waited it out, and I am so happy I did. I was richly rewarded with this unbelievable beauty from another age. Simply stunning.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

This review is for the vintage...Crepe de Chine is one of my vintage perfumes that I don't wear very often, solely due to a certain type of powdery note that says elderly to me. Please know that I NEVER use that moniker indiscriminately---I adore old perfumes and wear them daily! There is a specific thing going on with this scent which triggers the response, and I'm unsure which components are doing it. It could be as simple as the fact that it reminds me of my great-aunt's perfume, although I doubt it as I love several other vintage perfumes used by my great-aunts and my grandmother. I have a small bottle of pure parfum from the mid-to-late 1940s, in perfect condition. It improves greatly throughout wearing; though it never 100% loses whatever powder note disturbs me, the lovely base surrounds it and minimizes it. In fact, about 20 minutes post-application, I find it perfectly enjoyable. It's nicely complex, definitely a classic chypre, although sweeter than some. I so enjoy the old oakmoss in it, and the balsamic elements are just gorgeous. Definitely a well-executed perfume, and definitely wearable now, despite the little hitch at the beginning (which may not bother others at all). Moderate sillage and duration. Well worth a place in a collection of vintage scents.

motherbird247
motherbird247

This is enchanting-the vintage version-haven't smelled the reformation. Does anyone get a resemblance to Quadrille when they wear this?

fanny
fanny

This wonderful gem came in today, after I found it this weekend on the net. An Almost full 120 ml bottle... for 20 euro. I am one Lucky B.
Now, I am a collector and lover of heavy orientals, woody, spice and all, but sometimes I crave for a fresh (not harsh) chypre. Crepe de Chine is going to be my new best friend in that category. How delightfully light yet present, other-wordly yet realistic, how new and yet ancient this mossy scent is.
One Long Lost Perfume has come home.

gazelle
gazelle

Years ago, I too used Crepe de Chine and loved it. I knew nothing about notes. I just loved it. I finally ordered the current formulation. Not disappointed if I douse myself with it. Doesn't have the same potency I remember, but hey...lucky if I can smell it two hours later. It brings up the romantic in me. For now, I'll get all the enjoyment I can of this classic.

teaweed
teaweed

The aldehyde opening is refreshing, without the slap that happens when they're used immoderately. Bergamot is detectable. Then a cool chypric harmony with subtle floral and green undertones. Kiku describes it perfectly as, "floral without being sweet and green without being bitter." As the fragrance develops it gets warmer.

I assumed the name was simply part of the Orientalist vogue of the 1920s, but smelling the perfume, I find it apt. Crepe de Chine has the familiar oakmoss huskiness (that I love in chypres), but there's a slithery quality to it, very much like crepe de chine fabric.

I've never worn this before, or known anyone who wore it, but it smells somehow familiar. Crepe de Chine has an eternal loveliness articulated with retro style.

Sillage and lasting power are both excellent.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Years ago, this was my fragrance; I was in my early twenties, and just loved it. Now, as my perfume interest has grown, I wanted to try it again, to discover, of course, that it was long discontinued. I have a vial of the vintage, as well as the long lost perfume version, and have finally been able to compare both together.

Vintage version starts out much warmer; it is a green chypre with a wonderful mossy undertone, and without the bitterness that many green fragrances share. As it develops, it became a touch sweeter, then developped a soapy note. Unfortunately, it was fairly short-lived; three hours later there was nothing left...but it is truly wonderful!

The LLP version starts out with a blast of green aldehydes, much sharper than the original. Thankfully, the scent develops from a crisp green to a warmer, just slightly sweeter green note, and in the dry down there is the wonderful, oaky green chypre that crepe de chine reallly is. Sillage is reasonable, and the longevity is good as well.

So, while the vintage version is a more classic, elegant scent, the LLP version is quite wearable and a decent interpretation of the original.

Kiku
Kiku

Crepe de Chine by Millot was one of the great perfumes. It should have a place of honor on every dressing table. It was floral without being sweet, green without being bitter. And the coolest fragrance ever, it could take the heat off a sultry day. This version by Long Lost Perfumes is not bad. All the notes are there but too weak to make an impact. Millot's Crepe de Chine was really rather intense. LLP's version is a case where too much would have been better. Spray this on before going to bed. It's a great scent to take you off to sweet dreams.

Kterhark
Kterhark

(Original review, not Long Lost's version)

I"m at a loss why this went out of production, but it did, so there you are. With today's restrictions it wouldn't have fared well anyway, so it's probably best that it went in peace.

But I would put this on the short list of 'top 25 best perfumes of all time'. In 1925 Guerlain released 'shalimar', and we can only wonder how the these two compared in their original glory.

Chene is basically a pitch perfect green chypre. It is so vibrant and rich. The aldehydes are kept at bay, thankfully, and the florals are very discreet.

This scent smells like life to me, as if a bolt of electricity was buzzing about your person. They just don't make 'em like this anymore. Please, please let this oakmoss crap be a replay of the Coca-Cola disaster; and soon we'll get a big apology from the industry when the old formulas are restored and the term 'classic' is slapped across all bottles.

Try Chene if you can.

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

When I was in high school, I boldly asked our Indonesian history teacher (who, herself was Indonesian)what her perfume was and she told me "Crepe de Chine." I then went to the local chemist and asked for a sample vial (which you got for free back then) which I kept for ages, using a little every now and then. When I started work years later, I bought it....but it's hard to get now. It's a stunner.

Crepe de Chine by Long Lost Perfume 4.31 out of 5 based on 51 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Long Lost Perfume Crepe de Chine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Long Lost Perfume Crepe de Chine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Crepe de Chine by Long Lost Perfume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Crepe de Chine by Long Lost Perfume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.