Designers » L » Chypre Floral « Groups

Maroc Long Lost Perfume for women

Maroc Long Lost Perfume for women
dislike

yellow floral

Maroc, a perfume from 1987, originally belonged to the Ultima II brand. Top notes: coriander, cardamom, geranium, rosewood, bergamot, and aldehydes. Heart: Otto rose, jasmine, orris root, gardenia, ylang-ylang and lily of the valley. Base: sandalwood, musk, patchouli, vetiver and oak moss.

Available as 3.5, 15, 30 and 120 ml EDT.

Geranium Cardamom Coriander Bergamot Aldehydes

Ultima II

Maroc Fragrance Reviews

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Vintage version by Ultima II.
Wonderful masterpiece chypre, better than Sisley de Soir, longevity is amazing. Nobel elegance. Where are those days that you could get inexpensive gorgeous perfume, that is better that moder days crazy priced niches? Great perfume did not have to be expansive, rather have a beautiful aroma then a name and pricy fancy bottle with a short lived smell.

rttoronto
rttoronto

MASTERPIECE 10/10.
Maroc by Ultima II is a rose chypre of the highest order, one with an intoxicating animalic heart. I wish more people would have the chance to smell this beauty as it is now discontinued. I won't comment on the Irma Shorell version as I have not yet tried it but I can update this comment once I do. There really is no substitute for this stunner but you may also enjoy Paco Rabanne's La Nuit and Halston Couture by Halston, both 10/10 for me as well (although I give Maroc a slight edge over both of them). Also to some extent similar to original Paloma Picasso and Magie Noire but only in it's vintage form for the latter. Several people have mentioned a resemblance to Aromatics Exlixer and there are similarities but only in that they are both chypres that feature rose in a predominant way, the overall effects after sprayed are quite different with Maroc having a very seductive nighttime vibe.

nikoz
nikoz

I bought a 56g/ml bottle of the original eau de cologne today,frosted roundeded square bottle with turquoise stripe round the lid!its ok I suppose but it reminds me of Cliniques Aromatics elixir...If I knew how to sell anything on ebay Id get rid of it!!!

aurorab4
aurorab4

My daily 'go to' in the 80's disco era, this truly was a find of all time. It was relatively inexpensive, the bottle was large enough to last quite awhile, and it had the unanimous "what are you wearing, it smells amazing!" factor that is hard to find.

I have searched high and low for Maroc by Ultima II, but alas it is no more. Unless you want to pick it up on ebay where I've found it for $149 to $299 a bottle. While it's probably that good...I simply can't bring myself to pay those prices.

I will search for the next best thing.

Lara517

I'm a bit confused! My MIL wore Maroc back in the '80's and the bottle and box were completely different. A lot of green and turquoise on box.

It was a wonderfully clean scent that was quite mezmerizing indeed. It would last all day on her.

I LOVED it, yet could not purchase it because, WHO wants to smell like their husband's mother! Too oepdipal (sp) for my liking, LOL!

My wonderful MIL has passed away and I would love to have a bottle, just to smell it as a memory of my dearest, sweet friend, my mother in law. The sense of smell and memory are so closely tied together that one can instantly be transported to a different time and place.

Bli*tinki
Bli*tinki

I love this MAROC by Long Lost Perfume! Even if one agrees or doesn't agree that it's smells like the vintage Ultima II version or not...this is a beautiful well formulated affordable Parfum, and the silage is perfect for me lasting hour after hour. Oh, I only spray a precious little, that's all I need.

Long Lost Perfume are formulated with love & passion, the basenotes are pure, natural and balance to the senses, I feel and smell so wonderful and pretty when I wear Maroc and this is what it's all about. Lovely perfumes can transform us, uplift us.

This Marco smells exclusive and ritzy. When first sprayed it's sharp and powerful, and suddenly it starts to quiet and soften, then OMG all of a sudden it turns into a mezmerising alchemy of aromas that simply grounds you and the kicker is it didn't cost $$$$ a arm and a leg (don't tell anybody). Congratulation Long Lost Perfume job well done on a LOVELY Perfume.

Schnoz4Scents

The Original Maroc only came in a frosted rectangular bottle with emerald green stripes around the gold cap. Beware of imposters.

Schnoz4Scents

Maroc is a favorite scent I wore in college that my boyfriend loved. It actually was available in 1985, two years earlier than what is stated in the description. Wish they'd bring it back - I've never found anything close to it.

gazelle
gazelle

After I experienced Long Lost Perfume Crepe de Chine, I wanted to try another one or two. Maroc had an exotic name. I couldn't wait to try it. I'm not disappointed in the edp as such because I like the floral and oakmoss notes. It reminds me of the current formulation of Ivoire-lacking the depth I found in a lush vintage. I won't be going out of my way to find a vintage Maroc. I'll take LaMarocs recommendation that it is worthwhile in its current formulation. It will dress up my dark jeans and French crochet sweater this winter. Where was I when Ultima II was releasing Maroc that I missed it altogether?
What was I thinking? It smells wonderful, after third day. Now I'm wondering is what surprises the vintage may reveal.
Feb.2, '13 I am litterly gushing with excitement over Maroc. It is one luscious long lasting perfume. I wraps itself around my throat and arms, and gifts me with ( delirious) pleasure. This just agrees with me. I did not give it a fair review when I first bought it.

LaMaroc
LaMaroc

I wore the original by Ultima II in the 80s. I loved it dearly while I wore it, during one of the brighter times of my adolescence, so I am hugely nostalgic for it. At a time when Maroc could not be found even on eBay and, in a fit of longing, I bought the Irma Shorrell version directly from her website (longlostperfume.com). When I received it, I was elated because nothing - not even Coriandre by Jean Couturier - could come close to replicating this for me. I could detect the most important notes for me: geranium, coriander, jasmine, vetiver, patchouli, oakmoss, but most importantly, the rose. It was the champagne desert rose fragrance I remembered it to be.

However, after wearing it for a few days, the nostalgia wore off and I became more critical. First, it was *way* more powerful than I remembered. But I thought this may have been my nose's lack of exposure to the powerhouse perfumes of the 80s. The I realized that the concentration I had been wearing in the 80s was a cologne, though it was the most substantial cologne concentration I'd ever worn. The I.S. creation was an eau de parfum. Maybe this is the difference? But I was missing some aldeyhdes, too. And I didn't remember gardenia being in the original. This was skewing more towards an unctuous muscat fruitiness not the brut champagne rose chypre I remembered.

Well, I still wear it frequently and enjoy it, but there is always that feeling that I'm not quite wearing the fragrance I was expecting. And whereas I could wear the Ultima II version without creating too much of a sillage wake, the I.S. version I wore mostly at home or when I was outside all day because I had comments from friends & family how overpowering it was.

Not too long ago I purchased a wee 1/4 oz. bottle of the original Ultima II Maroc on eBay at not too outrageous of a price. (Thank you to the seller for not gouging me!) Even though it wasn't the lovely, frosted, rounded-square bottle I remember, as soon as I popped the lid, I was there. 1987. Bam. I even got a bit of a headache from it but didn't even care, I was so happy to experience that smell again. Luckily, it is strong enough that I only need the slightest dab because I'm going to need to ration this little baby!

I don't mean to disparage the Irma Shorrell version. It is an extraordinary, I dare say super-human effort and accomplishment that she managed. It is a fantastic fragrance on its own standing and I wildly applaud her efforts not just in this one but in several of her other recreations (the doppleganger of Crepe de Chine, the even-better Chaos imho, and the scrumptious Bakir). If you are nostalgic for any of these fragrances or maybe have never smelled them in the first place but want a more affordable way to enjoy vintage fragrances, I recommend these without hesitation. If you, like me in this particular case, are intimately familiar with the original, you may want to spring for a decant, partial or mini bottle of the original like I did but lavish yourself in the extremely competent reproduction.

(Sorry this review was so long, but as you can tell this fragrance is very dear to me and, I believe, what truly launched me into my obsession with fragrance.)

mcmisik
mcmisik

I have worn Maroc since it first came out in 1987. It became my signature fragrance and security blanket. Now I can not find it any place. HELP

Maroc by Long Lost Perfume 4.50 out of 5 based on 19 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Long Lost Perfume Maroc fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Long Lost Perfume Maroc, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Maroc by Long Lost Perfume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Maroc by Long Lost Perfume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.