Designers » L » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Ares Lord`s Jester for women and men

Ares Lord`s Jester for women and men
dislike

Ares Lord`s Jester for women and men Pictures Ares Lord`s Jester for women and men Pictures Ares Lord`s Jester for women and men Pictures

Ares Eau de Cologne.

"The legend: God of war and bloodshed, the smell of Ares was unabashedly brisk, aggressive, and tenacious.

The perfume: Packing a real punch, Ares is long-lasting too. It's a twist on amber, with a distinguished middle section and spicy top notes. Fifteen notes."

Top:
Rosewood, Petitgrain, Petitgrain sur fleur, Cedar, Fir, Pink pepper

Heart:
Rose, Jasmine, Lavender

Base:
Benzoin, Labdanum, Vanilla, Ambrette, Styrax, Ambergris

Ares was launched during the 2000's. The nose behind this fragrance is Adam Gottschalk.

Petitgrain African Orange flower Virginia Cedar Pink Pepper Brazilian Rosewood Fir

Lavender Jasmine Rose

French labdanum Amber Styrax Benzoin Vanille Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Ares Fragrance Reviews

this is very animalisticly sweet at first. weird. it dosen't take long for that to die down and then it basically turns into a natural smelling light sweet skin scent. i really don't find it peppery or spicy. the vanilla is very dominant, but not in a strong way. it lasts barely over an hour on me. not a huge fan of this. its just ok. daphne is still my absolute favorite from this line.

instantjim
instantjim

I have been remiss in not reviewing this fragrance earlier. Like all of Mr. Gottschalk's creations it is masterful. To me the petigrain, pepper, floral notes and vanilla are the most dominant. The combination of these is reminiscent of a sweet tobacco, which I like very much. The longevity is nowhere near that of Daphne, which is not surprising as it is an edc.

krmarich
krmarich

POW! This is a powerhouse of natural perfumerie. It opens with petit grain and suggests aldehydes-they are nowhere to be found in this legendary composition. A natural and romantic heart heart that holds onto your hand like an old friend. Indeed, lavender, jasmine and rose are near and dear to us all.

There is some thing old fashioned about Lord Jesters compositions. I am talking centuries old! Ares seems gentle. I was expecting spices and fire. Its very graceful and classical. A poets choice for daydreaming on warm days...

I am so very happy to finally own some of these wonderful natural perfumes. Greek mythology was my very first passion and to find a line of unisex (I think all scents should be unisex!), natural perfumes based on mythology is the greatest thing since the invention of the atomiser...

Ares caught my attention first, as I am fond of spicy oriental scents, and this is both of those things. The god of war was virile, fierce and bold; though he never took a wife on Olympus, he had many lovers and lots of offspring. Aside from his bloody, warring side; he was also passionate and had quite a scandalous affair with the goddess of love Aphrodite. He was very handsome and acted on impulse...and Adam has caught his essence quite well in this eau de cologne.

The opening of this has soft warm spiciness coupled with elegant woods and slightly bitter greens touched with the lightest floral sweetness. The heart notes are gorgeous and despite rose and jasmine the lavender keeps it very masculine, and it is very sexy. The drydown is fantastic with the warmth of bezoin and the richness of ambergris and labdanum. Ares was fond of Thrace, a very rugged, arid land in Asia Minor and I believe he would have approved of this fragrance! The styrax and ambrette give it an ancient feel and the powdery vanilla smooths it all together. It is a very dry, sweet and spicy scent that dries down to a resinous haze of warmth and virility.

Sillage: good for an EDC
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.5/5

Do not let the fact this is an 'eau de cologne' make you think it is weak, it is not. It has a fierce heart and an overall sexy feel that is heady and spicy, but sensual and exotic. As I smelled it again and again on my skin, it had nuances of previous notes and I just kept smelling my arm over and over, each time detecting light, subtle combinations of the listed notes.

This company is natural, but the scents are not overpriced for the quality you get, and the way this EDC lasts, I can't wait to try the other scents in the EDT and EDP concentrations...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lord`s Jester Ares fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lord`s Jester Ares, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ares by Lord`s Jester. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ares by Lord`s Jester represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.