Designers » L » Chypre Floral « Groups

Fantasque Louis Feraud for women

Fantasque Louis Feraud for women
dislike

aldehydic

Louis Feraud Fantasque was launched in collaboration with Avon Cosmetics in 1982 (this is also the first designer perfume from this company). The perfume is a rich chypre with top notes of pear, aldehydes, citruses, spices, rosewood and green tones. The heart includes a floral bouquet of ylang-ylang, jasmine, lily of the valley, rose and orris root. The base features patchouli, moss, cedar, sandalwood, musk and amber.

Citruses Pear Aldehydes Green Notes Palisander Rosewood Spices

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Orris Root Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber

Tuxedo
Carrera (original)

Fantasque Fragrance Reviews

RaggedyAnne
RaggedyAnne

I have always liked/love Avon perfumes, I even used to sell for them at one time, The perfumes always seemed to be very floral to me, which is not a bad thing, but Fantasque was the first perfume to not smell like 'Avon' perfume. it was the first designer perfume Avon had sold.. I had bottle upon bottle of this in the 80s, and it was so beautiful....I realise that it must have been Fantasque that opened my eyes to aldehaydes, oakmoss and patchouli perfumes, only previously have been wearing flowery Avon scents....
Years have passed and only when I was talking about Favourite Avon perfumes......I then remembered this one I couldnt even remember the name of it, all I could do was describe the bottle.....and someone helped me with the name...and so now I am on the hunt for this precious juice on Ebay, for the sake of nostalgia AND to wear this beauty again just because I love it so much....

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

This review is for a the colongn concentration of Fantasque. When I first put it on my wrists I could barely smell it. However, as it warmed on the skin, the scent unfolded in a way that very much evokes Deneuve (Catherine Deneuve), of which I have a small perfume concentration. But fantasque is a tad, JUST a tad, fruiter. In fact, they smell so similar that if you have been trying to purchase Deneuve and can't seem to spring for the prices that they're charging for it on ebay, this may be a satisfying substitute as it is a beautiful classic chypre full of oakmoss, as well. For an AVON scent, Fantasque (to me) smells of equal quality to the Deneuve and I'm happy I stumbled upon it.

krmarich
krmarich

I stumbled upon a little bottle of this from my Avon stash and have to say it is one the best ever produced from the company. I am talking 100s of random beauties that came out every year. Some were forgettable. Others stood out and became perennial favorites.

Yet Fantasque raised the bar and elevated the brand to new heights. I guess the 1980s needed a fine French designer to push the brand further. This little beauty did just that. My love for the chypre only grows with this heavy beauty.

Aldehydes, oakmoss, vetiver and patchouli present an elegant floral heart that pack a punch. Its well dressed and perfect for evening wear. Sadly Avon has pushed this one away. If you get a chance, try it.

spritzedsilly
spritzedsilly

I remember this ! I loved it so much. It made me feel grown and classy and sexy. I miss it ! I may have to get another bottle. Thank goodness for eBay!

Limpylou
Limpylou

In my mid-to-late twenties this was one of my favorite fragrances... It is tied in with some pretty heavy memories... I have been watching eBay for a steal.

It does last long; is a heavy fragrance. I remember thinking how pricey it was for AVON! I received it for Christmas 1982 as my first marriage came to a screeching halt. And I wore it into my "young divorcee" days!

Ah, youth. I recall it as fresh, unusual and a conversation starter with the boy-men who were crawling the clubs back then.

Perhaps I will try it again.... The fragrance starts out almost too sweet, but softens to a milder, earthy scent.

Fantasque is aldehydic, woody and mossy. It doesn’t have the soapiness that some aldehydic fragrances have. Rather, it has a dry, almost herbal tone to it. After the aldehydes subside, I like the greenness about it. I’m not picking up many florals or spices, it’s mostly woods and moss to me.

wildflowergr
wildflowergr

I fell in love with this perfume at the age of 16 my mother gave it to me when we returned to Greece from New York , I could not find it anyware here . I miss it !!!

MadameBlueMonarch

They have it for sale on ebay. Go get 'em!

MadameBlueMonarch

If you remember Agree shampoo and conditioner, you will have an almost perfect idea of this scent. It had great staying power too. I have a few bottles stashed and I use it sparingly. Every once in awhile, Avon will bring it out and sell it for a limited time. I don't know when the last time they did this was. My second favorite perfume.

Sheridan
Sheridan

I was googling something else today and stumbled across a picture of this WONDERFUL fragrance. It was given to me by my aunt when it was introduced by Avon in the early 80's. Had forgotten how much I absolutely loved it until I saw the pic. I usually shy away from ebay, but am going to start watching it for this one.

My recollection of exactly what made this so spectacular is rusty, and my forte is not deciphering and describing the various nuances of the individual notes, but what I do remember is that it was a powerful, heady, complex chypre; terrific projection and longevity and gathered so many compliments. I have always been a fool for chypres and this was one of the really great ones. Being an Avon fragrance, it did not reach its greatest potential market, IMO.

I remember being so upset when it was no longer available, not unlike my melancholy when the original Armani for women was unceremoniously given the axe! WHY do they kill the truly great ones? This was really good!

agunlejika
agunlejika

One of my most favourite perfumes. wish I could get it again.

Fantasque by Louis Feraud 4.32 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Louis Feraud Fantasque fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Louis Feraud Fantasque, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fantasque by Louis Feraud. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fantasque by Louis Feraud represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.