Designers » L » Chypre Floral « Groups

Fantasque Louis Feraud for women

Fantasque Louis Feraud for women
dislike

aldehydic

Louis Feraud Fantasque was launched in collaboration with Avon Cosmetics in 1982 (this is also the first designer perfume from this company). The perfume is a rich chypre with top notes of pear, aldehydes, citruses, spices, rosewood and green tones. The heart includes a floral bouquet of ylang-ylang, jasmine, lily of the valley, rose and orris root. The base features patchouli, moss, cedar, sandalwood, musk and amber.

Citruses Pear Aldehydes Green Notes Palisander Rosewood Spices

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Orris Root Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood Patchouli oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber

Tuxedo

Fantasque Fragrance Reviews

spritzedsilly
spritzedsilly

I remember this ! I loved it so much. It made me feel grown and classy and sexy. I miss it ! I may have to get another bottle. Thank goodness for eBay!

Limpylou
Limpylou

In my mid-to-late twenties this was one of my favorite fragrances... It is tied in with some pretty heavy memories... I have been watching eBay for a steal.

It does last long; is a heavy fragrance. I remember thinking how pricey it was for AVON! I received it for Christmas 1982 as my first marriage came to a screeching halt. And I wore it into my "young divorcee" days!

Ah, youth. I recall it as fresh, unusual and a conversation starter with the boy-men who were crawling the clubs back then.

Perhaps I will try it again.... The fragrance starts out almost too sweet, but softens to a milder, earthy scent.

Fantasque is aldehydic, woody and mossy. It doesn’t have the soapiness that some aldehydic fragrances have. Rather, it has a dry, almost herbal tone to it. After the aldehydes subside, I like the greenness about it. I’m not picking up many florals or spices, it’s mostly woods and moss to me.

wildflowergr
wildflowergr

I fell in love with this perfume at the age of 16 my mother gave it to me when we returned to Greece from New York , I could not find it anyware here . I miss it !!!

MadameBlueMonarch

They have it for sale on ebay. Go get 'em!

MadameBlueMonarch

If you remember Agree shampoo and conditioner, you will have an almost perfect idea of this scent. It had great staying power too. I have a few bottles stashed and I use it sparingly. Every once in awhile, Avon will bring it out and sell it for a limited time. I don't know when the last time they did this was. My second favorite perfume.

Sheridan
Sheridan

I was googling something else today and stumbled across a picture of this WONDERFUL fragrance. It was given to me by my aunt when it was introduced by Avon in the early 80's. Had forgotten how much I absolutely loved it until I saw the pic. I usually shy away from ebay, but am going to start watching it for this one.

My recollection of exactly what made this so spectacular is rusty, and my forte is not deciphering and describing the various nuances of the individual notes, but what I do remember is that it was a powerful, heady, complex chypre; terrific projection and longevity and gathered so many compliments. I have always been a fool for chypres and this was one of the really great ones. Being an Avon fragrance, it did not reach its greatest potential market, IMO.

I remember being so upset when it was no longer available, not unlike my melancholy when the original Armani for women was unceremoniously given the axe! WHY do they kill the truly great ones? This was really good!

agunlejika
agunlejika

One of my most favourite perfumes. wish I could get it again.

Fantasque by Louis Feraud 4.32 out of 5 based on 28 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Louis Feraud Fantasque fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Louis Feraud Fantasque, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fantasque by Louis Feraud. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fantasque by Louis Feraud represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.