Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

Juliet Love Letter Love Passport for women

Juliet Love Letter Love Passport for women

Juliet Love Letter Love Passport for women Pictures

This romantic perfume, launched in 2009, was inspired by the story of Romeo and Juliet. Juliet Love Letter reflects the romantic world filled with imagination of young girls. The opening of the composition is filled with fruits: strawberry, blackberry and citrus cocktail. The heart features a bouquet of freesia, jasmine, apple, sweet pea and sweet Juliet rose. Musk, dry amber and sandalwood form the base.

It is available as 40 ml EDP.

Big Strawberry Blackberry Citruses Cassis

Jasmine Sweet Pea Freesia Rose Red Apple Tea Lemon

Musk Sandalwood Amber

Juliet Love Letter Fragrance Reviews

I received this off a trade/swap and was initially extremely concerned about how it would smell. There was a very heavy, sticky, syrupy sweet scent that clung on to the bottle cap, and I had not even removed the cap at all! For first impressions, it was already doing very poorly.

Unfortunately, the weather in my country did this perfume no further justice either. I wore it out on a test run on a particularly hot, bright and humid day, but that was definitely the wrong move to make. Upon spraying on the perfume, it was sickly sweet, rather synthetic smelling and 5 seconds after settling on my skin, it had a rather tart or sour note to it, which sadly made me think of body odor immediately. I was not impressed at all, but left it on throughout the day as I went running errands and shopping.

My male friend who accompanied me however, commented that he liked my new scent, and that it was "sweet like honey". This was at least 3 to 4 hours after I had initially sprayed it on.

I decided to give this another go during my full office day, where I would be spending at least 10 hours in an air-conditioned environment. The perfume worked much better in this environment, and instead of smelling syrupy and sticky sweet, it started toning down and I began smelling hints of powdery light floral eventually after the strong raspberry/blackcurrant/strawberry opening bowed out. At the end of 12 hours in an air-conditioned environment, I returned home and found that the smell still lingered extremely softly on my skin and clothes.

Overall, after about 4 uses, this perfume started growing on me. It has an extremely sticky sweet opening, so it would definitely be best to spray it on while you are at home, let it sit for awhile or wear off slightly as you get to your destination. You don't want to assail people in their faces with berries. At the 15 minute to half an hour mark, the perfume would have toned down enough, still retaining a sweet scent but no longer smelling synthetic or tart at all. The opening is nasty for a short while, but don't be put off by it. It actually would be a great scent to wear during cooler days (or colder months for 4-seasoned countries), but I would not consider this to be a summer scent at all. For those who are stuck in tropical countries, try to wear this in air-conditioned environments.

I would still consider this to be a very teenage or young woman scent. I would not recommend it to those who are looking for a "classy" or "sophisticated" sort of scent. This is more an innocent, very girly and sweet sort of scent, although it does "mature" into a slightly more womanly scent towards the middle and end of its life. I personally like wearing it together with Victoria Secret's Revel in Forever Pink (Pink tuberose & Pear) as the floral scent from the lotion pairs well with the perfume. I tried layering it with a purely jasmine edp but this perfume completely drowned out the jasmine edp.

Opening (from the moment it is sprayed on - 15 minutes or half an hour): Sugary sweet, sticky syrupy berries scent which bombards you with raspberry, strawberry, blackcurrant etc. Imagine a bowl of berries with sugar syrup poured over it. Synthetic and almost tart/sour quality to it. Would definitely qualify this as sweet more than fruity.

Middle life (about half an hour after spraying on - 6 to 8 hours): No longer a sickly sweet smell, mainly because it is not so "in your face" strong as the first few minutes. Transforms into almost a more powdery sort of berry smell. After 1 to 2 hours or perhaps 3 hours even, it transforms further into a more mature smelling scent, with hints of sweet pea, and very light hints of rose and jasmine.

End life (after 6 to 8 hours, to about 10 or 12 hours): smells like a light but still sweet lotion on your skin. Also tones down into a very very very light musk scent. Was not able to detect any hints of tea or citrus at all throughout its entire life though.

Application: Given how strong its opening is and how long it lasts on skin and clothing, 1 full squirt at full arm's length on the front neck/chest area, and 1 full squirt at full arm's length on the back neck/back area is actually more than enough. Unsure of the effect of application directly on clothing.

Longevity / Sillage: Lasts really long with 2 full squirts at arms length (one in front, one at the back). Would say it lasts all the way up to 6 to 8 hours, just that towards the end it would be lingering on your clothes and skin. As to sillage, I'd say it's light-moderate as I can definitely smell it on myself, and when I walk by or stand near someone at arm's length distance they can also smell it.

Re-purchase: I don't think I'd actively go out to buy this again. If I got it as a gift as someone again I might use it, but it wouldn't be my go to perfume. It's not a horrible perfume, but it isn't a perfume I'd want to use all the time or often.

Not sure how to give star-ratings, but I'd give this a 3 out of 5 star rating.

I just got this brought to me from Japan this week and have been testing it. It's very sweet - Paris Hilton perfume kind of smell (which I like, btw).
It's not very light or airy as I thought it was going to be, a little heavier but not overly so. I find it pleasant to smell and I like it quite a lot. I wish it's available easily here as it's not expensive and I definitely want to explore more of the perfumes from this producer.

i liked the opening but it was faar too musky for me... it kinda felt like bella belara from marykay

this can be bought at Rukuten

I bought this perfume when I was in Japan and I loved it! Now I have run out and cannot buy it again :(

It's from Japan so maybe you can find it online but not at a store if you're not in Japan.

Juliet Love Letter by Love Passport 4.23 out of 5 based on 15 ratings and 6 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Love Passport Juliet Love Letter fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Love Passport Juliet Love Letter, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Juliet Love Letter by Love Passport. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Juliet Love Letter by Love Passport represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.