Designers » L » Chypre Floral « Groups

Black Jade Lubin for women
dislike

cinnamon
Black Jade Lubin for women Pictures

Black Jade by Lubin is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Black Jade was launched in 2011. Top notes are galbanum, bergamot and cardamom; middle notes are rose, jasmine, incense and cinnamon; base notes are sandalwood, patchouli, vanille, tonka bean and amber.

Galbanum Bergamot Cardamom

Rose Jasmine Incense Cinnamon

Sandalwood Patchouli Vanille Tonka Bean Amber

Oha

Black Jade Fragrance Reviews

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

at first this starts out all spicy, peppery roses, then after a few minutes, the incense, tonka and amber come forth, making this scent even more gorgeous and intoxicating. it's like flowers and incense mingling in the air on a warm day. i think men would smell great in this as well. i am so pleasantly surprised by this scent. it is different than anything i own, and i never would've tried it if someone hadn't suggested it to me. so thank god for that!

only complaint: this lacks staying power on me and i have to reapply.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

"Black Jade" is a fresh green rose that unfurls within a haze of sweet woody cinnamon, cool cardamom and smoky incense, softened at the edges by a velvety vanilla and tonka bean.

It manages to be a double-act that is both soft and demure, yet at the same time, totally sexy and vivacious, like the pretty, mild-mannered girl at a party who surprises you with a racy innuendo and a slap on the bum as you leave the dance floor.

The texture is so inviting. It sort of wraps you in an embrace of warm, sparkly elegance that makes one think of a 1930's ballroom filled with lustrous flapper girls in feather-fringed dresses, drinking champagne.

It's youthful and chic enough to be worn by a younger woman, yet it has a sophistication that makes it wearable for more mature ladies also.

I can't think of any man who would not be enticed by a woman wearing this.

I LOVE IT!

hadassa
hadassa

Black Jade is very well crafted and beautiful. It is not very original: spicy-woody rose is such a popular genre, and there have been numerous takes on it, some brilliant, some less interesting, and to me Black Jade certainly is in the top three.

Black Jade reminds me a bit of Juliette Has a Gun line. Sharp musky unapologetic roses and minty patchouli... BJ is not as bold, it is more refined. However, it is no "good girl" perfume either.

Overall it's very bright and a bit tart, but only a tiny bit.
The rose is enhanced by the spices (loads of cardamom and cinnamon). You definitely have to be into spicy perfumes in order to love Black Jade. It's very savory. Blooming flowers powdered by spicy sweetness, with a hint of something very fresh and sparkling, like champagne and... mint? There's a hint of something green, it makes the whole composition work as a hologram.

All the main notes are well detectable, and the combination of them works wonderfully on the skin. BJ smells like an attractive, well dressed, confident woman. I totally see it on a femme fatale type of person: red lipstick, high heels, mellow voice, light step, and Black Jade.

This is a very modern smelling perfume, so if you are looking for a retro vibe, it's definitely not here.

What is here: French chic with a naughty touch.

cunny2009
cunny2009

I first smelled Black Jade on a testing card and immediately thought "a man can't wear this!", put the card in my pocket and moved on. Toward the end of the day I pulled the card back out to smell it again and I had to reconsider, by the time I should have been going home I was walking back into the store to buy a bottle.
I strongly relate scents and fragrances to memories, events and points-in-time. This fragrance reminds me of a lunch I had to attend at an elderly Lady's house, it was a typical sweltering hot summer afternoon and me being bored went to recline in the sun room. The windows had been left open and there was the most amazing, intoxicating, scent drifting in on the hot breeze from the garden outside. Black Jade puts me in mind of this memory, I breathed in the heavy floral scent and sat in a recliner and slept.
I have to agree with Jordan88888888, this perfume is great on me!

LunaPearl
LunaPearl

Black Jade reminds me of those sensuous, earthy, mystical and dark fragrances of the 80's - Balenciaga's Rumba comes to mind.

It's an acquired smell - This is a kind of scent that grows on you, as it's scent develops over time.

Definitely different - the sort of fragrance a woman in her late 30's would wear.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

I can say that I agree with a few other reviewers that Black Jade is a nice scent, but for my taste I like a little more.. Something. Rose, vanilla, berry, here we have most of Yves Rocher Rose Absolue, then add cool bergamot & some vetiver- there we have something akin to Dior's Midnight Poison. How interesting, this perfume really does smell like several others I've tried.
Now-let this not mean it isn't pleasant, its well balanced, well mannered, inviting, and for MP lovers, or lovers of YR Rose Absolue, this would be naturally a great choice. Even for most lovers of rose in general. Black Jade isn't offensive, and almost reminds me of an Armani creation in its polished manner. However, for myself, I love a little more punch, so this well mannered beauty will stay by the wayside. Nice perfume, but rather generic IMHO as well.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Nice, classy floral with sweet, opulent, replica of Dior midnight poison that was discontinued.

dbrii24
dbrii24

I had high hopes for Black Jade but this was not the grand spicy rose I so desperately wanted it to be. For starters, maybe it's my skin chemistry but this fragrance faded on me before it had the chance to unfold. This has never happened to me before. My skin holds fragrance well and I haven't changed my diet or anything. Unfortunately Black Jade was transparent on me. It was very light with no silage at all. It's almost as if it wanted to develop into a showstopper but it didn't quite know how to take the stage. From what I could smell, I got a safe smelling semi-spicy floral that lacked depth and promise. Bummer.

antfarm
antfarm

From all the rave reviews I had high hopes for Black Jade.

Never in my life have I smelled a perfume that smells so much like every other perfume. It is almost kind of amazing in its genericness. It defies description not because it is so unique or astounding, but because nothing about it stands out at all.

I don't dislike it, I don't like it...I am just kind of in awe of it--Black Jade is like those faces in the Michael Jackson "Black or White" video that just morph into other faces, but have no real identity.

Black Jade is the doppelganger of almost everything on the market. It's the "one size fits all" of perfumery.

It didn't take long for me to fall head over heels in love with Black Jade. This fragrance to my nose is a complex rose chypre, with an array of delicious spices, amber, incense and patchouli.

If you enjoy fragrances like Dior's Midnight Poison, YSL's Opium for Men, Amouage Jubilation for Women and Bond No.9's West Side, you'll more than likely adore Lubin's Black Jade. It's quite a rich, heady scent, one that boasts a lot of sexual prowess.

I most enjoy wearing Black Jade on a cold Autumn day. The cooler weather really brings out this fragrance's complexity. Every time I sniff my wrist, I discover another dominant note, another fascinating accord.

The rose note in Black Jade is rather dry and tart-like, a little like potpourri. Cinnamon, cardamom and vanilla adds a touch of gourmand sweetness, before the patchouli and incense finishes it off with a masculine, earthy vibe.

It's a fragrance that would appeal to both men and women alike. I have been known to recommend this fragrance to men. Black Jade is also confident and bold, not a scent for the shy. The sillage can pack quite a punch.

As much as I would like to believe that this is what Marie Antoinette wore back in the 1700's, I'm not so convinced. I picture her in a powdery floral, not a heavy-hitting, spicy rose chypre. Speculation aside, Black Jade is a fragrance well-worth discovering.

saguna
saguna

I deleted my last review, because now I know the reason why I was feeling so much oud. It was coming from my nose, because I smelled before dueto perfumes and probably stayed in my nose, ha ha.

So.. back to Black Jade, I used it again today, rainy, moderate cold day. It gave me this feeling like CHERRY COKE, bubbling, sparkling, cherry coke. The fragrance later turned to sandalwood and patchouli, but I could detect cinnamon as well.
For me, it could only work on cold and rainy days, I can't imagine to wear it in sunshine, but it's quite unique scent.
lasting power - 4-5 hours.
Not sure if it's worth its price.

neenets
neenets

If I didn't know the notes, I'd say the floral component has been made with magnolia and lily-of-the-valley. It's just so fresh, delicate and a bit green under all those layers of spice and wood. It is such a beautifully blended creation. But way too elegant for me...must remain its sad, devout admirer.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

this perfume is beautiful.. when i first opened it i was surprised to believe that it smelled very similar to Coco Chanel but this is more brighter and livelier..a more youthful version...first you smell a fresh citrus lemon scent mixed with cardamom..its the cardamom and the bergamont that gives it that fresh zingg to it..you can smell the velvity rose slightly on top and the amber and cinnamon brings this sweet spiciness to it that is simply amazing as it eventually takes over...this is a wonderful blend of natural notes that exilirates the scenses...what a remarkable perfume..i feel so special to have it.

"Love," "Like," and "Dislike"? Isn't there an option for "Obsessed"?!

This has got to be the most incredible French perfume I've ever smelled. It might actually rival my precious CHANEL No. 5 in my eyes. It's exactly the kind of perfume I love--SweetnSpicy! I smell a ton of bright, acidic bergamot supported by fragrant green cardamom pods. Then comes a bouquet of magenta roses flanked by a heady dose of spring-fresh jasmine. I smell just a touch of cinnamon about an hour after I spray (it develops over time)...sooo beautiful! This could become my signature scent.

I don't quite understand how this can be considered a chypre. There is nothing really earthy or green about it. Patchouli is probably the weakest note here, if it's detectable at all.

I know people can wear whatever they want, but this perfume is SWEET, so I would only recommend it for men if they are the adventurous type.

O, Black Jade, thou Goddess of French perfumery, I kneel before thee!

go-desssmile
go-desssmile

hmm..not my favorite, not the style of perfume that I normally gravitate to, though I thought I might branch out and take home a sample to experiment with. It has this high note of sweetness, maybe it is the amber jasmine combo, for me, not uplifting, just a bit annoying. It does not warm up or transform for me, it is just sweet and spicy. I think I will pass it on to someone else to wear.

kris919
kris919

Allegedly this was made note by note based on a bottle of perfume Marie Antoinette had owned/possibly worn. not sure about that but... This is just a well blended quality spicy incense-y floral. There's nothing unique here, I've smelled these same note groupings in several other perfumes. That being said, this is defintely nicely done, lovely, and seems to last forever. The one thing that doesnt make this full bottle worthy to me is a strong jasmine note I'm not a fan of, and the sort of expensive price tag for something that smells like alot of other perfumes.

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

I absolutely love this perfume! If anything is worth spending over $100 on it would be this one! I bought a sample out of curiosity since it was made by having a computer analyze the ingredients in a bottle of perfume that Marie Antoinette had. Oh my gosh did she have wonderful taste. This is an elegant, refined perfume. I can smell the spices, amber and vanilla. This blend of notes is put together so well that it is like giving your nose the kind of experience your ears get when you listen to a classical masterpiece! It is long lasting too, about 8-10 hours. I think it is best for fall and winter wear. This is on my want list. Dear Santa, ......... ;)

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

When I think about Marie-Antoinette, Versailles and that whole period, I think of citrus, herbs, and spices. If this is indeed based on a perfumed developped in that time frame, I would be very surprised indeed.

I know these are not the notes, but on my skin I got an overwhelming dusty (cardamon) opening, and then...something between pineapple and tobacco leaf...I know, a confusing mix. There was nothing subtle, nothing interesting, just loud, brash fruity notes. I actually tried to wash it off!! And, of course, as with any perfume that you don't like, the longevity was unfortunately more than I wished for.

I had such high hopes!! Glad I did not buy unsniffed!!!

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

This fragrance is typical for Lubin: exotic and spicy, but very French.
Pierre-François Lubin loved to travel and for that time he even has been to Alexandria.
He had a passion for the Middle-East like his Master Fargeon who created this fragrance first for Queen Marie-Antoinette.
This is a fragrance made for a queen: elegant but sophisticated! Black Jade is not just a floral fragrance but a very rich composition based on "Le Petit Trianon", where the most beautiful flowers bloom in the whole of Versailles. The French Jasmine and the Roses are starring in this creation which is very pure and rich.
Black Jade is top quality, not compromising on the use of the best ingredients.
It is a classical fragrance that develops layer by layer and changes second by second.
Like with every other perfume it needs to suit you and it is a question of taste.
As it is launched on the American Market as first, this creation will have is devoted lovers and haters. In my opinion Black Jade is a bit too French and European to become very mainstream on the American market. But this makes it even more interesting because it is a creation that moves you and evokes emotions.

Five Star rating! Is not been launched outside the USA yet besides Harrods. Black Jade will become a very big succes in Europe, for sure!

MizLiz
MizLiz

Okay, who else bought this for the Marie Antoinette angle? However true or not true that story may be, Black Jade is fantastic. It opens with cool spices and citrus, but quickly blooms into an animalic rose and jasmine bouquet: Think Joy, only drier, spicier, and woodsier. I can't wait to spray this on my scarf when Autumn finally comes around!

Kterhark
Kterhark

This is the scent of Marie Antoinette? Yeah, whatever. Here's how it wears on the minions:

When I opened this, one thing and one thing only hit me: the horn heavy opening of Joe Cocker's 'You can leave your hat on'.

Cardamon, cardamon, and cardamon. Hot, spicy and sweetly dry. This scent isn't suggestive at all, nope; it boldly states its meaning. If you sniff deeply you'll get cinnamon, which I don't approve of, and a whisper of jasmine. It is incense and simmering spices that take the stage.

It's not as long lasting as I'd like, and if you took it out for the evening you'd need to reapply. Gents- don't shy away from this one. I'd think '(comment hidden for decency's sake)' if I smelled this on a man.

And he could leave his hat on.

Black Jade by Lubin 4.20 out of 5 based on 115 ratings and 21 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lubin Black Jade fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lubin Black Jade, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Jade by Lubin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Jade by Lubin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.