Designers » L » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Gin Fizz Lubin for women

Gin Fizz Lubin for women
dislike

Gin Fizz Lubin for women Pictures Gin Fizz Lubin for women Pictures Gin Fizz Lubin for women Pictures Gin Fizz Lubin for women Pictures

“A fresh and flowery chypre with lemony top notes over an aldehyde and musky base.“

Gin Fizz by the house of Lubin has been on the market since July 2009 (actualized by Thomas Fontaine), in amounts of 50 and 100 ml EDT. In 1955, one movie star captivated the crowds. To the entire world she was the embodiment of American elegance and her mysterious charm even captured the heart of a Prince. To honor of her extraordinary beauty, Lubin created a perfume which marked the decade: An extremely chic fragrance, sparkling and fresh, evoking that year’s most fashionable cocktail, Gin Fizz.

The fragrance was first created in 1955 by celebrated perfumer Henri Giboulet as a tribute to Grace Kelly in the year she won an Oscar for her role in The Country Girl. The name is inspired by a cocktail that was in fashion at the time in the American bars of Paris, and was synonymous with joie de vivre and a fashionably festive lifestyle.

The nose behind this fragrance is Henri Giboulet.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Mandarin Orange Juniper

iris Jasmine African Orange flower Galbanum Rose

Vetiver Musk oak moss Benzoin Lily

Gin Fizz Fragrance Reviews

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

Cotton clothes sun dried on a line in the country, whisked from damp by a slow summer breeze.

After a few minutes, there is a slight fresh home made lemonade vibe to the fragrance, and it definitely goes a little fizzy - truly fulfilling its name. There's also an ephemeral quality to it - it's a ghost of a scent, there, but very quickly moving between faint and not. Haunting the skin.

It's quite pretty, and reminds me a little of the Clean and Philosophy brands, though classier with a little more fun.

Lana148
Lana148

Gin Fizz was a love from a first sniff for me.

I like green fragrances, but it is hard to find something original and feminine at that genre.

Gin Fizz is aromatic, light, green, citrusy, a little floral, aquatic-like, with some gin notes to round it up and make it interesting. It's perfect - fresh, feminine, unique, like nothing else out there. White floral notes are very gentle and subdued, just the way I like it.

The fragrance feels like some aromatic mist, a veil, silk scarf - gentle and lady-like. Great for warmer weather.

There is certain classy vibe about it, but it's modern at the same time. I love it as I love most of Lubin's creations - one of my favorite perfume houses.

This is a review for the new, reformatted 2009's Gin Fizz.

BlueMarine
BlueMarine

Airy and bubbly- so fresh and clean that almost anyone could wear this.

I was curious about the relaunched perfumes of this historic brand, and sampled many from the 3 main lines, Gin Fizz stood out as far easier to wear than the other Lubins, for me it's an instant Thumbs Up. Bravo to Thomas Fontaine (the nose who updated the old formula)

A breeze of citrus evolving into a soft white bouquet, nothing ostentatious but universally likable. Gin Fizz is an unobtrusive type of everyday scent, particularly suited for hot summer weather. Whether this is worth the price tag is another matter. I took the plunge and got a small bottle with no regret.

drooling tomcat
drooling tomcat

A citrusy, fresh scent. This is the first fragrance I encoutered whose name reflects the actual scent. You can understand why it is called "fizz". It gives you an optimistic feeling.
I like it very much.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

"Gin Fizz" is a zingy, fresh, herbacious scent that is totally unisex and an invigorating tonic in the summer heat. The only problem is the longevity. Very fleeting on paper and even fainter on skin.

Still, if you've got the money, go for it!

To my nose, Lubin Gin Fizz is a dead ringer for Bond no 9 Eau de New York. Or perhaps I should say that Eau de New York is a dead ringer for Gin Fizz? Either way, I doubt that there was any plagiarism going on here. The Lubin is apparently another of this house's relaunches of a perfume first produced many decades ago (in this case, 1955).

But by now this has become something of a genre, it seems to me. Orange blossom and neroli mingling with citrus, woods, greens, a touch of moss, and some clean (laundry) musk. A very pleasant combination of scents to my nose and perfect for congested public places even in summertime--and even in New York City! The juniper in Gin Fizz is not at all noticeable as an independent note, as I'd have thought from the name of the fragrance.

I like this kind of composition in summertime. A less expensive example of the same genre is Banana Republic W, although I should say that it apparently does not work for everyone--another hit and miss in the designer category. (Some reviewers have compared W to the scent of bug spray!) In the case of these niche varieties, in contrast, there appears to be much more dependability--at a price, of course!

Nesia
Nesia

If you have ever lived in the country you will understand what I mean when I say that this smell reminds me of freshly washed bed linen drying in the sun and country wind. To me it has this specific fresh, soapy, laundry smell. I've just come back from the country where we celebrated midsummer. I so wished I had it with me there. It's a perfect scent for a summer weekend or holiday in the real countryside, an old cottage surrounded by flowers and herbs. Very gentle and subtle and yet intriguing and not banal.

antfarm
antfarm

Gin Fizz smells of Sprite lemon-lime soft drink being poured into an ice cold glass, Lemon Pledge, and dryer sheets. I find it very uplifting, tangy-fresh, bubbly, and unusual.

Like others have mentioned, its only flaw it that it is just not potent enough. I wish Lubin could take Gin Fizz and multiply it by two. Then I'd be a huge fan.

Cereza
Cereza

"Gin Fizz" is a nice fragrance, but unfortunately it doesn't bring anything else to the table.
Opens with burst of citruses followed by juniper and floral notes of lily of valley and small hints of rose. It is sparkly, so I do get the "fizz" reference, but unfortunately juniper here is so soft that it does not remind me of "gin" at all, which in this case is a bad thing as it would make this a bit more interesting.
It stays close to skin and the longevity is kinda bad, after few hours is gone.
Worth a try, but in my opinion, not full bottle worthy - many of this kind with higher quality out there.

arabrabsotrab
arabrabsotrab

Surprisingly after initially hating it, I turned into loving it especially with a rose scented body cream from Lush that I also initially hated :D They are perfect together! I have them both now :)

EllGee315
EllGee315

Absolutely love this scent, but it dissipates VERY quickly. You can go through a bottle of it in no time flat.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I am normally not much of a citrus note person, but I like this fragrance. It really has a fizzy feeling and scent. It's like champagne in the drydown. In the top and heart notes it's very much like a caparhaina drink or a mojito, delightful, fizzy and relaxing.

I found this to be a very happy, uplifting fragrance and I love it. It does last, but the fizziness goes away after about an hour. This one would require re-application. But I like it so much I would be happy to carry around a small decant for that purpose.

stefanie.vieweg
stefanie.vieweg

I got a nice sample size of this and was excited to try it because it was designed for Grace Kelly.
At first I got a burst of sharp bergamot and citrus notes. That got mmixed with tree scents, if you know what I mean... After the drydown it somehow reminds me of 4711 :(
I washed it off, because it was a little annoying.
IMO it is suitable for 70+, but not for younger women. I don´t see Grace Kelly in it at all!

Soft Cells
Soft Cells

Fresh but sophisticated, not the usual lemonade sprayed on . Well structured, part citrus is gently filed down from the flowers and gently sweetened .
A great fragrance for women and men.
One flaw: it's not longlasting on me .

sunshine2079
sunshine2079

i have it but down to my last spritz and it seems now there's only one place i can buy it from in London. Beautiful scent that was reccommended to me by a good friend with good taste. It's a great daytime perfume and attracts alot of attention, though no body has actually come up to me and said i smell great, but i see the looks as i walk past...hmmm juts tre-read that, and could be becuase they don't like it??lol No i think people do like the smell, it's different to what's currently on the market.

kris919
kris919

I've wanted to try this since last summer when I first read about the reformulation. At the time, I was on a quest for the perfect citrus scent for me. I finally got around to ordering a sample. This is a beautiful scent, it really is. Yes, it's a citrus aromatic, so there's nothing complex or unique about it..but sometimes a light fresh clean pretty fragrance is all you want. Is there gin? Well, the juniper berry gives off a little illusion of it. It's defintely soft & intoxicating. <-- I realize that seems like an intentional pun, but I assure you I'm really not lame enough to write a bad joke like that on purpose. Gin Fizz smells sophisticated and very pretty. Perfectly blended and top notch quality. The drydown is gorgeous and a tad shampoo-y. Is there fizz? No. Does it last? No, all the reviews are right on, it goes away on me after only 2 - 2 1/2 hours. What a shame, because this works really well on my skin and can totally be my summertime fragrance. I think I may want it even tho its fleeting...it's that nice.

TillyWave
TillyWave

The concept of this is rather nice: a perfume that smells like a sophisticated topshelf cocktail, drank in a dark, leather accented lounge where people wear black dresses, pearls, suits, cufflinks, etc. Think of a bar scene in Mad Men or something.

I was hoping for the bitter, astringency of gin, with sharp citruses that sting your nose. Nope! The citruses here are sweet, and floral, and there is a pleasant woody undertone to it all. I can detect a gasp of a sharp alcoholic note, but it's faint and around the edges.

What this really reminds me of--and is almost dead on for--is Estee Lauder's Pure White Linen Light Breeze, a woody aromatic citrus that is bright and refreshing and reminiscent of cold can of 7 UP. Mind you, people wearing pearls, expensive black dresses, consorting with slightly mysterious men that have just handed them a strong cocktail, are not out in the city for 7 UP, especially at $120/50 ml.

Belgianbear
Belgianbear

So happy to found Gin Fizz back after 40 years!!!! Still a huge citrus perfume! Yes normaly it's a women perfume .... But it's great too for guys! The other great esperide scent for men is Balmain for men .... Gin fizz is more subtil and floral. A master piece for the sumer. My note for Gin Fizz ' 10/10

A thin and almost unscented concoction of juniper and citruses aimed to reproduce the infamous cocktail's smell. Maybe in 1955 it was sort of groundbreaking as one of the first "light" perfumes, but today we're getting sick of inconsistent scented-aquas! 30 minutes lasting power.

LuzForm
LuzForm

I like to wear this while I cocktail serve. It gets me in that gin and tonic sort of mood!

I tested quite some of the Lubin scents, but they are just not my type. I find them somehow old-fashioned and they often have notes I don't like.

imoore

It is a little sister of Mitsouko
for the under 50 generation!

imoore

I have the old one, and it is more of a chypre than a citrus like thank GOD, the mentioned lily in the base is smoked lily bark though, which gives it a nice mature kick. The edt lasts for 4 hours max. no regrets.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

Tried a few sprays of this recently and I was very impressed. A fresh, clean perfume and I would even go on to say invigorating. It certainly wakes your senses. The top notes contain a bright fresh citrus and then the flower notes take over giving this perfume another dimension. The base notes are beautiful blended and end perfectly with a very gentle lily. I found it very longlasting on my skin, a good five hours. A Beautifully blended perfume and I hope to treat myself to it one day. Grace Kelly apparently wore this perfume in the 1950's, all I can say is this tells you how classy and beautiful this perfume really is.

NatWeb
NatWeb

Beautiful and light - a great crisp citrus summer fragrance that would be hard for anyone to dislike. It's not long lasting though and by the time you finish your gin and tonic, Gin Fizz will be gone. For the price, that's a problem.

Apparently it was Grace Kelly's fragrance.

Gin Fizz by Lubin 4.17 out of 5 based on 114 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lubin Gin Fizz fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lubin Gin Fizz, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gin Fizz by Lubin. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gin Fizz by Lubin represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.