Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

Indiscret Lucien Lelong for women

Indiscret Lucien Lelong for women
dislike

Indiscret Lucien Lelong for women Pictures Indiscret Lucien Lelong for women Pictures

Indiscret by Lucien Lelong is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Indiscret was launched in 1936. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean Carles. Top notes are mandarin orange, galbanum and bergamot; middle notes are tuberose, iris, african orange flower, jasmine, ylang-ylang, rose and geranium; base note is woodsy notes.

Mandarin Orange Galbanum Bergamot

Tuberose iris African Orange flower Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose Geranium

Woodsy Notes

Old Spice Original

Indiscret Fragrance Reviews

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

Going off other reviews I am unsure which version I actually have as it appears there are big differences.
The version I have (large decant) came from a bottle that looked very similar to the bottle shown in the picture but with a different lid, and the box was totally different, being black with gold curved lines decorating it.
The version I have (and am wearing today) is certainly not what I would describe as "fruity floral". It is not sweet at all.
I would describe this as being a vintage type scent, less common in modern perfumery. The galbanum is very present in the opening, with a very green note, amongst classically done flowers. I could not easily say which flowers, admittedly I am a bit snuffly today but I have worn this before. I think there is ylang, jasmine, something that feels like some kind of yellow florals, very heady and extremely feminine.
This feels like a big, glamourous, voluptuous scent to me. Something to wear for a night out - not a night out in the sense of pubs and clubs and dancing, more fancy meal in posh restaurant followed by theatre or something. It feels like "old money", something you would not be surprised to smell on a passing well-heeled lady, yet is completely accessible too - I love wearing this and am not yet 30.
I like this, it doesn't smell like anything/everything else available. Longevity is pretty good at around 7 hours, although I have noticed I sometimes become a little desensitised to it while wearing and find it less easy to discern on myself, although others have commented on it even when I cannot smell it, and I smell it on my clothes the next day.
This is really beautiful. Don't be put off by the fruity floral, I don't get any fruit, just classy, glamourous florals.

therealpaloma54
therealpaloma54

This page needs some clarification. The bottle shown at the top, a recent incarnation is in fact a very fruity floral, and has no relationship whatsoever to the original Indiscret by Jean Carles. Fragrantica should really clarify this. I have had both kinds of Indiscret. The original one, smelled obviously so many years after it was made, was a green juice, came across like a spicy floral scent with some refreshing green notes in it. I have no idea what was in the base, but I don't believe it was leathery and it certainly wasn't a cedar chest type of base either. It was simply divine, and a type of perfume that hasn't existed in probably 40 years. The new Indiscret as shown above is basically indistinguishable from the hundreds of fruity florals which have been cranked out since the 1990s. Heavy and sweet and fruity. Not my bag.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I bought a collection of nips from Ebay (it was a set produced for the US Air Force recruiting, Lockbourne Air Force Base, Ohio and probably dates from the 1950s I think. OK, I know its a collectors item and I should keep it, but it's perfume and perfume is meant to be worn!). Anyway, this was one of them. It is very 'vintage', a strong and intense fragrance that bears little resemble to todays 'fruity florals'. The nip only contains about 3 drops, but one of this would be enough. It is very full on, a wall of scent, not at all subtle or discreet. The initial notes on me are spicy, very spicy, overwhelmingly so-its carnation, clove and cinnamon. There is also a bitterness to it, not too sharp, but no sweetness at all. It does calm down after about an hour to produce a more rounded and smooth woody note with a hint of soft violet. It lasts and lasts and last, and the sillage is...well, all the way to the other side of the room really!

To me, this is a 'love it or hate it-no inbetweens' fragrance-its powerful, feminine without giving an inch, this is screaming "Diva coming through!' at me. Interesting, not sure I'd wear it again or track another sample down but I enjoyed the experience.

drummagick
drummagick

I got a couple very old packs of perfume nips earlier this year. There was one nip of Indiscret in one of the packs so I thought I'd give it a try tonight. One drop is VERY powerful! I'm getting some orange and lots of geranium in the opening. The first thing I thought I smelled was rosewood, but I don't see that in the notes. As time goes on, I'm getting something akin to violet now, is that the iris? I'm not familiar with iris scents, but I do have some orris root powder which smells strongly or violets. Heavier florals are coming up now, its starting to smell of ylang, it has a VERY vintage smell now. I think this is going to be one of those perfumes that gives me headache, so I'll give it a rest and sniff more later and see what the base is like.

Ok, now about an hour later this had dried down to a lovely soft wood and powder. There's a flower here too, must be the orange blossom. Something here reminds me a little of the drydown of Bal a Versailles. Completely different from the earlier perfume. It brings to mind a cashmere sweater or an alpaca shawl, warm and comforting. ;)

OlfractalInfemme
OlfractalInfemme

I was lucky enough to discover some unopened ampules of this perfume c. 1950 at an antique store. Wonderful, sweet creamy powdery woody musk. Lots of iris, a bit spicy. Glam to the max!

fazalcheema
fazalcheema

I also have vintage Taglio, Tailspin, Sirocco, and Parfum N in parfum versions but Indiscret is my favorite of all even though Parfum N comes close...

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I would love to try the new version, and as I like to see the old houses continue, I might eventually. I have had a package of nips for a while that I finally broke into an hour or so ago. One nip later, I had been through the kitchen earlier, was back in the bedroom and my husband came in to ask if I was burning incense. Now, that's sillage, folks! Yes, it does indeed have a resin, incense, smoky quality that keeps it from being fruity/floral girly as you might think from the description here. A nip that has been completely sealed and protected from light is about the closest to the original scent as you could find today. I don't know what the darkened vintage versions will be like, but you can bet that I am going to find out as soon as I can! OMG, this is glorious and unlike anything I can think of. I don't get the orange or bergamot at all, I do get the geranium and galbanum. Lauren Bacall, huh? I love being in such company. I can definitely see this working for a man or a woman with strength, confidence and purpose.

patriciaenola
patriciaenola

I bought it because I heard Lauren Bacall used it and I wanted to be an actor for the big screen - and I thought she was gorgeous

olga1780
olga1780

I got a 0.25 ml vintage EDP and I really don't know what to think of it. I'm not sure if it's supposed to smell like this or it's changed due to its age, but it does have that "vintage" smell that you would never detect in contemporary or reformulated perfumes.
At first it is super strong, sharp and bitter, but after about 20-30 min it mellows out and has some sweetness to it. It's not by any means disgusting, but I can't say I was enjoing wearing it either.
I will give it another chance but looks like it will be one of those perfumes I will appreaciate from a distance.

cisco
cisco

The day I received my bottle I had a severely stopped up nose and did not like the opening. However, after about 15 minutes the florals kicked in and the fragrance was lovely. It has excellent sillage and longevity. I also do not see this as a fruity floral. My nose (which is now better) smells a woodsy floral in Indiscret.

Another plus about this fragrance is that you will smell very unique. It is hard to find and not sold on the mass market sites. Check the Lucien Lelong official site for information on this scent. They also beat the pricing of the few perfume sites that carry Indiscret.

I must say the more I wear Indiscret the better I like it.

This is not a floral fruity to me, this is as vintage as they get! True classic, ultimate masterpiece, would LOVE to have a large amount of it.

Mals86
Mals86

I own a small bottle of vintage parfum, and found its opening to be gloriously fruity (I seem to smell peach as well as citrus) and opulent. The heart is voluptuous and rich, with rose-geranium, orange blossom, and the creaminess of ylang ylang. I had been unfamiliar with Indiscret before buying it unsniffed, and I was really, really enjoying it... and then the resiny base showed up. I have never been a fan of Youth Dew or Opium or their ilk (no offense to their fans), and to smell the deep bitter notes of resin in the bottom of this scent just ruined it for me. I was disappointed.

Flora55
Flora55

I have always loved this fragrance, and I finally got my hands on some vintage - wow! As Tessture says, it is a whole different animal - not sharp or fruity but deep and spicy. I can still tell that the two are related, but there is a luxurious carnation and orange blossom depth to the vintage that is just enticing. The new version does dry down to a spicy feel after the sharp opening, and I really don't know how many of the top notes are gone in the vintage, though it was never opened until I got it. Either one is well worth trying, as both are very sophisticated.

The original is a smoky, smoldering orange-blossom delight, all slinky curves and powdery decolletage. Love the vintage. Would be interested to see how the reformulation smells by comparison.

CaraMia
CaraMia

I'm a bit surprised to read that this one is being classified as a "fruity floral"! That title always makes me thing a fragrance is light and airy and modern. Indiscret is none of those things. Zero. Like many scents developed during the decade that gave us Garbo and Deitrich and Hedy Lamarr, Indiscret is a full blown floral femme fatale of a scent.

True it starts with a bitsy weeny bit of citrus, but lets not confuse that with fragrances that traffic in melon-ious assault or riotous quantities of sugary pears or raspberry waffles. Indiscret is a grown up womanly scent all full of orange blossoms roses and carnations. It is heavy duty and opulent, almost decadent in its bouquet.
Calling it a "fruity floral" is like calling Louise Brooks or Gloria Swanson "a starlet".

Indiscret is seductive in a straightforward and mature way. It's not an eyelash fluttery giggly scent, it's a romantic "I'm here to be noticed...by you" one. It's a bit intimidating and would not try to be unobtrusive and quiet. The florals are big and inrusive and the sillage is first rate.

I love this scent.

Indiscret by Lucien Lelong 4.40 out of 5 based on 43 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lucien Lelong Indiscret fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lucien Lelong Indiscret, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Indiscret by Lucien Lelong. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Indiscret by Lucien Lelong represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.