Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle Lucy B for women

Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle Lucy B for women
dislike

Lucy B launches Royal Collection for holiday season 2010, inspired by the natural beauties of Australia. Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle is a deep and exotic fragrance. It opens with notes of peach and honeysuckle; the heart is composed of jasmine and patchouli, amber and cashmere form the base.

It is available as 50 ml EDP as 10 ml perfume oil.

Honeysuckle Peach

Jasmine Patchouli

Cashmere Wood Amber

Song In D Minor

Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle Fragrance Reviews

Sorayya
Sorayya

That is so strange I read the reviews and some do not smell the honeysuckle I get a LOTS of it!! AND amber!

This is one of my favorites and it's long lasting on me.

Carnelian
Carnelian

This is a sweet, mellow but rich scent - I have the EDP which I think really is different from the oil. The name is a little off, descriptively. It's not a resinous or earthy amber, it's light, oily and sweet. For the sake of comparison, to me it very much echoes Karl Lagerfeld Sun Moon Stars starting off. What I get is a hint of something fruity, unnamed white flowers and light woods. Any patchouli is light, it has to dry down a bit to catch and then it's not a main note, but gives it a little more personality than it would have otherwise; it that lingers in my nose for a bit, just long enough to discern that it's there. A tame amber for the beachier set, I think. Thankfully it stays away from being a "head shop" kind of frag.

lizakaya
lizakaya

I agree with MademoiselleM below, who said this reminds her of Poeme by Lancome. I smell some green notes, nestled into a little amber. I also smell a ton of oak moss, almost like a more sensuous Pomelos, but sweeter. No honeysuckle. Not a scrubber but not a lover either.

Strangely, I smell little amber and even less honeysuckle in Lucy B Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle. Perhaps these notes smell differently in Egypt? I should say that I am wearing the perfume oil, and I tend to have issues with finding the intended scent amidst the carrier oil. Often everything melds together into one amorphous, indescribable something or other.

The composition as it appears in the perfume oil is slightly sweet and vaguely ambery but not really floral. Others have likened Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle to Thierry Mugler Alien, but I find nothing like that here (which is not necessarily a bad thing...). Perhaps the eau de parfum would be a better medium in this case?

I hate to admit this, but I agree with another reviewer: "it's not too bad."

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I tested a rollerball and couldn't smell much. However, on the car ride home it warmed up and smelled good. I'd like it as a purse fragrance for on the go. It's warm and stays close to the skin, but I don't get an Alien vibe from it. It mostly smells like a very sweet amber with a little honeysuckle.

Kiera79
Kiera79

The other reviews are right, this does remind me somewhat of Alien. I actually hate Alien, but I don't mind this. I don't love this either, but it's not too bad. There's something that reminds me of sweet-tarts though, so all i can think of is candy. Candy and.... dryer sheets.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I think Lucy B makes lovely inexpensive fragrances but this Lucy B is all about the amber on my skin. I don't get ANYTHNIG sweet, no honeysuckle, no jasmine, no peach. Just smooth, warm amber. I love amber but I was hoping for a warm spicy honeysuckle. No dice.

drkladyrises
drkladyrises

I like this one. I usually layer it under my CK Forbidden Euphoria.

MaggieKat

I like it , I think I would love it if I hadn't worn it on a blistering hot day. Too strong for summer in NOLA but would be perfect for the winter or fall.

MademoiselleMimi
MademoiselleMimi

I am really disappointed by this one. I REALLY want a great, go-to amber perfume, ever since I smelled Prada Amber, which I HALF-love. But this is NOT an amber scent. It is kind of a peach/floral. Smells exactly like Lancome Poeme, which is an obnoxious, chemical 90s perfume. Totally does not smell like a natural perfume, and really shouldn't have "amber" in the name. I am fully willing to give their other fragrances a try, though. I love the packaging and the prices are great. I think this one is just totally not for me.

MaggieKat

I really like this one. I've never thought about it until I read the previous review, but it does have some similarity to Alien, but it is warmer and more comforting. I love both though.

Moyra
Moyra

Uber over-the-top grandiose name for a very pleasant Honeysuckle/Amber fragrance, in which jasmine wafts prettily and a wee, wee bit of patchouli and something vaguely woody ("cashmere wood"?) wave discreetly from the distant background.
Try as I might, I don't get any peach at all, but then the main notes in my nose are amber, honeysuckle and jasmine, and I have to really strain to discern the patchouli and wood. The fragrance doesn't change from application to dry down and beyond, so it is pretty linear but also always pretty.

This was my first Lucy B experience, and the little tester so enthused me that I had to get the full size eau de parfum.
Its really much better than it sounds, the amber lends the humbly sweet honeysuckle a touch of earthy exoticism, the jasmine makes it somehow more noble, and the patchouli and woods in the way distant background play a nice counterpoint.

As to the high flown Royal Egyptian thing - for an Australian perfume no less! - : if it conjures fabulousness in your imagination, then the perfume name has done its job. I guess "Deep Outback Aboriginal Honeysuckle and Amber" just didn't have that same marketing je ne sais quoi, although I would have dug it.

Amber and Honeysuckle is a lot less simple and a lot more elegant than it sounds, and would be great in any season. It trails prettily behind you and lasts for at least 6 hours.
Additionally, its from a relatively little known niche company, so you may well be the only one you know wearing it, *and* its very affordable.

Definitely try before you buy (indiescents - not affiliated - has samples for sale), but in my amber/sweet perfume loving nose, this is an 8/10 for both the the potion, its lasting power and its sillage. Great discovery!

PS: If you like Thierry Mugler's Alien, you may enjoy Amber and Honeysuckle - I get a similarity in the vibe of the jasmine/amber combo, although this is simpler and lighter than Alien or even its flankers.

Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle by Lucy B 4.00 out of 5 based on 39 ratings and 12 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lucy B Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lucy B Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle by Lucy B. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Royal Egyptian Amber and Honeysuckle by Lucy B represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.