Designers » L » Floral Fruity « Groups

1000 Kisses Lush for women and men

1000 Kisses Lush for women and men
dislike

1000 Kisses Lush for women and men Pictures 1000 Kisses Lush for women and men Pictures

The founder and one of the Gorilla Perfumers, Mark Constantine, created 1000 Kisses Deep in honor of the lasting love he shares with his wife. An exquisite and delicate apricot-note from osmanthus blossoms, combined with a touch of mandarin and deep resins, expresses the complexities of true love. 1000 Kisses was launched in 2011.

Osmanthus Mandarin Orange Apricot Resin Myrrh Labdanum Citruses Caraway Geranium

1000 Kisses Deep

1000 Kisses Fragrance Reviews

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Smells like home-made marmalade on my skin. A deep, bitter sweet zest. A nice change from modern perfumery! (I must admit i love foody scents!)

artemiss
artemiss

I love this one! It bright and fruity, and on me, smells delicious.

mrsbee0123
mrsbee0123

On others, this cologne smells lovely. On me, 1000 Kisses smells like 1000 used Kleenexes. Not even joking--on me this fragrance smells like mucus.

Sad panda.

The more fragrances I test from Lush, the more I'm convinced that natural perfumery is a work of art. They're not the easiest scents to wear, but they are truly captivating.

I hear that 1000 Kisses is a fragrance fairly dependant on skin chemistry. Thankfully this scent works beautifully on me. It's a rather strong blend of sweet citrus and balmy resins. I find this fragrance super sexy, a scent that could definitely warrant a thousand kisses.

1000 Kisses opens with a somewhat medicinal, orange cough-drop accord. Towards the heart, the note of mandarin orange begins to smell more natural, sweet and juicy, with a vast array of resinous accords complimenting the citrusy heart.

The drydown features a deliciously exotic blend of myrrh and labdanum. In many ways, this fragrance smells as good as a room full of burning incense. I feel very 'zen' wearing 1000 Kisses.

1000 Kisses is a fragrance suitable for both men and women. It is a unique scent, so I can't guarantee that it will appeal to everyone, but it's definitely worth a try. The sillage is strong, and the lasting power fairly persistent. As far as I know, 1000 Kisses is a Lush exclusive, however it's still relatively easy to find.

tea and virtue
tea and virtue

Ah, I wish this liked me as much as i liked it... on my clothes, it smelled fabulous, a great mix of the sweetness of the fruits and the spice of the resin, but when i had it on my skin, the fruit all but vanished. It was lovely on my mother, though, so she inherited it from me.

Drake.Shannon
Drake.Shannon

Lush always makes powerhouse scents, this is no exception. It's like a Lime/Orange Otter Pop punch to the face! If you don't know what an Otter pop is I greeve for your childhood... but I digress.

It starts off with an almost Margarita scent, citrus, balmy booze and sharpness. It then softens out but it always maintains this sharp dusty lime note that fights with the Mandarin orange for dominance. If 1000 Kisses actually mellowed out into a Mandarin/Labdanum blend like it TRIES to do, it would be amazing. ...but on me the lime smell is too fake, I can't stop thinking of otter pops or car freshener.

If you love sugar rimmed lemon drops you will like this.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I purchased a sample of this about 1 year ago. I had recently discovered the amazing scent of the osmanthus blossom. I was trying to find the perfect osmanthus perfume. I put it on while driving to work. By the time I got to work, I had to scrub it off in the bathroom. I was feeling overwhelmed by its scent. I threw it in my purse and left it there. I swapped out purses, but left the vial of perfume where it was. Just recently, about 2 weeks ago, I stumbled upon the vial of perfume in the purse I threw in the closet. I decided to give it another whirl. I was absolutely in LOVE....it IS the perfect osmanthus perfume!!! It's amazing how our sense of smell matures on this fragrance journey. I immediately purchased a bottle! I am so glad I decided to take the risk and smell it again. Osmanthus is strong and beautiful, then the apricot and citruses, just perfect and not acidic...then we have the resins and myrrh. Just heavenly. Perfect for spring! I am now a new LUSH fan.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I had never tried a Lush fragrance before. (Thanks LittleRed for the sample!) If this is what osmanthus smells like -- sign me up! I like this! Such a juicy, juicy flower! I think Vie Cafe's review most closely resembles how I feel about this fragrance. I, too, want to say it has a mint in there; however, now that I know it's geranium, it makes more sense (I'm surprised it isn't listed as one of the readers' top notes, actually). For me, apricots are the prominent fruit in 1000 Kisses. Yes, there's something sweet about it, but not in a "baked cupcakes" way -- more along the lines of B&BW's Cherry Blossom. At first dab I thought it might be too strong, too odd and quirky, but I was hooked after 2 seconds. The drydown comes quickly enough, leaving such a different-smelling musk behind.

purrz11
purrz11

I love this! It smells like Dr. Pepper. It would be a hands down signature scent for me if it lasted longer. I only got about 2 hours wear before it died :(

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

this is simply amazing. I was NOT expecting this.

This is completely LUSH. But somehow it also reminds me of something much more complex and refined, and I believe it is because of the large amount of REAL osmanthus. I have never smelled this before, I am 100% certain, but somehow it reminds me strongly of something else....... OH!! Jasmin et cigarette by ELdO!! With the nice watery apricots and the green dry "tobacco" note!!! yes! a good alternative to this perfume, and WAY stronger and cheaper than the ELdO.

Anyway, this is more an olfactory experience than a way to perfume yourself, as always with Lush. I thought maybe there was mint in here, but it is definitely the geranium. I am still sniffing to find the caraway seeds... It is very sweet, but not like sugar... like something else. What an odd fragrance to describe. I would recommend to lovers of strange green fruity florals.

It is such an original blend of notes, and the result is completely out of this world. I believe love could smell like this if it had a smell. Juicy, airy, green, balmy... love smells like everything since love IS everything.

Well done again, Mark Constantine.

sistermoon
sistermoon

1000 Kisses opens with sparkly orange/mandarin notes with a nod to older sister Karma. Middle notes are deliciously ripe, juicy and plummy (apricot jam?), with floral touch of osmanthus. Base notes are warm, balmy, with just the right amount of spice. This is where myrrh and other resins meet with vanilla.

Overall, this fragrance has a very autumnal vibe to my nose. Ripe autumn fruit is there, winter citrus and so are the earthy, warm notes. It's enough for me to imagine crisp cool air, dry colourful leaves, soft cozy scarves, delicious hot drinks, and homemade fruit jam... In other words, this fragrance embodies the autumn experience.

I loved it since it was first released by NTBTBB. It reminds me a bit of Knowing by Estee Lauder, although 1000 Kisses is no where near as persistent or "big". But they share the same concept of warmth, spice and ripeness, if that makes sense. And to some extent, it reminds me of the original Mauboussin which also has that plummy, syrupy thing going, in combination with resins, except that 1000 Kisses is "brighter" because of the sparkly orange note. It's a beautiful fragrance that may appeal to fans of those and similar classics, with a modern, very LUSH twist. :)

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Review for the liquid perfume:
As with all Lush fragrances, this one is a weird one. The initial blast is a soapy-sweet orange. There's a rather odd note in it, a note that I can't quite pinpoint. Neither pleasant nor vile, but quite unsettling. Then 1000 Kisses Deep dries down to something I can only describe as golden Coca-Cola.
It has the same happy, joyful, dark fizz with big synthetic scents and flavours. But fruitier and even more happy. A bit more natural as well.
I think of it as a cross between a big cold glass of iced tea (not the lipton kind, but homemade tea) and a glass of Coca-Cola.
Smelling this perfume was a very special experience. Never before had I enjoyed the olfactory equivalent of such a physical phenomenon as the bubbles in coke.
The sheer happiness in this perfume made me long for spring and summer.

Jenavira
Jenavira

Who would have thought I would enjoy something so fruity? On the other hand this is not your usual fruity floral, what it is one of those ambrosial fruity resiny concoctions that just aren't made often enough, if they were fruity would actually probably have a spot in my fragrance wardrobe. This uses osmanthus absolute which is an incredibly erotic scent that hints at jasmine, hay, and apricots paired with the juicy real orange at the beginning of the scent and the sweet resins in the dry down it makes for a scent that makes me think of the phrase "butterfly nectar". The scent is strangely light and airy but with oomph.

Is it just me, or does the opening of Lush 1000 KISSES smell like a naked Barbie doll whose clothes have been drawn on with Sharpie markers?

As the perfume settles, I am reminded a bit of Rochas POUPEE. The Sharpie marker fumes disperse, leaving behind a sweet plastic doll.

I'll try this creation again in solid format. Perhaps it will bloom better from that medium...

sofficina
sofficina

Something like gasoline fuel in the opening (not the best of beginnings...), then tangerine peel, osmanthus and jasmine soap, all this notes combined in a fresh, pleasant soapy smell.
Manages to be both fruity and floral without being the fruity-floral clichè so common nowadays.
Really Lush-smelling, if you are a lush-addict like me you know what I mean.
In the drydown there's something that reminds me of peeled apples and fresh peppermint leaves, really cool and different.
Loving this! Witnessing this delicious drydown is worth going beyond the gasoline opening.
Minimum projection, I keep on sniffing my wrist!

lilew
lilew

Wow, this scent is like a dream that you don't ever want to wake up from. The minute I opened the solid parfume (which I purchased to see if I would like it and sooooo glad I did) it was like a song that gives you chills because it is so beautiful. Will add this to my list of most loved of all time fragrance. Thank you Lush. Highly recommended that everyone atleast smell this intoxicating love scent.

angelys
angelys

This is such a lovely scent. I wore it today, thinking it wouldn't smell good, but... I was surprised :)

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

a musky citrus with a hint of something i can't quite put my finger on. i adore the song, i adore the sentiment, and i really adore the scent.

rollergirl
rollergirl

1 of the most intricate of the their scents. Very complex. Will be a keeper forever!

1000 Kisses by Lush 4.26 out of 5 based on 78 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lush 1000 Kisses fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lush 1000 Kisses, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify 1000 Kisses by Lush. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of 1000 Kisses by Lush represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.