Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Breath Of God Lush for women and men
dislike

smoky
Breath Of God Lush for women and men Pictures

Breath Of God by Lush is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Breath Of God was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Simon Constantine. The fragrance features neroli, sandalwood, virginia cedar, incense, amalfi lemon, melon, rose, ylang-ylang, vetiver, grapefruit, black pepper and juniper.

Neroli Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Incense Amalfi Lemon Melon Rose Ylang-Ylang Vetiver Grapefruit Black Pepper Juniper

Inhale

Breath Of God Fragrance Reviews

Lana148
Lana148

Oh boy, God must have pretty bad breath the day they checked him to make this fragrance.

This is awful. I tried Dirty from this line yesterday and didn't mind it - but this? Smells like sugary burnt rubber. Sorry!

stefafra
stefafra

I really like it, I like the balsamic notes (that remind me of the red version of tiger balsam), I love the cedarwood and the incense,and the smokyness. I do not really smell any melon...I tried it in the shop on paper, sniffed the paper multiple times and fell in love.
So I decided to buy the solid version to take with me in travel....solid perfumes are very handy for that. My usual perfume is not so "travel friendly".
However, I discovered that I am allergic to one of the components, it is not the first time a fragranced product does that...and my wrist and neck are still itchy and red after a few days. And a solid perfume is a bit more difficult to put only on clothes, especially a blue one. Annoyed.

babybear1
babybear1

I have the small spray and the solid perfume, I use the solid perfume on the ends of my hair, I really wanted to like this but its meh on me. I get smoke and more smoke on me, no ozonic aspect, I use it occasionally and with a light hand. I think this would suit a man, maybe my nose will change when the weather is cooler??

I really wanted to like this.

christianne1
christianne1

God kinda needs a tic tac.

Smells like He has been trying to save folks in a burning automotive shop, while gargling melon body wash.

Based on His breath He is clearly a multi-tasker.

Omnipresence makes for some very interesting breath.

racheldaylewis
racheldaylewis

If anyone has a sample of this they're interested in selling, let me know. I'm trying to get almost all of the Lush perfume. pM me thanks!

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

Breath of God is all ozone, lighning and wet earth...a dark, rainy day captured in perfume. Perfectly weird.

Fsimas
Fsimas

I am utterly surprised to read so many reviewers stating this is a very masculine scent. To me, it is extremely feminine, and here's why: I've lived in India for a few years and became friends with a lovely and very elegant young muslim lady. She wore a very powerful fragrance that served as a perfect complement to her beauty. Breath of God reminds of that friend's scent. She even gave me a little bottle with that oil in it at the time, and I wore it to the last drop. On my skin, it developed a bit differently but I absolutely adored it. The sandalwood gets very intense on my skin, and I love that. It is indeed very strong, so I'd recommend no more than a drop in one wrist (and then rub it to the other). I'm in love with this one, really.

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

Skimming reviews here makes me puzzled... I was gonna say: A nice, comforting, slightly spicy - perhaps cardamom - cookie scent. But too foodie for me. Wow, I can't believe how different my experience is from other reviewers! Sounds like a totally different perfume. I wonder where all those notes went. Mind you, I tested it in the heavy smelling lush shop and it was the SOLID perfume. That brings me to something I didn't like about it: the colour (blue) makes it rather unsuitable for application, especially on exposed skin, and it could possibly stain light coloured clothes. If you find the liquid perfume too strong, maybe try this but expect to get a bit blue!

perfectionist
perfectionist

Smells like smoke, melon, ashes, and mint like from toothpaste. This fragrance is very strong. I suggest only wearing this in winter. Very manly fragrance can't see a woman wearing. I rarely say a fragrance is gender specific but Breath of God is straight masculine. I like it. Got a 9ml bottle that would last forever for me. My sister says it smells like if you caught wind and put it in a bottle. 7/10.

Cake10
Cake10

This is an effervescent, woody, smoky, incense-y kind of smell with a hint of green and something that smells almost like mint in the background. I also get a hint of the bathbomb section in Lush stores. Yes, there's a LOT going on here!

I have the solid version of this at the moment, but have had the spray in the past (until it leaked everywhere).

This smells like an incense shop in a dark basement on a rainy spring day burning sandalwood incense inside. The base is undeniably dank and woody but there's a slightly sweet, mysterious quality as well.

This is a bold fragrance and on my skin, the Lush-y, chalky bathbomb scent is more pronounced than it is out of the bottle, but it keeps it's dark, woody quality as well. On me, it smells more masculine than feminine. I like it.

JoeOM
JoeOM

I have the solid stick version of this. It is quite a nice soapy scent.
I get the incense, melon and vetiver mostly with a base of soapy florals. Unusual and calming is how i'd describe it. Lasts a very long time and projects at least a few feet. Only downside to the stick is that when you rub it on it leaves a blue trail that you then have to rub in.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

One might fairly wonder what God has been eating.

I have a sample of the EDT, not the solid. I smelled the solid in the store once and, possibly because of Lush store fragrance overload, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. Everything kinda smelled like everything, if you know what I mean.

But the EDT...The first thing that hit me was a simultaneous smack of mint and melon. Then they stopped happening at the same time and for a couple of minutes the perfume veered back and forth between minty toothpaste (mint with a touch of chalk) and cleanly, pinkly melon. After a while the melon won out, but then all of a sudden the mint was back, but smelling woody-floral. What the deuce? And then just as fast the smell turned into cedar.

Over the next two hours the cedar smell developed a sandalwood smoothness and a salty pong, both of which were very pleasant. And after about four hours, during which I overheated doing a bunch of housework, it all wound down into a very classic-fougere smell.

We have another weirdo from Lush, Gentle Readers. I respect it greatly, but I'm not sure if I need to buy it. I was at Lush's website buying Ladyboy within about 15 minutes of finishing my review here...Breath of God is going to take more thought.

valerie.aardahl
valerie.aardahl

This is an interesting one. It's a pretty unusual review for me. Ok, this fragrance is unique. I've never smelled anything like it in a perfume shape. I tested the fragrances randomly when suddenly I found this. I smelled it for a while because it clearly differed from the others. I thought that my fiance must get smell of this and took the blotter paper with me and left. I held this in my hand while I walked and with every step I became more and more dizzy and nauseous. Eventually I had to throw blotter paper in a garbage can and stop and breathe because I was so sick. The next day I was in Lush shop again with my fiance, we tested the perfume again and it gave me the same result.

Therefore, I wonder, are there any others who feel the same about this fragrance? Actually, I think this is fantastic. It is beautiful, exciting and unique fragrance, very creatively made and I actually think the name fits the fragrance. But there is something in it that makes me so sick and I just cant stand it. What is it?

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. Incense, melon, cedar and vetiver. It's very medicinal but intriguing. Reminds me a bit of The Soft Lawn by Imaginary Authors. Moderate projection and longevity on my skin.

Antares811
Antares811

Beautiful male scent: highly recommended.

molliedollie
molliedollie

Love. It. A very polarising fragrance, to be sure, but I wouldn't mind bathing in it. (Don't worry; I won't.) I'm not sure why it pulls so 'leather' on me - especially the solid version - but it's fantastic.

Eos
Eos

Review of the EDT.
A nice, dry scent well suited for summer wear. The strange combination of smokey incense and an ozonic calone note in Breath of God actually brings to mind lightning and static electricity. An odd pairing, but brilliant and thrilling all the same. I get quite a lot of juniper and pepper as well. Lovely and unisex. One of the best offerings from this house.

emma12
emma12

This really comes into its own in hot, humid weather (which is hard to come by in the UK). I have the solid balm version and I remember how divine it smelt on me when I was on an Italian city holiday in July, sipping a Campari soda :) I think heat affects the way it melts into the skin, definitely. I also apply it liberally before bed as the incense notes make it very calming. It's very masculine though, and my ex hated it. Oh well!

alicepolice
alicepolice

Toothpaste, melon and smoky, dusty wood. Sounds crazy? It's divine!

This isn't a scent for women who like to draw lines between masculinity and femininity. This is a scent for a woman who embraces them both. That being said, this isn't a scent for macho men, either.

VintageViolet depicted deep, rippled water, surrounded by clouds. As far as scents awaken pictures in my head, this depiction is quite accurate for Breath of God.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Not a fan of this on my skin at all. It seems to have no middle notes, just smokey base and top notes. Definately something missing. I have synaesthesia, and experience textures and shapes rather than colours, and to me this scent is rippled deep water with big dark misty fuzzy clouds high above with nothing inbetween.

This does however smell amazing on my friend!

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

This scent is plain attractive. It's too masculine on my skin to wear it on the streets, but God this is the perfume I reach for first when I go to sleep. Breath of God is a special for those evenings when I feel lonely and cannot fall asleep without the boyfriend.
I don't see how this one could be a turn off for anybody. I can't smell any burnt plastic or barbecue or cigarette or ashtray - but probably I'm the lucky person whose skin works well with this fragrance. Gorilla perfumes are usually black horses. You either love them or hate them, but surely you won't stay neutral towards them.
For me, Breath of God smells like a summer night bonfire and sparkles, and swimming in the ocean, and girly drinks, and laying on the wet sand. A must have in my collection, I cannot imagine not buying another bottle when I finish the first one.

houstcs
houstcs

Burning plastic in a meth house for the first 20 minutes, after that I had a very manly smell that was pretty amazing. If you can stomach the top notes this is a beastly fragrance with plenty to offer. I can smell myself very easily 15 hours later and I like it but the top notes are insane, just insane!

Lidell
Lidell

Unfortunately, it smelled like the whole Lush shop on my skin. That is a likeable thing, but not distinctive enough.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

The smell of wet, mossy stone temples of the far east. This is not a glamorous perfume, but an intellectual fragrance, if that makes sense. Hard to wear, but very interesting. Wet and cold, spices around and incense burning, rain on grass and soil. Breath of God strongly reminds me of our visit to big 11C Hindu/Buddhist temples of Bali and Siem Reap. If you're looking for something that makes you feel sexy, stay away from this. But if you want a fragrance that triggers memories, go ahead and have a spritz.

mashuda
mashuda

I love this smell. so comforting and I can't explain why. smokey leathery soap.

Lom
Lom

The first 15 minutes after you apply this perfume (I have the solid version) are plain awful. It smells like meat on a barbecue with a lot of smoke and rubber surrounding it. I thought to myself: why would anyone buy this thing, let alone produce it?
But after that, the smoke fades away and you are left with a smell that I absolutely love! which is very fresh and soapy but still mysterious and rich with only hints of smoke. I think it's worth waiting the 15 minutes to discover the real essence of this perfume, which is very sweet and weird but also uplifting and relaxing.

ntruitt
ntruitt

Lapsang Souchong. All the way and that's it. This is for the solid perfume and maybe there's a difference. Either way, I'm not smelling incense unless incence is smoked pine tar. I really don't know how I feel about this.

kayqin
kayqin

This perfume conjures up an entire person for me: a sophisticated young black London man wearing silk and velvet in beautiful tasteful colours, maybe a light blue silk square in the breast pocket of an olive green velvet jacket, carrying a brown leather briefcase and wearing a maroon cashmere scarf and some simple silver jewellery, keeping his childhood faith but, to paraphrase Grayson Perry, "holding his beliefs lightly." Since I have completely invented this man on the basis of beautifully scented men who've walked past me on the street, and since I'm not sophisticated, black, or a man, I don't feel I have the right to wear this scent...

Matt Oldham

At the risk of sounding bitchy I have to say: the people who don't get it should try a little harder. It really is as profound as all of its rave reviews suggest. A lot of people think there's some sort of innate virtue in saying the emperor is naked but they are wrong. It's virtuous only if it's not misplaced, if he's actually naked and not wearing ermine as is the case here. Philistine rather than virtuous.

dubairob
dubairob

What an astonishing fragrance....This is why perfumery and the creation of new fragrances can be considered high art with all that this entails.

When I first sampled Breath of God in a Lush store I was simply bowled over. It was such a contradictory clash of all that was bright and dark, beautiful and ugly, delicious and repelling, that I simply laughed. Epiphany? Perhaps.

What is certainly clear from Breath of God is that there was no way my reading of the notes could have prepared me for the experience of the fragrance. The notes of incense, cedar, vetiver, sandalwood? Surely these are the stuff of commonplace fragrances. Does the addition of melon (calone) and ylang-ylang - themselves components of both kiddie fragrances and more avant-garde offerings - blow Breath of God into the heavens? I can't tell....

All I can say is that this fragrance - which is at the lower end of niche pricing - has excellent longevity and sillage, and is a fragrance that is, well, astonishing. I would go so far as to say that you owe it yourself to at least try it: you may detest it or love it; you may feel like you are staring at the face of your maker or being grabbed around the throat by a devil....but you won't be left sitting on the fence after the experience.

Highly recommended try.

3starmagnum
3starmagnum

I'm a man, and when I wear this scent, a lot of people notice it (both women and men). I've gotten some compliments on this one, as the silage is not weak. The scent grew on me and I now tend to like it, while at first I wasn't too impressed with it. It is in my rotation, and I wear it sparingly ;)

debathgate
debathgate

I thought this scent was the same as that in LT and Ts's perfume guide. Perhaps I am wrong. It sounded intriguing so I sought it out in Lush on a recent trip into town. It reminds me of a combination of aphid spray and strong cleaner. In disbelief I kept sniffing it as we walked around assuming it must improve. It remained steadfastly horrid. It is quite simply the most disgusting thing I have voluntarily sprayed on my skin. Once home I rushed for the scrubbing brush.

Buysblind
Buysblind

To me, Breath of God smells like a tin of spearmint flavored chewing tobacco...which is kind of gross. There's also a cigarette ash tray quality to the whole thing which doesn't help to steer this in my favor either. And the melon note smells rotten. What can I say? I'm not among the group that believes this is one of the most intriguing, beautiful, and innovative perfumes around. I also cannot, in good conscience, say that this is 'fresh,' in any kind of way....remotely. If you want something weird, maybe a little difficult, smokey, ashy and minty with a rotten aspect, then you might enjoy this. And more power to you. Though personally, it's too challenging for me. Just don't be misguided by reviews expressing some kind of "freshness" (at least in the conventional sense) if that's what you're looking for. God's Breath is many things, but fresh it is not.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

Smoke, vetiver, cedar, pepper and, to me, something minty.
I had the solid stick, a gift. I was intrigued at first, intersting name and concept and it smelled interesting in the tube.
I applied it to my skin - first thing to note - this made my skin blue - the stuff in the tube is blue but I didn't actually expect waxy blue circles where I had applied it!
I got a very strong, almost eye wateringly so, smell of smoke, cedar, pepper and vetiver. I think this would be terrible in the spray form as it was so potent in the opening.
It settled down after about half an hour to an hour, softened a little but, I don't know, this seemed like an amateur effort, somewhat volatile like I wasn't sure what would happen next with it.
I found, during the day, that I was sneezing quite a lot and my eyes running. It wasn't until about6 hours in, when my skin started itching intensly in the blue stained patches that I twigged that it was this and washed it all off.
I did try it again, months later, in the autumn and had slightly better results in that the scent seemed more balamced and rounded, but it still made me very itchy which is unusual as I have used Lush soaps and bath products with no issues.
Overall I have not had much joy with Lush fragrances - I love some of their shower gels and soaps but none of their perfumes has been quite right - the carrier they use just lends them all a medicinal scent to me. I wanted this to work, but it just doesn't. Definitely one to try before you buy (if they are still making and selling this one).

My sister worked for Lush for a number of years and needless to say she used to inundate me with the products most of which I really didn't care for.
I loved the name of this for starters also incense is really my thing so I had high hopes.
Unfortunately these were dashed when I tried it.
It starts out very strong, abrasively so...to the point where my girlfriend violently swung her head back out of it's path as I put my freshly god breath soaked hand under her nose!
Had that've been me I'd have said something like..."God really needs to brush his teeth/needs a breath mint..." something along those lines? but she's not as witty or quick with the one liners as I am. ;)
My reaction was a little more subdued, I got a odd green spiced then to dry peppery, hay like opening which soon turns menthol/medicinal smelling...really odd!
As it settles a bit you get a kind of incense like cedar scent which somehow has an absinthe vibe which I start to really enjoy.
Then later this dries down to smell like every Lush product ever rolled into one....ie: The smell as you enter the Lush shop a kind of soapy thing maybe from the neroli in here?
I'll give Breath of God this... it's challenging and definitely evolves though wearing to different distinct places.
Not for me I don't think as the opening is too harsh and it's not an enjoyable incense for me. Although I will be trying more Lush perfumes as this is an interesting one.

danieq
danieq

I was nearly knocked over by this scent. I've read a lot of reviews which indicated it's wonders and so I sprayed it on my skin without a second thought. BAD IDEA. This is extremely strong, heavy and invasive. Not only that, it's next to impossible to get off. I think the overall feel I had was a very strong version of the Vetiver, Lemon and Insence combining to create something akin to Pinesol on steroids.

Now, all of that said, because I know that scents can shapeshift I will likely give this another try, but I'd like to suggest that no-one blind buy/spray this. Please sample first.

zaynaz
zaynaz

Bought this (in the mini atomiser) without trying it, even though my experience with LUSH/Gorilla Perfumes has been hit and miss. They had a copy of the Luca Turin/Tania Sanchez Perfumes guide at the LUSH store with this review proudly marked (well, five stars is pretty good, though I didn't check if they'd highlighted some of the less favourable reviews they gave some of the LUSH products).

First of all, the longevity of this is insane. I sprayed some on a shirt and it lasted all day, then through a wash, then a week in my wardrobe and when I wore that shirt again I could clearly smell it.

This is such a strange perfume. It is obviously from the same train of thought that produced 'Hellstone' but much more successfully realised- in that it doesn't try and sear your nose off with the first inhalation (it's weird that Hellstone is more recent, this seems like the sophomore effort, not the other way around). It's woody, smokey, sweet, hay like. I get a lot of vetiver out of this (my skin or nose seems to really amplify that note). But this isn't something where I can really pick this note then that note, it's a conversation of smells rather than a progression of smells- a vetiver base which will seem like it is more smokey smokey, then sweeter, then woodier, then danker, then smokier again. It always feels very warm.

My mother smelled it and said it smelled like something really old, but not in a 'rotten' way. I like it, it's soothing, relaxing smell. This is one of those perfumes that becomes a bit of a bubble around you- you'll smell it all through the day, and then some, but it will just blend with whatever smells you encounter, rather than being jarring against them.

GabrielaBurolo
GabrielaBurolo

Okay I tried this before around spring/summier last year. Didn't like it. Too much smoke. This weekend I reorganized my perfumes and bumped into BoG again and the name of this perfumes is so intriguing, I couldn't ignore it. So I tried it again. Put a tiny bit on my wrist and waited until it settled in. After a minute or so I took a snif and smiled. This is a winter scent and somehow there is something really cosy and comforting about it. At first I smell a minty sweetness with a burning twig on the side. Then after aprox. 30 minutes up close I smell the wood and smoke; like an open fire with burning rose wood, but from a distance, when I put my wrist down, I smell the fresh notes of citrus, the bittersweet bergamot with a hint of mint? Light as a feather. So the female side of this scent, in all iTS lightness, has a stronger and farther reach. The male stays close to the skin. And after an hour it completely turned! And this is what happens throughout the day for at least six hours. After that the two of them, the woody, smoky male and the soft, fresh and fruity female decided to merge in one scent which is still woody but not smoky. I smell roses, a flowery pepper, something sweet, gold and warm, like honey but a very clean honey, tobacco, gasoline and now I know why this scent is familiar. The driedown is the scent of my father when he came home from work. This scent layered in his helmet, his hair and clothes. My father always uses Tabac Original from Mäurer & Wirtz since I van remember and he still does! He worked in a petroleum harbour in Amsterdam and he smoked tabacco back then. BoG delivers almost the same scent at the end. And when I look at the ingrediënts it is totally obvious. Almost every piece -except for the middel notes- of TB comes back in BoG! The big difference is that BoG has a huge bonfire in the center. With this knowledge I came to the conclusion that it's a bit too masculin for me but I asked my husband to try it and I am glad he loves it. So I keep it close to me. Beautiful scent!

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

I like the opening with it's strong woodsy feel. Vetiver, cedar, and sandalwood all anchored with incense. Like Lust by this house, I LOVE it after about three hours when the rose and ylang-ylang take the stage. It actually reminds me a lot of the best parts Lust, but with a different feel to the opening and base. The Rose and Ylang-ylang never get as strong as they do in lust but they sing all the same. It has that head shop feel to the base that I get from all this House's scents but it's a good thing.
Like all of the Gorilla scents by Lush it has amazing Longevity and a Nuclear sillage

Canterbury23
Canterbury23

Clean and comforting. I wear this fragrance like aromatherapy. We all know neroli does good things for us, but it's not as though I can identify it in here. This is perfect for days when I wake up a little bit cranky, and smelling this returns me to calm. It makes me think the yoga instructor at the gym who is 50ish, always centered, and has a kind smile for everyone.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I had to try this because curiosity got the better of me and it has received such a mix of reviews on here.
This should be renamed Breath of the Devil! Enough said.

Blu Garcon
Blu Garcon

This totally reminds me of Jako....just not as sweet.

ncolep
ncolep

i bought the stick version and although i really wanted to like it, the perfume smelled like a gluestick with chalk. perhaps it was the compound to make it into a stick.

Drake.Shannon
Drake.Shannon

I cannot get on board with this one, it smells of plastic and soap on me. vom.com

Adrien02
Adrien02

Thanks 1vy818 for this diamond in the rough! Strong Ivory-soapy note with sweet rubber/wood....that's what I first get when I initially sniffed this one. There may not be much else to this one, I fear, but as i've done with Bvlgari Black, this will be used to layer with other fragrances that I have. It's so unique, that I like it just based on it's quirkyness.
Ok,,,,,nothing's changing, so I guess that's it for this one.
A pleasant, unassuming drydown. Dried out cedar block which was used to store fur coats for the winter.comes to mind. It would have been nice if some of the other notes made an appearance, though.

dragenpuff
dragenpuff

I have tried this half a dozen times in store, and I cannot quite decide whether I love the fragrance, or just like it. How it behaves, both how it dries down and how it projects, varies with the weather, and it definitely is a fragrance you want to try on before you purchase - or just try in general. Breath of God is a memorable perfume experience.
When I tested it this time around, it was hot and sunny, normal air humidity. It opens with a fresh-sweet-smoky-woody mixture; the melon is very prominent in the beginning, but it doesn't take long before it takes a step back to join the orchestra of the other notes. I find the sweet, fruity and floral notes are more prominent in hot weather; I could smell the ylang-ylang, the rose and the grapefruit on a woody, smoky base, where I normally just get hints of sweeter notes as echoes of the woody ones.
It's the first hour-hour and a half after applying I have found the scent to develop the most. After three, it settles into a woody, earthy mix of notes with hints of peppery smoke. I usually get the same result after some hours have passed.

migueldematos
migueldematos

I had to scrub it off with exfoliator and still cam smell it. It must be the most horrible fragrance I ever smelled!

Kain
Kain

A very unique and strange fragrance that take you to the deepest parts of a bizarre jungle that you can't find your way out!
Very different type of woody and earthy fragrance which at the same time is fruity and exotic!
It's one of those scents that it's hard to explain and describe.
The opening is sharp and strong resinous,woody, spicy and earthy scent with some sweet fruity scent in the background.
This combination looks generic but believe me it's not!!
As I said it's like being in a forest middle of nowhere with very huge and tall trees around you and on these trees, there is kind of fruit that you have never seen before which taste sweet and yummy, but at the same time new and strange!
There are many strange plants around you as well that you can smell their strange earthy aroma.
In the dry down and base you can smell sweeter fruity note plus that strange woody earthy smell in the background.
I like it a lot.
Totally recommended for people who like different fragrances!
Longevity is good and projection is OK. mostly close to the skin (except a few minutes after spraying it on) but still strong enough to smell it easily.
يه عطر بسيار متفاوت و منحصر بفرد كه راستش توصيف بوش خيلي سخته
رايحه اوليه اين بوي تند و تيز و تلخ چوبي صمغي مانندي هست كه رايحه تند و فلفلي اونو همراهي ميكنه و اين تركيب در عين حال بوي گياهي و خاكي خاصي هم داره
به اين تركيب عجيب غريب بوي نسبتا شيرين ميوه اي رو هم اضافه كنين تا معجون عجيب غريب ما تكميل بشه
بوي بسيار خاص و متفاوتي داره كه تنها توصيفي كه ميتونم ازش بكنم اينه
شما وسط يه جنگل بزرگ وسط ناكجا آباد هستين كه مثل روياهاي ترسناك شما توي خواب ميمونه
درختان بزرگ و سر به فلك كشيده كه بوي چوب اونها به مشام ميرسه و روي اونا ميوه هاي عجيبي روييده كه شما تاحالا نديدين و وقتي ميخورين طعم شيرين و خوب ولي در عين حال بسيار عجيب غريبي داره
اين جنگل پوشيده از گياهان عجيبي هست كه تا به حال به چشمتون نخورده و بوي خاص و عجيبي دارن كه فضاي تمام فضا رو پر كرده
تنها توصيفي كه از بوش ميتونم بكنم اينه
به مرور بوش شيرين تر، ميوه اي تر و عادي تر ميشه اما هنوز هم اون ته بوي عجيب رو ميشه حس كرد
پخش بوش متوسطه و ماندگاري نسبتا خوبي داره
اگه از عطرهاي خاص و متفاوت خوشتون مياد حتما اينو حداقل تست كنين
من كه خيلي از بوش خوشم اومد
با تشكر از دوستي كه سمپل اين عطرُ به من داد

Madrin
Madrin

I'd love to have a boyfriend wearing this. But hey, it smells good on me, too :P. Maybe slightly masculin, but that's not bad, because there are some feminine notes in it also. I get a fruity scent and something I can't really describe, but it's slightly fresh and soooo good. At first I don't like it that much, but it develops into something really nice that I love.
And a good scent is a good scent and if you love it you should wear it, whether it's extremely girly or not. Every person smells something different anyway, and I think this perfume suits a woman too, especially in a nice dress :)

jtd
jtd

Gorilla Perfume’s Breath of God gets the sweet/savory balance that has become one of the go-to references on see-it-not-taste-it TV food competition shows. The sweet/salty comment has become part of our expertise-without-in-fact-experience vocabulary. It’s a function of our pop quest for unearned authenticity that is the logical outcome of distressed denim. Other such food show comments have to do with ‘a little more acidity’, better mouth feel, or the benefits of sous vide preparation. Reality TV has left us spring-loaded with such vocabulary. We really are fucking ridiculous.

But Breath of God gets kudos. Prada Candy, with it's talk of benzoin, would convince us that it is a salted caramel, and therefore stakes a claim to salty/sweet sophistication. Breath of God reaches for more and gives us an oyster and melon raw bar, completing the triangle with mint. It's ingenious, and makes a refreshing sense.

The drawback is that although the accord is appealing and distinctive, the execution is murky. Similar to other Gorilla fragrances (also Tokyo Milk fragrances) there is an unfortunate blurring of notes. A bit more separation would give a more dynamic quality. Breath of God suffers from the aromatherapy conundrum. Just as in mixing essential oils, it's easy to have a blurring rather than a synergy. A solution might be to use it as scenting for personal care products. Another Lush/Gorilla product, Dirty, is better in Lush's hair paste than as a stand-alone perfume.

Lush doesn't compete with Tom Ford, by Killian, or Guerlain. It's more like the Etat Libre d’Orange alternative to the Body Shop. Breath of God could use what my grandmother called ‘a friendly hand’ to spruce up its composition, but it is a brilliant perfume in its inventiveness. It is attractive and distinctive. It's memorable. It wears well and doesn't fall apart. It would be easy to dismiss it as quirky if you don't look closely. Give it a bit of consideration, and it'll change your point of view.

from scenthurdle

Museumgal
Museumgal

Smoke but not a tobacco smoke, definitely more incense and a bit of mustiness like being in an old cathedral. The mustiness I am guessing is a product of the cedar plus the melon. But the incense is the star here and it's a wonderful smoke scent. Lasts about four hours on me but it's not terribly expensive so I wasn't disappointed. As with all of their fragrances its quite linear and doesn't evolve, but if you're here for a good smoke scent you probably don't want it to. The smoke lingers all the way through the composition -- just like incense lingers in the air after you burn it.

aurorab4
aurorab4

An unusual fragrance that will either repel or draw you in at first whiff. If you're drawn, it only becomes more interesting as minutes pass (yes it changes that quickly).
My first intro to it came when my girlfriend came strolling up my drive to lend a hand getting my car started...she was sporting jeans, a plaid flannel shirt, red bandanna holding down her wavy blonde locks and Breath of God perfume.
We both stared blankly under the hood without a clue...and I turned to her and said, "Damn, you smell good!" (I know, this may be highly offensive to feminists).
Bottom line, Breath of God is an attention grabber.
She spritzed it on both iof us and we spent the next couple of hours laughing and sniffing each others wrists saying things like..."I'm now getting muskrat, and coca-cola, with a subtle note of blasphemy!"
Truly...give this one a try ~ it will bend your sniffer into a zone unknown.

arrode
arrode

I tried the solid perfume version of this a day ago in the mall after reading all the positive reviews and was completely underwhelmed. I don't really think this is a unisex scent and my boyfriend agrees. To me, this is completely male and smells like a male body wash or deodorant and very generic. I'm not sure if it's because I was wearing the solid perfume, but honestly, after an hour I had to scrub it off. It reminded me of an Old Spice body wash. I felt like I had rubbed man-deodorant all over myself. This one's not for me, unfortunately.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Wow! After a long spell smelling clean/fresh/sporty/citrus variations this was much appreciated!

It smells antique. Somewhat musty. Like old incense and mummy wrappings, perhaps. This is what Morticia Addams smells like. My take is that it's just the thing for a Goth girl Poe reader. They could have named this "Ligeia."

The most unique fragrance I have smelled so far.

But will I wear it? Not likely. I don't want to smell like this!

UPDATE, about six months later: Has this been reformulated, or have I changed? The first time it was astonishing. The second time was just sort of "Eh."

browne54
browne54

This is the single most special scent I have ever had the pleasure to have my olfactory bulb neurons stimulated by. Truly a work of art in every sense of the word, and crafted from utter artistic merit and inspiration (read history on Lush website). This fragrance is an absolute gem and of the highest caliber. I wear this one on special evenings when the weather is a tad bit draftier and I want to stand out and be noticed but not be overtly offensive to other peoples' sense of smell. The best compliment I ever received was from a female who said it made me smell mysterious and spiritual, two excellent adjectives for describing the fragrance. She DEMANDED to know what I was wearing. But an absolute masterpiece. If you appreciate this hobby and want to stand out from the generic designer fragrances aimed at appeasing the masses scoop this piece of art up. Fair warning, you will be paying what some may view a stepper price. Absolutely and utterly worth it. I paid $40/1 oz a year ago and the fragrance is good for another 2 years and a little of "Breath of God" goes a long way. Plus if you are unaware of Lush they are an excellent company comprised of wonderful human beings who exercise philosophy and are morally sound . So I do not mind spending a little extra.

Overall: 12/10, and that is no joke.

MyScentIsSun
MyScentIsSun

A really special scent. Kind of alien-esque or out-of-this-world due to the combination of smoky and fruity. I love it.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

I sampled this in the store and it was love at first sniff. The smokey plum note lasted throughout the life of this fragrance...I love it! I don't really find it too smokey. It is done just right. I can tell this frag is one of those frags that develop beautifully and considerably different on different skins.
Having said that, women might find this scent too dark and thus not wearable. For a guy who's not into smokey notes, I really like Breath of God. This says a lot.

kitka
kitka

Supposedly unisex, but WAY too guy-ish smelling for me, reminded me a lot of deodorant soap mixed with car polish. Couldn't wait to wash it off because it's a cling-on, really wants to hang on you for a while.

If you want to smell like a man... this one's for you.

Slain
Slain

Very very awesome. Thankfully it sits on my skin pretty well and smells very good. Unfortunately for my partner is does not; actually it smells terrible on her to be honest.

You either mix with this one, or you don't. So in saying that, make sure you try before you buy.

At first I hated it, absolutely hated it and the rest of the Gorilla perfume range, BUT as I let the perfumes mellow on my skin over the next 30-40 mins it just got better, much like the rest of their range.

Tip: 1 spray will be plenty ;)

Love it.

temporal
temporal

Very interesting and charismatic fragrance with strong individuality and many shadows, which blossom each time in a new way. This velvet combination of woody and smoky scent will not adapt to the personality of the owner. You either fit each other, or will not :)

word-doctor
word-doctor

I purchased this for my wife, thinking it would fit her arty/intellectual side. She hated it. I mean, she hated it so much that it disappeared the same day she tested it and I still haven't found it.

It was probably the rubbery accord that some of you have noted.

My apologies for not providing thorough responses vis a vis notes, longevity, etc. The experiment ended just short of me having to sleep on the couch.

hippopotamus
hippopotamus

Wow, wow, wow. This is so special, almost in a mind blowing sort of way. I mean, it's so warm and smoky like a campfire, but at the same time it's really cool with icy honey dew melon. Personally, I love this scent, even though it unfortunately smells quite terrible on my skin.

AnnetteInFrance
AnnetteInFrance

I bought this without testing and it was not what i expected. To me it's just so masculine. I imagine this is what John Rambo smelt like in the film First Blood. Smoke and dirt, the woods, nature and something like oily gasoline too. I hate it on me but i'd guess it would be very sexy and virile on a man.

Intensely smoky, but "cool" from the incense/melon combo. Absolutely adore this stuff (bought 3 times over), but not everyone does. My sister said it smelled like "charcoal and cucumber" and a friend once said it "smells like man".
I can't qualify it as masculine or feminine as it's not particularly "perfumey". I feel the same way about Kinski.
Most prominent notes on me would be the incense & vetiver (both of which I love) with a slight aquatic tone from the melon. I get something slightly powdery in here as well. Not sure what's causing that effect, but it's pleasant. Juniper comes in at the drydown.

rubydoll

Hello, you may have seen my earlier review. I decided to buy the perfume stick after all and haven't regretted it, but I swear the fragrance notes change every time(possibly due to it being a solid).
I will keep it as a winter fragrance as it seems to develop when it is cold, in a warmer room that is when the tobacco smell is at its strongest.
Nobody else has commented on my scent but then I get the floral wafts and they're mine, ALL MINE!!!....
Ahem, I really love this perfume, but I know that we will have a troublesome relationship, as sometimes it won't suit me but sod that, I'll keep coming back to this bad boy. Cheers x

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

Was in Lush sniffing around, trying a few different things. Happened to resniff my left wrist and asked the SA what we had sprayed there. She said it was Breath of God. My response was "damn that's good!!" She laughingly said that was the best response she had heard. I bought it immediately! It is a stunning dry smokey scent. Just gorgeous. One of my co workers sniffed me and asked what she was smelling. I answered my dear, you are smelling the Breath of God! :)

rubydoll

This is a tale of two testings, both within 5 days. I tried Breath of god the first time I was intrigued. With my skin chemistry at the time it was faint, I smelled the fruity slightly ashy side to it, it smelled nice on me.
Today I went in and it is a fragrance that really should have two testings. I know it is unusual and unique. However it is my 'time of the month' so I knew they would be differences, but the Breath of God now consists of smoky tobacco bubblegum and mint, just those 3 and its scent is hanging around like a lovesick school boy!! Though to be fair I have only had this on 2 hours at the time of writing. I guess I am surprised at how different it was on me.
I did try the spray by the way, I may try the solid still don't know what to do.
But bravo for putting out a scent like this, but I really wouldn't blind buy this one is my advice.
Update: Another hour on I can smell the sweeter floral notes again with the ashy overlay.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

When I put my review in in April 2011 it was for the Be Never too Busy to be Beautiful version as the Lush version was not on the Fragrantica data base. But as it is listed now I am copying it direct from my earlier review, as nothing has changed except the bottle. I have the black bottle pictured above.

I didn't smell any fruit until about an hour into wearing this when I got a really strong scent of apples (reading the notes it must be the melon). Before that it was spicy but not pungent, woody but not wet, smoky like very very mild cigarettes,with a tiny hint of cedar. This is easily a unisex frag. and definitely not a floral fruity. It's original and easy to wear, ethereal but long-lasting, just lovely.

Having worn it intermittently for several years now, I do have to say it is one of those shape-shifters and smells different each time I wear it. Some days I almost can't bear it and others I keep sniffing myself. It is a most peculiar perfume. I love its uniqueness and it will always be in my wardrobe.

Various elements I have smelled in this are ham, lemon, melon, apple, smoke, wood, rose, salami, BBQ - all quite strange but whatever smell is uppermost is always tempered by other notes, so it is always a surprise.

A word of caution: it is a try before you buy.

deadidol
deadidol

It's as weird as anything out there. I still have yet to "wear it" but I'll dab it on now and again just to give it a sniff. Again, the notes are totally misleading. To me it's like a mixed up bag of herbs and chemicals that someone took a blowtorch to and now we get to smell the cinders. Very dirty, smoky vibe to it.

It's my favorite out of the whole line simply because it's so bizarre.

lolitajade
lolitajade

Yes it does smell of bandages and a very weird perfume. It is, however, very addictive.

My only worry is, it maybe one of those perfumes you, yourself love but other people may say "Whats that strange smell" when you are around because they wont realise it is your perfume.

Bratpat
Bratpat

Smells masculine at first, like smoke and wood shavings, then two minutes after it turns to powdery soap. Very nice scent if you're feeling sweaty.

lisa o
lisa o

smelled like kitchen garbage (fruit peel and cigarette filters and ash) the first time I smelled it. today I found it more appealing and witty in its flowery, fruity smokiness, but I like a similar concept- encens et bubblegum by ELDO- more, because it is brighter and very clear in its humour and message. will go for a spritz on skin, this time I didn't dare...

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

Agree heartily with kida2010... love the concept, shame about the execution...with these notes it could have been spectacular, but all it smelt like was burned grass...and I'm not talking lawn clippings here
Smoky, choking... dirty, but not in a good way , at least not good to me. If you're after "unwashed dope smoker"...this could be your scent.
My truest and humblest apologies to those who love this scent.
But this is just my opinion, after a test spray, and knowing how many truly awesome smoky, incensey scents are out there

kida2010
kida2010

Love the concept, shame about the smell. It literally is like gods bad breath! Almost gagged, Shame.

Aredore
Aredore

Like most insufferable snobs I was lead to venture into the trippy-hippy Lush store to try their revival of BNTBTBB's "Breath of God," given five stars or some such ilk by pompous genius and loveable curmudgeon, Luca Turin. His review, as I member it, described the original version as a juxtaposition between smoke and fruit. I sort of expected plums and incense - like a smokey, filthy J'adore. That is not what I got.

"Breath of God" smells like, upon initial application, harsh, twiggy woodsmoke, a bit like a very raw cannabis. I found the opening to be pervasive and loud, like wearing a neon billboard that says "I smoke a lot a weed! Deal with it!" It was something I found intriguing, but sort of one-dimensional. It didn't even smell that good. Two hours in, Breath of God started to do something magical, something I didn't think most modern releases bothered with anymore: It started to evolve.

Over the course of the first two hours, the burnt-twiggyness of the incense opening got high on itself and melted into a beautiful, smokey and lightly sweet floral, with little bits of lily and jasmine and a tiny smidgen of rose. The whole thing seems weirdly fresh. It must be the barely perceptible amounts of citrus and herbs simply lightening the whole thing. This is a modern, vegan interpretation of Cabochard: A cruelty-free pleather and smoke fragrance with a witty, minty freshness.

Gres, are you taking notes?

garethjamesluke
garethjamesluke

absolutely hideous fragrance! 'Breath of God'? god really needed to brush his teeth...

sorak-kara
sorak-kara

A warm, deep and interesting scent, Breath of God has a dark and spicy colour to it, with a creamy texture and a clean, refreshing finish.
It starts out a bit strange, but develops uniquely and wonderfully on everyone I've tried it on. It goes through different phases throughout the day, but stays enjoyable straight to the end.
Breath of God is a little bit masculine, but not too much for a woman to use. It gives a comforting feeling, with a touch of mysticism. Truly a unique and mysterious scent that attracts many questions from others.

emmiwemmy
emmiwemmy

I tried this in Lush Regent Street, along with a lot of the other scents in the Gorilla line. Breath of God was the first one I tried and I sprayed it all over my wrist. I took one sniff and flinched my arm away- it was HORRENDOUS. I was so disappointed, almost nauseous, wanted to go and wash my arm because it was such a stench! Then I smelled lots of other ones on paper strips and finally bought Karma (which I keep coming back to). Then my boyfriend and I went and did some more shopping. An hour or two later I pushed my glasses up and my wrist touched my nose and I just stopped there on the sidewalk, sniffing my wrist. It smelled sooooo good! I couldn't believe that the stink I put on had developed into such a different scent. I was obsessed... Couldn't stop smelling myself. So I had to buy it. My point; try it, let it work on your skin and see what happens as it works with your chemistry before you make up your mind. If I had only tried it on a paper strip I wouldn't have ever known that this was for me. It isn't for everyone... But I love it!

lovingthealien

I think Jean Carles really would have loved this.

Blaze00
Blaze00

Im a man and I love this scent :D I went today to a LUSH boutique because I heard that this one is a 'masculine' scent. I can just agree, near me there was a girl testing this fragrance and she was like 'it smells very good but for a man'. I smiled and I tested the fragrance : HEAVY incense-lemon with wood in the beginning, i mean its heavy and it is another type of incense, very interesting, not very oriental but more from Tibet temples or something like that.

The scent : Take Lemon, Melon and cucumber and add a blast of incense and dark smoke. You have Breath of god

I think it is more masculine it is a must try ! For 9 ml i paid 15 $, a good deal !

EDIT : I don't know why but when i re-smelled this fragrance, i hated it..i think i bought this fragrance based on the hype around it and i was just blind... however what i said before is true. It smells exactly as i said : tibetan encens with cucumber-melon-lemon. And know i think it is weird...
Who knows, i may fall in love again, it is a very tricky one :D

Ponyfields

Bah, had to buy this again after I swapped it away. If this scent was a scenario it would be: standing on the very edge of a snow covered mountain, gazing down at an ancient forest while the guides set up camp for the night as we halt our journey to see the mystic at the top. And we'd probably have to travel through some ice caves and fight a snow dragon. Or something.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

I have the solid from a Boxing Day sale (it was 50% off) as well as a small sample of the liquid fragrance from the Lush sample pack.

Breath Of God is not an awful scent however it makes me think of first-aid ---- it smells just like the combination of a fabric band-aid (plaster) & Dettol (antiseptic) cream.

It may be a good background scent to layer with a very sweet fragrance -- I tried layering it with my Lush Dirty Solid which worked quite well, however I won't be wearing it on its own, or repurchasing.

Ponyfields

Oh, this is weird. This smells of smoke, mint and almonds to me. It never turns sweet on my skin, as some reviewers have had it do, and it becomes a really masculine scent that does wonders for clearing out my sinuses. Like a big sniff of Vicks Vapour Rub.

I actually really like this despite, or perhaps because, it's so strange. Unfortunately my boyfriend recoiled like a vampire from a cross when I asked him if he liked it. Hissing, spitting, cringing. Bah.

Killercolours
Killercolours

I bought this one for my boyfriend and I can't get enough of it, I just keep sniffing him all the time. The scent is so complex and beautiful, alluring but not necessarily sexy. Nearly bizarre with its icy mint and smoke, like throwing a couple of ice picks on the campfire.

I don't care too much for the sweet and watery hint of melon and cucumber, if you like sweet and fresh you'll definitely love that aspect of it, but for me personally it could have been left out completely. This beauty doesn't need it, it would have been complete anyways!

lovingthealien

This is the most bizarre fragrance. Icy and smoldering, it has what must be one of the most dissonant compositions I've witnessed. Cool, icy melon blends with smokey shrill aldehydes to create something quite heavy and with momentum. Neroli sticks out like a sore thumb, creating a loud blast in the chaos. Cade and Ylang-Ylang carry the fighting further, never quite settling down until the base seems to rest a bit on a dark sandalwood/vetiver, the action slowly dying down. Positively way beyond strange, this fragrance is the definition of dissonance. I really love sniffing it, though I'm not quite sure if its dissonance is really well crafted chaos or just a beautifully fascinating trainwreck.

If the story is correct, it's just Inhale mixed with Exhale - something the ingredients list will certainly not contest!

noori
noori

I have the solid version, and it is a good one (good sillage, average projection)

First it is citrus mixed with pepper & melon, then incense, sandalwood and cedar slowly enters the fragrance. A bit like sunlight in the winter, sharp, cold, but strangley calming and it makes you feel inspired, and that life is beautiful.

scentous
scentous

too masculine, and not a good one, too strong and woody, you expect something more according to the name but not for me and not for my husband either..

kkw80
kkw80

I know there's a Etat Libre d'Orange scent called Incense Bubblegum. Breath of God should have been named that. It's a good melony smoky bubblegum, but not sure how Luca Turin gave it 5 stars.. Sillage and longevity ok.

Matt Oldham

This one blew my mind. It is one of the greatest ever. But the bubblegum part: it's specifically bubblegum in the package, a vintage 1970s drugstore miasma of candy and comic books. I can't say all of the things I'd like to because it would take forever. But I'm going to buy multiple bottles so I will always have, I love it that much.

jacaranda_la
jacaranda_la

I love how unique it is, and the risks it takes, but on me, it wears like smoky cucumbers, which I can't seem to get past.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

As others have said, this is quite a bizarre scent. It has some fruity notes, yet the incense is very strong and there's almost a campfire note to it. I find it to be extremely masculine and I would not suggest it for women. If you like the melon scent but think this one is too smoky, I would go for LUSH's "Inhale" perfume, as it is the fruity half of Breath of God ("Exhale" is the smoky half). I have been wanting to get some Inhale for a while as I appreciate the fruity notes in this but cannot stand the smoky notes.

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

Im wearing it right now in bed layered with Ninfeo Mio, and it thankfully takes the 'sweat' note out of Goutal.i don't really get the vetiver in bog! And I'm a guerlain vetiver fan.

KEW
KEW

Throat lozenges or medicated ointment!! Even my young son said 'mummy, there's a really strange smell' coming home in the car after testing it!

Original Review April 2011:

Everybody suggested Breath Of God as one of the weirdest fragrances around and as I'm always very curious about strange perfumes I immediatley decided to try it. A bizarre composition with mint, smoky incense/vetiver and fruits that's quite weird indeed. Linear and just a tad loud but definitely distinctive and (somehow) pleasant. It opens with incese juxtaposed to melon to then "evolve" into a smoky vetiver and a sort of woody-fruit-salad that's fresh and dark at the same time. Funny and very wearable, but far from being the masterpiece I expected.

I think I made a big mistake with Breath Of God as the first time I smelled it, I was at Lush surrounded by the loud and cacophonous chemical aroma that is typical of this kind of stores and, as the sense of smell is inarguably bounded and related to memory, my brain is no more able to dissociate the smell of BOG from the fake "natural-justmade-cosmethics&soaps" odour of Lush's points of sale. I decided to buy a 10ml vial anyway and maybe, one day, I'll be able to fully appreciate Breath Of God.

Edit July 2011:

After several wearings I can say I'm addicted. The smoky vetiver juxtaposed to the general fresh vibe is extremely compelling and unique. Kudos.

Rating: 8.5-9/10

AprilLouisa
AprilLouisa

Fresh, Crisp, Clean, Cool.

Bought this today after trying to find a "me" perfume - Tom, the helpful guy in my local lush came to help, and after me telling him I loved orientals and the smell of incense straight away he said this was the one for me. I closed my eyes and he made me pick between two fragrances, saying yes to the 1st or 2nd. There were about 8 in total for me to pick between. I said yes to this a lot of times, but I recognised karma straight away "that's Karma! I always wear it" (I recognised it 3 times after smelling different perfumes and he laughed and said to my bf "she knows her karma!" Haha. So besides karma this was the obvious winner. He said it was based on Tibetan incense, which is so me it's crazy. I love it and bought the solid, it'll be gone before long!

sky76sky
sky76sky

kris919 - excellent scent-perception....I had been struggling to pin down "that" note...."someday you're going to love a perfume that smells like lemons and gasoline soaked burning airplane fuselage" LOVE it! Spot on.

kris919
kris919

I have a sample of this, and I can't wait to get a full bottle. I have never smelled anything like this and I probably never will again. If someone had said to me "someday you're going to love a perfume that smells like lemons and gasoline soaked burning airplane fuselage", I would've said "yeah, get the hell away from me moron". But that's what happened. I love it. I love it at its most gasoline-y, and I love it at drydown where it way more mellow but still sharp and smoky.

meowmixmuffin
meowmixmuffin

I make very frequent stops at the local LUSH boutique. I'm totally in love with their products, their values, their everything. They're a beautiful company.
I'll start by saying this - Right off the bat, the lovely lady at LUSH said this to me: "On her, (with a point at the other sales associate) Breath of God smells like a melon garden in wonderland. On me, it smells like an ash tray."
She then proceeded to smear the solid perfume all over my arm. Oh great.
Anyway, to my relief, I ended up with the melon garden. This fragrance is beautiful on the right person, but if your chemistry doesn't agree with it, don't bother "trying to like it". You won't.
I highly recommend trying this perfume a few times before you actually make a purchase. Go in a few times, throw some on, walk around for a half hour and then see how you feel about it.
Me, I really like it. I don't know if I like it enough to buy it.. I have issues with melons. :P But give it a shot, because it has the potential to be beautiful.

flowermom
flowermom

many moons ago i used to work for lush, but hated coming home every night smelling of "the shop"...when ever you walk into a lush store you have 90,00000 smells hitting you which makes it very difficult to get a true smell of anything, of all the lush perfumes the only one i like is "BOG" (Breath of god) i do not see how this is a unisex fragrance tho, its really quite sweet smelling almost smells of bubble gum so personally i wouldnt like my hubby smelling of it as its too girly, its actually rather nice, i love gourmet perfumes, vanilla, pink sugar, etc so this sits well with me, plus it doesnt have that "lush" smell like many of the other perfumes do, lasting power is pretty good, but it is expensive!! i dont want to get too attached to it as lush do tend to discontinue perfumes every few years so i suspect in a year or 2 this will be gone aswell, if you like sweet smells this will suit, when you test from the tester bottle in the shop you wont get a true smell from the perfume, its only when you let it sit on your skin for about 10 mins outside of lush,you can smell how nice it is, you can often pick it up alot cheaper on ebay x

cdaleb73110
cdaleb73110

I have worn this quite a few times. Seems different every single time I wear it. I've had it go from smoky, incence, spicy to almost a bubblegum smell. Never had anything like it. I've noticed if I'm active it smells one way, if warm another, if cold even another. Sure not to get bored with this one. I have found when wearing I get the same co-workers asking, "What are you wearing?", like it is the first time they have smelled it. Rather funny when I tell them it's the same scent. I do get compliemnts either way and rather enjoy the way it changes.

hollyms
hollyms

Not everyone will like this. It's a masculine, unisex scent that screams winter. I agree with someone who said this can be hard to wear. It would take a bold person to make this their signature scent. I think it's more suitable for occasional wear because it's so strong and out there.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

A daring scent too.
It quickly swindled thru smells of mint, melon, incense then sandalwood.
The first two of Lush line I try I've quickly decides that yeah they're obviously of high quality oils and mixtures, so says the price tag too ($55-30ml), which is a good thing on paper, but these scents, in character, ten to be very cloying and hard to wear.
Jo Malone's line was often referee to as soft and weak, and being niche and expensive it's not what you want, but nearly every scent I tried had a softness, freshness and beauty to them that made them very pleasant to wear.
I have CK Euphoria Intense, which really adopts the Oud, to the point where it cannot be worn on any day but a cool one. CK Obsession Night, same story, but not from Oud.
The reference Breath of God is not so much a blessing as it is a dominance.

If you're into niche, go try the whole line, unfortunately for me, I'm not THAT into niche.

Breath Of God by Lush 3.54 out of 5 based on 404 ratings and 102 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lush Breath Of God fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lush Breath Of God, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Breath Of God by Lush. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Breath Of God by Lush represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.