Designers » L » Oriental Floral « Groups

Imogen Rose Lush for women and men

Imogen Rose Lush for women and men
dislike

Imogen Rose Lush for women and men Pictures

Imogen Rose is a damask rose fragrance with bergamot, vetiver, ambrette seed, tonka bean and iris root. Imogen Rose was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Simon Constantine.

Vetiver Tonka Bean Bergamot Orris Root Rose Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Basil

Into Glamour

Imogen Rose Fragrance Reviews

gh0stly
gh0stly

I love this! I decided to give it a shot since Rose Jam probably won't be available in perfume form till the holidays. Although I'm glad I did. I was given a sample of the solid perfume and wore it the other day. I'm surprised by this because when I read the reviews on the LUSH website so many people said the solid perfume did not last long etc. I put it on my pulse points so my neck, behind ears, wrists and the inside of my elbows. I kept smelling it while I was out that day. I would get random whiffs of this lovely fresh red powdery rose. I usually hate anything powdery but I do like this one. For some odd reason it reminds me of the 90's like Daria and grungy clothes/music. I have no idea why. Maybe because I remember one morning on my older sisters birthday in the late 90's her friend came over and gifted her a solid perfume that smelled like some type of hippy flowers haha. Anyways I do plan on purchasing this. Not sure how the actual perfume is but loved the solid perfume.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

There's a briar patch on the edge of a forest where the wind doesn't blow, where the ground is dry and covered in dust, and the dust crawls into the cracks of your feet and further up, and up, into your nostrils as you walk toward that briar patch, and on the briar patch there's a rose. This is that rose.

I'm pretty sure this is what it smelled like outside of Sleeping Beauty's castle when she was asleep and Maleficent was in charge, all darkness and dirt with no sweetness to be found. Sniffing this makes me feel like coughing. I will say it's enchanted in a dark way, but no thanks. I like my roses more optimistic.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

I'm a dude, and I just adore Roses in perfumes, and I'll wear a Rose perfume all day, any day... IF, it's blended well. That Damascus Rose is really pretty for about the first 30 minutes, until the overly potent Orris Root pushes it's rude way through the entire scent pyramid while hastily shoving what was a gorgeous Rose aside, and completely smothering it in baby powder which leaves a nice and lovely olfactory illusion of a babies diaper, but an unsoiled one, naturally... and that's Imogen Rose, for hours and hours, and frankly, I think I'd rather smell Oakmoss, and I absolutely loathe Oakmoss with a passion. If that horribly overpowering Orris Root was removed from this concoction, Imogen Rose would be a definite go and worth the coin, which leads me to the price of this juice. $67.xx and some odd change + tax for 30 ml`s is extremely overpriced for what is being delivered here, so let's do some simple math for a second... that's over $200- for 100ml`s to smell like a babies didee that's heavily dusted with Rose scented baby powder. I could purchase 20 flacons of The Purfumer`s Workshop`s Tea Rose for that which equals 2,400ml`s and just stink to high Heaven like a real Rose for endless hours until I'm dead...

lovetribe
lovetribe

too basil!!!the basil is most than rose!!!not for me!!

Sasikunya
Sasikunya

A sharp blend of woody notes and rose and quite soapy too. I was trying to find a true rose fragrance so sadly this is not quite what I have in mind. Also, it is so difficult to smell the perfume as krmarich mentioned earlier that in the lush store you are engulfed by these different scents. It kinda makes it hard to try perfume in this store.

Antares811
Antares811

I've tried the stick version, it's a beautiful, delicate, powdery (a bit soapy) rose.
Perfect for layering too. Recommended.

Eos
Eos

A musky rose with a woody vanillic base. Surprisingly, despite this impression, it doesn't really come off as powdery to me. A rather generic rendition of rose. Soft, feminine and ultimately nice but not particularly memorable. The EDT has very polite but noticeable sillage, the solid perfume has no sillage to speak of.

szilvihorv
szilvihorv

My ultimate rose fragrance. I never thought such a day would come when I not only like a perfume with rose as the main note but LOVE one. Rose notes usually (unfortunately, because I quite adore the smell of the actual flowers) nauseate me. But not Imogen Rose! I've got little idea what makes this perfume work for me, but honestly I don't even want to know. I really love the idea of this mysterious, hardly identifiable, enigmatic rose scent with the subtle undertone of powdery sweetness. It feels somewhat vintage on me, and I can just imagine Marie Antoinette wear something like this. Such a misfortune she has no chance to grab a bottle of the delirious Imogen Rose!

ColdDiss
ColdDiss

The top notes are lovely, powdery roses, and I can appreciate the natural essences used to construct it... but there is also that something clunky and crude in the base of most of the LUSH fragrances I've tried that is strongly reminiscent of a tootsie roll. Being that the LUSH bottles are opaque, at some point in my sampling I began to imagine that there is an actual tootsie roll floating around half-dissolved in the bottle itself. Now there's no turning back, and no wearing anything from this house either.

krmarich
krmarich

I was able to sample Imogen Rose at a local Lush store. One thing is for sure, upon entering the store my nose locked up and I couldn't smell anything. The over whelming rush of soap and whatnot products filled my nose until I could leave!

I am a rose lover, yet Imogen Rose fails to capture my affection. As a solid, you can control it thankfully! It begins as a dry, soapy affair that isn't very modern or youthful. I waited. Maybe it was just my nose, as I had to step outside of the store to experience it.

Is this stale lipstick? No. It has a vintage quality to it. Its not quite funeral home roses. Its more like an old bathroom spray. The only thing I could think of is fragranced toilette paper from the 1970s. Its not repulsive or overbearing. Its like background music. It seems afraid to be a rose based composition. A better word for it would be Powder Room Rose.

In fact it is rather natural, clean and comfortable. Its just not something I would wear in public. I find it more a middle of the road scent.

Update 3/19/14-Lush sent me a sample of Queen of Hearts in a solid. It is the definitive rose scent from Gorilla Perfumes. If only they would release this! It has a Victorian rose-violet character that puts Imogen to shame.

Amethyststar

Edit to add, I was wrong--they DO still make this!! I am waiting for my order to arrive, and I am thrilled to have found this incredible scent.

Amethyststar

Still searching, searching for my perfect rose--got a deal on the solid, so I chanced it. Well--not what I was expecting, but WOW! I LOVE it! The reviews said it was made for a little girl, but I don't get anything childlike or innocent from this. It is rich, spicy, and sensual. I cannot say I have ever experienced a fragrance like this one. On me, I do not get any powder notes. After an hour on my skin, it really does not seem to have changed at all! Kind of a cinnamony/rose, sweet but not overly so. Of course I would find this now that they don't make it any longer!

Ouch!
Ouch!

Now, I love me some rose. But I DON'T love me some Imogen Rose. Whereas I like my roses to be modern and unusual. This feels old fashioned, way too musky and unusually sweet in a bad way. It smells dusky.

Lush perfumes all have this underlying "lushie" feel and Imogen rose steps out of that bubble slightly. There's just something tooooo rosey (if there is such a thing) about this which strikes a weird chord with my nose. I really can appreciate it for it's roseyness and boy...it IS rosey but, the combination of powder puffy musk and a very strong candyish feel just isn't sitting right with me.

It smells like rose that's been left in a cupboard for a while.

It's my least favourite of all the lush perfumes to date. I worked there for 2 years so have smelled some good and some bad fragrances they've made whether it be in perfumes or products and this one is a miss for me.

A big plus is the throw and staying power. It's really impressive. This dries down really nicely and is still noticeable for a really long time. I woke up this morning and could still smell it quote strongly on my pj's and skin!!!

You can't win em all!

LisaMari
LisaMari

I think its quite animalic/musky - which must be from the ambrette - it gives a warm skin-like quality to the rose and the orris root makes it breathy. I imagine a flesh coloured rose and babys breath.. it's just lovely

stephanieklein
stephanieklein

I am obsessed with rose scents, but IMOGEN ROSE is old rose, as in a period piece with whale bone corsets and petticoats. And the vetiver represents the butler. IMOGEN ROSE smells like the powder room of an overly-decorated loo, fit with too many shell hand soaps and tassels over stiff hand towels.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Rose Absolute AND Rose oil? YES PLEASE!

It is rare, very rare that you'll find a fragrance with both... and the fact that this is only around £40 for 30ml is fantastic value for money.

If you're a rose fan you must try this!

It's such a delicate, soft-powdery, buttery, green scent. I like to wear it in winter and spring.

pigeonette
pigeonette

I put this on before going out, and after partying for hours, around 4 AM, I was standing alone shattered when a guy came up to me, apologised and hugged me 'simply because I smelled so good'. enough said.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

Gorgeous perfume! What an experience. The opening is an intens fresh, dewy rose, surrounded by some greens, but the rose quickly becomes incredibly smoky and dark.
The drydown is dark, balsamic, incensy smoky, but the rose is still quite noticeble and even sweet. A true delight to the nose. Strange and maybe not entirely wearable but glorious non the less. This goes straight to my want list.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

This is excellent value for money. The rose is pretty, but not too sweet. It smells a lot more expensive than it is. There is something retro about it, like those rose breath sweets you used to be able to get in a tin. Longevity is very good too. It's also great to see the solid perfume being available more.

sophiealbarn
sophiealbarn

This reminds me a bit of the iconic Lipstick Rose (not as wonderful, though) just a bit more powdery with a tiny hint of citrus over a classic, pure rose.

nueve35
nueve35

When I tried on the solid perfume at a Lush store, I could barely smell anything, even after leaving the building. The liquid sample smelt horrible in the bottle, so I put it off of my mind until today when I wanted something rose-scented. It started off clean and floral (I pictured a nice cup of herbal tea, and then a spring shower on a quiet rose garden), then it slowly turned to reveal a sweet, melon-like scent. Though I'm not particularly fond of wearing fruity fragrances, the development is interesting for such a subtle and calming perfume. This might just become my daytime staple.

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

At first, I was kind of attracted to the innocent quality of this scent. This is a rather Victorian and extremely powdery kind of rose. At times it can be cloying, but it is clearly of high quality ingredients and it is a long lasting scent. It makes me feel like I am enshrouded in a baby pink melancholy cloud. However, I just never find myself able to wear this one. I can't get past those green powdery notes.

cinnakitty
cinnakitty

I have had both edp sample and solid form of this. My then five year old took straight to the edp, choosing to apply it after her bath. On her skin it was beautiful, soft rose, vetiver held back, a teeny dab was plenty, and far more suitable for a child than most of the sickly baby offerings with their chemical musks and citrus.

On me, the solid heralds its arrival on skin with an equal blast of vetiver and rose, but thankfully the rose wins. It softens as time goes by, allowing the mellow orris base to come through. as others have said, this is not every rose perfume. It's more real, and not that awful tea rose kind of perfume I hate, yes you... Paul Smith and Crabtree and Evelyn!!

I'd recommend this for a comfort scent, post bath, on a dark winter evening. Pour yourself a glass of nice red wine to go with it, and make sure your bedlinen is fresh, I think sweet dreams should ensue.

danieq
danieq

While this is certainly a rose scent, there is a quality in it that makes me think of honeydew melon. It's sort a pulpy feeling. It feels thick and goopy. As it dries down, the vanilla softens the pulp and a powdery note come forward as well. To me, this is not a sweet rose, but more clean and green (but not green as in, the whole bush and the dirt too) more like the scent of the rose stem freshly cut. I find it wears for a very long time. Later in the developement, it has a woodsy, smokey quality, still accented by that melony, powdering rose. Kind of a juicy rose I think. I'm considering adding this to my collection.

Animato
Animato

I tested the solid version and what I found was the nicest, calmest, most fragile scent I have ever tried. On my friends arm (she has ivory skin and red hair) it smelled very soapy and quite squeeky. But on me it was sweet, toned down and very soft. Try before you buy ;)

hean16
hean16

On me, Imogen Rose (in solid form) oddly developed into something not unlike Shalimar. However where previously I found that Shalimar was too granny-like on me, there's something quite comforting in this solid perfume and I've come to love the warmth and spice in it. Unexpected favourite!

Drake.Shannon
Drake.Shannon

I LOVE this perfume even though I feel like I shouldn't. It smells of play-doh and grandma initially... but in a way that instantly makes you smile.

This perfume just makes me feel fresh and happy and playful, it really calls good memories to my mind. After wearing it for a few months I grew to smell it's more complicated notes of orris root and bergamot which sharpen the rose and keep it fresh, also the vetiver and tonka notes that warm the rose up.

My boyfriend cannot get over the rose = grandma factor. So I wear this scent just for me on spa days when I want to feel relaxed and comforted, just like grandma used to make me feel. ..but you know... in a way that dosent make me feel like I AM a grandma :)

aletheaborealis
aletheaborealis

One of the contenders for my top 10 favourite perfumes of all time. The amount of natural rose absolute + rose oil in this is awe-inspiring, added to that is a large amount of naturals which make this relatively simple scent so complex on the skin.

This mauve rose is soft, powdery and so innocent but there's a hint of honey and fruit from the rose absolute and the orris, vetiver, eugenol and tonka add layers of woody, creamy, milky, spice that makes this scent slightly edible and so comforting.

PerfumeExperience
PerfumeExperience

I'm glad i decided to give Imogen Rose another chance. It smells TERRIBLE on my skin, but I'm truly in love with it as an all over scent. The rose note is so enchanting and I get strong whiffs of it throughout the day. It's amazing how perfume can smell so different depending on how you use it.

The underlining musk mallow adds a touch of sophistication to this charming beauty and gives it great sillage as well. This one requires a little patience, as the initial spritz might be a little too intimidating for the more timid sniffer, but with time, the scent turns to a very gentle and soothing powder rose with just a hint of vetiver.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

Man, how do people say the Lush line lasts for barely an hour on them?! Must be personal chemistry not agreeing with natural ingredients. Anyways my oh my lush what an interesting house. I think this is the rose I've been searching for. A green, lush (pun intended), woody, foresty rose without that accursed patchouli note. Warmed by the sun yet darkened by the ambrette and vetiver. That's it, it's decided, I must obtain a sample, probably the solid version based on the reviews. I hope the powder isn't too much...

tyrone.d.sowden
tyrone.d.sowden

This is one of my favourite perfumes from Lush.I have the solid version and I absolutely love it It lasts on me the whole day and brings out a fresh vibe of a woody rose forest scent absolutely beautiful :)

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

A Starch Dry Rose

As many have mentioned this is the scent of of Rose-scented talcum powder, evoking images of Victorian period with dandy ladies and coifed hair. As intended by its creator, the rose is true to life, but in a dried Rose petal form, its "powdery" texture propelled on by Orris and Vetiver with a plushness layer added by signature Tonka focused base.
Personally I only like a very small spectrum of roses, most of which are dark sweet and velvety, this Rose is not for me!

For those who says this is cheap and overpriced scent , i beg to differ, while Lush Scent definitely bend outwards of the normal Perfumery Style, they do use high quality oils and absolutes.
Listed in particular are Rose Absolute,Orris Butter, Tonka Absolute, Vetiver Oil , Ambrette Seed Oil, Rose Oil , Bergamot Oil (citrus oil)

Sillage is overwhelming with an average longevity

cinsot
cinsot

A true aromatic rose. Such a stirring composition.

Imogen Rose has been a wonderful discovery, actually most of the Lush Gorilla perfumes have impressed me.

A sensual earthiness embraces you adorned in this slightly-alternative witches brew. I sense the crunch of the ambrette seed oozing erotic musks, herbaceous freshly torn basil leaves and thick velvety rose petals mostly on my skin.

Rich vanilla tonka notes fashion a comely presence while vetiver constructs a masculine edge. Climatic amatory musks awaken the beast within.

Stunning.

blaqk_rabbit
blaqk_rabbit

I had this perfume once upon a time, and I actually really enjoyed wearing it- I love rosy scents.
I'm not a huge fan of all of LUSH's perfumes, but seeing as this one isn't citrussy based it's really nice.
The main notes I got from this one were rose and ambrette, both which seem to sit quite nicely on my skin. I would wear this perfume generally on an average day because where it did smell really quite nice, I didn't find it to be anything super special. I did however, appreciate that one could tell it was a rose fragrance and not a fragrance with rose in it. I may buy it again someday.

I have often expressed exasperation with the house of Lush "perfume" concoctions, many of which contain such harsh citrus oils in such ridiculously high concentrations that I find them altogether unpleasant to smell, if not downright destructive to my nasal passages. Thank goodness there are a couple of exceptions to the rule, IMOGEN ROSE being a case in point.

This perfume--yes, it actually seems to me to be a perfume, unlike most of the "stuff" from this house--smells swell. How could it not? one might well wonder, given that it boasts ambrette, orris butter, and damascus rose--both absolute and oil. Also present are vetiver and tonka. Notably absent? Let's see... yes, you guessed it: citrus oil.

I love the comforting, rich layer which the rose, the ambrette, and the orris create. The sweetness of the tonka is perhaps cut by the vetiver. Overall, there is a splendid texture to this composition, and I would easily choose to wear this as a perfume, rather than simply donning it before a bath, as is my usual use for the not-so-lush liquids in the sample vials of which I have quite a collection, having ordered them in order to satisfy my curiosity about this house.

In fact, I did just don IMOGEN ROSE before a bath, and when I emerge, I may put it on again...

Nice work, Simon. Way to steer clear of the citrus oil on this one.

Aredore
Aredore

For the record: I love Roses, and I know what they smell like, in their all their oils and infusions and wild live-on-branch varieties. I can tell when somebody says "rose," but they really mean "peony." We're looking at you, Imogen Rose.

Imogen had an appealing lightness to her when I was running down the samples at my local Lush store. All the other scents were so dense and forbidding that the friendly embrace of rose oil beckoned. It smelled like rose for about 15 minutes.

Pleasant and cheery for the first half hour, Imogen Rose's scent devolved with time into the salty powdery scent of one of their overpriced bath bombs (8.95!?) sweet like the nasal singing of unnamed Disney pop princesses.

In short, a Turkish Delight opening with Bazooka bubblegum drydown.

Shwets

I bought the spray version after being besotted by the scent of the solid. The spray is like the solid minus the waxy note.

A SA at Lush told me yest that the rose used for this is the same that Chanel use....

Perhaps that explains why i liked this over Chanel (had smelt Coco Noir) even before the SA mentioned anything!

Would love to re purchase but sillage is low after a while. Worth purchasing because the quality is high and Lush do not test on animals. For these reasons i would pay the extra.

Galya
Galya

natural powder with some awful vintage's note of "old lady".
don't like it .

Shwets

This is for the perfume solid. I wasnt to keen on the spray version.

The solid lasts all day on me wearing close to the skin and quite strong. Its a lovely earthy rose yet very sweet and lush (excuse the pun!) with a green musky feel. The scent reminds me of the Lush scent as you walk into the shop. It has that baby powder vibe as the scent settles. Really love this one the most out of the solid range. Then my other favs are Karma and Tuca Tuca.

Hmmmm just put some on now after writing the review...

orchid_84
orchid_84

A lovely sweet and slightly powdery rose. The rose and tonka are the strongest for me, giving it a slight gourmand feel a little like Yves Rocher Rose Absolute. However, Imogen Rose leans more towards the light and romantic side, whereas Rose Absolute is thicker, spicier and more sensuous. The natural ingredients in Imogen Rose are evident in how realistic it smells. The vetiver adds a woody, earthy depth, and the drydown is dusty, honeyed rose petals. A gorgeous scent - definitely recommended.

noori
noori

First it is a strong rose, with lots of orris root, bergamot and maybe there is some vetiver, I presume, to make the rose a bit smokey and earthy: a bit like a dirty rose, and not only the flower, rather the whole plant (even the thorns, perhaps?). Later the orris and vetiver fades, so the tonka can swweeten the rose, and turn it into a powdery, girly, honey-scented rose. If it agrees with your skin-chemistry, it is a very nice, wearable rose, not the typical super-powdery one, but also not the most complex, dark, mysterious rose. Just rose, as a plant, first fresh and earthy, then a bit sweet - just as the plant grows, and finally blooms.

brettashley
brettashley

Well, I have to say that Imogen Rose has amazing longevity. The first time I wore it, I put it on before going to bed. The next morning, over 8 hours later, I woke up and it was not only still there, but it was going strong - enough to give me a headache. I washed it off and thought it must've been a bad idea to try it for the first time as a bedtime fragrance.

But now, trying it again, I still can't say I like Imogen. On first application, it's a beautiful deep rose with smoky vetiver. I want very much to like this. But something about it is syrupy sweet and powdery at the same time, and that triggers headaches for me. It's just a little too cloying, a little too strong. I've been looking for a rose perfume, so it's not like I don't like rose - it's just that this particular one isn't for me.

I bet I'd love to smell this on other people, but it's not a fragrance I can have on myself for too long.

scentous
scentous

this is a review for rose lovers, otherwise don't bother reading it or buying Imogen rose..It is powder and rose, a smoky dusty soft rose, I only get some iris in the opening lasting a few minutes, rest is all about rose, not old lady like, simple but chic, I luuuv it, but unfortunately sillage and longevity is weak as in all Lush scents..this one is more pricey as it is made of real rose petals, not synthetic at all, but I question whether it is worth the money or not..and for the ones unfamiliar with Lush perfumes, they are tiny tiny GORILLAS (don't get fooled by the pictures it is only 30 ml).

bronstein
bronstein

Well yes, the smell of a rose, as a perfume. This one does excactly what it says on the bottle. The scent may be not to everyone's flavour, as it could be regarded as a bit "grandma-ish." But if you are over 30 and combine it with some elegant, but by any means modern outfit, then it should work.

elderflowers
elderflowers

The bar for straight rose scents is set high. Even vintage-style rose, with a powdery backdrop somewhere between violet and vanilla, is still a crowded field; the losers in this race often fall down by smelling not merely old-school, but actively dowdy. For this reason, 'rose' for me tends to mean big, buttery rose soliflores that can be applied only in tiny quantities – or you risk suffocating everyone – but really 'pop' in the right setting.

In contrast, 'Imogen Rose' is a ladylike affair. The drydown reminds me quite a lot of the heavier and now-extinct 'Snow Rose' by Floris, one of the most unapologetically powdery, cosmetic-y rose perfumes I've ever worn; I used it to get in the mood when wearing Victorian costume. The nearest currently available equivalent might be 'Red Rose' by Arabian perfumers Al-Rehab, a 'powder and lipstick' cosmetic-y rose with a major nod to Kenzo Flower. Others have suggested L'Aimant, which is very powdery to me, but I can see that if layered over any basic rose scent, especially in crème form, the outcome would probably be an awful lot like Imogen Rose.

Imogen Rose is IMO pleasant enough, but in no way unusual, and there are many ways of getting the same vintage effect for less outlay.

Allinug
Allinug

I bought the solid perfume today and it's a wonderful, soft and creamy smell of roses on me, love it.

Usually I don't like rose perfumes so I didn't expect to like this one but I was really wrong.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I have an old love affair with Lush, the frankly gorgeous Simon Constantine, the fun shops after the Body Shop lost their social conscience, and the silly named things. However, I have come to the conclusion that their stuff is a bit like buying a bag of air. The scents are too linear, simple and a little boring, even good ones like Icon and B-Scent, which are the ones I admire the most. I expected great things from Imogen Rose, but really I would buy Coty's L'Aimant before this for a rose/jasmine kick. And I do feel that they vastly overprice their stuff. My basket came to about £30 for a few bath fizzers (all over in a few seconds) and a deodorant (£7 for a bit of Aromaco!).
Come on Lush, bring the prices down a bit - where are those socialist principles going??

melaniemountjoy
melaniemountjoy

I like this as a solid perfume, however it smells completely different as a liquid edt. To me the solid version smells much sweeter yet less intense and not over bearingly flowery. I found the liquid edt just a bit too strong, even with just one spritz.

I like rose scents but not this one. As a solid perfume it was still smelling ok - like roses and almond maybe - but as a spray, it was really really *ugggg". A strong harsh smell came out of the bottle and I couldn't trace any rose, just Ambrette and Orris root.

Spido
Spido

I love roses, but this one was quite boring.

Bedbug
Bedbug

I tried this in a Lush branch after being accosted by the sales assistant. She was so enthusiastic about it, spritzing it all over herself so I was quite hyped about it.

What a disappointment! I usually like rose in a fragrance but only as a subtle note. On me, this literally smells like a rose bush. My partner even said I smelt like a plant! Not really what I'm going for, admittedly.

As the notes changed, it began to smell a little vulgar and offensive on me with a really sharp, bitter edge. The sillage was luckily not so great so I didn't have to sit in a cloud of it the whole way home.

Not one for me.

Once again IMO the LUSH family offered a so-so product for big price! I stopped using their soaps because they are very expensive and short-lived and after an initial enthusiasm I could not stand those smells anymore. Many of them are very synthetical. Poor quality, high price.
Imogen Rose unfortunately doesn't escape the Lush rule. Great notes are listed indeed!
In a sense I had high expectations because I'm a sucker for rose perfumes, but I'm happy that I didn't rush for decants online when these were not available in my country. Not worthy at all.
I tested this one and other at a Lush shop for free.
I immediately smelled a nice rose with a ton of talcum. Not a bad scent in itself but one of the kind: uh, is it all here?
I sprayed other 3 and went away. I kept these perfumes on my skin for many hours and I'm glad that at least they were close to the skin.
They have a very long lasting power.
Imogen Rose did not big things for me. Only a faint rose and talcum. No nuance, no complexity, not even an attar quality of plain rose. NO Agent Provocateur, no Lady Vengeance, not even Tea Rose!
For all the fuss they make, all the quality they claim, all the marketing thing and all the cheap crap packaging... at 79 euro (why not 80 while you're there?) for a small 30ml they could do much better.
I will try again when I pass by their shop, just in case I had a fool nose today.

valarian
valarian

I liked Imogen Rose very much, I love rose fragrances and although there is a plethora of rose perfumes out there I still feel there is room left for even more. It very much depends on how you like your rose perfume to come across as to how you will receive Imogen.

For me this is very much in the boudoir category slightly old fashioned with the soft powdery aspect giving everything an almost warm vintage feel but it's also kind of quirky which allows it to cross age divides.

This is not complex or elegant but it is womanly with a rather nice earthiness to it almost dare I say a ‘come to bed perfume’. You only need a little as too much would be perhaps be too obvious but for anyone looking for a romantic perfume with bit of raunchiness going on then you will probably like this one.

If you fancy having a try or are looking for a bottle you can often find these on eBay for considerably less money... Well worth a look!

lara0905
lara0905

Imogen Rose is a dark, gothic rose fragrance for me.
Very dusty, earthy and insolent...yes, insolent..:)

Rose opens with vetiver and iris, the bergamott very pale, just hiding in the background. I can imagine it's like the smell of the fallen rose in the dust. After this dark debut the pale touch of bergamot start to give some life to the scent, but it's just cannot washed away the old fashioned, dusty feeling. The ambrette makes this dark emotions more darker and bitter, tonka drags deeper and gives a slightly sweet tone to the essence.

I agree this fragrance very old-school, but I don't think it's "old-lady"-like. Very depressive, sultry oriental.

P.s:
Really worth to wait the end, because after a few hours amazingly sweet, powdered rose touch left on my skin with beautifully noticable vanilla kiss.:)

The light at the end of the tunnel.:) Georgeous!

hollyms
hollyms

Frankly, I'm surprised at so many positive reviews on this one. This is probably my least favorite of all the Lush fragrances. It's completely old-fashioned, and yes, does smell like an old lady. I think that's because of the huge note of baby powder that runs throughout. I won't be wearing this one again, I like complicated, young, exotic scents like Breath of God!

SandraV
SandraV

Oh my gracious this is beautiful-not at ALL what I was expecting.I guess I expected a fussy rose scent but I actually don't get much rose-at least not in the traditional sense.I have the solid perfume-not sure if there is much difference between it and the liquid.It smelled a little odd before I put it on(maybe because it was so not-rosey) but once I did the first thing I smelled was honey(??!!)then I realized it must have been the tonka-ambrette seed combo.I smelled floral underneath-like the deepest,darkest,least powdery rose ever.Definitely not a tea rose type of smell.It smells so familiar to me-maybe because it has the undercurrent 'Lush' smell....will edit when I figure out what it smells like.
Overall on me it is a honeyed rose-not much throw but lasts forever and had me wanting to eat my arm.I think even people who don't like rose scents would like this.....lovely:)

powerpuffruth
powerpuffruth

A pleasent scent but I would advise everyone against buying the solid version it's hard to push up and beware if you push it up too far you can't push it back down as the wax is too mushy, stick to the spray version peoples :) xxxxxxxxxxxx

Fiferstone
Fiferstone

Imogen Rose is the 2nd of the Lush Gorilla Perfumes samples I've worn for a day and here's my impression: top notes are a very nice rose, but not too agressive or strong, at least not to me. Middle notes are 'interesting' - powdery and a bit spicy (the orris root?), It reminds me of nothing so much as the way my father smelled after a day at work. He wore Old Spice (Shulton), and Imogen Rose's middle notes smelled to me like he did at the end of the day -- sweet and kind of spicy/powdery. However I find that so far, the Gorilla Perfumes have not had a lot of staying power on me. They are pretty much gone after a couple hours, even Breath of God, which other people swear lasts forever on them.

ClockworkCat

This is for the perfume version. My advice is buy the edt spray. I like Imogen Rose, I really do, but the perfume is just way too *strong*. It puts my vintage Opium to shame, that's how strong it is. I had to sniff Tiger balm after to get the 'powder' out of my nose and I'm keeping it in a zip locked bag. I can smell it through said bag.

Having washed it off my wrists, I am left with a pleasant, unique rose scent. Its a shame the edp is so strong, it doesn't do what is truly a wonderful fragrance justice. The edt however has it spot on, still one squirt only but its at a dilution where you can still detect the notes. If you smelled the perfume and thought 'Oh my God, too strong' don't be put off, the edt is lovely.

ClockworkCat

This review is for the edt spray and the stick version. I have a bottle of full size edp on its way to me, so I'll talk about that once I've tried it :)

I was pleasantly surprised by this :) For a long time I believed that Lush fragrances hated me(a pity because I love Lush stuff). One day, a friend of mine sprayed some of the edt on me and it was beautiful. Thankfully I don't get the baby powder note from it, mostly vetiver (usually comes out strong on me), rose, and even a bit of the bergamot.

Why did I not get baby powder? I did get 'powder', but it was more like a woman's face powder drowned in rose. My skin sometimes ruins frangrances with musk notes by making them smell like the dreaded baby powder, so I assume that the use of ambrette seed and not musk is why I was spared :)The ambrette seed makes the powder more 'elegant' instead of asphyxia inducing.

As for the stick, it smells mostly like the edt but it seems heavier and 'waxy', although there is less perfume oil than the edt. I have this problem with *all* of the stick fragrances, so I assume it is the wax that is the problem, not the perfume.

This is a strong fragrance, so 'one squirt only'. Use it like you would use Poison or Opium. The edt is a lovely fragrance and my boyfriend loved it too. I hope the edp won't be too much stronger though as I think the edt was just right. Watch this space.

Mim
Mim

I don't think the rose here is the dark one. It's a soft rose, almost baby-like with some wood to keep it unusual. It smells like real rose with some sweetness on my skin and that's why I love it. It's a dreamy perfume with lots of romance and love in it combined with a gentle touch of a baby powder. It reminds me of old rose perfumes but has more style and loveliness. Beautiful.
"...just remember in the winter
far beneath the bitter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose."

guest_moi
guest_moi

Very earthy, honeyed rose. I have nothing to compare it to. It's a rose fragrance and yet, like no other I ever smelled. There is peppery ambrette seed, roots, syrupy kind of sweetness reminiscing of natural perfumery in all its rawness, and then there's a powder note with a distant nod to Chanel #5. It has everything and more... so if you're not a rose lover, but drawn to everything dark, unusual and natural- do try Imogen Rose, it will surprise you. But if you ARE a rose fan, beware, this is unlike any other. I should add now that I absolutely adore it. :) Thank you LUSH for not creating watered-down, middle-of-the-road fragrances!

Imogen Rose by Lush 3.31 out of 5 based on 229 ratings and 62 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lush Imogen Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lush Imogen Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Imogen Rose by Lush. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Imogen Rose by Lush represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.