Designers » L » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Karma Lush for women and men
dislike

I have it: 460 I had it: 150 I want it: 173 My signature: 10

Karma Lush for women and men Pictures

Karma by Lush is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Karma was launched in 1995. Top notes are orange, lavender and lemongrass; middle notes are pine tree, lemon and cassis; base notes are patchouli, fir resin, elemi and cinnamon.

Orange Lavender Lemongrass

Couture!

Karma Fragrance Reviews

mlleghoul
mlleghoul

Imagine the most potent headshop you've ever visited and up the ante with the patchouliest fortune teller you ever met. Imagine this scent driving all your friends and loved ones away.
That's OK, you smell marvelous.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Museumgal`s review a few down is pretty much my thoughts exactly on Karma. It's fun, it's interesting smelling, but this juice is hardly the Patchouli bomb that everybody is insinuating. If anything, it's all essential Sweet Orange oil (which just happens to be the first ingredient listed on the cute little card around the neck of the atomizer) with a light touch of Patchoulil and Pine, and to my seasoned nose, I can barely detect anything else here, especially outside of the fact that there's hardly any `dirt`nuance, but then again Patchouli is like catnip to me. Karma really comes across as something that a younger person would wear who probably works at Hot Topic and has yet to experience a refined perfume, and the overall composition is quite `blocky` feeling due to Karma`s scent pyramid being simple and composed of only natural essential oils with no fixatives or chemicals to extend the life of top, middle or base notes depending on how a perfumer desires a perfume to behave, so in Karma, it's everything simultaneously from beginning to end, but mainly just a lot of Sweet Orange oil, and it sure is sweet. Karma smells good, but I really don't see myself ever wearing this out in public, and there's almost, literally right on the cusp of creating the olfactory illusion of what a urinal smells like, not a urinal cake, but a urinal that just happens to be filled to it's brim with sticky and wet hookah tobacco, and I think that's what`s preventing me from wearing this outside of my 4 walls due to having the fear that I'm not the only person that's picking up on this subtle olfactory illusion, so, I'm a wee bit sketchy about wearing this perfume, because who knows, maybe Karma is a complete sillage bomb, I cannot tell. I'm not sure about this Lush house... Lust completely turned my stomach from it`s nuclear proportions of intensity which was quite ridiculous I think which I'm having a hard time even wrapping my head around how somebody could take that `perfume` seriously, and perfume never makes me feel sickly, and there's some kind of funky base that the perfumers (Pop and Son) are using that`s almost nauseating, and the more I shove nose to wrist, all I keep thinking about is how simple it would be to accomplish this same thing with a little time and a slew of $5 brown flacons filled with essential oils. The Lush stores are a tad creepy with their black and white `color ` scheme, the people they hire are strange, and I really don't even know why in the hell I bought this essential oil in spray form. I think this is strictly a British thing because it ain't grabbin` me, so ultimately, I'll happily stick with my American buddy Tom Ford...

Beaufort
Beaufort

I love Karma. It is one of my all time favourite perfumes !!!
However, it has to be said that it is an EXACT copy of Tabu from Dana which was released in 1932. Tabu was very upmarket when it first came out - and at the time it was considered quite outrageous because of the 40% patchouli it contained. Over the years it slid in popularity to become a drugstore fragrance which can now be bought for $10 for 100ml which is much better value than a 30ml bottle of Karma for $50, but I am very glad that Mark Constantine re-invented this perfume and gave it a new lease of life.

Cake10
Cake10

When I worked at Lush, everyone from celebrities to the average shopper just went nuts over this.

I have tried so many times to like this fragrance and get myself into the frame of mind that I can understand and enjoy it from the point of view of the many who are smitten with it, but I can't.

The only reason why I like Karma is because it reminds me of the time in my life when I worked at Lush, so I do own it once more, this time in solid form.

It's definitely a unisex fragrance. I smell sweet orange and pine very strongly with patchouli bringing up the rear. The pine and patchouli lend an acrid, overpoweringly bitter sharpness. I like pine and I like patchouli but with the sweet orange thrown in, whoa. It makes me feel mildly ill.

I don't wear it and it smells pretty good on my boyfriend's skin. I keep the tube to sniff when I want to reminisce on old times and check if I like it for myself yet.

lepalm
lepalm

Solid perfume:

Mostly orange with pine and lemongrass/lemon. After an hour or two those notes still dominate but it becomes very resinius and the cinnamon becomes very noticeable. I expected way more patchouli but on me at least, the patchouli stays far in the background. I can see how it would be more noticeable for people who are either very sensitive to patchouli or who have a strong aversion to it but for those looking for a strong dirty patchouli, you will not find it in Karma. This is a very fresh citrus patchouli. In contrast, Tokyo Milk's Excess is a strong earthy patchouli with the much darker citrus/blood orange notes remaining in the background.

I have not tried the regular spray edp.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Karma has a lot of orange, patchouli and then that thick Lush base. It works pretty well with the scent but other than the orange and patch it is so strong it drowns out the other notes. I can't even detect the fir note. It's a bit spicy and last well, but it smells more like experimenting with essential oils than a perfume. Nice if you want a natural smelling scent but it doesn't have that finished feel a perfume does, still quite raw. That might be a positive or negative for you. I like my scents a bit more polished personally.

jtd
jtd

Most of us can state the first part of the law of inertia. It’s one of the few bits of science that pierces pop-culture. But then again, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

A body at rest…. A body in motion. The caveat is what we tend to forget to mention. Rest/motion unless acted upon by an unbalanced force. Karma is that unbalanced force. Not quite a black hole, it absorbs most anything thrown its way. Orange oil and patchouli oil merge into a leveraged super-resin with an unnatural density and the nightmarish power of 1970s TV-style quicksand. ‘Don’t move! It’ll only hasten your demise!’

We characterize, and sometimes even name perfumes after the statement swe attribute to them. Caron n’Aimez que moi says, ‘I have borderline personality disorder.’ Chanel 19 announces, ‘approach cautiously.’ Badgely Mischka says, ‘come in for a cocktail, darling.’

Karma says, with all the intention such an expression can convey, ‘Hey.’ Karma is the stupor that stoners mistake for a zen moment of enlightenment.

Fine in moderation. This is the one in the Lush line that should have been labeled “Inhale.”

from scenthurdle.com

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

I bought this for my daughter but wound up falling in love with it myself. I think she wears too much of it, to the point where her room reeks of patchouli. Her boyfriend didn't like it so she stopped wearing it. Good call! I'm thinking of stealing it back because when placed in homeopathic doses on my wrist it smells fantastic. I get orange and lemongrass and what I suspect is the pine/grapefruit but to me smells more like bergamot. With just a tiny dab from the solid stick, the patchouli stays in the background, where patchouli belongs. You can also mix it with vanillary to get an orange dreamsicle kind of thing.
For the price, it really is fantastic stuff. Just dial the amount you wear waaaaay back.

Eos
Eos

Review of the EDT.

I love fragrances with a sense of humor and Karma certainly has one. Karma doesn't smell like a headshop but it does smell like a New Age shop--the type that sells all sorts of supplements and remedies from various cultures around the world, along with various essential oils and crystals.

Karma is a large dose of sweet orange, musky patchouli, indistinct spices, (I would have said clove rather than cinnamon)fresh lavender, and green woods. As with all Lush fragrances the base is a vaguely vanillic, musky and woody. The overall effect of Karma is soapy, (as if you bought some organic soap from the aforementioned shop) spicy and earthy. Its a very grounding scent for me, a real feel-good perfume. I just repurchased a bottle and fell back in love after years away from it. My absolute favorite of the Lush line.

Caution: this line's bottles seem to be more brittle/breakable than others.

johanna.lindholm

I have the solid version of this. It's packaging is really convenient, and is highly suitable for travelling. It's resonably priced, and it smells lovely. You can really smell the oranges, the patchouli, the pine. It's a very "hippie" like scent. It's pretty warm because of the cinnamon note in it, but it could absolutely be worn during summer. I know I will wear it at least.

yc01
yc01

I recently bought liquid 30ml form of Karma. I feel the dominant smell of pines and I don't like it much.It'a bit disgusting.I prefer the solid version which is more citrusy and patchoul. The solid version is cheaper wrt liquid version. Container leaks, this is also negative about the edt. Overall,I sometimes like and sometimes hate this scent.I do not think,I 'll buy edt again.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

If you are a patchouli fan, you will LOVE this! It's an amazing mix of oils that make me feel like im watching a sunset in a far and distant land, somewhere exotic.

This smells so good on men too!

Juliana6
Juliana6

Strong, unique and unusual in a very positive way (at least, for me).
I smell more orange peels, the fresh pine tree and different kinds of aromatic oriental spices (especially the cinnamon and clove which is not listed) than the patchouli.
Reminds me some kind of bio ointment that my mom used when I got sick. She rubbed my back and neck with it -aromatic, warming and refreshing in the same time. Some kind of spiritual healing for me.
The staying power is amazing. Like your own Karma- you won't get rid of it so soon.

krmarich
krmarich

This is my 2nd Lush adventure and this one works quite well. This has a 1960s hippy thing going on. Its a love, peace & harmony kind of scent. What is best is that it was this home made quality to it. It is very natural and comfortable.

The solid is best to control its "earthiness". Its basically patchouli and orange which is perfect for being outdoors. In fact its so strong that its best in the open air. It reminds me of an outdoor Grateful Dead concert I attended in 1990 on a warm summer night.

This time, Lush has made good Karma!

fighter
fighter

VERY oriental perfume. It reminds me of Hindu temples, meditation, yoga, south Asia and kundalini. :-)

Nicole<3
Nicole<3

It's bohemian ,fresh ,reminds of winter woolens and wood fires ,bonfires and spice ,what's not to love the orange and patchouli is nourish

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

I wish,oh how I wish that Lush would PLEASE do something about their hideous product packaging!!!!

It's super fun when you order a bottle of their perfume online and it arrives spilled with black flecks of the bottle peeling off and whenever you try to use it,you get it allover your hands.

This has happened twice.

Any packaging would be better.This is plain hideous and does not do any justice for the great products Lush has!

Karma is vibrant and juicy,earthy,fresh and uplifting all at once,it deserves a better bottle!

Spangle
Spangle

Spice & orange & pine & patchouli! I love green woodsy scents and I love orange scents and this combines both, enchantingly. It's just stunning. It's so hippyish and can be worn in summer or winter. Very dinstinct, strong so you only need a couple of quick sprays. I use the tester every time I'm in Lush! I also have a 10ml bottle.

missmaggiebeth
missmaggiebeth

I had this in the perfume solid stick and while I loved the scent it was not a favorite among friends because the patchouli was a bit over powering. I ended up tossing it since anything it came near even inside a bag took on the smell. It is beautiful and I would probably repurchase in the spray form and where on days outside in the fall. Not recommended for office wear.

fresh_scents

I'm now revisiting fragrances that I purchased, wore them less than five times, and then put them on the self. Karma was one of those fragrances. Well today I know why I bought it. The fresh and clean orange smell is pleasantly mood altering. I only bought a small vile of the stuff, but I will soon purchase the larger size.

Give it a try! It's a very natural and citrusy orange fragrance that is sure to please everyone.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Heavy yet refreshing, dirty yet fresh. Karma is distinctive, unique and longlasting. I got the EDP today and I find this citrus-pine-patchouli blend amazing. Not a crowd pleaser, but a very interesting and eclectic fragrance. Woody and fruity, with an incense-like quality. When wearing Karma, I picture myself relaxing in a log cabin on a mountain, one cool summer night.

Britt005
Britt005

you either love it or hate it, there's no opinion in between. I remember my fist sniff of Karma in the Lush store,I couldn't get why this was their best selling slice of soap. a few months later i got a little slice among my purchases and that's when the love began to grow.
karma is mysterious,spicy different and dreamy.I gotta say all of the Karma products smell a like the original soap, and so does the perfume. The solid perfume is the cheapest and really nice to take along with you in your bag it's also not as strong and present as the spritzer.

As i said Karma isn't loved by everybody so if your using the spritzer perfume be gentle! this one is quite strong. while wearing this i got comments that I smelled "musty""fusty""like a granny"etc.
I couldn't care less, Karma is great.It's patchouli,a bit of citrus some kind of almost incense smell.
It's different and i get why most people don't like it,but i love it! I wanna sprinkle myself in Karma from tip to toe...

zaynaz
zaynaz

Since this is the most famous Lush scent, and cheap as chips here, unlike many frags, I got the solid perfume. It goes on like patch doused in concentrated orange Tang. Then it develops a piney scent and smells a bit like soap or some sort of cleaning liquid (which makes sense given a lot of those products are bracingly piney or orangey).
I don't really get any other notes, there's a resinous base to this that keeps it anchored but it continues in much the same vein as it started, with the orange losing a bit of its strength as it wears. I'm not a huge fan of the orange in this, it is quite artificial smelling and a bit sweet. I wonder if the liquid perfume might be a bit different to the solid one.

I kind of like the idea of this more than the actual thing. If the orange note was a bit more bitter and natural smelling I would like it better. That said I can see myself wearing this, it is quite fun and summery, I just think it needs an occasion where I'm not taking myself too seriously.

violethippy
violethippy

Karma is and will be the best smelling perfume ever. I love it. I love in the soap, I love it in the shampoo bar especially, I love it with the roll on perfume. I love it. Karma invokes a patchouli, wearing daisies in your hair, walking through the flea market, riding in your VW van kind of day. It has freedom to it. I love the mix of tangerine, patchouli, sandalwood, and vanilla. Often on my skin, people think I'm wearing straight up patchouli but maybe it's my chemistry. I think patchouli smells like dirt on some. No dirt smell with Karma. It's a great summer fragrance, or even a deep earthy autumn tone. Either way, it's awesome.

WildDove
WildDove

Lush Karma is patchouli, orange, lemongrass, pine. I have the solid rollup, the body cream, and the bubble bar. Karma is a comfort, casual fragrance for me, takes me back to the 60s. It's my go-to when I can't think of what else to put on, or other fragrances are too formal. Just a light dab of Karma is perfect for the hippie in all of us.

K1
K1

The very definition of "exotic" and misleading definition of Citrus Aromatic cause it's not fresh literally. This tiny venom is what you don't dare to wear easily. Very confusing, not like a perfume but impressive and attractive.
It smells like a sort of essential oils stored in an wet dusty basement for years.

rosembloom
rosembloom

The end of Summer is upon us here in Canada and I find myself yearning for incense and patch scents with a dose of honeyed florals and earthy notes redolent of Fall. I have found my fix in Karma... I first bought the soap, relishing its' warm and vibrant scent of zesty orange-chouli. 'Then I was given the Karma Kream which meshed quite perfectly with my chemistry, to my great joy. There was always something spiritually uplifting about those lovely products which smelled so strong yet so delushious. I found myself reaching out for it more and more and these days, I cannot seem to want another scent than this heady mix of what Mother Nature has to offer: it is like a walk in the woods, stepping on fresh pine needles, smelling the earthy woods and the zesty mountain air. Lavender and lemongrass mix so beautifully with the orange-cassia combo : it literally makes me drool. When the resins and cinamon kick in, this is when I truly connect with myself. It is more of a mind-set scent to me than a perfume. Of course it smells potent and earthy but this does not smell dirty to me at all! Quite the contrary! This patchouli experience has me floating on clouds of sweet cinamon and deep resins that caml my mind while setting my spirit to soar. I finally gave in this week and purchased the solid perfume. I like it even more than Lust (which I so enjoy). This lovely is all about making me feel wrapped up in a Fallish scent , connecting me to the Earth and reaching to the sky. I wear it for myself since it brings me to a secret place of peace and bliss but have gotten quite a few compliments already, which does surprise me... I guess Karma is good to and for me , merges with my chemistry most beautifully and sings its' song with vibrancy. Since I layer the soap, the Kream and the solid Shampoo bar, I only need a tiny bit of the solid (yes, more orangey than the spray!) version. A love - and not because others love it, because it makes me happy , much like a pocket full of Sunshine!

carmillajeddah
carmillajeddah

This is my mom's fragrance! Citrus and intense patchouli. Definitely hippie scent, but a good one. Also, as it dries, you can feel lots of another notes in it, making it complex and delightful. <3

Karen.M.OShaughnessy
Karen.M.OShaughnessy

Bought the solid & a small vial--immediately smelled orange with an undercurrent of patchouli. Not overwhelming like some patchoulis; could wear it almost anywhere, anytime. I may try the karma cream & solid shampoo next.

Juma
Juma

Just received a solid perfume for my BD, along with a small dose of bodylotion and soap bar. I already own a solid and it's georgeous mixture of aromatic oranges and patchouli, fresh and oriental.
I don't know the smell of hippies, :)- but they smell good if this scent reminds so many people to them.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

You know that animated youtube character Annoying Orange? (Basically, an orange with a face superimposed thereupon.) This is his scent. It is crass and in your face, which seems to be very much the Lush house style.

And this is one of the *better* ones...

My guess is that these Lush Gorilla perfumes would ideally suit an edgy young woman with spiky hair and a sort of early 1980's Joan Jett persona. Or, conversely, a matron with a the-hell-with-you attitude who is badly in need of sensible style advice. There seems to be no subtlety to these scents at all.

Beepert
Beepert

Sunny, warm, uplifting. Instantly puts me in a good mood. Doesn't remind me at all of 'dirty hippie' (Angel does that for me) - to me, it smells fresh, vibrant and young.
However, I know a couple of people (including one of my best friends) who can't STAND it! My friend once bought me a chunk of Karma soap, and said she had to hold it away from her at arm's length the whole time she was in the shop! It was very noble of her to buy it for me anyway!
I'm not as found of the solid perfume as I am of the spray - the solid just doesn't have that 'zing' to it.

vanillary29
vanillary29

I have a little purse spray of Karma. Though I don't reach for it too often, I do believe that its a very unique and uplifting scent. Its definitely orangey with herbal and smokey undertones, something like eating an orange creamsicle in a room where there is some incense burning, and it is not at all synthetic smelling. It smells mysterious and friendly at the same time, if that makes sense. I would also like to add that the perfume concentration is lesser in the purse spray than that in the full bottle for all Lush perfumes. I sampled the bigger bottle at the store, and it was strong and overwhelming. The purse spray version is softer and nicer.

Madrin
Madrin

Pretty much unlike to all of you, Karma doesn't make me think of hippies, incense or natural soap. I can't tell what it does remind me of. Maybe of my room in France, where I always had a bar of karma soap lying on my desk. I instantly loved it, it's such a sparkling scent. I think that's the orange talking. Whenever I smell it, I get an instant happy feeling in my head. Difficult to explain, but it's so unique and sparkling, and it makes you want to sniff once more.

I like the Solid Perfume better than the liquid, because it's much softer on me. It's pretty strong though, and I think it can be bad if over-applied. Tu be used with care :)

Jackson Spines
Jackson Spines

It seems odd to me that so many reviews on this say that it's overpowering. It is, indeed, on the powerful side but I don't find it overpowering. Many other reviews on other perfumes have common complaints about scents that are weak with no staying power and many people won't even buy a fragrance even if they like it if they find that it fades too quickly. You will not have that problem with this perfume! This is my favorite scent by Lush. It's a throwback to another decade when peace signs, fringe vests, Volkswagen Vans, afros, pet rocks and tie-dye t-shirts were all the rage. Many people have said that the smell of patchouli is dirty smelling. I don't find that here at all. I find the scent quite fresh, clean and bright. When I wear this fragrance it makes me feel "alive" and full of energy! Definitely raises my spirits and gives off a "cheery" vibe. The lavender and citrus notes are clear to my nose and blend together nicely. This scent lasts all day, and then some! When I woke up and got out of bed, I caught whiffs of it still on my skin 24 hours after the initial application. For those people so interested in fragrances that last and last, look no further, Karma is the one you've been looking for! If I could sum up this scent with one word it would be DY-NO-MITE!!!

Momo2836
Momo2836

I'd love it if it was EDT or lighter. Had solid and EDP both v overpowering. Fell in love with this scent in Karma soap patchouli orange beautifully balanced, 60/40 female/ male frag. Too much of a good
thing!

jessbug
jessbug

I finally caved and bought the solid (for double the price in the UK; it costs 12 euros in the Netherlands! What the shit?!). I can't even imagine how anyone could wear this in spray form, because even the solid perfume is very easily overapplied.

I love the orange scent in Karma, and in the soap the patchouli and orange mix together to create an almost masculine, clean, cozy scent. The solid perfume is okay, but not as good as the soap, IMO. I feel like there is too much going on behind the orange and the patchouli. Like the pine(?) is trying to overpower the rest of the fragrance. To me it reminds me of how cilantro has the tendency to overpower (and ruin) the taste of an entire dish.

All in all, I'm glad I'm no longer pining (hah) over what my mind thought this fragrance would be. I will wear this every now and then, but only applied extremely lightly. Just like with Chloe and Pink Sugar, I get tired/bored/annoyed by this frag quickly, so I can't wear it two days in a row.

3.5/5

paulhunter
paulhunter

Review for the solid; This is sweet, spicy, and 60/40 on the feminine/masculine scale. The spray perfume is much more masculine smelling. I get a lot of sweet orange, a touch of wood, and a sweet spice. I don't think I will invest in this because the solid perfume barely projects at all but for a long period of time. If I bury my nose into my arm, I can smell it all day. That's not the kind of fragrance I look for. As a side note, Lush does different concentrations with different sizes of bottles (which I find annoying). The solid is 10% parfum, the 0.9 oz. bottle is 15% and the 1 oz. bottle has 30% and they're all at different price points. Lush has nice scents but they could use a little help with their production and marketing in the perfume department.

fresh_scents

Wow! This juice has some staying power and projects as the body warms up. I've washed my hands several times and the scent still remains on the back of my hand. It will become part of my fragrance wardrobe next week. However, I just know that a LITTLE goes a long way.

temporal
temporal

This lively combination of woody and clean herbal scents is uplifting and somehow harmonizes my mind, while according to my man it's too "dry". Really ambiguous fragrance: it brings joy and inspiration to its owner, while people around will be intrigued, but not necessarily pleased. Anyway, an original personality of this scent requires interpretations, you just can't stay indifferent :)

As for me, solid perfume is less "smoky",
while Karma soap is the most perfect combination of Karma ingredients.

piahellgren
piahellgren

I like the soap the most. This one is good, but OH! so strong and overpowering, and I say this being a person usually liking to wear lots of my fragrances. It is a fine blend, though, for being this rich, and actually quite "clean" albeit the massive patchouli smell.

A very nice aromatic citrus. Unlike Cacharel's Liberte (another orange/patchouli combo) it is not overly sweet and has a resinous/incense feel to it so it doesn't smell like Orange-Glo cleaning products. I'm always pleased to find shared fragrances that aren't soapy/fresh/aquatic.

johanna.lindholm

I love this! It smells citrusy, patchouli, something that reminds me of incense and pine. It smells really special, charismatic and unique, there's nothing like it! It smells really hippie, and I feel happy smelling it! I have used many other Karma products from Lush, but it would be really nice to have the perfume as well. Or the Karma kream. Smells EXACTLY like this perfume. It's awesome anyhow, It's handmade and not animal tested with the real ingredients in it! It's unisex and also vegan I think. And the price is completely normal for a perfume. BUY!

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

This smells like a groovy hippie, not a dirty one. The Orange 7and Lemon really balance the patchouli, the lavender makes it pretty. This would be a nice "outdoor" fragrance, or one to wear while working out.
Lush makes great stuff, I love them!

Galya
Galya

Not so bad as the perfume,but I feel here a lot of something artificial ,syntethic -

Helen70
Helen70

I adore Lush but unfortunately I did not like Karma. I have this in the solid perfume. Lush describe Karma as being their signature scent and I know a lot of people love it. This would probably work better as a fragrance in a soap or other product but, for me, applying it directly onto the skin as a perfume just did not work. The fragrance is warm, orangey and spicy, ideally suited to cold winter evenings. I will probably use this up but Lush Karma is one I will never repurchase.

I find Lush fragrances underrated. There are so many unique and inexpensive fragrances to be found in their stores. Karma has been a pleasant surprise. Despite having mixed reviews, this scent is easily one of the best from Lush.

Admittedly the scent is not really my style. Karma has an old-school hippy vibe, which is quite the opposite of how I see myself. However, it was fun to wear for the duration that it lasted, clouding me in a thick and smoky patchouli aroma.

Karma immediately reminded me of the scent of a new age market. They're some of the best places to buy incense in Winter, so I sometimes visit these stores and delight in the strong, spiritual aroma that clings to the air and your clothing. I personally enjoy these kinds of smells, however I know of many people that hate the smell of these stores, and will more than likely detest Karma.

I tested Karma in both the perfume and the solid. At the end of the day I much preferred the solid perfume, as it goes on a lot smoother and is less potent on the skin. If over applied, Karma does have the tendency to become offensive.

Karma is unisex, however I think it would smell better on a man. It's quite a fierce aromatic with notes of patchouli, pine, lavender and smoky incense. It lacks sweetness and femininity.

The longevity is fantastic. The perfume lasted almost the whole day, and the solid lasted a good eight or so hours. It's a great bang for your buck, but I do highly recommend testing this fragrance first. It won't be everyone's cup of tea.

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

I love Karma but I don't necessarily think it suits my personality! It has a slight dusty library book smell which is both comforting and reassuring.

I think this scent would work well on a man as there is a salty bitterness to it. Perhaps Karma is for me to appreciate worn on others...

I would also recommend Karma body lotion which is long lasting and gives a Karma hit without having to pay the high price for the Karma perfume.

Kapuzik

love love love this one! very different , warm hippie smell. better then any overpriced parfums. Well done Lush

Kapuzik

Love Karma, very recognisable different scent! Stick is milder and sweeter, edt strong amazing. A few drops and u got aura)

kankri
kankri

I have both the liquid and the solid. The liquid is a lot more herbal, sour, sharp. On my skin, I get strong notes of oranges and lemon and a strong herbal backing. There's no sweetness at all - it's a strong, heady, hippy scent. The solid is a lot sweeter - it really reminds me of orange soda! I love them both.

deliberateangel
deliberateangel

I find this fascinating but don't want to smell like a weird new age hippy. This reminds me of an older man or woman, in flowing clothes, who is trying to hid their non-shower created body odor with all natural essential oil soap. It's a patchouli bomb mixed with spices and trees. I cannot fathom wearing this period. It's way to in my face and the notes are not blended together well. I can see a man wearing this more than a woman.

chem1cal4r0mance
chem1cal4r0mance

This scent gets SUCH a reaction out of people. I love the way this smells so much, everyone else says they think it smells like a "hippy" or theres too much patchouli, but in all honesty what I get out of this is - ORANGE CANDY lol, that's what I smell when I'm wearing this, like a sweet, orange, creamy scent. On the other hand, my boyfriend absolutely LOATHES this scent. I have no idea why, but it drives him nuts, and not in the good way. I initially bought the perfume spray, but after reading Luca Turin's review in the perfume guide A-Z, I purchased the solid perfume, and for a solid perfume it has SILAGE! I couldn't believe it, whenever I get a solid perfume, it's like nothing on me but this was amazing!! My b/f wants to throw it out, but who cares....I'll just wear it when he's not around lol xD

intan_erani
intan_erani

I love Karma! It is strong but beautiful.. Definitely a favorite of mine... A little goes a long way.. SEXY!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I liked Karma in its soap form, very reminiscent of earlier hippie days. However the liquid is something else entirely...pure soapy lemon shampoo with absolutely NO redeeming features. You can get the same effect by washing your hair with a 1 gallon bottle of $2 shop shampoo, clean, clean, clean but oh so boring. I eventually scrubbed this and had to spray one of my beloveds (L'Antimatiere) to get rid of the shampoo smell stuck in my nose. This is a "no" for me, and I am generally positive about Lush's perfumes, and certainly about their philosophies.

summerjet
summerjet

Whenever I visited Lush I would buy a chunk of Karma soap. It reminded me of my old pottery teacher from school. She was a middle aged hippy with flowing dresses and a hypnotic persona. She was probably doused in patchouli to accompany other 'herbal' fragrances. One whiff of this soap would take me back to those easy days chucking clay about.
Then I discovered the fragrance. It was packaged quite differently then in a clear half domed bottle with a long stove pipe gold lid. It was reasonably priced by Lush standards, so I bought a bottle, took it home and gave it a squirt...POW!!! It almost gagged me with the intensity of a thousand bars of soap.
Just by taking the lid off would be enough for most people. File under 'Atomic'. Nice though.

pb0330
pb0330

i got a sample of this the other day, the only thing i have to say is orange flavored gumballs. that is the smell of this perfume exactly.

Moukka
Moukka

I love solid version of this perfume. Usually my skin starts to smell like soap or some kind of chemical with other perfumes after few hours, but not with this. I can only smell sweet pine tree after day.

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

There is something compelling about this, even when the patchouli can sometimes throw one off. It is an interesting combination. Kind of hippie. Kind of androgynous. Could the harmony create a mysterious aura? Or is it nostalgia? I bought this the day after seeing a rock show and it called to me more at that particular time than Lust, however, I enjoy Lust more now. However, don't tell me Alanis Morrisette and Michael Stipe wear it because that might comletely turn me off.

I made the mistake of spritzing on some Marc Jacobs LOLA during my weekly trip to Whole Foods, which invariably brings me to the perfume aisle of TJMAXX (located next door), where I invariably encounter an open gift set beckoning me to be the next to try, shamelessly violating the store's policy and probably even committing a tiny act of shoplifting. My punishment is typically fitting, and today was no exception to the rule: The whole time I was wearing LOLA I was trying to figure out why it is so unpleasant. But that's another review.

So there I was with a scent on my skin but not really wanting to take a bath quite yet. What to do? Perfume possibilities in such trying times basically boil down to a one word answer: Lush. Yes, that's right, the house of Lush will cover up any- and everything which you wish to hide. So what had I not tried in my Lush sample queue (which is in its own hermetically sealed box, because it is all so stinky)? That's right, brilliant deduction: KARMA.

First off, I need to give KARMA some credit where credit is clearly due. KARMA managed to wipe all traces of Marc Jacobs LOLA from my skin--or rather cover it with a thick, sweet, and orange-tinged dirty, earthy patchouli oil. What was I wearing this afternoon? It seems to have slipped my mind, and I no longer have any recollection of what it was that I was trying to hide.

Yes, I am now trapped in a cloud of patchouli fumes, which in some ways is nice, but I cannot say that I would ever wear this anywhere. Maybe if there's another Woodstock revival and I decide for some reason to attend? Whoa, this stuff is a trip, literally. The only things I'm missing at this point are a tie-dyed t-shirt and some dirty jeans. Hard to believe, in some ways, that this scent held sway throughout the hippie years.

Would anyone really wear this seriously as a perfume today--I mean, aside from Lushbots? I ask most sincerely. I enjoyed this little flashback (to someone else's life...) but will not be adding a full bottle of KARMA to my collection. At least not in this possible world.

I do recommend KARMA to anyone who wants to get in touch with their inner hippie. Needless to say: this is not an office scent. I find that the perfumes of this house are perfect for donning right before a long, hot bath, as everything Lush produces is power packed with essential oils, so the redolent wafts off the water are pretty impressive.

babygurl72
babygurl72

I think i finally found my signature scent! A blast of orange calming down to an orange cream sickle, very pleasant and relaxing. Will be purchasing a big bottle of this!

Soapy citruses and stone cold patchouili. Smells like a young hippie holding an energy drink can.

Michael Stipe and Alanis Morissette wear this? Maybe that's why I never liked either...

Nice smell but it totally fails to coalesce into a body fragrance.

Jndena
Jndena

I find this to be a rather cold and bracing patchouli. There is NOTHING warm about it, nor particularly earthy either.
I love patchouli, but this one is a bit screeching for my taste.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I'm not really a fan of karma. I know it is one of Lush's top selling scents and they have a whole range of karma scented products, so someone must like it! What offends me is not the nice orange/citrus upfront, but the loud, earthy, "hippy" patchouli. (No offense to anyone). I have recently come to really love patchouli, but NOT like this. This patchouli is not the kind you will find in Angel or any other high end fragrance. This patchouli screams, "I live in a mud hut!". So for me, it's a no go.

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

when i worked for LUSH in los angeles i loathed, despised, and even plotted against everything karma. it was metallic, sharp, and loud to my senses. it was eveywhere and was campaigned heavily by fellow employees and karma fanatics alike. it seemed to have a completely unjustafiable cult following which both puzzled and annoyed me.

upon moving to the UK 1 year later and receiving an unrequested sample of karma soap with the rest of my LUSH haul, i begrudgingly gave the uk version of karma another go (cannot be wasting perfectly functional soap.) then it hit me - my hands smell gorgeous. it wasnt long after that karma soap was purchased and used religiously in the shower. a few years later, i received the perfume as a gift. if someone had told me several years ago that i would love, purchase, and use karma anything i would have thought they were insane. while it is true that tastes and noses change throughtout life, my hatred for the us/canadian version of karma was so strong that i similarly find my adoration for the parent/uk version very surprising. on my trips back to the states i always visit LUSH and having compared the 2 versions side by side, there is definetely a difference to my nose.

on my skin this moves between the dominant notes of sparkling citruses, sexy patchouli, and soft vanillas (not like vanillary thankfully) throughout wear. lasts about 5-6 hours before i personally feel a need to reapply, though this is probably different for everyone. one thing i noticed about this fragrance on both sides of the pond: try before you buy for a week or so, because this does not work well with everyones chemistry. when it doesnt "work" it smells like toilet bowl cleaner, like cheap air freshener, like body odor! you also want to make sure you like how it smells 1) outside of LUSH, and 2) enough to wear it more than just a few hours.

karma is a commitment but if you love it and it works with your chemistry, its a very easy one to make.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Very, very earthy...as one would guess from the notes. The orange is much creamier and rounder than I would have expected. It's not so much a zesty, crisp citrus, but more of a cozy orange scent. The patchouli and pine give this a pungent, somewhat dirty and medicinal undertone. Karma is a very intriguing combo of spice, earth, woods and warmth. The contrast between the creamy orange and woody darkness of the patchouli makes me want to keep sniffing my wrist. This is not a sexy fragrance, but it is rather comforting. I have to agree with turtledove that there is indeed something about this fragrance that is strangely addictive.

Edit: I knew Karma reminded me of another fragrance, but it took me a while to figure out what. Weirdly enough, Lancome Hypnose...they're quite different fragrances, and Hypnose is clearly more vanillic while Karma is much earthier. Nonetheless, the combination of creaminess and earthiness somehow recalls Hypnose for me.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I tested 2 weeks ago 3 lush perfumes. It was Vanillary, Orange blossem and Karma. The Karma perfume is the one that was the most amazing fresh and one of a kind perfume i ever smelled. I never had any experience with a perfume like this. Fresh, citrus a bit as if you just were walking in the forest kind of an experience. Even after 2 weeks i walked past my vest that i had on that day and it still gave me an amazing fresh breeze of Karma. Love it on my want list. Ive seriously never have smelled anything like it.
BTW i tested the perfume spray and 1 spray is enough to last all day and weeks on clothes.

scentous
scentous

spicy orange with patchouli, very fresh opening, in 1-2 hours it settles down into a vannilic balmy earthy phase..sillage and longevity is average..combining with the body cream and solid perfume should be better..a youthful happy energetic scent, like it..

lisamouse
lisamouse

Gorgeous orange and patchouli scent; my mum has this and she says she always receives compliments when she wears it.

Turtledove
Turtledove

There's something oddly addictive about this one. I didn't like it at first (I tried the cream version) and I washed it off right away, it was way too strong. And then about half an hour later I couldn't stop smelling my hands, they smelled so good, creamy orange-vanilla with an herbal patchouli and a hint of incense. And it lasted a *LONG* time.

I haven't known any real hippies, so it doesn't have that association for me, but it's an odd combination of sweet orange creamsicle with a deep but not heavy earthy/piney/incense quality. You wouldn't think they go together, at all, but they do, somehow.

adissa
adissa

soooo good, one of the best ever..so fresh, exotic, energetic..

flutteringhearts
flutteringhearts

This is Lush's signature fragrance, and I've really tried to love it. I didn't at all like the smell of the soap, but figured it might be better in the shower, in use, but nope. It smells synthetic to me. I also tried the perfume in the shop, but didn't find it to be any better.

However, during a promototion I recieved the solid Karma perfume for free, and it's actually okay. I tried layering it with another one of their perfumes, Vanillary, and it was great. It takes the sharp edge off of Karma and adds spice to the sweetness of Vanillary.

mlslpn1993
mlslpn1993

I love this scent!!! I bought the soap and can't wait to go back and get the perfume. Do they have this scent in a shower gel?

Fizzy
Fizzy

This is an orange patchouli balmy stuff, perfect if you are going to the SPA for
wellness. I would prefer solid perfume. It is not so obvious, that you are perfumed, if you know, what I mean. To me it smells like the wood for sitting in the hot sauna in Germany. The solid perfume is for that reason very practical an costs about 10 Euro. Long lasting with not too obvious sillage.

There are some nice oils from the Alchemy lab Phoenix out there, which are stronger and balmier, without the hippie touch on it. (Snake oil f.e.), also very good for going in the SPA.

lolitajade
lolitajade

My favourite perfume ever. I would only wear it at night though. I feel really sexy, confident and mysterious wearing it. It sums up 'me'. It is my personality and character in a bottle.

When I first bought it. I thought my boyfriend was going to call me a hippie or a patchoulli oil wearing rocker but he absolutely loved it. The smell is addictive and an aphrodisiac. Impossible to feel ugly whilst wearing this :)

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

OMG.... this is heaven!!!! I have Karma perfume, Karma soap, Karma bodylotion and Karma bathbomb. I can't live without it.... When i use it it's like I'm lost in time and space.. it lifts up my spirit!!!! This one is always in my collection.... side by side with Angel, Gucci by Gucci and Chloe Love!!

It is full of orangecitrus and patchouli, some relaxing vanilla and lavender. On my skin this smells sparkling citruses, sexy patchouli, and soft vanilla with a hint of lavender!!!

Like heaven :))

Ps. Everyone that comes my way can't stop sniffing me...

Min skapare .... detta är himmelriket!! Jag äger Karma parfym, Karma tvål, Karma bodylotion och Karma badbomb. Jag kan inte leva utan den .... När jag använder den är det som att jag förlorade i tid och rum.. den lyfter mig till högre nivåer!! Den här är alltid i min samling .... sida vid sida av Angel, Gucci by Gucci och Chloe Love!!!

Den är full av apelsincitrusaktiga noter och patchouli, plus avkopplande vanilj och lavendel. På min hud skapas mousserande citrus, sexig patchouli och mjuk vanilj med inslag av lavendel! Himmelskt :))

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

Karma is so well balanced. It is full of vivacious patchouli, brightened with orange and pine, and then lovingly mellowed out with some relaxing lavender.

Dare to not care about who this perfume may offend.
Some folks out there will shy away from this scent because of the amount of patchouli that it contains.

Karma makes me smile! It reminds me of how my skin smells on a warm summers day. If it puts a smile on your face and a pep in your step like it does for me then don't shy away!
I wear my karma with pride.

perfumery123
perfumery123

smells really nice it is a warm spicy orange scent and it gets quite creamy and sweet when it settles probably patchouli , smells soo good only problem is it is orange and stains my skin and my clothes for this reason only i will not wear it or buy it again unless it is colourless i love it though

meowmixmuffin
meowmixmuffin

I bought this like a year ago from LUSH, in the solid tube. Honestly, I do like it a lot. Even more so when it's on the skin for a bit - On me it starts smelling creamsicle-ish as some people have said here.
My only issue with Karma is the patchouli. On my skin it fades fast, but with someone elses chemistry it could be painfully overpowering. You really have to go easy on a perfume like this, because it's very love-it-or-hate-it, and some people REALLY hate it. That's the only thing that keeps me from wearing it all the time. I've never met a guy who likes the smell of Karma. Every LUSH employee I've spoken to has the same thing to say: "Yeah, my husband hates Karma."
Bottom line, I like it, but I don't think it's an every day thing by any means.

Yes, bobkat said it best - you either love this or loathe it. Scents with heavy patchouli tend to be like that. I love this. It is mainly orange and patchouli, and quite heady. I would suggest anyone using this use only a light amount. This has a sweet herbal quality that when used lightly, smells intoxicating, but if overapplied, has the potential to be nauseating. There is a fine line with this one.

bobkat
bobkat

Karma is the Marmite of perfumes....you love it or you really loathe it! It is in your face citrus and patchouli..incense..and I have been told, shades of Antimate....oh dear! Maybe not a keeper, even though I love it, don't really want to smell of dog spray.....

Aprilily
Aprilily

I wanted to like this, but it gave me an instant headache-away it went.

emmiwemmy
emmiwemmy

This is the one for me... I have been wearing this as my signature scent since 2005 or so, and it really works on my skin. It smells completely different on me than in the bottle, much softer and less harsh. It becomes softer, more sweet and rounder as the day goes by until late afternoon when there is just a glow of scent left, warm and spicy and cozy sweet. When my boyfriend comes home from work and hugs me he always puts his nose at my neck and collarbone and sniffs me, he loves this scent :)

It's not super easy to wear, don't put on too much (it only takes a small amount compared to other perfumes I have tried) or you might sneeze, and sensitive people will react to it. It's best to use just a hint of it. When used right, you'll get compliments all the time.

Try it before you buy it, it smells totally different on the skin, and also reacts more than most scents to the individuals skin chemistry. It smells great on me but my friend tried it once and it lost all it's warmth and subtlety on her and just smelled really harsh and chemical, almost unpleasant, we were both a bit shocked.

lara0905
lara0905

As I said before I cannot stand with citrus and syrup-like scents but the last few weeks Lush Karma is the umpteenth such a perfume which I meet.:)

I have Lush Tuca Tuca in my collection and I really like the simplicity of this cute violet fragrance but I have to say Karma is a big NO for me.

Sweet lemon candy with fir and lavender.I really tried to see the hidden beauty in this fragrance but the final result always the same.Fir-car-air -freshener's infusion with citrusy toilett cleaner on me.

Two things is clear for me:
-I just can blame my crazy skin-chemistry.
-The extremly fresh citrus scents just suffering of my nose, and this scents are doesn't fit to my personality.:(

Otherwise the fragrance could be a good choice for who loves powdered lemon candy scents.

hollyms
hollyms

Alright, this is going to be a love it or hate it type of thing - and I love it. The Karma range was what made me fall for Lush in the fist place, way back when. I love to wear this scent. It's the most unique smell I've come across. It's a delicate scent of orange and strong patchouli, and it fades into a light, natural smell that works well for those who favor "warmer" scents.
I'd say women favor this one, but if my man was wearing this, all I'd want to do would be bury my face in his chest and cuddle for hours...

Irisversicolore
Irisversicolore

I'm still amazed how Fragrantica.com is complete! This typical English gem has indeed a lot of orange and patchouli in it. I feel like a Gypsy wearing it.

I personnally like the powder. It's more on the sweet side and less harsh; as a foot powder it's just enough and you save from the big expensive bottle. I kind of like the idea that this perfume is made of natural essential oils and not crazy awful postindustrial crap. ;-)

ujhb
ujhb

I don't know what possessed me to buy this one but oh my lord.... pine sol in a bottle ! Someone actually thought that I had B.O. I swear and then I didn't wear the perfume for one day and they were like oh my goodness that's a perfume from Lush?! The thing is, I think that's what made me buy it to begin with..Lush products usually smell devine, from their bath bombs to their solid perfume bars with white chocolate and other delicious notes.. I have no clue what they were thinking with this concoction but I can't imagine that this would work on anyone's skin (it's suppose to be unisex)... pine tree sap literally.

Maki
Maki

"la, la, la, la..." I went, when biking home after visiting the Lush-store, having bought the Karma solid perfume, the Karma soap, the Karma bodylotion and the solid Karma shampoo. (at the same time wondering what spending money will do to my Karma..-;))
I had put some Karma bodylotion on my arm and the lovely breeze on a nice sunny day made me catch a hint of it every now and then...and urged me to sing indeed! This really does lift up my spirit!
Karma is not a fume...it's a scent..! Don't know how to put it otherwise, but once I imagine Karma to be a PERFUME I'm wearing, I tend to think I made a wrong choice...but once I decide it is a SCENT, I'm totally happy with it....

Beware - this is a patchouli bomb ! :) It's hard to wear this and not offend anyone. I wouldn't dare :)

Fiferstone
Fiferstone

I have the solid perfume which I don't find as nice/complex as the juice, it is overpoweringly orange compared to the juice. I tried the EDP at Lush and walked around with it for a day, loving what it did, the orange gives way to the patchouli/lavender/pine as time goes by, it gets sweeter/warmer on me. It's patchouli alright, but not gross "stinky unwashed feet hippy oil" patchouli, at least not to my nose. I use the soap daily, and have used the Karma Komba solid shampoo as well. Someday I will stick a crowbar in my wallet and buy the juice.

Niko
Niko

For me, one of the best fragrances. Love to wear it for sleeping, so I smell the beautiful patchouli note after waking up in the morning :)

glamrose
glamrose

Karma is my all-time favorite at Lush. I bought the soap at first and it's refreshing and vibrant. The smell lasts forever in my bathroom and all over the house.

On my next visit, I bought the perfume and it fits me so well. I love wearing this when I want to feel nature all around me in the big city.

altr01
altr01

I had this but went right off it. The soap smells warm and Christmassy and perfumes the whole house. I found the scent cloying and much too strong: made me smell like an ageing hippie, which really isn't me!

nonnative
nonnative

My mother hates perfumes and loves only Manifesto (by Rossellini) and this one.
Odd, as they are so different. Karma is a strong, long lasting pachuly with inital citrus notes. I like it. I found it a bit too expensive as it doesn't convey any expensive image. What strikes me is the fact that today I smelled tabu by dana for the first time (I asked my sister to buy it for me in ny as it is not sold in europe) and tabu reminded me of karma. But tabu gives an idea of classy retrò ladies, and it costs one third of karma! So tabu is a cheap patchuly thats smell like an expensive fragrance and karma smell like a cheap patchuly and cost only a bit less than an expensive fragrance. To sum up I like karma but it's not value for money.

merilu59
merilu59

Profumo molto insolito. Arance e pachouli = fragranza felice. La polvere del corpo e del sapone è favolosa

guest_Miss rock
guest_Miss rock

I so love this one. It's nice, very cool and special.
I have a solid in a tin but the new solid isn't that good. As I have very pale skin, orange perfume is not a good idea, It really looks stupid on my skin, and a tube... don't know what to say about it. You do get more now (12g)but it's impossible to use.

guest_moi
guest_moi

Karma is kind of a classic by now. To me this is a spicy orange peel scent, and it is obvious that genuine orange oil is used. There are some wintergreen notes,and earthy patchouli drydown. Karma is like winter sunshine in a bottle. Perfect fragrance for warming up on a snowy day. I spray it on my scarf and indulge. Cozy, hippie, special... What's not to love?

I've been wearing this for years and get nothing but compliments. It's spicy, it unique... it's perfect for the unconventional. ;)

vuelo
vuelo

The center smells like strong spicy rasped orange peel with sugar (sweetness=patchouli here?) that my grandmother used to put in the fridge for flavouring cookies.

But there's more. Pine,oily pathchouli and lavender. Wow! Like... being in a pine forrest,burning some incense sticks, having massage with patchouli oil, you lay in a circle of lavender, and a woman is making some cookies, rasping a lemon and 2 orages, 1 m away (oil particles from the peel come to you with the wind), and you're just waiting for the massage to end, and lay a little more there until the cookies will be done, and you'll have some at a picnic on the grass, in the middle of those pine trees...

Mogie
Mogie

This is my signature scent and has been for years. It works really well with my skin. I receive nice comments all the time on the way I smell and I personally just love this scent. I might be a professional, but I'm a big hippie at heart.

Migotka
Migotka

Rarely do I come accross a fragrance that makes really sick. This is, sadly, on of the few.

I might be on minority, but I really hate the scent of the Lush stores. I get it, the cosmetics are natural, but it is really hard for me to stay there any longer than few minutes. And after trying out Karma, I certainly wont be back for a long time.

This smells like one of the scent bars you put among your clothes to make the moles stay away,or the scent trees some people put in their cars. Except that it is so much stronger and nauseating. The most horrible combinaation of notes I already am not too fan of: lemon and lavender, and pine smells nothing like the pine I know. I adore the scent of forest in general, here it just smells so very artificial and terrible. it might be natural, but smells like lots of chemistry to me...

Another hyped and terrible fragrance from Lush world made of please-kill-my-nerves smells.
Everything in a lush shop smells soooo artificial to my nose and incredibly expensive. I had my Lush period but then it stopped and I barely could get into a shop.
Karma doesn't smell totally artificial (like let's say Vanillary) but it's strong and very pungent.
On my skin it becomes a total hippie soaked in patchouli without taking a bath before.
Even if it happen to like it, one should go very light-handed with this.
It's maybe better to layer with soap bar and cream and only 2 drops of the scent.
The solid soap bar actually smells better.
I would like to know if Karma and other Lushes are truly organic made.

Ingie73
Ingie73

Love this perfume, but I also love patchouli, very strong smell. Reminds me of incense, hippie shops, wearing sandals and summer dresses. Although probably more of a winter perfume, can be quite heavy. Something very mystical about it.

Fragaria
Fragaria

I haven't got a whiff of the spray but the solid is great! I know from experience that people will love it or hate it. I like a lot of hippie scents. I love LOVE LUV them! I haven't found a lot of people that do though.

sleepyrita
sleepyrita

Karma smells like incense in the past, probably 70s. Oranges and patchouli always work very best and have synergy effects. Sexy but young and refreshing. This is a very strong smell. I wore this at work. Seems that my co-workers didn't enjoy this. Whatever, this is one of favourite organic perfume recently.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

think i wouldn't mind smelling this on someone else- a 19 year old student at a protest march, perhaps- but not on me. I love patchouli, being an ex 80's goth but i can't do the orange angle- it removes any sexiness from it.

Fiammuz
Fiammuz

The scent Karma between aromas of Lush I love ... It's really a perfume with good karma! So delicious I rejoice when I wear it. Intense, spicy, a little rebellious and a little mistique it gives good mood and makes sensual women as men and as said Lush, makes you want to paint everything orange and sing Love Soul ...
....
New love-a man and woman talking
New words are the only thing they can share
New Words-a love so strong it tears their hearts
...
Love is careless in its choice
....
Everything I have is the love of love ...
lalala ...
:-)

guest_Laura-Jane
guest_Laura-Jane

I absolutely adore this perfume. its is strong and lasts all day. a beautiful perfume to seduce someone and lovely to wear on a evening out although i wear mine all the time! very cheap considering what its made from! usually i cannot stand this sort of strong heavy citrisy,potent smells but this took my breath away! its also lovely and calming! everyone should own a bottle!

eranaral
eranaral

very very strong
a bit retro, in your face type, simple notes, but loud !
it is organic based (avoiding lots of chemicals)
falovalo is right, its like orange dishwashing soap.
People love it or cant stand it, not a typical smell out there, and for good reason too !

falovalo
falovalo

Strong! It instantly reminded me of dish soap! The lemon and pine needles just aren't working for me in this, it's odd and harsh smelling.

I loved the fresh orangey-smell of this in the shop but I found it took on a very nasty, strong smell later and I had to give it away (maybe the patchouli isn't my thing?)

Kyrrah
Kyrrah

Very unusual scent. Oranges and patchouli = happy fragrance. The soap and body powder are fabulous also.

CaraMia
CaraMia

I bought this one based on the description in the Lush Newsletter as I had fallen in love with the whole London Look in the 60s and 70s. This is the scent we strived for when we wore glass beads, Indian print skirts and leather headbands. I wish it would have been around then, but I'm happy it's here now.

It's a lovey tribute to the era and a lovely scent full of patchouli evergreen and citruses.

For me, Karma evokes sitting on the campus lawns listening to folk dulcimer music. Fascinating

Carla
Carla

If your going to San Francisco, head towards Haight-Ashbury, be sure to wear a flower in your hair and this happening scent! I decided to pick this up to commemorate the 50Th anniversary of the peace sign! It's so 60's, so retro, so "groovy"! The solid is the way to go on this one as the perfume is so potent it will blow you away! The lavender in the opening is lax but the orange is alive and well. The pine tree note is wild and crazy good but when it when it calms down it's ripping.. The smokey incense aroma and patchouli is perpetual and makes an " I'm here" statement. This is a keen fuse of notes with an expression of love, harmony and peace. Compared to the offbeat, powerful, pure patchouli oil worn in the past, this is positive karma at it's best. This is a neat novelty scent with a character all it's own. It's for her, it's for him, it's for everyone, it's ageless! I'm glad I added it to my collection. It's a trip!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

One of the loveliest "nearly natural" perfumes. Lush Karma gives off an intoxicating air of 1970's headshop incense, stinky hippies and herbal soap, which is a magical combination, believe it or not. :-) I love this one, as does my 65-year old father, who is so NOT a stinky-hippie-headshop kind of guy. It's nice to see a fragrance available as both a liquid and a solid, too. The solid version holds down those citrusy top notes a bit more than the liquid, so both versions smell slightly different but are equally lovely.

Karma by Lush 3.87 out of 5 based on 609 ratings and 115 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lush Karma fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lush Karma, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Karma by Lush. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Karma by Lush represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.