Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Lust Lush for women and men
dislike

yellow floral
Lust Lush for women and men Pictures

Lust is an appealing scent of dirty jasmine with additional notes of rose, ylang-ylang, sandalwood and vanilla. Available as EDP. Lust was launched in 2010. The nose behind this fragrance is Mark Constantine.

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Sandalwood Vanille Rose

Full
Waikiki Pikake
Jasmin

Lust Fragrance Reviews

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

I'm sure plenty of people know that the Lush perfumes contain tremendous amounts of natural ingredients. Indeed, the third ingredient listed on my bottle of Lust is Jasmine grandiflorum absolute, a holy grail absolute in modern perfumery along with the other precious absolutes; rose, tuberose, and orris.

Ingredient quality aside (and it is tremendous), Lust is an absolutely fantastic perfume. Right out of the bottle, the top notes are icy green accents to the absolutely huge natural jasmine accord. It's smooth and intense with a bright, challenging indolic presence. It's just gorgeous!

The heart notes are where this perfume truly shines, however. The stars of the show are definitely the natural floral absolutes of jasmine grandiflorum and damask rose, supported by a smooth, refreshing ylang-ylang. It gets sweeter over time, and a really pleasant honeyed sandalwood accord appears to remind you that this isn't your grandmother's Joy - this is modern and youthful! The jasmine remains throughout the composition as it gets woodier and earthier. Throughout the development, green facets and rosy accents appear and disappear like the flickering of fireflies.

Overall, this is easily one of the best Jasmine fragrances on the market, if not the highest quality one on the market. The only issue I have is with the base, but that is only a personal preference. If it was just a tad less sweet, this would easily be one of my favorite fragrances ever.

Longevity and sillage are above average for a jasmine parfum. As far as the negative comments here go, alluding to such things as gasoline and plastic, I do believe this is the result of the perfume containing lots of natural ingredients, which tend to have a great deal of variation on skins with even very subtle differences in pH and oil content. Incidentally, this smells gorgeous on my while Joy smells like dead raccoons.

In my opinion, this is one of the very best deals to be had in modern perfumery if the perfume, your skin, and your nose all hit it off.

MorbidPrincess
MorbidPrincess

I was encouraged to buy this and thought that the notes sounded right up my street. I got a sample first (thank goodness) because it really didn't like me at all. To me it smells like a combination of Deep Heat muscle rub and an old car. I'm really sorry to everyone who loves it, but this is the weirdest perfume I've ever smelt. In understand that it is very indolic, and I don't necessarily have a problem with this, but for some reason with this fragrance, it morphed into a terrible medicinal/petrol/oil smell. I'm glad I didn't buy a whole bottle and am sorry that this doesn't suit me at all.

Scrilla
Scrilla

I bought a purse spray of this today as I was in an awful mood and wanted a pick me up. It definitely did the trick. I was attracted to the smell right away as I use Lush Godiva shampoo which must be scented with the same jasmine oil. They smell identical. Maybe it is that bias (knowing it as a shampoo first) that stops me from smelling this as "dirty."
I've also found that I don't get indolic smells. Many fragrances known for being indolic smell simply delightful to me. I could live with my Fleurs d'Oranger from Lutens to be skankier, and I've definitely never smelt cat pee or fecal notes in anything.
That being said I do find Lust to be sexy, but more in a romantic way. I could see this on a first date or cutting class to lie on the sunny grass with a cute boy. This scent is very carefree. The woman who wears this, in my mind, is not the one that got away but so alluring and magnetic that you think she is until you meet the real one.
I don't get all the notes, no vanilla and no sandalwood which is particularly strange as I am very picky with sandalwood and it normally sticks out like a sore thumb. Just soft jasmine and a touch of rose and ylang. I think the sillage is soft but it probably isn't, I mean it wafts up around my nose with a small spritz between the breasts. Average longevity.

edit: I really wanted to add that this fragrance has an aspect to it that is reminiscent of pressed flowers. Also that someone told me after I had just sprayed some on so the sillage was huge, that it was strong but unobtrusive as the scent was so true to life. He said I smelt as if I had just been to a flower market.

@krmarich Lush has expiration dates on all of their products because they are made with many natural ingredients and will go funky if not used before their dates. It's not a strategy it's a courtesy to their customers. I have seen it myself with products I've bought. Mouldy soaps and cloudy body washes. They are simply not pumped full of chemical preservatives. All cosmetics expire, no matter the quality.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Lust is a heady jasmine fragrance and one of the most potent ones have come across. It also projects like a beast. I truly enjoy this fragrance, but rarely ever have the chance to wear it since so many people I know dislike it intensely. I still wore though once in a blue moon. Its a true bliss for jasmine lovers. It is indolic for sure, but Lust is not completely dirty. I do get a tiny bit of the mothball vibe reference for the first thirty minutes or so. However, it also retains a freshness and is balanced out by the ylang ylang. There is also a slight sweetness that emerges in the drydown. Lust is a gorgeous,rich and voluptuous scent but it is not for every one. If you know you love jasmine in all its forms then give this beauty a try, though be careful with how much you spray on.

krmarich
krmarich

This is my 3rd Lust excursion and I had to buy some Lust! I love it! Yes, jasmine is hard to wear on its own and this is just about as loud as its going to get. It has already been said that this is INDOLIC jasmine. Its the way its produced that suggest moth balls or turpentine. Lust is not ashamed to be loud apparently. Its really amped up here.

The ylang ylang begins to show though. Its the kind that seems somewhat sickening. It has a very tropical character going on, like a hot humid night in an equatorial city like Singapore. I don't get the "lust" definition-flowers aren't sexy to my nose. Its just really heavy, in your face flowers that stick around for several hours. It reminds me of Indian hair oil that has jasmine in it. Its rather relaxing and perfect to wear to bed. Be careful of the red coloring as it stains fabric.

I will stash this away for a few year to see if the expiration date is relevant. This is a silly marketing strategy to sell more, obviously. Quality fragrances never expire, and I am going to assume this one will retain its kick for many years to come.

saeglopur
saeglopur

Overwhelmingly indolic, almost like gasoline, as others have already mentioned. And yet when I'm inclined to wear it, I love it! Glad I bought the solid, seeing as I don't wear it often and have read that the spray version is mighty strong -- this is more than enough for me. Lust opens with a haughty jasmine, which is present through and through, underlined by a hint of sugar that fully reveals itself towards the end. Only a dab behind the ears and decolletage is needed. Trust me, it will project ... and project ... and project (an overdose once resulted in the opening of car windows). Need I say that it lasts? Rub well or it might stain. Great for days when you feel like being a vamp underneath that giant scarf.

FairyDust
FairyDust

Utterly and completely addictive! Far better than Child, woodier and not as stringent as Fracas. I love it! I can't stop smelling my wrist!

Jessamina
Jessamina

It's a cheeky younger sister to fracas by piguet. Fracas is more complex and subtle in its backstage at the moulin rouge sexiness - lust is more lady marmalade . It develops and lasts though, increasing in uncovering violets and sandalwood - but it's voice remains youthful and a little shrill. Mind you it's cheaper then it's more upmarket street sister Fracas so if wasn't more wiggle and a bigger pout, take Lust out.

artemiss
artemiss

Indolic. I get jasmine, honeysuckle and a touch of smoke from this. It starts out a raunchy, tawdry jasmine that stays up too late smoking cigarettes and kissing strange boys in dark alleys. Strangely, though, in that odd evolution that Lush stuff has, this dries down on me into the purest squeaky-clean soapy white floral that you'd take home to mom and dad or out to Sunday Mass in the morning...

carolynnj
carolynnj

I tried the various perfumes at lush, and immediately gravitated toward this one. Later, trying to wear it everyday, I found it was too heavy. To complicate matters, a male friend of mine said I smell a bit like urinal cake (probably the ylang ylang - a smell I used to love - now I'm left with mixed feeling about it). Not quite the sensuous smell I had hoped for! It's definitely heavy and not something I'd pick for a warm summer night... and likely never in the afternoon. This one just wasn't for me, but I understand why others enjoy it.

hanson26
hanson26

You need to try the spray version of Lust if you think you'll like it, I've tried the stick and the spray and they don't even compare. The stick smelled pretty nasty on me, the most indolic, medicinal jasmine ever and really no other notes to speak of. Now with the spray on the other hand, I can see why people like this. It basically smells exactly like the note pyramid would lead you to believe, no surprises here. Lots of jasmine and ylang with a good dose of sandalwood (especially in the dry-down) and some vanilla to round it out. Maybe a tiny bit of rose but it doesn't make too strong of an impression. Give it 5 minutes when you try it, the initial blast is STRONG, but it does settle down a little and smell a bit more smooth and well blended. Regardless, it's not my thing. Sandalwood is really hit or miss for me, I don't think I like it with strong white florals.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

This stuff is potent and needs a lot of commitment to wear. It announces your presence even before you enter a room. This is like burrying your face in a big white floral bouquet, in a room with burning incense. Vulgar, unrefined, but definitely makes its mark.

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

This is like a very smokey Fracas or EL Tuberose Gardenia for a younger demographic because much more affordable.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I originally bought this because it reminded me of Diorissimo but then eventually I went off it because it was too strong and stunk like ylang ylang to put it all very bluntly.

Lush fragrances are divisive. To me this smells like heaven. According to my boyfriend it smells like "a mall food court". Wtf?
I don't know if I'd even necessarily call this jasmine/ylang combination "dirty", but it is very heady and creamy.
It's also ridiculously strong and you're at major risk for fragrance transference.
Lust puts such creamy white florals as Michael Kors to shame with it's pure, unapologetic intensity. It's quite sweet, but not gourmand. Think more of a honeysuckle type of sweetness. I think that's probably why I am so fond of Lust as I grew up with honeysuckle bushes in my backyard and this is really the only fragrance that comes close to replicating their scent.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

A big Jasmine smack in the face. Wonderful!

True Jasmine fans will love this down and dirty Jasmine scent, while others will loath it. It's a 'Marmite' fragrance - you'll either love it or hate it.

Are you up to the challenge?

darksome
darksome

Review for the stick, not perfume.
What a gorgeous jasmine rose combo with ylang ylang in the background. It's so pure, but very loud and feminine in the same time.

This smells to me like the lilac petals that I loved so much to sniff as a child in our backyard, mixed with the most gorgeous and femme fatale jasmin (not for the faint). I still remember how pure and magical this smelled to me - and it still does.

I'm in love.

LordD
LordD

I'm quite disappointed, I must say. I feel my money would've been better spent on something else. The way it's advertised you'd think it's all about the jasmine, but I don't think that's true.

It starts off with a blast of very heady, strong ylang-ylang. You can feel the jasmine trying to show itself underneath, but the ylang-ylang keeps pushing it aside and stays protagonist for a while.

Some minutes later,the dirty jasmine note becomes more apparent, but never quite dominates the fragrance. If anything, it's a draw between the two flowers.

On paper it stays like that, but on my skin it goes kind of bubble-gummy, and then the vanilla comes through and makes everything very sweet in a gourmand way that I'm not too fond of.

amyewest
amyewest

Lust does not work for me at all because I do not care for vanilla in perfumes unless it's incredibly light (definitely not the case here).

Also, there has to be more going on in it than just the listed notes. I still wouldn't like it even if it were just heavy jasmine & vanilla, but there's something else besides sandalwood & ylang-ylang and rose that amplifies the vanilla to levels I can't tolerate.

So, in terms of my own like/dislike, it is an immediate and unqualified NO.

Now, if you do like massive amounts of vanilla (and whatever else I smelled that I don't know how to describe), this is probably going to be a favorite.

it's hard for me to say if it's well constructed or has any interesting subtleties because for me the vanilla overwhelmed everything else. I also am surprised that it's considered a primarily jasmine scent since that seemed definitely secondary to the vanilla.

It's reasonably priced, so that's nice.

Lust has major sillage and it definitely lasted a long time. I ended up Febreezing my coat and washing my wrists repeatedly before I could get all the scent off. If you like it, this should be a bonus.

For comparison, my favorite jasmine is Donna Karan Essence Jasmine.

youngerthantwelve
youngerthantwelve

Got this for an unbelievable price as there was a big sale at the mall there in Singapore. I was excited with all the positive thumbs up here, but not really when I finally tried it on. Well, there was jasmine - a whole lot of it, and it reminded me of the very common room spray smell. very-much. And it was just a small spritz. After about 30 mins, the dominant jasmine faded and came a sweet, close-to-skin cloud of ylang-ylang, and vanilla too. Its sillage is a bomb, so I too would recommend you that the less the better.

Nicole<3
Nicole<3

Like a being bit by a giant jasmine spider ,so rude of it ......back off !!!
If you have to probably better to try the solid stick,the perfume needs a health warning haha

jade50
jade50

Wow! This is strong, and I love it. Beautiful jasmine. One spritz was all I needed. I am overwhelmed with happiness that this turned out to be such a good buy.
Perfect for jasmine lovers. This is indolic, that is l why I love it. I have to spray gently... .

Pipipakiri
Pipipakiri

Warning - do not overspray (like I did). This is a beast of a perfume - very very strong if you do 2 x sprays on each wrist. Next time I'll try a teensy bit on each wrist.

It opens quite indolic with lush jasmine, then goes very very sweet with the ylang ylang. It is definitely the sweetest perfume I've ever smelt so I was a little taken aback to be honest.

The longevity is absolutely mental - on me and my clothes it is still there the next day. I believe Lush are known for this.

As I said I'll try it again in a more limited dose. Would not recommend this when going out for dinner - you may be told to leave the restaurant.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

This is for the perfume no the stick:

For me this is a nice warm Jasmine opening with the ylang-ylang that just sings. The opening isn't my favorite part, though I like it, but about 3 hours in, it's heaven as I get a nice rose/ylang-ylang duet and the Jasmine fades some. I love it and I love the longevity. You can't beat the price.

K1
K1

"Lust", a loose term to describe the scent! It's too powerful and offensively beautiful. This is just charming shape of an odd odor. An unnamed feeling of remembering something in very past, in your childhood or the days you have vague memoirs of.
The notes, they exist and represent like titans, very powerful and very uncontrolled like a motorcycle that make huge noise.
If it's gonna be a white floral perfume, then it's the moment that someone hits a bouquet of flowers in your face!
I like this but honestly I don't dare to wear it yet.

dhoakohime
dhoakohime

Worst perfume experience ever! When i smelled the bottle i thought i had found the holy gryal..my loved godiva solid shampoo made a perfume! A dark, smokey jasmine bomb..i bought it and it is the worts buy i have ever made. When spraying it on the skin you get this HUGE blast of rough chemicals that burn throat, nostrils...and i only did 2 sprays!! The texture of this thing is rough as hell! it doesn't even feel like a perfume! I had chopard's casmir in the other hand (a scent that i don't particulary like) and the difference was humongous! Casmir may not be amazing, but at least it feels like perfume..soft, smooth..kind of "oily"...this "Lust" instead!! just pure chemicals!! I have felt sick all day wearing this thing!!

Most disgusting thing ever. Definately i can say now after testing several of their perfumes that i hate Gorila perfumes.

devilsplaything
devilsplaything

Thought I'd found my perfect jasmine perfume with this one, until one day the ylang ylang gave me a bit of a headache. It's incredibly over powering. Which can be both good and bad!

It is a true perfect jasmine scent and if you're a fan of Tom Ford's Jasmin Rouge, I would suggest this as it's more potent and cheaper cousin.

violethippy
violethippy

I'm a diehard Lush fan. I got recruited by my best friend who discovered Lush twenty years ago when they first started it. She was always on top of the trends....plus I like Lush's cool approach to packaging, against animal testing, etc etc. Anyway, I LOVE LUSH.
I got this fragrance "Lust" in 2010 after it came out in the little spritzer size. That's really all you need. It is indeed STRONG. Very sexy though. If a fragrance had a color. When I put this on, I think of PURPLE. Maybe because of the VIOLETS. I love it. It's LONG LASTING. And a little bit goes a long way.

Sugarglass
Sugarglass

I really wanted this to work because I use the Serge Lutens a la nuit which is beautiful but too expensive (for me) for daily wear. I smelled this Lust in the shop and was hit by heavy jasmine. Bingo I thought and instead of letting it develop for a while, I just bought it. it is pretty cheap so no big deal I thought. within two hours it had completely changed into a very nasty petrol or paint thinners smell. I got a headache from it. Had to wash clothes few times before the smell was completely gone. This perfume quickly loses any remote smell of jasmine and turns into something really quite offensive. Don't know what they put in it but it is revolting. Very disappointed as I had liked the flying fox perfume balm which Lush have now stopped. That had been what I had gone in asking for - It developed into a nice sweet but distinctly jasmine smell unlike this petrol stink. The assistant showed me the Lust and I was really very taken with it but that smell is not the smell of two hours later! Had the Lust worked better, it would have saved me a fair amount but hopes were quickly dashed. Would not go near it again with a barge pole honestly.

rosembloom
rosembloom

I have grown up surrounded by flowers and blooms and still dwell happily amongst them. But to actualy wear a Soliflore GORILLA PERFUUUUME? euh, nope. I had smelled this once and found it repulsive. The second time , I went as far as trying it ( and liking it too!) . The third time, Lust sealed my fate. I now love this Floral escapade in the Twilight Zone of the Star- Gazing- Jasmine- Galaxy.. I look toward that 'special moment' when I can wear this Mother... Is she ever potent?! The stuff fume dreams are made of! Where some smell play-dough, petrol and plastic, I smell a sensuous, HEADY and jammy-sweet Ylang Ylang. A very rich and gooey odor that props Jasmine ( Make it MRS. Jazzzmyn )daintily up so that she seems less indolic than she really is. Queen of the night, yes, she will ensnare you with her uber seductive 'femme fatate' aura of omnipotence. She is MOTHER MONSTER... Indolic, not so much, to my great relief. I usually cannot decently wear indoles : they take a very strage turn on me :( But have been asked if I was wearing some Serge Lutens Rose scent, a rose-jam niche offering, Alien ( not indolic at all to me) and some even ventured all the way to Raspberry Land :S . ( not because of the colour, they just smelled if off my hair). I do get a creamy sandalwood note that anchors the florals beautifully and some warmth of Vanillary in it. I too must be in the Jasminic Mood to sport this with the refinement, dignity and poise of a mature Night Blooming Jasmine. I like the solid version best since I can tote it anywhere with me and its creamy base offers additional longevity ( but does Lust need it, I Wonder). A meditation in scent, it brings us to Damascus and back, accross smokey valleys and lush sandalwood forests where a single dew drop from this petal would render you pleasantly tipsy from morning to night! . A fun way I have found to use it is to mix a tiiiny bit of it with a sizeable chunk of their Massage Bars and warm them up lightly so they mingle. (Lush carries several Massage Bars. My favorite being Le Mange -Tout ( a gorgeous white chocolate body butter in solid honey-comb shaped form) . It also takes an edge off the red! ( no more unwanted coloration on clothes! ) This tones Mother JAZZZZZMYN into a tamer & fame-worthy cocoa sprinkled Jasmine petal. These solid forms are perfectly adaptable and intermingle so well... new crush!

darcy2
darcy2

I finally made it to a Lush boutique in Boston this past week. As others have noted, it's quite impossible to test a fragrance in the store; the other smells from all the open bins of bath bombs, soaps etc...are overwhelming. I sprayed Lust on my inner arm and left the store to let it develop, and get some fresh air so that I could appreciate it. This is a good representation of a soliflore jasmine in my opinion, and I am on a mission to find the "perfect" jasmine (for me). I am a big white flower fan, and of these, jasmine is my favorite note. I really hoped that Lust would fulfill all my jasmine fantasies. However, I would really love to find a jasmine perfume, not just something that mimics the jasmine flower EXACTLY. This smelled like pure jasmine to me when I first sprayed it on, and it continued to do so until it eventually faded away. There was no opening, no heart, and no drydown on my skin, just the same rather dense jasmine all the way through, which was very LUSH indeed. I could definitely identify the indolic quality of jasmine in this perfume, and understand how this could not work for a lot of people. So, after giving it a full two hours to develop, I did not end up purchasing it. I did go back to the LUSH boutique and bought a bunch of their bath products, which I think are outstanding and really their forte'. The bath products are fantastic, and all have beautiful, earthy fragrances with a rather organic/hippy feel...they are similar to Aveda fragrances. I do think these types of fragrances enhance shampoos, soaps and body butters, but somehow lose their appeal in a bottle of perfume or cologne.

ystoad
ystoad

The solid version of this is the only floral scent I can wear so far without getting nauseous. My skin works better with warm, amber/vanilla scents and flowers like jasmine and neroli usually show up too strongly and grow overwhelming. However, the "dirtiness" of the jasmine and the sandalwood makes the smell more skin-like and it doesn't get sweaty smelling on me because of the other sweeter flowers. Somehow the combination is floral animalic (think flower garden in a sticky summer dusk) so this perfume is well named.

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

Now I love jasmine, this is jasmine on steroids, beautiful strong but scary.

violetbat
violetbat

I just love this. It doesn't smell at all dirty to me, just very very strongly of jasmine.
It is the only perfume I own that people comment on when they walk in a room. The ask what the smell is and where it's coming from.The comments are always positive.
One friend commented that it reminded her of when she lived in Bali.
My mum loved it so much she went out and bought herself some . It seems though that lush perfumes do funny things on my skin. This works very well with my chemistry, others like vanillary and sikkhim girls turn into a mixture of pee and kitchen cleaner.

Tramontane
Tramontane

I first tried this on a paper tester and loved it, as I love jasmine anything, including jasmine tea, and was never able to understand how anyone found it a dirty smell. The next day I spritzed the top of my hand during lunch hour and went back to work. Within a few minutes I was talking to someone higher up in the company and found myself assualted by an offensive smell. I assumed it was her breath and was glad to be rid of her when she left. However, the smell lingered and indeed became more powerful and I was needless to say horrified when I found it was eminating from the back of my hand. I rushed to the sink to try to scrub it off but it was extremely persistent, after several mintes scrubbing I felt able to show myself in public again. Perhaps it was just my skin, on that day, - which was very hot,- but I have never smelled anything so obnoxious and nauseating since visiting the toilet block of a European campsite where all the occupants had gone down with dysentry.
I still love jasmine but will approach with caution in the future, and I will not be purchasing this one. Please don't let this review put you off, just try a little bit on your skin and see how it wears before purchasing.

hantafromsanta
hantafromsanta

Heavy, woody, spicy-dry and über-intense jasmine with this certain quirky Lush-vibe in the background.
Lust has massive sillage and lasts incredibly long, so it is very good value for money.
I own a generous sample of this rare red juice and tested it three times, but sniffing it any more so I could write a really detailed review would just be too masochistic.
Despite loving massively intense perfumes as well as big forals, there are hardly any perfumes that make me so incredibly nauseous.
The complete opposite of lust or anything pleasurable or desirable to me.

Thumbs up for all who love it, yet I think I should also add a non-positive review for balance.

Rad Inana
Rad Inana

I love this. Definitely a strong, heady jasmine. I don't smell anything strange or foul. I DO smell plenty of sandalwood. Lust may not be complex, but it is completely gratifying. Sillage: I applied this once while standing in a corner of my boyfriend's bedroom. The corner was opposite the bedroom door. He could smell it from the door.

severin
severin

i once got a free coffee at starbucks because i was wearing this.
what more can i say..

arxsyn
arxsyn

Strangely enough, I didn't find this to be dirty in anyway! Floral perfumes always do well on my skin and the SA told me, "you wear it delicately". I find this an attractive soliflore. Oh never mind, there are other flowers in the mix. Over time, the naturalistic jasmine scent got sweeter to the point on candied. That I didn't expect. Very heady. I might get this once the jasmine perfume in my cabinet wears out. It is much more affordable than bvglari.

This is just an initial impression at the store with just one spritz on skin. Would like another trial... It is a little too sweet for my taste in general

ChampagneHo
ChampagneHo

Honestly, I couldn't test this on my skin. I sniffed the tester cup at Lush and nearly died, and not in a good way.

I wish I could understand how 95% of everyone below me loved this because all I got was tooth decay, bad breath, and mothballs. I got no floral of any kind.

I've walked by real jasmine before and this is not what I've smelled in the past.

I know how differently we all smell things, but I'm still surprised that only 1 or 2 other people got the same impression as me.

pansylady
pansylady

First impression: Indolic jasmine a la Pacifica Tunisian Jasmine, laced heavily with roses-

It actually became soapier and less animalic when my body chemistry heated it up with physical activity- taking on a delightfully pleasant orange blossomy quality-

Madrin
Madrin

This one is amazing. It's just... jasmine. Very, very natural. I love that. It's quite strong at first and doesn't have the 'love'-factor, but as time goes by the scent develops into the sweet jasmine scent I love so much. It smells exactly like real jasmine in summer. Amazing. I have the solid perfume and it's quite strong, but if you apply it with care, the sillage is just fine.

reignydaze
reignydaze

Now this is a surprise for me. Iv never been drawn to full on floral fragrances thinking they didnt push my bottons, but this is summing else. When I first smelled this I didnt really get it, mainly pissy jasmine, so never bothered with it for quite a while. Passing LUSH last week I just popped in for a random sniffing fest, boy was I wrong. This is sex, sex, sex. Not a pretty light floral but a dark, deep, carnal pleasure. Im in lust for sure. If you are thinking flower fairies put a basque, thigh high boots on her and give her a horse crop, you get the picture.

rose7
rose7

After reading the notes, I assumed that I would love this. It smelled like burned popcorn kernels on my skin.

lauraapadron
lauraapadron

PSA: BUY THE SOLID VERSION. more concentrated. no leaking problems.
the scent......oh. my.god. it is absolutely incredible: bold, powerful, strong, energizing, sensual, girly, sweet,romantic,loud.......IT'S AMAZING.

Cerise Noire
Cerise Noire

On my skin, this is gasoline. That's it, just gasoline...there's absolutely nothing else that comes out or develops. And when I think about how I loved the description and couldn't wait to try it, omg. ;__;

butterbean
butterbean

Lust.

Dirty? Sweaty? Rotting? -- NOT EVEN CLOSE....Not on me or Not to my nose. (and there is zero play-dough or petrol or rubber to it. comments in below reviews are insane to say that)

Lust is quite nice. Its sweet, very floral. There is quite a bit of Jasmine, but also ROSE! I get a lot of compliments on this. Just the other day I was told: "you smell of floral delicious goodness, what are you wearing?"

It is almost equally intensive between the notes of Rose Ylang-Ylang and Jasmine. Since Jasmine is a heady note I can see why others detect more. IMO - I would say it is just slightly more intensive than ylang-ylang and rose but not much. They are fairly equal.

First spray is very floral - like you are a bouquet of flowers for sure. (It is the same floral scent you get when you are in a florists shop -- one with several different floral sprays to pick through and a large selection of roses to choose from.)

There is no rotting smell to me or on me - only intense floral. Nothing Indolic AT ALL. I will say it is quite intense but not like others have described it as a punch in the face. Will have to check in the summer when its warmer.

It also has that Lush store vanilla smell to it -- which settles the fragrance and is more pronounced over the floral notes in the dry down 9 hours later.

The color of the liquid is a orangey-RED! Do NOT spray on clothes it will stain them.

alicepolice
alicepolice

Oh boy, oh boy, where do I even begin? Well, perhaps I would like to comment on this smell of petrol/play doh/rubber etc that's been mentioned -- it IS there, but I think it's definitely the ylang-ylang. It's like a nice frame to the jasmine. I personally feel that the ylang-ylang is really what does IT for this perfume; it's girly sweet and overly pretty jasmine with a "petrol" edge. Like a girl who might seem clueless and cute, but actually knows exactly what she's doing and loves getting her hands dirty.

Ooh, I'm swooning! If you like Fracas and Truth or Dare, this will probably please your nostrils, too. I never want to run out of this.

thatsperf
thatsperf

Finally, someone managed to bottle the scent of freshly bloomed white jasmines in a perfume! The jasmines dominate the perfume, I can't really smell the roses and the sandalwood though. I'm not complaining, this is what jasmines supposed to smell like.
Edit: I sprayed a couple of spritzes this morning and I can still smell it now 10 hours later, although it's more subdued. On the first spritz I could smell a massive whiff of petrol! I don't mind because I love the smell of petrol. Dirty jasmine perfume indeed! I can imagine a female femme fatale-outlaw driving her car at 200km/h getting away from the police for the sheer kicks of it! Feminine yet bold and daring. Naked jasmine scent without the fancy 'frocks' (e.g other fragrance notes) to control its potency. Well done Lush!

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

If you love the jasmine scents from Lush, this one is for you, since it's essentially Flying Fox as a perfume. It is quite strong! It's a TRUE jasmine, crisp and tart. I find it very refreshing, perfect for a sultry summer night. Unfortunately, some people find this fragrance objectionable in some way, but I just don't care if they don't understand. I love it.

The small stick atomizer is great for saving space, but it leaked all over the inside of my makeup bag. :( So much for taking it with me... but I honestly don't need to, since it is so potent and long-lasting.

Chio268
Chio268

This is such a beautifully sensual, feminine jasmine perfume that lasts about 7-8 hours on my skin, which is good enough for me. I wear a different perfume every day but my boyfriend likes this one the best. It just smells so pretty and feminine.

I don't find this fragrance to be particularly strong-it's not exactly mild, that's true, but it's very far from being overpowering. I apply only a tiny amount on my neck and wrists and I smell amazing the whole day.

hedward
hedward

Once I was in thailand and I got me a foot massage. The massagist had an oil that smelled exactly like this. Therefore Lush Lust immediately reminds me of thailand.

It also has a very plasticky vibe to it, which is quiet nice. I think the first few hours are actually very good with that sexy raw jasmine paired with green tea but as they have vanished all that is left is indole... and this indole phase lasts and lasts forever. It smelled so strong of of that chemical-ish feces that I tried to wash it off but it wouldnt go.

The very first hours are pleasant (7/10) but it turns into that indole abomination which to me smells like chemical waste so that's 0/10 because it makes this perfume unwearable.

Sillage and longevity are indeed good 9/10

TM's Alien is very similiar to this with that beautiful jasmine but it smells much more elegant, refined and doesn't posses that vile indole.

amy_sangder
amy_sangder

I wasn't sure about this one until about the 3rd or 4th time I wore it. It got the reaction I wanted from my husband so I will definitely be wearing this more often!!
It is very strong at first ( use only one spray/squirt/dab) but after a couple hours it tones down and you are left with very sexy smelling jasmine and vanilla notes. My husband says it smells like Oolong tea and he really likes it, but only after a couple hours.. cuz it's soooo strong at first!

deadidol
deadidol

I tried this a while ago and liked it, but I wasn't sure I could pull off something so obviously flowery (not that I have any problem wearing "female" fragrances -- a well constructed scent is a well constructed scent, after all). But I think what makes this special is just how dirty is really is. On me, there's a definite gasoline note that comes through and neutralizes the force of the jasmine, making it an interesting fragrance to wear simply because of its idiosyncrasy.

If you're looking for a standard floral fragrance, this isn't it. But if you're interested in fragrances that stand alone from the crowd, this might be up your alley. People who dig something like Fahrenheit for this same reason might want to take a look at this.

As others have mentioned, it's ridiculously strong -- definitely one to spray a mist and run through rather than put directly onto the skin.

Lush can be very hit or miss with their craziness, but this one works well for me.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The best dirty jasmine out there. Not for you if you don't like heavy white florals or indolic scents. Very strong. Smells like crushed flowers that were left out in the summer sun a few hours on a humid day, so sweet they are past their prime and starting to rot. If you like that quality of white florals, buy this and don't worry about ever trying to find a perfect jasmine again, because this is it. If you don't like that overwhelming lushness - so lush it is starting to suffocate you, so lush it's starting to decompose -- then this is definitely not for you. This is not a gentle, well maybe it'll grow on you sort of jasmine. You'll know first whiff if you love it or you hate it. Try in store before buying.

Songbird891
Songbird891

This is a sweaty, hot tryst in a jasmine garden. It is rich and intensely jasmine-y, with a woody, humid undertone. I used to live in a coastal part of Texas, where we'd get intensely humid, hot summers. My mother had a trellis of jasmine that I'd play under as a kid. This perfume is that smell: steamy air, strong jasmine with a woody, dirty undertone. It's very much a bold scent, and if you're a shy, delicate type, I'd avoid it. Thi perfume is a monster. It attacks you, ensnares you and sinks its teeth in. Best of luck forgetting the smell if you don't like it, best of luck living without it if you love it. It's a gorgeous, heady, carnal attack on the nose and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Lady.BaaBaa
Lady.BaaBaa

This is a gorilla of Jasmine. Your reaction will be based on how much jasmine you can handle. Personally I love it, but it does make you feel like a giant ape has hit you in the face with a brick wrapped in white floral. Something similar but less in-your-face would be The Body Shop's Jasmine & Neroli.

pinkypuff
pinkypuff

If you really love the scent of jasmine, you should buy nothing but this one. It's not like the other chemical and heavy jasmine fragrances which is claimed that there is jasmine in them. When I smell it ı feel like ı am smelling a boquet of jasmine which is just smashed and put in a bottle.

peekaboow
peekaboow

I was inside my car with my husband one day when he mumbled what's this wonderful smell? Then he looked at me and: "Hey, that's you!" - I call this the LUST effect ;)

Lust is the most wickedly natural, seductive, yet elegant and comforting scent I'll never get tired of.
On daily basis, i use the solid perfume and on my skin, the scent lingers from shower to shower.
I have it in solid, spray, and shower gel (the flying fox). Absolutely in love!

chicrose
chicrose

lovely scent but poor packaging

Celtrino
Celtrino

I love this stuff...it's not expensive and soo good. I have it as the solid perfume...beware the red dye...it can make a mess out of light coloured clothes. This perfume has one heck of a power kick, not for the faint hearted. Very little is needed, so use a light hand. This is a true jasmine absolute...delicate, powerful, sexual, alluring and it is all entwined with ylang ylang, vanilla, sandalwood, rose...

If your skin can't take the power houses get out of the fragrance kitchen. A dominant scent, for a dominant woman...

wendyel
wendyel

It's so good it's pure evil, but in the best possible way. One spray grabs hold of you and anything within a few feet and keeps you prisoner for hours. It lives up to it's name and it's make perfectly...... Lush Lust in a bottle. Watch out world - I'm coming for you!
I have to admit the first spray is almost too much, but after a short while the jasmine takes over and stays with you. It somehow has a darkness which intrigues.
As another reviewer said - not for the faint hearted but I can't wait to spray this as a base and see what other perfumes I can add as a top layer and then stand back and wait for the consequences!

marzipanfuntime
marzipanfuntime

We had a star Jasmine vine growing up just behind the vegtable garden. This is the closet thing to how that flower smelled in the evening. Full, bitter flowers and dirt. Most people seem to be disgusted by the smell but it is so beautiful and bright white to me. I love jasmine tea, cultivate the flolwers and adore this purfume.

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

I actually LOVE this solid perfume. My favorite out of all the other ones.

a.odessa
a.odessa

While I'd love to love it, melia is right, there's a weird soapy/play-dohy smell to it, which gets worse in the soap. It's one of the best and richest jasmine/honeys I've found, but there's something in the back that just isn't right. I think the base note doesn't get low enough to ground it.

FreyaMarie
FreyaMarie

Indolic, animalic - you will love it or hate it, but there's absolutely no middle ground with this one.

Imagine that you've just returned home from a five-week trip, only to find that you forgot to throw away the flowers in your vase before you left. To me, Lust smells just like the water in that vase when you pour it out into the sink. (Been there, done that...)

Rotten florals mixed with really bad breath and quite a bit of sweat is what I get from this. There is actually a hint of jasmine in there too, but it's completely overpowered by the dirtyness. This one is not for me.

kankri
kankri

It's very, very close to true jasmine - but it isn't. There's definitely some other note in there, not sure what it is, but it throws it off from being true jasmine. It's very heavy, very strong, very sultry. I love this, but I don't really wear it, and it's not as jasmine as I would have liked.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

Dirty, sexual, and I love it. A sensual, heated romp on top of crushed jasmine petals. Incredibly naughty yet strangely comforting.

musictwig
musictwig

I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this. I don't even like jasmine! Way too strong for me.

sarah.lily
sarah.lily

i love the way this smells! it reminds me of crushed petals, that almost rotten sweetness. delicious! however, i can't wear it because anything it touches is permanently dyed red. i don't know what moron thought permanent red dye in something you spray on your clothes was a good idea, but lush has officially lost all my business, and i would like a refund for my ruined shirts! from love to hate lush, from love to hate!

Conifer lover
Conifer lover

Oh Dear! This label should come with a yield sign. I know I advertise that I love "the hard stuff" but this is ruthless! Whew, the power of this fragrance almost blinded me. I think I will have to re-test with a pin drop amount or add this to my bath water to appreciate it. This is loud, almost sickening sweet over the top jasmine.
The scent itself is very pretty and I would love it toned down a little.

SuperUltraFabulous
SuperUltraFabulous

I’m a guy. I love this and I don't care.

Reminds of an exquisite Indian jasmine incense that I used to burn, however much more complex than that.

Very sexy indeed. But smells very natural too.

Shwets
Shwets

Wow this is a gorgeous sparkling jasmine tea like scent and i dont even like fragrances that are predominantly jasmine based with the indoles - yuk!

This review if for the solid stick and i adore this scent which lasts all night on me. Incredible for a solid perfume that cost me only £5 and more sillage than my expensive fragrances!!

The red colour has been toned down so i have no problem with staining.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

This is just ridiculously strong. Jasmine amped up to amounts that even Alien (Thierry Mugler) would be ashamed of.
It also is a true jasmine, I get none of the "green tea with jasmine" some seem to be getting. No, I get the scent of a true jasmine flower in the night, heavy, creamy, indolic. That scent, intensified a hundred times or more, that's Lust.
As calyx93 mentioned, it does smell like gasoline. Gasoline, hot asphalt and jasmine.
It almost stinks. And I'm absolutely in love with it.
I have the solid perfume version. It sits there innocent in it's simple black packaging, but when opened, it transforms into a succubus, full of, well, lust.
I feel that if I'd have this in liquid form, I wouldn't be able to control the amount of perfume as well as I can with solid. So it might become quite overpowering.

calyx93
calyx93

Incredible skanky, mothball-ish, rich, almost gasoline-like jasmine with a bit of vanilla - I hope it NEVER changes.

suesue
suesue

I love the scent, but it is way too strong. I tested it in a Lush-Store and my boyfriend and me got a headache. Sad.

sweetiepea161616

I already wrote my review (below) but I wanted to add that if you appreciate the scent of this fragrance but it's just way too strong, you will really appreciate Lush's golden dusting powder called "Lustre". Get it? lol It is a gorgeous, shimmering gold powder with the scent of Lust. It's a much more manageable and easier way to wear this overbearing scent. If you dust on the powder, your skin looks gorgeous and the amount of scent is comparable to that of a "normal" fragrance. I highly recommend it!

I ordered several samples from Lush quite some time ago, but when they arrived I found that one (or more?) of the vials had leaked, leaving dark red stains all over the inside of the cellophane bag in which the vials were wrapped and also all over the inside of the small box in which they were put to prevent damage. Clearly they need to work on their packaging strategy, but I also wonder about the color of a couple of these perfumes. It does not inspire confidence in the claim of all-natural creations that they should be empirically indistinguishable from Red Dye no 5. I am serious: the color of LUST and also of TUCA TUCA is identical to that of a bottle of red food coloring.

Now, having finally mustered up the courage to give these perfumes a good sniff, I am happy to report, first, that they did not degrade over the year when they sat untouched in the box in which they arrived, so that's the first clue that the perfumes are made of decent ingredients. The second and more important clue is that these perfumes really do smell pretty good, against all of my negative expectations instilled not only by the shoddy packaging and the gaudy colors but also my sole visit to a Lush store, which lasted all of two minutes before I ran out in horror.

Let's just say that in-store testing of this brand is likely to be an exercise in futility. Overly perfumed soaps abound, along with God knows what else, and they all come in wild colors and patterns and it's all quite overwhelming in the end. For me it was serious sensory overload. The final deterrent to taking this brand seriously was the ridiculous newspaper catalogue they send out to me periodically, in which all sorts of apparently hippie-era products are being advertised in some pretty over-the-top prose by the Lush zealots, all of whom appear to be "linked in" to drug culture.

Never judge a book by its cover or a perfume by its bottle or a company by its insane concept and marketing. Lush LUST offers a big-time blast of gorgeous and glorious jasmine. This is no joke: you must LOVE jasmine in order to be able to wear LUST. My dab-on sample vial produces a voluminous cloud of jasmine which appears to extend about a meter outward in all directions. A few other flowers have been thrown into the mix, but this is mostly about Jasmine with a capital 'J'. The jasmine is strong but not overly indolic, to my nose. This is nothing like Creed JASMAL, which is more indoles than flowers, and hence unwearable by me.

I would describe the feminine perfumes of this line as gooey. There is something messy and primitive about them but at the same time very appealing because they smell so natural. I believe Lush when they say that they mix these elixirs up in a kitchen-like laboratory. Their perfumes really do have a hand-made quality to them. I'm sure that some people who wear a lot of refined, genteel niche perfumes would be put off by the intensity of these creations, but I think that they might very well appeal to those who like the perfumes of Serge Lutens. Intense is the key word, and if you adore jasmine, this is a must try and probably even a safe blind buy, given the modest price.

bakinom
bakinom

I have small sample bottle.. but will definitely buy bigger one once... beautiful scent..

brettashley
brettashley

Lust is definitely one of Lush's signature fragrances - if you've ever been in a Lush store, you've probably smelled it, although there's so many scents in there that you wouldn't know it until you brought the perfume home. Anyway, definitely try this at home before you come to any conclusions.

This is a powerhouse fragrance - a heady tea jasmine pretty much through and through. Vanilla and sandalwood never really make an appearance for me. Staying power is excellent; after 5-6 hours, I still catch whiffs of it on me throughout, and I'm sure other people can smell it as well (I tend to get a bit anosmic with my own perfume). I've grown to really like this fragrance, but I've got to be in the mood for a heavy jasmine and it can be a bit stifling when it's too hot. Under the wrong conditions, Lust can definitely induce some headaches. (...there's a joke in there somewhere.)

Use a light hand when applying. When I dabbed the fragrance oil on, my sister smelled it from the other side of the house. She said the whole house smelled different, but not in a bad way. (And then she expressed a desire to eat my perfume. Hm.)

Despite it's name, I don't get "sexy" from Lust. It reminds me of crisp summer nights and jasmine in bloom. Wonderful.

LlygaidSerennog
LlygaidSerennog

I have the solid stick scent and WOW it's strong! It's in-between spicy and musky. Its doesn't last very well on the skin and because it's red it leaves red marks on your skin :/

muskymale
muskymale

WOW! Totally VA VA VOOM of a jasmine scent! Definitely not for the faint hearted! I love this perfume. Super sexy indeed!!!

aliensex
aliensex

I love it. And cruelty free fragrances smell so much better.

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

Naphthalene! I couldn't believe my nose. 20 minutes later comes the raw jasmine, very indolic indeed. This was a torture for me. I respect those, who can wear it.

valarian
valarian

What a silage monster if you don't like Jasmine stay away if you do then you are in for a treat! This delivered on many levels top marks for silage and longevity, top marks for price. The perfume itself is heady, powdery, dark, and spicy with almost the bite of a strong lemon. A spray or two is all you need and no it's not refined I wouldn't say complex either but it is a whopping big hunk of Jasmine for your money. If you lean towards oils and exotic darker perfumes then this should be something you will love.

rednut
rednut

Smokey Jasmine, dark, dark, dark. It doesn't smell like Habanita but has the same 'smokey' quality to it. I love it but am absolutely a fan of the stronger, darker scents. It's very spicy when first sprayed but dries down fairly quickly into a dusky jasmine and sandalwood scent. It's not for the faint hearted so if you are a bit Queen of Gothika with a penchant for heavier perfumes, it's probably for you. It's definitely for me.

sweetiepea161616

I was laughing at one of the previous post's and nodding in agreement. Seriously, this scent "takes no prisoners"!! It is like a sultry, deep, heady, almost powdery and smokey, enveloping, cloud of jasmine that you can smell from miles away. Kinda reminds me of the power of Guerlain's Insolence. It doesn't smell like it, but it has that power and that ability to wrap itself around every inch of you. Sillage monster!!!! If you do not LOVE LOVE LOVE jasmine, stay away. This is a jasmine smoke bomb. Really gorgeous in small quantities, but don't overdo it. Also, this is a very unique scent (like all of Lush's scents) which is always nice.

lolitajade

If Lust is your favourite night perfume then Joy by Jean Patou would be it's daytime equivilant :)

EVERYBODY TRY THIS!!!!

I stated I felt Lust needed a hint of sweetness and suggested trying mixing it with Vanillary.

I dont have Vanillary but tried one spray Lust and one spray Silky Underwear (similar to Vanillary) and it smells absolutely divine. I would put it on par as my favourite perfume ever, along with Karma (maybe even better) and definately would wear it out clubbing.

neila.alia
neila.alia

I love everything about it, I love that it is overpowering and takes no prisoners, I love that you can smell it for hours after applying it, I love that it is dirty, sexy and seductive. I will be wearing it day and night because i love how it smells on me and I love the idea of smelling of Lust!

lolitajade

I wanted to but this because of the claims of being strong and sexy for night time use.

Upon first spray I sprayed it on my chest and I could taste it in the back of my throat (just one squirt)

It smelt like zoflora and old ladies heavily floral scent for about an hour.

When it settles it does smell nice and sexy. Very much like Poison smelt in the 80's. I don't see this being worn out clubbing but for a romantic meal for two or a sexy night in :)

Very nice when settles so put on a good hour before you go out and maybe best behind your knees rather than close to your nose.

Different, Sexy and mysterious. I think too floral for clubbing.

I think a hint of Sweetness would make this better (more Vanilla maybe) I may try mixing it with vanillary?

I love different perfumes. I am not thinking wow this is amazing but I will wear it when I want to feel sexy and intimate.

theoffbeatkid
theoffbeatkid

Simply ravishing. Lust is for people who are serious about their jasmine. Tiny bottle, but definitely packs a punch. Like others have said, Lust is bags and bags of jasmine tea brewing in your house. Heavy, thick and intoxicating brewed jasmine. A sweet but faint note lingers in the background, like drizzled honey in the tea. If you are familiar with the Lush line, it smells closely to Godiva rather than Flying Foxes, though both scents are almost identical they are more like sisters to me. Flying Foxes has more honey,which I would have like to seen in Lust. One spritz is enough and two spritzes on me, is overkill. Last all day 6+ hours. I prefer to wear it at night on my chest, and in the day below the knee. Confident, gorgeous and most definitely lusty.

caseyu
caseyu

i have to somewhat agree with Habanita, she and i both noted something peculiar, maybe just "signature" about the whole Lush package. it did not seem to offend me as much, but i had to ask the sales gal, "WHAT is that smell again?!" FORTUANTELY Lust did NOT have that same underlying mysterious herbal thing going on, and it is sweet, heady, not as powdery, but altogether something strong and in-you-face sensuous.

this one is DEF a commitment, on the behalf of the wearer. the silage is awesome and it refuses to move until you move it. in other words, you might have to bathe to get this one off. even after you spray and sleep all night, you awake to the same fragrance you had gotten sick of the whole day before. it's not that it's horrible, i just think sometimes when a perfume wears down it can be a huge blessing. i bought it, and will wear it, but not everyday.

Jasmine is great, Horst R. founder of Intellegent Nutrients wears it and showcases it in his line and it is wonderful. much more expensive, but it also doesn't say "fragrance (oil)" on his label, his is 100% natural carrier oils and pure jasmine only, hence the wicked price tag. LUSH likes to blend essentials with synthetics, which is sure to boost the lasting power of any fragrance and dampen the price tag. for the price, it's fine.

Jayne58
Jayne58

I have my old flying fox temple balm on one hand and lust solid perfume on the other. Allowing for the age of the temple balm, I would still say it is a gentler creature, while the perfume has more kick to it and needs to be handled with more caution. Both honeyed jasmine overload, though. Good thing that I prefer rich, dirty and dangerous to pretty, clean and safe. Fabulous value for money.

hollyms

Amazing, a work of art for jasmine lovers. Do not seek out this perfume expecting an everyday-type scent! This is for special occasions, going out to the clubs when you want to feel SEXY and absolutely intoxicating. I've never smelled anything like this. Be careful though, if you apply too much you can taste it in your mouth! Use sparingly and it will last you forever!

This was so strong and harsh like the complete line today to me. I didn't want to test anymore scents after 4 totally flopped. To me they all had the same strong and ugly main dominant note. Have they all gone bad or what was wrong?

ravynkat
ravynkat

finally got into a lush store and bought another godiva shampoo bar, flying fox wash, and this lust solid which smell (to me) exactly the same. very strong, deep scent of jasmine, sandalwood, and ylang ylang coming through which lasts for days. i absolutely love it's dark, almost witchy aromas. it is definitely an acquired taste - if you don't already love those main notes, you probably won't like this at all. but overall it's very natural and calming.
;)

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

I have been a huge fan of Lush since I've discovered it. This was a temple balm a before it became a perfume, and i definitely like the balm more. It is (well,was) very tender, and you could control the amount you applied. Whereas now, with the atomizer and bottle, the consentration of oil is very high and you can really overdo it.

The bottle and atomizer are total killers. Both of them leak, leak, and than leak again. And the solid perfume is hell - RED HELL. Grrrrrrr!! :@

Now about the fragrance itself. It's an aphrodisiac bomb. And CandyPerfumeGirl was totally right: people either love it or hate it.. All the guy friends I have love This :) But be careful because everyone has different noses (haha I just made up a new phrase)

Scent: 10/10 - I love it
Bottle (stick): 0/10 - horrible...

hannaheart
hannaheart

It's weird in a good way. Kind of addicting once you get used to it.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Not sure about this one! Bought it on vacation on a whim and now I'm having second thoughts. First of all the bottle is horrible I placed it in my suitcase and it spilled quite a bit of perfume causing the black outer part of the the bottle that I guess is painted black to peel off. To make things worse at my aunt's house she was using a scented oil for the house that smelled exactly like this one. This is a dark juice that is more like a seductive potion. Lots of jasmine perhaps too much??. The staying power is amazing in this one. More for formal nights out. Will consider using in the winter to see how it reacts with my chemistry.

lara0905
lara0905

At the first time when I had luck to try this essence I was a little bit affraid, because I didn't want to get headache from the strong jasmine smell. So I just applied with light hand.:)But I cannot imagine what might have happened if I use this as a "normal" perfume.:)

She's the Black Widow!!:)

Extremly sweet jasmine aroma softened with sandalwood and vanilla. First this essence is freshly energetic jasmine note with some ginger nuance, very stimulant, like the cool jasmine tea. But. After this dynamic opening the jasmin begin to grew on me cruelly and unmercifully. Sandalwood and vanilla dampening down this almost intolerable, strong, sweet jasmin smell.
The final act is a dusty, Lush-like,longlasting, earthy, sweet jasmine odor what is just insidiously merges under your skin. Intoxicating, stifling infusion..
So...Lust is just unnoticable enmesh you and just waiting until you get drowned...

She a serious killer, so be careful with her!!:)

This fragrance transported me to an old museum's storage where She lives lonely in the dark....and She just waiting...and waiting...:)

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

I've heard left & right that this is the Lush/Gorilla scent that will get attention in public. While I believe every word I've heard, on me it's just yuck. Doesn't work w/my chemistry. And I'm not sure I like anything called LUST anyway.

hollyms

This is the scent to wear when you want attention. Wear it when going clubbing, out with friends for a long night, or an important romantic event. Even so, use sparingly. I emphasize this enough. This is so potent the it will be making you and others cough if you apply too much. This is the strongest, boldest jasmine scent you'll experience.

pickledjo
pickledjo

This one is very rich. As many Lush perfumes are.
I didn't like it at first but it is a grower. It is like the Godiva Lush Shampoo Bar, or an over-brewed Jasmine tea.
It has a mature, warm, cozy orangy feel to it.
An Autumnal/Wintery scent for afternoons/evenings.

JasmijnMade
JasmijnMade

Lust...a tricky one. I understand that people have something against this perfume, since it is very heady, strong and sharp. But i personally LOVE this composition, to me, it is an incredibly sexy Jasmine composition. I love that it settles into a strong Jasmine.
You really have to watch the amount you spray on though..ONE little spray is truly enough for hours..at least if you don't want people to start coughing next to you in the tram (yes i had that the first time i ignorantly prayed on the perfume and went to work)
And another downpoint, the perfume is red and stains!
I knew that the solid perfume stained clothing, but when i started to find these 'unidentified' small red specs on my tops (i assumed i might had been eating strawberries a little too enthusiastic), i tested it!
Still really wish that Lush would make a perfume out of Flying Fox (Jasmine and honey...yum!) or Godiva..
That would end my quest for the perfect Jasmine perfume.

summerbreeze0
summerbreeze0

My goodness ! what was Mark Constantine doing dreaming up this fragrance, must be the worse ever.A friend passed this on to me to try (some friend lol)
Smells like road works when the guys are tarmacing the roads,wonder if Mark C was ever a construction worker? I thought it might get better with time, but alas after an hour had to wash it off, vigorously!.I can see why she passed it on!
Please make sure you try befor you buy.

Fiferstone
Fiferstone

Wow, was this ever not what I was expecting. Top notes (on me): overripe bananas and burnt rubber, after about an hour I was getting something very akin to mothballs, and now, after an hour, I'm finally getting hints of jasmine. No rose, ylang-ylang, sandalwood or vanilla for me. I think this one's a no-go.

Would like to put in a shameless plug for the gorilla perfume samples currently available at the LUSH shops (and possibly online). The price in the US is around 20 USD, and for that price you get samples of all the gorilla perfumes that are large enough for several tries. Well worth the investment before you buy the full-size bottles.

sin5409
sin5409

i like GODIVA shampoo bar, i like flying fox shower gel, and yes how can i not get one bottle of this, since i love the smell, i dun mind it is strong

Killercolours
Killercolours

(SOLID VERSION) Depending on when you ask me if I like this one or not you'll get a different answer. A heavy green tea jasmine scent that's really OUT THERE, so apply lightly. Right after application it does smell a bit stale and strange, almost soap like, but it calms down after an hour or so. If I wore this in the summer I guess I'd puke, but for sunny spring mornings or during crisp autumn weather it smells comforting and makes me happy. Well, if I'm in the right mood for it.

My only serious con is the colour. Why the he** is it red? It stains my pale skin if I don't rub it in really well. That's just sooo unnecessary..

CandyPerfumeGirl
CandyPerfumeGirl

You'll either love this or dislike it and sometimes you'll probably have to be in the right mood for it. Lust shares the exact same fragrance as the Lush Flying Fox shower gel, which has been specially formulated to help women who suffer with PMS. Its true that the last time I had PMS myself, I was craving this scent!!! It was so wonderful to inhale and made me feel better. Most of the time, however, I find it too sweet and overpowering and wouldn't wear it, although I do still like it. The perfume itself is very strong, will last all day and still stays on your skin if you try and wash it off several times!!! The smell is indeed jasmine, with lots of honey! Very sweet, but there's also something 'dirty' about it when it settles.

Hidden Hermia
Hidden Hermia

I ordered this online (as well as ‘The Smell Of Weather Turning’ which is amazing) and my bottle had leaked a bit so everything in my package smelt like it. I had it in perfume quarantine out on my mantelpiece and my room smelt like jasmine for three weeks. This thing has an incredible throw.

I feel like i can only pull it off on my vampy/ gothish nights out on the town when i want to turn heads.

Its definitely a ‘tea’ jasmine as apposed to a ‘flower’ jasmine.

peachtoast
peachtoast

I usually avoid anything with jasmine in, but I gave Lust a go when I got it in a Lush goodybag. It's very strong and sweet - if you've ever had iced jasmine green tea from a Chinese supermarket or in a restaurant, that's the smell! It's pretty linear and softens with time, doesn't become heavy or woody. It's pretty nice when it warms on your skin. Try if you like sweet, confident, feminine smells, avoid if you prefer sharp, fresh, woody ones.

Sailor Marie Bliss
Sailor Marie Bliss

Just recieved one of Lush's "gorilla perfume" sticks in Lust as a gift. Put some on 8 hrs ago, and still can't decide how I feel about it. I love Lush's Karma, & the solid perfume version of Honey I Washed the Kids, so I was hoping to love this as well, but it is STRONG!!! An incredibly heady(or overpowering if you don't like) rush of jasmine, to the degree of not fading a bit, even 7 hrs later, and actually seeming to intensify(!!!) after I tried washing my wrists! And yet, I can't say I DISlike it. If I do wear it again, I will be scrupulously light-handed with it. Confused...

PS-I absolutely love the sturdy little "stick" atomizer. Perfect for throwing in my purse, and not worrying that it will break or discharge accidentally.

Migotka
Migotka

I tested this one in the shop today. Man, it was the first time ever I laughed out so loud while trying anything...

Do you know this odour (I can not even call it a smell) of flowers when they sit for way too long in a vase? When they slowly starrt rotting, and the water starts smell quite specifically? I often smelled it at cementaries, when we were emptying the vases of old flowers and were putting some fresh ones in. And this is how Lust smells. I am not by all means saying it smells of cementary, but it gives an impression of something mauldy, stuffy, unpleasant. Decomposing jasmine and rose, that's how much I got.

guest_moi
guest_moi

LUST smells just like strong green tea and jasmine to me. With some sweetness. Unapologetically unique, most LUSH fragrances are. I adore their fragrances, and this is definitely a new star. Love or hate, as always with LUSH. :) I admire the company tremendously for not creating middle of the road, watered down "modern" fragrances and of course for being cruelty-free. LUST smells niche, unique and personal, but priced more sensibly.

juliebilo
juliebilo

it's smells like vice and sex and cigarets

guest_Jasmine
guest_Jasmine

Amazing scent!! as a true Jasmine lover, this is my Jasmine fragrance!
It starts really spicy, but the overal note of sweet Jasmine comes out after a while and stays till the end.
I wanted a true Jasmine perfume, without too many other ingredients, the feeling of walking past a full blooming Jasmine bush on a sticky hot night...
It makes you feel sexy, but beware of how much you spray, the perfume is really strong, and stays on for hours...which i love, but can be overwelming to others!
I am still waiting for the day they make a perfume out of Lush Flying Fox thought...

B-Boy93
B-Boy93

Extremely seductive and dangerously strong (great if you love it, bad if there's someone close to you who hates it.) It's definitely a night scent, something you might wear out with your boy/girlfriend (NOT on a first date however, because as mentioned before, the perfume is so prominent it could put someone off - best to test the waters with something safer [i.e. something subtler] first.) It's not quite as 'jasmine' as I would have liked; there's a very strong spicy (and if you experience synesthesia, 'red') note that I can't quite put my finger on, possibly the sandalwood in the composition. My father can't stand it, and can smell it from the kitchen even when I've sprayed it upstairs in my bedroom. One of my girlfriends was walking towards me from her house, she stopped and went 'Ohh, it’s YOU!' - yep, she'd smelt it from up the street! Really, to get a true idea of this perfume, you have to smell it for yourself, but BEWARE - stains clothing a red colour and lingers on fabrics.

vertigo
vertigo

This is the most powerful jasmine I've ever smelled.
Very indolic.
For me way too strong.
But I think this is just how they are, the Lush.
Really don't have more to say about it.

melia
melia

Beware: this perfume will fall in the section 'weird smell'. It is creamy, but it has also this play-doh fibe to it. A perfume which confuses you. Is it lust, or something else? Definitely not a simple crowd pleaser; not that people will hate it, it's just that they won't understand it. Neither will I. Try it yourself.

Lust by Lush 3.74 out of 5 based on 384 ratings and 120 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lush Lust fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lush Lust, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lust by Lush. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lust by Lush represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.