Designers » L » Floral « Groups

Sikkim Girls Lush for women and men
dislike

tuberose
Sikkim Girls Lush for women and men Pictures

Sikkim Girls conjures the exotic and was inspired by a story told to musician Sheema Mukherjee of the "Sikkim Girls" who seduced a Darjeeling cafe-owner's son with the sensual sway of their bodies.

Sikkim Girls features sultry floral notes of frangipani, jasmine and tuberose on a sweet base of vanilla. Adorned with a custom label featuring a charming illustration of the sensual Sikkim Girls in red, black and white, the fragrance is available in a range of sizes from 0.3 oz. to 3.1 oz. Sikkim Girls was launched in 2013. Sikkim Girls was created by Simon Constantine and Mark Constantine.

Jasmine Frangipani Vanilla Tuberose

Sikkim Girls Fragrance Reviews

TylerTremallose
TylerTremallose

This little magic potion opens up for me with a beautiful mixture of tuberose and jasmine. Something quite interesting for me as I love both those scents. I dont get a lot of frangipani, which is also a note in the fragrance, but more of the tuberose and jasmine.

After a few hours the nice blend of vanilla comes seeping through, however its not a strong vanilla so the scent smells like a nice floral incense.

This lasts a LONG time for me. Sprayed it on around 5 pm and i could still smell it around 1 am on my skin. Although it wasnt as strong as it first smelled when I sprayed it on.

I am overall pleased with this fragrance and would highly suggest it to someone else.

Hummingbirder
Hummingbirder

Nag Champa, jasmine, and sandalwood. It's a nice smell, but it's sort of like wearing incense. I wear it rarely because I tire of it easily.

It has moderate sillage, and the fragrance lasts many hours. I've never had a compliment or complaint. To me, it is not a special fragrance. It's not offensive, but doesn't send me, either.

madamerosie
madamerosie

IN LOVE with this scent. It's quickly becoming my signature and I am blowing through the little bottle I got..so happy they are not discontinuing this one, though all my other Gorilla Perfume favorites are on the chopping block.

I normally wear this alone but a few times have applied it over the tiniest dab of patchouli essential oil to give it some weight, which went far to enhance its longevity and body for any risk takers out there.

Beepert
Beepert

Absolutely gorgeous scent. I bought a little 10ml bottle of it in the shop and immediately had to get my hands on more (I'm terrified it'll be discontinued).
This has the wonderfully heady sweetness of jasmine, but without the heavy-handed indoles of Lush's 'Lust' - it is jasmine smelt on night air, wafts of it reaching your nose as if on a moonlit breeze. It is slightly smoky on my skin too. Beautifully structured, but the longevity isn't great, and it sits rather close to the skin. It does remind me of 'Karma' somehow - not sure why, but I can detect a similar note. A treat.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this starts out kind of promising, but then it gets very very sweet and floral. i don't mind florals or sweetness, but in this combination it is just too much. the frangipani is very strong on me, and is the note i can primarily smell. maaaybe with a hint of vanilla to ground it a little, but this is a very sweet vanilla. i think my skin often has issues with white florals though, so maybe that's why.

racheldaylewis

I also really want to try a bit of this before shelling out the $20+shipping from the website. I wish they made it in sample sizes. Anyhoo, I'll gladly compensate for it if need be. PM me and we can work out something. I have a couple extra Tom Ford private blends I'd be willing to trade for a couple lushes. Just a thought. :)

mellybabydoll
mellybabydoll

I REALLY want to try a decant of this! If anyone is willing to send me a little, please let me know.

racheldaylewis

So I'm just branching out away from my staple frags of: ck euphoria, Burberry, and emporio Armani lei. I purchased a handful of Tom Ford private select and am waiting on some lush samples I ordered with some deodorant. Upon receiving their "karma koomba" shampoo bar I became a literal crack addict with this company. Unfortunately I am a single mom who can't afford to throw change around for $20 blind buys (the closest store is hours away) so I can only live vicariously through your opinions and hope lush sends me one with my order.
Sikkim girls sounds Devine, as does lust and orange blossom, icon, rose jam, cocktail and obviously karma.

I'm winning on a decently priced bottle of lust on eBay, will update accordingly.

Beaufort
Beaufort

I really love a lot of Lush/ Gorilla perfumes and this is one of my favourites.
To my nose this is a more sophisticated version of Karma. More complex and more mature. This could almost be classed as a flanker to karma.
If you love Karma, you will definitely love this.

Emma0714
Emma0714

"Sikkim Girls" makes me think of the gorgeous novel/movie "Memoirs of a Geisha"

Little flicks before my eyes of when Chiyo is in training of becoming a maiko, and is learned that she is to be able to stop a man in his tracks with one single look.

Cherrytrees in bloom, silk dresses, white powder, red lips.

"Why Hatsumomo, you used to smell of jasmine..."

Sikkim Girls is a strong, but sweet and romantic floral scent, not as indolic as some jasmine-based perfumes (Lust from LUSH as an example) (and this one contains mostly absolutes from jasmine, frangipani and tuberose - how gorgeous is that?)

You need to try this one if you are curious about perfume oils, and like the scent of jasmine, but want a more "everyday" version of it.

Sikkim Girls is very close to the skin, and very sweet and flirtatious. But they hide something really sensual behind those layers of silk.

nyalta77
nyalta77

Sikkim is a delightfully wonderous scent, delicate yet long lasting with immense sillage that is a pleasure to behold. I love the combination of white florals, jasmine, tuberose and vanilla, my favourite notes. Also being blended with a honeyed frangipani that sits like a halo on this angelic perfume.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Unfortunately this gave me a headache.

It's very strong on frangipani and jasmine, very thick and 'milky' to me. Far too overpowering IMO. Although great for heavy floral fans.

miaou
miaou

Well, this one is lovely, but VERY heady. Everytime i try it, i think, wow, what a great perfume! ...And get a headache 30 mins later.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Heady white floral bouquet. I'm using this before sleeping this Christmas Eve. Two hours and it has settled on my skin, though still pretty powerful. Creamy, with a very raw edge, Lush Sikkim Girls is a dirty white floral--Night blooming Jasmine (Dama de Noche from where I'm at), tuberose and a little vanilla to keep everything 'grounded. I would imagine this as the scent of 'skin on skin'. Oddly comforting on this balmy December night here in the tropics.

I tried this one today out of a bunch of other Lush scents in the same line. It smells very heady floral, you need to like thick florals with an exotic edge and I do!
It's mainly about frangipani the headshop oil type but more refined and a bang of tuberose. Very exotic and quite beautiful like a sensual hippie, if it makes sense. I imagine a self-confident woman dressed in colourful long skirts and long messy hair. It's not a typical elegant fragrance, more of a raw and sensual one. It smells like freedom and careless attitude, so not-fashionable of these days.
It reminds me of Creed Tuberose Indiana.
I don't love it but I like it.
It starts very strong but it fades in a short time and stays close to skin.

scentedrat
scentedrat

On me this is very soft and spicy, without the heady florals. It goes on strong for just a few minutes, and quickly becomes more of a skin scent. I bought this in the Lush store without knowing the notes, and was surprised to find out what they really were. If I'd seen the notes in advance I wouldn't have bothered trying it, most likely! I don't get any recognizable citrus or vanilla, which makes me happy. The white flowers are not like spring flowers and there is none of the screechiness I often get with them. This is more like the suggestion of flowers during the winter, while you are nice and cozy inside.

Lasting power is almost non-existent on me. Once it softens, it quickly disappears. This smells very much like Yosh's Ginger Ciao (why?? they couldn't be more different!), but GC is stronger and sticks around for awhile. I didn't smell that resemblance at all in the store. As so often happens with me, it seemed to be a completely different perfume once I used it at home.

I love the scent; I just wish I could enjoy it for longer!

stefafra
stefafra

Nice flowers with a touch of vanilla in the background, but not too much.
It opens up a lot like some good incense, then goes happily flowery, and reminds me of Versace Blonde (that I used to steal from my mum ages ago), must be the tuberose.
It also, rather funnily, reminds me of some scented erasers that I had as a child, so I get a fleeting "back to school" moment.
A touch of tiaré, for the exotic feeling, and not too much jasmin (I like jasmin, but my partner dislikes it actively and thinks is soapy)
Have a feeling that it lasts rather short on me, but it might not be a bad thing, as some very persistant perfumes tend to give me a migraine...

xanacastro
xanacastro

I have this perfume but I'm not used to wear this kind of scent. I bought it because when I sampled it on my skin, people went crazy about it. I think 3 people asked me that day what I was wearing, and that it was amazingly sexy. I do feel sexy with this, it responds very well with my skin chemistry.The floral notes slowly calm down, and turn smokey with a bit of resin sweetness, strange isn't it?
The longevity and sillage in this is WOW. I have to be extra careful with it because a tiny bit travels away miles! Two little dots on the wrists, and behind each ear. When I wake up more than 20 hours after, i can still smell it on my wrist. It is one of my signature scents for winter.

starbox120862
starbox120862

Pleasant, but somewhat flowery and 'old ladyish'. If the name makes you think Bollywood and strongly scented incense, I think you'll be disappointed; you have to absolutely douse yourself in it to notice it's there.

Ejlgsp71
Ejlgsp71

Lovely, soft, warm skin scent. Well constructed but not a heavy hitter. Light and enjoyable. I can smell almond.

SERENAGELB
SERENAGELB

Warm, sensual & exotic. On me, very wearable as well! I open the cap, press a finger to the opening, turn the little bottle upside down for a moment, then dab at my pulse-points with that finger. It smells almost like an incense-filled room at a temple. Lasts quite a while. Mixes well with my body chemsitry. & I love that it's mostly natural essential oil ingreds.

dragenpuff
dragenpuff

It smells nice on the bottle, and on the sales-person who introduced me to it, but on me it smells very strongly animalic, with floral notes playing in the background.
It's certainly a special fragrance, quite the experience, but I don't think I shall be wearing it. I don't hate it, but I don't like it on me.

icingsugar
icingsugar

I can imagine Janis Joplin wearing this; earthy and soulful.

sootica
sootica

I like this but not sure if it suits my skin as the dry down is not as nice as when I first apply it - very floral and heady - nice, could have more staying power.

susanmsuk
susanmsuk

I've really tried to like this, but I think Sikkim Girls just doesn't suit my skin-type and despite testing it several times it barely registers after half an hour.

eludiastar
eludiastar

This perfume is truly beautiful. It is very alluring and very sensual. And I adore that it has a story to go with it. Every time I put it on I am transported to an exotic place. I close my eyes, I take a very deep breath of this lustful fragrance and I almost imagine myself as a Sikkim girl. As the story suggests to me I am dressed in colourful exotic attire. I am swaying from side to side and I am enticing men in that very subtle manner. But, within an hour my daydreaming comes to an abrupt end as this fragrance very briskly fades away to nothingness. Such a disappointing ending to such a wonderful dream.

noori
noori

I get a prominent frangipani with a strong jasmine and a surprisingly quiet tuberose. I like Lush/Gorilla Perfume's white flowers (first Lust, now this); instead of being romantic or elegant, they tend to be more of a "raw" kind (at least for me). However, unlike Lust, Sikkim Girls has a more prominent sweetness, a bit like honey. If I compare it to Lust, Lust is much more directly sexy, while Sikkim Girls is just more subtle about it.

Sikkim Girls by Lush 3.80 out of 5 based on 149 ratings and 27 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lush Sikkim Girls fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Lush Sikkim Girls, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sikkim Girls by Lush. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sikkim Girls by Lush represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.