Designers » L » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Vanillary Lush for women and men

Vanillary Lush for women and men
dislike

Vanillary Lush for women and men Pictures Vanillary Lush for women and men Pictures Vanillary Lush for women and men Pictures Vanillary Lush for women and men Pictures

This fragrance was made out of natural vanilla absolute, sweet and luscious wit warm notes of tonka bean and jasmine.

Available as 30 ml EDP. Vanillary was launched in 2009.

Jasmine Tonka Bean Vanille

Vanillary Fragrance Reviews

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Love it! Sweet creamy warm vanilla with a buttery accord that for some reason reminds me of cinnamon toast. I was looking for a nice vanilla to wear for my boyfriend and this definitely fits the bill! I love that the ingredients are natural, and that I don't have to commit to an enormous bottle. I didn't find it to be as much of a sillage bomb as some other reviewers; it was even a little on the weak side for me, but then again I only tested one spray. 2-3 would probably be perfect!

assbleeder
assbleeder

Vanillary is a super intoxicating vanilla bean pod fragrance that I would describe as "vanilla extract aphrodisiac". It is absolutely stunning, and it's not hard to see why it's a best seller. However, this thing is SO temperamental. It smells different every time I wear it. Some days it's the most beautiful vanilla scent with a baked cake vibe, sometimes it's rich and boozy, like the finest vanilla cognac--amazing. Beautiful. But the downside is, sometimes the jasmine really comes out in full force and unleashes its indolic wrath, which translates to cat pee at times. :( I'll continue to wear this, but I have to be really careful with it.

FOOEY!
I initially tried this in the store months ago and did not care for it.
Then I came here and saw so MANY great reviews that I thought I had really missed something.
So today I purchased the small purse sized bottle from LUSH ...... and all I get is Glade Vanilla Bathroom freshener!

I want my $21.99 back!

enjoythesilence
enjoythesilence

Vanillary's performance must be very dependent on body chemistry, because this is a nuclear-powered vanilla on my skin. I recommend testing before purchase in case you fall into this category.

Vanillary should be renamed 'Death by Vanilla.' It starts off as an innocent, sweet vanilla...but something sinister lurks just below the surface. It smells both delightful and disturbing - it makes me feel uneasy, even though I kind of like it. It must be the combination of jasmine and tonka which gives this a smothering feel at times. Vanillary has a tropical vibe (I personally don't find it gourmand, due to the strong jasmine presence on my skin - inedible!), yet it's overwhelming worn in the heat or humidity, unlike most tropical fragrances. What a peculiar beast! I recommend testing this away from your face, because if you hate this it's tenacious and very long-lasting. It will feel like a thick, fluffy cashmere scarf wrapped several times around your neck in 100F weather if your chemistry amplifies it as mine does! I can't stand it worn anywhere near my face, but I love it worn sparingly - spritzed just once behind the knees.

This vanilla catches your attention with her innocent, sweet smile. She then slams the door shut, sinks her claws in and doesn't let go until she's through with you. Maybe you'll survive...

Soundtrack: KMFDM - Liebeslied (Infringement mix)

terrance*michigan
terrance*michigan

Pure vanilla scent. I love it! I have the solid perfume. I dabbed it on once before heading out to the car and my brother thought it was horribly strong and rolled the windows right down...

artisy
artisy

This works best as an enhancer paired with other scents. It's mostly sweet in a vanilla frosting kind of way but there is a touch of white florals to my nose buried under all the sugar. It's sweet and sugary but not in a candy way. It is very much a baked good type of vanilla - supple and buttery and a little airy.

For pairing with other Lush products, I think it pairs well with Lust, Imogen Rose, Sikkim Girls, and Sun.

Konga5000

There is nothing special about this one...at all.
My favorite LUSH scent is Karma.
I really really really really really wish that LUSH would feature more than like 7 frags in the stores here in the USA. Dear God fix this! There are so many that I want to try!!!!!!! So many to possibly BUY as well. WTF is with like a million different OVER PRICED bath bombs in the stores ? Sheesh. Get with it LUSH. I want to like you more.

Lyndale

The initial opening of this is probably responsible for a lot of the negative comments, this isn't the sort of scent you want to apply just before walking out of the door. On first application, there is the slightly burnt note that others have mentioned. It comes across as slightly ureic, even, but it very quickly fades as the scent adapts to the body.
After half an hour, at most, it has warmed into a soft, rich, creamy vanilla. There is nothing thin, watery or artificial about it, like a good hug.
Vanillary is your favourite sweater, straight out of the drier on a cold morning, curling up with your lover, a good book and a soft cat, while it rains outside. It is the essence of warmth and security.

Fallstar
Fallstar

Buttery, warm vanilla cut by sweet-sharp jasmine and just a hint of something caramelized lurking beneath. There’s nothing synthetic or ‘vanilla essence-y’ about this scent.

Vanillary smells so delicious I’m half tempted to flick the tip of my tongue over the surface of the solid to see whether it tastes good. Looking at those flecks of natural vanilla it seems entirely possible. Rich, silky smooth and sensual, but not overpoweringly sweet, Vanillary is like a well-balanced dessert made by a talented pastry chef.

In the same way that I love crème brulée but wouldn’t want to eat one for breakfast, I think there’s a time and a place for Vanillary. I couldn’t wear it every day! But it certainly has its place amongst my greener, fresher or more floral favourites.

Lissa1991
Lissa1991

I really love vanilla scents, when the vanilla is well done - meaning, not overly sweet and cloying. And the vanilla in this is quite beautiful. However I have a big problem with the jasmine note in this. I find this mix of vanilla and jasmine quite nasty and unpleasant. It's actually the first perfume I smell that makes me want to throw up. It doesn't help that this smells quite strong and seems to last forever, being almost impossible to make it disappear. I was actually quite happy about the opening but then I was completely off put by this.

SwishingtonGrimble
SwishingtonGrimble

The more I use it the more I love it, like vanilla on toast. Buttered vanilla. It's tasty and I may have to stray from the solid and buy a bottle - that said, for a solid, it's fairly good.

SaraSeantae
SaraSeantae

Not too sweet and a true vanilla scent. There is a hint of a rubbery undertone but it isn't offensive. The floral note reads more like a lilly and I detect something almost like banana in it that drives me crazy. A daytime smell, warm like summer. It doesn't work well on everyone.

Longevity and silage are on the low side.

Inky Le Guin
Inky Le Guin

Buttery vanilla glory. A perfect spring scent or just anytime you want to smell delicious. Not really a gourmand, the jasmine is strong and makes it more sophisticated but it smells buttery and sweet with floral note. This is one of my favorite perfumes of all time. I wear it constantly and it could be a signature scent. It's simple but perfect as is, no need to layer it but you could certainly to help another scent that you felt needed a helping hand by the vanilla, Tonka Bean(swoon) and jasmine. I highly recommend this and I will not stop buying it as long as it is available. It is definitely a daily type perfume and one I just turn to constantly, a staple.

Nathalie xoxo
Nathalie xoxo

This is a heavy, burnt vanilla. It smells more like honey to me than vanilla. Like few others, the first spray smells like a men's public bathroom and not a clean one.
BUT, after about 2 or 3 hours, it becomes very pleasant, sweet, soft, creamy floral.
If you want to avoid the strong begining, spray your clothes the day before, it will smell good in the morning.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

Great vanilla scent with amazing 14 hour plus longevity. Also try Chopard Casmir for a wonderful unisex vanilla, as featured on the Fragrantica Bargain Fragrances series. These are similar, but different and although Casmir doesn't quite have the longevity of Vanillary, it only costs around £20 for 100ml. Both are a must in my collection:-)

TeeTeeRarr
TeeTeeRarr

This is one very weird vanilla perfume! If you want a pleasantly strange vanilla, try Vanillary. It slightly reminds me of Lush Twilight but with the lavender replaced by vanilla, amongst other things. I first tried their 2ml sample and I guess I didn't like it because I no longer had it but in the past few months, I've been on a vanilla binge and remembered it so I went to the store and tried it on. This time, I LOVE it! Got a bottle. It's unlike any other vanilla out there and it has amazing silage and longevity. You only need 1-2 sprays. I was worried that the florals would take over as they tend to do with other perfumes. Thankfully, Vanillary is all about the vanilla. Grown, sexy and quirky vanilla, not the sugary cotton candy mess infesting the market! It's totally unlike any niche or indie vanillas out there too. Vanillary is just different and occupies a space of its own, much to my pleasure :).

Cassiano
Cassiano

Vanillary was launched in 2009, as part of the line of fragrances called "Greatest Hits", which brought some creations of the former perfume’s division known as B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful.

It's a soothing and slightly sweet scent or, as we like to call in perfumery, "comfort scent". It has, in its composition, vanilla absolute, jasmine absolute, tonka bean, in addition to chemical compounds as Lilial − which has floral aspect of muguet − and Benzyl Cinnamate, which reinforces the floral-sweet nuances of the fragrance.

This perfume had some faces: an oval bottle with golden cap, bottles with label and box printed with stripes in pink, etc. that made it, visually, too feminine. With the approach of a more diverse audience, it was necessary to change the face of the product. My bottle (10 ml) is part of the former visual identity, when the perfumes came in black bottles and in 3 formats: 30 ml, with 20% of essence (parfum); 10 ml, with 15% of essence (the boundary between EDP and Parfum) and solid perfume, with 10% of essence. Currently, the bottle brings a yellow label with vanilla-orchids printed.

On the skin, the result is tasty. I used this word, because the smell of this fragrance stimulates our taste buds, which means, it's a gourmand fragrance.
In Vanillary, the jasmine absolute opens space for the vanilla absolute, letting this one shine as the big star. But the jasmine is present all the time in the background, as the clouds and the sky that make up a painting and no one cares. However, without them, the artwork loses meaning.

The vanilla in this fragrance is not liqueur or smell like the essence used in cooking, with that synthetic aspect, which is widely used in perfumery. Here, the absolute is rich and was mixed with tonka bean, resulting in an aroma of crème brûlée, with its caramel burnt. Therefore, many people feel a smoky vanilla, like cookies baking in the oven. In my case, as a descendant of the Portuguese, the first memory that came to my mind were the Pastéis de Belém, when they come warm at the table. I really enjoyed!

Vanillary is super shareable and lasts for many hours (more than 12, without losing power). However, as the company's perfumes are always very strong, it is wise to have caution in application, especially if it is not cold. Otherwise, the comforting aspect will turn into a very cloying fragrance.

Libran

There is no getting away from the fact that this a love or hate fragrance. I have a passion for anything vanilla and coconut and this fits the bill for me. Vanillary is not subtle or delicate in any way, it is brash and in your face. There is no coconut in the ingredients but it somehow has that hot suntan lotion aroma as well. I only use one spritz in my cleavage and that is enough and it lasts for hours, I can still smell it on my clothes when I do the laundry. If you want delicate and ethereal, do not buy it, if you like full on, sexy raw vanilla with that come hither "waft" this is for you.

Museumgal
Museumgal

I should adore this one looking at the notes, so each time I'm in Lush I try it and I'm always disappointed. The distinctive Lush base shows up strongly in it and clashes with the notes, and really bothers me. Usually I like Lush but this one just doesn't work for me. In the dry down the vanilla is lovely, but it takes too long to get there for me. Lasts 6 hours, moderate sillage.

QueenieBee
QueenieBee

Eh, this was okay. Not great, not awful. Just okay. I used the solid because I'm allergic to synthetic vanilla and wasn't going to pay a bunch of money on the bottle in case they sneaked it in there. There's always that ominous "fragrance" in black letters on the ingredients list....

Anyway, it was pretty singular to my nose. There was something sublte in there I didn't quite like (probably the jasmine?) so I ended up giving it and the dusting powder to a friend.

I really like gourmand or foodie scents, with the exception of things using synthetic vanilla (which, sadly, is the MAJORITY of them) but this was not giving me a food vibe.

Weird little product.

june7rose
june7rose

A very floral jasmine vanilla, that smells like a slightly torched creme brulee at first. A very simple scent with only 3 notes.

I'm glad it doesn't have that Lush-patchouli-headshop vibe. I'm not sure what so many people are complaining about. It smells like vanilla, it's relatively inexpensive, and it lasts longer than most vanillas.

Yes, it smells a little bit cheap, but what are you expecting? They don't serve filet mignon at McDonald's, and this isn't going to smell like Diptyque. Personally I like it, it's what it is supposed to be.

falstaffiv
falstaffiv

This is wonderful vanilla based perfume.

Vanilla absolute is present in the highest concentration and it is all natural, as everything from Lush.
So, they use a Fair Trade vanilla, grown by the farmers in western Uganda, and therefore it does really smell like whole vanilla pod. This is supported by tonka bean, that gives that comfy, warm, caramel feel, just slightly woody, but really balmy and gourmand like, which results as this vanilla goes a little on darker side.

Jasmin is also nicely combined. It gives a floral touch and sense of freshness to whole composition.

You must be sure to test it on the skin, because the perfume develops on the warmth of the skin. Feel free to rub it in.

This fragrance is beautifully developed in the spring, it is not difficult for the summer, but to me, does not suit for the winter.

Very calming...
Review done for EDP 30 ml bottle same as this one above.

Scarlet39
Scarlet39

I love the philosophy of Lush, products free of any animal cruelty, so therefore allready thumbs up! A side from that I really like this perfume. The vanilla is creamy, not powdery, and the jasmine comes popping out and completes the lovely vanilla smell. Its strong but not loud. This scent makes me feel happy and comfortable.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I have a total love hate relationship with this perfume, I love it, I hate it, I'm over it, I love it!

This is the kind of fragrance that you grow to appreciate over time and then fall in love with, while still not sure if you love it or hate it kind of way. It's very different, unique, very creamy and very interesting.
I have to say this is the only perfume I own, and ever owned that has the ability to stay on my skin for over 8 hours, and I own a lot of niche perfumes and even Montales fly off my skin within an hour, but this on stays and stays and stays, wow.

This is by far the best vanilla oriented perfume that I've ever tried, and I've tried A LOT of them, Guerlain and all, and nothing impressed me with it's uniqueness and staying power like this one. I also think, this beauty will be perfect for layering, if you get a bit bored with vanilla by it self.
It doesn't cost much, but quality is incredible.

Daniela_Beatriz
Daniela_Beatriz

I have a lot of mixed feelings towards this scent. It is fluffy powdery vanilla, but I can understand that it can be very overwhelming and annoying. I usually layer it with something else, just to give it depth, usually I spray it before I put my clothes on and it seem to works pretty well that way.

It lasts forever and you do have to like vanilla a lot.

DonnyOsmond
DonnyOsmond

Sprayed this on myself in the store and I can still smell it a few hours later, I absolutely love it (vanilla and caramel with jasmine is a genius combination) but $40 is just too much. This is a $15 cologne imo.

I tried on the solid perfume too which is only $10, but the silage and longtivity is non-existent.

EDIT: Ended up back in Lush and found out they sell it in 10mL bottles for... wait for it... $15! Can I call 'em or what? I think the 10mL is the better way to go anyways, it's a very strong perfume so you'll only need a small amount (when I first tried it on in the store my jacket smelled of it for about a week, and I only did a couple spritzes).

I bought it with the vanilla body powder, they go together beautifully.

glittergalz
glittergalz

I have this in the stick and its great to keep in your purse. It's one of my favorite scents and I've bought it several times now. It's not extremely long lasting but a nice scent that makes me feel happy

oktober
oktober

I always wear this perfume with pleasure, it's so warm and natural-smelling.

I have both the solid and the spray. Honestly... I tend to like more the solid one. It has a wonderful beeswax undertone which I like. You have to really rub your wrists to bring out all the notes though, don't just apply it and leave it there. It actually writes on the stick that you should rub it in well.

If you use the spray, don;t put on more than 1 spray, it's very strong. And anyway, I guarantee you'll enjoy it more in a lighter dose.

craftyminx
craftyminx

There are dozens of just-vanilla scents at this price point, and Vanillary does nothing to stand out. I was hoping for a drier, less candy vanilla, but instead I got something that smells like cake icing scented body spray. So glad I was able to sample, because if I'd bought this blind, it's have been upset.

bora8413
bora8413

"VANILLA GLUE STICK"
Personally, I dislike the stick version of this fragrance.

In the store, it's the worst place to smell and pick out your Lush perfume since the other fragrances of the bubble bars and bath bombs are causing your mind to go crazy and fixate on multiple things at once. This vanilla... at first, I LOVED it. But then I started to get bored of it, and then it turned into a hideous glue stick on my wrists by the end of the day that no one appreciated whatsoever.

The liquid most probably will differ not by less from the stick formula, but for me? This is not a good fragrance. Maybe when layered under another vanilla fragrance, it'll smell sweeter and a bit less bitter, but for now, it simply smells like spoilt vanilla icing that's been re-manufactured multiple times or something.

Bitter.
Glue stick.
Dislike.

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

This perfume reminds me of.... NO other perfume. I am so fortunate this Vanillary loves my body chemistry. No "urine" note other's experience as per their reviews. Not nauseating like many vanillas are to me. It is both fresh and deep with smooth, buttery edges. Never cloying with excellent staying power.

llburris
llburris

I am SO glad I do not get the urine smell in the beginning......or at all! All I get is delicious vanilla. I honestly think, with the right chemistry obviously, this is the best vanilla I have tried. TRUE vanilla. As intelligent humans, however, you should probably test this before buying. I don't know anyone who wants to smell like pee.....ever!

siberian green
siberian green

i would love this scent if it didn't smell like strong pee for the first ten minutes. like straight up pee. nothing else.

blondielockes
blondielockes

Absolutely disgusting! I got a spray pen of this for my friend for her birthday and thankfully she liked it, but when she put some on I had to stand ten feet away from her until first period ended. To me it's a mixture of vanilla and bitter farts and this is not an exaggeration! It gave me an awful headache that lasted for an hour and a half and I almost threw up. LUSH is hit or miss with me with their perfumes (mostly miss) but this one is definitely my most hated.

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

There's a slight wee note but still it's gorgeous. I only use it when layering. It's great with lush's Karma, but I'm currently layering with Boucheron Jaipur pour homme. Divine. I don't do florals so tend to wear men's scents. To me this vanilla is not overly sweet. It's delicious.

MoonSparrow
MoonSparrow

NO no no no NO! I accidentally bought Vanillary at a LUSH store thinking I was buying Lust (didn't have my glasses on). Vanillary is an astonishingly hideous vanilla icing scent. I love every other scent by LUSH except this, and I HATE this. It is cloying, sickening, obnoxious; AND I detect nothing floral whatsoever. Jasmine, really? Where? Seriously, this is like a vanilla cupcake topped with cheap Betty Crocker vanilla icing topped by double vanilla ice cream. With a glass of vanilla milk to wash it down. I do not understand why anyone would wish to smell like this, or how anyone who smelled it on another person could possibly find it appealing. I don't mind vanilla in small doses mixed with something else to cut the sweet, but I do not want to smell like a gourmet candy shop. Not sexy, not cute, not fun, not anything but nauseating to me.

meriselitys
meriselitys

I adore this! I have this as solid version. Smells so soft and feminine. Jasmine is lovely in this.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

It opens so deep, and creamy like vanilla bean paste.

In the heart, you get this gorgeous jasmine absolute - the exact same one as Lush Lust, but it comes and goes and it's not in-your-face and not at all plasticy. This jasmine is the real deal, like jasmine bushes growing outside your window.

The dry down is warm vanilla with a light orchid-ish powdery coconut scent. It's been over 10 hours, and in the middle of it, I went and sampled about 10 different frags at Sephora, and I can STILL smell the Vanillary faintly. I really love this one.

alittlebrittle
alittlebrittle

I don't like LUSH products. Overrated, and The Body Shop did what they constantly brag about doing, 30 years ago. Simon and Mark Constantine do NOT have perfumer's noses, everything has that same plastic jasmine/patchouli/dirty vanilla smell, their products are overpriced, and their company practices don't match their credo: I had to spend 10.00 to return a 12.00 product by shipping it back to CANADA, when there was a LUSH store 15 miles from me (I truly HATE shopping, so I usually buy online whenever possible). I called customer service to inform them that, aside from my being fairly upset about the shipping cost of my return, all of the fossil fuel being used to ship a little bottle all the way back to Canada was contradictory to their constant GREEN statements that cover every bit of packaging. No one seemed to care.

LUSH has also jumped on the same sourcing bandwagon that Starbucks et al have ridden for years, claiming their altruistic 'support' of downtrodden communities--always in third-world countries--when in reality, the ingredients they're referring to are sourced from these places because the labor is cheap, as is the product. If you really want to impress me, spend some of your big money locally; help is needed right where your product is sold.

For example, Anita Roddick, the woman who founded The Body Shop, and with whom I had the unforgettable pleasure of working closely for years, over 20 years ago, actually had a glycerin soap manufacturing plant built in an extremely impoverished town in Scotland. She could have outsourced TBS product to places like Thailand, where, sadly much of their now inferior product is currently produced, but instead, she saved a town and its people from crushing poverty and unemployment...in the very country that also supported sales of her product. The balance of a business giving and receiving was never better demonstrated. She was a true pioneer--way before 'sustainable' or 'sourcing' became advertising ploys. It's unfortunate that the Constantines, whom Anita hired in the 70s to formulate many of her natural-based products, used her ideas but left out her ideals.

I have to add that Anita wasn't perfect, but she certainly wasn't stupid. She knew that there was no way to please everyone all the time, and she didn't try. The Body Shop used a lot of (GASP!) plastic. Because it's no big secret that it works to contain product and keep costs low. She would've laughed herself inside-out at the foolishness of LUSH's 'GREEN' attempts (does anyone else rue the day 'green' became a VERB?) in the guise of CARDBOARD perfume bottles (um. Alcohol and paper don't mix) and melt-prone product SOLIDS AND BARS THAT ARRIVE WRAPPED IN A PIECE OF CELLOPHANE IN JULY. What's next, LUSH? Liquid soap in an envelope? How about utilising dried mud as packaging? Don't think they haven't thought of it, guys. Leaving the consumer with the responsibility of locating their own packaging for a melting bar of something that ends up mostly under one's fingernails, so they can feel as if they're being environmentally AWARE, is ridiculous, a little desperate, and cringingly SMUG.

And honestly, I don't care if cool guy Todd with his beard and pomaded hair made my product and when; I don't want or need a sticker of him staring at me in the shower. For that matter, I don't need cutesy vaguely sexual instructions on my use of their shower gel. Not surprising considering the cartoonish age of ME, and 'the more unrefined the more fun you are!' times we are experiencing, but...

PUH-LEEZE. I'm past middle-age, take me and my money seriously.

In a nutshell, stop the 'natural' and charitable malarky, and give us a quality , reasonably-priced product that works, LUSH, and maybe consider the fact that not all of us are teen or 20-somethings who want to be bombarded in your shop, or called 'LUSHIES', for God's sake. We all like discovering good products from good companies that do good things, and we deserve it for our dollar, whether or not we provide you with free advertising by way of feverishly hyper-tweeting or Instacramming our latest soap or lotion experience. Fun is great, I love 'fun'; inferior product and self-stroking, money-grubbing CEOs pitching the same old lines to sell over-priced hype is not fun.

chrisndema
chrisndema

annoyingly nice

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

I only like 2 Lush products, Vanillary and New solid shampoo, I am not generally impressed by the stuff in Lush. However, I do own both the solid stick and the spray of Vanillary, it is the best vanilla out there IMO. On me this smells of pure vanilla, not sweet fake vanilla, fresh from the pod vanilla. I appreciate that Lush uses both Vanilla and Jasmine absolutes in this perfume, though it is nowhere near a "natural" perfume (Lush toots the natural horn too loud if you ask me, as they use plenty of synthetics, SLS, and preservatives in their products). Vanillary perfume it is extreamly enjoyable and would be fine for a work situation if not bathed in. I get mostly pure vanilla, fresh from the bean and a bit of jasmine, though not much, it is pretty linear through the whole day, and it does last quite a long time (5 hours or so). All in all, extreamly enjoyable if you are looking for a real vanilla bean scent, if you want the sweetie vanillas there are tons of perfumes out there that will fit the bill but you will probably not like Vanillary.

Sillage: 3/5 fairly close to the body
Longevity: 4/5 I get at least 5 hours out of it
Overall: I Love it!! 9/10 :0)

STINK.STANK.STUNK

Vanilla is my favorite note and I collect niche fragrances with this note.

Vanillary is a mess! It smells like chemicals mixed with rotting Jasmine and
Yogurt with a touch of burning suntan lotion.

IMO most things by Lush are overpriced and overrated.

The packaging is hideous and the perfume bottles peel black flecks all over your hands.

The store is noisy with sales reps rushing at you and getting in your face.

Vanillary stinks....

pravda48
pravda48

This is a very natural vanilla sugar + dry grated coconut scent on me. Very beautiful, edible even, but too simple for me. Plus I already have plenty of vanilla scents.

P.S. Interesting that some of us seem to get latte, or coconut, etc vs pure vanilla/jasmine. The jasmine type must be my 'coconut' hint. It is undeniably delectable.

kingdanny4754
kingdanny4754

Smells really good better than sdv and pi to me. Very sexy stuff and the price is great. I get a lot of caramel,coffee, and floras. Smell like a mocha latte.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Others have compared this to Dior Addict but unfortunately Vanillary doesn't compare. Vanillary isn't an entrancing, bewitching parfum like DA.

Vanilla is, however, a buttery, comforting, fresh vanilla. It's a very "Lush" treatment of vanilla. It's something you can imagine soaking in at bath time. Pretty good bang for your buck even if the sillage and lasting power leave something to be desired.

Jenavira
Jenavira

Sometimes you need a big somewhat bombastic vanilla but it better be interesting and Lush does this with Vanillary.

Vanillary is big vanilla with a rich brown sugar note running through it with a generous dollop of seaside salty lilies in it also. Lush lists jasmine but don't be fooled it is lilies; lilies akin to Serge Luten's Un Lys but imagine that the vanilla got to take over and these lilies were a bit salt crusted on those petals. It has a wonderful coastal cool feeling to it due to that cool lily note that reminds me bizarrely of the mountainous craggy coast of the Pacific Northwest. It is sea salt skin and hair, smoke from a campfire or bonfire, lilies gathered, and someone randomly pouring vanilla extract.

Antares811
Antares811

I love the stick version: a gorgeous, sweet, warm vanilla.

Thatkid
Thatkid

Just Fucking WEIRD.

When I first smelled this, I couldn't even figure out what it smelled like. I still don't pick Vanilla out of it, but that IS what happens when you fuck a great scent up.

I spray this on my wrist sometime when I go into Lush because I cannot believe my memory could be so that it's so terrible.

Eos
Eos

Review of the EDT.
This smells exactly like the notes listed: vanilla, tonka and jasmine. To my nose and my sensibilities it is sort of a stripped down version of Dior Addict. Sort of the olfactory equivalent of a comfy beige fine knit lambs wool sweater. Simple but lovely.

demonicpretty
demonicpretty

I got this when it was first launched, because I was already a big fan of Lush's vanilla bean scent line. The vanilla is lovely, and the tonka bean note is intoxicating and sexy. This perfume definitely delivered, but it turned out to be a little bit different. A note of jasmine was added to the heavy gourmand blend, but I'm not always sure if it works. It adds some interest and balances the fragrance so it's not too foody, but sometimes the jasmine feels a bit strange and out of place. Oddly enough, I have had someone tell me this smells a bit alcoholic, like beer. Although I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this one, I just can't ever forget about it. This scent is very powerful and long lasting!

FairyDust
FairyDust

Gorgeous!!! The best vanilla of them all, imho. The only vanilla perfume that I have that DOESN'T smell like every other vanilla perfume I have. Just because there are only 3 ingredients in this, don't let your brain jump over your nose. This is one to be experienced and savored. Nothing compares. The solid doesn't hold a candle to the liquid, however. This is a must for any vanilla lover. Love it.

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

I know this is naughty but this is pornographic vanilla. I have a love hate relationship with the solid version but I am just the girl (when it comes to vanilla) who can't say no.

ohrite
ohrite

Sorry but this is the worst perfume I've ever smelled on myself! It was a blind purchase and I was so sure I was gonna love it, but nooooo.
I think it is the jasmine I have to blame for it. Jasmine does NOT suit me well at all. This perfume is crazy strong and heavy, but I guess that's a good thing. At least for those of you who love this :)

rosembloom
rosembloom

I own the solid version and find it very delicate yet envelopping. Reading these reviews I will try the spray. I personally love the toka bean richness of this pod-like vanilla. Since my skin basically drinks up my scents, this should fit the bill!

Shwets
Shwets

Can anybody compare the 30ml vs 10ml sized fragrance -the smaller 'spritzers' are supposed to be less concentrated.

I first tried Vanillary when it first came out in the original bottle and bought it. Later i had to return due to severe migraine. The same was for the perfume solid.

Now i can tolerate it! The formula - so far i can speak about the solid is, weaker and there is far less jasmine. It is so cosy and comforting i love it!
Whats strange is that even after having gone off vanilla perfumes this is one i am okay with. Hmmm smokey cosy dark vanilla that settles to a creamy frothy vanilla scent.

I purchased the solid and now wish it was stronger (cant win!). Im now looking forward to trying the spray versions in both the 10 and 30ml to see if the formula(s) are tolerable.

Marie C Sim
Marie C Sim

Just like Lenabel: I adore vanilla scents. This one, oh la la. Blind bought it and terribly regret it .... not a vanilla scent at all.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

If you love the REAL scent of Vanilla, like vanilla pods - not cheap synthetic scents, this is for you!

When first sprayed it's a bit odd, but after a few minutes the warmth of the true vanilla comes through. There's fair trade vanilla absolute in this and it smells amazing.

It's like a big warm hug in winter :)

AveParfum
AveParfum

Bought this without sampling first as I am trying to get into perfumery that is as natural as possible, and my boyfriend seems to love vanilla on me. This is going to become a fast favorite for both of us. The vanilla upon opening smells so rich and creamy that it almost seems like coconut, but I don't actually think I smell coconut here. I am not a fan of coconut in my perfume anyway. Not long after the vanilla, a beautiful and pure jasmine comes out. Together the combo is divine. I'm not certain that this is 100% natural perfume...but if it is I would be incredibly impressed.

I love how it is not synthetic, cupcake, immature vanilla, but as natural and creamy a vanilla as you could ever hope to find. It's a gourmand vanilla, but at the same time the jasmine prevents it from becoming a big fat slice of cake with frosting that you would want to eat--it's too natural and even pristine in a way to be cloying. I'm so glad I bought it!

matereac9
matereac9

initial smell, not nice. give it half an hour to warm up to you, or better yet, layer it over vanilla puff powder, and it is beautiful. like a lighter, sweeter, more powdery version of the body shop vanilla EDT. lasts for hours and hours. scent surrounds you but not in a heavy cloud. my niece says it smells like a fairy(eh?)

anya1976
anya1976

I have the old solid (which I like better than the new solid), the new solid and a mini spray. I love this scent. This is one of my fave casual everyday hanging out scents. I love vanilla and I love jasmine. It did take me a little bit to get used to at first but now this is one of my fave comfort perfumes.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

My daughter wears this and it smells rather nice as she wafts by in a cloud of powdery tonka charged jasminess (is that even a word?). So, knowing that there's a slug of this in some of those crowd pleasing ruthlessly vulgar bath thingummyjigs, I thought, well... why not? and gave it a go.
Big Mistake. Me. Stripped, dipped in "I can't believe it's not butter with added lard" and pegged out in the remorselessly hot sun to macerate. Once, by chance, I got one of those packs of mozzarella, which are pumped up with a protective atmosphere to stop it going off. Only it wasn't, and it did, and exploded in my fridge. The rancid, greasy hum which clung to every molecule in the kitchen took weeks to dissipate. Sorry, this stuff does the same thing. And tastes totally crap on a pizza. If you want vanilla, get thee straight to Il Profvmo for their vanille boubon, it's soft, sweet and delicious in the way that only the best French Patisserie could possibly be. Yummy.

Kaylan
Kaylan

I was so surprised at the reviews, this is one of the most delicious smelling vanillas I have ever experienced. I like that it also has floral and isn't just vanilla. It satisfies my holiday time craving for warm, comforting scents. It always smells like vanilla but changes back and forth from vanilla jasmine to vanilla ice cream. Haters gon' hate!

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

VS Cashmere Vanilla Jasmine resurrected? Vanillary is a simple and comforting mix of vanilla and jasmine. Sweet, powdery without being overwhelming. A perfect bedtime fragrance.

molson316
molson316

I should have known... It started out a smooth and refined vanilla without the overpowering buttery synthetic note that so many vanilla's strive for. But then the base takes over. The warm and smooth vanilla top note fades and the crass domineering jasmine jumps to the front of the line. I was hoping for more vanilla & a lot less jasmine. Since I'm looking for a genuine vanilla to layer with some of my other fragrances I think I'll have to pass. I should have known (thanks to Fragrantica) the simple equation...
Me + anything jasmine = disappointment.

violetbat
violetbat

Having read all the reviews here I went off and tested some of this at the local store. The immediate blast was very nice, I could smell the vanila and I had high hopes. So off I wandered round town to see how it would settle. After about an hour I sniffed my wrist and couldn't believe how revolting it smelled. The vanila had gone, there was no sweetness, honestly it was like a mixture of urine and chemical cleaner. It is the only perfume I have EVER had to go and wash off. Luckily it cleaned off quickly.
I don't understand what happened. But a very similar thing happened after I tested Sikkim girls. There must be something in my skin chemistry that turns certain oils rancid!

carmillajeddah
carmillajeddah

Exactly as somebody said, it's gross but addictive. I had it, and loved the fact it smells like caramel and some jasmine. It's nice, but really intense, so be careful when applying it.
And it's true, sometimes in the flacon it turns a bit like rotten pineapple. I know it because I worked one year for them, long time ago, and everybody wanted to try the fragrance, me too. It doesn't happens if you get the solid version, though.

raw umber
raw umber

Vanillary is a combination of creamy slightly salty vanilla and potent jasmine fragrance oil. To me, it is equal parts jasmine and vanilla, with the tonka really emerging in the dry down. It's slightly gross and kind of addictive. It's right on the cusp of something that leaves you wanting more of it...and MORE OF IT.
The overall effect is beachy, strong, but not too sweet. I applied it very lightly and my boyfriend sniffed my neck, asked what I was wearing (which he doesn't do too often), and said I smelled very nice.

I bought a jasmine scented "anointing oil" called Moon Goddess at a health food store and the rendition of jasmine in that product is very similar to Vanillary. It's not a jasmine tea or indolic jasmine, but more of a soapy sweet aromatic silhouette of a true jasmine. It's quite bold but all of the edges are rounded. It works perfectly with the vanilla/tonka.

Because this scent is so specific, I would save it for when I wanted to make associations: a vacation trip or an outdoor summer party. Longevity and projection are slightly above average. I could see it being nightmarish if over-sprayed, but like, just don't do that and you'll be fine unless you completely hate it already. Okay?

Update:
When I apply it directly to my arm instead of holding the sprayer way back from my skin, the scent takes on a sour quality which is a little like pineapple. This sinus-searing acidity occurs only some of the time, but I am not sure what to attribute it to. Regardless of what causes it, I am now completely appreciative of why people say the strength of Vanillary commands respect. Don't overdo it, or else..

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

My absolute favorite vanilla fragrance, nothing beats it. Vanillary is also my favorite fragrance in the house of Lush.

Perhaps it's the tonka bean, but I have smelled a lot of vanilla perfumes, and this one is rich and decadent without being TOO sweet. I will add this: I'm wearing it today, and my husband just told me I smelled like beer. It's one of those things I can't unsmell now! I love the smell of beer, though. It's still lovely vanilla, but with that bit of yeast/hops beer scent. This could be purely idiosyncratic with my chemistry, but I'm putting it out there.

Drake.Shannon
Drake.Shannon

Can I just insert a GIF of the teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day off?

....bueller......bueller....bueller....

Just like the teacher vanillary is flat and monotone. It reminds me of a vanilla body spray one would buy as a pre-teen or a cheap scented play-doh.

...bueller...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I've smelled a number of variations upon a vanilla scent, and this is yet another: CRASS vanilla. Or NASTY VANILLA. Or even THE VANILLA FROM HELL.

But it fits in well with the Lush house aesthetic. (This is not an endorsement.)

Awful stuff. I don't think I'd even spray this on my worst enemy. There would be too much danger of his slugging me in response, and then I might get some transferred onto my clothing, or, worse, body.

Momo2836
Momo2836

I have the stick and it def does contain real black vanilla seeds. It's so comforting but doesn't evolve - 1st whiff is what I keep getting. Lovely scent but a bit 1 dimensional. Would get boring v quickly. Very strong in a pleasant way, so EDP must be v OTT

valarian
valarian

I've owned Vanillary for about a year now and waited until I finished my bottle to write my review.

Firstly I LOVE SWEET Gourmands especially over the top ones that last and project. Vanillary does that in spades. I expect for those reasons alone this perfume illicit's all sorts of moans and groans from the more refined lobby lol!

I also pick up an underlying saltiness maybe its the Jasmine but it is rather delicious and addictive. For me it is the best part. Anyone liking a resin-y, saltiness to a loud sweet vanilla should try this one. If you have ever eaten caramel and salt together it is along similar lines, a marriage made in heaven.

This is loud, hugely sweet and for the main raw and unrefined but boy it's addictive. I only wear it when I'm on my own, I do respect it's power and understand that not everyone shares my love of it's sheer unadulterated vulgarity!

I will be purchasing another bottle for those cosy nights in when nothing else quite hits the spot like Vanillary!

freddinos
freddinos

This is not good:( The vanilla here is literally drowned by tonka beans and I swear I also detect ylang ylang and coconut, even though they are not listed. Funny thing is, all these notes are among my very favorites, and yet this perfume is a true scrubber for my nose. Not light and comforting, but quirky and strange, as other reviewers said. Reminded me of a blend between Guerlain's Vanille Ylang with White Musk from The Body Shop and cheap coconut-vanilla car freshener. Made me nauseus and even washing it off didnt remove the smell. I tried both the perfume and the dry form, one on each wrist, and they smelled almost the same, the dry perfume being a bit less strong. Sorry fans, each to his/her own I guess:(

Libran

This is a very sweet fragrance and needs to be applied with a light hand! I personally love vanilla and find this quirky fragrance rather special. It is not a shy vanilla and has a very creamy undertone, not unlike Avon's Far Away Exotic. Very long lasting and an acquired taste. I don't detect much jasmine. It is what I consider a "typical" Lush perfume and my favourite from their collection.

thatsperf
thatsperf

Too sweet, rather sickly...and I'm a fan of vanilla! :(

Slain
Slain

As with all of Lush's Gorilla Perfume range, they either mix with you or they don't. Each smell is so drastically different on person to person. So try before you buy, trust me,

Thankfully this smells very good upon my skin. Mellows out to be a very warm, rich and distinctly vanilla that lasts for quite a while.

lcommisso
lcommisso

This is a great everyday fragrance who wants a "real" vanilla with a twist. I love the entire line and used pretty much the whole bottle (which is rare for me). It is one of their better ones, because as much as I love Lush, some of their stuff just comes off smelling weird.

TeddiesGirl
TeddiesGirl

I loved this at first, but something about it is a little off and overpowering. It smells a LOT like Mariah Carey's Vision of Love.

fighter
fighter

I love vanilla BUT, this fragrance is a little bit weird.

It's not your sweet comfortable sugary vanilla, but it has something like a wild vanilla essence. I also do think that the Jasmine comes into a too strong combination. Then we have the Tonka Bean which stabilize everything giving the fragrance a pleasant caramel base scent.

I do not love this but I like to wear it, sometimes.

Guest_klopgovorun
Guest_klopgovorun

This fragrance is my latest obsession.

The addictive tonka bean... mmmm, the depth and texture of the sensual jasmine, the warmth of vanilla... irresistible, playful and cozy! Vanillary is sweet, but sultry, full of vitality, yet soothingly balmy... it's supple, warm, spicy, smoky, sweet, complex and simple. A beauty full of contradictions --just the way I like it. ;)) It melts beautifully into my skin...

Wish it lasted EVEN longer, as I keep obsessively spraying it on my skin, hair and clothes so that this deliciously warm smoky cloud is always around me. My husband loves it too. :)

nightcat23
nightcat23

This scent starts off so synthetic and strange smelling, but once it's dried it becomes a buttery warm vanilla like some wonderful dessert, very delicious and yummy. Finally it ends up like a sweet powdery vanilla like light dusting sugar. This is a nice foody vanilla.

I'm a real fan of vanilla scents and there are so many different ones out there, some better than others. But give this one a chance to settle with your body chemistry before deciding.

tyrone.d.sowden
tyrone.d.sowden

I really like this fragrance I love most of the lush fragrances I have the solid version and it smells incredible really strong and get many good compliments It also moisturises my skin it lasts all day and I've been using the solid version for a month now and I've still got loads left great value for money and an amazing fragrance

zenbabylove

Reminds me of burnt suntan lotion and cocoa butter (I'm speaking of the solid fragrance) maybe it's just the batch I got,but it smells a bit off...I do like it but I think I will try the perfume next! I'd like it a little sweeter with more of a pronounced vanilla note,but that's just my nose!

rainydays293
rainydays293

The spray is quite nice, a bit too sweet though. Almost sickly.

I love the solid perfume though. It's a lovely, moisturizing, subtle, addition to the day.

suesue
suesue

I really like this perfume - but sadly I always get an allergic reaction when i use it... :( and on my clothes it doesn't develop the delicious notes that i get when i wear it on my skin... Sad.

Nancy Lynn
Nancy Lynn

I don't usually like vanilla scents as they often smell too foody, like cookies or something juvenile. This has a very pleasant sweetness to it without being too tooth-achingly sweet. This is a vanilla "perfume" and not a "cooking" vanilla smell. I do like it and I like it more for layering with other frags, it's perfect for that.

mayita23231
mayita23231

It smells like the dolls i had when i was a child. Not very sweet but soft and confortable. I like it so much, it's perfect for winter time and it's very long lasting. My boyfriend says it smells coconut. For me this is a very special fragance, not the tipical vanilla fragance, this has something special

Galya
Galya

finally I bought the stick of this perfume and I have to say that I'm in total love with it! it's nice and natural vanilla with jasmine and something incredible edible and sweet.I see a lot of black pieces there ,in composition of natural vanilla as in ice cream :) I think I must to bye another 2 bottles of liquid perfumes till there is in selling cos I'm afraid that it's really discontinued (as said one girl-consultant :((() .
will be so pitty ,cos it's such good quality 's and price's perfume (I'm sure that Lush had discontinued a lot of their perfumes cos it's so expensive to made it for to sell with such low price, I think. but maybe it's better to make raise prices for their product if it is so??).

laurarainbow
laurarainbow

As a lover of vanilla/gourmand type scents, when I had a chance to buy this perfume online at a bargain price I took the plunge and bought it before I had ever given it a sniff. The reviews I had read coupled with the name of the perfume left me confident that it would be a fragrance I would enjoy. However, when I received the bottle and tried it for the first time, it was not at all as I was expecting... much sharper, with an almost sour undertone, far from the sweet cupcake scent I was expecting. Needless to say, I was less than impressed and the bottle sat at the back of my cupboard for several months. That was until a few weeks ago when I decided to dig it back out again, and give it one more try... and I have worn it most days since! I now believe that my initial impression of the perfume was clouded by my hopes and expectations of a sugary-sweet, bakery type fragrance - which this certainly is not. But now I have come to appreciate it for what it is - a dark, almost mysterious vanilla, with some floral and smoky tones in there too.

Overall, I am very glad I gave Vanillary another go, and although it is not the perfume I was expecting it to be, it is a gorgeous fragrance in its own way. When I wear it on a night out, I am always pleased to catch little whiffs of it right into the next day until I have a shower. This one has really grown on me - I think I've found my autumn/winter fragrance for this year!

holychristy
holychristy

I'm such a whore for Lush scents, but when they have a scent I like, I GO CRAZY FOR IT! It is vanilla, but I wouldn't describe it as gourmand. It has a powdery and maybe floral background. It's the only vanilla scent that I would actually wear as a perfume. If you spray some on your coat, or other clothing, it lasts forever!

Vanillary by Lush (Gorilla Perfumes), is as the name implies, a straight-up vanilla scent.

I wore Vanillary to a small, friendly gathering last night, and was most amazed by my male companion's ability to detect the vanilla accord. "You're wearing vanilla!", they would exclaim, and I in turn would giggle and tell them that it's called Vanillary, also pointing out to them that it is inexpensive, just in case they were interested in buying it for their girlfriends.

It's a sure crowd-pleaser and rather versatile. The vanilla accord is sweet, but not nauseatingly so. I agree that it does smell a little bit like marshmallows at times, but that doesn't put me off.

Honestly, I don't smell a lot of jasmine in this fragrance. Vanillary is more of a gourmand than a white floral. The dominant vanilla accord starts off light and fluffy in the opening, however by the drydown it smells warm and toasty on the skin. The scent itself is rather thick, and could possibly become cloying if over-applied.

All these Lush scents really 'pack a punch' in regards to sillage and longevity. Even the store itself is strongly scented, so much so that I could locate a Lush store with a blindfold secured tightly over my eyes.

If sweet, gooey vanilla scents make you feel all giddy and happy inside, I highly recommend that you try Lush Vanillary. It's available in all Lush stores as a 30ml bottle, 10ml travel spray and solid perfume.

andrelegnani
andrelegnani

this is soooo very strong.
It's really good vanilla.
Very smoky, has some incense to it..some clove..some cinnamon..I don't know.
I can only wear this when I'm in the mood, otherwise it's too cloying.
I was expecting a little bit more of a sugary, caramel vanilla. It's nothing like that.
But it's a nice add to your collection if you love vanilla.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

super vanilla all the way, it engulfs all the other notes on its zoom out of the nozzle. I love it! Warning: not for those who do not like intense, in your face sweet, smoky vanilla. I am pretty sure at this intensity, it can cause migraines but not for me, thankfully! All I get is comforting bliss out of this bottle of pure happiness. This is my first Gorilla/Lush fragrance purchase and I am more than content for the $40 I paid for it. Sillage strong, longevity 8 hours. More than some niche brands in performance!

Bethesda
Bethesda

I nearly didn't buy this as the EDP spray was so overpowering it was like that "Lush shop" smell that penetrates your nostrils and into your brain every time you walk into the place, but I kept thinking how intriguing the vanilla scent would be if it was applied lightly and layered with another perfume to add a vanilla note.

I decided to buy the solid perfume stick as others had mentioned it's not so in-your-face and I'm pleased with it as it's still noticeable but has just the right amount of strength. The jasmine in this is so subtle it's almost not there and what I can smell mostly is a really smoky vanilla, kind of a wood smoke, like there's some vetiver in there combined with sweet cocoa butter.

It creates the image of a spiced vanilla custard dessert and it would therefore be great to wear in the winter/at Christmas but autumn would be great for it as it's got that woodiness, as would the summer heat as it's the sort of scent that smoulders on your skin (and starts to smell coconuty/beachy). Perfect for summer barbecues, especially when toasting marshmallows!

As it settles into the skin it smells more of white musk and vanilla than strong smoky vanilla (though it retains some smokiness) and is really quite lovely. I've also tried layering it with perfumes and I find rosy scents work best. Chloe and Paul Smith Rose go amazingly well with this. Just the right amount of fresh dewy rose and warm vanilla and the honey and cedar in Chloe make it a match made in heaven.

sistermoon
sistermoon

Sticky sweet foody vanilla with caramel and a bit of that burnt sugar note. Not exactly sophisticated, but oh so fun and very yummy. I don't smell the listed jasmine here at all. Although I prefer darker vanilla with patchouli, amber or wood, there is still enough comfort and warmth in Vanillary for me to enjoy the sample while it lasts, but not buy 10 bottles for backup, if you know what I mean.

Yamba1
Yamba1

I went into a Lush store with the specific intention of trying Vanillary based on the reviews here. The tester I used was almost finished and I got a miserable little squirt out, so the SA promptly gave me a fresh tester and I sprayed a generous amount on the inside of my wrist. The SA suggested I let it sit a while to get the full benefit of the perfume and I was glad about that because I usually get the 'hard sell' in Lush stores. Anyway, off I went with my Vanillary wrist. I then left the store and was driving to my next engagement when I realized that the smell from my wrist was not what I was expecting. I put my wrist up to my nose and recoiled in horror as I realized the Vanillary smell was more like stale human urine. Anyone reading this who has ever had a toddler come home from kindy with the wet undies in a plastic bag in the bottom of the school backpack will know the smell I mean.
Now I take full responsibility for this dreadful abnormality and I don't wish to offend any fans of Vanillary. It was clearly a catastrophic reaction to my body chemistry, but nevertheless I was left in a difficult spot. I REALLY needed to get rid of this personally embarrassing scent from my body before my next engagement for fear that people would think I'd wet my pants. What to do? There was nowhere I could access soap and water, and I had no time to make a detour to rid myself of vanillary. So I rummaged around my car and found a half disintegrated 6 month old tissue in the bottom of my handbag and started to scrub. Anyone looking at me at the traffic lights would have thought I was half mad. There was a middle aged woman frantically spitting on her wrist, rubbing at it, smelling it, then recoiling in horror before starting the spitting, rubbing and recoiling ritual again. Only a fragrantica member would have recognized the motions!

It occurred to me then what a funny hobby we have, but one that never ceases to entertain!!

katemcq
katemcq

It's not what you'd expect. I became so used to cheap imitations of vanilla, this caught me off guard. This is not the smell of cake baking in the oven. It is the smell of unscented tropical plants that grow in deep green humid valleys - something is blooming around the next corner, muted by the smells of earth, roots, minerals and the fresh gardeny smell of decomposition. There's a bitter-sour touch of lily on the brink of rotting that makes it truly remarkable.

Those looking for a more conventional smell could layer this, but it deserves to be tried on its own first - it is sophisticated and deeply satisfying.

More is definitely more in the case of Lush VANILLARY, which ramps up the goo factor already present in LUST to new heights. LUST is a fairly sweet jasmine perfume with major oomph and projection, but VANILLARY is a super-sweet vanilla jasmine perfume best suited as an "office scent" for employees of Lush--I mean the ones who manage the boutiques.

I sometimes work at the library and find myself next to a person wearing headphones attached to his MP3 player cranked up to maximum volume with the result that he is "entertaining" everyone else within a 10 meter radius. Sure, he thinks that he's listening privately to his rap music filled with sexist, violent verbiage, but in reality he's sharing the experience with everyone else in the room.

From such experiences, it has become clear to me that many people lose their auditory acuity through listening to very loud music stuck directly into their ears. In order to achieve the same satisfaction, they must turn the volume up higher and higher, to the point where their perceptions of what constitutes a reasonable sound level have become completely skewed.

That's how I feel about VANILLARY: it's an original, interesting combination of notes, but it is so thick and gooey and in your face that I cannot imagine wearing it anywhere--unless by chance one day I am driven by my spiraling perfume habit to obtain a job at Lush so that my nose is constantly filled with very strong, overpowering scents which are the olfactory equivalent of in-ear headphones set on maximum volume.

I've seen reviewers compare the Lush perfumes to Guerlain INSOLENCE, and in terms of longevity and sillage that seems right. The good news is that there is no plastic or hairspray here. Nonetheless, VANILLARY is equally over the top. Again, I am reminded of Serge Lutens: this is a fun journey to take, but how many times does one need to travel down this very same path?

It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live here.

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10

I never would have guessed Lush would have such incredibly high quality perfumes. This is a nostalgic vanilla edged with caramel and a certain spiciness. It's an exquisitely pure fragrance, nothing synthetic. You simply cannot stop smelling it, it's uncomplicated but addictive.

Opens with a blast of woods with no resemblance of vanilla on me, but after two minutes, starts developing into a rich, velvety gourmand.

The longevity is very good, though not quite as nice as Tuca Tuca, which has over 12 hours of longevity on me. Vanillary lasts about 9 hours I would say.

tenderhearted

In my first review of the precious Vanillary,I was reviewing the cruelty free imitation oil I had of it (Lush is also a cruelty free company,yay!) At that time,I did not have a chance to get to my closest Lush store,and I could not afford the price of Vanillary offered online.

I came out of my hermit shell,and I was able to buy the solid of Vanillary from the lovely Lush store a couple of months ago. I LOVE it! :)

Vanillary is very creamy,very strongly sweet to my senses. It is crushed vanilla beans,heady jasmine blooms. It is vanilla absolute waterfalls,and jasmine petals heated up by scorching sun,somehow thick and airy at the same time.

Please try Vanillary if you enjoy vanilla and jasmine,and sweetness that can call to someone across the room. Lucky me that I love that! :)

My sister says this smells like cream vanilla candy on me. :)

Please try on skin,not just sniffing the bottle. This is like wanting to know the story on the pages,without ever opening the book. Your skin will tell the whole story.

**The Lush solid Vanillary lasts 2 hours on my skin,but when I also wear the imitation oil,it lasts 5/6 hours before I need to re-apply. ;)

**The imitation oil smells just like the solid Vanillary perfume from Lush! :)

geekweevil
geekweevil

I'm torn! Is this a more repulsive vanilla to my nose than Dior's Hypnotic Poison?
I smelled like cheap burnt flyspray, i could not wait to scrub this one off.
I was quite sorry as i was prepared to like it.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose! Glad i did not blind buy. Sad i hate it so much as everyone else seems to love it and i had high hopes.
Going back to my body shop original vanilla oil now to get over the trauma of Vanillary (the black topped bottles from the 90s), oh how i wish they would bring back that version!

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

I`ve got this in the solid - not the old tins (which I preferred) but the cardboard push up tube thing. Mmmm - not sure what it is, but Lush perfumes all have the same base smell that I just can`t get on with. I want to like it, but it seems wayyyy too sweet, too much sugar, not enough of the rich vanilla that I`m looking for - maybe too much jasmine also (although I love jasmine) & very plasticky? I don`t know but it just doesn`t work for me. No it will have to go.......I do rather like the Vanilla Puff dusting powder though!

bronstein
bronstein

Seems a bit as if Lush would release their perfumes on a weekly basis. Nevertheless, this one is fine stuff, too. Perhaps an advantage is that you get it in 10ml bottles, which makes one unit relatively cheap. So, if you want one vanilla perfume to try out how it works for you, and don't want to think too long about spending that lot of money for just one scent - got out and get it, you can't do much wrong here.

***

ThePixie
ThePixie

I first bought the solid because I adore vanilla and it was so inexpensive. I loved it so much I finally bought the bottle (and that's coming from a nongirly or crazy fan of perfumes).

I don't even know where begin with describing this...it's absolutely incredible! I've never smelled anything else like it. As some have mentioned it seems as if you must have the right chemistry for it. When I first put it on it smells very odd, sometimes much too strongly of jasmine or a bizarre burnt smell. But after a few minutes it fades into the background and the vanilla really comes out. While this is very much a vanilla scent, it isn't super sweet at all (I tend to despise sweet scents). The powder tone is really more smoky than anything else. With the subtle sweet tone, it blends with the jasmine and tonka to add a grown up, spicy kick to the vanilla. Not at all your teeny bopper candy sweet vanilla fragrance. This vanilla is smoky, dark, rich, delicious and sexy. A must try for vanilla lovers.

Also, I was finding that after a couple months of use my solid started to develop more of that funky beginning scent (it would still fade away) so I started to use something else to scrape a little bit out onto my skin rather than direct application. The only real difference I'm finding between the solid and liquid is that the liquid was longer lasting, stronger, and smokier. Perfect evening scent. Love it.

Anahi
Anahi

This is a very strong scent. My sister could smell it in the other room, about half an hour after i sprayed it on myself. Its very warm and spicy, and pow in your face! you really want to use this with caution. At first it smelled kinda weird to me, but when i spray Prada Candy a couple minutes after, it made my skin smelled divine!

LlygaidSerennog
LlygaidSerennog

I have this in the stick form, it's spicy, sweet and I get a whiff of Play-Dough sometimes :/ They don't last very well on the skin either.

fullbottleworthy

If you like this scent and you like violets, I would highly recommend layering this with Lush's Tuca Tuca. Together they smell like parma violets! A beautiful powdery sweet violet candy. The combination of these two is what I had hoped to get from Guerlain's Insolence but didn't. I love Lush!

Allinug

Sometimes amazing thing happens. In an earlier review I wrote that I didn't like Vaniilary at all at first and then I began to like it. Now I love it. I have bought a bottle and it's a beautiful vanilla and jasmine smell, so soft and creamy.

I usually don't like perfumes that smell so much of jasmine but I love this one. It really is a magic perfume...

Songbird891
Songbird891

Me, I love vanilla. I have a male friend who will glue his face to my neck if I wear it. It works with my chemistry, and always smells good no matter what it's paired with.
Lush's Vanillary is no exception. I bought the solid.

Vanillary does smell a bit strongly of jasmine at first. It's almost acrid in it's floral sharpness. However, on me at least, the jasmine fades away to a rich, creamy vanilla caramel smell. Like a very expensive creme brûlée. Burnt sugar, from the tonka bean, and sweet, smooth, languid vanilla. Delicious. Very gourmand on me.

On a few friends, it ranged from a soft vanilla baby powder smell to a horribly sharp, acrid cat urine smell from the way the jasmine played with their chemistry, so like all perfumes, be sure this works on you before wearing.

I think it's a great smell and layers wonderfully with many different perfumes. And as a bonus, the solid is relatively inexpensive and pairs beautifully with their Vanilla Dee-Lite lotion, Vanilla Puff Powder, Vanilla fountain bath bomb, and Sweetheart soap. If you want to smell like a rich dessert, the whole collection is the way to go.

flutteringhearts
flutteringhearts

I'm not a big fan of vanilla scents, but Vanillary is neat. I prefer the solid perfume, for a more subtle scent. It's also great to layer; it's awesome with Karma and anything rose (even Agent Provocateur).

To me, it smells a lot like Lush's Silky Underwear dusting powder, which is lovely.

Pierina
Pierina

I purchased this in the solid stick.
It smells really similar to how my vanilla extract tastes. (I did try wearing it once but that didnt work haha)
The girl in the store suggested layering it with the rose based scents there which i tried instore.
I am going to try layering this with Chloe signature and see how that goes and maybe to richen my hypnotic poison which Dior reformulated and it just isnt hypnotic enough to pop my clogs at all..

Dire
Dire

I bought this after testing it for only about 15 minutes on my wrist. I love vanilla, so I figured it'd do well.
I was so wrong! After a little time passed the smell seemed almost toxic & fake on my skin. I was so disappointed! I never got around to returning it, it just ended up in my van's glove box. One night my cousin & I were going out & she got into my glove compartment for some eyedrops & was like, what's this? & put some on. The whole night I could smell it on her & it smelled WONDERFUL. I was like WTF.
So I gave it to her, & she used it till it was gone.
So, I think it has to do with whether it mixes well with your body's chemistry.
So try it for at least a little while before you buy the whole thing.

Allinug

Doesn't smell good at all on me. Smells like urine and something burnt.

Update!
I have tried it again and it doesn't smell good.
I can't get that vanilla smell...it only smells burnt and urine and it doesnt change at all...it smells the same all the time.

It really must be a unique vanilla perfume...

Update again!
Can you get use to a perfume or is it my chemistry...I'm beginning to like it and it doesn't smell so bad...hmm...

fullbottleworthy

This is much different than your typical vanilla. It is a very powdery and unique vanilla. I do like it, but a little goes a long way and it can easily give me a headache. I really like their vanilla-deelite lotion with the same scent.

exciter76
exciter76

Vanillary is brilliantly simple. It is a mature jasmine-vanilla scent. Not mature as in ‘dated and musty’ but ‘grown up and refined’. This is unlike any vanilla scent I’ve yet to encounter. There is a smoldering incense in the drydown that could be attributed to the mix of tonka bean and jasmine. The vanilla is unadulterated. The jasmine is impressively authentic; it reminds me of the night-blooming jasmine bush in front of my house. It miraculously captured the scent of real jasmine as it blooms on a May evening. It’s pure bliss! Too many jasmine fragrances fall victim of turning into ‘car freshener’ jasmine, too sweet and too plasticky. This is the real deal. I spent an entire afternoon compulsively sniffing my wrists like a mental ward patient with an OCD tick. I had to go back to the Lush boutique and make this scent my own.

My only complaint is its inability to last longer than two hours. The sales person who insisted I would love this fragrance also massaged one of my forearms with the Heavanilli massage bar which is also scented with Vanillary. The use of the massage bar prolonged the scent and softened my skin. Maybe it’s just my skin’s chemistry but this scent vanishes in a smoky instant so layering is a necessity.

Anyone who is turned off by vanilla fragrances must give this one a go. It is not your typical saccharine vanilla.

saoirse.cassidy
saoirse.cassidy

This is not a pure vanilla scent, much to my amazement. With a name like this you expect a hit of pure, sweet vanilla. But the tonka bean and the jasmine add an interesting depth to the smell.

On my skin the scent turns warm, really warm. More like a vanilla that is fresh out of the oven. The scent is perfect for layering, adding a sweetness to another scent.

I own the solid perfume which adds versatility to the scent. It can be mixed with a spray for layers, it can be worn on the pulse points for a seductive sweet scent radiating with your pulse. Or it can be melted between the fingers and ran through the tips of your hair, enveloping you in a blanket of vanilla sweetness as your hair moves throughout the day.

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

This is really what I call a very interesting scent. Perfume with rapid and surprising. The output makes you think about quitting but quickly the second face of this compound presents a pleasant feel and smell of coconut. After that step, comes in vanilla, beautiful and different, strong and charming. I like!

rollergirl
rollergirl

A new favorite!!! Vanilla powdery sweetness!

aeli
aeli

- Probably the most intense and longest lasting Vanilla scent I've ever smelled!

- I have to agree that in the beginning it does smell a little weird!

- Just let it dry down and get used to the 'natural' and non artificial vanilla scent.

- Every single time I'm wearing this, there are people asking me what perfume I'm wearing.

- A absolute MUST for every Vanilla Lover! Just give it the time to get used to this special and forever-lasting scent.

tenderhearted

I have an imitation of this that I simply adore. I would actually buy the real and true Lush Vanillary if I could,because I love Lush. They love so much animals and the earth,as do I. Alas,Lush is not a perfume brand that I can usually afford.

My imitation is GORGEOUS,thick,creamy vanilla,with tinges of smoke,jasmine,tasty,warm essence,and beautiful vanilla sweetness. The thing I love about this scent also,is that it is thick,yet has an airy vanilla wind that twirls around my head.

I also have a vegan imitation of Hypnose,and I feel that Vanillary and Hypnose are sister scents. They both have a unique vanilla/jasmine,thick yet airy quality.

I do feel too that Lolita Lempicka original (blue apple shaped bottle) and Hypnose are sisters,but that is a topic for the Hypnose section.

cdaleb73110
cdaleb73110

Hey I'm a dude and this is great for pairing with certain mens colognes. I found when I do a spritz of Vanillary with Egoiste Platinum or Varvatos Vintage it really mixes well and gives it a kick. Girls and guys alike enjoy it. People really like to get close to you.

lara0905
lara0905

Unusual, special, very unique composition of vanilla. This essence is for those who do not like sweet vanilla scents.

Pleasant vanilla aroma opens with a touch of jasmine and clearly detectable coconut note. Warm, strange fusion is this but it's very comforting and somehow relaxing smell.Not sickly sweet as you think at the first time. It's really amazing, warm, calming composition. The tonka gives a deeper tone to this amazing fragrance.It's just smell like when the sun warms my skin!:)

This scent will take you to a tropical beach on a cold winter day, you'll feel the touch of the tropical sun, the warm of the white sand, the breeze of the hot air....Just relax and enjoy the vacation!:)

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

The awful jasmine takes over all the vanilla in this perfume.

It should be called "Flowery" instead of "Vanillary".

VERY disappointed.

hollyms
hollyms

This is a vanilla, but it's a very florally, jasmine mix. To me, this scent screams young and sweet-hearted. It's a very delicate, unique vanilla flavor that evolves throughout the day. This will not be my signature scent any time soon, but I enjoy having this as part of my collection.

SheFallsUpStairs
SheFallsUpStairs

This perfume is lovely for the cooler months, but a word of caution- use one spray only, and apply half an hour before leaving the house! The initial scent is so strong it actually tickles my nose- something like burnt wood or ammonia. But after that, it becomes this warm, soft, feminine coccoon that's just a little bit on the naughty side, in my opinion.

Very very strong vanilla scent with a hint of something that I don't like much - maybe jasmin? On my skin this scent was a no-no , although I like vanilla.

aelias
aelias

Pure Vanilla by Lavanila is better. I think the jasmine is just a little too prominent in this one.

Niko
Niko

Very grown up Vanilla-scent. Best scent ever in my opinion :)

Val Fides
Val Fides

I've been trying to find some lovely vanilla scent for some time and I eventually tried this one.
It's kind of pleasant but a mixture of vanilla and jasmine just smelled like pure coconut on me((
What I like about Vanillary is that it's not VERY sweet or too warm, so acceptable for summer evenings as opposed to The Body Shop Vanilla. Vanillary is creamy and powdery, it reminds me of coconut biscuits. Moreover, not too strong but long-lasting. I like it in general but, maybe, it doesn't suit me. I don't want to smell like my grandmother after baking. I prefer fruity vanilla fragrances instead.
Sorry for my imperfect English)

TankGirl
TankGirl

A little bit headaching for me, too sweet, not has natural as I thought it would be...
I tryed the solid perfume and it has a good lasting power but the scent is not my thing, probably good for candy vanillas, I was looking for something more earthy and dry.

Sillage: Close to the skin
Longevity: Good
Personality: A 12 year old girl with long blond hair in a cupcake shop.

CandyPerfumeGirl

Also just want to add that the vanilla deelite lotion does not have this problem, nor does the dusting powder. The massage bar, however, is not nice.

CandyPerfumeGirl

I can't wear this fragrance all the time, and it took me a VERY long time to like it.... It smells like vanilla, dessicated coconut, and....cat pee. But when you get used to the cat pee smell, you start to realise its something else, and its wearable, and you don't notice it so much. However, thats not to say that somebody else won't smell the cat pee essence on you... Not a fragrance I would wear around other people!

Lyndale

Vanillary is an odd sort of vanilla scent, I do agree and it definitely the sort of fragrance where most people would either love or loathe it. I really do like it but not as a daytime scent. Instead it is a part of my night-time ritual, a rub down with the vanilla massage bar, sprinkled all over with the powder then spritz on the perfume and climb into bed to float away on vanilla scented clouds of bliss. Oh, and my hubby like it too ;)

rainbow.owl
rainbow.owl

I really do love Lush, but I find this to be very strong, very sweet and it gives me a bit of a headache. However, the dusting powder is absolutely gorgeous and compliments lots of other scents.

juliebilo
juliebilo

Vanilla for grown ups who likes vanilla a lot!

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I like this take on vanilla, with its smokey overtones. I think the solid version is very good and also cheap. A nice 'winter warmer' which is better than many over-sweet fake vanilla scents.

peachtoast
peachtoast

I have mixed feelings on this one. I recently got the new edition of the solid and I've been using a little in combination with Vanilla Dee-lite moisturiser.

When Vanillary settles down, it's really quite nice, but it has this prominent ammonia/urine-like note on application! After smelling some of their other products, I'm pretty sure it's the jasmine. It's a shame, because otherwise it's really delicious smelling - a sort of caramelised, warm, rounded smell that lasts a long time.

The Gorilla noses must really like jasmine, it seems to appear in every one of their perfumes I've tried, and they always come out sharp and odd-smelling. It might just be my skin, but I don't have the same issue with other brands.

Chaobaby7
Chaobaby7

Bleh! I can`t stand vanilla or coconut as perfumes, nice to eat but not wear. I really do not like this, it reminds me of the 90s when there were alot of vanilla scents around.

truffles
truffles

I strongly get coconut off this too.
However, I think I might have been labouring under a false idea of what vanilla smells like (ice-cream, cheap vanilla candles) and this is what it actually does smell like!
The reason I say this is that I recently ordered some vanilla essential oil from a really good oil supplier. I sent it back because to me it smelled like burned plastic and coconuts. The guy got back to me and said he'd sniffed it and said it was fine, the best grade of vanilla essential oil you can get.
So... that being the case, I'd say Vanillary has a load of pure vanilla oil in it.
I find this perfume wearable but not completely 'me'.
I'm attracted to vanilla for the supposed therapeutic qualities so when I've got no pure oil, I might persevere with wearing this for that reason.

daria79
daria79

Usually I love vanilla perfume but this one it's to harsh for me I prefer more Body Shop Vanilla.

hapa
hapa

I bought a small tester bottle of this for 1.50 euro at Lush recently. It is difficult to accurately sense how a fragrance works with one's life by only going in for an occasional spritz at the store. Instead one must instead try it out over a few days to see how it works. For me, this works.

The vanilla is sharp but clean despite what I sense is a powdery smoke note. Or maybe I am just being reminded of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille? This is not a synthetic warm vanilla like The Body Shop has. This is very close to the real deal one uses for baking. Yes, baking and not vanilla pods. Like I said there is a sharpness there that I think is from the clean, almost sterile, composition of this scent. Having said all that, I like it very much and am looking for a tobacco perfume to mix with this!

guest_Raina
guest_Raina

LUSH has some great vanilla smelling products; I love their vanilla fountain and vanilla in the mist soap. That being said, this is not one of them. A HUGE disappointment for me since I ordered this off of the misleading caption from their website that said that this was suppose to be a replica of their vanilla scent in a perfume form. I'm pretty shocked at how completely UN-vanilla this perfume is. You know that cheap burnt sugar/caramel and coconut smell that companies try to pass off as "vanilla?" Well, here it is in a concentrated form. True vanilla lovers, do yourself a favor and skip this.

vuelo
vuelo

I just LOOOOVE ITTTTT! I think it's the best Lush perfume, and I've tested almost all of them lately.

I smell strong vanilla (like vanilla essence, just better) and smoke from burnt aromatic woods, might as well be incense sticks that smell like burnt sandalwood.

It's so great, makes me feel so relaxed, like walking thru forrest in a sunny afternoon.

All vanilla lovers should try this, it's surprisingly AMAZING, better than than Chopard'd Casmir, in my opinion.

It's kinda expensive for 30 ml, but it's worth it, i'm 100% postive I'll get another one after I'll finish this.

Nemia
Nemia

A bit of a disappointment for me, I admit. I like vanilla and tonka beans, and I liked the smell of the shimmery glitter bug or whatever Lush calls it. But Vanillary is a bit too strong, too loud, too harsh for me.

I think Honey I washed the Kids is a much better balanced yummy scent. I think most "edible" scents have a little problem because if leave it as it is, you make people think they can add it to their cakes or puddings, but if you tamper too much with it, it smells rotten or "gone off". So edible scents walk a very fine line. In my opinion, Vanillary is too much of a good thing, and too little at the same time.

I very small doses and only in my hair, it smells okay. On my skin, not so much... Pity.

Puma
Puma

It's difficult to define - sweet and woody, it changes a lot during a day. I believe it is suitable for cold days or nights.

Janice44
Janice44

I sent off for the solid perfume as I am allergic to 'wet' perfume! I was so excited when it arrived. I opened the tin, sniffed it and thought at first sniff it was rancid. I applied some of it and was disappointed as the reviews I read on Lush forum made it sound as if this was a nice sweet vanilla fragrance. It was awful. Smelt like burnt offerings of some description. I was still convinced it was off so had to make a long trip to a Lush store just to see if it was my nose being funny. If our local Lush store had been open I could have smelt it first - but as it wasn't and our next nearest store was 30 miles away - I decided to order it online. Anyway the pot in the store did smell different, a bit sweeter. But I traded it back in for the Olive Branch. This is different and not unpleasant, but still not my cup of tea.

leonora84
leonora84

I have this in the little pot and in the edp version too. I mostly smell in this: 1. : fresh but harsh white flowers /á la pleasures intense, pure poison, crystal noir, this spicy and strong kind of white flowers, not really jasmine-y, rather a spicy tuberose-gardenia-note, which later transforms in milky-minty (I always smell a minty sting in the sweetness of white flowers, I don't think that they are dirty, I think, that those notes smell rather extremely clean and soapy and cool, next to their sweetness) creaminess -which is not really edible but luscious-/, 2. : something like how a kitchen of an old granny would smell, after she made some traditional pastries for her family. This smells like the late summer/ early autumn. And smells like the timeless tropical heat, too. Vanillary is not for the faint of heart, in some circumstances it could develop itself in a masculine, smoky, mediterranean, "hairy-sweaty" harshness instead of a yummy inedible, clean-minty-sweet-tropical creaminess. Great if used with caution, and if the weather is warm, but the wind blows gently. This is ideal for summer evenings and warmer autumn days. For me, it fails when it rains, or if I am nervous, or I have any other emotional problems. But when I feel alright, this is tropical vacation with grannys pastries in a pot/bottle.

Jayhotaru
Jayhotaru

Gotta love Lush!

My first experience with Vanillary was through the massage bar, so in theory i knew what it was supposed to smell like when i finally bought the perfume. I had also read reviews that said you needed to give it time, though none of this prepared me for what happened.

The first spray was like burning chemicals with something sweet at the very bottom. I couldn't believe how bad it was, it was unreal >_< But I had faith in my wonderful lush, and sure enough it cleared into a beautiful soft vanilla pudding with a hint of cocoa and something floral. A very yummy moist scent and the only true gourmand I own, in my opinion.

Vanillary fills a hole in my perfume collection and I'm quite enamored with it. But good god the first few seconds after spraying it are rancid! I don't even know what thats about...maybe something between the alcohol and all the natural oils in it, who knows. I can totally understand not being able to make it past that but i encourage everyone to try. I hope Lush figures out whats going on in the beginning there because this could be adored.

sirena
sirena

Sorry Lush, I'm a huge fan of ballistics, dream cream, lip balms, gels, shampoos, body oils... I think Lush ingredients and their effect on my skin are fabulous, but I cannot stand the perfumes. I love vanilla and jasmine, a bit of it, in middle and base notes but this is nauseating and clings to your skin unless until you rub it off with a strong soap. Not for me at all.

MeganElizabeth
MeganElizabeth

I purchased this one while in Kelowna, BC
Since then, everytime i wear it, it takes me back to the mountains and that amazing place.
I'm a huge fan of this perfume. It's almost like a dirty vanilla.
On me, I find it's a sweet vanilla/musky fragrance, almost like an over-ripe fruit mixed with a bourbon vanilla. It lasts all day thankfully, it's brilliant.

4160Tuesdays
4160Tuesdays

Vanillary is one of Simon Constantine's perfumes. I'd smelled it in Vanilla Fountain Bath Ballistic so knew what I was expecting. For the first 20 minutes it smells completely different from the rest of the day (and yes, it lasts for the rest of the day). To be honest, at the start it was dreadful. On me, it smelled like an industrial toilet cleaner, but then gradually it settled down to a deliciously sweet pudding, gentle, soft, welcoming. I know for a fact (because I've worked there since 1996) that the quality of Lush's fragrance is second to none. If anyone else was making this stuff it would be in the hundreds of pounds. I keep begging them to make them as EDTs as the EDPs are way too strong for me. What I recommend is that you put it on 20 minutes before you leave the house, and don't let your first sniff put you off.

Ok, I'm not the only one here. I smelled Vanillary with some interest and I have been hit by an awful rotten marshmallow smell. It becomes softer as time goes one, but only to become marshmallow with vanilla flavour and candy floss. It's extremely strong and longlasting! It clings to fabric like nothing. Oh, well, maybe like other Lush's fragrances.

LenaBel
LenaBel

I adore vanilla so I sprayed it on my wrist without sniffing it out of the bottle first. What a disturbing scent!!! I had to wash it off as soon as I got home. Strong, nauseating... I expected something delicious and comforting from a vanilla scent but this one is totally the opposite!