Designers » M » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Floral No 11 M. Micallef for women

Floral No 11 M. Micallef for women
dislike

Floral No 11 by M. Micallef is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for women. Floral No 11 was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Astier. Top notes are bergamot and galbanum; middle notes are rose, jasmine and geranium; base notes are white musk and woody notes.

Bergamot Galbanum

Rose Jasmine Geranium

White Musk Woody Notes

Talisman

Floral No 11 Fragrance Reviews

luna rebel
luna rebel

I bought this perfume because I found it at a great price online, without knowing what it smelled like. I was a bit thrown off by the reviews after the actual Micallef No 11 experience because on me it smelled much different than on what others have described.

Micallef No 11 opens on me with a huge blast of green notes. At this point, it is very reminiscent of chypre perfumes like Chanel No. 19, Silences, and Niki de Saint Phalle, all of which share an initial powdery greenness and woodiness. There is NO sweetness whatsoever in this perfume. The first two hours of Micallef No 11 do not represent a warm perfume to me at all (on the contrary, it is rather cool).

However, after you give it time to develop. it becomes a warm resinous woody musk. This is a very interesting stage of the perfume. I could not stop smelling myself when I wore it simply because it had a certain richness and eccentricity to it. The musk was strong on me. In fact, I doubted I could even smell musk in perfumes until I smelled this one. Musk is very prominent throughout, but at the perfume's "warm" stage it acquires a rather animalic quality to it, although it is pleasant and inoffensive.

The strength of No 11 is decent on me, nothing overly strong or overwhelming as some others describe. In fact, I find it a lot more wearable than my Niki de Saint Phalle because, while sharing similar traits, it is much more subdued and less in your face powder puff. The longevity is great, and as I mentioned before the dry down is long with an animalic touch.

I think that fans of classic chypres and floral woody musks should definitely give this a go. If you are only into sweet florals, you may want to avoid this one because there is no prominent sweetness in this. But if you are a perfume collector and interested in exploring different notes or owning an interesting and beautiful perfume, then you aren't really losing much by dishing out the $17 it's currently worth on online. To my nose, this is truly a masterpiece worth more than its asking price.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

i cannot believe how unbelievably cheap these refills go.
this is probably the only way i will ever be able to test micallef, that and the
occasional rare sample i can get from fabulously generous fragrantica friends!
this is heaven for someone who loves rich, opulent, woodsy florals.
i also get an oriental vibe. i could have sworn i got amber in the heart.
the woodsy note immediately struck me.
its followed by big white florals. and then im gone....
i must apologize for the vagueness, but i really feel this is one of those perfumes that is so well blended, and such high quality, that you can only smell. the more i try to concentrate and discern its notes, the more i lose my mind swimming in this proverbial perfume sea.
this screams big 8O's overdone decadence and i am willing to bet money that if you love original poison, gio armani, must cartier, or opium you fall for this too.

smellsogood
smellsogood

This seems to develop a reverse pyramid on my skin. It opens with a deep resiny, spicy blast mixed with rose. Then as time moves on the geranium really kicks in, with that lovely crushed leaf edge to it, almost like mint. Warm powdery musk with a hint of skank (maybe the jasmine) and the woods, as though the ingredients are encased in a beautiful antique casket. I have been unable to stop burying my nose into my wrist every five minutes from the moment of application. Fabulous.

sophywt
sophywt

Don't be bluffed by the note pyramid! When it looks like simple and fresh, No.11 definitely is not a light sweet floral one. It's powdery, dense and has a unbelievable longevity - very aspect suggests a powerhouse style scent and not for a faint heart.

No.11 starts with geranium, laced with some spice notes, so strong as if a little resin bomb exploding before you. It gives No.11 bit of harshness and the feeling maintained throughout the whole stages. Compared with scents nowadays, it's not at all a tender one, though when it rests, it tends to be more warm, with a spiced sweetness and you could get its heavy woody base. The drydown is pretty much the same as its body, just a little less sweet, weaker and a bit calm.

Though there are floral notes listed, rose, jasmin, etc, I bearly noticed any. To me, No.11 is totally about geranium, sweet resin, light spices and woody notes.

weegee
weegee

Floral woody musk is the category most heavily represented in my collection and the stunning richness, complexity and longevity of Micallef's Floral No.11 make it a star among stars.

No.11 is much too powdery, thick and sweet for summer's humidity and high temps and would be at its best in cool and cold weather, equally appropriate with the elegance of velvet and comfort of wool sweaters.

While rose and geranium are most prominent, galbanum tempers their sweetness and gives the bold florals a bit of a "bite". Jasmine, although faint, contributes a slightly sour indolic edge. Musk and woodsy notes provide a smooth warmth and depth and are the source of No.11's powdery nature that's evident right from the start.

For all of its complexity I find No.11 a linear fragrance -- every note coming on together and persisting through its amazing longevity.

If powdery fragrances aren't to your liking you'd best avoid No.11 -- it's powder from start to finish and I'd compare it to Chantilly in that respect.

Prices vary widely but some on-line sellers have 100ml spray refill bottles for about $20.00 USD, including shipping. A safe blind buy only for those who love roses, musk and powder.

Floral No 11 by M. Micallef 3.67 out of 5 based on 16 ratings and 5 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about M. Micallef Floral No 11 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about M. Micallef Floral No 11, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Floral No 11 by M. Micallef. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Floral No 11 by M. Micallef represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.