Designers » M » Woody « Groups

Gaiac M. Micallef for men

Gaiac M. Micallef for men
dislike

Gaiac M. Micallef for men Pictures Gaiac M. Micallef for men Pictures

Gaiac is a unique scent of precious Guaiac wood. It is created for men to use, but women also find it appealing. Woody and balmy notes form its composition.

it is available as 30 and 100 ml EDP. Gaiac was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Astier.

Bergamot

Jasmine Cloves

Guaiac Wood Amber Vetiver Vanilla

L de Lolita Lempicka
Fendi Theorema

Gaiac Fragrance Reviews

alberto1964
alberto1964

I do not understand why it's not possible to extend the sillage of this spicy and elegant scent! You should use an entire bottle of 30ml (expensive) a day to have a constant smell! Pity because this fragrance is really nice.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Gaiac is a spicy-woody scent loaded with warm, glueish resins, with a sweetish vanilla-cardamom frame revived by fruity-citrus hints, and with a (sadly) remarkable dose of cloves all over. Sticky, "white-yellow", bright and mellow, not bad but fairly monotone. After a couple of hours or so it becomes just a bit drier and less sticky, but the woody-spicy-resinous structure is practically identical. Not bad, but surely not the most versatile and dynamic around – for fans of these few notes only.

K1
K1

This perfume's light calm and luxurious richness leaves you speechless.
I really impresses. It's light woody floral base sweetened with vanilla and spiced with cloves. The result is hilariously simple yet sophisticated.
Gaiac is a modern perfume proper for spring and summer nights.
But much more than the fragrance itself, I've surprised with longevity/sillage voting and people complaining about it. I don't know but this last enough on my skin. The sillage is fair but longevity is good.

abcmore
abcmore

Such a beautifull scent, it's a shame that it doesn't last very long and projection is minimal, still a great scent, on my wish list even though is on the expensive side.

fuggerone
fuggerone

suave woody and spicy, very low sillage its weak point!

ravjan
ravjan

Such a perfect harmony of sweetness (not cloying), woodiness and spiciness! I'm absolutely in love! Poor longevity? You've got to be kidding! I wore it yesterday and it was felt throughout the day after one morning application only! And without being overbearing. It just made me feel so goooood. Definitely aimed at colder/wetter weathers. The only thing I'm not crazy about here is the bottle which I find too feminine.

adrienn99
adrienn99

if you liked the gaiac note in Bois Vanille by SL (yes, some lucky buggers like me don't just get a candy feel to it ;)) and wished it was more enhanced, then this is the juice to go for. I have had no issues with longevity, it lasts almost all day and pretty strong and persistent for at least a good 7-8 hours. The gaiac smells more wet than dry but that might have something to do with the oceanic climate. It gets softer and sweeter when the temperature rises.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Gaiac is a soft woody scent, perfectly balanced with sweetness and woods,gentle floral notes and a whisper of spice. It wears very close to the skin. While unisex, I found this fairly feminine on me. I like it however it smells almost exactly the same on my skin as EL Sensuous. The poor sillage and lack of staying power of this one don't justify the price at all I feel, but I enjoy it's autumnal presentation and feeling. If this had a bit more oomph I'd be hooked.

Kain
Kain

A pleasant and beautiful smell fragrance that unfortunately doesn’t last and project that much.
The opening is a sweet woody scent with some spices and some tart and fresh feeling in the background.
The guaiac wood which is the main note of the fragrance does have a sharp and also smoky aroma. Something like cedar but in a different way and also smoky.
The vanilla is strong too and give the scent a very charming and beautiful sweet scent and tune down the guaiac wood a little bit.
The spicy note of the fragrance isn’t that strong but with a really good dose give the scent more masculine aroma.
The bergamot smell also is weak and in the background and you can detect it just by tart feeling that gives the scent.
It’s very linear so don’t expect too much changes.
Only the tart bergamot and spices will settle down after a while and you will have that vanilla and guaiac wood combo all the way through.
Projection is weak and mostly close to the skin and longevity is around 4-6 hours which is above average.
Nice smell and good quality but it’s nothing really new or different.

یه عطر خوشبو و با کیفیت که متاسفانه پخش بو ماندگاری خیلی زیادی نداره
رایحه اولیه بوی نسبتا قوی چوب گایاک هست که با وانیل و کمی رایحه های تند و تلخ و کمی هم رایحه ترنج ترکیب شده
چوب گایاک بوی تند و تیز و تلخی داره و کمی هم حس دودی مانند، ولی در کنارش وانیل بوی عطرُ شیرین کرده و تلخی چوبُ تا حدی گرفته و یه رایحه بالانس و خوشبو بوجود آورده
رایحه های تند و تلخ و ادویه ای هم به مقدار مشخص ولی کمی وجود دارن و حس مردانه تری به عطر میدن
رایحه مرکباتی ترنج تو این عطر حس خنک و شاداب نداره. فقط در حدی هست که به بوی تلخ و چوبی و شیرین عطر یه ته بوی ترش بده که خیلی جذابیت به بوی عطر میده
بوش خطیه و زیاد تغییر نمیکنه. فقط با گذر زمان بوی ترنج و رایحه های تند و ادویه ای ملایمتر میشن و شما ترکیب بوی چوب و وانیلُ تا آخر خواهید داشت
پخش بوی عطر خیلی ضعیفه و خودتون فقط متوجه بوش میشین و پس از گذشت 2 ساعت خودتون هم به سختی بوشو حس میکنین
ماندگاریش هم در حد 4 تا 6 ساعت هست که بدک نیست و متوسط به حساب میاد
بوی خیلی خوب و کیفیت ساخت خوبی داره اما بوی تقریبا تکراری و نه چندان متفاوت و پخش و ماندگاری کم اش آدمو راغب به خریدنش نمیکنه خصوصا با قیمت نسبتا بالایی که داره!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I was expecting something a little more unisex, but this comes across as soft and feminine. It's a sweet, comforting perfume, I get more floral and vanilla than I do wood notes. It sits close to the body and the longevity is superb, more than 8 hours on me. I wish on me that I got more of the spice and wood notes the previous reviewers have mentioned. It's nice, but not what I was looking for in my search for guaiac wood. I wanted something more CDG but this comes across more like the offerings of Parfumerie Generale.
EDIT: The longer this sits, only then does a slightly smoky-woodsy part come through. A lovely feminine scent still but that's just my opinion. A safe blind buy.

Migotka
Migotka

As a woman, I would definitely wear it. I actoually did not find it a typical masculine scent, a unisex- more so. It is woody, but soft at the same time, elegant, quiet, warm. Gaiac wood mixed with cloves and left in the heat of a summer day.

It is comforting, but also quite professional, clean. An excellent scent, for my liking a bit too close to the skin, I would like it to project more and envelope not only my writs. The staying power could be a bit better, 2/3 hours at most, for this price, is a bit disappointing.

malik2011
malik2011

At the beginning i thought that i would smell something sharp might be like *oud* obtrusive smell no no.It is a well blended frag and softly done you will enjoy smelling the gaiac wood in a very sophisticated way, smoked vanilla forms magic aura around the fragrance and the clove make it deliciously spicy cause both Vanilla + Clove played off each other very well.

Drawbacks : costly & after 2 hrs it stays there but rather close to skin. Thanx for Watching :)

new friend
new friend

غياك
هو عطري الأول من ميكاليف
من خلاله تعرفت على ميكاليف كشركة منتجة ومصنعة للعطور
أول ما بهرني عند استخدام العطر كان نقاء المكونات وجمالها
لطالما اقتنيت عطورا تضم خشب الغياك ولكنني أحببت هذه المرة أن أتعرف عليه بشكل أكثر تفصيلا وقربا.
وبالفعل يمكنني أن اصف لك خشب الغياك بأنه ليس بقوة أخشاب العود، أو حدة أخشاب الصندل، فهو نوع مختلف يعطيك شعورا بالاسترخاء والهدوء والشعور بالنشوة والتلذذ لمجرد استنشاق رائحتة العطرة.
بعيدا عن نوتات العطر:
المقدمة: برجموت
القلب: ياسمين وقرنفل.
القاعدة: خشب الغياك – فيتيفير – العنبر – الفانيلا
جاء العطر بشكل مختلف، تداخل المكونات والنوتات أيضا بحسب زعمي أعطى العطر شكلا فريدا
من أول وهلة يمكنك أن تدرك أنك أمام عطر ناعم ولكنه رجالي وكلاسيكي أيضا، ولكنه لا يخلو من العصرية، شيء جميل أن يجمع عطر مثل هذه الأوصاف التي قد تبدو متناقضة أو متضادة.
العطر بشكل عام ساحر.
من هذا النوع الذي يمكنه أن ينقلك في لحظات بعيدا عن عالمك الذي يحيط بك ويأخذك لأي مكان تحبه....
أعتقد أن العطر محمل بزيوت ثقيلة نوعا ما، لذا أراه مناسبا للإستخدام على البشرة مباشرة وليس على الملابس ربما يحتاج لحرارة الجسم لتساعده على التبخر والانتشار (هذه وجهة نظري)، لأنني من خلال التجربة على الملابس لم أجد له أثرا عاليا من ناحية الفوحان والانتشار ولكن عند وضعه مباشرة على بشرة الجلد أعطى إحساسا أقوى وأعمق، ولم يكن له أي تأثير ضار.

fanny
fanny

Exquisite gaiac wood.
Soft, warmed by vanilla. Subtle clove and bergamotte give it an excellent light touch.
This scent is luxurious, intruiging and calm.
I am impressed: love at first encounter.

Edit: sillage medium and longevity minimal

pom
pom

warm sweet woody scent. It doesn't last long on me maybe 6 hours max. Unisex Unique smooth and great quality.

I love Micallef's shop at Cannes beautiful decoration!

leecher88
leecher88

i sample it and i really like i but the problem is the price
30ml= 73 euro is too much
if its 70ml or 100ml 73 euro its ok
but for only 30 its no go !!

about the smell

sillage and projection are good also as longevity

and the thing why i like it is because the smell is mixed with woody notes and coocnut mmmm

Whenever I smell gaiac wood, I am reminded of its beauty and how well it blends with my chemistry. It's a shame that this note isn't used more often in perfumery.

M. Micallef Gaiac is a rather sensual and spicy woods scent. Although marketed for men, it's more unisex than masculine, with a soft jasmine accord in the opening and a smooth vanillary drydown. It's one of those fragrances that you can't help falling in love with.

It's the kind of scent that I crave during Autumn, when all the leaves are turning orange and red. The scent also makes me think of a tray of freshly baked spicy cookies, due to its rich, sweet and spicy warmth.

Some reviewers have picked up on the slight soapiness brought about by the fresh jasmine accord. While it doesn't smother the spices or the woods, it adds a rather interesting texture to this composition. Due to this clean floral soapiness, I would describe M. Micallef Gaiac as smooth and inoffensive.

When applied with a light hand, this fragrance is quite intimate and seductive on the skin, however when sprayed in abandon, it tends to settle more like a loud oriental. I also discovered that the scent varies depending on the weather.

This might sound odd, but whenever I wear M. Micallef Gaiac I picture myself as Pocahontas, an exotic Native American woman, very Disney-like in character, running through a lush forest. Perhaps all those years watching Disney films have gone to my head, but if the Disney character or the real Pocahontas ever wore a fragrance, I'd imagine it would smell very similar to M. Micallef Gaiac.

Lovely, soapy wood scent. It lacks the bite of other gaiac scents I've tried, being much softer, fairly sheer, almost comforting. It is a unisex scent: It isn't sweet enough to make it exclusively female nor is it sharp or woody enough to make it only for men. Compulsively sniffable. I really like this one.

shabbus
shabbus

I originally had this as a sample in a small vial. I liked the scent - it's almost ethereally light with a beautiful fresh cut wood angle. And so I put it into a spray vial that I had, and wow, what a difference! While the scent is still bright and feather light, it also has a sweet, fire smoke aspect. Like tsth mentioned, a cool mountain evening around a campfire. I don't have many FBs, but I think this one is FBW despite the painful price tag.
Having said all of that, it still feels as if there is a hole in the composition. I keep thinking '..this would smell fabulous if I added...' So when the bottle gets here, I guess I'm going to be spending a lot of time experimenting. Looking forward to it!

99twiga
99twiga

For men, 9/10, stays close to the skin, love it with no reservation, lasts 6 hours at a constant level. I went in with a daub of pure essential sandelwood oil and this was what I downselected to, bought it with a passion. I get a two part sense, sandelwood and something crisper on top. No headaches, no unpleasant edges.

An incredibly honest and well crafted spicy/woody composition which strikes me as extremely wearable and balanced. Woods are joined by a remarkable clove note that slightly leans towards the medicinal aroma but never gives the idea of going to the dentist. The drydonw is a comfortable woody/vanilla combo with just a tad of vetiver. Unpretentious but solid, sweet but never cloying, rich but not complex. Moderately powerful. Very, very nice.

Rating: 7-7.5/10

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Lovely - warm, sweet & woody, and very much unisex, or even feminine. Unfortunately did not last long enough on me. I felt comfortable wearing it and it didn't shout at me. Mmmm.

Adrien02
Adrien02

This is my most precious guaic note fragrance. Pure and unadulterated GUAIC!! I could bathe in it. Not overpowering but powerful in a subtle, self-assured way. I liken it to a sweet, powdery wood (if that makes sense). The jasmine is so subtle and the bergamont is not too strong.
Luckyscent.com lists these notes for Gaiac:
bergamont, jasmine, cloves, gaiac, vetiver, vanilla

nightflight
nightflight

The best fragrance ever, but it's feminine i think.

floof
floof

Unique, sweet and masculine, at first I thought it was for me, and the bottle seduced me into a fb purchase at the Lucky scent store. It turned out to be for a very important man in my life, I gave him the bottle and he wears it to this day. It would probably be wearable for me if I blended it with a vanilla, but I like it better on men I think.

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

i"ve got a sample from luckyscent.i understand that how smells guaiac wood.
it is exotic.i love it.i think this scent is the member of mankinds roots and deserves huge respect
i do not have the heart to spend little tester:))

10/8,5

da_markos
da_markos

Very nice, easy to wear scent. Vanilla note is wearable in this fragrance. It isn't so pushy, so offensive like in other scents. It's typical unisex perfume. Many says that this one is linear - right but i think that this is advantage. Gaiac note is so unique that if you like it you want to feel it all day long

tsth
tsth

This is my perfect sweet woods fragrance. Cool mountain evening around a campfire. Rich and smooth.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Gaiac as other Micallef's perfume is very noble, even though it is rather a straight smell – smell of the beautiful exotic tree – warm, sweet, a bit herbal. Quite a lot in it also a tasty vanilla. It smells very much exotic and at the same time aristocratically. It like very nice prince.Superb !

Gaiac by M. Micallef 4.54 out of 5 based on 151 ratings and 29 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about M. Micallef Gaiac fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about M. Micallef Gaiac, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gaiac by M. Micallef. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gaiac by M. Micallef represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.