Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Gardenia M. Micallef for women

Gardenia M. Micallef for women
dislike

Gardenia M. Micallef for women Pictures Gardenia M. Micallef for women Pictures

With a surprisingly fresh top-note, Gardenia fragrance is a deep, warm, mysterious and slightly earthy scent experience. Notes: Jasmine, Gardenia, Vanilla, Ambergris.

It is available as 30 and 100 ml EDP. Gardenia was launched in 2002. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Astier.

Jasmine Gardenia Amber Vanille

Isabey Gardenia
Isabey Fleur Nocturne
Gardenia
Gardenia No 41

Gardenia Fragrance Reviews

paneradfisk
paneradfisk

This starts a bit waxy, but not green or fresh. It dries down to warm, sweet, almost overripe decaying gardenia leaning tuberose due to its soft powder and fleshy, buttery scent. No coconut or tiare in sight, so it's not as tropical as some other white florals, but very realistic and creamy, and without any stems or greenery.

Isabey Gardenia is much more like budding gardenias, earthier, greener, and not very true to the name as it's also a blend of prominent ylang ylang. They are only a bit similar in the top notes. I absolutely prefer M. Micallefs gardenia, it's one of my favourite white florals and probably my favourite gardenia.

LisaandtheWord
LisaandtheWord

On me, it definitely has a sheer watery element to it.. the intense rich gardenia flavor is there but it's easy to wear. The water part makes me think of Marc Jacobs original, but this is all gardenia & no lily of the valley, so I like it more! I'm not noticing much amber, maybe a little vanilla, it does lean more sweet than green. I like how it smells like a real bloom floating on water!

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

This is a gardenia for gourmand lovers. The most prominent notes are gardenia and vanilla, very very rich. What I love about it is that it's not overly a flower bomb, like some perfumes of similar category can be, it's very gentle, feminine and you can smell the good quality of the ingredients. The package is absolutely beautiful, the bottle has gold Swarovski crystals on it, which a girly girl can really appreciate.
If you are gourmand and gardenia lover, this one is going to be the holy grail for you.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Gardenia opens very flowery, heaps of white flowers and some indoles. There is some sort of sultry, slightly powdery note in there that I can't identify in this mix. The scent develops even more flowery-- the ylang becomes stronger and I can clearly smell the vanilla in the base. The drydown is soft and gentle. White flowers on a vanilla base. The drydown-gardenia reminds me of the gardenia in Cartier La Panthère, with a slight tarry note.

Longevity is a bit disappointing. Sillage is moderate, but longevity is not as I hoped. Gardenia lasts only 2-3 hours on my skin.

The opening is amazing, but the performance is quite low. I wish the opening would take longer. Will definitely use the sample more often, but probably won't buy a full bottle.

muskymoi
muskymoi

I love the big beautiful opening of this perfume. Sadly, it doesn't last more than an hour or two and for the price tag, it's not a smart purchase... But, dang it, that first hour is exquisite.

dreamcatcher
dreamcatcher

I love this scent and since I got it I almost always wear it. It's feminine and unique enough to not resemble any other scents I ever had or tested.

The top amber notes are warm and almost overwhelming but once it sets down it gets cooler and flower-ier. I believe, this is the softest gardenia I've ever tested, nothing like aggressive Jo Malone's Vintage Gardenia or crispy-clean Chanel's Gardenia. Probably, it's just the right amount of vanilla (which I am generally not fond of) that compliments the flower notes and make the scent powdery but not dusty.

You'll never be unnoticed wearing this scent. Several times strangers would approach me with a question what was the perfume I wore.

The many different "collections" at the house of Micallef are a bit confusing to navigate, but this perfume, Gardenia, appears to be one of the "Exclusifs". To my nose, this is a big fat floral fragrance with a powdery facet reminiscent of some of the big fat floral fragrances launched by Bond no 9 over the past couple of years. Central Park South and Central Park West (not Central Park, which bears no resemblance to them at all!) come to mind as examples of super-floral compositions with a femme-d'un-certain-âge feeling to them.

It's a particular style which appeals to some but not others. In the mainstream, lower- price tier, I'd compare this to something along the lines of Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds but without the aldehydes. There is definitely a somewhat oriental feeling to the composition, which makes sense looking at the note pyramid, as it includes both amber and vanilla, but mostly this is a super floral bouquet. Gardenia looms large, but the jasmine and ylang-ylang are evident, and I almost imagine some narcissus, though that's probably because I'm thinking of the similar creations from Bond no 9, all or most of which feature big blasts of narcissus.

As this is a haute-niche-priced perfume, Exclusif Gardenia is not a safe blind buy, unless you already know that you like the big fat florals chez Bond no 9. Needless to say, you must also love gardenia. Other notes include sandalwood, musk, and peach, but this is not soapy at all, and after the big blaring opening, I found the longevity to be a bit disappointing.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Ok, I got mini from mister_chaz, how sweet~! This perfume is gorgeous! The most creamy, velvety, soft gardenia you can think of. The silage is not great, but the lasting power is very good. It smells innocent and natural, yet there is a seductive quality in it which makes me want a full bottle. I cannot sense any vanilla or ambergris, but I must assume these give the perfume its creaminess. It's so feminine, fresh and beautiful, unpretentious yet very classy. It just seems to elude a ladylike vibe, very aristocratic.
Edit: I wore it again, in warmer weather. It appeared quite strong this time, good sialge and lasting power too! Seems to intensify with the heat. It also became a bit soapy, which isn't a good thing for me.
Almost identical to Billionaire Boyfriend. So much that I am tempted to say.... save your money and buy that one instead. Except that this one has a gorgeous bottle while that one has a horrible one.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

I've tried it!
But I still did not buy it, its on my must have list ;>
It's as I recall a very fresh floral scent, mostly gardenia... I don't remember the vanilla or the amber, I should try it again.. what I liked about it is that its a very soft feminine morning fragrance..
I hope I helped!
I will review it again once I've purchased it ;>

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about M. Micallef Gardenia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about M. Micallef Gardenia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Gardenia by M. Micallef. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Gardenia by M. Micallef represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.