Designers » M » Oriental « Groups

Mon Parfum M. Micallef for women

Mon Parfum M. Micallef for women
dislike

caramel
Mon Parfum M. Micallef for women Pictures Mon Parfum M. Micallef for women Pictures Mon Parfum M. Micallef for women Pictures Mon Parfum M. Micallef for women Pictures Mon Parfum M. Micallef for women Pictures

Mon Parfum is a creation of Martine MICALLEF to expresses her desire to develop her own personal fragrance. It is a fragile feminine yet seductive composition of unusual blend of notes.

It opens with mandarin and orange blossom, followed by vetiver, vanilla and passion fruit. Patchouli, musk and caramel form the base.

It is available as 100 ml EDP. Mon Parfum was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Astier.

African Orange flower Mandarin Orange

Layla

Mon Parfum Fragrance Reviews

morphine_dreams
morphine_dreams

Thierry Mugler Angel. It always confused me, and I know I'm not alone in this, because in a way it's kind of repulsive, and yet I still sort of love it. But it was always missing something, like rough gem, it's beautiful but not polished. Calling Angel unpolished is a bit of an understatement, but you get the point. But what if Angel were less rough and wild, not just in it's character but in the composition itself. What if it were better blended, the gourmand notes were richer, it lacked that distinct pine-sol accord, and the patchouli was more luminous, turning into a chypre-gourmand fusion? Then you'd have Mon Parfum. I adore it. It's what I've always wanted Angel to be.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

I've been exploring my sample of Mon Parfum and while it is very pleasant it is just meh to me. It is reminiscent of a lady-like vintage-esque yet modern classic. But it does not smell "dated". It is safe for all occasions and could be a signature. I put it up there with Chanel and Guerlain classics. They are also not my style. I do find some very faint similarities to Angel and Wish I'm assuming it's the patch, vanilla and caramel instead of chocolate. Since both of those are awful on my skin and this isn't, I can now vaguely see the passion for Angel and for that reason I will stop looking for an Angel-esque frag for me. Just as I have given up on Chanel and Guerlain. That safe feminine classic quality bores me. For those that love Angel but are "afraid" of it or its too "in your face" this might be a gentle subtle and (expensive) alternative. Not sure if this gets a vote from me. It is definitely not bad just not me.

freakypirate
freakypirate

Opens sweet and creamy. Light flower and citrus fruit notes appear quickly. The scent then turns into a honey, orange blossom and fresh fruits scent, with sweet base notes. I barely get any patchouli in the base, the vetiver is much stronger on me. The musk does not appear until drydown, giving it a briny edge. The drydown is a bit powdery too, with orange fruity notes on top.

Sillage is moderate, longevity also moderate.

Mon Parfum is a very feminine scent. It is sweet, but not like candy. The orange and caramel notes aren't very gourmand to me. The caramel is a bit cloying for me and gives me a headache, I understand the comparison to Angel. Best part about this scent is are sweet orange and the delicate orange flower notes with the briny musky base.

stacia79
stacia79

A really nice caramel patchouli, very much like the kind found in Angel. The difference in this one is that it's far more restrained and lacking the abundance of patchouli and other crazy notes that Angel possesses. This is a more sophisticated and secretive caramel patchouli. I can actually wear this one.

The sillage is enourmous in my opinion. Very little is needed to get scent trails all day long.

I'm realizing that all my favorite scents have these contrasts...light playful caramel and orange notes against dark woodsy patchouli or manly vetiver. I like the yin and yang playing with my nose I guess.

@wilbs please send me all your scented toilet paper, do you take paypal? ;) <3

wilbs
wilbs

Have you ever wondered why toilet paper is scented (considering what it's used for)? I have.

Interestingly enough, Mon Parfum M. Micallef seems to be the scent of choice for many a dunny roll manufacturer; sweet, floral and clean.

Please don't misconstrue, I love Mon Parfum and I highly doubt factories of toilet tissue douse their product in such a luxury perfume. I feel it's more a happy accident.

Mon Parfum a delicate scent, and very well balanced despite most ingredients being the main players in other fumes. Rather than fruitchouli battling the caramel and musk, they work together to create something as sweet, floral and clean smelling as expensive triple ply.

hadassa

Another take on MON PARFUM: the more I wear it, the more I see that I need it in my life.

Today it does not smell like ANGEL to me, it is more similar to... surprisingly enough, NARCISO RODRIGUEZ FOR HER (EDT). Oh, this sexy, clean, sultry musk of NR, how I enjoy it!

People who, like me, have been enamored with the black NR for years, might find themselves craving MON PARFUM like crazy!

If we compare perfumes here, I would say that MON PARFUM is an amazingly successful crossover between Angel and NR. It is sweeter, much more gourmand and more "femme" than NR and lighter and more wearable than Angel.

I love the slightly tacky bottle, the colors, the sparkling particles... the packaging fits its contents like a glove.

I still cannot decide if it goes to my wishlist, as it does not last long, at least no longer than 2-3 hours. I'm not very exacting when it comes to longevity, but still, poor staying power is a considerable flaw.

hadassa

Well, for a gourmand lover like me it's almost impossible to not fall in love upon the opening of MON PARFUM. It is strikingly similar to TM ANGEL, just without all the stench (I do like Angel, just cannot wear it).

I even get the same strange olfactory illusion from this that I do from Angel. As far as I know I'm the only person who feels salty freshness in ANGEL: it has a literal smell of seashore to me. Yeah, loads of patchouli, honey, caramel, cotton candy and salty sea waves! Here they are in MON PARFUM as well. Caramel, fruits, patchouli, citruses, musk and sea.

It's a wonderful scent, and much more wearable than its "parent", but still dreadfully unoriginal. And yes, I would love to have it :)

katoy4
katoy4

Hmm, no, this one is not for me. Patchouli is hit or miss for me, and this is the kind that definitely doesn't work on me, in the vein of Chanel Chance or Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights. I found this scent turned a bit plasticky too. I understand the comparisons to Angel (which I also don't like). However I could see that it could be lovely on someone else.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

A perfect caramel and patchouli combination for me. Caramel plays tricks with my skin, like in TOF Alien, although the initial hit of burnt sugar is wonderful, alas it becomes totally synthetic/artificial on me. This was definitely, thankfully not the case with Mon Parfum. For me, I look at it as Pink Sugar Sensual all grown up. Missing the overkill pink and silliness of teenage hood/early twenties and evolving into an elegant, composed woman with a history of pink and silliness, who still enjoys her candy, albeit in more refined and subdued ways. The patchouli here definitely doesn't cry headshop, far from it. Once again there were probably headshop visits in her history but now the only musk and patchouli in her life come from perfume and other delicately fragranted offerings. Sillage is polite and won't cause the others in a crowded space to gag and pass out, but it definitely spells its presence well. Longevity is acceptable for me, more than five hours and still going strong. I am very grateful to finally test this beauty from a generous sample passed on from a wonder member here. I have managed to convince myself that despite the overwhelming sugared scents and patchouli scents I already own, this one is special and deserves a place in my home.

Cereza
Cereza

MON PARFUM is a true beauty, it's feminine, classy, elegant and very pretty. It has the perfect balance of sweet caramel and patchouli, it never gets too sweet, nor too bitter, it has the perfect quality of a grown up gourmand scent.

Unfortunately it did had a staying power of only 4 hours. Nevertheless this is worth a try if you seek a perfect caramel scent for elegant ladies not willing to smell like a piece of candy.

kris919
kris919

I'm going to end my day of sampling bad stuff on a high note. M. Micallef's Mon Parfum is a beautiful feminine fruity patchouli scent that doesn't smell synthetic, doesn't smell cheap, and doesn't smell like a million other things. That isn't to say this is a unique stand-alone fragrance, only that it is made extremely well. The orange blossom is bright and sweet, the passion fruit is very subtle/slightly tropical, patchouli is perfectly blended and not dirty, the caramel is creamy, and the musk note is not overbearing or soapy...it's just clean and soft. Although I generally prefer a darker style fruitcholi, I can appreciate this as a top quality very feminine sweet perfume. projection is soft, longevity is 4 hours-ish

Eos

Gorgeous, one of my personal perfume Holy Grails.

Effervescent passion fruit, voluptuous patchouli, Egyptian musk, dusky orange blossom and creamy caramel combine to make a divine scent. It is surprisingly soft and comfortable for a composition with such moody ingredients. This is half fruitchouli and half sensual woody floral musk. The closest comparison I can make is to say that this is the half way point between Angel and Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT (black bottle) with a good dose of fruitiness thrown in to smooth the transition. If you love either, you will probably at least like this.

It is not really a gourmand but there is certainly a sweet, edible almost doughy feel to Mon Parfum. The dry down is a beautiful Egyptian musk, caramelized patchouli and orange blossom that feels not only signature worthy, but very personal. I can understand why this was created as a gift to Martine Micallef. Definitely full bottle worthy. A must smell.

Thanks to Christinasegal123 for introducing me to this, it almost immediately became my signature scent!

ETA: there is also a note that sometimes appears in this that is very pleasantly reminiscent of soft wax or certain lipsticks. I can't even guess what's causing it apart from skin chemistry. Happily, I love it!

onaona
onaona

M. Micallef Mon Parfum is the fragrance I wear in my fairytale. It's wonderfully enchanting.

Initially Angel-like, but far more angelic and sophisticated. Sweet caramel, warm musk and a tamed...... but very much present patchouli, are at the center of this beautiful composition.

Mon Parfum is delicate.... a fragile but continuous presence when I breathe it in. It's feminine; insistent yet carefree and remarkably eloquent when it speaks to me.

It doesn't enslave. It's not a subjugating or powerful fragrance. It has, nonetheless, cast an equally binding spell over my olfactory heart.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I personally don't smell the orange as some of the other reviewers have noted. I distinctly smell the caramel right off the bat. At first I was not excited as I am not a super sweet fan, but as time went on I could smell the warmth of the patchouli and musk. I like it very much, but it wears close to the skin not a lot of projecting here. It also stays on about 3 to 4 hours. Considering the price I would want a little more staying power. :)

raw umber
raw umber

Though this fragrance is appropriate for a wide range of occasions, I do think this would be an excellent fragrance for comforting someone who is having a bad hallucination.

Mon Parfum by Martine Micallef opens with sweet orange fuzz. It smells clean in the way that orange candy smells clean. Though orange is listed in the top notes with passion fruit in the heart, I cannot detect much tartness or acidity in Mon Parfum, and I cannot really detect the passion fruit at all, which is fine with me. It is a perfectly balanced.

Almost immediately, the patchouli and vetiver show up to anchor MP and lend it some depth, ensuring that the orange candy cloud won't envelop me or drift away.

I find Mon Parfum to be incredibly satisfying. Of the four different samples MM was kind enough to give me, this one is my favorite, after the dark and mysterious Emir.

MP is like taking a walk in light fresh snow when you are wearing just the right amount of layers, with occasional hints of moist, nectar-like sweetness drifting up to your nose from the warmth of your scarf.

While I wouldn't give it high marks for true to life- smelling notes, I have nothing against synthetic elements (if done tastefully without bitter chemical "aftertaste"). MP never jabs me with any faintly off-putting chemical notes not intended to be part of its personality. When composing a fruit-chuli or similar type of fragrance, I think the chemical aftertaste factor is one of the biggest risks, and Mon Parfum succeeds in avoiding it.

Its composition is fluid and seamless, never coming close to cloying. It has moderate sillage and good longevity, and is a light scent, but not really a delicate one. It proclaims: I am happy, just as I am.
Now, say it with me: "I AM HAPPY, JUS-...."

In the dry down, I am left with a sweet, clean musk that is reminiscent of the dry down in MM's Ananda, though where Ananda's pear-centered fruit opening and formulaic dry down does not leave much of an impression on me overall, Mon Parfum makes me want to reach for it again and again in order to relive that uplifting, fuzzy sweet orange progression.

We've gotten to the point where it is no longer meaningful to refer directly all the way back to Thierry Mugler ANGEL for every single post-ANGEL sweet patchouli perfume. No, many of these perfumes, including MON PARFUM by Micallef, are much closer to some of the by now fairly well-known so-called knock-offs or clones of the Dark Angel. A couple of days back, I was pointing out that another perfume often compared to ANGEL was really much closer to Molinard NIRMALA. Today, over the course of the day I realized that MON PARFUM is closer to NUITS DE NOHO by Bond no 9 than it is to ANGEL. Why?

Both NUITS DE NOHO and MON PARFUM have edited out--or rather never included--the purple gooey over-the-top opening of ANGEL. They both smell much more natural and of much high-quality materials. But NUITS DE NOHO has much more white floral activity going on. MON PARFUM is closer to the slightly doughy caramelized patchouli drydown of ANGEL. So why do I think that MON PARFUM is closer to NUITS DE NOHO than to ANGEL? Because it is actually pleasant to wear!

I do have to wonder why this perfume was launched. I was expecting something really new and distinct coming under the title MON PARFUM. I understand (I think) the story, that this perfume was in fact created much earlier than 2009, but it could easily be lost in the post-ANGEL tsunami. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised at how favorable the reviews and ratings of this perfume have been, all things considered...

muskymoi
muskymoi

so delicate. so ladylike. so expensive. I'm hoarding my sample because I just can't afford the price tag of this beauty. I've read reviews on LuckyScent where people have said this one isn't special enough to warrant the price tag. I think it's a subjective matter of opinion. This one is really special to me and having it on me makes me want improve my posture, stop chewing gum, have high tea, and walk in heels without wobbling.

Norgirl
Norgirl

lovely lovely lovely caramel, vanilla ,patcholie whit a sweet fruity touch. whit a slight hint off orange flowers. a very good blended perfume . I see that some find it siilar to Angel TM . to me they are not very similar this is much easyer to wear . feminin and beautiful. like a vail on the skin .not very strong , but decent. like it alot

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

My skin radiates the patchouli and caramel, with a long lasting honey-orange note. The musk smooths the other notes out rather than making a statement of its own. Well done and seamlessly blended. Reminds me a bit of deep, vintage Coco Chanel. Really love this juice!

tschiepchen
tschiepchen

On me Mon Parfum opens with a blast of patchouli.
I cannot help but think Mon Parfum's top notes smell just like Angel EDP.
Patchouli takes centre stage for about an hour before sweet caramel and sunny, yellow, fruity notes come out to play.
So, yes, you will have to wait for the fragrance to develop if the initial strong patchouli note is not quite what you wanted or expected.
All in all, Mon Parfum is mainly about patchouli with yellow citrus notes and sweet caramel.

The sillage is average at best once the initial patchouli cloud has settled.
1 ml (!) Mon Parfum stayed on my skin for about 4 hours.

I think that Mon Parfum is best classified as a fruity chypre.
It would be an ideal pick for Angel fans who look for a more wearable summer version of their favourite and I recommend it to everyone who would love to love Angel but cannot bear Angel's über-presence of patchouli.
Definitely worth a try.

piscianna34
piscianna34

Really not original,My Passion Gres is version unsophisticated with cheap materials .
Mon parfum uses top quality ingredients

maltatude
maltatude

i love this perfume!! it is a luxe oriental gourmand fragrance, extremely classy and well balanced.

memechose
memechose

Nothing fragile about it... as Carnelian wrote . Mon Parfum was Madame Miccalef's personal fragrance until her husband perfumer G. Nedjman persuaded her to release it to the public. The combination of orange blossom, passion fruit,(my skin pulls this) vanilla and caramel lend Mon Parfum a luxurious feel, like wearing a satin strapless dress under a cashmere sweater. not a gourmand. this is a fruity floral the way a fruity floral can smell when its composed by an Artist.
Where I disagree with Carnelian, is that there is nothing in my opinion by AG that comes close

Carnelian
Carnelian

This is a yummy scent, not original, but pretty nonetheless. The description calls it "fragile feminine" and I totally disagree - the Annick Goutals, etc. qualify for that. I don't find this particularly delicate! Make sure to spray this one on to a card or wrist, because it takes a minute to get past that citrus "bug repellant" smell. Once there, it develops into a lovely, well-blended, musky, warm & sweet floral citrus, with good complexity. The vanilla helps make it a little creamy, but isn't the main note, and the vetiver gives it some green (more like a touch of sour) so it's not cake-ish. I don't get much passionfruit. For me, the patchouli has been added with a light hand, and just gives it a little more depth, so don't let that scare you if you're not a fan. The caramel doesn't come in until a couple hours in to wearing, and again, it keeps the patch. toned down. Decent staying power.

Later note: I agree with some of the other reviews, it's a fruity chypre, I find it similar to frags like John Varvatos or Badgely Mischka. It's sweet, but not foody. sweet.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about M. Micallef Mon Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about M. Micallef Mon Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mon Parfum by M. Micallef. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mon Parfum by M. Micallef represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.