Designers » M » Oriental « Groups

dislike

I have it: 6 I want it: 12

oud
Nasreen M. Micallef for women and men Pictures

Nasreen is a fragrance created by M. Micallef exclusively for Parfumerie Nasreen of Seattle, Washington, USA.

In keeping with the traditions of M. Micallef, the exquisite scent is crafted from the finest ingredients, using the expert craftsmanship of the finest French perfumers. Nasreen features traditional Middle Eastern top notes of rose and saffron on a warm heart of incense, honey and delicious gingerbread aromas. The base of Nasreen features patchouli, white musk and precious Suyufi oud.

Nasreen is available as Eau de Parfum in bottles of 100 ml, featuring hand-painted designs by Martine Micallef. Nasreen was launched in 2012.

Rose Saffron

Honey Incense Gingerbread

Patchouli Agarwood (Oud) White Musk

Nasreen Fragrance Reviews

Eos
Eos

I sampled this yesterday while speaking with its lovely namesake. Nasreen sprayed my arm down with 4 sprays of it since I was too shy to apply more than a squirt. "You know it's good because it's got my name on it!" She laughed and exclaimed happily.

This is a scent worthy of having ones name on, to be sure.

This is good quality oud paired with a beautiful powdery musky rose, saffron, patchouli and an indistinct sweet-creamy note that is not quite vanillic. It opens rosey-powdery and a bit sweet with a hint of oud. As it dries down the oud becomes more prominent, the powder recedes a bit and an old-school chypre quality comes to the forefront. It feels like a modern take on a chypre with a middle eastern woody-musk twist. It is really pretty.

When I met up with my husband wearing a cloud of this, his words were "What is that?! You smell sooooo good!" I told him it was a Micallef and his response was "It figures!"

It does indeed figure. It is made impeccably from high quality ingredients which comes through. This is worth of a sample if you love all of the following things: oud, old-school chypres and rose musks. If any one of those are not your style, this won't fit.

heymoe9
heymoe9

I got a sample of this and decided to give it a try. When I first put it on there was a sharp scent that was unpleasant. It wasn't patchouli or oud, those I can handle, but it calmed down into more of a rose scent. After an hour the scent is very faint and mostly has a whisper of floral incense.

Looking at the notes I wanted to smell some honey and more incense. It isn't something I will spend my $235 on.

Nasreen by M. Micallef 4.29 out of 5 based on 10 ratings and 2 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about M. Micallef Nasreen fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about M. Micallef Nasreen, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nasreen by M. Micallef. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nasreen by M. Micallef represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Cuir de Russie Carner Barcelona D600 Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Golden Cattleya Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel 28 La Pausa Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose Serge Lutens Daim Blond Frederic Malle Carnal Flower Tom Ford Noir de Noir Laboratorio Olfattivo Alambar Le Labo Poivre 23 London Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue Pour le Soir Serge Lutens Bois de Violette Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes Red Cattleya Nasomatto Nuda Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Amouage Ubar Chanel Chanel N°5 Lancome Cuir de Lancome (La Collection Fragrances)