Designers » M » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Note Vanillee M. Micallef for women

Note Vanillee M. Micallef for women
dislike

rum
Note Vanillee M. Micallef for women Pictures Note Vanillee M. Micallef for women Pictures Note Vanillee M. Micallef for women Pictures Note Vanillee M. Micallef for women Pictures

Note Vanillee by M. Micallef is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Note Vanillee was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Astier. Top notes are mandarin orange and citruses; middle notes are jasmine and floral notes; base notes are sandalwood, amber, vanilla, rum and cognac.

Mandarin Orange Citruses

Queen by Queen Latifah

Note Vanillee Fragrance Reviews

june7rose
june7rose

So many people consider this the holy grail of sexy fragrances, and I just don't get it. It smells like eau de old lady to me. Yes, it has a nice level of vanilla, which I love, but it also has a vintage-20's-30's-bottleof-Guerlain feel to it I can't get past. Honestly -- it smells like a grandmother, a rich grandmother perhaps, but still a grandmother, the antithesis of sexy. I can't fairly recommend people not try it, because so many people have luck with it, but do yourself a favor and sample before you buy a fb. I can't say anything but yuck, but on the up side if you do like it, it does last forever, no amount of soap would get it off.

hsheep
hsheep

Thank goodness I only kinda like this, it being discontinued and now uber rare and expensive. But even if it was still available I'd save my money for a different vanilla perfume I love more. It's a very beautiful and boozy vanilla and I also get a very fruity vibe from it, almost peachy. It's pretty but a little too light to warrant purchasing it. On me it was basically a skin scent and lasted about 3 hours. I'm glad I grabbed a sample and will enjoy it while it lasts.

annajurgenson
annajurgenson

I absolutely love this fragrance. I feel like I can drink it, eat it and so on, that is how delicious it smells to me. I have been looking for a boozy vanilla like that and that is just spot on. It smells like fluffy rum pound cake, but a thousand times better. Sandalwood keeps it creamy and rum and cognac drizzled over the vanilla give it gentle sweetness. It stays on my skin a good while and I am about to eat my arm off.

małgorzata.kupiec
małgorzata.kupiec

Instant love. It's like freshly baked plum cake with icing sugar on top, stil hot from the oven and just drizzled with rum-cognac punch. Finished with smooth amber accord. Very gourmand, very sweet, very potent, absolutely beautiful. Kinda similar to Vanille Orient, so if you missed this one maybe not all is lost.

I dont detect any flowers in it, I was even surprised that they supposed to be there.

lilalina
lilalina

Wow this is sweet.. and fruity too - more than i expected.. The combination with the rum gives it a very warm, dramatic and dark feeling. It smells very luxurious.

naht
naht

Just saw that Luckyscent now has Micallef Note Vanillee back in stock, anyone know if it's the same fragrance?

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Very boozy vanilla!
I was hoping for a bit more citrus, but the booze is overpowering the citrussy top notes.
Very linear booze, vanilla, sandalwood and a hint of amber.
No citrus and no florals to my nose.
I saw someone saying it's similar to Lira,... I disagree.
Lira is all about the blood orange, caramel and vanilla and is much more potent, much richer, more edible and more interesting to me than Note Vanille. Good sillage and long lasting.
Note Vanille is a skin scent on me.
I'm already the happy owner of Lira, which to me is the epitome of a true gourmand!

edit: I'm sure Note Vanille will leave stains on your clothes as it leaves this peachy color on my skin...

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

This is THE Holy Grail Lolita scent. It opens with a soft and innocent candied orange scent, very much like the jellied orange slices made by Brach. In the background is a quiet, but dirty note - must be the booze, but on me it smells like oud. It gets louder as the fragrance unfurls. This is my favorite part because you cannot smell it directly if you press your nose to your wrist, you can only smell it when it wafts up from your skin. The jellied orange is joined by a spiced rum, heavy on the nutmeg for the duration of the heart. It’s like watching an innocent little girl eating candy, only to realize she’s washing it down with rum. The dry down is a skanky vanilla that sits very close to the skin with a more pronounced spiced rum note. It’s almost exactly like the oud in Xerjoff Mamluk, except the Mamluk is clean & skanky and this oud is dirty and skanky. I feel like the little girl eating candy is not only drunk, but slutty too.
Because this is discontinued, you can create almost the same effect by layering Missoni Missoni for the jellied orange note, add Mamluk Xerjoff for the vanilla oud, and add just a dab of Dame Perfumerie Black Flower Mexican Vanilla for the nutmeg spiced vanilla. I liked the idea of this scent and how it constantly changed on my skin, but I did not care for the heavy nutmeg. If I were to test drive this again, I’d probably layer it with Missoni Missoni for a bit more of the gorgeous jellied oranges and to play down the spices. The additional orange might sober up the heavy spiced rum a bit more to my liking.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

For the longest time I envisioned this would be my HG vanilla scent. I was on the hunt for a long time, and finally a sample site has decants available [get it while you can!]. I got a 1.5ml spray decant, I thought about getting more but the price was pretty hefty to blind buy much more of something I had never tried.

I am so glad I got to try this. It reminds me a lot of Xerjoff Lira, with the citrus and vanilla mix. When it dries down I get a boozy, slightly powdered vanilla ala Guerlain SDV. Lasting power is decent. I like this perfume, I could see where it would be 'THE ONE' for a lot of people if it was still around. The bottle on here looks gorgeous too, shame it's not around anymore.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I got a 1mL sample of this from The Perfumed Court for almost $10 because this is a hard to find and expensive perfume. The notes listed and the positive reviews here convinced me to try it. I dabbed a tiny bit of my tiny sample on more than 8 hours ago. When I first put it on, I got a rum/non descriptive alcohol-like smell that alarmed me slightly. Then something magical happened and it turned into a lovely warm lightly spiced vanilla. I guess this is the difference between mass-produced perfumes and 'niche' perfumes- the quality of this perfume is pretty obvious. Sillage is moderate and longevity is excellent (since it's been about 8 or so hours since I put this on now). I've always wondered what the old Australian version of Original Vanilla by The Body Shop smelled like and I'm thinking that it might have smelled something like this- albeit Note Vanillee does have a kind of herbal note lingering in the background (the amber and citrus?). This is a lovely, creamy vanilla without any hint of being synthetic. It's too bad that I'll never have the opportunity to get a full bottle of this wonderful perfume.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I am having a hard time taking this brand seriously. The many releases, the common-place themes, the bad quality press release photos, the sheer ugliness of their flagship store but most of all their bottles with the faux glued-on diamonds and gold paint scream amateurish. When I take into account the high pricetag then I am really hoping that the juice will WOW me. Did this happen with this release? I'm afraid not.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

This is (IMHO) hands-down the absolute best Vanilla fragrance EVER! (And believe me I've sampled, if not all, at very least most of them.) For anyone who loves vanilla this is an 'HG' vanilla if ever there was one. A rich, boozy and smoky bourbon vanilla at it's very best (& most delicious!) - Trust me, you won't be sorry. :)
It's unfortunately now getting very hard to find, so if you're lucky enough to get your hands on a bottle, I'd recommend you jump on it pronto. ... I'd also recommend if at all possible to rather go with the original edition (with flacon as pictured above), which is somewhat superior to the 2nd limited-edition re-release (even though this 'Art Collection' edition, with it's black-crystal-spotted bottle, is actually the far more attractive design-wise.) The differences between the two aren't that major, but still discernible to an astute nose, and the original is definitely the better option. Still, this 2nd-edition is better than just about any other vanilla going, so still definitely worthy of snapping up if the only one you can find (or just prefer the flacon's design.)

hnyc
hnyc

My first try of this I loved it. It was pure vanilla, boozy and citrus and went fabulously with my chemistry. I tried it again and there is something in it that creates a BO smell on my skin! Interestingly Angel does the same thing to me, I think it smells great on others but on my skin it literally smells like BO. I was so disappointed when note vanillee did this to me. I can't figure out what note is doing it! I thought in angel it was the patchouli however I don't see that as a note in this one.

[email protected]
gemlady01@gmail.com

I have fallen in love with Note Vanille. I have three small bottles and I'm hoarding those. There is something about this I just can't get over.
This is the M.Micallef which is becoming so hard to find.

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

I fell in love with this scent the very first time I tried it, and every time I wear it, I fall in love all over again.

Note Vanillée is essentially a multi-layered gourmand, opening with a grand entrance of juicy citruses, and then developing into a smoky, deep, rich caramelized bourbon vanilla with subtle fruity undertones.

The dry down is very smooth and warm, and a real winter scent. It boasts an inherent coziness that seems to envelop me whenever I wear it. The booziness underlies the luxurious vanilla, which is not only comforting, but gives the fragrance a sexy edge.

I'm trying not to use my bottle up too quickly, because of the price tag, which is too high in my opinion, so unfortunately I don't wear it that often.

To be honest, it doesn't last long enough to merit that kind of price...but I couldn't resist buying it, because the scent is THAT good...(while it lasts).

But even if you don't want to spend that kind of money to invest in a full bottle, this is worth a try for any oriental vanilla or gourmand lovers.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

This is hands down one of the BEST vanilla fragrances I have ever had a chance to try.
I am wearing my sample right now and I am in a sweet, boozy, slightly smokey vanilla heaven! Like a delicious, sophisticated but strictly grown-up vanilla dessert.
It has serious depth and lasting power. Sillage is not huge but every now and then I get a yummy whiff of this precious elixir as a gentle reminder whispering "I`m still here"
I like my perfumes with rather noticeable sillage so I have decided that to me Note Vanille is a bit too shy to justify the high pricetag, but it is definitely beautiful and seriously worth trying.

zapling
zapling

Wonderful wonderful wonderful oh the first sniff of this is breathtaking. It is sweet and warm, not coconut beach warm, but dusty orange sunset drowned in mango liquor warm. After a while something spicy-ish, smoky-ish comes through, but only juuuuust to the point where it is interesting, secret and sexy, it stays sweet throughout. The downside is that the lasting power is low. After about 3 hours, most is gone. What lasts is a little vanilla; not bad, but not so special either. On the other hand - this is not something to wear to the office. The only place I can see this fit is a classy, crowded night club. So maybe it shouldn't be expected to last all day long.

possumke
possumke

wooooaahhh, this one punches straight out with cognac, rum and vanilla, strong and very boozy. Then given a few minutes to settle, a softer chocolate and smokey vanilla aroma come forward, and it is absolutely delectable!
One of the best grown up, natural vanilla scents I have ever had the pleasure of sampling.
Although it is very pricey, the lasting power is seemingly very good, and the sillage is close. Shame it's disconinued as I would highly recommend this one.

9154mf
9154mf

For me one of the best vanilla scents- ever.

trax
trax

Reminds me alot of Ambre Narguile in the top notes. No matter if it's not all listed I find apples, vanilla, amber and cinnamon. At one point I experience it as a less balanced Ambre Narguile with added rum. The rum lifts the composition somewhat by adding an alcoholic edge, as if you had left the Narguile to ferment/brew a little. But I still prefer Narguile at this stage.
Later it has gone from Ambre Narguile into L by Lolita Lempicka, and I start to wonder why i did not find L here sooner. The mysterious apple stays all through the drydown which ends up warmly as L with yeah, added apple.
On second try I find L alot sooner, but then again now I know it's there ;)
Beautiful, and if I hadn't found Narguile first and been a little tired of L, this would be perfect!

floof
floof

Boozy honey vanilla, now housed in a different but equally beautiful bottle- a rectangular bottle with a circle of some sort of shimmery black gems. I always get compliments with this fragrance. This is what I was hoping Guerlain SDV would smell like, but that one was watery and impotent on my skin and this one is fragrant for hours.
I love it with chanel #5 pure parfum, one of my favorite combos!

Citrus vanilla. Not much different than L de Lempicka, except that Lempicka is richer and deeper. This has a crisp edge to the citrus, but it is very same-y to me and doesn't stand out much. I wish I got the boozy edge others are talking about.

rania
rania

I bought this perfume blind from ebay. I am so glad I did this. I received it yesterday. I am a vanilla lover and I was looking for something special. This is one of the most beautifull smells I have ever encountered. It is not a typical vanilla scents. It does not have a common smell, like a cake. Note Vanillee is, on me, a pure, soft, gentle vanilla. I smelled my wrists all day long and I felt the perfume around me.

inikaurora
inikaurora

I got it in winter,longing for Christmas to come...And it is Christmas inside the bottle!Vanilla is overpowering from the beginning,but after sometime it developes as tiramisu-like scent.Enveloping,extremely strong fragrance with edable notes...When you feel like to be eaten alive-go for it.
Use just a tiny bit!Can give you headache if sprayed a lot!

veruska
veruska

Micallef's are very expensive and they seem like objects of luxury, than serious work of artful perfumery. I do admit that in the start i have dismiss that but after the fourth time i wear it i find it nice (although too pricy).The mandaring opening shows a good quality of materials, sweet tarty and slightly vanillic. For me anything vanilla like ends there. From ther on it's a subtle jasmine scent, that ends in a well classicist sandalwoody end. pretty but not exciting

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about M. Micallef Note Vanillee fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about M. Micallef Note Vanillee, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Note Vanillee by M. Micallef. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Note Vanillee by M. Micallef represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.