Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Royal Muska M. Micallef for women

Royal Muska M. Micallef for women
dislike

yellow floral
Royal Muska M. Micallef for women Pictures Royal Muska M. Micallef for women Pictures Royal Muska M. Micallef for women Pictures Royal Muska M. Micallef for women Pictures Royal Muska M. Micallef for women Pictures

This is the fragrance of tanned skin, of hot days and sultry nights, the heavenly aroma of passionate tropical paradise.

Royan Muska is infused with the creamy sensuality of ylang-ylang and roses. The base of benzoin and ripe fruits puts a delicious twist on the composition, giving it a tropical aura.

It is available as 100 ml EDP: Royal Muska was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Astier.

Raspberry Peach Turkish Rose

Osmo Scents Musc Bleu

Royal Muska Fragrance Reviews

MetalMan
MetalMan

Royal Muska - I had the pleasure of experiencing this gem after a wonderful day in SF with a dear friend. RM is marketed for women and I have no idea why anyone would gender this fume - it is perfectly and deliciously unisex! I cannot help but get lost in some alternate reality of a classy rich couple with a modern white and gold apartment, concrete and marble adorned everything, billowing white curtains whipping in a gentle breeze with the sunset setting the apartment aglow in a soft fire - and the beautiful couple lounging in their custom bed after a passionate tryst. The comforting scent of their pristine white linens mingle sumptuously with their hot skin - a certain nuttiness and muskiness permeates the room as they slowly drift to sleep in each other's arms - is this love or lust?

This scent takes me there - there is a definite juicy fruitiness that lingers for a half hour or so in the beginning before blossoming into a delectable woody ylang-ylang and musk....this phase lasts for over 16 hours on my skin. I finally understand the whole "like skin but better" phrase - this is gorgeous on my skin! I usually play up florals, and ylang-ylang is a perilous note for me, but this is perfectly floral mixed with just the right amount of woodiness and muskiness. It really doesn't get much better than this.

100 Days - Day 2: After a pleasant day in SF
Listening to: The Black Keys - Little Black Submarine

mysterious_scent
mysterious_scent

This musc and powder combination has a soapy heart and a slightly cold and bitter edge. A serious perfume, almost classic.

oktober
oktober

wow... acetone and soap. Why?...

AlmalkiJeme
AlmalkiJeme

عطر انثوي ناعم.. من افضل عطور المسك.. شكرا مارتن
8.5/10

Kristina25
Kristina25

Seriously, people, how is Micallef such an underrated brand?! Their fragrances are of exceptional quality, their bottles are absolutely beautiful in the flesh (glass, rather?) and the customer service is second to none. I couldn't fault them.
Anyway, onto Royal Muska. This is a very soft, feminine floral-musk which is perfectly suited for an intimate evening. It's clean, it's sexy, it's almost aromatherapeutic in its just-out-of-a-bath-of-rose-petals feel. Actually, it makes me think of an evening after spending a day at an expensive spa. It's completely perfect for all fans of clean musks (which includes myself) and anyone looking for a sensual "skin scent but bigger".
Now, I don't claim to be a pro when it comes to fragrances, but I sample a lot - designer, niche, indie, natural, you name it - and this juice appears to be of exceptional quality. Everything feels so well put together and the notes blend so beautifully.
Overall, this is a very, very good option for musk lovers. And thankfully, I can barely smell any raspberry. Each to their own I suppose!

MARIAL
MARIAL

Musc, soap, powder.....and some fruits. It is very feminine and comforting scent. Love it!!!

maltatude
maltatude

This is a beautiful dry musk fragrance. Unisex, wearable. Although this isn't my type of fragrance it was beautiful - I'd recommend this to anyone who likes this type of fragrance.

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

this is a very lovely fragrance. I will restock soon.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

@christianne1, I also have a sample from Lucky Scent and I too cannot smell practically anything. Too bad. I was looking forward to testing out Moska

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

Royal Muska opens on me in a big cloud of musk and soap with a little powder thrown in. I cannot detect any fruits or flowers here at all. It's not a bad smell, just not as complex as I'd thought it would be. It's a very clean smelling musk which I think would work on anyone's skin - female or male. Later in the dry down I get some herbal smells added in which is nice. Nothing green in the notes but nonetheless, there it is. I like the dry down quite a lot, I doubt I'd buy a FB of this one because really I have a couple of other musks I prefer that are much cheaper and smell better on me. Still if you love clean soapy scents and the Micallef line in general you should have this in your collection!

freakypirate
freakypirate

Tried Royal Muska a few days ago from the Micallef advent calendar. It opens quite complex, with lots of different sweet floral and fruity notes in a cloud of soap. The ylang becomes more prominent and is accompanied by a woody note and a whole load of white musk. The musk is very strong on my skin, it smells a bit ozonic. The drydown is more balsamic and soft, still ylang with heaps of ozonic briny musk. I didn't get any rose at all.

This one is quite strong on me-- sillage is moderate to heavy and longevity is moderate to long.

Royal Muska is stronger than I expected from the reviews here-- it is quite loud on my skin and I could smell it on me all day, and so could most people I came across. The ozonic briny white musk notes are a bit too prominent for me, they are almost masculine on my skin, which I don't like. I did receive a lot of compliments on it, so it is a matter of personal taste! I will keep this sample and try again in summertime.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

A very well put together scent. It starts a bit on the heavy side and I don't get most of the notes listed, but that's just my skin chemistry. Or it could just be because it's so beautifully blended that there isn't any discernible notes that stick out at first.The drydown after about an hour though.... Pure HEAVEN! So comfy and close. Definitely white musk but with something more that I can't quite describe. It's not a superficial or plastic white musk. I'm looking forward to getting to know this little lady better!

Scrilla
Scrilla

White musk yes, for sure. Those who can't detect it at all must have some ansomia going on.
Immediately I get musk and a background sweetness. Must be the peach but it's certainly not fruity. 10 minutes in I get a heavy amount of ylang ylang wrapped in rose petals. Soapy rose. A touch of soft powder (just a touch).

Very feminine and mature. I don't find it sexy. I imagine a woman in a high collared white shirt with many tiny buttons and a pearl necklace. I wish there was a touch of violet so that we could smell her old fashined lipstick. Then I might appreciate the scent more for creating an image.

jht4060
jht4060

To my nose, Micallef Royal Muska is poorly named (more like Watercolor than Royal), very weak, not particularly interesting, and overpriced. A little bit of ylang-ylang and benzoin with a big dose of those almost subliminal white laundry musks. I suppose some will find this elegantly understated, but to me it seems understated to the point of being hard to detect. It smells vaguely nice if you stick your nose right on your skin, but really is this what you are looking for?

christianne1
christianne1

I got a sample from Lucky Scent also and I can barely smell it. I kept applying layer over layer trying to get a whiff and it is barely detectable. Maybe it is heavy on the musk and I just happen to be anosmic to this particular one. But this is one of the most lightly scented fragrances I have ever tried. The scent is too faint for me to even be able to review it.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

OMG...! I am glad that I did not sell Royal Muska. Their in sunny day really well smell .I feel the musk and ripe fruit :)
And the bottle ...you know this is GEM.

Wow, this one smelled sort of thin and cheap on me. It was never unpleasant or bad, but it just didn't have the depth and complexity everyone else is describing. Maybe my sample was bad? Got it from Lucky Scent though! It reminded me of an Avon scent or a name brand hand lotion; pleasant, mild, vaguely floral, a little 'white musk'. Just...there. Nothing special and nothing rich. Oh well. I recommend trying before buying a full bottle.

AveParfum
AveParfum

This could easily be the most beautiful and distinctive musk I've ever smelled. It's soft and sweet on a creamy sandalwood base; so sensual. It can be worn any time of the year, day or nite. Mostly I smell peach in the first moments and then a darker raspberry later. The fruit is subtle, and it serves to enhance the musk. It smells quite royal to me, like it has an air about it. It's kind of like a drugstore white musk that is enriched with precious woods and luscious fruit. I know it's marketed towards women, and as I mentioned it's very feminine, yet for some reason I can picture any royal wearing it--even Henry VIII! Is that strange???

Owning a full bottle is a must!

SheShe
SheShe

Ah why I swapped a sample of Royal Muska, I wonder :P I wish I could recall the fragrance now. I remember it well, it is a kind of an ultra-feminine fragrance, no femme fatale touch, subtle, pretty and with a great sillage. Royal Muska reminds me of pretty women portrayed naked, of all these museum pictures presenting a naked woman, kind old style but still pretty one. Royal Muska in my opinion was all about beauty of naked woman's body. I swapped it because it wasn't 100% 'my' fragrance... but I admit it's a masterpiece and an excellent quality.

polka
polka

„Royal Muska”… Hmmm… What would you expect a perfume called like that to be like? I personally expected RM to be strong, self-assured, perhaps even a tiny bit haughty, and – of course! - very rich. And what I smelled after application was... plain, very subtle, balmy frag that could easily do as a tranquilizer.

It is a creamy, quiet, soft and comforting scent. Definitely not a good choice for someone who loves their perfume to be noticed, someone who wants to be sure that everyone around knows that they’re wearing perfume. It sits on the skin quietly and IT’S THERE, as simple as that. It may feel like it’s gone after some time, but if you check on it, you’ll still find Royal Muska being there and becoming more and more you, becoming a part of your personal aura. It is not sexy, but it does happen that it smells intimate and sensual.

If you’re tired of all those bold, loud fragrances and need to chill out a bit, reach for Royal Muska.

Monstrous lasting power! I am loving it!

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

Transparent, light, but with certain imponderable authority of high class: it smells of elegant nothing, but once she entered a room, everyone understood who is the boss and, pluralistically, a charming woman but that soft charm is so deceptive...No French kiss story, but "Keep It Simple, Stupid" imperative. The sillage could give a buzz.

My type of musk. More refined than Ananda.

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Soft and creamy. Very natural smelling fragrance that sits close the skin. Lovely, tender. At first application, I thought Ehh, it's alright but nothing to write home about. Well, the scent evolves into a love affair in which I cannot help but keep my arm under my nose. The creaminess is reminiscent of sweet milk to my nose-maybe the sandlewood. The rose is ever so slight. Only a hint of sweetness from the fruit. The musk gives it a sensuality and a personality. The perfume is mixed very well because you can make out each note yet they mingle so well together. The simplicity of a an ok fragrance soon transforms into a complex come hither addiction. Try if you dare, you will definitely become entranced.

mseidoom
mseidoom

I truly believe this is a sweeter Un Bois Sepia by Serge Lutens but without the sharp green notes. It doesn't start out sweet though, it gets sweeter later. It's a very woody and clean musk fragrance.

piscianna34
piscianna34

very soft
It was not what I expected, but very beautiful

Kchild
Kchild

I have probably decanted for others more from this bottle than any other in my collection. The only one that even comes close would be Beige. There's a really good reason for this~Royal Muska is a dream. A soft brilliant dream.

I love musks and have some excellent ones but this is unique amoung them. This is female personified and men tend to recognize that ~and respond.

RM never enters a room before you, she stays very close w/out completely melding w/your skin. She projects a soft invitation. She never threatens only invites~ questions and compliments. Seriously. You'll be asked by both men and women to write down what it is your wearing. It has to be more than spoken~they'll need to see it in writing so that they won't forget. They'll insist.

There's no question that it is of top quality and I honestly can't break down which note is which it all blends so seemlessly. This is a hard one for me to write about because she's so very ethereal she's a hard one to put into words. Maybe that's why there are no other reviews on this one yet? Which is why I was compelled to write one.

RM is breathtakingly tender, and a complete heartbreaker. You never forget the woman who's scent can literally take you captive. Yep~she's that good.

Royal Muska by M. Micallef 4.27 out of 5 based on 155 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about M. Micallef Royal Muska fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about M. Micallef Royal Muska, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Royal Muska by M. Micallef. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Royal Muska by M. Micallef represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.