Designers » M » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Chypre Palatin MDCI Parfums for women and men

Chypre Palatin MDCI Parfums for women and men
dislike

leather
Chypre Palatin MDCI Parfums for women and men Pictures Chypre Palatin MDCI Parfums for women and men Pictures

Chypre Palatin by MDCI Parfums is a Chypre Fruity fragrance for women and men. Chypre Palatin was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. Top notes are lavender, labdanum, hyacinth, galbanum, sage, clementine and aldehydes; middle notes are iris, jasmine, gardenia, rose and plum; base notes are styrax, benzoin, tolu balsam, vanilla, castoreum, leather, costus, oakmoss and immortelle.

Lavender Labdanum Hyacinth Galbanum Sage Clementine Aldehydes

تحمست كثيرا لتجربة هذا العطر
لم يعجبني.. قوي و نفاذ ويسبب الصداع

nazrul.kun
nazrul.kun

"A majestic Old-World European palace, secluded from the world and almost forgotten in time."

Chypre Palatin is a 2012 fragrance from MDCI Parfums, a French niche perfume house by Claude Marchal. The house is conceived with a specific philosophy in mind: create great perfumes hiring the world's best perfumers without any cost restraint. Among the perfumers on board is Bertrand Duchaufour, one of the most foremost noses in the perfume industry, and he introduced to the world a fragrance that smells of the Old World from a modernist's approach.

Like its name, Chypre Palatin is a classic chypre perfume and pays tribute to the family made by François Coty. A chypre perfume usually have citrus top notes, followed floral heart notes and base notes that typically include oakmoss and some animalics. On my skin, it opens with blasts of citrus and light floral notes such as clementine and water hyacinth. Clementine and water hyacinth each has unique scent: the former smells similar to most citrus notes but without the tangy undertone, while the latter invokes a light, cool "watery" property.

After some time, notes of green galbanum and balsamic tolu balsam began to reveal themselves. These are two key notes that render Chypre Palatin a perfume that belongs to the Old World. Galbanum is what renders Chypre Palatin's scent one that is reminiscent of perfumes from yesteryear, and is present in many legendary fragrances such as Guerlain's L'Heure Bleue and Vol de Nuit, and Dior's vintage Miss Dior. Tolu balsam is a velvety, balsamic note that can be found in legendary perfumes such as Yves Saint Laurent's vintage Opium, Jean Desprez's Bal a Versailles, and Guerlain's Vol de Nuit.

After an hour or two, the heart notes reveal themselves as a lush bouquet of flowers. There is also a tinge of plum in there, which is another note prominent in vintage perfumes. But the true beauty of Chypre Palatin, in my opinion, is the drydown: on top of tolu balsam are smooth and creamy vanilla, leathery castoreum and oakmoss. Oakmoss is particularly special because its use is heavily controlled by tight IFRA regulations and is one of the key notes in the chypre family and vintage perfumes. Oakmoss is terribly difficult to process, yet Chypre Palatin is utterly rich with this realistically wet, damp-earthy note (whether or not real oakmoss is present is very debatable).

I vividly remember buying a decant of Chypre Palatin with very little amounts left from a friend. Upon first sniff, the scent struck with me and many of those around me. I emptied the decant for a single use while in New York City last December and it was MAGICAL! This perfume is born to be used in cold climates, where its full magic works wonders for the wearer and everyone around him.

Many have claimed that it smells like "a (rich) old lady", and I don't disagree. Indeed, it smells like a vintage perfume and understandably it appeals even to older females. Yet, its leathery-animalic tones render this practically unisex. The only thing I would say is that the wearer must be mature enough to pull this fragrance off. I cannot ever imagine it being used and appreciated by adolescents; at least the average adolescent would find the smell of this perfume "old".

But in this age where perfumes smells cheap, skews acutely to smelling fresh and clean, Chypre Palatin is a respectable tribute to perfumes of days gone by. The scent is complex and kaleidoscopic, where each use reveals different facets that first-time users wouldn't realise at first. Although pricey, it's one of those fragrances that is fundamentally love at first sight, and the price is worth every cent. Moreover, it is a testament to Duchaufour's mastery in perfume and how he is simply one of my favourite perfumers.

A big merci beaucoup to Monsieur Duchaufour and MDCI Parfums; Chypre Palatin is simply glorious.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

Chypre Patatin is a love at first sniff to me. I tried it on skin one afternoon about a year or so ago from a fragrance loving friend and ordered myself a bottle that same evening.

The Clementine note(s) in this fragrance are really outstanding giving the typical Chypre structure of this fragrance a fantastic twist. The Clementine here to me consists of different phases linking the warm fruity aromatic top to the sweet floral slightly powdery heart and lasts till the balsamic woody leathery base.

I have made a tincture with crushed whole freeze dried and aged Clementines together with their leaves and stems a while back and the scent from it is exactly the same as the Clementine notes in this fragrance. It is sweet, aromatic, warm, slightly spicy, powdery and woody and somewhat mossy. That tincture made me understand Chypre Palatine a lot more and appreciate how special it is. It is really an easy to wear fragrance and works well even during the warmer months of the year.

iskander
iskander

This is such a masterpiece! It smells different every time I wear it and changes during each wearing. Yet, it always smells dramatic and serious. It's one of the rare fragrances I've smelled that reminded me of ancient Rome, the empire in its heydays. Decadence and opulence. Dancing on a volcano. That feeling.

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

Chypre Palatin is a very complex frag and thats no surprise as its created by Mr Bertrand Duchaufour . Iniitally when i sampled the frag i absolutely did not like it and thinking abot it now it happened becuase my nose was not ready for this master peice. I Have grown to love this frag and if i had acess to best perfumer in the world i would prohably ask perfumer to make me chypre palatin.

This is quite modern take on Classic fragrance style and Its quite versatile as well as it last around 6-8 Hours .This is the sort of fragrance that rewards the nose you’ve developed through all the years you’ve sniffed through piles of samples. I would say this belongs to above 30 gentleman who likes to have best of the world.

This is best from MDCI line and i would say must try for any fragheads.10/10

Jrmcquill
Jrmcquill

An absolute favorite, and currently in my top 5! I haven’t been smelling my wrists long enough to know exactly what a true chypre is, and for me, Duchaufour’s creations are usually bigger and sweeter than I like, but this is sheer pleasure! I can wear this anywhere, at any time. It’s classy, with a few nuances that keep it interesting throughout it’s life. Opening with effervescent greens, then showing creamy florals, oakmoss,balsam, sandalwood, vanilla and leather! Two thumbs way up!!

I've sampled a few times now and gushed out a review (see below) already so I'll keep this short. I got another sample to make sure that I'm definitely in love with this fragrance as its a big commitment (because you've got to get the bust one) from a financial point of view.

Anyway, I neglected to mention how much of that clementine note comes through in the opening its splendid, then the Labdanum and an almost ginger beer sharpness and fullness of tolu balm/benzoin and styrax. This fragrance is a knockout...so so good.

deadidol
deadidol

I’m always surprised by the attention this one gets; I simply don’t find it to be that impressive for its genre. It’s fine enough, don’t get me wrong, but it really is just a textbook old-fashioned chypre that I’ve smelled many times before. It's extremely rich and opulent with a nice mossy hum and some airy bergamot up top. A hefty amount of aldehydes make it fizz, dragging it away from the traditional structure a little, but it’s still a phoned-in chypre to me overall — pleasant enough, but not doing anything relevant. It morphs a little over time into something that smells a tad more resinous, but it still doesn't escape the cliched throwback impression I get. Decent, but I’d tell someone to check out the likes of Gold Woman or Au Dela first as they’re at least mixing things up a notch.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

CLASSIC MODERN CHYPRE

This perfumer has once again captured a classic fragrance and given it a modern day appeal.
(I felt the same with Invasion Barbare)

On opening, the bitter/sour was unpleasant, but it quickly softened to allow the citrus, floral, leather, musk and other well blended notes to emerge and dance around for quite a number of hours. I did not put too much on, and even with my limited dabs on my skin, I could tell that one needs to be frugal with how much to apply. In this case, less is more.

Although I appreciate the high level of mastery of this perfumer, Chypre is not something that appeals to me. Perhaps a bit challenging for my nose.

But certainly sample this fine fragrance. If you want the same high level but something a bit more safe, then I suggest Invasion Barbare.

jtd
jtd

International Fragrance Association (IFRA) restrictions on materials have made the chypre the bellwether in the reformulation debate. Limiting the quantity of oakmoss that may be used and the type of bergamot allowed, the IFRA have knocked out two legs of the chypre tripod. The limitations have pushed perfumers to reconsider composition and materials-producers to search for novel chemicals and botanicals.

The question remains: is it possible to make a true chypre perfume today? And if so, how? I don’t know the engineering of perfume composition enough to say what’s under the hood of the current lineup of chypre perfumes, but there seem to be a few strategies. Chanel go the route of re-creating the geometry of the composition so as to suggest the chypre. Thierry Wasser has apparently fiddled with the forces of the nature and reconfigured the chemical structure of oakmoss (Mitsouko) and reanimated the chypre. Vero Kern, god knows how, simply makes a chypre with Onda.

The wonder of the chypre is that you smell bergamot, oakmoss and amber at the same time that the totality of the perfume rises above the materials. Chypre Palatin has some of the characteristic elements of the chypre. It has great sillage in the headnotes, a raspy heart and a warm, leathery drydown. Like a chypre its evolution is gradual but substantive. Overall, though, it’s simply smells like the sum of its parts.

Chypre Palatin lacks this synergy and therefore lacks soul. In a go-big-or-go-home attempt to deceive, Parfums MDCI would have us believe that Chypre Palatin is not simply a chypre, but a ‘palatial’ one and they charge accordingly. ($250/75 ml) Despite Parfums MDCI’s goal of high art in perfume, a big-name perfumer and an emphasis on the finest materials, Chypre Palatin swings and misses. It is a chypre in the way a tofu steak is meat and carob-chip cookies are satisfying. It doesn’t appear like an attempt to reinvent the chypre so much as a ploy to fool the buyer.

from scenthurdle.com

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This scent is a wonderful luxurious hybrid chypre oriental fragrance that smells classy and opulent. Only the finest ingredients have been used and it shows.

On the opening we have a bitter green floral accord from the Galbanum coupled with a sparkling fuzzy champagne scent coming from the aldehydes. A tinge of citrus and the symphony is now in full swing.

Underneath this opening is a gorgeous slightly sweet vanilla toffee like balsam adding a contrast to the bitter green accord.

After a while the Hycinth takes over which is a green and slightly rooty floral note, like the stem of a potted plant. At this stage the gorgeous musky vanilla toffee balsam note becomes stronger. And we have a lovely balance of the green floral and sweet notes.

Many hours later the floral notes of jasmine and rose and can be smelled all blended in harmony like a symphony.

This scent is so complex and every time I wear it I can pick different notes, it almost shimmers on the skin showing you different aspects. Sometimes a fruity note appears and other times a slight animalic accord rears it's head.

The fragrance lasts five hours before it reigns itself in but I can still detect it on my skin and clothes for many hours after. The projection is average but the scent is soft and very refined making it versatile to be sprayed on your neck without choking you out.

A perfect ten out of ten fragrance in my book and a scent I would class as a masterpiece in the art of perfumery!

Kain
Kain

This is another complex and well made fragrance for folks out there that adore classic fragrances. definitely not as great as Invasion Barbare (personal opinion!), but really good and solid.

The opening of this fragrance is a clean and soapy aldehydic kind of smell plus very soft floral notes, a little bit of spice and a creamy sweetness that all together creating a very pleasant and safe scent.

As time passes and in the mid scent gets more aldehydic and clean and also aromatic with the help of lavender and stronger aldehydes. these changes just give the scent more and more classic vibe. at the same time I'm getting stronger floral notes and stronger spices as well.
Just a few minutes more and castoreum kicks in. this note adds a soft dirty animalic and mellow smoky vibe to the clean, soapy, spicy and floral base of the fragrance which makes it more masculine and more refined. almost no changes in the base.

Projection is average at the start but it gets stronger in the mid and base.
Longevity is average and around 5 hours on my skin.

این عطر هم یه کار خوش ساخت و خوشبو دیگه از این برند هست که حس کاملا کلاسیکی داره و برای دوستانی که با عطرهای کلاسیک میونه خوبی دارن گزینه خوبی میتونه باشه. البته به نظر من به خوبی انوازیون باربار نیست اما خیلی خوب و دوست داشتنی هست

رایحه ابتدایی این عطر یه بوی تمیز، الدئیدی و یه جورایی صابونی هست که در کنارش میشه رایحه ملایم و دوست داشتنی از گلها، کمی رایحه ادویه ای و یه شیرینی خامه ای هم حس کرد. در مجموع بوی عطر خیلی معمولی و ساده و دوست داشتنی هست که البته یه جورایی مابین عطرهای کلاسیک و مدرن قرار میگیره و از هر دو رگه هایی درش حس میشه

با گذر زمان رایحه های آلدئیدی قویتر میشن و در کنارش لاوندر هم با اون حس گیاهی و تلخ و اروماتیک و گیاهی اش اضافه میشه که باعث میشه بوی عطر هم حس صابونی تر و کلاسیک تری پیدا کنه و هم یه جورایی تلخ و گیاهی و سبز بشه. همزمان رایحه گلها و ادویه جات هم قویتر میشن تو این قسمت. چند دقیقه دیگه که میگذره یه بوی کثیف و حیوانی و خیلی جزیی دودی هم به عطر اضافه میشه که به خاطر رایحه نوعی سگ/سمورآبی هست. این رایحه باعث میشه اون حس صابونی و گلی و ادویه ای عطر کمی سنگین تر و مردانه تر بشه و شخصا این قسمتش رو خیلی دوست دارم. تورایحه پایه تقریبا بوی عطر تغییری نمیکنه و فقط با گذر زمان ملایمتر میشه

پخش بوش اولش متوسطه اما تو رایحه میانی قویتر میشه ولی ماندگاریش متوسط و حدود 5 ساعت روی پوست من بیشتر نیست

I haven't done a gushing review for a while so it's long over due but this is a sublime fragrance.
I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the MDCI bottles complete with their bust stoppers in the flesh before. I'd always got little sample vial of the ones I've tried so far so actually spraying one from the bottle was nice.
I'd avoided this one for testing purposes due to the name 'Chypre' not that I have anything against that classification but I've far more olfactory priorities like 'orientals' 'balsamics' etc...
Woah was I wrong?
This is a masterpiece from Duchaufour opens with a wonderful warm but sharp floral, balsamic, slightly green aroma which then gets sweeter and is joined by a sweetness of vanilla and animal notes of musk.
It's an absolute knockout!
The drydown has a lovely quality of resin with my favourite labdanum in there and a complex woody floral base.
I Can't really say much about the composition because it is so complex that it becomes simplistic and all I would say is try it for yourself.
I had almost written of MDCI as a niche house which under delivered, although I like Invasion barbare and adored Cuir Garamande I couldn't justify the price. This one however is magic! I'm mystified as to why I didn't buy it? I think I was so stunned and over whelmed by it and it wasn't until I let it drydown and release more secrets hours later when I got home that I was fully convinced.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

*Sigh*.... Why did I have to fall in love with something this expensive?

"Chypre Palatin" is a superbly blended fragrance that exudes warm, subtle elegance from beginning to end.
Lush, hazy, soft, sweet, smoky, waxy, inky. It conjures up an image of a lacquered Chinese powder box sitting in a warm, lamp-lit room draped with heavy velvet curtains.

You can smell the craftsmanship here. When you inhale deeply, it doesn't hit you with everything at once like most transparent designer scents, but rather it keeps going, revealing layer after layer:

First the powdery meld of iris and leather, which for me creates the illusion of velvet, softening the dry soap-like tang of the castorem and aldehydes. Then the romantic rose, plum and barbershop lavender. Finally, the balmy, chewy sweetness of the tolu balsam, vanilla and benzoin -which has an almost chocolaty nuance at times- all wrapped in a soft haze of smoky earthiness.

Perhaps not the most typically masculine of scents, but I see this befitting an artistic young man who's not afraid to show his romantic, softer side. A bit like me! :D

Someday I may be rich enough to by thee, Palatin. Until then...

*UPDATE*

I finally succumbed to fate and purchased a bottle of this beautiful creation. I cannot disagree with Colin Malliard's review enough. This scent is absolutely worth the money. If you want over-priced pretentiousness, go smell Creed 'Aventus' - practically the same price as MDCI, nowhere near as complex or interesting. MDCI's ethos is to give the perfumer free reign over the design and create what they truly want to make without restrictions, using the best possible ingredients. It shows in Chypre Palatin. The textures are so rich and the persistence is fantastic; It lasts up to 8 hours on my skin, and several days on clothes.

Don't let your opinion of the price inform your opinion of the quality.

farang
farang

A gorgeous classical chypre. But too feminine for me.

tymanski
tymanski

as Colonel Potter in MASH once said "there ain't enough o's in smooth to describe this". what a fantastic, quite masculine take on the chypre structure. fizzy aldehydes compliment rather than compete with, a strident green floral vanilla (!) backbone. smells surprisingly classic with a modern twist that duchaufour is so very good at. this is one of his very best efforts, which is saying something. absolutely worth the cash

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Really pretty floral chypre with very little oak moss. Starts off with a vibrant blast but loses steam too fast IMO. I love the old world classic vibe that this has and it is leagues better than what is available today.

However being that I've smelled this sort of thing in way better formulations during the 70's and 80's I can't give this uber high marks. It just wouldn't feel right. In today's market however it is fantastic.

Marked as unisex and I say YES but this one takes a certain type. I see this as a dandified gentleman (metro) or muscle head / alpha male type that wants to "tone it down" a little to show his softer side.

Not for the average joe...specific indeed.

Sorry but I don't feel this has monster performance. Average at best according to my sample from Luckscent 2014.

By the way I prefer this better than ONDA.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

MASTERPIECE!
I just found my holy CHYPRE grail for the warmer time of year and daytime, whereas "Unspoken" by Roja Dove is the cosier, warmer, more autumnal and/or springtime Chypre.

This so extremely sophisticated that it is almost arrogant. Think of a really well-spoken and incredibly resourceful art dealer who only deals with the most expensive of pieces. This is a head-turner in a board meeting. I can also imagine a 6-star hotel director to smell like this.

It conjures up an image of cleanliness, wealth, intellect paired with sublime superiority and regal confidence. It has the original sharpness of CHANEL's #19 and the aldehydic burst of #5 minus the flowers that except of the dominant hyacinths are rather submissive and demure.

Coco CHANEL could have created that as a male version of #19 or #5, but she has resisted. Thanks to her, Bertrand Duchaufour has been given the chance to put his mark on the eternal CHANEL classics and he did more than justice with this formidable creation.

I consider Duchafour an absolute master in his craft and he counts arguably to the most talented of noses of today.

10/10 from start to finish.

reveillee
reveillee

Perfectly Unisex.
Starts a little strong but smoothes out and has a luxurious feel to it.
Please wear this at least 3 times before making up your mind. Initially it was a 7.5/10 and after 2-3 wearings it was a 8.5/10, and now it is a 9/10.

Tone-E
Tone-E

Beautiful scent, great "old school" power juice, but extremely feminine! Great longevity & sillage, goes on forever.

Roflecones
Roflecones

The best masculine chypre since Chanel Pour Monsieur. Very complex yet perfectly blended for the right balance between sweet, leather, and aromatic facets. It's modern but looks back at the archives for structure and form. Think of it like a beautiful 17th century European palace built with steel reinforced concrete, electricity, and wi-fi. It pairs well with MDCI's other offering, Invasion Barbare, for year-round olfactory bliss. A coup de foudre indeed.

williamvargas
williamvargas

I Picked up a 5 mil atomizer of this to try as I love chypre fragrances, and I really enjoyed invasion barbare.. slowly getting around to trying a few of their scents. this one is lovely on the opening and it has a classic smell to me. reminds me of something older that I have smelled. there was or is a cologne by jean nate..a cheapy but it smelled great I thought and many years ago I tried some of it even though it was classified as a woman's perfume, I always thought it smelled masculine to me and I really love the jean nate after shower body splash. this rememinds me a little of that but on a grander scale. I could see myself wearing this often. it smells clean, refreshing and has a cologne smell for me that I really like. thumbs up on this. not sure what else I can compare it to.i just know I like it, seems to have good staying power and the fragrance does change on me. I loved the opening and am enjoying the dry down. now I am really wanting to try others from them. great house. I will probably just try to build a decent sized atomizer before springing for a bottle...need to try it some more before I decide if it is bottle worthy. but as the eternal optimist said after he jumped off a twenty story building, half way down.."so far so good".

blauriche
blauriche

It starts out a little rough. Nice, but with a tilt toward "naughty grandma." After about an hour I really start to love it though. It's one of those where the longer I wear it the better I like it, perhaps because it ultimately leaves a lovely vanilla as it dries down. I love this sort of scent as the cool weather starts to set in...

curtis.glenn
curtis.glenn

Hey guys. Really nice frag but, alas, not for me. I have a full bottle if anyone would like to trade or yada yada. Send me an email here or at csjg1ce at g mail.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Smelled absolutely lovely when I opened the sample vial. Warm, rich, complex. Wonderful opening on the skin, too; a few minutes later, I got the oily scent which I do not like, which I think comes from hyacinth on my skin. This lasted quite a while. The final dry-down stage was wonderful, however. Discreet , yet quite clearly there, with some light spiciness and much warmth.

sundarimudgirl
sundarimudgirl

trying new perfumes at random - always a learning experience. received a sample of this in a sample pack from luckyscent of groovy new/favorite perfumes of 2012. Decided to have some relatively low-cost fun by drawing one of the 20 samples at random from the little bag and trying it. I'll do this every day or every other day. So....it's not the worst thing I ever smelled but it reminds me of my mom....in a not good way. I guess something like that's going to cut one way or another pretty strongly. I think it's the issue - like the writer above - who says white florals smell like the Halloween Special on her. My mom is all about white florals and it just smells like embalming fluid to me.

Chypre Palatin opens with a fizzy green, fruity-citrusy blast joined by sweetish vanillic notes and immediately brings to mind of classic french perfumery of the past. This feeling of deja-vu, though, it's not to be taken as lack of creativity but just as a sort of tribute to one of the most influential perfumery genres ever: chypre.

The fragrance quilckly takes another direction and turns into a balmy musky floral that's structurally more modern yet still incredibly old-fashioned in smell. Indoles, dark musks and a moderate sweetness makes of Chypre Palatin a good option for men who'd like a masculine twist from their classic feminine chypres while still liking to be challenged. Complex, rich and solid.

Good stuff.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Tis a scent that comes down to skin type. Like JudyK below, this is far too sweet on me, and far too masculine; bordering on the annoying. That said, I know my chemistry amplifies white florals into a Halloween special, and makes a muddled mess of tolu balsam (I've never liked a scent with this as a base note).

Where are hte gents on this fragrance? They would be the ones to pull this off. Personally I prefer dry woodies on men, not sweet cheeks florals, but I can see this soaring on the right type.

So alright, not a fave.

judyk
judyk

Hyacinth(!), warm spice, occasional sparks of clementine, dusty drydown, very nice. But overall, a bit too sweet on me. I have a chypre that retails at a 1/6th of the price which I prefer. That said, it was the first wearing and I will give it another try.

ETA: It's now 10 hours later, it's still going strong and I must admit it's growing on me.

On an educational note, one thing I learned with this one (I’ve worn perfume ever since I was allowed to, which is a long time now, but I’m new to testing niche and exclusive perfumes): If your perfume sample does not have a dabber, do NOT apply it by dabbing the bottle against your wrist. In this case, some of the contents must have dried on the lip of the bottle at some point and gone off. Urrrgh! I immediately washed off my wrists, cleaned the neck of the bottle with a damp cloth, and reapplied with my fingertip. Much, much nicer. :-)

Nosina
Nosina

Incredible, the first blast is soap, soap and soap, so many aldehydes that you get a champagne impression followed by a soft galbanum veil like chanel 19 poudre. I get a little bit of forest, flowers and plum in a soft summer mixture where you wonder where you go. Am I in a fruit tree garden or on a forest trail? I can't stop sniffing my arms. It is neither a strong nor an evening scent but for sure a modern chypre. However it is not a cold chypre like n19, I like the comforting warming sensation it leaves on my skin as does tolu which is too strong for summer time. I recognize Bertrand Duchaufour's signature and there is something of traversee of the Bosphore in it. May be the iris but no apple. There is nothing quite like this parfum , the closest might be vie de chateau where the citrus is stronger. Chyper palatin will fill a lack in my parfum wardrobe. It is definetely unisex and a little animalic.