Designers » M » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Invasion Barbare MDCI Parfums for men

Invasion Barbare MDCI Parfums for men
dislike

herbal
Invasion Barbare MDCI Parfums for men Pictures Invasion Barbare MDCI Parfums for men Pictures Invasion Barbare MDCI Parfums for men Pictures Invasion Barbare MDCI Parfums for men Pictures

Invasion Barbare by MDCI Parfums is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for men. Invasion Barbare was launched in 2005. The nose behind this fragrance is Stephanie Bakouche. Top notes are grapefruit, bergamot and violet leaf; middle notes are thyme, cardamom, lavender and ginger; base notes are patchouli, vanilla and musk.

Grapefruit Bergamot Violet Leaf

Thyme Cardamom Lavender Ginger

Patchouli Vanilla Musk

Sartorial

Invasion Barbare Fragrance Reviews

Tom Petitgrain
Tom Petitgrain

A rare fragrance that seems worth the price tag. Great structure, wonderfully rounded out with no jagged edges, sliding from top notes to base notes with tremendous grace. At once retro/vintage and totally fresh and new. Expresses the possibilities of perfumery as only a few fragrances can. Beautiful.

Florista
Florista

This is one of those scents that immediately gives the impressions of "Quality" and "Natural Ingredients" and "Well-done". It plays at the right volume, rich with detail, and it lasts as long as you expect expensive perfume to last when virtually everything else out there fails in this category. It's character is too 'old-fashioned-gentleman-in-a-suit-and-tie' for me but I am still grateful for owning a sample of this as a reference to what a luxurious parfum could and should be.

gelo999
gelo999

Fern spicy structure and classic style to vintage, appreciating it contained some originality, all combined with an excellent composition reflects roughly this good MDCI fragrance.

There is a base of classic fern bergamot, lavender and patchouli and a very soft oak moss, all this is wrapped in spices where cardamom provides that voluptuous and point almost smoky and violet leaf a herbal touch dark green, atalcado and nebulous, but without ever being gloomy, it seizes this fern effect Invasion Barbare and develops a somewhat warm aroma with smoke surround effect and nothing burdensome.

The drying of sweet vanilla and soft musk combined with the high quality of the essences enriches the mixture providing a high quality scent very persuasive and appealing.

The best thing is the excellent result of all this mixed with a perfect balance between the 3 phases of development.
If you like high quality ferns, this is one of them.

Rating: 8

iskander
iskander

Before I smelled this, I thought I didn't like fougeres! This is a masterpiece, however! It's one of those rare perfumes that just transforms the world around me when I wear it. It's such a dramatic, sophisticated fragrance. Full bottle, signature-worthy stuff, without a doubt.

Yes, it's quite an expensive buy, but this is one of those cases where the money really does give value. I'm hooked!

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

This is a great fragrance, it is very strong in terms of longevity. 12 hours + easy.
If you are not a fan of lavender or mature vibe fragrances, I would look elsewhere.
This stuff does smell very refined and masculine. The notes have been very well balanced and seem natural. Keep in mind fellas, this was created by a female in search of creating the worlds most sexy and appealing scent that every woman would dream of a man smelling. I personally would have like to see a little more wood and spice used, but the more I wear it the more I like it. My only beef with the fragrance is its price point. For 75 ml I would pay $175 tops, but the $250 just pushes me away. I would buy a used flanker for a good price so if you're reading this and are willing, send me a DM. Thanks

My goodness.....this stuff is AMAZING !!!! I get something new each time I wear it. It smells of extreme high quality. I will gladly buy a full bottle from the scent bar once this decant is done. 2 sprays and I'm set! Beastmode everything

Jish80

Lovely fougere fragrance but not full bottle worthy by any means. It doesn't last long nor are you an unique champion. It's a vanilla fragrance with a little barbershop. Unremarkable to warrant this price. You've got to be too cool to think this is anything but a mundane me too fragrance.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - herbal violets, lavender, ginger & grapefruit.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 6hrs consistently.

the_badger
the_badger

Thumbs down. Smells like haystack, something dry green and powdery. There are so many other parfums out there of this genre that are so much better, take Rive Gauche or Paco Rabanne PH. And the price is absurd too. And did I mention it gave me an insta-headache?

K1
K1

Claude Marchal who runs his line; MDCI; has keen taste and aesthetic obsession on his perfumes that in result he keeps the line off-tempo but in highest quality in collaboration with noble noses of the industry.

Invasion Barbare is a massive mist of metallic citrus lavender in the opening that recalls bountiful spices in the following with freshly cropped cardamom and ginger. This intro is a bit edgy and risky and not all the examples in the category are successful, but Invasion Barbare is one of the first, or the first indeed. After about few minutes the perfume displays a legendary tonsorial atmosphere in a very classy and shaped formal haberdasher way reminiscent of gentlemen's guide for best worsted suits and straight folding razors.

The skeleton of Invasion Barbare is around fresh but not summery soothing spicy theme imparted in lavender; classical barbershop style. Then slides in violet leaf, woodsy vanilla and dusty patchouli boundaries and form a modern-retro fougère.

If you shave, or care about bread, appearance, formal suits, shoes, hair and everything like a young aristocrat this perfume is exclusively yours. It's widely compared to two great items of the range; Sartorial and 1725;but honestly Invasion Barbare is flawless.
★★★★★

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

"Sing in me, Muse, and through me tell the story
of that man skilled in all ways of contending,
the wanderer, harried for years on end,
after he plundered the stronghold
on the proud height of Troy"

- Homer, The Odyssey

MDCI Parfums create unisex fragrances I swear to God. This is for me! This smells so feminine to me. The touches of ginger, cardamom, vanilla and violet are all notes which I've enjoyed in women's fragrances. The opening is grapefruit and bergamot fresh and somewhat aquatic. I keep envisioning a Mediterranean coast, but somewhere like in the North Africa coastline which is today's Libya. This fragrance smells like the Roman fleet in Alexandria or Carthage. They bring with them spices and perfume oil. This is a delicious soft scent which can still be worn by men because of the patchouli and musk. This part of the fragrance wears like a man's cologne but it provides the sweet notes of vanilla and the grapefruit with a strong foundation. Some have called this a barbershop old fashioned after shave scent but I find it fresh and energizing. It makes me feel good after a shower. I don't care if this sells for men. I love to wear this! I tell people I wear this. This is one of those Mediterranean scents I adore. It reminds me a little bit of Shalimar or Emeraude but with more ginger notes and therefore less intense. This is a good fragrance to wear day or night but spritz it on after shower to get that high it gives you. Smells so good.

AlmalkiJeme

انصح بتجربته وبشده

Cerulean
Cerulean

★★★★½

Elegant and very high quality result of a contemporary fougere.

Initially, grapefruit and citrus with spices surprised me and made me raise my eyebrow, only to moan when that lavender note appeared in perfect clever combo with cardamom and thyme. I wouldn't say it's barbaric at first or second stage, but it's definitely virile and assertive.

After the first couple of hours it gets softer and a base of vanilla and musk embraces the other notes making an alluring sophisticated and sexy outro.

Overall longevity on my skin was 7 hours. Sillage was moderate to strong for the first couple of hours and then it became just moderate to soft.

I will definitely purchase a bottle as I don't think there are many of its kind out there nowadays, especially offering top quality and craftsmanship (both the scent and the bottle)

Matt Oldham

Too much thinking going on here. IB is a superb, vintage Guerlain-quality violet leaf perfume. This obsession with categorization and the imperative to share a "smart" opinion is boring beyond belief. Something of this calibre of quality and knock-me-down beauty is something a person should FEEL instantly. When a perfume surpasses all expectations except not being a Feu d'Issey or Breath of God or Ormonde Jayne Men why not be thrilled to have that perfume lover's exhilaration and enjoy the intoxication? Being truly great in this Götterdämmerung time for perfumery is its own innovation. And besides, the putative missing originality is exceedingly vague as a concept; Really?

Das Huffer
Das Huffer

I completely understand the balking at this one. Yes, its been smelled before. Yes, there are myriad variations of it in existence. Yes, it is pricey.
BUT (and I can't emphasize this "BUT" enough), the construction here is nothing short of GENIUS! The marriage of the components is either proof of brilliance at work, or one of the most happy accidents in contemporary perfumery.
It's like the difference between IKEA furniture, and an original Arne Vodder piece. Sure, the silhouette may be the same, but once you step closer you find why one is superior to the other. The lines, the joints, the raw materials all speak to a higher standard. And so it is in Invasion Barbare.
The feel of this is beautiful. I don't expect to wow others when I wear this. This one is truly for me! (and if others are wowed, then that's just sweet frosting)

Jish80

Finally got to smell this hyped fragrance. I'm thoroughly confused as to why there is so much popularity for such a banal scent. Barbershop fougere, that's it. If this isn't a perfect example of the tail wagging the dog. If this scent sold for the price of pinaud clubman no one would be talking about it or its silly bottle. I'm glad I didn't have to pay up to experience this as I would feel pot committed.

Pare159
Pare159

Old school classic man pare! This is lavender & ginger heavy, you must like those notes to enjoy this one. Although there are others this is really well blended. However, this is over priced aftershave. But there is something about it that's magnetic and alluring. Classic timeless and modern.

Q80
Q80

Sweet Lavender. A Sweet vintage Man cologne soured with cardamom and slightly darkened with Patchouli & bay Leaf.

Quite interesting but sometimes it is harsh to the point.

lovely and very captivating.

Salvas
Salvas

Invasion Barbare is something that has escaped from time to make us know what is the smell of timeless.
I understand the name as a small branche of lavender watching barbarian invasions and generations of men making war again and again through all the history of time but which has remained the same when all around was changing. Wearing this reminds you that there are beautiful things in the world that remain true to us.
A philosophical scent, beautiful for what it is.

Escoteric
Escoteric

The frag is really, really nice. It smells of pepper, cardamon, coffee and cocoa. Its a real fresh spicy classy smell with a basenote of fairy liquid (original). You know that if you walked in blind to a Hotel and it smelt like this, you would think does my credit limit cover it? This is the smell of top notch restaurants, and hotels. A gourmand frag, But:- no staying power, no longevity, and projection is:- one word crap! I anticipated this fragrance so, so much and initially was blown away bu it. It smelt like the interior of the Shard Building reception in London. I took my mum there for her 80th family. there for a meal. All commentated wow this place smells class. I think a person left a review, and if memory serves me right it is the "out of the mouth of babes one". That review is I think in a nutshell the summation of this fragrance. The review is superb and I would like to pay homage to the reviewer and her little kids, who described so simply yet so accurately! It is classy classy classy. Russian Oligarchs parking wantonly in Bentley stretched Limousines and extended 4X4's and a fat man, in his 60's takes a woman who looks 30 after having a tonne of plastic surgery done the only thing that gives her age away is the width of her hips and saggy bottom telling you she is much much older than her face reveals.It s exactly like the Shard Met by a rafter of all Eastern Europeans and Aussies and Kiwis working who are all slim and under 30. Very beautiful yet the English in their own country are not allowed in; this is a world of Hitler's vision the perfect, young, beautiful and genetic cleansed people who go forth. Or if you're into James Bond Movies it is Moonraker, where it is perfumery eugenics. However like the wealth of immigrants who now place the British person on in the unemployment list and like Hitler's vision it is a short sighted policy and this fragrance tells you it is criminal to pay so much for the utopian experience when it fails all the people and you find out in a short while your vision has been shattered! You have failed the people, and the fiscal cost was too expensive and the home suffers as all you have done is had a great facade temporarily and failed the people it should have been an allure too. Beautiful smell but you might as well get your money and throw it down the toilet, and cut out the middle man. Save your money. Whats the use of a perfume if it can be smelt for 10 mins and then no more. This is like a young man who has come into adulthood and finds a beautiful woman of the night. Totally his first experience and before any encounter he drops his load and she says bye, yoinks the money out of his hand and laughs all the way to the bank or pimp, where upon she is not laughing anymore!
This is like getting Parfums Nicolai, New York layering it with L'occitane Vanilla, and Joe Malones cocoa and coconut you are pretty much there. If the longevity had stayed than you would say I have all I meed in a jar! You can see it being the best perfume in the world. Dut the deal killer is no longevity. Such a shame, it remind me of England, so full of promise and legend however when you get there it is short lived and you see that all the components are there however the invaders have conquered and ruined it! for the indigenous. Maybe this is why it is called Invasion Barbare. Personally I would have called it Home Office Policy, a let down to all!
except the invaders!

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ How do you sit down and attempt to add something constructive to a famed fougere bottle that's been reviewed from every angle? Out of the mouth of babes perhaps? I asked my youngest son at the kitchen table what this scent reminded him of? I was surprised when he said, "Dad this reminds me of the fanciest store at the mall....you know the one with the escalator and pretty salesladies in dresses with lots of fancy new things on the shelves!" As simple as that is from a child's imagination it does fit the image that IB gives of everything new, upscale and elegant. This newness image surely must be found in the powdery cardamom and lavender but it's the long lasting grapefruit and violet opening that's making the sales pitch here and a very persuasive one indeed! Simple yet complex, fresh yet sparkling, light yet deep, calming yet invigorating. Perhaps the most pricy versatile people-pleaser money can buy! When my sample is done I may find I will start an "Invasion" fund for a full bottle but the artistic bust topper will have to wait! I have too many other new children's toys to buy at that fancy store in the mall!
Kind Regards, Plat ~

PS Oh yes, 10/10!

deadidol
deadidol

What more can be said about this one? It’s the go-to modern fougere fragrance. It doesn’t smell modern — but few fougere’s do. Its true strength is not so much in its technical virtuosity (although it’s very, very well done), but rather in the perceived effect it provides for the wearer. Terms like “classic,” “refined,” “gentlemanly,” “executive,” “briefcase,” “board meeting,” “rolodex,” and “secretary,” all spring to mind; this is a scent for people seeking to cultivate a specific image of themselves and project it outwards, forcefully. It’s the olfactory equivalent of a tailored suit, and, I’d posit, that that’s the wardrobe it would compliment the best.

Scent-wise, it has a powerful violet-leaf and orris presence akin to what’s in Fahrenheit only it veers much less edgy and the clean powder is amped up via a slightly dusty and not-too-floral lavender. It has fantastic sillage, and because it doesn’t have an unusually overwhelming presence, you could flap your arms around like a monkey and enjoy the scent bubble it produces. There’s no denying that it’s a great composition with impeccable blending, but it’s quite formal and very specific in what it does. Frankly I’m surprised by how popular it is among younger people as it’s a scent that’s very grounded in the past; and, even with its reliance on modern materials, it still smells anachronistic. With that said, it’s a beautiful perfume, but it’s a tad too primped and coiffed for my personal taste. I want danger and interest and excitement and this is more about "planning for the future" and "401K" and "out of town golf trips." For me, it’s basically the olfactory equivalent of an insurance seminar, albeit one that pulled out all the budgetary stops.

ddadam
ddadam

Your money almost can't buy a better fragrance than this! I wouldn't know which other fragrance is so versatile, sublime built, top quality ingredient, non-offensive, elegant, fresh and warm, all-year round, signature-worthy, modern yet classic! This in combination with GIT should be at the basic foundation of your fragrance wardrobe. It still have to get the bust stopper!

steve0580
steve0580

Masculinity exudes from this fragrance in a smooth, subtle and comforting way. Without question, it's a classy fragrance and although it could be worn for any occasion, it's probably more appropriate for the office or formal events.

The violet and lavender work perfectly together and they seem to have somewhat of a calming effect.

Projection is moderate and longevity is epic, which is even more amazing when it takes so little to achieve the effect. I use two sprays max and I think that may even be too much.

I've seen several fragrances compared to this one, including Brut and Penhaligon's Sartorial. I don't smell the similarity to Brut and while Sartorial is in the same vein of a clean, barbershop style fragrance, the significantly more evident violet note in IB separates them. I smell more woods and beeswax in Sartorial, whereas there are no woods in IB.

The fragrance with the closest comparison that I can make to IB is Prada's Amber Pour Homme. I notice significant similarities in the two and I'd consider IB to be the significantly more expensive niche version of Amber Pour Homme. On the plus side, if you're a fan of Amber Pour Homme, you should love IB.

calzim
calzim

Fantastic! Invasion Barbare is stern, but hug-able. "Understated masculinity" as BlueMoon said. Pretty simple note pyramid executed with distinction. Love it. A must try. 8.5/10.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Why the name Invasion Barbare? I always wondered. Now I have a theory.

There is a lot of beauty here, of harmony and well-balanced structure. The citrus/violet leaves topnotes are backup up from the start by the spices and a velvet context of vanilla-lavender. Gradually we have an aromatic and spicy oriental/fougere.

There is some similarity with 1725, even the anis is there without being listed as a note. But IB is trying too hard to be both an aromatic fougere and a spicy oriental. Just like Rome tried to be both European and Asiatic. And where 1725 is all about harmony and beaty, there is something slightly barbaric emerging in IB after a while: Pepper. To much spice against that background. This would be like the barbaric tribes eventually causing Romes downfall.

Would YOU mix pepper with lavender, anis and vanilla? Surely not. Imagine what Gordon Ramsay would say. Innovative for sure, but for me (and Gordon) it doesn't work for more than a few sniffs.

Shibor
Shibor

An amazing fragrance! One of the best scents with a musk note in the base.

The start is slightly green and decent fresh. Almost immediately some spicy notes appear from which one can surely detect ginger and cardamom. Very pleasant is the fact that cardamom is very balanced and doesn’t overload the composition.
This modest spiciness remains, and musk appears first shy and then more clearly. Musk-vanilla combo is done really well and creates for hours a comfortably feeling. And the cedar wood adds to this fell-good combination a slight smokiness. Astonishing!
For this reason alone, Invasion Barbare is a desirable buying candidate!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

I am fougere family lover.
Invasion Barbare near perfection, harmonious set of notes and also of its measures.
Grapefruit blend camouflaged by a wonderful lavender, mix well with a spicy aroma and at the same bittersweet time is balanced with a delicate touch of vanilla to just comfort, brings a sense of anise.
All well constructed, creating a fiery and virile aroma, work of art.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

An extraordinarily well-blended fragrance where every note is working in perfect equilibrium: lavender, vanilla, grapefruit, cardamom, violet leaf. A bracing opening. An extremely subtle green note and a dry-down of white musk. It's unlike any other fragrance I've experienced and could be compared to the most expensive talcum powder one has ever laid their nose on. I admire it for its technical perfection, but I'm not really sure if this is what I want to smell like. Great longevity and sillage.

GenuineR30
GenuineR30

So I bought a sample of both Invasion Barbare and 1725 Casanova. Here is my take.

Invasion Barbare - At first sniff I thought it was a little too harsh of a scent. I get a serious blast of lavender. If I was to describe how heavy it starts off - think of Sandalwood by Art of Shaving and mixing in lavender. Its softens with a bit of vanilla but the heavy lavender lingers. Ideally when you walk by a person the draft you will create should make the person smelling you, think...sweet but masculine and distinguished (just left the barbershop) Its like clashing heavy and soft together. "Invasion" is the perfect name for this stuff because people around you will feel invaded by your presence when walking past them and they'll be very glad you did. I think this fragrance smells better to the people smelling you than it does to the person wearing it. The lavender blast is a bit too much. Maybe with the right atomizer it will air it out and soften it more.

*Longevity - Great!! All day
*Projection - excellent, it will concur and invade
*Fall/Winter wearer this at in the colder months, too heavy for the summer

Casanova 1725 - It almost has the same lavender barber shop scent that Invasion offers but without the harsh blast. This scent is mellow and soft. I get a creamy almond vanilla scent from this. It almost has a powdery smell to it but not in a feminine way. Casanova is an excellent name for this fragrance. You're left wanting more from this scent which is what Casanova was all about. Its like you're drawn to it but if you get to close and figure it out you'll be left dissatisfied. Best advice I can give the wearer of this scent is don't wear it for you, but wear it for the people around you. This becomes a close skin scent after about 4 hours and if you haven't been able to get the girl close enough to you within those 4 hours of 1st application you'll lose her. Casanova was patient but didn't spend too much in one place remember that when wearing this.

*Longevity - Good not great 6-8
*Projection - Good but soft
*Year round scent easily worn in the warmer months unlike Invasion Barbare

Loupiot
Loupiot

Invasion Barbare and 1725 may be similar in the beginning but quickly they are distinguished from each other as 1725 smells more rounded with the almond/anise effluvia while Invasion Barbare highlights more masculine musky accords.

In my opinion, Invasion Barbare may be considered as the darker version of Presence by Mont Blanc

usas
usas

I tried it today, both on skin and paper. I wanted to smell it badly, because of the great reviews.
It's much greener than I expected. Actually I didn't like the green part. However, the scent get really transparent and well blended on skin after a while. Is it the quality I'm fond of? Maybe, because i don't know if I like the smell itself. At certain moments I didn't like it,
a few moments later I did. It reminded me a few times of a less sweet and somewhat darker GIT. But then again, with a wider spectrum of notes.

Really masculine, typical well done fougere. The basenotes have lots of depth. I washed my hands after a few hours and the basenotes are still fully there. Don't smell vanilla, though.
I will sample this one again when I get the chance. Interesting!

Also I noticed some similarities with Herrera's 212 Men (which I hate).

7,5/10

Manny44
Manny44

Wow....just the ultimate Fougere. So well blended that I smell every single note in equal proportion. Deserves the descriptor, "Museum Quality".

Kain
Kain

I'm not a fan of lavender based fragrances and I usually bash many of them. but there are a few that I can't deny how great they are and this is definitely one of them or I would say the best!
This is one of the most complex fragrances that I've tested in my life.
Lots of high quality notes blended layer by layer masterfully together to create this beautiful masculine fragrance.
At the opening I can smell lots of notes that surprised me how they mixed together like this without getting messy!
There is a semi sweet vanilla mixed with some animalic musk followed by aromatic and kind of fresh lavender, some spices specially cardamom and a little bit of leather.
It's semi fresh and clean, creamy sweet, musky and animalic, spicy and finally a little naughty and dirty because of soft leather note.
After a while and in the dry down than animalic musky scent disappears and now I can smell more spices plus a little bit of woods and some earthiness from patchouli! Very busy but at the same time very well balanced without getting harsh and messy. you can smell every note one by one without too much trouble!
The base is a dark and very mature aromatic herbal and smoky leathery scent followed by some woods, spices and earthy patchouli.
Very rich masculine scent.
The scent is not something new but the quality, blending and overall scent is mesmerizing!
Projection is strong and longevity is around 5-6 hours on my skin.
A masterpiece indeed!
It's a great choice for fall and spring and maybe winter but it's too much for summer!

راستش شخصا در بسیاری از مواقع از عطرهایی که بر پایه اسطوخدوس یا همون لاوندر هستن بدم میاد و تو نظراتم در موردشون اکثرشونُ میزنم میترکونم
اما به ندرت عطرهایی پیدا میشن که کاملا استثناء هستن و نه تنها از بوی لاوندر تو اون عطرها بدم نمیاد، بلکه معتقدم اون عطرها جزو بهترینهایی هستن که تاحالا تست کردم و این کار به طور حتم جزو این دسته قرار میگیره
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر از ترکیب بسیار زیادی از رایحه ها تشکیل شده که در کمال تعجب همه شون قابل تشخیص هستن
هنر بی نظیر عطرساز تو ترکیب حرفه ای رایحه ها واقعا تو این عطر ستودنیه
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی نیمه شیرین و ملایم وانیل شروع میشه که در کنارش بوی ضعیف مشک با یه حس حیوانی و کثیف هم وجود داره
در کنار اینا بوی لاوندر هم به راحتی به مشام میرسه که حسی نیمه شاداب و گیاهی و تلخ و کمی صابونی و تمیز به عطر میده
یه رایحه تند و تیز و کمی ادویه ای مانند و کمی هم تلخ به خاطر وجود هل هم به مشام میرسه که حس دلپذیری به عطر میده
کمی هم بوی چرم با حس دودی ضعیفش قابل استشمامه اما کاملا در حاشیه قرار داره
با گذر زمان اون بوی ملایم کثیف و حیوانی مشک از بین میره و حالا عطر تلخ تر و ادویه ای تر میشه
قدرت هل افزایش پیدا میکنه و در کنارش رایحه ملایمی از چوبها و کمی هم نعنای هندی اضافه میشن که بویی سنگین تر و تلخ تر و کمی خاکی به عطر میدن
تو رایحه پایه عطر دیگه به سنگین ترین حالت خودش میرسه
بوی چرم تو رایحه پایه قدرت زیادتری به خودش میگیره و حس تلخ و دودی ملایم و البته کاملا مشخصی به عطر میده
رایحه گیاهی و تلخ لاوندر بازم قویتر میشه و در کنار اونا رایحه چوبها و نعنای هندی هم بصورت ملایم وجود دارن تا حس مردانه تر و خشن تر و با جذبه تری به عطر بدن
عطر یه کار کلاسیک و مدرن هر دو بصورت همزمان هست که البته بوی خیلی خاص و جدیدی نداره اما این هنر ترکیب رایحه ها با این کیفیت و با این دز بسیار متعادل رو شخصا تاحالا تو هیچ عطری تجربه نکردم
پخش بوی عطر زیاده و ماندگاری در حد 5-6 ساعت روی پوست داره
یه عطر بی نطیر برای پاییز و روز های خنک بهاری و شایدم زمستون اما برای تابستون اصلا خوب نیست و صد در صد اذیت میکنه بوش آدمو

jtd
jtd

Perfumer Stéphanie Bakouche, 2007

I'm all for dismissing gender entirely in perfume.  Or at least fucking with it.  It’s been noted that men and women relate differently to their fragrances if they wear only one ("The One").  For women it's The Signature Perfume.  For men it's merely Old Faithful.  The implication is that women are notable for their desire to be noticed, to stand out while men are simply creatures of habit;  that women want a screamer like Dior Poison and men will wear only [insert brand] eau de cologne. This set of assumptions is both limiting and false.  Still, Old Faithful does point to an odd set of circumstances that has lead to some outstanding men's fragrances. (See The Masculine Chypre.)

There are loads of women's perfumes that I can imagine as The One.  Clinique Aromatics Elixir.  Lauder Private Collection. Robert Piguet Futur. Cuir de Lancome.  Amouage Jubilation 25.  Parfums de Nicolai Odalisque.  There are also all the Edmond Roudnitska unisex perfumes (unisex by public acclamation if not by marketing): Dior Eau Sauvage, Diorella, Frederic Malle Parfum de Thérèse. These perfumes, while gorgeous and complex, are conceptually easy for women to wear.

The One for men, and there are surprisingly many of them, have a more complicated set of goals to fulfill. They need to meet the needs of the male ego.  They must balance individuality with group affiliation and the need to be noticed with the inability to ask for help.  They balance the complications and fragility of masculinity on the fulcrum of beauty. (See Masculine Fragrances for Men.)

The relationship of The One to beauty is complex for men. The fragrance must be attractive from all angles, from start to finish yet not imply femininity or homosexuality.   And despite my vocabulary, it must never be referred to as either perfume or beautiful.  (Cologne and handsome will suffice.)  Its beauty must be recognized instantaneously yet appreciated over the course of years.  These perfumes tend to become classics over the years even if they were initially unconventional.  They lead the way.  Examples are Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel, Aramis by Aramis (granted, a version of the 'feminine'  Gres Cabochard), Old Spice, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Caron Pour un Homme, Chanel Antaeus. Many if not most of the 20th century French men's chypres (Chanel, Givenchy, Rochas...) and fougères (Hermes, Azzaro, Paco Rabanne...) make the grade.

To my mind there are really only three.  They are flawless, unmatched and I would happily wear any of them forever.  Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Andy Tauer l'Air du Desert Marocain. Well, make that four. I’ve been wearing  Parfum MDCI Invasion Barbare.

Invasion Barbare's apparent simplicity belies it's breathtaking beauty. It alludes to other genres, the fougère, the oriental, even the woody floral, but smells original.  Its grapefruit and bergamot notes harmonize with lavender and give lift.  The cedar and violet leaf notes add a pitched, quietly hissy quality.  A daily-wear perfume in addition to its other tasks, must also be comfortable, a quality typically associated with warmth and a roundedness.  Invasion Barbare nixes this expectation and stays crisp 12 hours later.

An odd aromatherapeutic property of lavender is that it is both stimulating and sedative.  Invasion Barbare functions similarly and suits all the tones and moods of a day.  It is graceful.  Is there really any other criterion for a perfume you’d wear every day?

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is a blast of aldehydes (C12 / anisic), talcum, floral notes, a hint of suede, something woody, rubbery and dry, and a sort of camphor-stale note on the very base. A green, bitter accord, quite realistic but also a bit pale and ambiguous. What I smell the most is however the aldehydes. In its own way, a cheap way, it's a nice fragrance, quite pleasant and fascinating too - the notes appear like stuffed in a transparent, frosted cube (that's the feeling aldehydes give to me). A clean, metallic, talcum-vanillin springy scent, cozy and incredibly persistent, fairly dull and completely unworth the price tag.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

How come nobody else on here has picked up this to be a carbon copy of FAHRENHEIT (Dior)?
Okay there are less of ingredients in this one, especially on the floral front, but the allover similarity is VERY obvious.

Really quite nice and arguably stronger than the current FAHRENHEIT EdT (excluding the new Perfume version which is great) but still not quite as good as the very original.

If you are looking to find the best copy/ alternative of the original FAHRENHEIT then this is the one for you.

stu1974
stu1974

5 years after first smelling this, I took the plunge yesterday at Harrods in the UK to buy myself a bottle of this wonderful scent. Wearing it today to work makes me feel happy, confident and I've already had multiple comments on the great smell from several co-workers (male and female!!). I think it's really classic as others have said - nothing barbaric or "in your face" but something subtely powerful and seductive in a fresh and lasting way. Yes it's not cheap, but it is wonderful!

smellyboy

Oh yeah, p.s..beautiful strong opening,lots of citrus and violet but not nose burning citrus,just smooth classy citrus

smellyboy

Going to wear my sample again today..I can't decide if I want to own this or not...It's a beautiful smooth perfume..No rough edges,nothing in your face,just velvety smooth all the way through..strong violet,lavender smell with vanilla.I don't smell much patchouli ,but will give full wear today outside and check it out again

Jwaks
Jwaks

lavendar, violet leaves and smooth citrus on a bed of powdery vanilla and musk. Intoxicating. Addictive. Refined. A gentleman's fragrance if ever one existed. All the above apply and this lacks the WOW factor that gives the little rush of adrenaline each time I smell it. It's a fairly cold and calculated fragrance sans emotion. Perhaps some fiery cinnamon or more robust citrus or something else naughty and dirty in the base like leather or something animalic would arouse my dark side and move this to the love category. For now it's extremely refined, very professional and mature. A scent for the pushovers who don't want to make a bold statement. Perfect for a sterile and restrained environments like the office though not for casual outings or otherwise since it lacks 'that' kind of appeal. It has everything but 'it.' Awesome for mature men looking for a democratic and restrained fragrance to appease the tame masses. 9/10 otherwise 7/10.

RevADGriffin
RevADGriffin

I had to make these notes early, before I left out for the day. I expect to be performing in a slightly to moderate physical atomosphere wherein the temp. will rise accordingly.

Initial ob: The grapefruit opened up for me and gave me a brisk pep to my step. I can 'sense' the bergamot more than smell it. It's definitly there and warming up to me a little as the hour progresses. I'm excited to learn how it handles Lowe's building suppliies - sawdust, plastics and such. I'm sure it'll leave as the Victor.

mmmm...expecting a good day!

reveillee
reveillee

Normally I like dark and challenging scents but this one is just so smooth and comforting. Don't get me wrong, it has a bit of an edge to it due to the added musks. I usually don't gravitate towards perfumes with a decent amount of lavendar but this one is an exception to the rule.
It has great longevity and good projection. I can't imagine allowing myself to ever run out of this. While it can be worn every season, it performs better in colder months.
Also while it is expensive, I think it is a safe blind buy. Though others may not be as infatuated with this fragrance as I, I can't imagine many disliking it.

Love the smell of this it's a masterful blend of grapefruit citrus notes in the top, blending with a lovely calming lavender, thyme and vanilla accord. Invasion Barbare is top quality juice well executed, as it dries down I can smell the violet peeping through so all in all a nice sophisticated and safe composition. Just to get things in perspective though I think the price is utterly ridiculous and it's a rare thing for me to complain about price because I've been known to splash out silly money on fragrances I love.
However non of the MDCI Parfum's I've tried with the exception of Cuir Garamante have been show stoppers and that's important when it comes to parting with so much cash. The resin busts are very cool and I have to admit I desperately want one for my collection but they're a total rip off £240 for 60ml Bust version flacon.
My dilemma is between the similarly priced Cuir Garamante and By Killian Incense Oud which at least has a re-fillable and very nice flacon which comes in a beautiful lockable box. I'm usually not motivated by 'frills' but sometimes collecting is as much about style as it is about substance.

Update: This fragrance is a very enjoyable experience I've had a lovely wear from it today and I've now exhausted my sample. I respect this juice for it's elegance and development over several hours it's just what I needed today a breath of fresh air. Really quiet on the sillage front but surrounded me in a gentle mist of complex sophistication. Lovely stuff but still not a show stopper, I can understand why people love it though.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Obviously Bourdon's inspiration for French Lover, although it is definitely removed from Malle's fragrance in various ways. Invasion Barbare should be considered the "hypocrite fougere." If you're scientifically oriented, you could scan the internet for collective opinions of fragrances like Cool Water, Green Irish Tweed, Allure Homme, Burberry for Men, Hugo Boss, Versace PH, Chez Bond, and take note of all the guys and girls who consider those to be "generic," "uninteresting," and/or "forgettable." Compare them to the reviews of Invasion Barbare, and see if there are any notable overlaps. I suspect the same folks who feel the aforementioned fragrances are dull will gush about MDCI's perfume without a second thought, which is fine, except Invasion Barbare is ultimately no different from any of them, save for its higher ingredient quality, longer pricetag, and fancier bottle. Oh, and it leans more "spicy-woody" than violety or "green," but now I'm splitting hairs with my battle axe.

Edit: To follow up on Colin Maillard's comments, I agree entirely. There are some pleasant aldehydes in this fragrance. There are some relatively cheap aromatic notes swirling around behind them. It's very wearable and certainly not bad. But it's not worth the money, that's for sure. Generally this kind of fragrance can be found by designers for less than cab fare from Uptown to Midtown. Why bother paying for this stuff?

Erin Yee
Erin Yee

One word, for now:
Handsome.
Still developing, still falling in love.

GUTB
GUTB

A field of violets growing in a bed of delicate white powder; however, in spite of the imagery of vivid violets starkly contrasted with white, the scene takes on a dream-like quality. The violet-on-powder is abstract, indistinct, even as it is clearly there. Like a dream, there is no nagging details, and no pain is felt; within the strange world in the mind's eye where there can be such a thing as flowers growing in white powder, it all makes sense in the moment, it all blends together.

Not an elegant scent for a superior man, but a superior scent for the elegant man. The statement it makes is about himself for himself. It does not seek to proclaim his wealth to the world, or to be stunning in its exclusivity; it's there simply because he is elegant, and smelling less elegant than he is is just impossible to consider.

When I first sampled IB, I knew, deep down, I would end up buying it. I resisted fate for a while, tried other fragrances, including 1725; and while 1725 was similar it was no replacement, so I am now the owner of a bottle of superior juice, and I haven't regretted it once. So, if anyone reading this is like me, and you fear you have just been made $230-250 poorer -- just give in, and like me, you won't regret it.

bcoops
bcoops

Giving it my first full wearing today off a sample, about three hours in and I could still smell it radiating off myself .... Sometimes getting whiffs of lavender other times whiffs of vanilla and other times of them both together .... It is a very beautiful scent even though it smells delicate it still has a presence.... I hope I don't have to windup buying this. 1725 is also a favorite of mine I don't find them all that similar.... Just slightly
also if your testing get enough for a full 3/4 spray wearing....bliss

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

A GENTLE-MAN

Love the soft violet - and the warm, luxurious subtle dry down.

Understated masculinity. Mature, yet not 'old'. Truly a gorgeous scent.

Easy to wear. A signature scent for many a gentle-man.

ps. I did a blind 'smell test' - Invasion Barbare vs Sartorial. Indeed, there are similarities. Sartorial has the modern edge. Invasion leans a bit more towards traditional. After a few hours, Invasion retains its depth whereas Sartorial more transparent.

Matt Oldham

IB is as good as it gets. Not wickedly different and new but the very very best of what it is. No rough edges at all. Soft and beautiful. Like a violet marshmallow. Who knew violet leaf could be as luxurious a theme as leather? IB is like one of those $1200 margaritas: an everyday item made with the ultimate quality ingredients. I can't imagine ever getting tired of this or offending anyone with it,or not getting a tiresome number of compliments over the course of a day. I really don't care if something lasts or doesn't or radiates or leaves a trail...but this actually does last and continues to smell great for a long time. It does.I think people who look for problems invariably find them.

juiceboxking
juiceboxking

This was a real disappointment for me. I was very anxious to try this, but upon receiving my sample from luckyscent it really hasn't lived up to the hype. Appalling longevity (~2hrs @ best), and it kind of smells like skin so soft to me (I do smell a lot of cardamom though), which isn't terrible, but certainly nothing I would consider paying $260-375 for. I'm guessing the price and exclusivity add to it's appeal for some. Certainly try before even considering buying this one...

ThatMakesScents

Be careful with this one. I sampled this again today and I was still blown away by it but it seems to fall apart after roughly an hour. It becomes extremely powdery at that point.

Maybe it was the heat today but for the price this thing should keep on humming.

I can't help but think of Malle's French Lover when I smell this.

Matt Oldham

I'm not sure how everybody is able to detect all of these notes. Violet leaf is the only one I could pick out. The rest all work together in a beautiful abstraction.

nonsisa
nonsisa

Invasion Barbare seems to be quite a compliment getter with the girls. The opening is quite nice and rich in Cardamom and almost hypnotizing Vanilla accords. However the Invasion seems to develop some kind of fight between Lavender and Vanilla. I also get kind of medicinal notes from it after some time (incense maybe?). If you want to have something distinctive and very unique with Lavender and Vanilla this might be for you. On the other hand its pretty expensive, so you might wanna test it before buying.

buddy m
buddy m

I love it. Took the place of Creed's Green irish Tweed for my Go - To frag. It just smelss of class and money and it does cost money, but in this case it's true; "You get what you pay for"

It's one of those fragrance's that when people smell it they tell someone how good this guy at ...fill in the blank... smelled today and how they wish they asked for the name so they can tell their husband/boyfriend/sig other/ to buy a bottle or they will buy a bottle for you themselves. You'll be remembered in a good way, classy trpy of way after you are in contact with someone.

williamvargas
williamvargas

got a good sized sample to work with, my opening impression was very impressed, I really enjoy this type of fragrance, very well blended, I have sartorial and while I can smell some resemblance I would have to say this one is a tad superior in overall quality and projection.at least for me, such a costly perfume, not sure I could justify...but if money were no object I would be buying this. marvelous scent..this is what I would call top drawer of the cologne shelf..a standard reference of excellence... so far of this type of scent, there is this and then the others..wow!

ThatMakesScents

The first time I smelled this I wasn't impressed. Maybe it was because I had 5 or 6 samples on at once :)

Anyways today is a different story. I really dig this. This one is really difficult for me to put into words but hopefully this helps :

Reminds me of a Guerlain Colonia ( Bees Bottle) but sharper with bigger sillage and big longevity.

An overly complex and potent citrus in the vain of Classic Colonia is another way to put it. Eau de Coq crowd this is you.

Better for warmer weather and for men who "dress". A lawyer in Palm Springs or LA might wear this.

The price is absurd so I will never buy it but Bravo for making an interesting creation.

Does HDP 1725 REALLY smell like this or are there just a few similarities.

9-na
9-na

A scent built of three fond memories. First 60 hours it spent as vintage Tête-a-tête on me, colognish just the way I love it, with the green, the bushy, the foresty, the man bringing the flower to his lady. Next 60 hours smelled of vintage Sportclub cologne, sharply, with a tone of speed and metal it had for me, and the last 60 hours were vintage Fleur à Fleur cologne. A bit soapy at first, then grassy, and then – full of flowers, so alive, so nice, so wonderful.

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

Just received a sample of this...very well blended..but nothing special IMO. Nearly $400 for the 60ml Resin Bust version of this fragrance? No, thanks. Even $250 for the standard 60ml is pricey for this one...again, MY OPINION.

Pass.

Zenith
Zenith

I often compare fragrances to clothes, or what I would picture as going well with each fragrance. For this one I could only associate it with a beige shirt. I really really well made pricey designer shirt, but a beige shirt nonetheless. Nice shirt, but still a bit dull. Very nice in an understated way but I thought it had very little to make it stand out from the crowd.

The notes blend very well together with the herbs supporting the fragrance nicely. If this were cheap I would consider getting a bottle for certain occasions, but cheap it is not.

SARARAMOS
SARARAMOS

Acabo de recibir mi muestra y no me parece nada especial (sobre todo por su precio !). Simplemente puede pasar como una más de las fragancias que actualmente existen en el mercado. La duración es buena pero la proyección bastante débil. Realmente esperaba un perfume más potente y que se pudiese diferenciar del resto. Recomiendo probarlo antes de aventurarse a comprarlo.

trax
trax

Richer more herbal Opus II infused with yarrow flowers.
Not much to say. Balanced mix of lavender, cardamom and yarrow flowers. The sweet note has a violet feel to it, as in round and deep/dark. Not silly girly kinda sweet. But for me lavender, cardamom and yarrow pretty much sums it up :) Rich, dry, oldfashioned meets new. If The Body Shop were to launch a lavender-yarrow handcream in the same line as their hemp one, this is what I would expect it to smell like. Like it should have healing properties in say wound care. And don't get me wrong, I'm excited about it. But if you think Opus II was too "old man" well then you'll find the same lavender/cardamom combo here. If on the other hand like me you like Opus II but find it abit watered down/too much space between the ingredients, then this should fit just right :)

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

So my LuckyScent sample arrived. My score will be first (for those that dislike my or long ramblings in general ^^)!

A high 4/5. But no more.

Impressed (but not overwhelmed) with this creation from the small but talented group of Perfumers, and I know why it has it's name! This is indeed a Premium Barbershop! Except, probably one purpose made for a Prince! Invasion? On your Dear old Wallet, of course!

As others have described it is very clean and modern but also at the same time, powdery and aromatic. Lavender plays a central role for me here. But opens with very tart/faint grapefruit and a heap of refreshing herbal lavender and some (not too feminine) sweetness, which is most welcome. Now here, it lost marks simply because I'm a grapefruit lover- I really love the stuff! But its presence is oh-so faint, to almost vanishing point- and not quite as citrus-crisp as I would've liked. And I do not quite detect the ginger, although it may be present adding some of the 'spicy weight' I do feel.

It's very expensive, so this combined with the above was more than enough for me to knock off a point. However the grapefruit, while fleeting is there to provide refreshing wafts. And the rest of the lavender-powdery herbs stream forwards- a very bold bubble formed that keeps going for a solid 3 hours. The difference is the quality- from a distance, the grapefruit adds the 'citrusy' touch that creates much needed movement between the lavender powder. It's incredible in this scent.

It's hard to find quality this refined even in niche, so it's a good thing this is so at this price! The niche factor is more apparant for me as I normally cannot stand the 'designer' lavender/powder but here, the notes are soft and airy like the aroma from the said bushes themselves.

Bourbon vanilla- the best variety- also appears, and is frankly (and literally!) quite breathtaking. It's all very intoxicating and beautifully rendered, perplexing why no other scent I know has achieved this. But at least this one has.

Maybe some radiant amber, and a touch more citrus at the top would have scored this an easy 5/5. As of now, if you're just collected a bonus and run out of your previous favourite, this is maybe (just maybe) £165 well spent.

Basically, in a summary of all the above, I love it ^^

sergio.fiorenzi
sergio.fiorenzi

This is my favorite of the MDCI fragrances and I always wear it when I want to get the attention.
The rich spicy/citrus opening made of grapefruit, cardamom, ginger and bergamot provides an extremely modern perfume while a violet leaf accord enanches the fresh/transparent aspect of this composition which makes me think that Invasion Barbare MDCI Parfums for men is smelling very girlie now and maybe some salt could balance it all out.
It reminds me 1725 Histoires de Parfums for men but MDCI lasts much longer and is much more perfume in my oppinion.

Subtle sophistication. Invasion Barbare is surely not among the most original compositions available on the market but it's still one of my favorite "nugere". Its apparently classic fougere-y structure makes it easily approachable and perfect for everydays wear but, at the same time, Stephanie Bakouche was able to give it a special character by adding countless details. The rich spicy/citrus opening made of grapefruit, cardamom, ginger and bergamot provides an extremely modern allure while a violet leaf accord enanches the fresh/transparent aspect of this composition. IB evolves then into a more classic woody/musky base that vaguely resembles of vintage Equipage and other immense masculines of the past. .

Overall IB is a perfect connubion between classic and modern that's fantastic for both your most relaxed moments and going to the office as well as formal occasions and nights out. Invasion Barbare speaks clearly of quality but does it with a faint voice. In the end, if you've something interesting to say, you don't need to shout it out loud.

Overpriced? Oh, well, most definitely but it smells darn good.

Rating: 8.5/10

jathanas
jathanas

Invasion Barbare together with 1725, and Sartorial, are my favorite type of fragrance, the modern fougere.

Invasion Barbare is the most complex of the 3, and it would appear to be the best blended.

The standout notes for me are violet leaf, lavender, cardamom, and the warm powdery base.

Immaculate scent.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This opens with a candy type scent that seems to morph on your skin with lavender and violets weaving in and out. After a while it gets warmer and woody while retaining that candy smell in the background. It's very complex and the more I smell it the more I like it.

silentrich
silentrich

To describe this by the notes would do this an injustice. The closest vibe comparison would be to JPG's Lemale which is an even bigger injustice to say it's even comparable. I've sample a lot of fragrances and this on is the best fragrance I've ever smelled. Absolutely perfect and if it wasn't so expensive this is all I would ever need. Holy grail.

Leesee
Leesee

This is probably my favorite of the MDCI fragrances to date. The scent opens with a chilly mist of citrus, followed almost immediately by a burnt sugar and spice bouquet, very warming and lush. The drydown seems to emphasize the patchouli note, but in a temperate and calming, yet decidedly sensual manner. Invasion Barbare may have been created with men in mind, but trust me when I tell you that it is more than beautiful and definitely feminine enough for most any woman.

Nuppu
Nuppu

I have to admit, I did get urge to buy a sample of this men fragrance just because of it's imagination tickling name Invasion Barbare. Well, there isn't any Conan or other drooling wild mens here, IB is clean, classy and quite sophisticated. Lavendel, thyme, bergamot, all cool and well mannered. This one smells like colour blue to me.

So, maybe this is suitable to modern, clean cut bisnesmens or like who is gentleman outside, but like to nurture his inner wildman with this very cleverly named classic perfume?